Westbrook is gonna have fun playing against L.A's pgs
Okc bench vs. L.A's bench

Who y'all got?

YouCan'tBeatLA
05-13-2012, 04:18 AM
Kobe is going to shut down Westbrick.

Avenged
05-13-2012, 04:19 AM
With the way the Lakers are playing lately... OKC in 5? I don't know, it really depends if Pau and Bynum show up.

DaLakerz Rulz
05-13-2012, 04:27 AM
OKC in 5 or 6.

USMCLaker
05-13-2012, 04:31 AM
I'm going down with the ship Lakers in 7.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-13-2012, 04:33 AM
I cant say Thunder, so Lakers in 6;)

Davidgta1
05-13-2012, 04:48 AM
If Kobe can shut down Westbrook for 2 or 3 games then we have a strong chance.

setman2000
05-13-2012, 04:50 AM
OKC in 5 - the Lakers are not at the level of OKC or the Spurs. Only delusional Lakers fans think they're a championship team. So lucky to get by the Nuggets.

setman2000
05-13-2012, 04:52 AM
If Kobe can shut down Westbrook for 2 or 3 games then we have a strong chance.

Like I said, only delusional Laker fans...

DaLakerz Rulz
05-13-2012, 04:54 AM

Ahh, I get it now....

Iron24th
05-13-2012, 04:56 AM
OKC is the heavy favorite.
But people act like no underdog has never upset a favorite before lol.
Lakers in 6!

setman2000
05-13-2012, 04:58 AM

Ahh, I get it now....

...and the rest of the country outside of La-La land - Lakers = overrated! One of the worst benches in basketball and no shot against OKC! 4-1 series.

USMCLaker
05-13-2012, 05:01 AM
...and the rest of the country outside of La-La land - Lakers = overrated! One of the worst benches in basketball and no shot against OKC! 4-1 series.

Your mad, I get that.

Your not glad, I get that.

Your sad, I get that.

DaLakerz Rulz
05-13-2012, 05:02 AM

Well I agree with the series and about having a horrible bench, as I said in my post OKC above in 5/6. But there is no need to call out Laker fans and keep saying delusional. Obviously ppl will support their team.

Iron24th
05-13-2012, 05:08 AM

People thought nuggs had no chance vs lakers but they forced a game 7, you must have learned something from it, favorite or no,there are still games to be played.

USMCLaker
05-13-2012, 05:10 AM
People thought nuggs had no chance vs lakers but they forced a game 7, you must have learned something from it, favorite or no,there are still games to be played.

People used to think the world was flat too.

GOON MUSIC
05-13-2012, 05:18 AM
I cant say Thunder, so Lakers in 6;)
^^^^^^^^

setman2000
05-13-2012, 05:21 AM
Well I agree with the series and about having a horrible bench, as I said in my post OKC above in 5/6. But there is no need to call out Laker fans and keep saying delusional. Obviously ppl will support their team.

If the Nuggets would have one tonight I would have said OKC in 5 - because that's basketball and the Thunder are better than Denver....and the Lakers.

John Walls Era
05-13-2012, 05:24 AM
OKC in 5, unless OKC is rusty right now. Then maybe Lakers can steal HC advantage and win the series.

Bruno
05-13-2012, 05:26 AM
imo, lakers are done if they don't win game one. if they do, we have a series.

obviously they'll have life if they take game two and split 1-1, but i think they need game one. is perkins playing???

setman2000
05-13-2012, 05:28 AM

They forced game 7, and were leading in the 4th, because they are as good as the Lakers. The Lakers aren't as good as OKC. The "people" you speak of were dead wrong while many other "people" knew the Nuggets would compete against a dysfunctional Lakers team with a weak bench. OKC in 5.

USMCLaker
05-13-2012, 05:31 AM
They forced game 7, and were leading in the 4th, because they are as good as the Lakers. The Lakers aren't as good as OKC. The "people" you speak of were dead wrong while many other "people" knew the Nuggets would compete against a dysfunctional Lakers team with a weak bench. OKC in 5.

I just put a curse on Peyton Manning.

Davidgta1
05-13-2012, 05:35 AM

Pretty sad ur team lost huh?

setman2000
05-13-2012, 05:38 AM
Pretty sad ur team lost huh?

The youngest team in the NBA just took your "championship" team to game 7 and had a 4th quarter lead on the road after being down 16 in the 3rd...yeah, pretty sad!

setman2000
05-13-2012, 05:39 AM
I just put a curse on Peyton Manning.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

USMCLaker
05-13-2012, 05:41 AM
The youngest team in the NBA just took your "championship" team to game 7 and had a 4th quarter lead on the road after being down 16 in the 3rd...yeah, pretty sad!

Not sad at all, but props to the Nuggets for fighting like warriors! They played the game the way it should be played.

Davidgta1
05-13-2012, 05:41 AM

Yea the nuggets were as good as the lakers when pau was playing like a little girl.

USMCLaker
05-13-2012, 05:43 AM
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

lol.

Davidgta1
05-13-2012, 05:44 AM

Yep they took em to a game 7 an couldn't get it done.

Law25
05-13-2012, 05:48 AM
I think this Denver series prepared the Lakers for the Thunder. Denver if im not mistaken were the highest scring team in the league and the Lakers kept them well below there season average. Also they had to beat a fast run out type team which should have prepared them for OKC's running game. Lakers had to play and win in high altitude denver as well,so I think there endurance has improved as a team. This game seven may have brought them closer together, and the last two home games OKC had against Dallas came down to the wire, so they can be beaten there. I say Lakers Steal game 1, win 3 and 4 take 6 in L.A

WorldPeace on Durant will be big
Kobe on Westbrooke will be big
Sephelosha Kobe dosent have Kobe to worried
It will come down to bench play and who bigs wins the battle in the paint on both ends.

USMCLaker
05-13-2012, 05:49 AM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Yes!!!

He will have an insatiable urge to Tebow after every hike and should the Lakers lose against OKC Denver will be in the lottery for the next 10 years.

Want to rethink your position? ...and maybe I will remove the curse.

numba1CHANGsta
05-13-2012, 05:49 AM
Keep in mind, the Lakers own the Thunder mentally in the playoffs, if Bynum and Gasol show up during the whole series, you can count the Lakers to win in 6!

USMCLaker
05-13-2012, 06:01 AM
Somehow I just knew Woody's Nuggets would fall.

Iron24th
05-13-2012, 06:25 AM
yea the nuggets were as good as the lakers when pau was playing like a little girl.

+1

Game_Over
05-13-2012, 06:48 AM
OKC will own the Lakers 5 maybe 6 tops!!

king_couttsy
05-13-2012, 06:53 AM
I wish I could be a taunting Nuggets fan, but I can't. We had our shot and just couldn't get it done.

I want to say that the Thunder sweep, but I just can't see it happening. The Thunder were pretty poor towards the end of the season, so I'm going to say that this goes to a game 7 as well.

Who wins? At OKC, I guarantee that the superstar calls go to the home team. And that's what the difference will be.

LakersIn5
05-13-2012, 07:38 AM
the lakers and okc play game 3 and 4 at staples on back to back night. whats the reasong for this? i know because of the compressed schedule but it doest make sense.

game 1 may 14
game 2 may 16
game 3 may 18
game 4 may 19
game 5 may 21
game 6 may 23
game 7 may 27

IF the series goes to seven it would happen in a span of 13 days. why did they have to put a back to back and a 3 day break in between game 6 and 7? if they just made the games every other day the latest it could finish is the 26th which is earlier than the made schedule.. just WTF. whats the reason for the B2B then? the only reason i can think of is court availability but thats kinda shallow.

also does this favor a team in having back to back games on the same place? if yes which team!g

USMCLaker
05-13-2012, 07:42 AM
Personally I don't think it matters the Thunder got to lace em up and play the same time we do it's a matter of who want's it more.

blom85
05-13-2012, 08:00 AM
who cares

Fnom11
05-13-2012, 08:52 AM
I actually liked all the back to back stuff. It made for more basketball to be had.

JordansBulls
05-13-2012, 09:04 AM
I am interested to see how Durant plays now knowing he didnt win MVP. I wonder if he will come out with that killer instinct.

Heater4life
05-13-2012, 09:21 AM
I say Lakers in 7. Westbrook is the wildcard and i think he'll have enough inconsistencies for the Lakers to take the series.

LAKobeBryant
05-13-2012, 09:35 AM
depends on which kobe is showing up the passing out the double teamer or shooting over the double team. and perkins may be out for game 1 i bet.

raiderfaninTX
05-13-2012, 09:36 AM
wow how low will the lakers fan base go, bragging about beating the nuggets. Sad to see a championship teams fan base do these type of things. Just shows where the success meter has fallen

Rafer17
05-13-2012, 09:42 AM
It may have something to do with the Kings (NHL) they play in Staples Center as well.

theheatles
05-13-2012, 10:01 AM
LA in 7

Avenged
05-13-2012, 10:02 AM

How exactly are they overrated? Nobody has them as favorites, heck hardly anyone sees them having a great shot at winning a championship, and the majority have criticized our lack of bench and coach personnel. Seems like you're just bitter after losing the series. :shrug:

Avenged
05-13-2012, 10:05 AM
wow how low will the lakers fan base go, bragging about beating the nuggets. Sad to see a championship teams fan base do these type of things. Just shows where the success meter has fallen

Only that the Lakers aren't a championship team, so no, it really isn't all that sad. The Lakers came off a sweep in the 2nd round in the last postseason and didn't really do much to improve aside from upgrading at the point which isn't hard to do when your last PG was Fisher. Acting like the Nuggets are scrubs just to get a shot at Laker fans is sadder to be honest. Gotta give them more credit, they are a good team.

Jumi
05-13-2012, 10:19 AM
Thunder in 5

If the Lakers would've finished off the Nuggets quicker, I would've given them the edge. The heavy minutes from the regular season and the long first round series will catch up with them. The games are gonna be tight, but the Thunder are gonna close them out in the fourth quarter.

The basketball fan in me wants to see an epic 7 game series with Kobe and Durant going all, "Old Lion vs. Young Lion!"

97NYer
05-13-2012, 10:32 AM
Thunder in 5

LoveMeOrHateMe
05-13-2012, 10:53 AM
Lakers in 6... People keep forgetting that the only reason the lakers went to seven with Denver was because artest was out for 6 of them oh and because pau and Bynum decided to only show up for half of the series!
I think the lakers will be ready and more focused this time around!

Bynum>>>perkins
Gasol>ibaka (only if he plays like he did in game 7)
Durant>>>artest(Durant will get his points but will be inefficient and will spend a lot of energy doing so)
Kobe>>>Sefalosha(Kobe always has trouble with Thabo mainly because he gets really physical with Kobe a little too much sometimes but I aint no ref so smh but just like Durant Kobe will get his points but won't necessarily be effective)
Westbrook>>sessions both are great offensively but westbrook is hands down the better pg defensively sessions will have a hard time guarding him, that's why they'll put kobe on him and try to neutralize him Like he did in the last game they played!

Thunder bench>>>lakers bench
Harden vs Blake lol
This is where OKC has the advantage but if the lakers can get the same production they did fom hill and Blake as they did in game 7 then watch out!

Really I have the lakers in 6 because I think our bigs will show up big time and not play like girls like they did vs Denver And the return of metta
But if they continue to play like **** again then the thunder will make this a quick 5 or 6 game series!

lakersfan211
05-13-2012, 11:11 AM
I hate to say it but Thunder in 5 or 6...hope I'm wrong...we struggled against a team with no stars and is not that good...I think it will be a tough match up for us...come on Lake show...prove me wrong

69centers
05-13-2012, 11:12 AM
OKC in 5

heyman321
05-13-2012, 11:19 AM
Doesn't matter Grizzlies are making the Finals anyways.

thedfactor
05-13-2012, 11:24 AM
Lakers need to steal at least one in OKC to have a real chance. OKC is young, rested and they are playing great ball. Bynum and Gasol have to dominate inside, if they do...Lakers can win it.

That said OKC in 6

D-Leethal
05-13-2012, 11:30 AM
I can't wait for this series. If the Lakers can neutralize the speed of the Thunder and make it a half court battle they will win. They need to do what the Mavs did to them last year in the playoffs.

barreleffact
05-13-2012, 11:59 AM
Absolutely terrible schedule that completely favors the Thunder IMO. They are younger and will probably steal one in LA. All the rest comes before LA being on the road. IMO it is completely lopsided to favor the Thunder.

kdspurman
05-13-2012, 12:00 PM
I see this going 7. I don't know who I'd take, but I'd lean towards LA

Lakers + Giants
05-13-2012, 12:06 PM
OKC In 5

JayW_1023
05-13-2012, 12:06 PM
Lakers in 6... People keep forgetting that the only reason the lakers went to seven with Denver was because artest was out for 6 of them oh and because pau and Bynum decided to only show up for half of the series!
I think the lakers will be ready and more focused this time around!

Bynum>>>perkins
Gasol>ibaka (only if he plays like he did in game 7)
Durant>>>artest(Durant will get his points but will be inefficient and will spend a lot of energy doing so)
Kobe>>>Sefalosha(Kobe always has trouble with Thabo mainly because he gets really physical with Kobe a little too much sometimes but I aint no ref so smh but just like Durant Kobe will get his points but won't necessarily be effective)
Westbrook>>sessions both are great offensively but westbrook is hands down the better pg defensively sessions will have a hard time guarding him, that's why they'll put kobe on him and try to neutralize him Like he did in the last game they played!

Thunder bench>>>lakers bench
Harden vs Blake lol
This is where OKC has the advantage but if the lakers can get the same production they did fom hill and Blake as they did in game 7 then watch out!

Really I have the lakers in 6 because I think our bigs will show up big time and not play like girls like they did vs Denver And the return of metta
But if they continue to play like **** again then the thunder will make this a quick 5 or 6 game series!

This isn't street ball bub. You're forgetting about a thing called chemistry and team execution. It doesn't matter who is better on paper, the team who plays the best together wins. Period.

LoveMeOrHateMe
05-13-2012, 12:07 PM
^^ I agree as a lakers fan I think the lakers need rest and the fact that they will play 4 game in 6 days is absurd and crazy

BALLER R
05-13-2012, 12:10 PM
I really don't like this you have a game then rest then back to back. one day rest and then another game. It's gonna take a toll on both teams

JWO35
05-13-2012, 12:15 PM
I'd be shocked if OKC doesn't win this in 5...

tcav701
05-13-2012, 12:23 PM
If LA didnt want a back to back, they shouldn't have let Denver take them to 7 games.

mudvayne387
05-13-2012, 12:23 PM
I'm guessing it has to do with the LA Kings series against the Yotes

jammastershake
05-13-2012, 12:36 PM
On the 17th (Thursday) and 20th (Sunday) the Kings are playing the Coyotes in the WCF.

Plus if the Clippers win today (not likely) they would have a home game on May 21st and May 23rd.

So you either have the Lakers play on the 18th/19th or the 18th/22nd, and it makes more sense to have back 2 backs for games 3 & 4 than to have 3 days off between games 3 & 4.

JayW_1023
05-13-2012, 12:46 PM
I expect the Thunder in a hard fought six games.

Baller1
05-13-2012, 12:47 PM
OKC in 5.

The Lakers aren't the same team as they were back in 2010, and neither are the Thunder. OKC is rested and just the superior team. This series is going to be won because of James Harden. The Lakers have a putrid second squad, and Harden will absolutely destroy them because of it. In almost every game, I guarantee we see OKC take a solid lead in the second quarter for this reason.

Gonna be fun, but the superior team will win; that's OKC.

Cfrey
05-13-2012, 12:48 PM
Your mad, I get that.

Your not glad, I get that.

Your sad, I get that.

You're*

You're*

You're*

You're welcome bra...

JayW_1023
05-13-2012, 12:48 PM
The Thunder just have too many weapons on both ends.

Chacarron
05-13-2012, 12:59 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Thunder swept the Lakers to be honest, especially with the back-to-back at Staples. It all depends on Pau and Bynum, they are the key for the Lakers to have a chance.

tredigs
05-13-2012, 01:04 PM
I was rooting hard for LA last night in order for this series to happen.

Go OKC: They embody all that is right with basketball, and the Lakers - though formidable and with a championship caliber team if they were tuned right - leave a hell of a lot to be desired both on the court and in their actions. Not a fan of that program or a solid core of their players (Kobe has earned his respect - although it's inflated by announcers - so we can leave him out of that equation).

Can not wait for this series.

... Can not wait for this series.

Enjoy a pissed off Thunder, LA.

Hunter48MVP
05-13-2012, 01:05 PM
Lakers in 7

GSWFanInLA
05-13-2012, 01:09 PM
I don't get why people are saying LA in 7.

There is no way in hell they are winning a game 7 on the thunder's home court.. no way

Baller1
05-13-2012, 01:12 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Thunder swept the Lakers to be honest, especially with the back-to-back at Staples. It all depends on Pau and Bynum, they are the key for the Lakers to have a chance.

I somewhat feel that we can sweep too, but in all honesty, sweeping is just not that easy. The Lakers are still former champions and have three all-star caliber players. It'd be crazy for me to expect a sweep, which is why I said five. But admittedly, I could see this series extending past that, although it shouldn't.

Chacarron
05-13-2012, 01:16 PM
I somewhat feel that we can sweep too, but in all honesty, sweeping is just not that easy. The Lakers are still former champions and have three all-star caliber players. It'd be crazy for me to expect a sweep, which is why I said five. But admittedly, I could see this series extending past that, although it shouldn't.

If Gasol plays like he did yesterday, this series can go 7 games. I just don't want to set myself up for disappointment.

Baller1
05-13-2012, 01:18 PM
If Gasol plays like he did yesterday, this series can go 7 games. I just don't want to set myself up for disappointment.

Haha, same here.

J4KOP99
05-13-2012, 01:19 PM
If LA didnt want a back to back, they shouldn't have let Denver take them to 7 games.

?

tredigs
05-13-2012, 01:21 PM
What if Scott Brooks just sends in a guy like Nazr to absolutely blast/take out Bynum or Pau Gasol (thinly veiled when they're attacking the rim, not as obliviously psychotic/stupid as something that only the idiocy of Artest could do)? Not their way to cheap shot or revenge hit, but the Lakers have something coming their way in that regard. I'm anxious to see how that will play out.

*The reason I say Bynum or Gasol is because Artest almost does not deserve the revenge hit. Ala baseball retribution hits, unfortunately it should go to a better player (I would choose Bynum as he is a documented piece of **** in most regards. Not Gasol).

Baller1
05-13-2012, 01:23 PM
Like many have said, it's because of the LA Kings.

D12 fan
05-13-2012, 01:25 PM
OKC has to much athletic ability for LA,they are Denver on steroids,I say Thunder beat LA in 5 or 6 games.

tcav701
05-13-2012, 01:26 PM
?

If LA closed out their series in less than 7 games, last night would have been OKC/LA game 1 and there would have been no back to back.

The back to back is to get them back on schedule for the finals. San Antonio will likely have a back to back as well.

lavell12
05-13-2012, 01:26 PM
Lakers in 6. The Lakers need to win game 1 b/c they need to take advantage of the Thunder's rust and I think they do.

Baller1
05-13-2012, 01:27 PM
What if Scott Brooks just sends in a guy like Nazr to absolutely blast/take out Bynum or Pau Gasol (thinly veiled when they're attacking the rim, not as obliviously psychotic/stupid as something that only the idiocy of Artest could do)? Not their way to cheap shot or revenge hit, but the Lakers have something coming their way in that regard. I'm anxious to see how that will play out.

*The reason I say Bynum or Gasol is because Artest almost does not deserve the revenge hit. Ala baseball retribution hits, unfortunately it should go to a better player (I would choose Bynum as he is a documented piece of **** in most regards. Not Gasol).

If a retaliation hit were in place (I really don't think there is), then of much, much rather it be Bynum. I can't stand Gasol and have never liked him, but I would never want to see him take a hit for no reason. Bynum on the other hand is a piece of ****.

tredigs
05-13-2012, 01:37 PM
If a retaliation hit were in place (I really don't think there is), then of much, much rather it be Bynum. I can't stand Gasol and have never liked him, but I would never want to see him take a hit for no reason. Bynum on the other hand is a piece of ****.

It sounds petty but I truly hope there is (and I agree that with Brooks at the helm and Perkins out, it's questionable). The thing is that it will show that not only are they extremely skilled - but they have a brotherhood and are not to be ****ed with. The way they handle this situation will define a lot of what the Thunder are about. And I appreciate those facets as much as the skill in players. The Lakers have EARNED their retaliatory hit, you know? Oblige them.

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-13-2012, 01:40 PM
**** you Stern. You know very damn well it's hard to win 2 straight home games in the playoffs, much less on back-to-back nights which has never happened before (in my days of watching basketball), and the younger legs of the Thunder benefit while the old legs of the Lakers suffer from this. Total BS!

For those Thunder fans like Baller nonchalantly using the excuse of "LA Kings", well, if the Kings game is in the afternoon that Sunday they could make the Lakers game at night, or vice versa. They can work around it. A delay of 1 or 2 days between games 3 and 4 isn't the end of the damn world!

Goalie31
05-13-2012, 01:42 PM
For those Thunder fans like Baller nonchalantly using the excuse of "LA Kings", well, if the Kings game is in the afternoon that Sunday they could make the Lakers game at night, or vice versa.

Staples center has a rule that basketball can't be played after a day game of hockey because of OT

And really people? They have played on back to back nights all year it really isn't that big of deal.

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-13-2012, 01:43 PM
If LA closed out their series in less than 7 games, last night would have been OKC/LA game 1 and there would have been no back to back.

The back to back is to get them back on schedule for the finals. San Antonio will likely have a back to back as well.

Get them back to schedule for the finals? The Finals usually end mid-JUne, this time, it'll end at the end of the 3rd week of June because of the late start to the seas. Regardless, they're still going to be a week behind what they're usually scheduled as, so why screw the Lakers. Again, total BS, and BS with your excuse of the "oh well, they should have closed them out before, too bad". BS!

jrands
05-13-2012, 01:45 PM
Retaliatory hit? This is a basketball forum right, not baseball or hockey?

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-13-2012, 01:45 PM
Staples center has a rule that basketball can't be played after a day game of hockey because of OT

And really people? They have played on back to back nights all year it really isn't that big of deal.

That's fine with the rule.

That being said, no, it is a big deal. The playoffs are about making adjustments and making sure each team gets the fair proper rest between games, or else what you're going to have sloppy, ugly and tired basketball on top of the physical, gut out basketball that is the playoffs. More risk of injury, especially in this shortened season. It's never happened in the playoffs before as my memory serves me correctly.

And what if the CLippers advance to the 2nd round, now how the hell are they going to fit in Clippers, Kings and Lakers game at STAPLES?

tredigs
05-13-2012, 01:50 PM

You believe it's out of the question or not appropriate? I'd like to hear the argument on your end other than 'I'm not used to this!'.

Baller1
05-13-2012, 01:51 PM

Lets ask Artest and Bynum that question.

Avenged
05-13-2012, 01:55 PM
The Lakers have more scrubs than the Thunder so if you're talking about intentionaly hitting a core player, the Lakers will win that battle.

Baller1
05-13-2012, 01:56 PM
**** you Stern. You know very damn well it's hard to win 2 straight home games in the playoffs, much less on back-to-back nights which has never happened before (in my days of watching basketball), and the younger legs of the Thunder benefit while the old legs of the Lakers suffer from this. Total BS!

For those Thunder fans like Baller nonchalantly using the excuse of "LA Kings", well, if the Kings game is in the afternoon that Sunday they could make the Lakers game at night, or vice versa. They can work around it. A delay of 1 or 2 days between games 3 and 4 isn't the end of the damn world!

It's not an excuse, it's just the truth. That's the reasoning for the back to back. Most people have known that this seasons playoffs were going to contain a back to back somewhere along the way, not sure why people are getting unsettled about it now.

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-13-2012, 01:57 PM
OKC fans and TRedigs acting classless, anticipating to take cheap shots at the Lakers because they're afraid to facing that team at full strength.

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-13-2012, 01:58 PM
It's not an excuse, it's just the truth. That's the reasoning for the back to back. Most people have known that this seasons playoffs were going to contain a back to back somewhere along the way, not sure why people are getting unsettled about it now.

Baller, the thing is that it favors OKC. Young legs can easily rise back after a brutal physical playoff game.

Baller1
05-13-2012, 01:58 PM
OKC fans and TRedigs acting classless, anticipating to take cheap shots at the Lakers because they're afraid to facing that team at full strength.

Haha, yet your team actually takes the cheap shots and couldn't beat OKC at full strength.

Classic case of irony my friends.

tredigs
05-13-2012, 02:00 PM
The Lakers have more scrubs than the Thunder so if you're talking about intentionaly hitting a core player, the Lakers will win that battle.

Hah but it would never go down like that, obviously; Just taking back and forth shots at their best players, etc? And if it did let's not pretend to know the extent of the hits/who would actually be hurt/would there just be an all out brawl, etc. I'm not going to pretend to know if or how the retaliation will go down, but I'm confident it won't be some semi-civil back and forth ping pong action with the knocks.

@KB-Pau up there, let's not forget that the only time the Lakers were able to mount an 'epic run' and take down OKC this season was after Artest blasted arguably the most pathetic cheap shot in modern NBA history and left them at half staff.

smith&wesson
okc has been sitting too long. lakers are rolling.

okc big men are great defenders but LA's big men are two way players.

artest is back, gives the lakers a spark they needed.

no major injuries to either team.

durants going to go off, artest is going to have a hard time gaurding him

west brook will own LA's pg's. kobe cant defend him all game he will run out of fuel.

harden will be xfactor.

it will be an interesting series.

I call lakers in 7

KB-Pau-DH2012
Haha, yet your team actually takes the cheap shots and couldn't beat OKC at full strength.

Classic case of irony my friends.

You're talking about a damn regular season game.

I'm talking about an entire playoff series, you know, when it matters the most.

Baller1
05-13-2012, 02:01 PM
Baller, the thing is that it favors OKC. Young legs can easily rise back after a brutal physical playoff game.

I'm not denying that, but it's been a known fact that a back-to-back would occur. Whether you want to see it as a coincidence/unlucky or a "fix", well that's on you I guess.

tcav701
05-13-2012, 02:02 PM
If PHI-CHI went to a game 7 then there would have been a back to back in their next series against Boston.

Its not being done to "screw the Lakers."

Nobody should feel bad about lack of rest. Rest is earned by closing out your series early.

tredigs
05-13-2012, 02:03 PM
And screw class. The Lakers do not know of or respect 'class'. They just don't. You're dealing with animals in a real way with some of these guys - I say treat them accordingly.

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-13-2012, 02:04 PM
I'm not denying that, but it's been a known fact that a back-to-back would occur. Whether you want to see it as a coincidence/unlucky or a "fix", well that's on you I guess.

Uggh, yeah agree, more of a coincidence/unlucky thing.

Baller1
05-13-2012, 02:06 PM
Uggh, yeah agree, more of a coincidence/unlucky thing.

Exactly, that's all I meant by what I said. Of course I agree that it gives OKC the advantage, but I highly doubt it was done solely to give them the advantage.

magic0320
05-13-2012, 02:07 PM
if lakers are only once having back to back this year in the playoffs then i really do believe someone plan this so lakers loss for sure....really hope lakers will pull this one out and win the series

i mean seriously who wants back to back i the playoffs.

Losoway
05-13-2012, 03:06 PM
THUNDER 4-0 SWEEP ....i honestly dont think the lakers have a chance to stay within 10 points of okc

Patman
05-13-2012, 03:10 PM
if lakers are only once having back to back this year in the playoffs then i really do believe someone plan this so lakers loss for sure....really hope lakers will pull this one out and win the series

It will be probably the same for the other west semi finals. The NBA isn't out to get the lakers. It was known before the playoffs that back to backs were a possibility.

beliges
05-13-2012, 03:33 PM
THUNDER 4-0 SWEEP ....i honestly dont think the lakers have a chance to stay within 10 points of okc

You may be right. There is a huge talent discrepancy. The Thunder, along with the Heat, are the two most talented teams in this league. One thing that will change the Lakers' mentality however is the return of Ron Ron. Furthermore, even in his 16th season, you cannot count out Kobe. The greatest winner of this generation and the greatest winner since MJ. Even as the underdogs, the dude will bring out the best in the Lakers in this series. But still, might not be enough to match the Thunders' talent and athleticism.

IIISSKiLL
05-13-2012, 03:44 PM
THUNDER 4-0 MAYBE 4-1 Lakers are done.. hopefully Kobe doesnt ask to be traded to Chicago again after another early exit

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-13-2012, 03:51 PM
If they wanted to make it fair for both teams, they could have just had Game 2 @ OKC and Game 3 @ LAL on back-to-back nights.

It's just way too hard to win back-to-back home games on back-to-back nights IMO.

kblo247
05-13-2012, 03:55 PM
Hah but it would never go down like that, obviously; Just taking back and forth shots at their best players, etc? And if it did let's not pretend to know the extent of the hits/who would actually be hurt/would there just be an all out brawl, etc. I'm not going to pretend to know if or how the retaliation will go down, but I'm confident it won't be some semi-civil back and forth ping pong action with the knocks.

@KB-Pau up there, let's not forget that the only time the Lakers were able to mount an 'epic run' and take down OKC this season was after Artest blasted arguably the most pathetic cheap shot in modern NBA history and left them at half staff.

Let's also not act like Harden didn't run under Ron to provoke a shot/flop after Artest had scored over double digits at that point and dunked 4 times on the likes of KD and Perk as well. LA had all the momentum and the lead iirc with Ron imposing himself on them until Harden tried to do the Chandler/Terry flop and actually took a shot.

Durant also shot 37% the last two games versus La and Westbrook 3/22 in the one game Kobe guarded him from tip. It isn't like Ron and Kobe don't have the best chance of any tandem out west at slowing them down

BRAVE KID
05-13-2012, 04:05 PM
OKC in 4. Denver just could not shoot...just 1 game where they were able to shoot.

OKC is going to have a field day.

I don't like OKC all that much either...so meh.

Go spurs for the west. :cool:

torocan
05-13-2012, 04:07 PM
OKC in 6.

I give Kobe enough credit that he'll carry 1-1.5 games.

Ultimately, the Lakers don't have the tools, athleticism or youth to keep up with OKC.

Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Sefilosia?

Lakers are a looooong shot.

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-13-2012, 04:10 PM
If Bynum wants to be the "next franchise player" as Shaq so fittingly put it, he's going to have to be dominant on both ends of the floor and be the reason the Lakers win the series.

Jenceman
05-13-2012, 04:15 PM
I really think Tredigs happiest memories in life are of any year where the Lakers don't win a championship.

How can you hate anything, especially a ****ing basketball team, this much? :laugh2:

Holy crap.

D12 fan
05-13-2012, 04:15 PM
If Bynum wants to be the "next franchise player" as Shaq so fittingly put it, he's going to have to be dominant on both ends of the floor and be the reason the Lakers win the series.

Bynum is 24yrs old,he's been in the NBA for 7yrs,if he hasn't matured by now he never will.

Also off topic but does anybody notice Bynum has a head full of gray hair at 24yrs old,why does he have so much gray hair he can't be that stressful,I mean he is a millionaire.

Showtime Steve
05-13-2012, 04:16 PM
Metta lost weight and looks light on his feet. Give durant problems, kobe on westbrook will make him inefficient. Harden is x factor.

--23--
05-13-2012, 04:29 PM

The Spurs have a back to back also.

Gm1: Tue 5/15
Gm2: Thu 5/17
Gm3: Sat 5/19
Gm4: Sun 5/20
Gm5: Tue 5/22
Gm6: Fri 5/25
Gm7: Sun 5/27

setman2000
05-13-2012, 04:34 PM
Doesn't matter Grizzlies are making the Finals anyways.

Good call.

Bruno
05-13-2012, 04:36 PM
It sounds petty but I truly hope there is (and I agree that with Brooks at the helm and Perkins out, it's questionable). The thing is that it will show that not only are they extremely skilled - but they have a brotherhood and are not to be ****ed with. The way they handle this situation will define a lot of what the Thunder are about. And I appreciate those facets as much as the skill in players. The Lakers have EARNED their retaliatory hit, you know? Oblige them.

this is ********.

nobody wants retaliation, it's bad for the league and bad for the sport. and if the thunder have the ultimate goal in mind, they'll be smart enough to focus on winning the series. because THAT is the ultimate retaliation.

that bay area fog is blurring your windshield here 'digs.

Kamikrazy
05-13-2012, 04:49 PM
You may be right. There is a huge talent discrepancy. The Thunder, along with the Heat, are the two most talented teams in this league. One thing that will change the Lakers' mentality however is the return of Ron Ron. Furthermore, even in his 16th season, you cannot count out Kobe. The greatest winner of this generation and the greatest winner since MJ. Even as the underdogs, the dude will bring out the best in the Lakers in this series. But still, might not be enough to match the Thunders' talent and athleticism.
You forgot to add, and the coaching of scott brooks.

smith&wesson
05-13-2012, 05:17 PM
I dont think okc can get past the lakers with out perk.

koberulesall
05-13-2012, 05:22 PM
sounds weird but I say the series is going to end in either two ways, OKC in 5 or I think it will be Lakers in 7

Baller1
05-13-2012, 05:24 PM
sounds weird but I say the series is going to end in either two ways, OKC in 5 or I think it will be Lakers in 7

I actually agree completely.

3iverson3
05-13-2012, 05:33 PM
Denver is as good as Gasol when he plays like a girl.....

Problem is, he is a girl:)

Good luck Lakers, should be a fun series with all that went on. Fisher, Artest, and Perkins will make things interesting.

lakerboy
05-13-2012, 05:57 PM
It really depends on which Laker team shows up.

If we see the lazy Bynum and Gasol, it will be an easy OKC sweep

If we see the solid Bynum and Gasol, it can go 6-7 games, OKC or LA

Run&Gun
05-13-2012, 06:08 PM
How well OKC can play in the half court will be key, they're fast break points will prob. win them 2 maybe 3 games top, but I think if the series ends up going beyond 5 games OKC will have to play half court offense. If that happens I think either Harden or Ibaka has to score at least 14+ points for them to win. I know Ibaka isn't an primary offensive asset but he's a effecient scorer, and when he gets it going it seems OKC usually wins.

ThunderousDemon
05-13-2012, 06:27 PM
Lakers in six

Cal827
05-13-2012, 06:41 PM
Lakers in 6. I just can't stop looking at the front court. Remember, Memphis came awfully close to eliminating this team last year with Z-Bo/Gasol while having Gay injured.

This year it's Gaslol/Bynum with a Healthy scoring winger in Kobe Bryant and a decent player in Ramon Sessions.

Including that their SFs in Barnes and World Peace are both very good defensively to deal with Durantula.

Playoff Hardened core... compared to basically just Perkins/Fisher for OKC.

The Only way I see LA losing this series is if Brown gets outcoached... which is very possible lol

tredigs
05-13-2012, 07:22 PM
I actually agree completely.

You think the Lakers would beat OKC in a game 7 in Energy Arena. Odds would be stacked against them, that's for sure.

this is ********.

nobody wants retaliation, it's bad for the league and bad for the sport. and if the thunder have the ultimate goal in mind, they'll be smart enough to focus on winning the series. because THAT is the ultimate retaliation.

that bay area fog is blurring your windshield here 'digs.

You're a pacifist, and that's fine. But it's not the way I would handle the situation. The idea of a retaliation knock and having your ultimate goal being the championship are not mutually exclusive objectives Bruno. Stick with me here.

lamar2006
05-13-2012, 07:30 PM
Bynum struggles againts Perkins but he eats Collison for breakfest. if Perk misses two games like he is suppose to I can see the Lakers stealing 1 in OKC but I can also see the Lakers losing one at home. being 2-2. But, if Lakers win they will win in 7. But, if Bynum and Gasol dont show up for 3 games like they did againts Denver we will lose in 5.

Mcdoh
05-13-2012, 07:49 PM
its more of a kobe vs westbrook...

Beltrans Mole
05-13-2012, 07:57 PM
OKC in 6 games.

king4day
05-13-2012, 08:00 PM
If Perkins is healthy to stay on the court, I'd be stunned if Thunder don't win this in 6 or less. I don't see any team in the league stopping them.

dos132
05-13-2012, 08:02 PM
series ain't over, so no one knows who's gonna win. who's gonna think that 76ers 8th seed can beat 1st seed chicago.

lesson = just watch the game rolling and lets see who will take the "W"

this will be a good match up...

Soonerule
05-13-2012, 10:57 PM

I don't anticipate any cheap shots taken at any Lakers' players nor would the Thunder organization tolerate it, they have too much class. The only retaliation Artest can expect from OKC is some well deserved booing every time his hypocritical new name is mentioned. The Thunder's retaliation will be moving on to the next round and I hope the Lakers show more class this year than they did last year when they do it.

Fireworld
05-14-2012, 01:04 AM
Momentum shifted heavily towards Den in the La vs Denver series. Could happen here? Hoping for Lakers in 7, but my gut says OKC in 6.

Fireworld
05-14-2012, 01:05 AM
Oh, and is Perk still out? That would be huge!

hail2skins4life
05-14-2012, 01:12 AM
Thunder seem to be the heavy favorites but I think the Lakers can pull this off. But I am saying that as a Laker fan. But think of it

Denver had the leagues highest scoring offense and ran fastbreaks all over the Lakers. But the Lakers still did win. Yea it was in 7 games but Bynum and Gasol *****ed out for 5 and 6. OKC is going to try to run a lot. Thats why I think the Nuggets style of offense prepared the Lakers.

If they Lakers can slow it down and play their pace, then they can do it. Bynum and Gasol have to be big though. We cant afford to have them not show up for games against the Thunder. We may have gotten away with it barely against Denver but it wont happen against OKC.

Then we have Artest on Durant, and Kobe on Westbrook. That can make life for those two extremely difficult. If the Lakers bigs play well it helps slow the game down and the Thunder lose their fast break and have to rely on Durant Westbrook and Harden to make plays against a tough Lakers D.

Then for the Lakers on offense you have Bynum and Gasol. If they get going then things will get real tough for OKC. Cuz you simply cannot match their size. Then you have kobe to worry about and now that artest is back we have more 3 point range. And Steve Blake has been ridiculous. He is looking like Fish.

I think Steve Blake will be an x factor of the series. His 3 point shooting will be vital. If he can be sharp, as well as Artest, then it will spread the floor so well and then things will open up.

And remember OKC has had like 9 days off. They could be rusty. Lakers have a good chance to steal game 1 and I think they will. Then go back to LA and take 3 and 4. I say LA in 6

FreakaNashur
05-14-2012, 01:19 AM
i actually like the lakers in this series. i think they are build to beat the thunder

plus OKC will prolly be rusty going a week without playing basketball.

Thunder 9
05-14-2012, 02:01 AM
Thunder seem to be the heavy favorites but I think the Lakers can pull this off. But I am saying that as a Laker fan. But think of it

Denver had the leagues highest scoring offense and ran fastbreaks all over the Lakers. But the Lakers still did win. Yea it was in 7 games but Bynum and Gasol *****ed out for 5 and 6. OKC is going to try to run a lot. Thats why I think the Nuggets style of offense prepared the Lakers.

If they Lakers can slow it down and play their pace, then they can do it. Bynum and Gasol have to be big though. We cant afford to have them not show up for games against the Thunder. We may have gotten away with it barely against Denver but it wont happen against OKC.

Then we have Artest on Durant, and Kobe on Westbrook. That can make life for those two extremely difficult. If the Lakers bigs play well it helps slow the game down and the Thunder lose their fast break and have to rely on Durant Westbrook and Harden to make plays against a tough Lakers D.

Then for the Lakers on offense you have Bynum and Gasol. If they get going then things will get real tough for OKC. Cuz you simply cannot match their size. Then you have kobe to worry about and now that artest is back we have more 3 point range. And Steve Blake has been ridiculous. He is looking like Fish.

I think Steve Blake will be an x factor of the series. His 3 point shooting will be vital. If he can be sharp, as well as Artest, then it will spread the floor so well and then things will open up.

And remember OKC has had like 9 days off. They could be rusty. Lakers have a good chance to steal game 1 and I think they will. Then go back to LA and take 3 and 4. I say LA in 6 Good points but nobody can keep up with westbrooks speed in either full or half court. No one can guard durant one on one he is either too lengthy or too fast for anyone on the team. Harden can get to the basket nearly at will and if the D collapses he can kick it out to the 3 point line. Perkins is the best defensive big man one on one in the NBA according to phil jackson. Ibaka is a shot blocking machine and can shoot the deep ball (also good at 3s the few times he has taken them). Sefolosha is one of the best defenders in the world and always gives bryant a hard time and he has picked up his 3 point shooting this year. Fisher will be playing with alot of heart against his old team. Collison could be the most under rated player in the league ranging from his defense to his outside shooting and his charge taking ability and not a bad rebounder either. We dont play mohammed in the playoffs so i'll keep him out of this conversation.

Oh and I almost forgot...the fans. I'm takin the Thunder in 5.

kblo247
05-14-2012, 03:04 AM
Durant shot 37% versus LA the last two games and Westbrook 3-22 with Kobe on him. Durant had one of the worst series there was versus Artest before and Westbrook got shut down by Kobe on one leg who needed knee surgery and had his knee drained twice that series. To dismiss those two as being unable to deter Westbrook and Durant is silly because em have proven to do it this year and when it mattered in the playoffs

Raph12
05-14-2012, 03:18 AM
Going to depend on Bynum vs Perk/Collison and Pau vs Ibaka/Collison... I got Lakeshow in 7.

basketfan4life
05-14-2012, 03:27 AM
And screw class. The Lakers do not know of or respect 'class'. They just don't. You're dealing with animals in a real way with some of these guys - I say treat them accordingly.

Mods? anyone? No problem here ?

kblo247
05-14-2012, 03:39 AM
Durant shot 37% versus LA the last two games and Westbrook 3-22 with Kobe on him. Durant had one of the worst series there was versus Artest before and Westbrook got shut down by Kobe on one leg who needed knee surgery and had his knee drained twice that series. To dismiss those two as being unable to deter Westbrook and Durant is silly because em have proven to do it this year and when it mattered in the playoffs

I got LA in 6. I don't get why people keep overlooking Pau vs Ibaka if he sticks to his word and gets his *** in that paint. Ibaka is not that good of a one on one defender, and if Pau wanted to bring it, he would make it so that Serge would have to be sat for Perk or Collison on him. They also can't skate with Durant at the 4 on Pau, if Pau doesn't let them. I hope he woke up and am going to take him at his word that he will get his *** in that paint and go to work.

naps
05-14-2012, 03:57 AM
If Kobe plays like usual I don't think this series will last too long. OKC will take it in 5 games. If Kobe plays smart, doesn't jack up shots after shots, draws double team and kicks it out to three ball gunners or pass it to the best front court in the league then it'll be hell of a series. My guess is Kobe hero-balls and OKC takes it rather easily.

Patman
05-14-2012, 04:06 AM
If The lakers don't start to hit 3 pointers they will loose and it won't be pretty. They have no spacing for their bigs doubles are coming hard an quick because the opponent doesn't have to worry about shooters.
Have fun with Gasol going more to the paint Bynum/Hill will provide no spacing at all and if Meta/Blake/Sessions/Barnes /kobe can't hit their outside shots Gasol will get hammered down there.
If they start hitting shots and they up their effort this will be a good series.

C-Style
05-14-2012, 04:24 AM
If Kobe plays like usual I don't think this series will last too long. OKC will take it in 5 games. If Kobe plays smart, doesn't jack up shots after shots, draws double team and kicks it out to three ball gunners or pass it to the best front court in the league then it'll be hell of a series. My guess is Kobe hero-balls and OKC takes it rather easily.

Oh look the notorious Kobe hater, taking another shot, shocking! :rolleyes:

C-Style
05-14-2012, 04:43 AM
Lakers beat them in 2010 4-2? IF the Refs call this fair the Lakers have a shot, last series Lakers shot a staggering 55 less free throws and were able to close them out in 6. But if the refs favor OKC then they are gonna win without a doubt.

Free throw attempts
Game 1: OKC=24 L.A=22w

Game 2: OKC=33 L.A=32w

Game 3: OKC=34w L.A=12

Game 4: OKC=48w L.A=28

Game 5: OKC=24 L.A=31w

Game 6: OKC=31 L.A=14w

Heediot
05-14-2012, 06:58 AM
Thunder match up well here. I say OKC in 7.

LakersIn5
05-14-2012, 07:06 AM
lakers were heavy favorites last season vs the mavs but what happened?

john545455
05-14-2012, 07:30 AM
Here is an example of how physical this game will be....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQw49HHqs8s

dh144498
05-14-2012, 10:15 AM
OKC in 5 - the Lakers are not at the level of OKC or the Spurs. Only delusional Lakers fans think they're a championship team. So lucky to get by the Nuggets.

http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2010-08-02/1280722714336.jpg

KnicksorBust
05-14-2012, 10:26 AM
As long as we get 7 games I'll be happy. I think Lakers still have one more title run in them. They need this one more.

natelpete
05-14-2012, 10:29 AM
Thunder in an easy 5

Algmuskrats
05-14-2012, 11:00 AM
Going to be an amazing matchup. Thunder in 6.

THE GIPPER
05-14-2012, 11:09 AM
Thunder in 5.

Kobe isnt going to shut down Westbrook. Ty Lawson gave the Lakers problems and Westy is going to be even more difficult to slow down.

Durant will do fine against Metta like he always does: http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=duranke01&p2=artesro01

The matchup with the bigs will be interesting but I dont see the Laker bigs dominating the OKC bigs.

Bynum vs Perk: http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=bynuman01&p2=perkike01

Ibaka vs Gasol: http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=gasolpa01&p2=ibakase01

Lakers clearly have the advantage down low but the Thunder bigs are better defensively than the Nugget bigs. There were times vs Denver when Bynum and Gasol allowed themselves to be out hustled/rebounded/played by inferior opponents. If this happens at all in this series it'll be bad news for the Lakers.

Dark Donnie
05-14-2012, 11:21 AM
OKC in 5

naps
05-14-2012, 02:38 PM
Oh look the notorious Kobe hater, taking another shot, shocking! :rolleyes:

WTF did I say that's not true? Let's take a look at my post:

Tell me what's not true here. Lakers are a significant;y better team when Kobe shoots less and involves twin-towers and outside shooters. Perfect example is game 7 of last series. But Kobe doesn't do it often. Do you disagree?

Klivlend
05-14-2012, 02:47 PM
I can't believe how close the poll is. Thunder easily take it in 5.

Purple&Gold24
05-14-2012, 03:00 PM
Lakers in 7.

Mr_Amaziing
05-14-2012, 04:21 PM
Lets go Okc

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-14-2012, 04:22 PM
Lakers in 7.

Where the **** have you been:laugh2:?

JordansBulls
05-15-2012, 03:08 PM
With the way the Lakers are playing lately... OKC in 5? I don't know, it really depends if Pau and Bynum show up.

Not if they show up but how often they get shots. If they are underutilized this series the Lakers will lose.