PDA

View Full Version : A question for: Bulls/Knicks/Mavs fans

AMushroomStamp
05-12-2012, 06:05 PM
for each fanbase, select 1 of each answer on the poll:

Bulls fans:

would you rather just sign steve nash for the Mle, and come back with the same roster next season and wait for rose to get back to 100%

or

Trade Deng,Noah, 1 of Gibson/Asik and the 2012(bulls) and 2016(bobcats) for turkolou, and Howard with no extension being signed

relying on butler and brewer to hold down the sf position

Knicks fans:

would you rather use your MLe on Jeremy lin

or

use your mle on nash

Mavericks fans:

would you rather amnesty haywood, resign terry and kidd, and sign nash for the Mle

or

amnesty haywood, trade marion for cap relief, decline to resign kidd and terry, and sign Deron Williams

Ebbs
05-12-2012, 06:07 PM

Bulls fans:

would you rather just sign steve nash for the Mle, and come back with the same roster next season and wait for rose to get back to 100%

or

Trade Deng,Noah, 1 of Gibson/Asik and the 2012(bulls) and 2016(bobcats) for Howard

Knicks fans:

or

use your mle on nash

Mavericks fans:

would you rather amnesty haywood, resign terry and kidd, and sign nash for the Mle

or

amnesty haywood, trade marion for cap relief, decline to resign kidd and terry, and sign Deron Williams

Deron, I'd love to see Nash back on the team but can't pass on Derons talent if available

akagiredsuns
05-12-2012, 06:18 PM
The Bulls will not gut their core for Howard. And he is being way overvalued. 3 players and 2 picks just for him? LOL We be no different than the Heat with a couple superstars and inconsistent role players. Teams are not so hot for Howard as much as they were a year ago after the crap he's pulled these last 3 months and has alienated his teammates. Furthermore, the Magic are trying to unload Turk and his albatross contract with Howard in any deal, and a 3rd team would likely have to get involved to make something happen in terms of salaries. Bulls need a solid 2 guard like Ray Allen, OJ Mayo, or Nick Young & if they can somehow amnesty Boozer, I would gladly take Chris Kaman with Noah down low and the Bulls are set for next year.

smiddy012
05-12-2012, 06:21 PM
As a Bulls fan I wouldn't gut our roster for DH, but our FO has shown every indication that they would be interested, IF DH decided he wanted to come here. However DH has made almost every indication that Chicago is out of the cards.

That said I'd love to have Nash in Chicago, because I think Rose could matchup vs. most teams at SG.

Nash/Rose
Rose/Rip
Deng
Boozer/Taj
Noah/Asik

would be a hella sick roster.

MonroeFAN
05-12-2012, 06:23 PM
How is the best center in the league being overvalued? Most stars command that type of return.

AMushroomStamp
05-12-2012, 06:30 PM
The Bulls will not gut their core for Howard. And he is being way overvalued. 3 players and 2 picks just for him? LOL We be no different than the Heat with a couple superstars and inconsistent role players. Teams are not so hot for Howard as much as they were a year ago after the crap he's pulled these last 3 months and has alienated his teammates. Furthermore, the Magic are trying to unload Turk and his albatross contract with Howard in any deal, and a 3rd team would likely have to get involved to make something happen in terms of salaries. Bulls need a solid 2 guard like Ray Allen, OJ Mayo, or Nick Young & if they can somehow amnesty Boozer, I would gladly take Chris Kaman with Noah down low and the Bulls are set for next year.

yes, because my question was directed to gar forman and john paxon, not psd bulls fans...

THE GIPPER
05-12-2012, 06:42 PM
Nash at the point and Rose at SG would be sickkkk. Never even crossed my mind before.

Chill_Will_24
05-12-2012, 06:44 PM
How is the best center in the league being overvalued? Most stars command that type of return.

After that herniated disk teams should be very wary. Howard relies on athleticism so an injury to his back could be almost as devastating to him as Rose's knee injury...

celtNYpatsHeels
05-12-2012, 06:47 PM

Bulls fans:

or

Trade Deng,Noah, 1 of Gibson/Asik and the 2012(bulls) and 2016(bobcats) for turkolou, and Howard with no extension being signed

Knicks fans:

or

use your mle on nash

Mavericks fans:

or

Is that a serious question for Knicks fans? You know the whole Jeremy Lin thing has gone WAAAYYYY out of control when you are asking if you would rather have him or Nash.

oak2455
05-12-2012, 06:57 PM
After that herniated disk teams should be very wary. Howard relies on athleticism so an injury to his back could be almost as devastating to him as Rose's knee injury...

I agree with this message.... Also Stat says hi

kozelkid
05-12-2012, 07:01 PM
yes, because my question was directed to gar forman and john paxon, not psd bulls fans...

Considering how much the Bulls FO shows a preference for players with character (very similar to the sort of philosophy the Pittsburgh Steelers use), I find it VERY hard to believe that Garpax would be willing to give that much for a player who has been a total shmuck these last few months. That's also not taking into account his injury or the fact that in your situation, he wouldn't even sign an extension.

Obviously, I'd love to have Howard from a basketball standpoint (even thought I think he's a spoiled, primadonna). However, unless Howard guarantees an extension, I can't see it. Furthermore, I believe that Nash would be an awesome addition to the Bulls for next two years and would make it that much harder for teams to trap Rose.

--23--
05-12-2012, 07:48 PM
trade for Dwight if he's willing to join the team

Chill_Will_24
05-12-2012, 07:52 PM

Hell yea!!! A superstar who is nothing without speed and quickness on one knee and another that relies on explosiveness and athleticism with a bad back. Recipe for a championship!! :)

--23--
05-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Hell yea!!! A superstar who is nothing without speed and quickness on one knee and another that relies on explosiveness and athleticism with a bad back. Recipe for a championship!! :)

lol u mad or something?

Chill_Will_24
05-12-2012, 08:05 PM
lol u mad or something?

mad about what? i was just stating facts

smith&wesson
05-12-2012, 08:10 PM
knicks should trade amare & chandler for howard

bulls should trade boozer & noah for howard

mavs should sign d.will

AMushroomStamp
05-12-2012, 08:13 PM
knicks should trade amare & chandler for howard

bulls should trade boozer & noah for howard

mavs should sign d.will

im glad to see you posted about the scenarios that were layed out in the OP instead of making up your own...

DieHardCubFan
05-12-2012, 08:20 PM
As a Bulls fan, personally I would take the Nash deal. Trading for Howard would kill their depth. That is what separates the Bulls from most other teams. In my opinion, Howard isn't worth giving up as much as it says up there.

Punk
05-12-2012, 08:22 PM
Nash would be great and all but Lin is a better long term option until proven otherwise. I have no idea why Chicago needs Nash at all.

smith&wesson
05-12-2012, 08:30 PM
im glad to see you posted about the scenarios that were layed out in the OP instead of making up your own...

not sure if your being sarcastic but one of the options were for the bulls to trade for howard right :confused:

I think the bulls and the knicks should make a strong push for howard. soo thats what i stated.

nash is going to toronto ;)

Bulls_fan90
05-12-2012, 09:20 PM

:laugh: What would a Nets fan know about winning a championship?

daricoliver
05-12-2012, 09:25 PM
There are rules for using these exceptions. It seems to me that the Bulls have used their mid level on Rip and would not eligible to use it again. The same may be the case for the Knicks and JR Smith. I am not exactly sure but there are rules to using the exception. Maybe one of the knowledgeable NBA mods would be able to comment on that.

colinskik
05-12-2012, 09:41 PM
All teams mentioned should stick with the squads they had this year. I want to see which team in the NBA is truly the best when they're all healthy.

Sidenote - Nets need to do whatever it takes to keep Deron.

Chill_Will_24
05-12-2012, 09:51 PM
:laugh: What would a Nets fan know about winning a championship?

True :sigh:

Chill_Will_24
05-12-2012, 09:54 PM
All teams mentioned should stick with the squads they had this year. I want to see which team in the NBA is truly the best when they're all healthy.

Sidenote - Nets need to do whatever it takes to keep Deron.

I have absolutely no worries in my mind as far as keeping Deron Williams. He is spent the week with BK and Prokhorov watching AK47 dominate in Europe. Chilling with the boss! Doesnt seem like a man setting himself up to leave.

Guess it helps knowing that Dwight Howard wants a part of the new era in Brooklyn

JordansBulls
05-12-2012, 10:06 PM
I'd give up any 3 players outside of Rose on the Bulls for Dwight. I don't even think that is an argument either.

THE GIPPER
05-12-2012, 10:14 PM
I want to know some Bulls fans opinions of Nash playing the point with Drose playing the 2. Could this work?

BcEuAbRsS
05-12-2012, 10:19 PM
I'd trade the roster for Howard, minus Rose of course... Even if its just one year...

BcEuAbRsS
05-12-2012, 10:22 PM
Nash would be great, but honestly I don't see him being in Thibs wish list...

DR_1
05-12-2012, 10:43 PM
lol u mad or something?

Just put him on the ignore list, solves a lot of problems.

Chill_Will_24
05-12-2012, 10:50 PM
Just put him on the ignore list, solves a lot of problems.

Awww :(

jp611
05-12-2012, 11:26 PM

Better than trading away the farm for deron williams for a year and a half rental, which brought no playoff appearances, not to mention if Dwight gets traded to the Nets you will be the first to say that the back injury is minor

Chill_Will_24
05-12-2012, 11:49 PM
Better than trading away the farm for deron williams for a year and a half rental, which brought no playoff appearances, not to mention if Dwight gets traded to the Nets you will be the first to say that the back injury is minor

Farm? You mean Kanter, Favors, and Devin Harris? Sure if you think thats a farm and if you think thats a lot to pay for Deron Williams then i just dont know what to say. Deron Willaims has given no indication and has himself stated that had it not been for injuries the Nets would have been playoff team.

Not saying i agree with him just showing you where his mind is at. He also spent last week with the Russian boss watching AK47 dominate in Europe. Doesnt seem like a guy setting himself up to leave.. and no.. a herniated disk is a terrible injury. I should know.. i suffered it as well.

Weezy
05-13-2012, 12:02 AM
I just don't believe Nash wants to come to NY at all. It's just media making stuff up. I have NP with sticking with Lin and signing another vet PG.