PDA

View Full Version : If the Clippers lose the series to the Grizzlies, how will it impact CP3?

JordansBulls
05-12-2012, 02:14 PM
If the Clippers lose the series to the Grizzlies, how will it impact CP3 for

1. Blowing a 3-1 series lead when you are a 5th seed to a 4th seed
2. His future with the Clippers (as far as him wanting to stay past 2013)
?

Dade County
05-12-2012, 02:18 PM
it depends how the 2012-2013 season ends for him.

If the clippers have not made it to the WCF by then.... Cp3 is taking his talents somewhere else.

bigsams50
05-12-2012, 02:21 PM
The 3-1 loss would look bad. But we cant blame it all on Paul. DeAndre Jordan has disappeared completely. And after Blake, no one else on this team has been doing any scoring this post season

Chacarron
05-12-2012, 02:23 PM
Mo Williams has been underwhelming.

eyeamagerm
05-12-2012, 02:27 PM
injuries have crippled us in the playoffs also, so i would say wait until after the 2012-2013 season to see

D12 fan
05-12-2012, 02:27 PM
If they lose in the 1rd,I think LA might entertain a Griffin/Jordan for Dwight swap,Griffin is a good player but he isn't a superstar like Dwight,Imagine a CP3/Dwight led team,they would be competing with the Thunder for the next 5yrs.I don't think it will happen because the Clippers would never trade Blake,because he brings them a lot of money.

I can also see Chris Paul signing with Orlando if they don't get to the WCF by the end of next year,Orlando will have the caproom in 2013 to add a max player.

thekmp211
05-12-2012, 02:28 PM
he might pause, but there aren't many better situations for him. get billups back healthy, griffin develops and ad a bench big who can score. not many big market teams that are looking for a PG and have a ready-made playoff core to put around him. which teams do people think he would look at besides the clippers. the lakers?

D12 fan
05-12-2012, 02:35 PM
he might pause, but there aren't many better situations for him. get billups back healthy, griffin develops and ad a bench big who can score. not many big market teams that are looking for a PG and have a ready-made playoff core to put around him. which teams do people think he would look at besides the clippers. the lakers?

It will be between Clippers/Magic,like I said Magic will have enough capspace to offer a max contract in 2013,if Dwight stays with Orlando,they will be very attractive to Cp3.

Blitzbolt
05-12-2012, 02:45 PM
The Clipps might beat us on sunday but it looks like Cp3 is the coach they need a coach who will get in their face and has plays sets.

Playing 1 on 5 and running one play over and over won't get you very far in the playoffs.

NYMetros
05-12-2012, 02:50 PM
The series would already be over if he didn't have an injured groin. If they lose I don't see how this effects them in the future at all. No way CP3 leaves LA with Griffin coming into his own.

LAKobeBryant
05-12-2012, 02:51 PM
he would demand trade to lakers. lmao haha kidding

kylem4711
05-12-2012, 03:46 PM
hate excuses, but in this case, it all came down to injuries.

Blitzbolt
05-12-2012, 03:50 PM
hate excuses, but in this case, it all came down to injuries.

Spurs we injured Mcdyess.(few games)
Thunder took down nick collison and Ibaka.(they played injured)

Is our style of play.

Facepalm!
05-12-2012, 03:51 PM
He won't be a clipper much longer

Dré
05-12-2012, 04:17 PM
This series is all on its luminary: Vinny Del Negro. Take last night for example, Foye, Williams, and Young went 6-for-24 (for 13 pts) and had 1 rebound between them, whereas Bledsoe was playing well. Bledsoe (last night) had 14 pts (on 6-of-12 shooting), had 6 asts, 1 turn (to 1 forced), and 4 boards all in 24 mins.

If you think about those 24 field goal attempts, they could've gone to several other players who were using them far more efficiently that night. That easily could've been the difference between the Clips winning the series yesterday, and them losing it on Sunday.

Del Negro is a poor assessor of what works in a game. Popavich's theory of "don't fix what's not broke" is likely what has typically helped him garner success. He's not afraid to bench his starters, in favor of a rotation player outplaying them while out on the floor.

metsbulls1025
05-12-2012, 04:18 PM
Could you say this season was a "flop"?

thekmp211
05-12-2012, 04:23 PM
It will be between Clippers/Magic,like I said Magic will have enough capspace to offer a max contract in 2013,if Dwight stays with Orlando,they will be very attractive to Cp3.

i think that ship has sailed my man but we will see.

Facepalm!
05-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Flop city might not look the same if they lose this series!

Dré
05-12-2012, 04:48 PM
^Like I said in another thread: I love how the teams (and fans) complaining about the officiating, are actually the ones getting most of the calls (http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?p=22158988#post22158988).

Flop city might not look the same if they lose this series!

Funny how the team leading in free throw attempts (by a fairly wide margin) ain't the Clips (I'm talking 123-to-111 in favor of the Grizz heading into Game 5). :rolleyes:

Welcome to the Flophouse.

Facepalm!
05-12-2012, 04:51 PM
^Like I said in another thread: I love how the teams (and fans) complaining about the officiating, are actually the ones getting most of the calls (http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?p=22158988#post22158988).

Funny how the team leading in free throw attempts (by a fairly wide margin) ain't the Clips (I'm talking 123-to-111 in favor of the Grizz heading into Game 5). :rolleyes:

:facepalm: Maybe because the Grizz deserved most of them and the Clips deserve least.... Stats or no stats, Clippers are known as "Flop City" either way you slice it...You've seen the replays, you've heard the analyst etc!

Dré
05-12-2012, 05:10 PM
^Try maybe because both teams are playing physical with one another. I've seen both Griffin and Paul being poked, prodded, hacked, and swiped at all series long (a lot of these fouls are intentional, particularly those on Griffin). The fact that Paul embellishes the point that he got poked in the eye, makes no difference. You and I both saw it, clear as day. You make a play on the ball, not someone's eye, pure and simple. Getting hit in the eye can be distracting while handling the ball, you could step out of bounds, get tied up, travel, etc. Which is likely what would have happened had he not embellished. Smart play for the most part...

Evans is the only embellisher you can have a genuine beef with imo.

Blitzbolt
05-12-2012, 05:17 PM

Clipps are a jump shooting team while the Grizz go inside to Gasol ZBO and Gay maybe that's why.

kylem4711
05-12-2012, 05:27 PM
:facepalm: Maybe because the Grizz deserved most of them and the Clips deserve least.... Stats or no stats, Clippers are known as "Flop City" either way you slice it...You've seen the replays, you've heard the analyst etc!

the ole im gonna say something and i dont care if its true or not.

Blitzbolt
05-12-2012, 05:35 PM
The Grizzlies have more fouls excuse is so BS if you keep taking 17+ 3s a game you won't get alot foul calls.

Of all the years watching the NBA this has been the most flopping team I have ever seen.

D12 fan
05-12-2012, 05:36 PM
Clippers=Flop City

No team who flops deserves to win,I hope Memphis blows them out Sunday.

kylem4711
05-12-2012, 05:43 PM
flop to win.

Dré
05-12-2012, 05:47 PM
Clipps are a jump shooting team while the Grizz go inside to Gasol ZBO and Gay maybe that's why.

Lol wut? Other than Game 5, in which LA scored 26 points in the paint (and Memphis 48), it's been pretty close.

54-38 in Game 1 in favor of Los Angeles
46-38 in Game 2 in favor of Memphis
34-20 in Game 3 in favor of Los Angeles
50-40 in Game 4 in favor of Memphis
48-26 in Game 5 in favor of Memphis
46-40 in Game 6 in favor of Memphis

Memphis has scored 248 total points in the paint, LA has scored 232 (total). Not a huge margin for a so-called jump-shooting team.

Like seriously, bring facts next time y'all speak. Numbers never lie.

Blitzbolt
05-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Lol wut? Other than Game 5, in which LA scored 26 points in the paint (and Memphis 48), it's been pretty close.

Memphis has scored 248 total points in the paint, LA has scored 232 (total). Not a huge margin for a so-called jump-shooting team.

Post the attempts from the paint and 3 point line.

Dré
05-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Post the attempts from the paint and 3 point line.

All the stats can be had below, game-by-game break down:

Game 1 info (http://www.nba.com/games/20120429/LACMEM/gameinfo.html)
Game 2 info (http://www.nba.com/games/20120502/LACMEM/gameinfo.html)
Game 3 info (http://www.nba.com/games/20120505/MEMLAC/gameinfo.html)
Game 4 info (http://www.nba.com/games/20120507/MEMLAC/gameinfo.html)
Game 5 info (http://www.nba.com/games/20120509/LACMEM/gameinfo.html)
Game 6 info (http://www.nba.com/games/20120511/MEMLAC/gameinfo.html)

Both the Clips and the Grizz rank in the bottom 6 amongst playoff teams in terms of (3-PT) attempts. The Clips take more; they both shoot it at a fairly high percentage.

akagiredsuns
05-12-2012, 06:08 PM
The Grizzlies deserve some credit here. Randolph, Gasol & Conley played their butts off last night and stayed poised after falling behind 8 in the 4th. Clip fans are crying about injuries boohoo. Look at what happened to the Bulls. That was tragic. Now if that were the Clips case, one could sympathize blowing a 3-1 lead, but the bottom line is the Clips had a GOLDEN chance to close it out on their homecourt last night and CHOKED.

Careless turnovers in the 4th and Foye stepping out of bounds on that rebound cost them, and even then they could have quickly fouled on that last Grizz inbound play with 2 seconds and were caught sleeping. Enough of the excuses already. Griffin has shot what 28 of 48 from the line in the series?

The Grizz EARNED their victory yesterday and will finish this up on Sunday. They'll give the Spurs a much better fight and create matchup problems in the low post with Z-Bo & Gasol vs. an older Duncan & Tiago. Clips would get eaten alive in 5, 6 at most vs. SA. Kudos to the Clips for becoming legitimate finally, a great roster of talent there but they lack chemistry, & the right coach would make them beast. But not this year. Grizz in 7.

Dré
05-12-2012, 06:18 PM
^And Grizzlies fans were crying about foul calls going the Clippers' way, even though Memphis has owned the free-throw line through-out.

As for the Grizz giving a much better fight, they got murked by the Spurs during the regular season (SA taking the matchup 4-0). While the Spurs did take 2-of-3 from the Clippers, LA beat them down in San Antonio in the final matchup, and lost a close one in OT (which actually should have been a victory in regulation, had CP3 literally not gifted the ball to Gary Neal, for the ensuing tying three).

I'll take San Antonio in either scenario, but I somehow like LA's chances better.

kylem4711
05-12-2012, 06:19 PM
The Grizzlies deserve some credit here. Randolph, Gasol & Conley played their butts off last night and stayed poised after falling behind 8 in the 4th. Clip fans are crying about injuries boohoo. Look at what happened to the Bulls. That was tragic. Now if that were the Clips case, one could sympathize blowing a 3-1 lead, but the bottom line is the Clips had a GOLDEN chance to close it out on their homecourt last night and CHOKED.

Careless turnovers in the 4th and Foye stepping out of bounds on that rebound cost them, and even then they could have quickly fouled on that last Grizz inbound play with 2 seconds and were caught sleeping. Enough of the excuses already. Griffin has shot what 28 of 48 from the line in the series?

The Grizz EARNED their victory yesterday and will finish this up on Sunday. They'll give the Spurs a much better fight and create matchup problems in the low post with Z-Bo & Gasol vs. an older Duncan & Tiago. Clips would get eaten alive in 5, 6 at most vs. SA. Kudos to the Clips for becoming legitimate finally, a great roster of talent there but they lack chemistry, & the right coach would make them beast. But not this year. Grizz in 7.

of all the teams that the clips had a real chance at playing, the grizzlies were the team that I DID NOT want to face. The grizzlies are a really good team.

with that being said, your whole comment was stupid.

MickeyMgl
05-12-2012, 06:19 PM
He will be sad.

kylem4711
05-12-2012, 06:23 PM
He will be sad.

ha. good call

lakersfan01
05-12-2012, 06:25 PM
Chris Paul will still be a shitface win or lose.

Chronz
05-12-2012, 07:24 PM
No impact, those wins were a result of his brilliance, no 1 player should have to carry that kind of burden in the clutch. Memphis is the better (healthier) team.

willabeast77
05-12-2012, 07:46 PM
It depends whether or not if he shows up for game 7. But regardless the media will most likely blame him the most if they lose since it's his team.

mzgrizz
05-12-2012, 07:48 PM
It won't change his mind for the immediate future IMO. But if their FO doesn't figure out what the missing piece is; I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't want to leave after 2013.
That piece could be sitting on their bench BTW.

BKLYNpigeon
05-12-2012, 08:18 PM
If the Clippers lose the series to the Grizzlies, how will it impact CP3 for

1. Blowing a 3-1 series lead when you are a 5th seed to a 4th seed
2. His future with the Clippers (as far as him wanting to stay past 2013)
?

CP3 will work harder to teach the Clippers to flop better.

Punk
05-12-2012, 08:27 PM
I doubt it will. When was the last time Paul had a Top 3-5 team in the West? Memphis is simply too big. LA just needed a healthy Billups and a few bigs.

Plus, Paul and Griffin aren't healthy right now anyhow. So, I doubt he's going anywhere.

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-12-2012, 09:36 PM
You can make the case that CP3 couldn't give it his all in game 6 and possibly game 7 because of his injury. The guy is becoming way too injury prone, but that'll happen when you play reckless and flop all the time. One time you may flop and land so awkwardly, you can get injury likes he does like hip flexor injuries etc.

Chronz
05-12-2012, 09:49 PM
Your talking out of your *** again

Dré
05-12-2012, 10:15 PM
^Chill mayne, we all know Memphis homers are talking out of their... It was on full display on the previous page when they were unable to counter the cold, hard, tangibly quantifiable facts.

Do the Clips flop? Sure, but not any more than the Grizzlies do. I mean this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCxqnyUBEXo) was Oscar worthy right here. :laugh:

Sactown
05-12-2012, 11:50 PM
^Chill mayne, we all know Memphis homers are talking out of their... It was on full display on the previous page when they were unable to counter the cold, hard, tangibly quantifiable facts.

Do the Clips flop? Sure, but not any more than the Grizzlies do. I mean this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCxqnyUBEXo) was Oscar worthy right here. :laugh:

Well this is my breakdown

Memphis + 19 shot attempts
Clippers +36 3pt attempts
Memphis + 19 free throw attempts
Clippers + 6 in turnovers
Memphis + 31 in offensive rebounds

So by looking at the numbers, it looks like Memphis is getting to many 2nd chance shots and it's causing the clippers to foul, the clippers have shot 19 less shots, but have put up 36 more threes which shows they're perimeter oriented.

MrfadeawayJB
05-13-2012, 12:49 AM

points in the paint can be very deceiving. Clips get points in the paint off quick put backs, transition layups/dunks, alley oops,Cp3 floaters, etc.. While the grizz get most of their attempts from back to the basket post moves

Sactown
05-13-2012, 12:56 AM
points in the paint can be very deceiving. Clips get points in the paint off quick put backs, transition layups/dunks, alley oops,Cp3 floaters, etc.. While the grizz get most of their attempts from back to the basket post moves

On top of that free throws don't count for points in the paint even though the foul was committed down there

Chronz
05-13-2012, 01:26 AM
Well this is my breakdown

Memphis + 19 shot attempts
Clippers +36 3pt attempts
Memphis + 19 free throw attempts
Clippers + 6 in turnovers
Memphis + 31 in offensive rebounds

So by looking at the numbers, it looks like Memphis is getting to many 2nd chance shots and it's causing the clippers to foul, the clippers have shot 19 less shots, but have put up 36 more threes which shows they're perimeter oriented.
What about mid range shots? Memphis strikes me as a team much more willing to take the mid range shot instead of 3's. I still think the refs are favoring Memphis but its not whats making a difference IMO.

Dré
05-13-2012, 01:36 AM
points in the paint can be very deceiving. Clips get points in the paint off quick put backs, transition layups/dunks, alley oops,Cp3 floaters, etc..

I don't at all disagree with this, but points in the paint, are points in the paint regardless.

While the grizz get most of their attempts from back to the basket post moves

I disagree however with the above. It's true that they have more polished post up players. But in this series, Memphis has gotten more points in the paint off offensive put backs/offensive tip ins than the Clippers (since they've managed to generate more possessions, than LA, on offense). The Grizzlies also get their fair share of transition dunks/layups, from either defensive rebounds or forced turnovers (which sets up nicely when they manage to get out on the fast break). Fact is, each team is 3-0 when they outscore the other in transition.

On top of that free throws don't count for points in the paint even though the foul was committed down there

Whoever said they did?

Chronz
05-13-2012, 01:37 AM
Im not seeing your point, if true

Grizzlies should take more FT based on regular season stats about these 2 teams, and the calls have leveled off from what Ive seen, yet we're still losing. Thats all that needs to be said.

Cfrey
05-13-2012, 01:37 AM
I think he is slowly realizing how overrated blake griffin really is lmao

Sactown
05-13-2012, 01:40 AM
Whoever said they did?
Nobody, and that's my point. If one team shoots 52 shots in the paint and is fouled 16 times while the other team shoots 36 times in the paint, statistically the points in the paint might say they were equal in paint, but clearly the first team dominated the paint by not just getting points near the basket, but also getting to the line.

Sactown
05-13-2012, 01:55 AM
What about mid range shots? Memphis strikes me as a team much more willing to take the mid range shot instead of 3's. I still think the refs are favoring Memphis but its not whats making a difference IMO.

Memphis + 12 in shots between 15-22 feet
Memphis + 13 in shots between 10-15 feet
Memphis + 8 in shots between 5- 10 feet
Clippers + 11 in shots under 5 feet

Dré
05-13-2012, 02:01 AM
Nobody, and that's my point. If one team shoots 52 shots in the paint and is fouled 16 times while the other team shoots 36 times in the paint, statistically the points in the paint might say they were equal in paint, but clearly the first team dominated the paint by not just getting points near the basket, but also getting to the line.

I'm not necessarily agreeing or disagreeing with this logic. But free-throws are a tricky metric. E.g., you're awarded five fouls collectively as a unit. Anything over that, and your team finds itself in a penalty situation, guaranteeing whichever player (on an opposing team) you foul (on an on-the-ball defensive play), even in a non-shooting situation, gets to go for some easy buckets (if the player in question, is a decent free-throw shooters).

Losoway
05-13-2012, 03:03 AM
The clippers have no offense what so ever...its basically whatever chris paul does and hopefully he scores or makes a pass to blake

Deandre is invisible this series ...mo williams is very jr smith iffy

i expect memphis to win this and i expect chris paul to stay ..this is a very good team they just need to step the hell up

but i could see chris paul playing with portland or the knicks maybe in the near future

thekmp211
05-13-2012, 09:19 AM
see i've actually been really impressed with blake these playoffs. dude has been getting hammered, he has a bullseye on his back bryce harper style, and stepped up and kept coming. this guy WILL develop more polished offensive moves, and he actually has pretty good footwork he's just raw.

they need a guy like nick young in the starting lineup, but not nick young. and not mo williams, **** that guy. chauncey will help this team a lot.