PDA

View Full Version : Game 7 Round 1 Grizz v Clips 3-3 The Last One

mzgrizz
05-12-2012, 12:32 PM
http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac339/VSNResources/NBA%20Resources/119x120%20Round%20Logos/grizzs.png V http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac339/VSNResources/NBA%20Resources/119x120%20Round%20Logos/clipperss.png

Headed back to Memphis !!!! What an exhilarating win for us Grizz fans last night in LA !!!!
Our big guys were fed well and they are still hungry !!! Feed the big bears and all will be right.
MC had a good all round game but we HAVE to protect the ball better tomorrow. We were fortunate the rest of the gears were working since the TO's were killing us.
Loved Lionel's intensity and what a great, come from behind clutch game !
Let's do it again in front of over 18119 ballistic fans. Think we were loud opening night? Sunday will be even bigger.......and better.

GO GRIZZ !!!!!!!!!!! GO GRIZZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO GRIZZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ABC 12 noon Central
FM 92.9
AM 680

IN FED EX FORUM IN MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE

MrfadeawayJB
05-12-2012, 12:54 PM
Was very pleased to see Hollins give some tough love last night! These guys need to play more disciplined! Cut down the TO's, feed the post, contain paul and Griffin and do not surrender uncontested three's. We were fortunate the Clips missed so many threes last night, so we need to contain the role players as well.

Hellcrooner
05-12-2012, 03:42 PM
COnley, put the ball inside and lets go for the San Antonio Grandaddies next.

mzgrizz
05-12-2012, 07:53 PM
^^^ Agree except for the grandaddies.....these Spurs are the real deal
Won't be like last year at all

cyclonw
05-13-2012, 02:46 PM
go grizzz. good luck

BGeer091
05-13-2012, 03:34 PM
Well its clear that the N.B.A wants the Clippers to advance. It's been a one way game officiating wise.

Hellcrooner
05-13-2012, 04:11 PM
^ yes , but conley and zach didnt help at all.

mzgrizz
05-13-2012, 04:37 PM
If I have to lay blame, I put it on Conley; Hollins using Haddadi over Speights and Cunningham. An ineffective point guard kills the inside game. Btw ZBo played his heart out and WAY too many minutes. Again blame to Hollins. OJ disappears but he was never meant to be the point guard this year. Will want to see us build the team around Marc next year. Sign and trade. Come back as the Spurs did this year.

slap
05-13-2012, 04:40 PM
Tough loss man. Tough. The turning point to me seemed to be the stretch where Arenas was in for Conley. I believe DC was in for Zach as well. I understand Conley was in pain and needed a breather, but I have to question the decision to kind of experiment with the lineup at that point in a game 7. You have to go with what you know to be effective. I'm no coach, but it just seemed that's when the Clippers began to build a lead. I'm not trying to take away from the Clippers, I'm just burning after the loss. I'm tired and my voice is gone and the season is over. Here's to next year! Hope the team can stay together. I know we have some tough financial and personnel decisions to make before next year, I just hope we don't lose too many pieces. How do we keep Mayo/Speights/DA? Is DA worth keeping considering his injury history? Do we want to keep Arenas? Will he stay for cheap? Will Haddadi be here next year? Is Rudy tradeable?/Do you trade Rudy to facilitate salaries for Mayo or Speights? I can't even offer an opinion on any of this yet. I need some time to get my head together. Another Game 7 hangover. No remedies available until next season. Ugh.

5ass
05-13-2012, 05:23 PM
Tough loss man. Tough. The turning point to me seemed to be the stretch where Arenas was in for Conley. I believe DC was in for Zach as well. I understand Conley was in pain and needed a breather, but I have to question the decision to kind of experiment with the lineup at that point in a game 7. You have to go with what you know to be effective. I'm no coach, but it just seemed that's when the Clippers began to build a lead. I'm not trying to take away from the Clippers, I'm just burning after the loss. I'm tired and my voice is gone and the season is over. Here's to next year! Hope the team can stay together. I know we have some tough financial and personnel decisions to make before next year, I just hope we don't lose too many pieces. How do we keep Mayo/Speights/DA? Is DA worth keeping considering his injury history? Do we want to keep Arenas? Will he stay for cheap? Will Haddadi be here next year? Is Rudy tradeable?/Do you trade Rudy to facilitate salaries for Mayo or Speights? I can't even offer an opinion on any of this yet. I need some time to get my head together. Another Game 7 hangover. No remedies available until next season. Ugh.

as a magic fan id love to have rudy. redick would be a good fit in memphis. u need 3 pt shooters. obviously that wouldnt be nearly enough. what would the grizzlies want? we have a #20 pick, and expirings.

MrfadeawayJB
05-13-2012, 05:30 PM
Tough loss but i wont blame the officials. A few bad calls here and there, but not enough to kill our chances. Every game there are a few players having a bad day shooting but its rare for a whole team to struggle. Rudy and Marc were the only scorers today. Give credit to the Clips D, but i'm still dissappointed

slap
05-13-2012, 05:36 PM
Tough loss but i wont blame the officials. A few bad calls here and there, but not enough to kill our chances. Every game there are a few players having a bad day shooting but its rare for a whole team to struggle. Rudy and Marc were the only scorers today. Give credit to the Clips D, but i'm still dissappointed

Agreed, it seemed like it was called pretty evenly. Still, it was called more like an NFL game than an NBA game. You could argue the refs could've called a foul on almost every possession. But, that's playoff ball, a lot of what is called in the season is ignored in the playoffs. Maybe these NBA refs can work as replacement refs for the NFL, I know they are contemplating replacement refs for the upcoming football season.

mzgrizz
05-13-2012, 06:22 PM
What pissed me off too was the Beale street flippers performed in LA in clips colors when we played there.
When they performed today, Seemed like most everyone knew it and they got some boos.

MrfadeawayJB
05-13-2012, 06:23 PM
Agreed, it seemed like it was called pretty evenly. Still, it was called more like an NFL game than an NBA game. You could argue the refs could've called a foul on almost every possession. But, that's playoff ball, a lot of what is called in the season is ignored in the playoffs. Maybe these NBA refs can work as replacement refs for the NFL, I know they are contemplating replacement refs for the upcoming football season.

:laugh: yes it was very physical out there, but physical play is SUPPOSSED to benefit the Grizz. I'd rather it be physical then touch fouls any day

mzgrizz
05-13-2012, 06:27 PM
Btw my offer to help them with game threads is rescinded after CP3 taunted the crowd at the end with him pretending to cry. They can make their own damn thread or beg the mods to do it for them again. They probably want the glitzy GT anyway!!!

MrfadeawayJB
05-13-2012, 06:29 PM
CP3 can be a little punk sometimes. I swear he would lead the league in techs if it wasnt for his baby face lol

cyclonw
05-13-2012, 07:02 PM
:-(( sad ending for us. hopefully next season starts sooner so i can forget this series. :-(
big decisions to make in the offseason. hopefully we can make it finally next postseason

mzgrizz
05-13-2012, 09:51 PM
Ooooooooooooo Look at this thread title. Had no idea I was going to be prophetic............

MrfadeawayJB
05-13-2012, 10:31 PM
Ooooooooooooo Look at this thread title. Had no idea I was going to be prophetic............

:(