PDA

View Full Version : ECSF G1: Philadelphia 76ers (0-0) @ Boston Celtics (0-0)

Pages : [1] 2

Corey
05-12-2012, 09:41 AM
PROJECTED STARTING LINEUPS: (http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/depth)

http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac102/USGaming/NBA%20Text%20Logos/thceltics.png
http://msn.foxsports.com/fe/images/NBA/Headshots/140x170/4149.jpghttp://msn.foxsports.com/fe/images/NBA/Headshots/140x170/4750.jpghttp://msn.foxsports.com/fe/images/NBA/Headshots/140x170/3253.jpghttp://msn.foxsports.com/fe/images/NBA/Headshots/140x170/3959.jpghttp://msn.foxsports.com/fe/images/NBA/Headshots/140x170/3007.jpg
Rajon Rondo - Avery Bradley - Paul Pierce - Brandon Bass - Kevin Garnett

http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac102/USGaming/NBA%20Text%20Logos/thsixers.png

http://msn.foxsports.com/fe/images/NBA/Headshots/140x170/4622.jpghttp://msn.foxsports.com/fe/images/NBA/Headshots/140x170/4717.jpghttp://msn.foxsports.com/fe/images/NBA/Headshots/140x170/3826.jpghttp://msn.foxsports.com/fe/images/NBA/Headshots/140x170/3324.jpghttp://msn.foxsports.com/fe/images/NBA/Headshots/140x170/4288.jpg

Jrue Holiday - Evan Turner - Andre Iguodala - Elton Brand - Spencer Hawes

Series Schedule
DATE TIME (ET) TV
Sat, May 12 8:00 PM TNT
Mon, May 14 7:00 PM TNT

REGULAR SEASON SERIES

76ers win Series 2-1

Mar 7, 2012 Boston 71 @ Philly 103
Mar 23, 2012 Boston 86 @ Philly 99
Apr 8, 2012 Boston 103 @ Philly 79

PREVIEW

Celtics

Forwards Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett and point guard Rajon Rondo took turns being stars in the series against Atlanta. Pierce was strong early in the series before injuring his left knee, Rondo had a triple-double in Game 3 and Garnett hit the go-ahead basket in the clinching game to cap off a performance in which he had 28 points, 14 rebounds and five blocked shots. Guard Ray Allen has been inconsistent while battling an ankle injury and fellow backcourt mate Avery Bradley (shoulder) also is laboring. Rondo averaged 13.3 points in the three regular-season meetings against Philadelphia.
76ers

Philadelphia had lost five consecutive playoff series before toppling the Bulls. Guard Andre Iguodala hit two free throws with 2.2 seconds left in Thursday’s series-clinching 79-78 victory. The 76ers won the finale despite being outrebounded 56-33 and will need to perform better in that area to upset the Celtics. Center Spencer Hawes averaged 15.5 points and 10.3 rebounds over the last four games of the Chicago series while point guard Jure Holiday averaged a team-best 18.2 points against the Bulls. Top reserve Lou Williams finished second in NBA Sixth Man of the Year alloting announced Thursday. .

Corey
05-12-2012, 09:42 AM
Credit to avrpatsfan in the Celtics forum for throwing this together.

dbramforskins21
05-12-2012, 09:50 AM
Yall'd think that when we win I'd be happy but you know its hard to be happy when you shoot like 40% as a team and not make it out of the first round....Wait, we did that and still made it out of the first round.

Do you not watch the same games as I do? OF COURSE if the Bulls had Noah and Rose this would all be different but thats not how it happened. We played like **** almost every game in that series and still won. We play team basketball, something most NBA teams dont know anything about. We won our first round series on a coast to coast rebound off two missed freethrows to seal the game that lead to a foul and GW FT's. I cant say I have been happy with this team since the beginning off the year really. But all there is to say is that Philly is still here, Chicagos not, and IMO We are better than Boston...but of course we "more likely to gimmick out a series victory than they are to win it based on the merits." Come on man. SMFH

justinnum1
05-12-2012, 09:51 AM
I hope this series goes 7

Swashcuff
05-12-2012, 09:53 AM

You are not alone with Philly coming away with the 7th game of course.

Dade County
05-12-2012, 10:28 AM
I don't know how I feel about this series...

I guess it comes down to Rondo and boston health.

Corey
05-12-2012, 10:31 AM
Yall'd think that when we win I'd be happy but you know its hard to be happy when you shoot like 40% as a team and not make it out of the first round....Wait, we did that and still made it out of the first round.

Do you not watch the same games as I do? OF COURSE if the Bulls had Noah and Rose this would all be different but thats not how it happened. We played like **** almost every game in that series and still won. We play team basketball, something most NBA teams dont know anything about. We won our first round series on a coast to coast rebound off two missed freethrows to seal the game that lead to a foul and GW FT's. I cant say I have been happy with this team since the beginning off the year really. But all there is to say is that Philly is still here, Chicagos not, and IMO We are better than Boston...but of course we "more likely to gimmick out a series victory than they are to win it based on the merits." Come on man. SMFH
Chillllllll

Corey
05-12-2012, 10:33 AM
I don't know how I feel about this series...

I guess it comes down to Rondo and boston health.
Health is definitely the biggest factor for me.

Pierce's knee, Allen's ankles, Avery's shoulder and KG's age.

Can Pierce come back and play aggressively, or will he be hobbled? Will Ray have the lift on his jumper that he needs to be successful? Will Avery's bum shoulder continue to hinder his offensive ability? Can KG sustain such a high level of play at his age?

Should be interesting to see how it pans out.

xnick5757
05-12-2012, 10:39 AM
Health is definitely the biggest factor for me.

Pierce's knee, Allen's ankles, Avery's shoulder and KG's age.

Can Pierce come back and play aggressively, or will he be hobbled? Will Ray have the lift on his jumper that he needs to be successful? Will Avery's bum shoulder continue to hinder his offensive ability? Can KG sustain such a high level of play at his age?

Should be interesting to see how it pans out.

don't worry, we have no pass bass on our side

cbreezy34
05-12-2012, 10:47 AM
Keep disrepcting the Sixers.... we whooped the celtics 2 out of 3 this year. This will be a series... the Sixers have much better depth... the Celtics are obvisouly more proven and have a little better D and O. Should be a good one.

Baller1
05-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Boston by double digits tonight.

Is Ray Ray still out??

2-ONE-5
05-12-2012, 11:32 AM
Boston will not win by double digits in any game

dbramforskins21
05-12-2012, 11:44 AM
Chillllllll

I'm chill, just stating reasons to why I think we will end up winning. No real reason to argue or anything. Just you know my name for after this series if you really wanna discuss.. Win or Lose.

Corey
05-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Boston by double digits tonight.

Is Ray Ray still out??
No, he played in the last few games of the ATL series..

Baller1
05-12-2012, 11:50 AM
No, he played in the last few games of the ATL series..

That's what I thought, so he's just not starting?

Super.
05-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Keep disrepcting the Sixers.... we whooped the celtics 2 out of 3 this year. This will be a series... the Sixers have much better depth... the Celtics are obvisouly more proven and have a little better D and O. Should be a good one.

During the Celtics stretch of awfulness catching them on the back end of back to backs.

I'm really not worried

HoV305
05-12-2012, 11:55 AM
comes down to health...i think boston has the upper hand due to their veterans and they have a hell of a coach....as far as the sixers they have heart and youth....possibly can go all the way to a game 7.....which as a heat fan im hoping it does!!

Iron24th
05-12-2012, 12:01 PM
I would be surprised to see boston lose.

sixer04fan
05-12-2012, 12:05 PM
Haha wtf is up with the Sixers preview? That is the most absurdly biased and disrespectful preview I've ever read.

This game thread is a joke. Why are you giving props to anyone for making it? It sounds like a jealous teenage girl wrote the whole thing up.

Is this a game preview or a bait thread? Seriously. Because you obviously failed miserably in giving any kind of real preview to the series, but succeeded in baiting. Good job.

dbramforskins21
05-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Haha wtf is up with the Sixers preview? That is the most absurdly biased and disrespectful preview I've ever read.

This game thread is a joke. Why are you giving props to anyone for making it? It sounds like a jealous teenage girl wrote the whole thing up.

x10000000

MTL_123
05-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Philly is 7 i dnt see boston stopping philly from running

The Ooh Child
05-12-2012, 12:11 PM
yeah, I thought that was a BS preview too. we definitely have to be considered the underdogs, but we have enough talent to make this competitive series. They make it sound like unless Rondo falls down a set of stairs and breaks his leg that we're an easy sweep

KingOf215
05-12-2012, 12:11 PM
At one time, the best rivalry in the NBA. I hope this series somehow becomes personal, and adds to the hatred.

Beat Beantown.

iam brett favre
05-12-2012, 12:29 PM
This game thread sucks. While I agree it should be an easy win for Boston, come on now.

Donuts365
05-12-2012, 12:30 PM

you will need it to

Donuts365
05-12-2012, 12:32 PM
yeah, I thought that was a BS preview too. we definitely have to be considered the underdogs, but we have enough talent to make this competitive series. They make it sound like unless Rondo falls down a set of stairs and breaks his leg that we're an easy sweep

or if andre fall down.............. forget it

Blitzbolt
05-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Bad preview and because of it I'm rooting for Philly now I hate biased fans.

~Iggy~
05-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Tough series to predict, but Boston should be able to take both home games to start. If Philadelphia takes this one or the next it could turn out into a long series.

SeoulBeatz
05-12-2012, 12:38 PM
Sixers won the season series 2-1

103-71
87-74
79-103

It'll be a closer matchup than people anticipate.

Redskins10
05-12-2012, 12:40 PM
That preview was complete disrespect haha.

SeoulBeatz
05-12-2012, 12:40 PM
and i agree with the posters above, that gamethread is some horse****.

PhillySportFan
05-12-2012, 12:42 PM
Really stop disrespecting the Sixers. I'm not saying were the best but really only chance of victory is if celtics flame out? lol

Ezio
05-12-2012, 12:48 PM
You guys do know Corey got it from the Celtics forum.

SeoulBeatz
05-12-2012, 12:58 PM
You guys do know Corey got it from the Celtics forum.

clearly

papirico52
05-12-2012, 12:59 PM
^^ He is from the Celts forum.

Davidgta1
05-12-2012, 01:11 PM
This is probably gonna go 7 games an be a great battle between to very good point guards.

Davidgta1
05-12-2012, 01:17 PM
Really stop disrespecting the Sixers. I'm not saying were the best but really only chance of victory is if celtics flame out? lol

Sixers win in 7..BOOK IT (skip bayless voice)

gilly
05-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Most biased preview I've ever seen. Close this up and get someone not as biased to write one.

~Iggy~
05-12-2012, 01:31 PM
LOL, didn't even look at the preview write up. That's one intense Celtics-POV right there. haha

Swashcuff
05-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Okay initially I didn't read the preview but now after re-reading WTF. I know Corey didn't write it but he should not have posted that horse****. I agree with sixer04fan that's borderline bait

DaSeba5
05-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Philly has a lot of confidence from the last series, good depth, and they are young while Boston is limping into this series, but they have veteran experience. It should be a great series that goes to 6 or 7.

Ender
05-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Yeah... something about our young, hungry, gutsy, athletically frightening team seems to bring the worst out in opposing fans. First Bulls fans crying over spilt milk, now this condescending, snarky and irretrievably stupid preview from a Celtics forum.

Really, really came in here ready to engage is some serious discussion about the series, but it appears the insufferably smug Bah-ston fan base will make that impossible.

76ers in 5.

justinnum1
05-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Preview is a joke

PAOboston
05-12-2012, 03:20 PM
the philly preview is a kind of a joke but honestly people, just post your thoughts/matchups/analysis on why philly might succeed instead of *****ing about it. no need to ***** about the preview for 2 pages of the thread. instead of just saying, "preview is a joke" at least give an argument of why it is lol.

as for the series itself, it'll be a tough series. philly has a lot of young, athletic players that may give the c's fits. key for them is transition basketball and pushing the tempo. if they are able to run, they'll give the c's a hell of series, that's for sure.

if the c's defense succeeds and turns the game into a half court offense type game, i fully expect the c's to win playing that style. i also think boston's experience will play a key role going down the stretch in these games. major concern for the c's is the health of pierce/allen/bradley. they cant afford to have allen ineffective like he was the past game agaisnt the hawks. i dont think kg will average 28 and 14 every game.

all that being said, i think boston takes it in six. both teams havent shot it well, but i think the c's defense will be able to clamp down and force the sixers to a lot of outside shots and keep them off the break. rondo will have to have a big series to pick up the rest of the injured c's.

PacersForLife
05-12-2012, 04:03 PM
This is a hard series to predict, I think Philly wins in 7...

Ender
05-12-2012, 04:03 PM
the philly preview is a kind of a joke but honestly people, just post your thoughts/matchups/analysis on why philly might succeed instead of *****ing about it. no need to ***** about the preview for 2 pages of the thread. instead of just saying, "preview is a joke" at least give an argument of why it is lol.

as for the series itself, it'll be a tough series. philly has a lot of young, athletic players that may give the c's fits. key for them is transition basketball and pushing the tempo. if they are able to run, they'll give the c's a hell of series, that's for sure.

if the c's defense succeeds and turns the game into a half court offense type game, i fully expect the c's to win playing that style. i also think boston's experience will play a key role going down the stretch in these games. major concern for the c's is the health of pierce/allen/bradley. they cant afford to have allen ineffective like he was the past game agaisnt the hawks. i dont think kg will average 28 and 14 every game.

all that being said, i think boston takes it in six. both teams havent shot it well, but i think the c's defense will be able to clamp down and force the sixers to a lot of outside shots and keep them off the break. rondo will have to have a big series to pick up the rest of the injured c's.

Well thought out, nicely worded, perfectly lucid, and completely invalid.

In the NBA forum preview of 2nd round playoff series any bias in Post #1 renders all that follows moot. Fruit from the poison tree and all that.

Posting of such "analysis" is a blatant attempt to bait 76ers fans and disrespect the fan base and will be treated as such by any self-respecting 76ers fan until such a time as it is edited or removed.

That said, I don't see how the older Celtics win 8 of a potential 15 games against two very young, athletic teams built to run. It is certainly possible they muster their will and marshal their forces and rely on their gritty experience to overcome their inferior athleticism, I just don't see it happening.

76ers in 5 close games.

PacersForLife
05-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Most biased preview I've ever seen. Close this up and get someone not as biased to write one.

You have an odd array of favorite teams lol.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Why are people putting so much stock into the season series when both teams have completely changed from their first two match ups(when the 76ers were the division leaders and when the Celtics were lottery bound)?

Corey
05-12-2012, 05:28 PM
Quit complaining about the game thread.

A forum member took time out of his day to put together a thread, which is a whole lot more than any of you were willing to do. Get over yourselves.

Ender
05-12-2012, 05:36 PM

A forum member took time out of his day to put together a thread, which is a whole lot more than any of you were willing to do. Get over yourselves.

Ok. I see. Because a Mod put it up it is immune to criticism. Innoculated against those of us stupid enough to be offended, because it's not really offensive, see, cuz a Mod put it up.

I suggest you are the one in need of getting over. It's a chicken **** move. You know it, I know it, everyone reading this thread knows it. But since you seem incapable of a simple, "Sorry guys, I'll take it down," we must now be insulted for being insulted at your insult, and something that could have been fixed in about 5 seconds will now poison the entire thread.

Bravo.

Blitzbolt
05-12-2012, 05:41 PM

No one ask you to do it if your gonna do it wrong don't do it at all.

Corey
05-12-2012, 05:42 PM
There is a difference between criticism and endless *****ing

pd7631
05-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Suck my beanstalk Beantown!

Let's Go Sixers!!

Corey
05-12-2012, 05:46 PM

No one ask you to do it if your gonna do it wrong don't do it at all.
That isn't a sentence.

Since you are so adept in the art of complaining, I'll assume youre capable of making game threads too. Feel free to make a gamethread template before the next game, and I'll put the thread up for you.

Blitzbolt
05-12-2012, 05:48 PM
I for one don't know anything about either team the preview just makes it harder for me.

pd7631
05-12-2012, 05:51 PM
I for one don't know anything about either team the preview just makes it harder for me.

Your sig is priceless.

popo85
05-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Pull the upset Illydelphia

Blitzbolt
05-12-2012, 05:54 PM
New preview no much better!!

theLgndKllr35
05-12-2012, 05:59 PM
I'm guessing the preview changed because if people are getting upset over the outrebounded comment on Philly's side, then I'm seriously questioning some people's judgment. Seems fine.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just read the writeup in the Boston forum. That's straight bulletin board material. :laugh:

xxplayerxx23
05-12-2012, 06:00 PM
Celtics in 5 or 6 IMO, Most close games

Lil Rhody
05-12-2012, 06:19 PM
Philly fans watch out doc rivers is tapping your D calls.

dbramforskins21
05-12-2012, 07:04 PM
If we come out on d, with some fire and intensity and get steals to start fast breaks..no way boston runs with us. Ray is not 100%, Pierce with have to deal with Iggy guarding him, and I just have a feeling that Evan Turner and Holiday break out in this series and show what they are both capable of. Hopefully we all can have realistic discussions on the series and not ******** crap talking. Win or lose, great series. I see us ending it in 5 or 6.

bholly
05-12-2012, 07:05 PM

Actually Sixer04fan, the first to really complain about it, puts together sick game threads for the Sixers forum which, based on my own experience doing it, take more time and effort than three sentences of ******** about how bad the other team is. Given how little the supposed Sixers forum mods actually come into the Sixers forum, it doesn't surprise me that you don't know that.
I like you, and you generally seem to do a good job, but they had a really really legitimate complaint - coming back at them like that is pretty weak.
I'm going to stick to the Sixers forum for this series.

bholly
05-12-2012, 07:05 PM
Sixers in 6.

dbramforskins21
05-12-2012, 07:09 PM
Actually Sixer04fan, the first to really complain about it, puts together sick game threads for the Sixers forum which, based on my own experience doing it, take more time and effort than three sentences of ******** about how bad the other team is. Given how little the supposed Sixers forum mods actually come into the Sixers forum, it doesn't surprise me that you don't know that.
I like you, and you generally seem to do a good job, but they had a really really legitimate complaint - coming back at them like that is pretty weak.
I'm going to stick to the Sixers forum for this series.

We normally have pretty good game threads in the 76ers forum.

John Walls Era
05-12-2012, 07:20 PM
The Sixers will win this series if they get some help, either in the form of an injury to a key member of the Celtics starting lineup, some late-game luck like they enjoyed during Game 6 against the Bulls, or a meltdown from one of Boston's volatile stars (Garnett and Rondo). The Sixers are more likely to gimmick out a series victory than they are to win it based on the merits.

LOL Put this back up!

Corey
05-12-2012, 07:58 PM
Scalabrine doing pre-game analysis for Boston on Comcast NE :clap:

SouthSideRookie
05-12-2012, 08:01 PM
LOL Put this back up!

This is how I honestly see this series, it could get ugly. As an NBA fan I hope im wrong though.

Corey
05-12-2012, 08:04 PM
Excellent start for Philly

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-12-2012, 08:05 PM
Did tip off happen before 8? I took a **** and came back and we're already 2 minutes in.

RonE Coleman
05-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Celtics shouldn't even be in this game... there should be a game 7 Hawks Celtics right now but the refs decided they didn't want that

dbramforskins21
Turners got like 6 boards already LOL.

Rivera
avery bradley should not be handling the ball ever. he may have the worst handle for a small guard in the NBA

dbramforskins21
Great play Iggy.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
Celtics shouldn't even be in this game... there should be a game 7 Hawks Celtics right now but the refs decided they didn't want that

Same can be said about Philly....

Rivera
05-12-2012, 08:10 PM
jrueee

Rivera
05-12-2012, 08:11 PM
philly came out strong i expected that now its time for boston to counter

dbramforskins21
05-12-2012, 08:11 PM

How?

RonE Coleman
05-12-2012, 08:12 PM

Thats a fair point... as long as you know the refs blew the call that would of given the Hawks 2 shots and ball again.

RonE Coleman
05-12-2012, 08:13 PM
And the reffing in Celtics/Hawks was much worse though

justinnum1
05-12-2012, 08:15 PM
philly coming out strong

Swashcuff
05-12-2012, 08:29 PM
Solid first quarter

Ender
05-12-2012, 08:29 PM
Why should the Sixers be in a game 7?

Redskins10
05-12-2012, 08:31 PM
If Philly wins tonight, they win the series.

Swashcuff
05-12-2012, 08:33 PM
We need to keep winning the rebounding edge throughout the series

Corey
05-12-2012, 08:34 PM
We need to keep winning the rebounding edge throughout the series

Shouldnt be too difficult as long as they have a pulse.

The Celtics royally suck at rebounding.

RonE Coleman
05-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Im in a predicament here... I hate Boston because I'm a Knick fan but I feel Boston creates a ton of problems for the Heat more then Philly does and I would love to see the Heat lose so I'm not sure who I would rather see win this series since I don't mind Philly winning it, they seem to have a lot of good character guys and no scumbags like Garnett on there team.

Ender
05-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Shouldnt be too difficult as long as they have a pulse.

The Celtics royally suck at rebounding.

Sixers Game 6 vs. Bulls perhaps the worst rebounding performance in the history of the NBA. Truly atrocious.

Swashcuff
05-12-2012, 08:40 PM
Thad jus looked like a PG blowing past KG on that one.

RonE Coleman
05-12-2012, 08:41 PM
Sixers Game 6 vs. Bulls perhaps the worst rebounding performance in the history of the NBA. Truly atrocious.

56-33 and they still won... thats crazy!

Rivera
thats not good with thad young going to the locker room

Swashcuff
Nooooo we need Thad

Rivera
ray ray for 3333333333333333

theLgndKllr35
05-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Im in a predicament here... I hate Boston because I'm a Knick fan but I feel Boston creates a ton of problems for the Heat more then Philly does and I would love to see the Heat lose so I'm not sure who I would rather see win this series since I don't mind Philly winning it, they seem to have a lot of good character guys and no scumbags like Garnett on there team.

Regardless of what happened in the regular season. I think if you see Philadelphia against Miami in the playoffs, you'll see a much better matchup than the previous encounters.

ManRam
KG carrying the team. Only Celtic starter to make a FG so far.

Love that 76ers defense. Impressive so far.

Rivera
here comes the Celtics!

Corey
05-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Turner is going ham the last few possessions

Swashcuff
05-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Turner is going ham the last few possessions

People called him a bust he's going to continue to prove them wrong

jammastershake
Why the hell did TNT cut away from Brand's first FT to to a lakers/nuggets promo?

Swashcuff
Iggy has been putting on a better display of passing thus far than Rondo in this one

TrueFan420
i really wanna see philly advance gotta love an underdog story and that d

MTL_123
05-12-2012, 08:50 PM
boston cant stop philly from running

theLgndKllr35
05-12-2012, 08:51 PM
Turner has a ton of swag right now.

justinnum1
keep running philly, just keep running

Mr. Baller
I figured this would be a tough matchup for Boston. Philly gonna just run and run.

Punk
05-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Philly could very well win this series

Swashcuff
Thad's back on the floor.... :phew:

justinnum1

yep.

Punk
05-12-2012, 08:57 PM
I hate Philly now, we could have been facing this dead Celtics team right now and probably up by 20+ already.

MTL_123
05-12-2012, 08:58 PM
come on philly

RonE Coleman
Regardless of what happened in the regular season. I think if you see Philadelphia against Miami in the playoffs, you'll see a much better matchup than the previous encounters.

No I know, Im not even referring to the regular season I just mean match up wise. Rondo abuses the Heat and exploits them in ways no one on Philly knows how to. Its not a knock on them but Jrue or Lou W are no where near the caliber of player Rondo is. Avery matches up with Wade and KG matches up with Bosh. The Sixers just don't match up well with the Heat they play good team defense but outside of Iggy theres no true defensive stopper.

Im not bashing Philly at all I'm just giving my unbiased opinion. Although I do feel no one is beating the Spurs or Thunder.... whoever comes out the West is winning it all IMO.

MTL_123
I hate Philly now, we could have been facing this dead Celtics team right now and probably up by 20+ already.

lol

Fnom11
05-12-2012, 08:59 PM
It's going to be really funny if the 76ers will this series. People have overrated the Celtics way too high this season.

MTL_123
05-12-2012, 09:01 PM
damn philly didnt close that Q good

B'sCeltsPatsSox
Great momentum heading into the second half:clap:

RonE Coleman
It's going to be really funny if the 76ers will this series. People have overrated the Celtics way too high this season.

Playoffs are about match ups... No one thinks the Celtics are the better team then the Heat but they do match up GREAT against the Heat

NYMetros
05-12-2012, 09:04 PM

Great insight here.

justinnum1
05-12-2012, 09:04 PM
philly needs to keep running and force boston into hard shots.

Cant let boston go on runs.

RonE Coleman
05-12-2012, 09:05 PM
Great insight here.

Lmao you have a Celtics avatar.. a NYMetros name and a Andrew Mccutchen sig..... You sir are one confused man :facepalm:

Rivera
05-12-2012, 09:06 PM
for boston to only be down 5 points is a HUGE win for boston....if you just watched that game with no score you would think philly is up 12+

SeoulBeatz
05-12-2012, 09:07 PM
hate how my Sixers can never close out quarters!

dbramforskins21
05-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Playoffs are about match ups... No one thinks the Celtics are the better team then the Heat but they do match up GREAT against the Heat

I don't think "great" is the word for how they match up vs the Heat...

justinnum1
05-12-2012, 09:12 PM
hate how my Sixers can never close out quarters!

They closed out game 6 vs the bulls

MTL_123
05-12-2012, 09:14 PM
They closed out game 6 vs the bulls

lol

John Walls Era
05-12-2012, 09:16 PM
:phew: Not only did they get back to single digits, its actually close

theLgndKllr35
05-12-2012, 09:18 PM
No I know, Im not even referring to the regular season I just mean match up wise. Rondo abuses the Heat and exploits them in ways no one on Philly knows how to. Its not a knock on them but Jrue or Lou W are no where near the caliber of player Rondo is. Avery matches up with Wade and KG matches up with Bosh. The Sixers just don't match up well with the Heat they play good team defense but outside of Iggy theres no true defensive stopper.

Im not bashing Philly at all I'm just giving my unbiased opinion. Although I do feel no one is beating the Spurs or Thunder.... whoever comes out the West is winning it all IMO.

Turner and Holiday both play very good defense and match up better than most would in this series when thrown against Wade. It's Bosh and in turn Lebron that give the Sixers the most problems because of their size and athleticism. Brand is too slow and Young is too small. The Sixers are a premium big away from being a dangerous team.

Redskins10
05-12-2012, 09:22 PM
How the hell did Garnett get so good again? He's playing like the KG21 we all adore and miss.

Rivera
05-12-2012, 09:24 PM
beautiful layup by bradley celtics take there first lead

justinnum1
kg looks so good

theLgndKllr35
Celtics out Sixering the Sixers right now.

More-Than-Most
Bah if we do not have a 7-10 point lead entering the 4th we are done...Its that simple...This is why we will not be a serious contender because when we go cold we go really cold and do not have a james/kobe/Melo to get us that big shot to get us out of it.

Weezy
05-12-2012, 09:25 PM
How the hell did Garnett get so good again? He's playing like the KG21 we all adore and miss.

I think all of us are shocked right now.

Weezy
05-12-2012, 09:26 PM
I hate the Celtics but that commercial is awesome.

Rivera
05-12-2012, 09:28 PM
KG is absolutley unreal

NewEraFt.ET12
05-12-2012, 09:28 PM
damn KG is hitting everything and playing D

NewEraFt.ET12
05-12-2012, 09:29 PM
Put thad on KG

More-Than-Most
KG is on something...Please test his blood

More-Than-Most
stop letting iggy shoot...jesus christ its not that hard

More-Than-Most
05-12-2012, 09:30 PM
holy **** he missed lol

More-Than-Most
05-12-2012, 09:31 PM
come on ET... we need your beast mode

Rivera
05-12-2012, 09:32 PM
and now the sixers on an 8-0 run i can imagine all game are gonna be like this

Corey
05-12-2012, 09:34 PM
People called him a bust he's going to continue to prove them wrong

I was one of the few that said I would have picked him #1 overall.

Ate my words a bit last year, but he's coming around.

Swashcuff
05-12-2012, 09:34 PM
This has truly been a game of runs

theheatles
05-12-2012, 09:35 PM
KG is on something...Please test his blood

this

Corey
05-12-2012, 09:36 PM
Awesome upfake by Bass

Corey
05-12-2012, 09:37 PM
Hawes and Stiemsma matched up on each other looks hilariously awkward.

More-Than-Most
05-12-2012, 09:37 PM
nice keep running and playing hard defense

JC_
05-12-2012, 09:38 PM
It'll be crazy if the 76ers can hold on and win this.

More-Than-Most
05-12-2012, 09:39 PM
why cant iggy learn how to go to the line like PP

Swashcuff
05-12-2012, 09:40 PM
Evan playing really well a double double already

Swashcuff
05-12-2012, 09:41 PM
why cant iggy learn how to go to the line like PP

For the same reason PP can't play D like Iggy. Each player has their strengths and weaknesses that's just things are.

Dade County
05-12-2012, 09:43 PM
pierce just did that crazy nerve twitch thing

More-Than-Most
05-12-2012, 09:44 PM
how is that not on KG?

Wade>You
05-12-2012, 09:44 PM
That's a double foul on KG and Turner, IMO.

More-Than-Most
05-12-2012, 09:45 PM
how the **** is that a foul on turner and not KG?

JC_
how is that not on KG?

No idea

More-Than-Most
I hate the nba officiating as a whole

More-Than-Most
that is a huge 2 points...what a crock of ****

X12Celtics3
05-12-2012, 09:46 PM
Should have been a double foul. Garnett made the initial foul, but he also got pushed at the end.

Baller1
05-12-2012, 09:48 PM
What a play by Rondo.

More-Than-Most
terribe defense right there

Rivera
rajon rondoooooo hes about to ball out this fourth quarter watch its been a good game to watch so far

Corey
Looks to be a good fourth quarter coming up.

Swashcuff
Jrue time now

pd7631
05-12-2012, 09:51 PM
Jrue's shooting % the last 4 games has been atrocious. At the very least, he needs to knock down those wide open 3's he's been getting.

justinnum1
05-12-2012, 09:52 PM
good game

Rivera
05-12-2012, 09:52 PM
who is this lavoy allen guy?

More-Than-Most
05-12-2012, 09:53 PM
please go up by 20 to make me feel more comfortable lol

pd7631
05-12-2012, 09:54 PM
I think the Sixers have the better Allen.

pd7631
05-12-2012, 09:54 PM
who is this lavoy allen guy?

Worst player in the NBA according to ESPN.

More-Than-Most
05-12-2012, 09:55 PM
i hate these refs...How was iggy not fouled? **** them

justinnum1
05-12-2012, 09:57 PM
really?

theheatles
05-12-2012, 09:58 PM
lol kg has a rant about a hawks owner calling him the dirtiest player in the league and in this game 1 kg is playing like the dirtiest player in the league

More-Than-Most
yup and now we are jacking up 3s :pity:

Rivera
i hate these refs...How was iggy not fouled? **** them

kg said get that ish outta here iggy that was a clean block. get tough!

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-12-2012, 10:02 PM
Ugh, all of our three's are going in and out.

JC_
05-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Philly needs to keep their composure. If the Celtics are within 5 points in the last 2 min you can expect them to tie it up.

More-Than-Most
05-12-2012, 10:03 PM
can we ****ing stop that guy

Holydiver
05-12-2012, 10:04 PM
maybe the sixers aren't pathetic as I thought last week.

I thought the bulls lost to one of the worst playoff teams of all times

Swashcuff
05-12-2012, 10:05 PM

Face palm worthy right here

Corey
Avery >>>

JC_

lol me too. I didn't really watch after Rose went down though.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-12-2012, 10:06 PM
Rondo needs 3 more points for the triple double.

Swashcuff
05-12-2012, 10:06 PM
We NEEEEEDDDDD Jrue to start converting on those open jumpers

theLgndKllr35
05-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Ugh, all of our three's are going in and out.

So...1.5?

More-Than-Most
05-12-2012, 10:08 PM
sixers are in trouble...3 point lead with 6 minutes left is not a good situation for our team when you factor in the celts D and our O

More-Than-Most
05-12-2012, 10:08 PM
I cant wait until iggy is gone

Bulls_fan90
05-12-2012, 10:09 PM
Face palm worthy right here

Philly will get swept by Boston.

More-Than-Most
i swear I am counting down the days

B'sCeltsPatsSox
So...1.5?

Sure why not:shrug:

Baller1
God damn Rondo is such a good basketball player.

More-Than-Most
lol just give them the points

More-Than-Most
05-12-2012, 10:10 PM
lol watching hawes run

Baller1
Rondo making play after play.

Corey
Hawes running the break!

justinnum1
hawes!!!!

Rain City
i do love this celtic lineup!

B'sCeltsPatsSox
WTH did I just watch on that C's possession?:laugh2:

theheatles
hawes and kg are on horse steroids

More-Than-Most
this screams bad

Baller1
Boston is gonna win this.

Rivera
rondoooooooooooooooooooo

More-Than-Most
05-12-2012, 10:11 PM
yup...happens when you have the worst offense ever

Corey
Quietest trip/dub of all time?

Baller1
There's that trip dub.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
I see you Rondo:)

NolanVE
Rondo hitting them jumpers.

Punk
Hey, Philly fans....I feel you're pain. We see this 4 times a year.

Rain City
theres just nobody like rondo smh

Rivera
rajon rondo is a beasttttttt triple double for rondoooo!!!!!!

and the celtics are up :dance2:

Weezy
05-12-2012, 10:12 PM
What if Celtics traded Rondo? lol

More-Than-Most
knew this would happen

D-Leethal
Rondo is such a beast.

Bulls_fan90
Not easy to play against a good PG is it Philly??

Rivera
05-12-2012, 10:13 PM
spencer hawes is so clutch

Wade>You
Spencer Hawes gets the game ball if Philly wins.

Corey
Averyyyyyyyyyyyy

More-Than-Most
lol no call..of course

Rivera
avery bradleys D :drool:

KGGGGG and 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More-Than-Most
love the crap officiating

B'sCeltsPatsSox
Bradley:drool:

KG:nod:

Punk
I like how KG gets no techs for trash talking but everyone else does

otwisted
05-12-2012, 10:14 PM
One of the sloppiest games i've seen in a long time.

bigsams50
KG is a beast

NYMetros
Avery is simply the man

Rain City
that is why avery is a future DPOY!!!

Swashcuff
05-12-2012, 10:15 PM
How could Lou look Bradley in the face and just gift him that block.... Did he thinknhe'd just let him score sigh

JC_
Philly needs this game. I don't see them having such a winnable game again in Boston.

justinnum1
that should do it

Punk

Like I said, I feel you're pain.

Rain City
Bradley:drool:

KG:nod:

:clap::clap:

Hustlenomics
What if Celtics traded Rondo? lol

they'd be stupid to

Bulls_fan90
that is why avery is a future DPOY!!!

He's the real deal! Where do Boston fans feel his natural position is PG or SG?

Rivera
05-12-2012, 10:16 PM

your the only one complaining about the officiating its been a well officiated game throughout stop whining and looking for excuses !

Corey
lol no call..of course

You're right, they should call a foul on a clean block.

Corey

Definitely SG at this point. He's a capable ballhandler, but he cant run an offense.

JC_
05-12-2012, 10:17 PM

Did u see a replay?

Weezy
they'd be stupid to

Oh I agree....and I never understood why it was even a question.

Rivera

SG his handle and vision is to poor to be a PG....theres a reason hes flourishing

Rain City

SG no question and no you cant have him :)

More-Than-Most
that should do it

jammastershake
05-12-2012, 10:18 PM
Back 2 back **** plays by williams.

theLgndKllr35
This is where Collins needs to step up and coach. Evan Turner needs the ball right now, not Lou Williams.

justinnum1
philly deserves to lose

Corey
Did u see a replay?

Yes, your point is..?

Sportfan
garnett!!!!!! unstoppable!

Baller1
Rondo just doing everything right.

B'sCeltsPatsSox

SG. He played so much better this season at SG than PG.

More-Than-Most

did they show some kind of replay that gave you this ? Because there was no clear replay so calm that down

Corey
Strong shot selection, Lou.