PDA

View Full Version : I dont get why Durant did not win MVP? please explain

MetroMan
05-11-2012, 09:25 PM
Durant was first in scoring. grabbed more rebs a game. had about 4 less assists per game. he also had a better team record. I know durant has westbrook but hasnt there been countless get rid of westbrook threads? westbrook is no were near as good as wade. no way. d wade always locks down westybrook.

lebron only had more assists.was 3rd in scoring. he also has arguably the best SG in the NBA. He has battier a really good defender and 3 point shooter, and miller another excellent 3 point shooter. dont forget about bosh who gets you 18 and 8.

JordansBulls
05-11-2012, 09:27 PM
stats

asandhu23
05-11-2012, 09:30 PM
LeBron is league's poster boy.

roshan3ai
05-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Because he didn't get as many votes as LeBron..

ManRam
05-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Better offensive season. Better defensive season (by far). Team won one less game...but let's not act like Durant doesn't have a great cast too. Top 3 PG. 6MOTY. Two great interior defenders. You mentioned Battier...Thabo's a better defender.

He was having a historic season for a bulk of the season. Was on pace to break the ALL TIME PER and WS/48 records. That's huge. He was just better.

Sure, basic counting stats, especially scoring, favor Durant...but we all know there is so much more to that. LeBron is a much better play maker, more efficient and a top 3 defender in the league.

Can't be too upset when the best player in the NBA, who had the best individual season in the NBA, wins the MVP award...can you?

NYtilIdie
05-11-2012, 09:35 PM
Maybe, just maybe and I may be crazy, but maybe its because Lebron was the better player.....crazy s**t I know!

MetroMan
05-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Better offensive season. Better defensive season (by far). Team won one less game...but let's not act like Durant doesn't have a great cast too. Top 3 PG. 6MOTY. Two great interior defenders. You mentioned Battier...Thabo's a better defender.

He was having a historic season for a bulk of the season. Was on pace to break the ALL TIME PER and WS/48 records. That's huge. He was just better.

Sure, basic counting stats, especially scoring, favor Durant...but we all know there is so much more to that. LeBron is a much better play maker, more efficient and a top 3 defender in the league.

Can't be too upset when the best player in the NBA, who had the best individual season in the NBA, wins the MVP award...can you?

So why does kobe only have 1?

naps
05-11-2012, 09:39 PM

I think the OP is mad why LeBron got it, why not anyone else. He's just using Durant's name to gather more haters on his thread. I am sure he would love to replace Durant's name with Kobe if Kobe actually had a case. Get over it. ManRam just owned you.

ManRam
05-11-2012, 09:40 PM

Because he only had the best season in the NBA once...maybe twice...maybe even never. Some of his best individual seasons were wasted with bad teams too....LeBron isn't on a bad team.

I've seen people argue with a ton of logical proof that Kobe didn't even deserve a single MVP...let alone one. Too much competition. He never deserved it when he was playing with Shaq. Duncan won two (deserving). KG won one (deserving). Nash won 2 (iffy...but Kobe wasn't the guy getting robbed). Dirk's was deserved...and then Lebron entered scene.

Rivera
basically because of this (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=jamesle01&y1=2012&p2=duranke01&y2=2012)

naps

There you go. I called it.

NYtilIdie

In all honesty, he shouldn't have any.

b@llhog24
05-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Durant was first in scoring. grabbed more rebs a game. had about 4 less assists per game. he also had a better team record. I know durant has westbrook but hasnt there been countless get rid of westbrook threads? westbrook is no were near as good as wade. no way. d wade always locks down westybrook.

lebron only had more assists.was 3rd in scoring. he also has arguably the best SG in the NBA. He has battier a really good defender and 3 point shooter, and miller another excellent 3 point shooter. dont forget about bosh who gets you 18 and 8.

Lmao there is no argument. :laugh2:

ManRam
05-11-2012, 09:42 PM
Lmao there is no arguement. :laugh2:

Haha. How did I mess that gem?

That's a joke...and the OP knows that. I hope.

The Flash
05-11-2012, 09:43 PM
There you go. I called it.

lol

b@llhog24
05-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Haha. How did I mess that gem?

That's a joke...and the OP knows that. I hope.

Lol do you see his avatar? I doubt it.

Avenged
05-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Both were deserving.. Lets not act like Durant was clear cut and he got robbed.

JabberJaw
05-11-2012, 09:48 PM
Because he's not named Lebron James. Kobe and Shaq have only one, yet James has 3. People act like he is supposed to win it. He's the poster boy of the league. You can't really argue with it, since Lebron had a monster year. The tie goes to Lebron.

llemon
05-11-2012, 09:48 PM

Look at the big picture, then think harder.

bucketss
05-11-2012, 09:49 PM

you're right cp3 should have tooken it that year

ManRam
05-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Because he's not named Lebron James. Kobe and Shaq have only one, yet James has 3. People act like he is supposed to win it. He's the poster boy of the league. You can't really argue with it, since Lebron had a monster year. The tie goes to Lebron.

For fun...tell me what year Kobe deserved to win another MVP.

I'll be waiting...because I'm pretty certain whatever year you'll say I'll easily be able to prove you wrong.

b@llhog24
05-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Because he didn't get as many votes as LeBron..

Lol win.

llemon
05-11-2012, 09:52 PM
you're right cp3 should have tooken it that year

No, Taj Gibson should have been MVP.

justinnum1
05-11-2012, 09:52 PM
lmao

JabberJaw
05-11-2012, 09:55 PM

He's never been coddled and adored like "the king". Lebron is a beast, but has been treated as if he is owed everything. Not arguing with the MVP because he clearly deserved it. It was a 2 man race. But anyone with a brain knows that Lebron has been given all the accolades before even getting a chance to earn them. It all explains his sense of entitlement. He's a great player though, so I won't even try to explain otherwise.
I believe both Kobe and Shaq should have at least 2, a piece, but they both have had so many haters. It's ok. Congrats to Lebron. Maybe he will finally win that title so he can earn the title of king

ManRam
05-11-2012, 09:58 PM
He's never been coddled and adored like "the king". Lebron is a beast, but has been treated as if he is owed everything. Not arguing with the MVP because he clearly deserved it. It was a 2 man race. But anyone with a brain knows that Lebron has been given all the accolades before even getting a chance to earn them. It all explains his sense of entitlement. He's a great player though, so I won't even try to explain otherwise.
I believe both Kobe and Shaq should have at least 2, a piece, but they both have had so many haters. It's ok. Congrats to Lebron. Maybe he will finally win that title so he can earn the title of king

Did LeBron not deserve either of his other two MVPs?

And again, instead of saying "Kobe deserves at least 2"...name a year that he didn't win it that he should have won it...

These aren't lifetime achievement awards guys. Kobe and Shaq may be better players, but that doesn't mean they "DESERVE" more MVPs. They deserve the MVPs they deserved to win...and LeBron has deserved 3, Kobe has deserved 0-2, and Shaq 2-3 :shrug:

pd1dish
05-11-2012, 10:02 PM
where is all the kobe hate coming from?? no matter how many MVPs he won or you think he deserved, since MJ, i wouldnt take any other player over Kobe to build my team around. as far as the thread is concerned, Lebron deserved it this year. he had a great season statistically and is a great defender on a team that will most likely make it to the finals.

greg_ory_2005
05-11-2012, 10:02 PM
Lebron played better.

BKdoubleStacker
05-11-2012, 10:05 PM
def deserved, lebron had a beast year

but kobe should have atleast 2 in his career

also, kobe played in a much tougher era to get MVPs

JabberJaw
05-11-2012, 10:09 PM
For fun...tell me what year Kobe deserved to win another MVP.

I'll be waiting...because I'm pretty certain whatever year you'll say I'll easily be able to prove you wrong.

2005-06 Kobe: 35.4 ppg, 5.3 reb and 4.3 assists, all-nba first team and nba all-defensive team, 2nd in the league with PER of 28 and scored 81 Pts in a game
vs Nash: 18.8 ppg and 10.5 assists, total liability on defense and wasn't in top 10 of PER.

Not sure how you'll explain how Nash deserves it over Kobe, but I'm sure you'll try to factor in that his team was better or something. But it's MVP not MVPOBT (most valuable player on better team). If that was the logic then durant should've gotten the nod. So, good luck my friend. Explain how Nash deserved it more than Kobe (the second greatest sg of all time)

bucketss
05-11-2012, 10:12 PM

past two years lebron has been the most hated player in sports not just the nba

ryang
05-11-2012, 10:13 PM
its called defense..

ManRam
05-11-2012, 10:14 PM
2005-06 Kobe: 35.4 ppg, 5.3 reb and 4.3 assists, all-nba first team and nba all-defensive team, 2nd in the league with PER of 28 and scored 81 Pts in a game
vs Nash: 18.8 ppg and 10.5 assists, total liability on defense and wasn't in top 10 of PER.

Not sure how you'll explain how Nash deserves it over Kobe, but I'm sure you'll try to factor in that his team was better or something. But it's MVP not MVPOBT (most valuable player on better team). If that was the logic then durant should've gotten the nod. So, good luck my friend. Explain how Nash deserved it more than Kobe (the second greatest sg of all time)

Fine. Name me a player who has ever won the MVP award as a 7 seed. Kobe was a 7 seed...

I don't doubt that Kobe had a better individual year...but Kobe gets SOOOOO much love for his TEAM accomplishments...and TEAM matters in the MVP. His team sucked. He didn't deserve it. Double-edged sword, huh? don't like when having a bad team hurt him, but having a good team helped him a ton inhis history.

Dirk was better than Kobe that year anyways. **** it. So was LeBron.

yoseppii12
05-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Who gives a crap. As far as I am concerned the MVP award is, and will be, between a handful of guys every year unless other superstars emerge in the league.

LeBron, Durant, Howard, DRose (if he comes back strong), and 1 to 2 randoms that have unbelievable seasons.

This is a star's league where the number of jerseys you sell matters most.

I'd almost be willing to bet any amount of money Durant takes one home in the next 3 years. Same with Howard, unless he completely sucks in Brooklyn.

JabberJaw
05-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Did LeBron not deserve either of his other two MVPs?

And again, instead of saying "Kobe deserves at least 2"...name a year that he didn't win it that he should have won it...

These aren't lifetime achievement awards guys. Kobe and Shaq may be better players, but that doesn't mean they "DESERVE" more MVPs. They deserve the MVPs they deserved to win...and LeBron has deserved 3, Kobe has deserved 0-2, and Shaq 2-3 :shrug:

Ok, now go back and actually read what I wrote and then comment. I never said he didn't deserve any, did I? I said I can't argue against lebrons MVP win. I simply stated that if it's close, the nod will obviously go to Lebron. This year could have just as easily went to KD but it didn't. No biggie. Both were just as deserving.
And I did answer your questions. No kidding it's not a lifetime achievement award. You just go off preconstructed rebuttles that don't fit the facts your attempting to argue against. I NEVER said Lebron wasn't deserving. Hell, I said he actually had a monster year. I merely stated that if it's neck and neck, like it should've been, the nod will always go to Lebron. And it did. Was I wrong? Did KD not deserve mention?

Gibby
05-11-2012, 10:17 PM

you can argue nash didnt deserve it. but as you siad kobe was second in per (well he was actually 3rd.) you can argue lebron and dirk deserved more because they had better numbers and were on better teams.

BIG-D
05-11-2012, 10:20 PM
In 05-06 kobes image was horrible due to the Colorado thing which is why i think that happened

MrFastBreak
05-11-2012, 10:20 PM

4 assists per game is a big difference. What point are you trying to make? That because Bron has better players around him, he should be less credited for the MVP? I don't get it.

ManRam
05-11-2012, 10:21 PM
Ok, now go back and actually read what I wrote and then comment. I never said he didn't deserve any, did I? I said I can't argue against lebrons MVP win. I simply stated that if it's close, the nod will obviously go to Lebron. This year could have just as easily went to KD but it didn't. No biggie. Both were just as deserving.
And I did answer your questions. No kidding it's not a lifetime achievement award. You just go off preconstructed rebuttles that don't fit the facts your attempting to argue against. I NEVER said Lebron wasn't deserving. Hell, I said he actually had a monster year. I merely stated that if it's neck and neck, like it should've been, the nod will always go to Lebron. And it did. Was I wrong? Did KD not deserve mention?

Well, I said that Kobe may have deserved it more than Nash...but that's how the award works: TEAM SUCCESS. You even made reference in your post (2nd best SG ever) that suggest you think it SHOULD be a lifetime achievement award.

I'm not saying that you're saying LeBron isn't deserving...I'm just asking the people who say "how does Kobe only have one" explain to me how he deserves more than one...

JabberJaw
05-11-2012, 10:24 PM
Fine. Name me a player who has ever won the MVP award as a 7 seed. Kobe was a 7 seed...

I don't doubt that Kobe had a better individual year...but Kobe gets SOOOOO much love for his TEAM accomplishments...and TEAM matters in the MVP. His team sucked. He didn't deserve it. Double-edged sword, huh? don't like when having a bad team hurt him, but having a good team helped him a ton inhis history.

Great comeback lol. You were so ready to prove me wrong but failed. The only thing Nash was better in was in assists. And no Lebron and dirk were not better. Lmao. They weren't even In the real discussion. It was between Nash and Kobe that year.
Geez, just another blind hater that won't give props where props were due. And what about the times when Kobes team finished with the best record? Hmm? Oh we won't count those. We will go back to stats for those years. Lmao. It's most valuable player, I must remind you. He was the best player on the planet in 05-06. He was huuuuuge that year. But you'll discount it. Yes, Lebron is the greatest ever, along with dirk and nash lol. Kobe is just average. My bad player. You must be a professional analyst or statistician. Lol. You're ahead of the game. You should teach seminars

ManRam
05-11-2012, 10:27 PM
Great comeback lol. You were so ready to prove me wrong but failed. The only thing Nash was better in was in assists. And no Lebron and dirk were not better. Lmao. They weren't even In the real discussion. It was between Nash and Kobe that year.
Geez, just another blind hater that won't give props where props were due. And what about the times when Kobes team finished with the best record? Hmm? Oh we won't count those. We will go back to stats for those years. Lmao. It's most valuable player, I must remind you. He was the best player on the planet in 05-06. He was huuuuuge that year. But you'll discount it. Yes, Lebron is the greatest ever, along with dirk and nash lol. Kobe is just average. My bad player. You must be a professional analyst or statistician. Lol. You're ahead of the game. You should teach seminars

Comeback? Haha. Read my first post. I said Kobe had a better individual year :laugh2: I'm not trying to make a comeback. I admitted that Kobe had a better individual year than Nash. Wow.

Articulate how LeBron and Dirk weren't better, please. Even if they didn't have better years, they were on better teams...and that matters.

I'm not being a hater. The Lakers were A SEVEN SEED. I asked you to tell me when a player on a SEVEN SEED has even won the MVP.

I never said Kobe was average. You are going way overboard :laugh:

Swashcuff
This is such a troll thread... :laugh2:

ManRam owning the naysayers however

KB-Pau-DH2012
I think the answer I'm about to give is vey fitting to your question....

IT'S LEBRON'S FAULT.

;)

Gritz
05-11-2012, 10:28 PM
I shouldve got it for taking that long ban like a G

ManRam
05-11-2012, 10:30 PM
Hell, even if I'm wrong about that year and Kobe and his 7 seed deserved an MVP...that's still just TWO. Not three. Just two...

So we still have work to do to get to 3.

Public Enemy #1
05-11-2012, 10:33 PM
Lebron is the superior player in every category except jump shots. Durant is obviously a superior shooter but other than that Lebron owns him in everything from defense to playmaking ability to dribble penetration to best overall player in the entire league. LBJ had a legendary season and had one less win than Durant. Get over it...

llemon
05-11-2012, 10:34 PM
Let's keep things in perspective.

Wilt had a 50ppg, 25 rpg season and did not get the MVP Award.

Swashcuff
05-11-2012, 10:37 PM
Hell, even if I'm wrong about that year and Kobe and his 7 seed deserved an MVP...that's still just TWO. Not three. Just two...

So we still have work to do to get to 3.

But you aren't. Historically in the NBA a precedent has been set and no matter how great a player was he was individually he's going to be penalized for not having a great team record.

When I was younger and didn't know the history of the game as much as I do now I hated Nash and thought he never deserved the award because of the fact that his didn't possess that WOW factor that a guy like Kobe did but with age came wisdom and I can totally understand why Kobe wasn't awarded with the MVP.

Baller1
05-11-2012, 10:38 PM
Lebron was just... Better. Simple as that.

kntresistheheat
05-11-2012, 10:42 PM
Because Durant wasn't the chosen one! Get it?

ManRam
05-11-2012, 10:45 PM
But you aren't. Historically in the NBA a precedent has been set and no matter how great a player was he was individually he's going to be penalized for not having a great team record.

When I was younger and didn't know the history of the game as much as I do now I hated Nash and thought he never deserved the award because of the fact that his didn't possess that WOW factor that a guy like Kobe did but with age came wisdom and I can totally understand why Kobe wasn't awarded with the MVP.

I know I'm not wrong...how else do you respond to people who run out of arguments and resort to "you're a hater"? I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. he explicitly ignored my question about 7 seeds winning it. Of course he thinks Kobe should be the exception because he's a kobephile. But that's bias...

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-11-2012, 10:48 PM
Because Durant wasn't the chosen one! Get it?

Chosen one? For what. Chosen to take out the garbage? Chosen to tailor a suit? Chosen to eat a Fig Newton?

Enough with the "King" and "Chosen One" stuff.

He got MVP, congratulations. Now let's move on!

bucketss
05-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Chosen one? For what. Chosen to take out the garbage? Chosen to tailor a suit? Chosen to eat a Fig Newton?

i think it was just a joke i prefer to call him lepimp james! like how he be pimping on the court get it?!?1 lol naw that was horrible i'll stop :p

rockbottom2010
05-11-2012, 11:02 PM
theres too much to explain...nuff said

PLAYERS FAN
05-11-2012, 11:35 PM
I think Parker has a better argument for the mvp.

Mr_Amaziing
05-11-2012, 11:51 PM
Good players win MVP but Great players win Championships

llemon
05-12-2012, 12:04 AM

Yes, Charles Barkley is good, but Derek Fisher is great.

Cfrey
05-12-2012, 12:11 AM
LeBron won this by a landslide and voters don't get these things wrong.. especially when it comes to giving it to LeBron because that is the last thing they want to do...

so if LeBron won the award don't you think it was damn well deserving??

and I'm sorry but durants season was nowhere near lebrons statistically speaking... and the teams had virtually identical records

Cfrey
05-12-2012, 12:12 AM
Yes, Charles Barkley is good, but Derek Fisher is great.

lololol

THE GIPPER
05-12-2012, 12:14 AM
theres too much to explain...nuff said

This. I was about to type a long response as to why Bron deserved it but there's just no point haha

willabeast77
05-12-2012, 12:15 AM
The only way Durant would have won MVP is if the Thunder had the best record in the west (but they blew it in the 2nd half of the season), and if he upped his ppg a little more (about 30+).

LakersIn5
05-12-2012, 12:23 AM
Comeback? Haha. Read my first post. I said Kobe had a better individual year :laugh2: I'm not trying to make a comeback. I admitted that Kobe had a better individual year than Nash. Wow.

Articulate how LeBron and Dirk weren't better, please. Even if they didn't have better years, they were on better teams...and that matters.

I'm not being a hater. The Lakers were A SEVEN SEED. I asked you to tell me when a player on a SEVEN SEED has even won the MVP.

I never said Kobe was average. You are going way overboard :laugh:

i think kaj won as an 8th seed. but im not sureg

Bruno
05-12-2012, 12:24 AM
Lebron is the better defender. Had KD's OKC won five more games than the Heat, I think he would have taken it.

Bulls_fan90
05-12-2012, 12:38 AM
LeBron is the MVP*

sunsfan88
05-12-2012, 12:50 AM
Durant is just as good offensively as LeBron is but difference is LeBron's 10x the defender Durant is.

kntresistheheat
05-12-2012, 12:57 AM
LeBron is the MVP*

Bulls are the best regular season team * :D

THE GIPPER
05-12-2012, 01:02 AM
Durant is just as good offensively as LeBron is but difference is LeBron's 10x the defender Durant is.

I really disagree on that one.

He had 1 more ppg than bron while Bron shot 53% Durant shot just under 50%. He also took more shots than bron did. Now Durant did have a much better FT% and a slightly better TS% but Bron was better in eFG%, AST%, TOV%, ORtg and OWS.

Lebron was the superior facilitator, averaging about 3 more assists per game than Durant while turning the ball over less.

If we're talking about just scoring then I'd probably have to give Durant the slight edge but offensively as a whole I still think its Bron.

KnicksTape
05-12-2012, 01:03 AM
Regular season MVP really doesnt mean much to me. Take Lebron away from the Heat and they still would be doing pretty good. But he still won it over Durant since Durant is more of a one trick type of guy compared to Lebron. The way CP3 turned around the Clippers i would give a nod towards him or Tony P for how he played this year also. But the playoffs is all that matters so whatever :p

naps
05-12-2012, 01:14 AM
This is such a troll thread... :laugh2:

ManRam owning the naysayers however

THIS.

Also, some Kobe fans are making themselves look even more desperate. On one hand, they say don't care about regular season MVP and then they cry for why he doesn't have more than one.

smith&wesson
05-12-2012, 01:17 AM

lebron is a better defender
lebron is a better facilitator

you want to compare supporting casts ?

westbrook, harden, ibaka, perkins, sefalosha, maynor,collison

wade, bosh, chalmers, battier, joel anthony ? haslem ? miller ?

they both have super teams. lets not act like durant has less talent. his team is extreamly talented.

as of right now lebron is the better two way player. dont tell me that durant is the same defender lebron is because he isnt.

its pretty close, but i still say lebron is the best sf in the game. durant is the 2nd best sf in the game. lebron is the best player in the game, durant is a close 2nd. i dont think durant has surpassed lebron.

there's two sides to the court my man!

Teeboy1487
05-12-2012, 01:17 AM
I thought Durant deserved it more in terms of the consistency of the MVP award in the last decade. Lebron's numbers were not really eye popping in comparison to Durant's except assists. Lebron also plays with two all stars (Durant plays with one) and Durant played in the tougher conference. Lebron is the best in the world. I recognize that. However, I thought the NBA was inconsistent this year with the MVP award. Congrats to Lebron though. I can never figure out this MVP award. That's why I never really cared for it.

smith&wesson
05-12-2012, 01:21 AM

i dont even like lebron but its not hard to see that he has the best overall game on both ends of the court. you can say he is pretty much elite in every catagory for his position.

durant himself has admitted to wanting to focus on becoming a better defender. that is half the game right there.

lets not act like lebron doesnt deserve this award. the man has been beasting consistantly year in and year out. i dont know how you argue against his game. it speaks for its self my man.

gatkins11
05-12-2012, 01:22 AM

Bingo.

tapajafri
05-12-2012, 01:27 AM

Lebron is a way better than defender than Durant. Lebron also makes his entire team better whereas Durant is mainly a scorer. Lebron is the best player hands down, but the thing that's so amazing about him is that he's so good at getting his team involved. He can play all 5 positions and guard all 5 positions whereas Durant cannot. Lebron is the best player in the NBA and has been for about the past 4 years. I know you're a laker fan and it's tough to swallow, but you're going to have to let your bias stop affecting your mind. I know deep down inside you, you know Lebron rightfully deserves this award.

MiamiBoy77
05-12-2012, 01:28 AM
Durant is the best scorer in the league. But LeBron is truly the leagues most valuable player. Seeing the things he has done over the last two years are amazing. When he is playing well on both sides of the court he is truly the most dominant player in the sport.

Bulls_fan90
05-12-2012, 02:51 AM
Bulls are the best regular season team * :D

Hey don't make fun of the Bulls!! We've been through enough :cry::cry::D

0nekhmer
05-12-2012, 03:03 AM
ebIf mvp meant the best player, LeBron should have gotten it last year as well. Mvp Is most valuable to the team. If LeBron didn't improve like he did, Durant would've gotten it.

Kuya_Clive
05-12-2012, 03:17 AM
Lebron was just better as many have posted, but there also wasn't any story that helped Durant's cause. Look at Rose last year, not a lot of people predicted the Bulls to have the best record in the NBA last year which added to Rose's cause. Everyone expected the Thunder to be a force out in the West his year so there is no surprise factor. Also, Noah and Boozer missed a good amount of time last year so Rose DID have to carry the offense at times. This also added to Rose's MVP campaign. The Thunder didn't have injuries to 2 other key guys, for extended periods of time, which required Durant to carry the offense like Rose had to last year. The Bulls had no other all-star last year (although Deng was more deserving last year than this year) which made Rose's campaign look even better when compared to Lebron's. Durant plays with an all-star in Westbrook, so Durant did not really have the advantage of having "lesser talent" to help his MVP bid.

LakersKB24
05-12-2012, 04:25 AM
My problem with LBJ winning his 3rd MVP is that he has at least 1 more HoFer and former Finals MVP on his team.
He absolutely deserved the two MVPs in Cleveland because he made them a contender and without him, this team would have been lottery bound. Now he's in Miami 'taking the easy way out', playing with another superstar and former finals MVP who's a lock for the HoF and a second tier superstar and he's still the MVP? Hard to believe that taking LeBron off the team would have the same effects as in Cleveland... I just think he set his own benchmark so to sspeak with his first two MVPs and he can't live up to that because of the circumstances in Miami.
One can even argue they didn't play up to their potential, I mean they don't even have the best
record in their own conference and finished behind the Bulls who played many games wirhout their
best player.
I'm not saying he didn't deserve it at all, he's having a great season and is definitely the best
player in the league (MVP isn't necessairily the best player). There just weren't too many candidates this year...

WadeKobe
05-12-2012, 07:19 AM

Chosen to be the best player since Michael Jordan, and he will be once he retires. There is no longer any discussion to be had on the issue.

WadeKobe
05-12-2012, 07:21 AM
My problem with LBJ winning his 3rd MVP is that he has at least 1 more HoFer and former Finals MVP on his team.
He absolutely deserved the two MVPs in Cleveland because he made them a contender and without him, this team would have been lottery bound. Now he's in Miami 'taking the easy way out', playing with another superstar and former finals MVP who's a lock for the HoF and a second tier superstar and he's still the MVP? Hard to believe that taking LeBron off the team would have the same effects as in Cleveland... I just think he set his own benchmark so to sspeak with his first two MVPs and he can't live up to that because of the circumstances in Miami.
One can even argue they didn't play up to their potential, I mean they don't even have the best
record in their own conference and finished behind the Bulls who played many games wirhout their
best player.
I'm not saying he didn't deserve it at all, he's having a great season and is definitely the best
player in the league (MVP isn't necessairily the best player). There just weren't too many candidates this year...

Second-tier superstar? Wade is still the second best player in the NBA.

PhillyFaninLA
05-12-2012, 07:39 AM
Hey don't make fun of the Bulls!! We've been through enough :cry::cry::D

When your fans on this site keep crying and whining and trying to highjack every topic on this board they haven't been through enough. If they could (not talking about you specifically) stop whining and shut there mouth for at least half a day maybe they would get some sympathy.

Your fanbase, well the majority on this site, whine and complain and create excuses on how the greatest team in the history of the league even allows points let alone losing.

Its your fanbase that creates the hate, I was indifferent about the Bulls and rooted for Rose a bit until right around the playoffs last year when your fanbase started doing the things I mentioned and caused me to change to hate for your team and not liking Rose.

That is why your team gets made fun enough.

SaimuKala
05-12-2012, 07:44 AM

How can you be such a homer

Swashcuff
05-12-2012, 08:03 AM

I agree. Robert Horry is arguably the greatest PF of all time right? :eyebrow:

I bet you think Kevin Durant is a better player than LeBron James is as well.

LakersKB24
05-12-2012, 08:09 AM

Bosh

WadeKobe
05-12-2012, 08:23 AM
Bosh

:facepalm: That was so clear. Sorry, it's 5am and I worked a long shift.

WadeKobe
05-12-2012, 08:29 AM
How can you be such a homer

I'm not.... that's a defendable statement.

Durant and Wade were essentially equals in PER and WS/48.
Wade's a better facilitator
Wade's a better defender.

Also, Wade bests Durant in every single one of these:

http://www.82games.com/1112/ROLRTG8.HTM

It is one thing to say you disagree. However, to say it's a "homer" statement, as though it is obviously not true is simply nonsense. It is amazing how quickly everyone is willing to overlook Wade just because LeBron is on his team. It's ridiculous. There's nothing "homer" about saying what I did.

TheJesus
05-12-2012, 10:15 AM
Lebron is the best player on the planet. Anyone who disagrees with him winning the MVP either (a) hates Lebron, (b) is blinded by OKC homerism, (c) is a bitter Knicks fan, or (d) is a bitter fan that couldn't sign Lebron.

Hawkeye15
05-12-2012, 10:21 AM
Because LeBron is the better player, the best in the game, and if you really want to nitpick between LeBron and Durant, look no further then the fact that LeBron is a more efficient offensive player, a better passer, and a WAAAAAAAAY better defender, arguably top 2 in the NBA.

This was an easy call, just like his other MVP's. LeBron has been the best player in the game for 5 seasons. 3rd MVP is about what to expect, since the NBA doesn't get it right every year.

LakersKB24
05-12-2012, 10:22 AM
:facepalm: That was so clear. Sorry, it's 5am and I worked a long shift.

Never mind ;)

Corey
05-12-2012, 10:23 AM
Because LeBron is the better player, the best in the game, and if you really want to nitpick between LeBron and Durant, look no further then the fact that LeBron is a more efficient offensive player, a better passer, and a WAAAAAAAAY better defender, arguably top 2 in the NBA.

This was an easy call, just like his other MVP's. LeBron has been the best player in the game for 5 seasons. 3rd MVP is about what to expect, since the NBA doesn't get it right every year.

It's not called "The Best individual player" award, though.

One could certainly make the argument that Durant was more important to the Thunder's success than Lebron was to the Heat's.

Take Durant off the Thunder, and Lebron off the Heat -- Which team is worse off?

Hawkeye15
05-12-2012, 10:28 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=jamesle01&y1=2012&p2=duranke01&y2=2012

just for the comparison statistically. LeBron wins.

TheJesus
05-12-2012, 10:28 AM

One could certainly make the argument that Durant was more important to the Thunder's success than Lebron was to the Heat's.

Take Durant off the Thunder, and Lebron off the Heat -- Which team is worse off?

This has to be the most unintelligent argument for the MVP that I hear on a consistent basis. Do you understand what you're doing here?

Take Deron Williams off the Nets and Durant off the Thunder, which team is worse? Clearly Deron Williams is MORE VALUABLE and deserves the MVP.

Take Chris Paul off the Clippers and Durant off the Thunder, which team is worse? Clearly Paul is MORE VALUABLE and deserves the MVP.

How about we add a high school basketball team to the NBA. Add Brian Scalibrine to that team. Remove him from the team and see how your argument works.

It's a silly argument. No one should be punished for the talent around them.

Hawkeye15
05-12-2012, 10:31 AM

I don't view it that way. Best player wins it in my opinion, as long as a few criteria are met team wise (no non-playoff team should have the MVP for example).

I don't agree with trying to pull a guy off a roster and look at it that way. Otherwise, take back any MVP Bird, Magic, Duncan, Kobe, or many others have won. Right? Because many of those teams they won their MVP awards on would not have lost more than 5-10 more games and still been a good seed in the playoffs without them.

Swashcuff
05-12-2012, 10:35 AM
This has to be the most unintelligent argument for the MVP that I hear on a consistent basis. Do you understand what you're doing here?

Take Deron Williams off the Nets and Durant off the Thunder, which team is worse? Clearly Deron Williams is MORE VALUABLE and deserves the MVP.

Take Chris Paul off the Clippers and Durant off the Thunder, which team is worse? Clearly Paul is MORE VALUABLE and deserves the MVP.

How about we add a high school basketball team to the NBA. Add Brian Scalibrine to that team. Remove him from the team and see how your argument works.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I don't think Corey should even bother replying to this.

Corey
05-12-2012, 10:36 AM

Why so defensive? It's called playing devil's advocate. Go re-read my post. I said 'one could make the argument', not "I think...".

Silly goose.

PS, the comparisons you made are completely asinine. Im not even sure how you thought up that Scalabrine scenario. .....uh.

TheJesus
05-12-2012, 10:37 AM

You sincerely advocate for giving the award to the player that has the most value towards winning/losing towards his respective team? Can you comprehend just how stupid that is? What a ridiculous stream of nonsense you're opening from fans of 20 win teams who claim that they would win 0 games if their 1 superstar was out for the season?

You give the award to the best player in the league. That's how it works. If you want to advocate renaming the award, whatever. But you just pretend that all of the NBA Players are on one big team and then you ask yourself who the best player that season was. Easy question.

TheJesus
05-12-2012, 10:38 AM
Why so defensive? It's called playing devil's advocate. Go re-read my post. I said 'one could make the argument', not "I think...".

Silly goose.

PS, the comparisons you made are completely asinine. Im not even sure how you thought up that Scalabrine scenario. .....uh.

It's called hyperbole. And one should restrain from playing devil's advocate for the sake of playing devil's advocate. It should be at least a plausible argument. Promote intelligent discussion. Not nonsense.

Swashcuff
05-12-2012, 10:39 AM
I don't view it that way. Best player wins it in my opinion, as long as a few criteria are met team wise (no non-playoff team should have the MVP for example).

I don't agree with trying to pull a guy off a roster and look at it that way. Otherwise, take back any MVP Bird, Magic, Duncan, Kobe, or many others have won. Right? Because many of those teams they won their MVP awards on would not have lost more than 5-10 more games and still been a good seed in the playoffs without them.

Though LeBron is clearly the MVP in my eyes I get what Corey is saying. I mean we all like to speak of how poor LeBron's casts were in Cleveland and what they'd be like if he were not part of that team (piss poor) so I think we can also look at it in this context as well. Durant's support is still quite stellar however.

I don't think he is saying to take back Bird's, Magic's etc but he's talking about the context of this particular discussion where Durant was a close 2nd with what most would consider an inferior supporting cast to the Heat's.

Swashcuff
05-12-2012, 10:43 AM
You sincerely advocate for giving the award to the player that has the most value towards winning/losing towards his respective team? Can you comprehend just how stupid that is? What a ridiculous stream of nonsense you're opening from fans of 20 win teams who claim that they would win 0 games if their 1 superstar was out for the season?

You give the award to the best player in the league. That's how it works. If you want to advocate renaming the award, whatever. But you just pretend that all of the NBA Players are on one big team and then you ask yourself who the best player that season was. Easy question.

Dude don't you understand context? All he was saying that in this context if you look at it from that POV what would be the outcome. It was a comparison between LeBron, KD and their respective teams. Bringing D-Will, Scal etc in all of that was unnecessary. Apparently you didn't understand what he was bringing across and you only read one line.

Corey
05-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Sure, team success is an important factor. The best individual player doesn't always win the award, though. I dont agree with that.

I didn't really say that, though. I used the example of taking Lebron and Durant off their respective teams because both were division winners, both had great regular season success, and similar records.

The award is called the 'Most Valuable'. The player that is most valuable to his team's success. I dont see any problem with a fan arguing that Durant is more vital to the Thunder's success.

Edit: Swash beat me to it :p

Hawkeye15
05-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Though LeBron is clearly the MVP in my eyes I get what Corey is saying. I mean we all like to speak of how poor LeBron's casts were in Cleveland and what they'd be like if he were not part of that team (piss poor) so I think we can also look at it in this context as well. Durant's support is still quite stellar however.

I don't think he is saying to take back Bird's, Magic's etc but he's talking about the context of this particular discussion where Durant was a close 2nd with what most would consider an inferior supporting cast to the Heat's.

I understand his point, and it can be used for all sorts of arguments, but it depends on how you, or Corey, defines MVP. For me, its best player, period. And the best player would never play for a bad team, because at any given point the best player can lift any team to 50 wins or more. As long as that players team meets a minimum criteria for wins, I don't really care about the supporting cast all that much.

I said that we would have to take back allllll those stars that won it with a stacked team. When Jordan left, his Bulls were still deep in the playoffs. Should we take his MVP's away because even though he was clearly the best player, he played on stacked teams?

Is the Thunder cast really inferior btw?

Durant (MVP runner up)
Westbrook (should be 2nd team all NBA)
Harden (6th man of the year, arguably the 3rd best SG in the NBA)
Ibaka (swat machine finishing 3rd in DPOY voting)

3 player with a PER over 20, Ibaka at 19.1.

versus

LeBron (best player on the planet)
Wade (1-2nd team all NBA, top 5 player)
Bosh (top 25 player, will not make any all NBA teams)

2 players with a PER over 20, Bosh at 18.9, nobody else on the roster even remotely close to the league average of 15.

I really don't buy the roster support argument either. And at the very least, its so small of a difference anyways, it makes it even easier for me to pick the clearly better player.

Hawkeye15
05-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Sure, team success is an important factor. The best individual player doesn't always win the award, though. I dont agree with that.

I didn't really say that, though. I used the example of taking Lebron and Durant off their respective teams because both were division winners, both had great regular season success, and similar records.

The award is called the 'Most Valuable'. The player that is most valuable to his team's success. I dont see any problem with a fan arguing that Durant is more vital to the Thunder's success.

Edit: Swash beat me to it :p

Of course the best player doesn't always win the award, I have always been vocal about my issues with the inconsistencies in the MVP, or any award.

I never said you said it, I am trying to use your rational, and explain why I don't agree with it.

An argument can be made, sure. And yes, if you simply removed a star off a west team, that team would suffer more in a tougher conference. But next to each other, on neutral ground, both LeBron and Durant have pretty equal help really.

If you want to keep the award consistent, best player wins it. Otherwise there will always be guys winning it who shouldn't.

Swashcuff
05-12-2012, 10:57 AM
I understand his point, and it can be used for all sorts of arguments, but it depends on how you, or Corey, defines MVP. For me, its best player, period. And the best player would never play for a bad team, because at any given point the best player can lift any team to 50 wins or more. As long as that players team meets a minimum criteria for wins, I don't really care about the supporting cast all that much.

I said that we would have to take back allllll those stars that won it with a stacked team. When Jordan left, his Bulls were still deep in the playoffs. Should we take his MVP's away because even though he was clearly the best player, he played on stacked teams?

Is the Thunder cast really inferior btw?

Durant (MVP runner up)
Westbrook (should be 2nd team all NBA)
Harden (6th man of the year, arguably the 3rd best SG in the NBA)
Ibaka (swat machine finishing 3rd in DPOY voting)

3 player with a PER over 20, Ibaka at 19.1.

versus

LeBron (best player on the planet)
Wade (1-2nd team all NBA, top 5 player)
Bosh (top 25 player, will not make any all NBA teams)

2 players with a PER over 20, Bosh at 18.9, nobody else on the roster even remotely close to the league average of 15.

I really don't buy the roster support argument either. And at the very least, its so small of a difference anyways, it makes it even easier for me to pick the clearly better player.

Got no beans with anything that you said in all honesty.

I said most would consider the Thunder cast to be inferior. Me personally I'm on the fence about that one.

As a third option Harden is better than Bosh but obviously Bosh is the better player. Westbrook is a better player than Bosh but a case could be made however that both Wade and LeBron are better than Durant (though Durant has certainly closed that gap with Wade).

At the end of day the day I think it makes for a great debate but overall a strong case can indeed be made in support of the Thunder having the better cast.

In think in the roster support argument its more based on reputation. In Wade you have a proven #1 on a championship team type player and in Bosh you have a top quality #2 option type player. Westbrook hasn't proven that he can be a Dwyane Wade type player and Harden hasn't proven that he can be a legit #2 (though I think he'll be quite capable of being one).

I honestly think the Heat would be better without LeBron than the Thunder would be with Durant. That however does not change my opinion on who should be the MVP because there are way more dynamics than just that to take into consideration.

JC_
05-12-2012, 11:13 AM
Take Lebron off the Heat and I think they are maybe a 2nd round team. If you watch them play you see how vital Lebron is to their level of play.

pd1dish
05-12-2012, 11:17 AM
I think Parker has a better argument for the mvp.

the MVP will always go to a superstar especially when Lebron and Durant are the leading names. whether Parker deserved it or not, he had no chance to win over them.

DR_1
05-12-2012, 11:19 AM
Cause the media is in love with Lebron...:facepalm:

YoungOne
05-12-2012, 11:26 AM
cause lebron had the better season

Baller1
05-12-2012, 11:29 AM

Yes, that's the only reason Lebron won it.

Swashcuff
05-12-2012, 12:11 PM
the MVP will always go to a superstar especially when Lebron and Durant are the leading names. whether Parker deserved it or not, he had no chance to win over them.

Steve Nash has two Kobe, Shaq, A.I. are some of the most popular figures in all of North American sports they only have one each. This makes no sense.

NihonJinDesu
05-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Because LeBron had a dominant regular season...

sharqstealth
05-12-2012, 12:35 PM
Because he is the better defender, almost won the DPOY behind Tyson...

bucketss
05-12-2012, 01:48 PM

is this coming from a drose fan??

ManRam
05-12-2012, 01:54 PM
I thought Durant deserved it more in terms of the consistency of the MVP award in the last decade. Lebron's numbers were not really eye popping in comparison to Durant's except assists. Lebron also plays with two all stars (Durant plays with one) and Durant played in the tougher conference. Lebron is the best in the world. I recognize that. However, I thought the NBA was inconsistent this year with the MVP award. Congrats to Lebron though. I can never figure out this MVP award. That's why I never really cared for it.

Clearly you have a simplistic understanding of statistics then. For a while, LeBron easily was having a top 3-5 season ever. No joke. He regressed to the mean a bit, but his numbers were indeed eye popping.

ManRam
05-12-2012, 01:55 PM

Then why has Dwight Howard won MVPs? He's meant more to his team the last two seasons than any other player IMO.

It's more than just that. The Thunder would still be pretty damn good too. Russy/Harden/Thabo/Ibaka/Perk could compete easily with Chalmers/Wade/Miller/Bosh/Haslem.

PhillyFaninLA
05-12-2012, 03:43 PM

I agree with your first statement but I think the Heat are worse without Lebron then the Thunder without Durant.

The big 3 in Miami are better then the big 3 in OKC but you get beyond the big 3 in Miami you don't have much of anything and you get beyond the big 3 in OKC you still have quite a bit of talent. I think you can make a case that if anyone of the big 3 in Miami go down so do there title hopes but if one of the big 3 in OKC go down they can still compete a bit in the west.

The guy I'd like to see win it this year would have been Tony Parker but I can't really have to much of an issue with Lebron winning it.

Trueblue2
05-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Put lebron on the thunder and durrant on the heat, what team gets better? That's why.

xxplayerxx23
05-12-2012, 05:37 PM
I think durant is more valuable to his team, but you cant agrue with Lebron, It was close, Lebron took it, no big deal, Its playoff time right now, lets see If bron can win it all( I think he will)

Ebbs
05-12-2012, 05:40 PM

He was lucky to win that one. I think he was the best player in the NBA maybe twice his entire career.

xxplayerxx23
05-12-2012, 05:41 PM
He was lucky to win that one. I think he was the best player in the NBA maybe twice his entire career.

I think the year he won it chris paul deserved it too lol,

popo85
05-12-2012, 05:56 PM
It could of gone to either both, but defensively LeBron took the responsibilty of guarding the other teams main scorer at end of games and did a good job which was a huge factor in there wins and his MVP...

SACNYY
05-12-2012, 06:10 PM

This.

lakersfan01
05-12-2012, 06:11 PM
This thread is moronic. Lebron deserved the MVP award. Someone who only watches Lebron and Durant play against their own team might not get it.

Spiderman 1nner
05-12-2012, 06:16 PM

Because nash' suns beat kobe's lakers in the first round of the playoffs in what, 5 games? I know its a regular season award but when a decision hasnt been made and the 2 finalists are playing one another, you cant help but use it as a barometer. If mvp was a statistical award theyd just calculate it through a computer and hand it out, but its not. To me mvp goes to the player who had the most profound impact on the league that year and although kobes 81 was unequivocally the highlight of that season, you cant give him the award because without nash, the suns were a perennial lottery team and although the same is true for kobe and the lakers, how can you give it to a player whose team was a 6 seed. Basketball should have wins above replacement like baseball.

5ass
05-12-2012, 06:32 PM

How is that? The media has turned Lebron into a "villain" Durant is the new poster boy.

LJEATON26
05-12-2012, 06:41 PM
How is that? The media has turned Lebron into a "villain" Durant is the new poster boy.

Lebron turned himself into a villain with the fans. ESPN and the media still worship him.

5ass
05-12-2012, 07:09 PM
Lebron turned himself into a villain with the fans. ESPN and the media still worship him.

is that why they voted him MVP last season?

basketfan4life
05-12-2012, 07:17 PM

you are wrong my frien, you can just open a web site, see lbj had a better per and call he was better than kobe in '06. But that is bull ****, no player had the impact of kobe in the game of basketball in '06 and it wasn't even close. Kobe was the clear cut best player in the league that year and the year after. Anything said otherwise for those 2 years is nothing more than a ******** to me.

basketfan4life
05-12-2012, 07:27 PM
Lebron is the superior player in every category except jump shots. Durant is obviously a superior shooter but other than that Lebron owns him in everything from defense to playmaking ability to dribble penetration to best overall player in the entire league. LBJ had a legendary season and had one less win than Durant. Get over it...

Lebron deserved the award. No question about it. But, a big but, you, i, and everybody say all those gret things about lebron, those things aren't making the Heat better than the 4th seed. The style of play matters and there is just soo much more than the PER and WS to the game.

basketfan4life
05-12-2012, 07:34 PM

so, why did you?

ManRam
05-12-2012, 07:37 PM
you are wrong my frien, you can just open a web site, see lbj had a better per and call he was better than kobe in '06. But that is bull ****, no player had the impact of kobe in the game of basketball in '06 and it wasn't even close. Kobe was the clear cut best player in the league that year and the year after. Anything said otherwise for those 2 years is nothing more than a ******** to me.

Clear cut? I don't know. Dirk was pretty damn great...and I don't need to open up b-r.com to find that out.

Even if I'm wrong, and I may be because all we're doing is sharing opinions, it doesn't matter because he was a 7 seed.

Riddle me this: Imagine if LeBron was the "clear cut best player" in the league on a bad team/7 seed. You wouldn't for one second say he deserved the award...would you? No, you wouldn't. So be consistent.

The MVP is not the "best player in the NBA award"...

willabeast77
05-12-2012, 07:49 PM
There's no question LeBron was the league's MVP this season. Just because the Heat didn't get the no.1 seed doesn't mean he wasn't most valuable. That's a moronic excuse.

meloman1592
05-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Lebron got more votes

/thread

Fnom11
05-12-2012, 08:32 PM
I thought it was pretty obvious throughout the entire season Lebron was playing better than Durant.

theheatles
05-12-2012, 09:18 PM
I thought it was pretty obvious throughout the entire season Lebron was playing better than Durant.

it really was, Durant is a great player and his future is exciting but LeBron is just on another level

Swashcuff
05-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Lebron got more votes

/thread

Aren't you the thread starter :laugh2:

xxplayerxx23
05-12-2012, 09:37 PM
Aren't you the thread starter :laugh2:

Take the L out and add a T and it is lmaoo

Swashcuff
05-12-2012, 09:39 PM
Take the L out and add a T and it is lmaoo

Oh my bad haha

kobemelo
05-12-2012, 10:07 PM
lol @ this thread. Lebron won cuz he was the Most Valuable plain and simple. CP3 has just as good as a case as KD but neither shoulda got votes over LBJ

Team*Chicago
05-12-2012, 11:12 PM
The same reason why Thibs didn't win back-to-back COY.

TylerSL
05-12-2012, 11:40 PM
Because Lebron was the better player in most facets of the game..... Not really hard to figure out......

TylerSL
05-12-2012, 11:46 PM
The same reason why Thibs didn't win back-to-back COY.

Pop did deserve it this year, not Thibs. Thibs earned it last year, but everybody expected the Bulls to be awesome again this year. After the #1 seeded Spurs got beat by the #8 Grizzlies, nobody expected the Spurs to be very good this year. Sure a playoff team, but not a 1 seed, maybe 7 seed.

ManRam
05-13-2012, 12:10 AM
I actually think I would have voted for Thibs...but to say Durant didn't win the MVP is "for the same reason Thibs didn't win COY" is just silly...

Corey
05-13-2012, 12:30 AM
I actually think I would have voted for Thibs...but to say Durant didn't win the MVP is "for the same reason Thibs didn't win COY" is just silly...

Thibs would have had my vote for COY too.

Lost the reigning MVP for a BIG chunk of the season and still got the top seed. Thibs is awesome.

NoahH
05-13-2012, 02:31 AM

This sums it up nicely. Basic stats were pretty even, but by looking at advanced stats you could CLEARLY see Lebron was in a league of his own

Losoway
05-13-2012, 02:56 AM
For the last time kevin durant is a great scorer ...thats it

Lebron is great at everything

Happy question answered

Cavs_Fan24
05-13-2012, 10:01 AM
LeBron was the better player this season bro, simple as that.

Durant will win an MVP eventually no doubt, but LBJ had one of the best statistical seasons we've seen in awhile.

That FG% is ridiculous for a guy that takes as many shots as he does.

theheatles
05-13-2012, 10:32 AM
I don't get why Durant calls himself a facilitator when he's averaged more turnovers than assists per game in every year of his career? please explain