PDA

View Full Version : end of game officiating

nastynice
05-11-2012, 01:43 PM
So I was watching the highlights of both chi-phi game 6 and bos-atl game 6. Both games came down to the last possession.

In bos-atl, on the last play I saw what looked to be a blatant foul on paul pierce against the guy going for the shot. It wasn't called, and I was like, I guess its cool, its the end of the game and I know refs don't really like to make calls to decide the outcome of the game.

Then I watch chi-phi, and last play of the game dude is driving and there is a foul called against the bulls. Looked to be pretty ticky tack, even if it were in the middle of the game. Yet they called it.

I know officiating in the nba is pretty random and basically up to the ref, and we all accept that. But there should be some type of consistency, or higher precedent set for the end of games when it literally comes down to one possession.

I'm not a fan of either four of those teams, so its not like a really give a damn either way, but its pretty lame to see that type of sloppiness at the end of games, officiating wise. What do you guys think?

mvb815
05-11-2012, 01:50 PM
i don't think any ref would have called that a foul at the end of the atl bos game, it's the players job to at least attempt to get a good look

Wade>You
05-11-2012, 04:35 PM
I would like to see the Bos-Atl play again, but from what I saw, it looked like Joe Johnson went up with the ball in a way that allowed Pierce to get clean block on it. If Joe Johnson had protected the ball better with his hand, Pierce would've made contact with his hand/arm and the foul would've (should've) been called.

davids22
05-11-2012, 04:55 PM
I thought it was a foul at the end of the Boston/Atlanta game, but on closer look, PP just had his hands up, so it was a tough call. Props to the officials for letting them play. JJ should have been looking for a jumper anyways.

MrFastBreak
05-11-2012, 06:46 PM
The playoffs are rigged plain and simple.Joe got fouled,and the foul on Al was a border line flagrant.He still had two fts and choked.The Hawks get no respect from the refs,but thats David Stern for ya.

Piercefan34
05-11-2012, 07:00 PM
The playoffs are rigged plain and simple.Joe got fouled,and the foul on Al was a border line flagrant.He still had two fts and choked.The Hawks get no respect from the refs,but thats David Stern for ya.

i hope for your sake you're kidding lol you'd sound like the biggest idiot if that is honestly what you believe. marquis grabbed Al's arms not a flagrant in the slightest.

MrFastBreak
05-11-2012, 07:42 PM
i hope for your sake you're kidding lol you'd sound like the biggest idiot if that is honestly what you believe. marquis grabbed Al's arms not a flagrant in the slightest.

Disregard that post and though I doubt you will take my word for it, I didn't write that. It was not me, the true owner of the account. Due to my leaving my account open, my housemates are able to have access to my account and post comments. I honestly believe the Celts outplayed the Hawks.

P.S. I dont have to explain myself to you either way.