PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful article on Rondo

JayW_1023
05-11-2012, 07:33 AM
This is why Rondo is my favorite player to watch in the NBA. Like Manu, he just plays with such unique flair. He always does something which blows my mind.

Like Manu isn't the best SG, Rondo isn't the best PG. But he is the most special. He has got the fire.

Anywayz, great read here.

"...his quirky talent must be witnessed to be understood; there are at least four or five times in every game that he does something that no other player can do quite like him. Maybe it's that behind-the-back pass that isn't really a behind-the-back pass, but a fake behind-the-back pass, which freezes a defense, like a Hanna-Barbera cartoon, allowing Rondo to recoil a long arm and drop an easy dish. Maybe it's the way he plunges into heavy traffic toward the basket, full-speed, almost reckless, before emerging on the other side for a layup—a sports car zooming through a covered bridge. Rondo is one of those athletes for whom the action appears to unlock itself a beat-and-a-half faster. He can be exhilarating."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304203604577394332482610896.html

JayW_1023
05-11-2012, 07:37 AM
Being 'the best' is overrated anyway.

Sssmush
05-11-2012, 08:41 AM
I agree Rondo is really amazing.

He is sometimes able to literally walk around on the court while players are flying full speed all around him, and use his quickness and savvy to make a fantastic play. I could say some other things I've noticed about Rondo that make me watch and rewatch his replays in slow motion to understand what he did, or the way he is able to move, but I don't want to be a bore. But he has this ability to move his body which is really incredible... again, not going into details, but some of the moves he makes, I'm just astonished like how did he know how to move his body like that.

blastmasta26
05-11-2012, 08:51 AM
Rondo is amazing to watch sometimes. Although his lack of shooting can be frustrating.

Gram
05-11-2012, 09:51 AM
Rajon Rondo.

MonroeFAN
05-11-2012, 10:05 AM
I think he's the best PG In the league personally.

Nice article.

D-Leethal
05-11-2012, 10:34 AM
Thats a great way to put it. Hes definitely not the best PG but he does things out there nobody else in the league can do. Hes an absolute joy to watch. Almost like a more polished BDiddy the way he busts out Rucker Park type **** in an NBA game. I love great PG play, and watching him dribble with his head up, eyes all over the court, orchestrating and seeing everything is a beautiful thing to watch.

naps
05-11-2012, 10:55 AM
Only if he knew how to shoot to save his life. It would be a beautiful competition between him and CP3. Every aspect of his game is beyond brilliant except shooting (Including FT).

thekmp211
05-11-2012, 10:59 AM
very nice.