PDA

View Full Version : Kg

pedrofan45
05-10-2012, 11:01 PM
What if Garnett played with pierce his whole career? Would you rank him any higher in the all time category?

RealLiveBear
05-10-2012, 11:03 PM
Hard to say, a lot of the reason KG is looked at so high is because of his great play in Minny and his ability to carry that team throughout his entire career there. Who knows what he plays like with another star player his whole career, either way its safe to say he'd be a beast either way.

Sactown
05-10-2012, 11:04 PM
Probably, but Pierce would probably be ranked lower

thekmp211
05-10-2012, 11:07 PM
we all have our opinions. KG's career would have been very different had he been drafted by a real franchise, i think he's the best 4 ever, but that's just me.

Giraffes Rule
05-10-2012, 11:09 PM
Probably. The big knock against KG is that he never elevated his game in the playoffs as the number one guy on a team. If he played alongside someone that does for his whole career, that criticism wouldn't really show up.

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-10-2012, 11:20 PM
Theyd probably have more than 1 championship together.

Longhornfan1234
05-10-2012, 11:27 PM
He would win at least 4.

KG is the greatest PF of all-time.

PleaseBeNice
05-10-2012, 11:55 PM
What if

dmh010
05-11-2012, 12:07 AM
I have him ranked as one of the best PF’s of all time and underrated, so for me no matter who he played with it wouldn’t change my mind. However, if he played with someone of pierce’s caliber his whole career he would have maybe 1 or 2 more rings to his resume. As we all know in the eyes of most people ranking greatness goes hand and hand with the number of rings that player has won. Long story short better teammates equal more rings which then would equal a higher all time ranking.

dmh010
05-11-2012, 12:08 AM
I have him ranked as one of the best PF’s of all time and underrated, so for me no matter who he played with it wouldn’t change my mind. However, if he played with someone of pierce’s caliber his whole career he would have maybe 1 or 2 more rings to his resume. As we all know in the eyes of most people ranking greatness goes hand and hand with the number of rings that player has won. Long story short better teammates equal more rings which then would equal a higher all time ranking.

ManRam
05-11-2012, 12:13 AM
I've always said that if you swapped KD and TD and they had similar success, there's no reason to doubt that KD would be regarded as the better player and perhaps the best PF ever. Team success really matters, and I think a lot of people really forget just how amazing he was on some really awful teams. The only knock on him is that he didn't win early in his career...and aside from maybe one season, he never really could have been expected to win it. He just never had help.

mvb815
05-11-2012, 12:27 AM
pretty vain what if question

what if lebron played with wade his whole career? would he still have no rings?

what if michael jordan decided to be a 4th grade health teacher? would magic johnson change his name to bo jangles?

Facepalm!
05-11-2012, 12:31 AM
Who cares

pedrofan45
05-11-2012, 01:19 AM
pretty vain what if question

what if lebron played with wade his whole career? would he still have no rings?

what if michael jordan decided to be a 4th grade health teacher? would magic johnson change his name to bo jangles?

What if you didn't have such a dumb*** pic for your avatar?

People would probably take you more seriously.

hail2skins4life
05-11-2012, 01:22 AM
well if i think that were the case then they would have more championships. i would think atleast 3 by this point. I mean Pierce got the Celtics to the ECF just like Garnett got the wolves to the WCF and they both had barely any help. So i think they would have more rings So yea I think their legacies would probably be better.

cuz lets face it these days you cant just have a couple of stars to win a ring. most of the contenders this year have a big 3

Bruno
05-11-2012, 01:30 AM
vintage performance by KG tonight.

thekmp211
05-11-2012, 01:59 AM
http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/paul-flannery/2012/05/11/kevin-garnetts-signature-celtics-moment

nice bit on his play, and some great comments from KG's presser regarding his age, reputation and motivation this season.

he has been healthier this year than the past 2, and this was the best game he's played in years. truly is the heart and soul of the team, his defensive ability is truly remarkable and the offense was vintage tonight.

Swashcuff
05-11-2012, 07:19 AM
Probably. The big knock against KG is that he never elevated his game in the playoffs as the number one guy on a team. If he played alongside someone that does for his whole career, that criticism wouldn't really show up.

On the offensive end this was tie but from a defensive standpoint not so much. No Western Conference PF really got the upper hand on KG in the post season.

blastmasta26
05-11-2012, 08:46 AM
I've always said that if you swapped KD and TD and they had similar success, there's no reason to doubt that KD would be regarded as the better player and perhaps the best PF ever. Team success really matters, and I think a lot of people really forget just how amazing he was on some really awful teams. The only knock on him is that he didn't win early in his career...and aside from maybe one season, he never really could have been expected to win it. He just never had help.

I highly doubt Kevin Durant would have had the same success as Duncan :p

Heatcheck
05-11-2012, 09:46 AM
he's already pretty high up

Patman
05-11-2012, 11:05 AM
On the offensive end this was tie but from a defensive standpoint not so much. No Western Conference PF really got the upper hand on KG in the post season.

Yeah because that other PF in the West was such a slouch on defense that he managed to set the record for shots blocked in a finals series........ Oh and his head to head stats are pretty even you know but clearly KG was the way better defender.

I Rock Shaqs
05-11-2012, 11:14 AM
KG Definetl would have his number retired, but i doubt Pierce would be regarded as higha s he is if KG played there his whole career, and what about Ray Ray

Jumi
05-11-2012, 11:19 AM
If they played together I think they both would be regarded as high, if not highly as they are now. They've been playing well together since they been together so I can imagine a similar run if Doc was the coach. They show up to play every game and they play hard. They win some and lose some but they come back every year ready to play again! I can see sustained success like my Spurs.
D Wade and Lebron had to team up to have a chance against them in the East! Cant wait for the ECFs!

LakersIn5
05-11-2012, 01:23 PM

its hard to switch kd and td because duncan has played 15 years compared to durants 5 years :P

topdog
05-11-2012, 01:44 PM
we all have our opinions. KG's career would have been very different had he been drafted by a real franchise, i think he's the best 4 ever, but that's just me.

Dude, seriously no reason to go there.

No way is he the best 4 ever either. He re-defined the 4 but I'm not sure that that necessarily was a good thing.

Finally, why are we talking Pierce when Allen was actually drafted to play with KG only to be traded for Marbury? That's the one I often think about.

THE MTL
05-11-2012, 04:02 PM
I think they might win one more championship but nothing else would change.

Actually, it might hurt him because KG put up magnificent numbers in Minny and led that team as 'the man' which all elevated his status as an NBA player. And he still eventually won the championship with Boston.

So no, it does nothing in my opinion.

thekmp211
05-12-2012, 04:39 PM
Dude, seriously no reason to go there.

No way is he the best 4 ever either. He re-defined the 4 but I'm not sure that that necessarily was a good thing.

Finally, why are we talking Pierce when Allen was actually drafted to play with KG only to be traded for Marbury? That's the one I often think about.

don't misunderstand my words here. i have no animosity towards minny or the timberwolves. but you're blind if you think the mchale era wolves were run at any sort of professionally acceptable level. even their dealings with KG were amateurish and short sited.

re: the position, you're certainly entitled to your opinion. i think that higher levels of skill at every position are always preferable. it's not like he was dirk, a guy who forfeits the strengths of being a 7 footer by playing on the perimeter. perhaps the league trended too far towards the complete-game, athletic big man. but that doesn't mean his complete game was lacking. the only knock on kg was his "ability to take over" which has been proven wrong time and again including the other night. skill wise, i think he has no peers. and his championship resume suffered highly because he played for a poorly run franchise.

the wolves are like my 2nd favorite team and i follow them closely. love k-love and rubio. wasn't a shot at the city. but that front office was atrocious.