PDA

View Full Version : Where do you think Nash should go?

JasonJohnHorn
05-10-2012, 06:48 PM
I know there are a couple of Nash threads right now, but everybody seems to have an opinion on this and nobody has put out a poll yet. The poll is a simple multple choice, but I really want to hear WHY you guys are making your choices. I'm keeping a short list up there, because lets face, teams like the Pistons and the Bucks really aren't in this conversation, and come contenders (OKC, Chi-town) already have a PG.

So here goes....

JasonJohnHorn
05-10-2012, 06:50 PM
FAWK!!!! I forgot to put NY in there... could a moderator please fix that for me, take out ATL and put in NY.

greg_ory_2005
05-10-2012, 06:52 PM
Your thread question and poll question are different.

ManRam
05-10-2012, 06:56 PM
Added NYK and "other"

I have no idea. I want to see him ring-chase honestly...but him going to Toronto would be cool.

llemon
05-10-2012, 06:59 PM
Denver or Pacers, although I'd like to see what he could do for the Timberwolves.

Mr Costanza
05-10-2012, 07:01 PM
I don't know where he should go but I'm sure he will follow the money.

popo85
05-10-2012, 07:02 PM
Everyone should be voting for there team, even at his old age Nash is still one of the best and most productive PGs...

beasted86
05-10-2012, 07:04 PM
I seriously think he could push ATL to a top 2 team in the East.

There offense is that bad, and he'd improve it that much. Not only by managing the offense, but by shooting. I haven't looked at the stats, but I feel like they are one of the weaker 3PT shooting teams in the league. They are also one of the few teams that has the defenders to cover him up.

But I think they are really high on developing Teague.

Ebbs
05-10-2012, 07:07 PM
ATL would give him a chance to go to a team who was competing where he could have a huge impact. I don't know if they could win but he will get very little credit if he won a ring with say the heat.

5ass
05-10-2012, 07:23 PM
Nash should be salivating at the idea of playing alongside Dwight, and all our 3 pt shooters.

llemon
05-10-2012, 07:29 PM
Nash should be salivating at the idea of playing alongside Dwight, and all our 3 pt shooters.

I'm sure Nash wants to play 2nd string to an incredibly immature psychopath.

torocan
05-10-2012, 07:34 PM
i'm sure nash wants to play 2nd string to an incredibly immature psychopath.

roflmao :d:d

STA_PLAR
05-10-2012, 07:40 PM
ny pleasseeeeee lol

5ass
05-10-2012, 07:40 PM
I'm sure Nash wants to play 2nd string to an incredibly immature psychopath.

psychopath? Is he also a murderer and a rapist?

Actually, sources tell me Dwight is also terrorist. Keep buying into the media.

Dwight is immature, but Nash is the kind of great PG that will look at the roster we have and see a perfect fit. From a basketball perspective, it makes a lot of sense.

JasonJohnHorn
05-10-2012, 07:41 PM
I put NY myself, because I think they are a team that is a strong leader away from contending. They would also need to work on depth in the offseason, but the draft and a couple of vet-mins could fix that problem.

That said, I think the second best option for Nash is ATL. I know they really aren't in the conversation, but Joe Johnson played some great ball around Nash in Phoenix. Nash is really the guy that helped him jumpstart his career, and I think Nash would make him look like he's worth the contract he signed on off. The important thing in this though would be keep Josh Smith. With Al Horford and Zaza and Smith in the front court, there are some serious rebounders there, and some hard-nosed defence as well. Tegue is a good player, and I think having Nash as a mentor would be of great help to him improving his game even if he has to take a step back in terms of minutes to let Nash get his share of ball time. ATL is a great fit.

That said, the Spurs are also a soldi fit because they play team ball and always make the extra pass to the open man. I think Nash would thrive with that team, even if it means that he and Parker have to split minutes, but I think Pop could pull off having them on the court at the same time for a few minutes a game.

kobemelo
05-10-2012, 07:42 PM
IF they don't win this year, Miami

JasonJohnHorn
05-10-2012, 07:42 PM
If you're going to show nude pics, at least make it boobs... i really don't need to see a penis, I have one of my own to look at.

JasonJohnHorn
05-10-2012, 07:43 PM
Why are there so many penises in this thread! GAWD!!! FAWK!!! We are here to talk about basketball!

llemon
05-10-2012, 07:47 PM
psychopath? Is he also a murderer and a rapist?

Actually, sources tell me Dwight is also terrorist. Keep buying into the media.

Dwight is immature, but Nash is the kind of great PG that will look at the roster we have and see a perfect fit. From a basketball perspective, it makes a lot of sense.

Maybe from your perspective. But obviously, your perspective doesn't realize that Dwight is an incredibly egotistical psychopath, so your perspective really doesn't count for much.

justinnum1
05-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Why are there so many penises in this thread! GAWD!!! FAWK!!! We are here to talk about basketball!

you about to get a ban....dont quote that

ThunderousDemon
05-10-2012, 07:52 PM

I wouldn't quote that unless you want to get banned

5ass
05-10-2012, 07:54 PM
Maybe from your perspective. But obviously, your perspective doesn't realize that Dwight is an incredibly egotistical psychopath, so your perspective really doesn't count for much.

and ur cocky attitude makes ur prespective credible? He's not more egotistical than the other NBA stars these days. Funny, his maturity and ego were never a problem before this season when he actually had a decent team around him. He's as egotistical and immature as any NBA star. Only difference is what he's disgruntled with the situation his team is in.

llemon
05-10-2012, 08:07 PM
and ur cocky attitude makes ur prespective credible? He's not more egotistical than the other NBA stars these days. Funny, his maturity and ego were never a problem before this season when he actually had a decent team around him. He's as egotistical and immature as any NBA star. Only difference is what he's disgruntled with the situation his team is in.

Which of these psychopathic traits do not fit Dwight?

Callous, dishonest, arrogant, aggressive, impulsive, irresponsible, hedonistic.

5ass
05-10-2012, 08:22 PM
Which of these psychopathic traits do not fit Dwight?

Callous, dishonest, arrogant, aggressive, impulsive, irresponsible, hedonistic.

Im glad u got to know the guy so well and spent time with him before judging him and throwing out his "traits".

Man, wth are u talking about ur basing most of this on articles coming from "sources" which may or may not be true.

Im not going to defend dwight, fact is his incredible play offsets any negatives he has done off the court, and u can be damn sure any player, coach, team would love to have Dwight alongside them. At the end of the day, like many other players, all he did was ask for a trade. He didnt rape a kid or slaughter people. Stop trying to turn him into a burden on mankind.

Oldmantrash
05-10-2012, 08:31 PM
Im glad u got to know the guy so well and spent time with him before judging him and throwing out his "traits".

Man, wth are u talking about ur basing most of this on articles coming from "sources" which may or may not be true.

Im not going to defend dwight, fact is his incredible play offsets any negatives he has done off the court, and u can be damn sure any player, coach, team would love to have Dwight alongside them. At the end of the day, like many other players, all he did was ask for a trade. He didnt rape a kid or slaughter people. Stop trying to turn him into a burden on mankind.

llemon knows , besides his love for Kris Humphries, he's rarely wrong.
Dwight has issues, a lot.

blastmasta26
05-10-2012, 08:31 PM
If Nash does ring chase, I hope he signs with a contender where he gets starter minutes.

Many of the second tier Eastern Conference playoff teams (Indiana, Orlando, NY, Atlanta) could greatly benefit from Nash.

DaLyingofJungl3
05-10-2012, 08:35 PM
its between the Orlando Magic and New York Knicks

-pick n roll with Howard
-creating easy shots for Amare & Melo

5ass
05-10-2012, 08:39 PM

I can find negatives (in character) in almost any star player.

LAKobeBryant
05-10-2012, 08:42 PM
another thread...........

iam brett favre
05-10-2012, 08:43 PM
Utah. Give that team a PG like Nash...:speechless:

JasonJohnHorn
05-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Utah. Give that team a PG like Nash...:speechless:

Hmmm.... I hadn't thought about that... it just may work! And he could win them the title that Stocton never did and get his number retired alongside Stockton and Pistol Pete.

akesh99
05-10-2012, 08:46 PM
I voted Dallas. I'd reeeaally hate for Nash to join a team like Miami to chase a ring. IMO he can still do that in Dallas but more honourably. If not Dallas he should sign with the Raps and retire with us

llemon
05-10-2012, 08:48 PM
I can find negatives (in character) in almost any star player.

Of course you can.

But how many can compare to Dwight's display this season

D12 fan
05-10-2012, 08:49 PM
He would be perfect with Atlanta would fit that old suns team when they had a lot of athletes.

Hawks 06 Suns
pg:Nash pg:Nash
sg:Johnson sg:Johnson
sf:Williams sf:Qrich
pf:Jsmoove pf:Marion
c:Horford c:Amare

naps
05-10-2012, 08:57 PM
He needs a ring now. That's the only hole he has on his legacy. He should go to a team that is a legitimate contender, plays great defense, and can use him as a starter. And if he has one or two guys to dish out some sexy lobs a game that's a bonus for basketball lovers ;)

FreakaNashur
05-10-2012, 08:59 PM
He needs a ring now. That's the only hole he has on his legacy. He should go to a team that is a legitimate contender, plays great defense, and can use him as a starter. And if he has one or two guys to dish out some sexy lobs a game that's a bonus for basketball lovers ;)

lebron and wade.

there i said it.

mdm692
05-10-2012, 09:00 PM
New york and Miami really dont have a chance its between Phoenix, Chicago, Orlando, Dallas, Atlanta, and Los Angeles. The reason I put Chicago on that list is because CJ Watson's value has skyrocketed this season and will probably sign somewhere else and with Rose likely out for a big part of the season they will need somebody to run their offense.

llemon
05-10-2012, 09:01 PM

Who would have been your preferred PF signing for the Nets this passed season?

iam brett favre
05-10-2012, 09:01 PM
Hmmm.... I hadn't thought about that... it just may work! And he could win them the title that Stocton never did and get his number retired alongside Stockton and Pistol Pete.

:nod:
Seriously I can't even find the words to describe how happy I'd be if they signed him.

TheNumber37
05-10-2012, 09:08 PM
okc. westbrook needs to play the 2.

dtmagnet
05-10-2012, 09:15 PM
I'm a Toronto fan, so naturally I voted Toronto.

Ironman5219
05-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Utah!!!! Imagin what he and Favors could do!!!!!!

Nica
05-10-2012, 09:28 PM
Chicago makes sense- with their dynamic leader hurt and that awesome interior D. No-one would be able to say boo when he gets torched off the dribble and there is help down low in the paint. Always drove me crazy to watch STAT move out of the way and feebly attempt to block a shot from the side or behind.
The big problem in both LA and Miami is that their franchise players like to play with the ball in their hands. Nash needs to have the ball to weave his magic. I know the Knicks need to shed some dollars and I believe his twins and their mother still live in NY ? A reunion with STAT might make STAT feel more relevant again but it really doesn't bring Nash closer to a ring.

That being said Nash certainly dances to the beat of his own drummer and it wouldn't shock me if he pulled a rabbit out of his pocket and did the unexpected.

flatbush knicks
05-10-2012, 09:34 PM
this isn't really even a question the knicks duh why would nash go anywhere else

5ass
05-10-2012, 09:51 PM
Who would have been your preferred PF signing for the Nets this passed season?

A nets fan? No wonder llemon is so "sour" about this Dwight situation. :rimshot:

llemon
05-10-2012, 09:54 PM
A nets fan? No wonder llemon is so "sour" about this Dwight situation. :rimshot:

I'm sure you appreciate getting a rimshot.

5ass
05-10-2012, 09:56 PM
I'm sure you appreciate getting a rimshot.

very pleased.

mdm692
05-10-2012, 09:58 PM
Chicago makes sense- with their dynamic leader hurt and that awesome interior D. No-one would be able to say boo when he gets torched off the dribble and there is help down low in the paint. Always drove me crazy to watch STAT move out of the way and feebly attempt to block a shot from the side or behind.
The big problem in both LA and Miami is that their franchise players like to play with the ball in their hands. Nash needs to have the ball to weave his magic. I know the Knicks need to shed some dollars and I believe his twins and their mother still live in NY ? A reunion with STAT might make STAT feel more relevant again but it really doesn't bring Nash closer to a ring.

That being said Nash certainly dances to the beat of his own drummer and it wouldn't shock me if he pulled a rabbit out of his pocket and did the unexpected.
Charlotte bobcats?? :confused:

But on the real the more I think the about it the more the lakers make sense. Lets look at their situation kobe and gasol are their best play makers. Kobe and gasol are also their more versatile scorers. If the lakers sign nash they can completely take the play making responsibilities off gasol and kobe meaning they become pure scorers and kobe will have ALOT of wide open shots. I cant imagine teams not double teaming nash or kobe when they penetrate the lane and even if they dont then either guy can just finish at the rim or off the dribble. With that being said I would hate for this to happen but it wouldnt be fair for the nba.

llemon
05-10-2012, 09:58 PM
very pleased.

Judging by your handle, you like them 5 at a time.

5ass
05-10-2012, 10:01 PM
Judging by your handle, you like them 5 at a time.

ur joke failed the 1st time.

j11430
05-10-2012, 10:06 PM
I think Miami makes the most sense. They have all that offensive explosiveness, all they need is a real distributor. He'd only be there a year or two, but that's all he'd need to win a title there.

IndyRealist
05-10-2012, 10:06 PM

For half a season until they trade Howard because he won't sign an extension?

IndyRealist
05-10-2012, 10:08 PM
I think Miami makes the most sense. They have all that offensive explosiveness, all they need is a real distributor. He'd only be there a year or two, but that's all he'd need to win a title there.

But they already have issues with Lebron and Wade both having to play without the ball. To maximize Nash, you have to put the ball in his hands every time.

Where Nash could really help that team is as a spot up shooter. Probably the most underrated shooter in the league because his passing overshadows it.

llemon
05-10-2012, 10:09 PM
ur joke failed the 1st time.

I realize it's not a joke to you, 5ass

uprightciti
05-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Doesnt. Anyone else realize that.Nash.has.been.destined to be.a.knick.for.a.long.time

2x MVP
Dpoy
2x all stars
And insanity

If my.Knicks.don't get it.done.like.that.I.will.become a.cricket fan

RealLiveBear
05-10-2012, 10:58 PM
OKC!!!

Hey, a guy can dream...

:shrug:

kntresistheheat
05-10-2012, 11:20 PM
If he wants to win a ring-Miami

If he wants money-Raptors

If he wants to be loyal-Suns

Cal827
05-10-2012, 11:28 PM
As a Raptor fan, I would love him to help develop the younger talent (JV and I would hope we would draft a Pg if he is on our list), but I think Miami is the better choice if he wants to win.

1. I am aware they have two ball dominant players, but I was thinking that he would be more involved in the secondary rotation. As he plays to win, I don't think he would mind if he doesn't have the ball right off the bat, and has to play more like a spot shooter (maybe right off the bench if they want a defensive 1 with LBJ/Wade).

2. This gets to my second point. I think on the secondary unit, he could really help Bosh, who's offensive game seems off since leaving Toronto (I'm aware he went from 1st-3rd option on the move, but he still looks like he's regressed a little on the O). In Toronto, Bosh benefited from having a pass first PG in Jose Calderon. Calderon would hand him the ball when he's properly set up or right at the net, which lead to his monster stats here. With the best passer in the game on the team, I would think when Lebron/Wade need time off, Bosh would really shine as Nash would be looking to get him the ball in excellent situations for the most part.

Should be interesting. If Nash does come to Toronto though, Miami might get a poor mans version of Nash anyways in Calderon (amnesty or buy-out could be possible, depending on how we work the draft).

oak2455
05-10-2012, 11:49 PM
Doesnt. Anyone else realize that.Nash.has.been.destined to be.a.knick.for.a.long.time

2x MVP
Dpoy
2x all stars
And insanity

If my.Knicks.don't get it.done.like.that.I.will.become a.cricket fan

:clap::clap::speechless::speechless:

Mr_Amaziing
05-11-2012, 12:03 AM
Okc

*Silver&Black*
05-11-2012, 12:11 AM
Prediction:

Mike D'Antoni - the NEW Head Coach of the Atlanta Hawks

Steve Nash follows.....

Nash/Teague 6th man
Joe
Marvin
Smith
Horford

kobemelo
05-11-2012, 02:29 AM
Prediction:

Mike D'Antoni - the NEW Head Coach of the Atlanta Hawks

Steve Nash follows.....

Nash/Teague 6th man
Joe
Marvin
Smith
Horford

hmm.. you could be onto something here. This is a nice fit

faridk89
05-11-2012, 02:41 AM
first I thought this was an NHL poll, but my answer still stands for the same question but a different nash :p

Jumi
05-11-2012, 09:54 AM
Chicago! Nash needs to go to a team with an identity and that plays defense! Does anyone think the Bulls will be a top 3 seed next season while D Rose gets healthy! The season starts in late October. They need to hit the ground running while D Rose gets heathy and back in form. I can't see him being fully recovered and primed until the All Star break. Imagine PnR with Nash and Boozer or Nash and Noah. Finding Deng at his spots on the floor! Their defense will help Nash because it's so good and they play team basketball! Nash isn't a idiot! If he wanted the money, he'd stay with the Suns. This is a ring chase! Oh yeah, Nash with an on time pass to Rip after he runs around those screens for a quick, in rythme jump shot! This is too easy of a fit!!!

WAYNEBO
05-11-2012, 02:51 PM
NYK loves you Steve Nash. You, Steve Nash loves NYK.

Rain City
05-11-2012, 03:01 PM
Steve Nash is one of the best offensive PGs of all time partly because he saves his energy on the defensive end, he has never made it to the finals, i think you think he is a missing piece to a finals run it should be as a backup where he can come off the bench and give you runs, but I dont see him being a starting PG anywhere next year and being able to get a team to the finals. No way.

He should go to Toronto, finish out a brilliant career and bring some popularity to the sport in Canada.

JPHX
05-11-2012, 03:13 PM
http://arizonasports.com/41/1539969/Report-Suns-likely-to-offer-Nash-deal-for-20-million

Sources say Phoenix will likely offer Steve Nash two years, $20 million. However, I think Nash leaves money on the table to join contender. -Alex Kennedy

still think he stays in phx

SluggeR
05-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Nash+Superman would be amazing. Me personally, I want him and Lin to form the United Nations PG Duo and take New York to that other Level.

JPHX
05-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Nash+Superman would be amazing. Me personally, I want him and Lin to form the United Nations PG Duo and take New York to that other Level.

would Melo be willing to play off the ball?

meloman1592
05-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Chicago! Nash needs to go to a team with an identity and that plays defense! Does anyone think the Bulls will be a top 3 seed next season while D Rose gets healthy! The season starts in late October. They need to hit the ground running while D Rose gets heathy and back in form. I can't see him being fully recovered and primed until the All Star break. Imagine PnR with Nash and Boozer or Nash and Noah. Finding Deng at his spots on the floor! Their defense will help Nash because it's so good and they play team basketball! Nash isn't a idiot! If he wanted the money, he'd stay with the Suns. This is a ring chase! Oh yeah, Nash with an on time pass to Rip after he runs around those screens for a quick, in rythme jump shot! This is too easy of a fit!!!

or maybe...just maybe....you want nash to go to the bulls

THE MTL
05-11-2012, 03:52 PM
Orlando (great fit) but it is too much uncertainty and off-court drama right now.

Atlanta (I voted this one, see im not a homer). He would be a pretty fit in Atlanta. Add Nash to their current roster with Smith-Johnson-Teague-Horford and they will be contenders.

New York. Nash added to NYC. Bringing his leadership and chemistry with Amare and much needed guard help would make NYC instant contenders too. However, he would have to take a steep discount (vet min most likely) and I doubt it.

EricU812
05-11-2012, 03:57 PM
Depends where D-Ant goes.

He's rumored for Orlando, so I guess that makes sense. However, I could possibly see a return to Dallas.

Ill21
05-11-2012, 04:03 PM
Sheridan thinks Nash is going to NY

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/01/17/where-will-steve-nash-play-next-season/

D12 fan
05-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Well Broussard just reported that Nash is interested in 2 teams Utah and Orlando,he said NY is out of the mix because he said Nash doesn't think he would fit with Melo.

Shareeb_omac2
05-11-2012, 08:55 PM
He should go to the Thunder. Then, the Thunder should trade Westbrook for picks and young talent. This would give them a better PG, depth/role players, and ensure cap room to resign Harden.

Nash
Harden
Durant
Ibaka
Perkins

deaner
05-11-2012, 09:27 PM
He should go to the Thunder. Then, the Thunder should trade Westbrook for picks and young talent. This would give them a better PG, depth/role players, and ensure cap room to resign Harden.

Nash
Harden
Durant
Ibaka
Perkins

Tell me how that works financially.

Shareeb_omac2
05-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Nash would be cheaper then Westbrook... If Nash joins a contending team it's going to come at a discounted price in my hypothetical suggestion.

Trueblue2
05-12-2012, 02:10 AM
He could make Utah really good. Pick and rolls all day with Milsap, Favors, and Jefferson.

Sinestro
05-12-2012, 02:26 AM
Pacers

Mr_Amaziing
05-12-2012, 02:47 AM
He'll fit in Great in Orlando 'if' Howard stays