PDA

View Full Version : How would Nash fit into Miami's offense?

CoffeeJanitor
05-10-2012, 05:27 PM
I see people throwing around the idea of Nash coming to Miami a lot. I don't really see the sense in it. Nash, LeBron and Wade all need the ball in their hands to be effective. You already have some issues with LeBron and Wade being redundant, wouldn't adding Nash to the situation make even less sense?

Chacarron
05-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Yes.

Kashmir13579
05-10-2012, 05:30 PM
I think Wade and Lebron could make it work because of their versatility. But this is why I think Nash to the Knicks makes absolutely no sense.

DitchDat
05-10-2012, 05:31 PM
Actually he'd be perfect fit. He can pass + shoot 3's like crazy. He could bring the ball up and be the titular point guard, but he would end up being more of a spot-up 3-point shooter, which would extend his career even more.

I know it's easy to say "Wade, LeBron and Nash all need the ball", but Nash actually makes sense.

ManRam
05-10-2012, 05:33 PM
I think Nash is the type of guy that can fit in anywhere. He's been around long enough, and he's versatile enough to fit in. LeBron and Wade are great with the ball in their hand, and they often need it in their hands, but Nash is great both on and off the ball. He'd be as much of a knock-down shooter as anyone on the team at the very least. He wouldn't rack up 10+ assists a game in Miami, and the offense wouldn't run through him all the time, but he can still most certainly fit in.

His ability to shoot makes him a perfect fit. Do the Heat NEED a PG that can create at an elite level? No. But it certainly won't be a detriment, again, especially because he can score, shoot and understands the concept of team basketball.

mvb815
05-10-2012, 05:34 PM
nash will probably thrive more with one of the 2 superstars on the bench, regardless i don't think they'll expect much out of him.

ryang
05-10-2012, 05:34 PM
thank u.. i know you hate the heat but good job taking that anger and hatred outta this.. spot up 3 point shooter and extending his career all while getting a ring was spot on..

justinnum1
05-10-2012, 05:35 PM
he would get wade and bron easy looks, bron can focus on his post game, wade his cutting and nash would space the floor very well. it would be an amazing fit.

Mr Costanza
05-10-2012, 05:38 PM
It would be a great fit for Miami.

Side note - If somehow the heat don't win this year adding Nash would damage lebrons image even further.

ryang
05-10-2012, 05:42 PM
^ pretty sure you mean his image on the iternet..

JasonJohnHorn
05-10-2012, 05:45 PM
Nash would not handle the ball as much, but what he would do is provide great leadership coupled with his excellent shooting. He'd essentially become a shooting-point guard. But with the open looks he'd get, he'd be worth it. That said, you'd be giving up a little on the defensive end with Nash. Chamlbers is not as good a shooter or even passer for that matter, but he works hard on defence and I think the Heat want to maintain their high level of defence.

That said, I hope Nash doesn't go to Miami... I want to see him win, but not there... please god no! lol

He'd do better in NY. If Nash could make a guy like Quiten Richardson look so good in Phoenix, imagine what he could do for Melo!

And the Heat would still have a gaping hole in the middle! They NEED a center more than they need a PG. With Wade and James doing the ball handling, there isn't that much for the PG on the floor to do other than shoot.

celtNYpatsHeels
05-10-2012, 05:46 PM
Wait, Miami has an offensive system?

Mr Costanza
05-10-2012, 05:46 PM
^ pretty sure you mean his image on the iternet..

Pretty sure that's not what I meant..

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Better question would be, how Nash would fit into #kobesystem;)

Facepalm!
05-10-2012, 05:51 PM
He's a better fit for the Knicks imo

justinnum1
05-10-2012, 05:52 PM
Wait, Miami has an offensive system?

Who does? Every team has a few plays they run and there are several triggers. Mostly is just pick and roll action.

spurs-pick and roll
celtics-pick and roll, rondo creating
miami-pick and roll, bron creating, high post with bosh
okc-westbrook, durant, and harden
lakers-give it to their bigs, pick and roll, and kobe creating/shooting
clippers-pick and roll, cp3 creating
mem-who knows?

Master Mind
05-10-2012, 05:52 PM
I think Nash is the type of guy that can fit in anywhere. He's been around long enough, and he's versatile enough to fit in. LeBron and Wade are great with the ball in their hand, and they often need it in their hands, but Nash is great both on and off the ball. He'd be as much of a knock-down shooter as anyone on the team at the very least. He wouldn't rack up 10+ assists a game in Miami, and the offense wouldn't run through him all the time, but he can still most certainly fit in.

His ability to shoot makes him a perfect fit. Do the Heat NEED a PG that can create at an elite level? No. But it certainly won't be a detriment, again, especially because he can score, shoot and understands the concept of team basketball.

Your sig :laugh:

king4day
05-10-2012, 05:58 PM
If Miami wins it all this year, they probably have no reason to take that chance of blowing up chemistry with him.
But if they don't, it makes all the sense in the world. Adjust the system to let Nash run the PnR with Bosh and Lebron. If it doesn't work then give it to Wade or Lebron to go to work. But let the ball start in Nash's hands all the time. He's smart enough to make it work.

sep11ie
05-10-2012, 06:14 PM
How will Nash pass to someone that is constantly flopping around on the floor.

justinnum1
05-10-2012, 06:18 PM
Quite a few mad people in here.

gcoll
05-10-2012, 06:22 PM
Run Nash and Lebron in the 2 man game.

beasted86
05-10-2012, 06:24 PM
Wade needs the ball to be effective? Have you watched him play the past two seasons or what?

Anyway, Nash could fit. I still don't see him signing in Miami. Winning a championship doesn't seem to be a priority of his. No offense to Nash.

nirvana235
05-10-2012, 06:26 PM
Hmm... having a HOF point guard added to your team, not a good fit?... REALLY?

Raph12
05-10-2012, 06:33 PM
First you have two guys who need the ball (Lebron and Wade) and now they want a third... They'd be better off with Jason Terry.

eibbor
05-10-2012, 06:36 PM
I think he'd fit in fine just about anywhere. He's a smart skilled veteran. I don't think his talent would be fully taken advantage in Miami though & they would be better off going the Center route. Just my opinion.

justinnum1
05-10-2012, 06:38 PM
I think he'd fit in fine just about anywhere. He's a smart skilled veteran. I don't think his talent would be fully taken advantage in Miami though & they would be better off going the Center route. Just my opinion.

What center could we sign for 3mil?

Evolution23
05-10-2012, 06:39 PM
Multiple championships. With that said, I would have to stop watching NBA if Nash goes to the MIA

eibbor
05-10-2012, 06:45 PM
What center could we sign for 3mil?

That has nothing to do with the question. I was just stating my opinion that you would be better off beefing up the middle than getting a PG. From the games I've seen lately, which is all the playoff games, I'd be more than happy with what I'm getting outta Chalmers.

But as far as your question to me... Hell if I know, I'm not your GM. But you could always start with amnesty on M Milllers broke ***. That ought to free up a little more money to work with.

JC_
05-10-2012, 06:46 PM
First you have two guys who need the ball (Lebron and Wade) and now they want a third... They'd be better off with Jason Terry.

**** Jason Terry

beasted86
05-10-2012, 06:55 PM
That has nothing to do with the question. I was just stating my opinion that you would be better off beefing up the middle than getting a PG. From the games I've seen lately, which is all the playoff games, I'd be more than happy with what I'm getting outta Chalmers.

But as far as your question to me... Hell if I know, I'm not your GM. But you could always start with amnesty on M Milllers broke ***. That ought to free up a little more money to work with.

Using the amnesty on Mike Miller still wouldn't allow the HEAT to use the $5M MLE. The only MLE Miami will have this summer is the $3M tax payer mid-level.

I'd rather spend that $3M on Nash or Billups or Hinrich or Felton or Andre Miller or any quality PG available than waste it on a Ryan Hollins type, because that's all you're going to get for $3M when Kwame Brown is getting $7M.

eibbor
05-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Using the amnesty on Mike Miller still wouldn't allow the HEAT to use the $5M MLE. The only MLE Miami will have this summer is the $3M tax payer mid-level.

I'd rather spend that $3M on Nash or Billups or Hinrich or Felton or Andre Miller or any quality PG available than waste it on a Ryan Hollins type, because that's all you're going to get for $3M when Kwame Brown is getting $7M.

Well, I don't know who is even available center-wise. Wasn't trying to get under anybodys skin. I was just saying it would seem out of anything it's your inside game that is lacking.

Also, I did say Nash would be fine, but that I don't think his talents would be best used. Nash would do fine there. A healthy Billups might even be better really. He doesn't need the ball in his hands all the time and can match up against 2 guards. Again, if he's healthy.

You guys know more about your cap and who is available. I'm honestly not sure who is available, but I'm sure whoever is would be willing to take a hit pay wise, especially if you win it with pretty much nobody in the middle besides Haslem.

edit: Oh I forgot... Are you guys not ok with Chalmers? The guy seems just fine in your system to me.

Gibby
05-10-2012, 07:10 PM
heat need a center or bench depth more. nash wouldn't hurt them but they have bigger needs.

eibbor
05-10-2012, 07:11 PM
Ok I just looked up who is available. Not much lol Maybe Samuel Dalembert would take a hit. Theres always Kurt Thomas, he's only like 45. lol

beasted86
05-10-2012, 07:13 PM
I think Chalmers is just fine... it's that we have nothing if he gets injured.

Norris Cole has some physical tools but he's not ready to contribute, and really didn't deserve the backup spot he was handed this season. And BTW, I understand what you are talking about with the Center need, but there really isn't much available in that price range. Maybe an older vet like Jermaine O'Neal, Nazr Mohammed or something like that.

But at the end of the day, the point I was making (and I think justin agrees) is that Nash or a quality PG will probably provide more positives than an over the hill Center.

EDIT: If Dalembert said taking the $5M mid-level would be tough, what do you think he thinks about the $3M MLE (see: not happening) :laugh:

eibbor
05-10-2012, 07:18 PM
I think Chalmers is just fine... it's that we have nothing if he gets injured.

Norris Cole has some physical tools but he's not ready to contribute, and really didn't deserve the backup spot he was handed this season. And BTW, I understand what you are talking about with the Center need, but there really isn't much available in that price range. Maybe an older vet like Jermaine O'Neal, Nazr Mohammed or something like that.

But at the end of the day, the point I was making (and I think justin agrees) is that Nash or a quality PG will probably provide more positives than an over the hill Center.

EDIT: If Dalembert said taking the $5M mid-level would be tough, what do you think he thinks about the $3M MLE (see: not happening) :laugh:

Yeah, when I looked up what is available I can see the limited options center wise.

If Dalembert took the 5, you would still be kinda screwed depth wise at PG.

I can't wait to see round 2, as a Pacers fan. If you guys have no problem with what he have inside this might not even be an issue in the offseason. But if it proves to be a serious issue things could potentially get interesting.

edit: and I'm talking about what happens in the offseason not what happens in the series

_KB24_
05-10-2012, 07:24 PM
It would be a good fit but he wouldn't be able to play at his optimum level there. I think New York makes the most sense for both Nash and the organization.

justinnum1
05-10-2012, 07:27 PM
rio actually steps his game up in the playoffs, but nash is nash...dude is lights out from 3 and would avg over 7 ast here, rio avg like 3 ast.

5ass
05-10-2012, 07:29 PM
They dont need Nash, and i dont want to see nash in miami. It will only limit his game. They should go after Jason Kidd, but really the Heat need a C MUCH more than they need a PG.

Fnom11
05-10-2012, 11:13 PM
Nash is elite in every single offensive category. How would that not help the Heat? He's a better passer, 3pt shooter, shooter, slasher, ability to create for other than almost 90% of the NBA and especially Chalmers/Cole. I love Chalmers but Nash is better than him offensively.

As for defense it wouldn't be a big deal. Lebron Wade Bosh can carry the load defensively.

I don't see how he doesn't fit.

rockbottom2010
05-10-2012, 11:20 PM
nash and terry wants to go to miami...they would both fit perfectly...lebron or wade don't need to play point

flatbush knicks
05-10-2012, 11:48 PM
whats wrong with the heat why do they need steve nash are they scared lebron an wade cant hold it down

ManRam
05-11-2012, 12:00 AM

Nash doesn't NEED the ball. Nash could fill a Jason Terry role on the Heat better than Jason Terry could.

ManRam
05-11-2012, 12:01 AM
whats wrong with the heat why do they need steve nash are they scared lebron an wade cant hold it down

I don't think anyone is insinuating they are scared...or even that they NEED him.

But if they have a shot to sign him, why shouldn't they? The goal every off season is to get better, and if they think signing him makes them better than of course they should do it.

BKLYNpigeon
05-11-2012, 12:24 AM
wade, lebron, and nash needs the ball to be effective. in the NBA theres only one ball.

thephoenixson28
05-11-2012, 12:28 AM
Nash can run the offense, and also be that spot up shooter. I actually think Nash fits perfect with Miami.

BKLYNpigeon
05-11-2012, 12:30 AM
Nash has too much pride, I dont think he will sign with Miami.

kobemelo
05-11-2012, 04:36 AM
Actually he'd be perfect fit. He can pass + shoot 3's like crazy. He could bring the ball up and be the titular point guard, but he would end up being more of a spot-up 3-point shooter, which would extend his career even more.

I know it's easy to say "Wade, LeBron and Nash all need the ball", but Nash actually makes sense.

this :cool: