PDA

View Full Version : Jr smith getting bashed on twitter

BallIsAll
05-10-2012, 02:13 AM
Seems like smiths getting bashed by NY fans this is one of his replies

JR Smith ‏ @TheRealJRSmith
Damn didn't know this man people didn't want me in #NY might just get what you asking for! #sorrykidz

shep33
05-10-2012, 02:19 AM
There was one guy in particular who was going hard lol. I actually like JR Smith, he's the master of the bad shot and cannot make a correct pass to save his life, but I still love his energy.

setman2000
05-10-2012, 02:22 AM
Melo didn't want him in NY for his wedding or as a teamate!

gotoHcarolina52
05-10-2012, 02:25 AM
Hope you enjoy LaLa Land, J.R.!

BallIsAll
05-10-2012, 02:26 AM
lol i hope he finds his way back to denver he also tweeted he misses the denver laker rivalry as he watched game 5

5ass
05-10-2012, 02:28 AM
There was one guy in particular who was going hard lol. I actually like JR Smith, he's the master of the bad shot and cannot make a correct pass to save his life, but I still love his energy.

basically he doesnt know what the **** he's doing, but he goes hard. lol. i like him too though.

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-10-2012, 02:29 AM
He's comin to the Lakers this summer isn't he?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-10-2012, 02:33 AM
We knew he wasn't comin Back. Jr is one of my faves. Hope 2 see him come.back

ManningToTyree
05-10-2012, 02:34 AM
He is gone. Good riddance too streaky of a player

shizzle09
05-10-2012, 02:45 AM
LMFAO, like he was the answer or the problem. Knicks lost as a team and their fans should realize that. How the hell is JR Smith the reason the knicks lost??? The heat were a better team to begin with so losing Shumpert and then having Amare punch glass made it a done deal. Never liked JR but no way should he be getting bashed for what just happened

kubernetes
05-10-2012, 02:49 AM
Yeah, I like his defensive hustle, and he can handle the ball, but he needs to stop shooting so damn much.

shep33
05-10-2012, 02:56 AM
basically he doesnt know what the **** he's doing, but he goes hard. lol. i like him too though.

Haha pretty much

BlahaTRUTH
05-10-2012, 03:00 AM
The ultimate irrational confidence guy.

popo85
05-10-2012, 03:03 AM
I'd gladly take JR over sorryass Blake anyday...

Fresno
05-10-2012, 03:04 AM
Yeah, I like his defensive hustle, and he can handle the ball, but he needs to stop shooting so damn much.

His shot selection looks terrible because they bring him off the bench as a 6th Man for a starting lineup that takes terrible shots.

Everyone knows JR is a chucker. He'd be way more effective on a team that needed that offensive boost off the bench, but the Knicks don't with guys in the starting lineup like Melo, Lin, & Stoudemire who are constantly looking to score.

Anyways, I dont think he should leave the Knicks.

HeaTxRipZz
05-10-2012, 03:09 AM
Dumb fans.......JR Smith wasn't the problem sure he shot terribly but that happens. That's why it's a team sport so when someone isn't playing good his teammates can pick up the slack.

As usual my fellow NYers look to point the blame at someone instead of just saying we weren't ready yet

Fresno
05-10-2012, 03:09 AM
When you shoot 3-15 then you deserve some tongue lashing or a seat on the bench. Hell, Amar'e only took 7 shots tonight and put up 14. Our biggest issue is PG depth and someone that will distribute touches, not JR Smith. We knew dude was going to leave before we even signed him.

What more do you want from him? Hes a 6th Man at best who was being guarded by one of the best perimeter defenders in D-Wade.

Melo & JR Smith were the only 2 players for the Knicks who actually tried to take the shot on each possession. Amare took 7 shots because he's been scared for the entire Playoffs to assert himself in the game on offense. It was basically the LeBron effect vs Dallas, except he doesn't do other things like LeBron does.

JR had a bad series but who else do you want taking shots except Melo & Amare? Landry Fields? Dan Gadzuric?

Cfrey
05-10-2012, 03:10 AM
When you shoot 3-15 then you deserve some tongue lashing or a seat on the bench. Hell, Amar'e only took 7 shots tonight and put up 14. Our biggest issue is PG depth and someone that will distribute touches, not JR Smith. We knew dude was going to leave before we even signed him.

lmao give me a break.. the dude has a bad shooting night and suddenly its his fault they lost the series LOL

and first of all this is what NY should have realized they were getting (a very streaky player)

and if you are going to put the blame on anyone put the blame on lebron and the heat for making every single knick player their ***** LMAO

and by the way if you guys are going to complain about a poor shooting night then it seems like you guys have forgot you have the king of them all in melo

dueces

HeaTxRipZz
05-10-2012, 03:19 AM
"Melo is the problem he's a ball stopper and can't play with Lin"

"Amare is the problem even though he had 18 pts 9 rbs tonight"

"JR lost us this series he sucks"

If I do a little research I'm sure I will find some from the 90s as well it never changes with NY. I love the place that's where I'm from but the fans are always about "What have you done for me lately"

Fresno
05-10-2012, 03:23 AM
I'd gladly take JR over sorryass Blake anyday...

Thats the whole funny part about this.

JR could be a 6th Man on the Lakers and be huge for their weak 2nd unit.

You could let Kobe rest in the 2nd or 3rd quarter until JR starts getting cold from the field and then bring Kobe back in.

If someone teaches him how to be better as a catch & shoot guy, he'd be able to play on the floor with Kobe.

msc43
05-10-2012, 03:28 AM
lmao give me a break.. the dude has a bad shooting night and suddenly its his fault they lost the series LOL

and first of all this is what NY should have realized they were getting (a very streaky player)

and if you are going to put the blame on anyone put the blame on lebron and the heat for making every single knick player their ***** LMAO

and by the way if you guys are going to complain about a poor shooting night then it seems like you guys have forgot you have the king of them all in melo

dueces

JR averaged 5.3-15.3 during the playoffs. He averaged 12.3 ppg over 34.8mpg. That's horrible for any sixth man, especially one who dribbles the clock away and chucks up horrible shots. The 3pt percentage was also abysmal: 20.8%. That's simply dreadful. If you like JR so bad, take him; you can have him.

Fresno
05-10-2012, 03:33 AM
"Melo is the problem he's a ball stopper and can't play with Lin"

"Amare is the problem even though he had 18 pts 9 rbs tonight"

"JR lost us this series he sucks"

If I do a little research I'm sure I will find some from the 90s as well it never changes with NY. I love the place that's where I'm from but the fans are always about "What have you done for me lately"

I know right. smh

Cfrey
05-10-2012, 03:34 AM
you're missing the point MSC.. im not saying he played well im just saying HE'S NOT THE REASON THE KNICKS LOST THE SERIES.. its that simple and when fans of a team put the blame on a guy like JR who didn't have ANY effect on whether or not the Heat would beat the knicks then that is just comical

Fresno
05-10-2012, 03:48 AM
you're missing the point MSC.. im not saying he played well im just saying HE'S NOT THE REASON THE KNICKS LOST THE SERIES.. its that simple and when fans of a team put the blame on a guy like JR who didn't have ANY effect on whether or not the Heat would beat the knicks then that is just comical

But they dont understand that.

They just want someont to blame for why they just aren't good enough now or possibly ever to beat a 100% healthy Miami Heat team.

gotoHcarolina52
05-10-2012, 04:02 AM
But they dont understand that.

They just want someont to blame for why they just aren't good enough now or possibly ever to beat a 100% healthy Miami Heat team.

Blasphemy! Knicks in 9.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-10-2012, 04:27 AM
Who wants this piece of ****?

Jarvo
05-10-2012, 07:37 AM
No blame on Amare though?? The Knicks fan seen JR in Denver and knows he chucks the ball every chance he gets.

theheatles
05-10-2012, 07:41 AM
JR should get no more than 5% blame, Amare should get 50% of the blame pie, throw 5% on Landry, 15% on Melo, 20% on Woodson and 5% on Chandler

knicksfan42
05-10-2012, 08:02 AM
good he sucks dick, 314% (24-76) from the field, 174% (5-28) from 3 in the playoffs. He's a cancer.

Knicks21
05-10-2012, 08:03 AM
He constantly took the defence on by himself, he loved to go iso with the ball in his hands.

stag6004
05-10-2012, 08:06 AM
I didn't read the tweets but I can't imagine they said he is the ONLY reason we lost. Some of you take it as if Knick fans thought if JR played better we were a lock to win this series. JR gets bashed b/c he gets into the game, committs horrible turnovers and takes the worst shots. He consistently shoots like 3-16. The Knicks were looking for someone who could help take some of the scoring load off of Melo so JR took that as "Time to chuck from anywhere on the court".

This teams needs to make some serious changes. Amare can't be here anymore. Knicks probably won't get equal value but it could be addition by subtraction. Shump coming back will def help, Chandler is at Center so put Melo at the 4 and find a SF that can help spread the floor and score some to help Melo.

Lin is a big question mark for me. I know he came in and made a big splash with Lin-sanity but after seeing his team lose Shump and Baron and him saying he was at least 85%, how do you not come in and just help your team out? Not saying Lin comes back and Knicks come back to win the series, but his toughness def has to be looked at.

Like Big Baby Davis said, "Time for the champagne campaign for next year".

justinnum1
05-10-2012, 08:07 AM
lmao

BklynKnicks3
05-10-2012, 08:28 AM
to many idiot knick fans bash the wrong guy at least he went down gun blazzing i rather that then a guy like feilds fakin on open shots

daleja424
05-10-2012, 08:45 AM
I feel for the guy...

And Im not sure you can blame his shot selection. He has played almost every year of his career watching Melo take all those same bad shots... (Of course Melo makes them... but that is a different story).

The guy played for three years on a team with Melo and Iverson... with those two as mentors... and given that if he ever passed the ball he was not going to see it again... is it all suprising that he is a ball hog.

Then he went to play overseas...which furthered his belief that a contested shot by him is better than an open one for someone else.

And finally he joined a Knicks team with Melo, Amare, and Baron Davis (Three of the biggest black holes in basketball)

I still think JR could be a great player if properly coached and placed on the right team.

BALLER R
05-10-2012, 09:20 AM
I didn't read the tweets but I can't imagine they said he is the ONLY reason we lost. Some of you take it as if Knick fans thought if JR played better we were a lock to win this series. JR gets bashed b/c he gets into the game, committs horrible turnovers and takes the worst shots. He consistently shoots like 3-16. The Knicks were looking for someone who could help take some of the scoring load off of Melo so JR took that as "Time to chuck from anywhere on the court".

This teams needs to make some serious changes. Amare can't be here anymore. Knicks probably won't get equal value but it could be addition by subtraction. Shump coming back will def help, Chandler is at Center so put Melo at the 4 and find a SF that can help spread the floor and score some to help Melo.

Lin is a big question mark for me. I know he came in and made a big splash with Lin-sanity but after seeing his team lose Shump and Baron and him saying he was at least 85%, how do you not come in and just help your team out? Not saying Lin comes back and Knicks come back to win the series, but his toughness def has to be looked at.

Like Big Baby Davis said, "Time for the champagne campaign for next year".

You should read some of the tweets because that's how it sounds.

BALLER R
05-10-2012, 09:23 AM
When they were winning games I won't lie I thought they were good. But looking at this playoff series they have a lot of holes they need to fill. They need another scorer, I don't think melo and amare compliment each others game. They need a point guard. Lin might of been good but let's be honest I don't think lin is the PG to lead to Knicks deep in the playoffs. Also the coaching staff needs to get on melo. I'm always defending him but he needs to step up. I think he needs to get in better shape this off season.

xxcubs22xx
05-10-2012, 09:30 AM
Good JR, come to Chicago.

Blame the "core" of Melo, Amare, and Tyson chandler. Not JR. Knicks were destined to fail even if Jesus himself was their head coach. Can't expect a bunch of nobody's to put together a miracle.

uprightciti
05-10-2012, 09:42 AM
JR was done as soon as he signed

the only way he would have considered taking his player option was if they beat the heat

jt1bui
05-10-2012, 09:44 AM
I find it funny the blame goes on JR, maybe you should look at your team as a whole. JR has shown he has the ability to be a good passer, it depends on the coach mentoring him. This is what you get with any streaky shooter.

nycericanguy
05-10-2012, 09:45 AM
6 for 30 the last 2 games...

SIX FOR THIRTY!

how is that even possible?

Ill21
05-10-2012, 09:57 AM
i mean in his last two games as a knicks he did shoot 6-32 lol

Ill21
05-10-2012, 09:58 AM
Good JR, come to Chicago.

Blame the "core" of Melo, Amare, and Tyson chandler. Not JR. Knicks were destined to fail even if Jesus himself was their head coach. Can't expect a bunch of nobody's to put together a miracle.

yeah a bunch of nobody's...:facepalm:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-10-2012, 10:12 AM
6 for 30 the last 2 games...

SIX FOR THIRTY!

how is that even possible?

I'm gonna tell you how's that possible...he takes freaking HORSE shots at the freaking NBA game:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:. This dude has the most ridicilous shot selection I have ever seen in my life. Even Kobe doesnt come close to the chucking greatness that JR Smith has.

teddygreen17
05-10-2012, 10:27 AM
#1. I never seen JR play that hard defensively..maybe China taught him something or maybe he was going for that payday.
#2. The Knicks are the worst IQ Team in the entire league. JR Smith is the highest contributor.
#3. With him gone though, the Knicks are going to need someone else to show that they can get in the lane on a consistent basis and create their own shots.

brod82
05-10-2012, 10:41 AM
Its a shame that Smith has all that athletic ability and not use it to his advantage,especially knowing that he was being depended on to help carry the offense. Dude put up 48 shots and made only 11 throughout the entire series. It is sickening to constantly watch dude dance with the ball only to throw up a brick. Smith had ample opportunities to drive and penetrate to the basket,but every time he beats his man off the dribble he steps back for a pull up jumper,EVERY TIME. With Lin out he was the Knicks best option to get penetration and create offense but he blew it trying to win a fashion show with his jumper. Im not saying we would have beat Miami in this series atleast we would've had a fighting chance if he used his athletic abilities to create and took some of the burden off Melo.

Dankster
05-10-2012, 10:55 AM
One of the dumbest players to wear a Knick uniform. And that's saying a lot considering how cursed this franchise has been for 40 years.

He does play good defense and plays with a high level of energy so those are big pluses. But his dribble and passing are a bit rudimentary, his shot selection might be the absolute worst in the league, and he settles too much for jumpshots when his athleticism and speed make me believe he'd have a lot more success (and an overall higher level of efficiency) driving into the lane more and trying to pick up fouls on the other team.

The guy never goes to the FT line yet he shoots 12-15 shots per game. He's one of the biggest anomalies in the NBA right now. I won't miss him one bit if he leaves NY, his basketball IQ is just too low.

NYflightboy
05-10-2012, 10:57 AM
That's just the nature of playing in NY. He shouldn't take it to the head. They love you one day, hate you the next.

A lot of Knicks fans love to overreact. When our team was killing it and JR was taking the same shots but making them **** was all good. Now we lost a playoff series and everyone wants him, Amare and Woodson gone.

Earlier in the year people wanted to trade Melo and build around Lin. :facepalm:

It's not JR fault that Shump, Baron, Lin, and Amare missed time with injuries. He was forced to play facilitator though that is definitely not his strong point.

Did he piss me off this series? Hell ****ing yeah. Is he the reason we lost the series? No but he is one of many factors.

Would I want him back? Yes, he is a good player to have on your bench. He's athletic, played great d for us this season. And when he gets hot he is fun to watch. And if he gets on his cold streak you can always sit his *** down. Woodson couldn't do that because he didn't have enough capable bodies.

But that's just the nature of the beast that is playing professional sports in NY.

Sinestro
05-10-2012, 11:07 AM
New York fans are too quick to turn on their players the dude would be a nice sixth man off the bench however the entire team needs to work on their offense so that they can absorb his dumb shots

Kashmir13579
05-10-2012, 11:10 AM
Vamos! You won't be missed by many ya bum.

kobemelo
05-10-2012, 01:13 PM
lol i hope he finds his way back to denver he also tweeted he misses the denver laker rivalry as he watched game 5

lol I'm with you man. Swish still in my top 5 fav players after all those years in Blue And Yellow. Not to mention we could use his shooting a lot (especially w/o Rudy and Wilson) :cool:

Donuts365
05-10-2012, 01:32 PM
i cant believe knicks fans trashing jr why not davis amare lin too idiots

Donuts365
05-10-2012, 01:33 PM
jr streaky everybody knew he can shoot yu in a game and out

effen5
05-10-2012, 01:34 PM
Man it's crazy how knick fans react. When they traded for him I remember people saying hes going to help them win a title and now he's the dumbest to ever wear a knick uni?

Wade>You
05-10-2012, 01:49 PM
Historically, he's a Heat killer, so I'm proud of the job the Heat did on him defensively.

ManRam
05-10-2012, 01:55 PM
Not so certain why fans ever get excited at the idea of having him on their team. He can shoot you into a lot of games, but he'll shoot you out of way more. On a team that NEEDS scoring, like the Knicks did, he's gonna let you down a lot more. On a deeper team where you can get him out of there if he's not hitting shots, he could be a solid asset. But his minutes need to be managed really well for him to be a consistent positive asset.

He was getting WAY too many minutes for NYK in the playoffs. Give him 20 minutes a game and he'll help consistently...but when you gotta rely on such a streaky shooter with such an awful shot selection, you can't expect good things to happen too frequently when he's logging 35 minutes a game.

LeonFSU
05-10-2012, 02:01 PM
Whatever. JR Smith is the man. Carmelo went 3 for 15 in Game 2. 7 for 23 in game 3. It happens. Without Shumpert, JR was the only one on the team other than Chandler that even tried defensively.

LeonFSU
05-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Not so certain why fans ever get excited at the idea of having him on their team. He can shoot you into a lot of games, but he'll shoot you out of way more. On a team that NEEDS scoring, like the Knicks did, he's gonna let you down a lot more. On a deeper team where you can get him out of there if he's not hitting shots, he could be a solid asset. But his minutes need to be managed really well for him to be a consistent positive asset.

He was getting WAY too many minutes for NYK in the playoffs. Give him 20 minutes a game and he'll help consistently...but when you gotta rely on such a streaky shooter with such an awful shot selection, you can't expect good things to happen too frequently when he's logging 35 minutes a game.

The Magic could've used him. Still could. Although SVG may kill him.

Donuts365
05-10-2012, 02:10 PM
jr went 11 for 48 lmfaooooo

phoenix_bladen
05-10-2012, 06:16 PM
Yea most Knick fans are too impatient and overreact over everything

And to make things even worse the media also trashes players like crazy

And this is coming from a knick fan myself

I wish they'd all calm down and stfu

That's why lebron didn't wanna come here with crew

Jenceman
05-10-2012, 08:33 PM
I'd take him on the Lakers. Should have signed with LA Smith, not very smart on your part.

blastmasta26
05-10-2012, 09:05 PM
JR was gone anyway, that 2.5 mil player option was merely injury insurance.

The Knicks needed bench scoring, and JR seems to fit the mold of a prototypical scoring 6th man. He provided much needed spacing from the backcourt, played with great defensive intensity, and even handled the ball when the Knicks needed him to.

JR is a classic volume shooter though, and can't distinguish a bad shot from a good one. He defends hard, but frequently commits silly fouls. He tries to handle the ball, but often overdribbles and turns it over when pressured.

I knew his flaws and hoped he could work around them to contribute to the Knicks' bench. He had some good performances, as well as some terrible ones.

I think he really struggled in the playoffs due to the injuries to Lin, Shumpert, and Baron, leaving Smith to play a much larger role as the Knicks couldn't afford to rely on Bibby and Fields for too long.

A stricter role with reduced minutes could make JR much more effective.