PDA

View Full Version : Did Tyson Chandler For Go His Potential Legacy

Dade County
05-09-2012, 09:46 PM
What if Chandler would have token the mid level to sign with the HEAT? Could you imagine that Defense, could you comprehend the level of intensity when the HEAT decide to shut down an opponent. Chandler just came off of a championship with Dallas, he could have went to the HEAT and the media would have proclaimed him the missing piece. Lets say the HEAT would have won a couple of rings with Tyson; history would have said, that he was one of the greatest defensive big men ever.

Every NBA player wants the fame and the hardware, Chandler could have had both. The HEAT competition in the east for the next five years are the bulls, NY, 76ers, Pacers and if Nj gets Howard.

The bulls style of play of attacking the boards to get the offensive rebonds would be null & void with Chandler protecting the middle for the HEAT.

76ers really don't match up good with the HEAT, so just imagine Tyson on the squad... smh

Pacers really can't keep up with Miami, when Miami decides to run and gun.

The nets if they get Howard would give us some good battles in the playoffs, but the outcome would still be the same.

And I really don't have anything nice to say about the Knicks.

How do you posters feel about this, I would like to read your thoughts. I know some of you guys dislike WHAT IF's

Sactown
05-09-2012, 09:48 PM
Joining NY enhanced his legacy, he added much needed toughness and proved he was a defensive monster. The Knicks were the top team in points in the paint this year

Raps18-19 Champ
05-09-2012, 09:48 PM
:laugh2:

Toxeryll
05-09-2012, 09:49 PM
put him in there and they still wont win

NoahH
05-09-2012, 09:49 PM
Miami would be unstoppable with Chandler

phoenix_bladen
05-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Why would he do that? He'd be like the 4 th best player on the team

And even if he win he would be known as the guy who won on the cheats

He already has a ring and was one of if not the most important catalyst of that mavs team and finally put them over the top

no need to team up the wuss way and try to do it like bron bron and crew

jp611
05-09-2012, 09:52 PM
Does Miami really need this much help? Jesus Christ, if they can't win with what they got than there's something wrong

Punk
05-09-2012, 09:53 PM
Just when I had gained respect from Heat fans, they say stuff like this.

Yes...he ruined his legacy. Everyone has ruined their legacy by not signing with Miami. Peyton Manning also ruined his legacy by not signing to play with LeBron, Wade, Bosh.

Gators123
05-09-2012, 09:53 PM
I heard Michael Jordan is going to sell the Bobcats and join the Miami Heat and be their 6th man.

KnicksorBust
05-09-2012, 09:54 PM
Chandler would make about $8-$9 million less JUST THIS SEASON and wouldn't have won the DPOY. Going to NY was the smart move.

Becks2307
05-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Why would Tyson take SO much less money for his last big contract when he ALREADY has a ring?

Kashmir13579
mid level :laugh2:

effen5
Does Miami really need this much help? Jesus Christ, if they can't win with what they got than there's something wrong

This

4 POINT PLAY LJ
05-09-2012, 09:57 PM
They got 2 of the best players in the league. Theyre set for 3-4 years. It would be funny if lebron doesnt win a championship though LOLOLOL

D12 fan
05-09-2012, 09:57 PM
Man Miami would be unbeatable with Chandler as there center,he should have signed with Miami,they would have a dynasty.

Chalmers
Wade
Lebron
Bosh
Chandler

Punk
05-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Dwight Howard will ruin his legacy by not signing a 1.9 million dollar deal with Miami. LeBron ruined his legacy by not signing with the Knicks or Bulls.

Feel free to join in and play this drinking game.

Dade County
05-09-2012, 10:02 PM

It's not even like that... why so serious.

I am thinking about the defense and how dominate it would have been.

Dade County
05-09-2012, 10:04 PM
mid level :laugh2:

I know... I would laugh too.

Dade County
05-09-2012, 10:09 PM
Man Miami would be unbeatable with Chandler as there center,he should have signed with Miami,they would have a dynasty.

Chalmers
Wade
Lebron
Bosh
Chandler

I know posters don't like what if's and they really don't like the HEAT... But thank you for just actually thinking about what I have posted.

The last five minutes of the game line-up...

Lbj
Wade
Miller
Bosh
Chandler

I mean Dynasty :rolleyes:

The Final Boss
Compton.

sharqstealth
This thread is really non sense! He has already proven something by winning it with the Mavs! Why would he take something less when that was the perfect time he could cash in for his career... and if he did, Lebron Wade and Bosh would take the credit more than him anyway...

Dade County
05-09-2012, 10:14 PM
This thread is really non sense! He has already proven something by winning it with the Mavs! Why would he take something less when that was the perfect time he could cash in for his career... and if he did, Lebron Wade and Bosh would take the credit more than him anyway...

He could have kept on winning rings... The media would have elevated him to some super demi god like defender.

And 15yrs from now, he would have been recognize as one of the greatest defenders EVER; that is how it works.

( I know is a really good defender right NOW Knick fans... Just try to see what i am trying to say.... and remember it's just a what if ).

It'sMyTime
05-09-2012, 10:20 PM
What if Lebron Wade Bosh and Howard all took vet minimum to sign with the Nets. You know Dwill with wade bosh and howard dynasty

naps
05-09-2012, 10:23 PM
What if Chandler would have token the mid level to sign with the HEAT? Could you imagine that Defense, could you comprehend the level of intensity when the HEAT decide to shut down an opponent. Chandler just came off of a championship with Dallas, he could have went to the HEAT and the media would have proclaimed him the missing piece. Lets say the HEAT would have won a couple of rings with Tyson; history would have said, that he was one of the greatest defensive big men ever.

Every NBA player wants the fame and the hardware, Chandler could have had both. The HEAT competition in the east for the next five years are the bulls, NY, 76ers, Pacers and if Nj gets Howard.

The bulls style of play of attacking the boards to get the offensive rebonds would be null & void with Chandler protecting the middle for the HEAT.

76ers really don't match up good with the HEAT, so just imagine Tyson on the squad... smh

The nets if they get Howard would give us some good battles in the playoffs, but the outcome would still be the same.

How do you posters feel about this, I would like to read your thoughts. I know some of you guys dislike WHAT IF's

Just shut up. If you were a real Heat fan you wouldn't create this now. We just won playing beautiful basketball and is already the most hated team. People are looking for issues now and you just opened the can of worms now. Miami don't need Chandler and yes I agreed with your point that his legacy would be better if he won with Miami. Anyone who says he didn't want to join superteams he joined the Knicks and formed their own big ****ing big three with Melo and Amare. If anything he should have stayed with the Mavs but I can't blame him for going after money.

jimm120
05-09-2012, 10:32 PM
I know posters don't like what if's and they really don't like the HEAT... But thank you for just actually thinking about what I have posted.

The last five minutes of the game line-up...

Lbj
Wade
Miller
Bosh
Chandler

I mean Dynasty :rolleyes:

Its not that, dude. Its about how ludicrous it is. Tyson TOOK A PAYCUT to be with the Knicks (He was signed for cheaper than Nene). And you expect him to take an even BIGGER paycut (as in from 13 million to 4 million! ) to join Miami!

Was this (Tyson joining Miami) even something that was brought up in the offseason. It just sounds ludicrous.

Its like saying that Dwight should sign with the Heat next offseason or else he'll destroy his legacy. Or that Deron will sign this offseason for the mini-midlevel. It just sounds ludicrous.

Its one thing to take a paycut, ala how Lebron took a paycut of a few million (in the overall scheme of the contract)....but its like saying "why didn't Lebron and Bosh sign for 4.5 mid level exceptions in 2010, so they could round out the team better". Just makes no sense.

Dade County
05-09-2012, 10:33 PM
Just shut up. If you were a real Heat fan you wouldn't create this now. We just won playing beautiful basketball and is already the most hated team. People are looking for issues now and you just opened the can of worms now. Miami don't need Chandler and yes I agreed with your point that his legacy would be better if he won with Miami. Anyone who says he didn't want to join superteams he joined the Knicks and formed their own big ****ing big three with Melo and Amare. If anything he should have stayed with the Mavs but I can't blame him for going after money.

"shut up" and "If you a real HEAT fan"... Something is wrong with you :facepalm:

This was on my mind and I waited until the series was over to see if honest posters would feel the same way.

If you don't like the tread, don't click it.

I am not trying to cause HATE, but thats going to happen anyway... So I will just enjoy it :D

valade16
05-09-2012, 10:38 PM

Just like the HEAT were supposed to be with just bron, wade, and bosh?

ManRam
05-09-2012, 10:40 PM
This is silly silly thread. He's 29. No 29 year old is going to take less than half the money for legacy reasons. I mean, OF COURSE winning a ring this season helps his legacy, but we're talking basically 60 million over 4 years compared to less than 30 million over 4 years.

He didn't make a foolish decision. I know that probably being a Heat fan you think anyone that doesn't sign with them isn't making the right decision...but this isn't really significant. He's 29 and took a huge contract. Good for him

Dade County
05-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Its not that, dude. Its about how ludicrous it is. Tyson TOOK A PAYCUT to be with the Knicks (He was signed for cheaper than Nene). And you expect him to take an even BIGGER paycut (as in from 13 million to 4 million! ) to join Miami!

Nop... I would never tell a player to take less.... I just brought up the fact that if he did, his legacy would have been through the roof. Probably would have went down as one of the greatest defenders ever... ( top 3, because of the team "D" and the rings )

Remember it's just a what if.

Was this (Tyson joining Miami) even something that was brought up in the offseason. It just sounds ludicrous.

Yes it would be ludicrous for a player to give up all that money ( remember it's a what if )

Its like saying that Dwight should sign with the Heat next offseason or else he'll destroy his legacy. Or that Deron will sign this offseason for the mini-midlevel. It just sounds ludicrous.

I didn't say tyson destroyed his legacy, by not signing with the HEAT. You are just being crazy poster here.... smh

Its one thing to take a paycut, ala how Lebron took a paycut of a few million (in the overall scheme of the contract)....but its like saying "why didn't Lebron and Bosh sign for 4.5 mid level exceptions in 2010, so they could round out the team better". Just makes no sense.

You are taking it too far ... smh

You need to reread my thread post.

Pierzynski4Prez
If his main goal was to keep on winning rings, he would have stayed with the defending champions, not join the team that just got beat by them.

kenzo400
lol no player is going to give up 8-9 million a year. Unless they are nearing retirement.

BSplaya2121
Chris Paul (mini MLE)
Wade
LBJ
Kevin Durant
Howard (veteran minimum)

Deron Williams
Bosh
Rose
Kevin Love
Kobe
Turiaf (only max contract)

haha just playin:speechless:

Pierzynski4Prez
05-09-2012, 10:43 PM
I didn't say tyson destroyed his legacy, by not signing with the HEAT. You are just being crazy poster here.... smh

You need to reread my thread post.

The thread title is For GO his potential Legacy. Pretty damn close. Maybe you need to reread your thread title.

netsgiantsyanks
05-09-2012, 10:44 PM
omg he ruined his legacy because he didn't sign with your team omg omg. dude didn't ruin ****, if anything, he's raising his stock with the DPOY under his belt.

JasonJohnHorn
05-09-2012, 10:46 PM
Chandler has a ring. He proved he was a champion, he deserves a pay check, and NY gave him a chance to prove his is worthy of the DPOTY and a chance to be a big part of a potential championship team in a big market. Chandler will win in NY. Its a process.

Rego247
05-09-2012, 10:47 PM
Heat fans never cease to amaze.

Dade County
05-09-2012, 10:48 PM
The thread title is For GO his potential Legacy. Pretty damn close. Maybe you need to reread your thread title.

lol... you are playing on words.... For GO his potential Legacy. , is not saying he destroyed his legacy. He could have had a greater legacy thats all; ( the media would have made sure of that ) lol

mdm692
05-09-2012, 10:50 PM
Yes he damaged his legacy because he was a key piece in mavs championship run and turned a team that would more than likely allow channing frye to kill them in the paint into one of the better defensive teams with an actual threat inside(both ends).

Bulls_fan90
05-09-2012, 10:54 PM

ManRam
05-09-2012, 10:55 PM
lol... you are playing on words.... For GO his potential Legacy. , is not saying he destroyed his legacy. He could have had a greater legacy thats all; ( the media would have made sure of that ) lol

No ****.

So could have Marc Gasol, Jamal Crawford, DeAndre Jordan, Marcu Thornton etc. etc. Any FA that doesn't sign with the Heat this off-season are "forgoing their potential legacy"...right? So unless they sign with the Heat, they've made a dire mistake?

Damn. Dwight was so foolish not opting out already and joining the Heat this off-season! What an idiot to "forgo" his legacy like that.

He's 29. He has a ring. He wanted to get paid. I don't get how he messed up? I really don't.

Dallas fell off after he left. He won DPOY in New York. He got very little, if any criticism, in New York...which says a lot because that was a circus all year.

His legacy is fine. I don't get it.

C_Mund
05-09-2012, 10:57 PM
This is one of the most useless and self-promoting threads I've seen in a while.
Like, what if Rondo forced a trade to Miami and then restructured his contract so he only made 200 000/year, then got Chandler and Dwight for vet's minimums to split time at C. I know, crazy defense, right?

C-Wick925
05-09-2012, 10:58 PM
Cool Story Bro

Laces-Out
05-09-2012, 10:59 PM
:crazy:

jimm120
05-09-2012, 11:02 PM

Wow...reading your name...I just remembered about AJ Pierzynski.

PurpleJesus
05-09-2012, 11:04 PM
He went after money, its his career, can't really blame him. Also, if he really wanted to cement his legacy, he would have stayed in Dallas instead of going to Miami for the MLE, as Dallas with Tyson proved to be better than Miami.

Hoopsadvocate
05-09-2012, 11:05 PM

He already has a ring and was one of if not the most important catalyst of that mavs team and finally put them over the top

how is joining lebron and wade the wuss way but joining Melo and Amare not a wuss way???

How is what we did a cheat and what u did not if its the same formula superstar players on the same team.

Biggest hypocrit post ive ever seen.

C_Mund
05-09-2012, 11:14 PM
He went after money, its his career, can't really blame him. Also, if he really wanted to cement his legacy, he would have stayed in Dallas instead of going to Miami for the MLE, as Dallas with Tyson proved to be better than Miami.

Totally. If Miami took the one player that killed them defensively in the finals, how would that look for EITHER player's legacy? Frankly I feel like half the players on Miami have already cemented their place in history unless they manage to dominate for a decade.

homestarunner93
05-09-2012, 11:23 PM
Why the hell would he want to make so much less money? That would be idiotic.

Chi~TwnHawksFan
05-09-2012, 11:39 PM

Werent they SUPPOSED to be 'unstoppable' with Lames-Fade-Bosh :confused: :rolleyes:

Knicks21
05-09-2012, 11:41 PM
He doesn't want to play for Miami.

HoodedSB
05-09-2012, 11:52 PM
I don't think he (as of yet) really had much of a potential legacy anyway. A great defensive center with limited offensive ability, but he hasn't exactly been a star. I think the knicks are a few players (added and subtracted) from being a real contender, so it's not like he's in a terrible situation right now.

besides, potential legacy is not a real thing at all. I gave up my potential legacy of being a hall of fame cornerback in the nfl by never playing football. Hypotheticals like this are annoying.

Run&Gun
05-09-2012, 11:57 PM
I def. think that Chandler would have not made his legacy any better by joining the heat, he would have even got less recognition by playing in Miami, unless their defensive numbers changed completely, which I doubt. I think he went to the place that could pay him the most money and most recognition on a defensively challenged team.

I also think Miami would utilize him even less on offense, don't seem to run that many pick and rolls so I think he would be overshadowed by the big 3, and would be looked as more on a "role player"

Also Miami fans have to stop saying they can sign everyone with the MLE, I don't think you can get any center for that little money besides maybe Marcus Camby, even Dalembert didn't want to sign for that amount of money, just don't see any "bargain" big men in the league.

Weezy
05-09-2012, 11:58 PM

Lol as Jay said.....what more can I say??

llemon
05-10-2012, 12:07 AM

I think yours is a ridiculous post by a ridiculously inebriated Heat fan

lakersfan01
05-10-2012, 12:18 AM
Tyson Chandler :laugh2:

JesusWears24
05-10-2012, 12:27 AM
U should delete your account on this website.... Heat fans collectively have a smaller brain than Javale Mcgee.

Rid us of your stupidity and just delete it.

utl768
05-10-2012, 12:32 AM
want no part of chandler

complains way too much and commits a million stupid fouls

let the knicks have him

NYSPORTSALLDAY
05-10-2012, 12:33 AM

Thank you!

Ty Fast
05-10-2012, 12:36 AM
I heard Michael Jordan is going to sell the Bobcats and join the Miami Heat and be their 6th man.

see below

Ty Fast
05-10-2012, 12:38 AM
want no part of chandler

complains way too much and commits a million stupid fouls

let the knicks have him

plus his $$$

cssdmark
05-10-2012, 12:44 AM
What if Wilt Chamberlin, Oscar Robertson, Michael Jordan and Jerry West would have all played in the same error and signed with the Knicks, they would have been unstoppable. What if the Dark Phoenix would have joined the Avengers, they would have been unbeatable. How about we stop dealing with what ifs and deal with reality, Chandler is on the Knicks.

IMANster21
05-10-2012, 01:04 AM
It's a little too early to start saying that he forfeit his potential legacy don't ya think? Regardless of whether or not he signed with the Heat (which he didn't by the way) his legacy began in Dallas and only grew more this year in NY by getting DPOY. Like he said in the beginning of the season he left Dallas to join the Knicks because he wanted to be a contender in the future. The Knicks are one solid point guard (Raymond Felton) away from being a contender, which I think they proved this season. The cohesiveness will come with time. Woodson will get a complete season in New York under his belt and the Knicks will mature into a complete basketball team. This post is trying to mask the fact that you guys have one of the worst PG/C combinations in the league. You guys swing between Joel and Chris Bosh at center who is basically a tall 3 and has no ferociousness in the paint at all. I respect the talent that the Heat have but when it comes time to show up in the playoffs you're only as good as your worst player and you guys got stuck with a whole lot of worst players for 2 superstars and a giraffe.

Raph12
05-10-2012, 01:48 AM
He has his ring, now he got his money and DPOY award, both things he couldn't get in Miami... One more ring as a defensive anchor wouldn't enhance his legacy much, but that DPOY award will keep his name mentioned thoroughout history (or atleast in the books).

And he's much richer now.

Donuts365
05-10-2012, 02:03 AM
ima act like this thread never happen so i can say GOOD GAME HEAT FANS YOU WERE THE BETTER TEAM TODAY NOW FOR THE CELTICS TO BEAT YALL IN 6

Donuts365
05-10-2012, 02:09 AM
It's a little too early to start saying that he forfeit his potential legacy don't ya think? Regardless of whether or not he signed with the Heat (which he didn't by the way) his legacy began in Dallas and only grew more this year in NY by getting DPOY. Like he said in the beginning of the season he left Dallas to join the Knicks because he wanted to be a contender in the future. The Knicks are one solid point guard (Raymond Felton) away from being a contender, which I think they proved this season. The cohesiveness will come with time. Woodson will get a complete season in New York under his belt and the Knicks will mature into a complete basketball team. This post is trying to mask the fact that you guys have one of the worst PG/C combinations in the league. You guys swing between Joel and Chris Bosh at center who is basically a tall 3 and has no ferociousness in the paint at all. I respect the talent that the Heat have but when it comes time to show up in the playoffs you're only as good as your worst player and you guys got stuck with a whole lot of worst players for 2 superstars and a giraffe.

he said the knicks are a raymond felton away from being a contender.THIS if knicks took the number one seed they will run thru the east til they meet bulls or heat

5ass
05-10-2012, 02:21 AM
If only Lebron James Signed with Orlando for the MLE

Jameer Nelson
Vince Carter
Lebron James
Rashard Lewis
Dwight Howard

One hell of a team i tell you.

kozelkid
05-10-2012, 02:33 AM

Chalmers
Wade
Lebron
Bosh
Chandler

Lol, I remember when people would say that if Lebron, Bosh, and Wade would join up... Now it turns out that's not enough. :rolleyes:

Dade County
05-10-2012, 02:35 AM
ima act like this thread never happen so i can say GOOD GAME HEAT FANS YOU WERE THE BETTER TEAM TODAY NOW FOR THE CELTICS TO BEAT YALL IN 6

But me as a HEAT fan, can honestly say that I am not bashing knicks fans by creating this thread.

It was a what if ( YES psd hates what if's... and it's about putting a good defensive player on the HEAT.... what was I thinking )

I can see posters are taking my question/thoughts the wrong way, but i am not shock, it's PSD.

I've never said once that Tyson was stupid for taking the money, or he should not have taken it... I just created a what if.

I would have loved to see that Defense in action... Maybe it would have been the greatest, over time of-course.

tyfreaks brotha
05-10-2012, 02:40 AM
what if lebron wade bosh and howard all took vet minimum to sign with the nets. You know dwill with wade bosh and howard dynasty nba 2k ftw

Ebbs
05-10-2012, 05:08 AM
Championship in Dallas and a DPOY in New York have sky rocketed his legacy lol

YoungOne
05-10-2012, 06:34 AM
he won a ring and then got a big payday, I guess he did everthing right...

the unknown
05-10-2012, 07:53 AM
Lebron has gotten. Better

theheatles
05-10-2012, 07:54 AM
Chandler would of fit right in with the Heat, plus he already has a good friendship with Bosh

Knicks21
05-10-2012, 07:55 AM
Chandler would of fit right in with the Heat, plus he already has a good friendship with Bosh

Sarcasm? I thought he ****ing hated bosh.

jimm120
05-10-2012, 08:10 AM
But me as a HEAT fan, can honestly say that I am not bashing knicks fans by creating this thread.

It was a what if ( YES psd hates what if's... and it's about putting a good defensive player on the HEAT.... what was I thinking )

I can see posters are taking my question/thoughts the wrong way, but i am not shock, it's PSD.

I've never said once that Tyson was stupid for taking the money, or he should not have taken it... I just created a what if.

I would have loved to see that Defense in action... Maybe it would have been the greatest, over time of-course.

Again, the problem isn't the "what if".

You didn't say what if Tyson was in the heat. You pretty much said "he would have been some uber guy if opted to sign for 4.5 million instead of 60 million ".

That's why your theory is being chastised.

Yeah, it's somewhat a "what if", but in reality, it's talking about how a guy should have taken much less...a dream scenario....key word us "SHOULD HAVE". That's how you presented this scenario.

Hence why everyone is also putting up these ridiculous scenarios.

If lebron and bosh would have taken only 4.5 million and they would have been able to field a complete team, they'd be thought of as the best team in the world.

See what I did there? That's how you put it.

kdspurman
05-10-2012, 09:49 AM

For real lol

uprightciti
05-10-2012, 10:02 AM
lol

sammid21
05-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Chandler probably helped his legay by turning the Knicks to a better defensive team. If anyone ruined his legacy is Lebron. By needing 2 other franchise players to win a title and being second fiddle to Wade then legacy ruined. Even though Lebron is better, his legacy wouldve been saved had Wade and Bosh gone to Cleveland and them joining him.

NYK4L
05-10-2012, 10:15 AM
What if this thread was never made? What if? Think about it people! What if!?

Mikeleafs
05-10-2012, 10:39 AM
What would be the point in watching the NBA then?

Knowing the winner before the game even starts is exactly whats wrong with the NBA today; there's no balance of talent at all...

blystr2002
05-10-2012, 10:52 AM
If his main goal was to keep on winning rings, he would have stayed with the defending champions, not join the team that just got beat by them.

This is exactly what I was thinking. He could have taken less and just stayed with them.

blystr2002
05-10-2012, 10:55 AM
Chandler probably helped his legay by turning the Knicks to a better defensive team. If anyone ruined his legacy is Lebron. By needing 2 other franchise players to win a title and being second fiddle to Wade then legacy ruined. Even though Lebron is better, his legacy wouldve been saved had Wade and Bosh gone to Cleveland and them joining him.

Exactly, Lebron hurt his legacy by signing with all the stars to win a chip instead of doing it himself with a team built around him. Tyson would not help his legacy at all that way. It would be the big 3 and O' Yeah Tyson. Just look at Bosh he went from being argued as the PF in game to being constantly critiqued and not thought of as good because the big 2 steal his points, rebounds, fame.

RaiderLakersA's
05-10-2012, 11:11 AM

I think you grossly underestimate the importance of maximizing earnings, especially in light of the fact that said player has already won a championship. In some respects Tyson's "legacy" (a word I don't care to use, to be honest, while a player is still playing) is already secured because he was part of a championship team.

With title in hand, the next most important goal is to secure a financial future for yourself, for your family, and for your kid's kids, if possible. Joining Miami might put another ring on his finger in time. But it doesn't ensure that his family is taken care of NOW.

The Knicks will pay him the below sums over the next few years. If Miami wasn't willing/able to match, then Tyson made the right decision.

2011-12: $13,107,838
2012-13: $13,604,188
2013-14: $14,100,538
2014-15: $14,596,888

Lastly, since we're talking "What IF's", what if the Knicks somehow manage to win a title with the Knicks? You want legacy? The argument can be made that winning a title in the mecca of basketball will far exceed any championship that he'd win in Miami. Tyson would become the stuff of legend along with the rest of that team.

IIISSKiLL
05-10-2012, 11:49 AM

this is coming from a knicks fan who was hoping for amare, melo, and chris paul to join forces.. don't be a homosexual dude if you could have the miami heat in a knicks uniform you wouldnt be yapping so god damn much.. im sorry you couldn't get paul, im sorry amare and melo play like **** together, im sorry you arent going to get steve nash.. blame amare and melo for being greedy bastards and taking max contracts, blame your fan base for not being loyal and bashing every knick player and coach that walks in there, and blame your gm for not putting a good team together

sep11ie
05-10-2012, 11:51 AM
Wow, for being "2 of the best players in the world" they sure do need a lot of help.

IIISSKiLL
05-10-2012, 11:53 AM
Wow, for being "2 of the best players in the world" they sure do need a lot of help.

every team has had help.. Jordan, Pippen, Harper, Rodman ? **** outta hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

sammid21
05-10-2012, 12:03 PM
every team has had help.. Jordan, Pippen, Harper, Rodman ? **** outta hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Fail. Jordan never had another franchise player let alone 2 on his team. Pippen couldnt lead a team, he was always a sidekick a great one tho, Harper, Rodman are good role players. Wade led his team and Bosh did too, so did LBJ. All were franchise players

nycsports2
05-10-2012, 12:09 PM
would of been great for miami but not for chandler as an individual. hes a top 3-5 center in the league and is beloved by the fans in NY for the style of his play. quickly becoming my fav knick along with STAT and Shump

mjm07
05-10-2012, 12:19 PM
Fail. Jordan never had another franchise player let alone 2 on his team. Pippen couldnt lead a team, he was always a sidekick a great one tho, Harper, Rodman are good role players. Wade led his team and Bosh did too, so did LBJ. All were franchise players

Please pass the the ***** you are smoking, dude.

Becks2307
05-10-2012, 12:21 PM
Please pass the the ***** you are smoking, dude.

wait are you telling me Scottie Pippen is a better franchise player than Dwyane Wade?

pippen aint winning Miami a chip in 2006

IIISSKiLL
05-10-2012, 12:23 PM

FAIL didn't pippen take the bulls to the ECF alone ?? if ron harper who averaged 20 points per game before he got to chicago is great role player then so is chris bosh who only averaged two more points a game.. you could also argue that rodman was one of the greatest rebounders of all time... we can talk about any other superstar team you want you name it and i'll show you what players they had.. and btw jordan is the greatest of all time but beside a.i. and lebron i havent seen anybody go to the finals like these 2 players ALONE WITH NO HELP WHAT SO EVER

lol pippen, harper, and rodman were role players you're a scrub

IIISSKiLL
05-10-2012, 12:26 PM
wait are you telling me Scottie Pippen is a better franchise player than Dwyane Wade?

did you see he squad miami had in 2006 ? zo was the back up center for christ sake

mjm07
05-10-2012, 12:37 PM
I think you grossly underestimate the importance of maximizing earnings, especially in light of the fact that said player has already won a championship. In some respects Tyson's "legacy" (a word I don't care to use, to be honest, while a player is still playing) is already secured because he was part of a championship team.

With title in hand, the next most important goal is to secure a financial future for yourself, for your family, and for your kid's kids, if possible. Joining Miami might put another ring on his finger in time. But it doesn't ensure that his family is taken care of NOW.

The Knicks will pay him the below sums over the next few years. If Miami wasn't willing/able to match, then Tyson made the right decision.

Lastly, since we're talking "What IF's", what if the Knicks somehow manage to win a title with the Knicks? You want legacy? The argument can be made that winning a title in the mecca of basketball will far exceed any championship that he'd win in Miami. Tyson would become the stuff of legend along with the rest of that team.

IF he accomplishes that, it would definitely be more of an accomplishment than winning a ring with Miami. Great point.

Chandler with the HEAT would straight up be unfair to the entire league. As a HEAT fan, however, i'd absolutely love it!

Also we're talking about a multi-millionaire. I'm pretty sure his family has been taken care of and beyond since his rookie year.

sammid21
05-10-2012, 12:42 PM
FAIL didn't pippen take the bulls to the ECF alone ?? if ron harper who averaged 20 points per game before he got to chicago is great role player then so is chris bosh who only averaged two more points a game.. you could also argue that rodman was one of the greatest rebounders of all time... we can talk about any other superstar team you want you name it and i'll show you what players they had.. and btw jordan is the greatest of all time but beside a.i. and lebron i havent seen anybody go to the finals like these 2 players ALONE WITH NO HELP WHAT SO EVER

lol pippen, harper, and rodman were role players you're a scrub

Pippen didnt get out of the second round. He took the bulls to the 3rdseed and lost to the Knicks in the 2nd round. I followed the Bulls religiously in the 90s and Pip was great, just not as the main player. Look at his portland and houston days, not much of a factor. He also averaged 20= ppg because defenses were focused more on Jordan. Which is the reason he didnt do much after he and jordan split

Harper was a decent role player, Bulls got him after all his injuries, not the player he once was. Rodamn was just a rebound machine nothing more, and a good defender. both were not the caliber players of a Bosh, Wade or LBJ.

mjm07
05-10-2012, 12:44 PM

i don't know how you got all that from my post, bro.

Scottie Pippen is one of the 50 best players of all time, let alone a franchise player.

Pierzynski4Prez
05-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Why are we talking about my boy No-Tip Pip? Isn't this a Tyson Chandler thread?

And yes, Pip was a franchise player. He took a team on his own back (although the team added a few better pieces the year after the bulls 3rd title) to the 2nd round, which they should have won god damnit if not for a phantom whistle called like 2 seconds after the play occured. ********. Look at his 93-94 numbers, 22/9/6 with 3 steals a game, pretty freaking impressive. 3rd in MVP voting as well.

Pierzynski4Prez
05-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Pippen didnt get out of the second round. He took the bulls to the 3rdseed and lost to the Knicks in the 2nd round. I followed the Bulls religiously in the 90s and Pip was great, just not as the main player. Look at his portland and houston days, not much of a factor. He also averaged 20= ppg because defenses were focused more on Jordan. Which is the reason he didnt do much after he and jordan split

Harper was a decent role player, Bulls got him after all his injuries, not the player he once was. Rodamn was just a rebound machine nothing more, and a good defender. both were not the caliber players of a Bosh, Wade or LBJ.

He was 33 in Houston, and 34-37 in Portland. What were you expecting?

sammid21
05-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Why are we talking about my boy No-Tip Pip? Isn't this a Tyson Chandler thread?

since some people think that Chandler might of hurt his legacy by not joining the Heat when in fact LBJ hurt his legacy more by joining franchise players. Now they are trying to justify that its ok what LBJ did because Jordan had franchise players in Pip, Harper, and Rodam, 2 players who are no where near the Heat 3 stature and Pip who isnt a franchise player but one of the greatest sidekicks, not that theres anything wrong with that

sammid21
05-10-2012, 01:05 PM
He was 33 in Houston, and 34-37 in Portland. What were you expecting?

Either way, Pip isnt a leader, he showed that in the game vs the knicks in the game where he pouted because he wasnt getting the last shot.

Pip is one of my favorite players but if it werent for MJ he wouldve been Paul George of today, he isnt a franchise player and pip wouldnt have been either. some people claim him to be but because of the accomplishments of the entire team

IIISSKiLL
05-10-2012, 01:06 PM
I understand you want to defend Jordan, Hell we all do !! But it's a fact that Jordan had an amazing team.. Ron Harper averaged 20, 5, and 5, with 2 steals per game the season before he joined the chicago bulls and Rodman was amazing with the rebounds and getting under peoples skin.. Lebron is Miamis Jordan, and Wade is Pippen I don't want to argue about lebron anymore hes one of the greatest of all time.. yeah i said it and he took his team to the finals with no help what so ever.. kobes never done it, jordans never done it.. hell kobe hasnt gotten out of the 1st round without shaq or gasol so please save your hate when he becomes a free agent again maybe he'll join your team like you all wished for

Pierzynski4Prez
05-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Either way, Pip isnt a leader, he showed that in the game vs the knicks in the game where he pouted because he wasnt getting the last shot.

Pip is one of my favorite players but if it werent for MJ he wouldve been Paul George of today, he isnt a franchise player and pip wouldnt have been either. some people claim him to be but because of the accomplishments of the entire team

I agree with most of what you said. But let me know when Paul George makes 8 straight 1st team All-Defensive, and 7 All-NBA teams (including 3 1st teams in a row)

Pippen isn't better than Wade or LBJ, but he was no scrub either.

effen5
05-10-2012, 01:11 PM
You do realize Jordan made that team amazing? And Ron Harper was horrible with the bulls... He was more of a defensive specialist. What about his first three peat? He made what pip is today, and everybody else on that team was just a role player.

IIISSKiLL
05-10-2012, 01:11 PM
Lebron only hurts his legacy if he doesnt win any rings and before bosh came to miami nobody could give 3 ****'s about him

IIISSKiLL
05-10-2012, 01:14 PM
im not saying ron harper was a great player but the year BEFORE he went to chicago his stats were almost the same as bosh's.. the bulls made a strong team and jordan never complained about it.. what chicago needs to do now is get rose's ego in check.. he doesnt want to recruit any players they had a chance with lebron, bosh, and wade and he didnt contact any of them he had a chance with melo and he didnt contact him even with d12 now he didnt give an effort.. rose needs help, EVERYBODY NEEDS HELP to win a championship

torocan
05-10-2012, 01:14 PM
If Chandler needs Lebron, Wade and Bosh to win another ring, that's not a legacy, that's a joke.

Last 2 years... championship, then DPOY.

I think his legacy is doing just fine.

As for the Mav's, the Mavs had the cap space and didn't want to give him a competitive offer. IE, asking Chandler for a discount.

Tyson said he wanted to stay with the Mavs. He made clear he was sad to leave the Mavs. He wanted to retire as a Mav. However, he also wanted to be paid what he felt was fair for his contributions towards their title (which you could argue might have helped prevent a 1st round exit this year).

I don't blame Tyson at all.

effen5
05-10-2012, 01:27 PM
im not saying ron harper was a great player but the year BEFORE he went to chicago his stats were almost the same as bosh's.. the bulls made a strong team and jordan never complained about it.. what chicago needs to do now is get rose's ego in check.. he doesnt want to recruit any players they had a chance with lebron, bosh, and wade and he didnt contact any of them he had a chance with melo and he didnt contact him even with d12 now he didnt give an effort.. rose needs help, EVERYBODY NEEDS HELP to win a championship

10 B.J. Armstrong G 6-2 175 September 9, 1967 1 University of Iowa
24 Bill Cartwright C 7-1 245 July 30, 1957 10 University of San Francisco
54 Horace Grant F-C 6-10 215 July 4, 1965 3 Clemson University
14 Craig Hodges G 6-2 190 June 27, 1960 8 California State University, Long Beach
2 Dennis Hopson G-F 6-5 200 April 22, 1965 3 Ohio State University
23 Michael Jordan G-F 6-6 195 February 17, 1963 6 University of North Carolina
34 Stacey King F-C 6-11 230 January 29, 1967 1 University of Oklahoma
53 Cliff Levingston F 6-8 210 January 4, 1961 8 Wichita State University
5 John Paxson G 6-2 185 September 29, 1960 7 University of Notre Dame
32 Will Perdue C 7-0 240 August 29, 1965 2 Vanderbilt University
33 Scottie Pippen F-G 6-8 210 September 25, 1965 3 University of Central Arkansas
42 Scott Williams F-C 6-10 230 March 21, 1968 R University of North Carolina

This is who Jordan won with during the first title run.

You tell me there outside of Pip who has been only in the league in his fourth year who Jordan help develop into the player now is a superstar? Jordan won that first title himself with a bunch of role players.

I should also add that this was in a much TOUGHER era too. "Jordan Rules"

sammid21
05-10-2012, 01:41 PM
I understand you want to defend Jordan, Hell we all do !! But it's a fact that Jordan had an amazing team.. Ron Harper averaged 20, 5, and 5, with 2 steals per game the season before he joined the chicago bulls and Rodman was amazing with the rebounds and getting under peoples skin.. Lebron is Miamis Jordan, and Wade is Pippen I don't want to argue about lebron anymore hes one of the greatest of all time.. yeah i said it and he took his team to the finals with no help what so ever.. kobes never done it, jordans never done it.. hell kobe hasnt gotten out of the 1st round without shaq or gasol so please save your hate when he becomes a free agent again maybe he'll join your team like you all wished for

Not defending Jordan, just stating facts. Jordan helped develope PIP, and his teams were not stacked. Lebron was as still is amazing. Especially in 07 when he went to the finals. Before july 2010, i was thinking that LBJ will surpass Jordan as GOAT. Now that has been tarnished because he needs ESTABLISH franchise players to win a title.

You compared LBJ to MJ, Wade to Pip, but they didnt team up they were drafted and developed, big difference than teaming up after they developed into franchise players.

Either way, Tyson shouldve stayed with the Mavs, he wouldve been valued more in the history books, but what he has done to NY (a horrible defensive team) he only helped his legacy

sammid21
05-10-2012, 01:43 PM
I agree with most of what you said. But let me know when Paul George makes 8 straight 1st team All-Defensive, and 7 All-NBA teams (including 3 1st teams in a row)

Pippen isn't better than Wade or LBJ, but he was no scrub either.

Agree, Pip isnt a scrub. I compared him to Geogre because maybe thats what he wouldve turn out to be if Jordan didnt push him as Pip has stated in recent interviews

Stinkyoutsider
05-10-2012, 01:47 PM
I think Chandler make his legacy when he won the title last year with the Mavs. Everyone knows he was the defensive anchor and the missing piece Dallas needed. And, after what Dallas went through in the playoffs this year, he'll get even more respect...

Man though, Miami would have themselves an incredible team with Tyson in the middle. They wouldn't have to rely on LeBron's energy every night because Tyson is a high energy guy and a great pro. Bosh is doing a solid job in the middle right now but I think Miami would absolutely destroy the comp with Chandler in there.

Maybe Miami will get someone else on the cheap this year though. Maybe Nash and Hill might be looking to go cheap...

Dade County
05-10-2012, 03:05 PM

And imagine if he would have kept on winning rings, even after he left Dallas... And he joined a team that could play Defense at a very HIGH level ( HEAT / Bulls/ etc.

Wouldn't that be a greater legacy then winning 1 ring and maybe never getting that chance again.... ( I said maybe people )

I never said that Tyson should turned down a BIG pay day... It was a what if he took the mid-level to play for the HEAT, and be apart of 1 of the greatest defenses in NBA history.

Thats all people.

I would never tell him to turned down that kind of money... Only in a what if thread lol.... lol Not even then. He has 1 ring ( more then Lbj ) but he could have went down as one of the greatest defenders ever, by signing with a team that have good defensive principals.

As a HEAT fan i can not envision this happening .... But Yes I can agree wining a title in NY would be epic for their fans and the basketball world; but thats not going to happen.

I actually think that the Knicks will make it to the ECF next season, but the HEAt will still beat them ( I'm a fan of my team, what else would I have said ).

Dade County
05-10-2012, 03:13 PM
would of been great for miami but not for chandler as an individual. hes a top 3-5 center in the league and is beloved by the fans in NY for the style of his play. quickly becoming my fav knick along with STAT and Shump

Why?

Wade & lbj driving to the basket, toss the ball up, dunk by Tyson ( I know easier said then done, but you get the picture ). Bosh for the spacing, Miller for the 3's, all Tyson would have to do is clean up. He would have so many open opportunities to finish at the basket it wouldn't even be funny.

I think Tyson playing "D" for the HEAt would be something that fans haven't seen in a long time... it would have been something like that Detroit "D" with Ben wallace, but 10times more athletic... i'm talking crazy "D"

But it's a what if, and people are letting their hate for HEAT fans and the Miami HEAT players take control of them.... Instead of just seeing what I have to say and comment in a respectable way.

But it's PSD, i really don't expect much.

Dade County
05-10-2012, 03:18 PM
I think Chandler make his legacy when he won the title last year with the Mavs. Everyone knows he was the defensive anchor and the missing piece Dallas needed. And, after what Dallas went through in the playoffs this year, he'll get even more respect...

Man though, Miami would have themselves an incredible team with Tyson in the middle. They wouldn't have to rely on LeBron's energy every night because Tyson is a high energy guy and a great pro. Bosh is doing a solid job in the middle right now but I think Miami would absolutely destroy the comp with Chandler in there.

Maybe Miami will get someone else on the cheap this year though. Maybe Nash and Hill might be looking to go cheap...

Thank you for just seeing the possibility.... Thats all I ask. :clap:

NYY 26 to 7
05-10-2012, 03:30 PM
mid level are you serious - giving up 1 mill or even 2 per year then maybe I could see your point at all but for a guy who really hasn't made a ton of money and has the chance to get 14 mill a year and would give up 9 mill a year when he already has a ring and still is on a talented team that has the potential to be a championship contender. How about did LeBron ruin his legacy by teaming with Wade and Bosh instead of telling Bosh to go somewhere else and get a real big man. Bosh is a waste on this team - not his fault or saying he isn't a very good player but as an offensive player who is soft and doesn't rebound the Heat would have been way better if they gave the $14 mill to Chandler and not Bosh - then you got a point but thats the Heat's mistake not Chandler.

ddhulett
05-10-2012, 03:32 PM
No dumb you could add a lot of good players to the heat and say that's the missing guy.

New York is a great place for him and just because they didn't do anything this year doesn't mean they will in the next few.

NY has some talent and now all they need to do is add some more depth and a good PG.

jbeezy
05-10-2012, 03:33 PM
Lets see.... Would I take a 4 year 58 million deal with the Knicks to become The defensive player of the year or do I take a 3 year 9 million mle contract just so I can get Shebron a ring?

....um yeah I think I'll take the extra 41 million

jbeezy
05-10-2012, 03:42 PM
actually it would have been 4 years 20 mill but 39 mill less is still a **** load

D-Leethal
05-10-2012, 03:43 PM
Some people have this thing called competitive spirit. Some would rather beat the best instead of joining them for a cakewalk ring.

Heatcheck
05-10-2012, 03:52 PM
Joining NY enhanced his legacy, he added much needed toughness and proved he was a defensive monster. The Knicks were the top team in points in the paint this year

I agree, he is just what they lacked, and he earned a name for himself.

Vinylman
05-10-2012, 04:04 PM

I have no skin in this because i root for neither team ... but seriously, Harper was nothing more than an average role player in Chicago... dude barely averaged 7 points a game and averaged around 25 minutes a game... yep... that sound like one of the big 3 :rolleyes: Sounds like Battier to me

Evolution23
05-10-2012, 04:05 PM
Didn't Tyson just win DPOY?

llemon
05-10-2012, 04:47 PM
I have no skin in this because i root for neither team ... but seriously, Harper was nothing more than an average role player in Chicago... dude barely averaged 7 points a game and averaged around 25 minutes a game... yep... that sound like one of the big 3 :rolleyes: Sounds like Battier to me

Didn't Bulls add Kukoc that season?

Mr Costanza
05-10-2012, 05:15 PM
It would hurt him more than help him IMO. It doesn't help your legacy going for the easy win (insert jab at Lebron here). Last year he was a big part of beating a team most fans of the nba hated and was rooting for them to fail. That helps your legacy a ton. Joining that same team the following year just to stack the deck would not be a good career move.

Run&Gun
05-10-2012, 05:16 PM
Why?

Wade & lbj driving to the basket, toss the ball up, dunk by Tyson ( I know easier said then done, but you get the picture ). Bosh for the spacing, Miller for the 3's, all Tyson would have to do is clean up. He would have so many open opportunities to finish at the basket it wouldn't even be funny.

I think Tyson playing "D" for the HEAt would be something that fans haven't seen in a long time... it would have been something like that Detroit "D" with Ben wallace, but 10times more athletic... i'm talking crazy "D"

But it's a what if, and people are letting their hate for HEAT fans and the Miami HEAT players take control of them.... Instead of just seeing what I have to say and comment in a respectable way.

But it's PSD, i really don't expect much.

The reason people are hating on this thread, is basically because it's more of a fantasy than reality, it's like a 2k12 move. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't even think Chandler listed Miami as one of his possible destinations. Chandler didn't even think twice about going to Miami cuz. of the contract differences. If this thread had posted if Sam Dam, or Kenyon Martin had signed it would be a lot more realistic, cuz. no chance someone signs on a team for mid level unless they're at the end of their career or have had character or injury problems.

Melo15
05-10-2012, 05:34 PM
This is a joke, right?

ryang
05-10-2012, 05:39 PM
i thought it was a joke as well..

Yankees1115
05-11-2012, 02:20 AM
Dwight Howard will ruin his legacy by not signing a 1.9 million dollar deal with Miami. LeBron ruined his legacy by not signing with the Knicks or Bulls.

Feel free to join in and play this drinking game.

Tyson has a Ring, a 14 million dollar contract, and just won DPOY in the hardest city to play in. Pretty sure his legacy is doing alright.

Lebron could have became the biggest sports figure in NY history signing with the Knicks. Dude wanted nothing to do with that responsibility opting to join a super team like a punk so he can share the "being the man" duties. Pretty sure his legacy needs to be looked out. Every organization besides Miami will tell you that's a punk move.

Why on earth would Tyson be looking to sign a MLE exception deal.

THE MTL
05-12-2012, 03:10 AM
Actually, I think Tyson Chandler significantly increased his potential legacy with the Knicks. Playing in a huge market, providing leadership, and one of his best statistical seasons as well

UnWantedTheory
05-12-2012, 03:43 AM
Do players like Chandler actually have "legacies" to worry about to being with?

Dade County
03-01-2014, 09:32 PM
Most Knick fans now, want to get rid of Chandler... Most NBA fans don't even acknowledge Chandler anymore.

Did he make a mistake signing with the Knicks? Should he have stayed with Dallas for less?

I know what I wrote about Chandler signing the mid level is crazy; so don't focus on that...

Focus on, did Chandler make the right decision in signing with the Knicks, and what his legacy could have been, if he won more rings.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-01-2014, 09:35 PM
No need for the bump. Closing.