PDA

View Full Version : Rondo gets upset at cameraman for filming him.

Longhornfan1234
05-09-2012, 03:47 AM
He's mad. :laugh2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9hKnGomj7c

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-09-2012, 04:05 AM
wow:laugh:

he mad;)

bholly
05-09-2012, 04:14 AM
Don't blame him in the slightest.

asandhu23
05-09-2012, 04:16 AM
I am on Rondo's side.

asmarks18
05-09-2012, 04:20 AM
Lol he need to get a grip. It's the NBA. They film everything you do as soon as you step into the arena for shoot around before games. He needs to calm down.

Big Zo
05-09-2012, 05:00 AM
"Thug." lol

bigmac8675
05-09-2012, 05:17 AM
Love the jacket lol

Bulls_fan90
05-09-2012, 05:19 AM
Don't blame him in the slightest.

Why not? Shows a lot of immaturity I thought.

D1JM
05-09-2012, 05:22 AM
a public sports figure getting filmed?

krazylegz
05-09-2012, 05:25 AM
iam guessing that the camera man picked at him b4 the filmed altercation

LGhost
05-09-2012, 05:35 AM
He did say, "How many times do I got to tell you?"

plus I never seen a player filmed in a setting like that... He had every right to be upset, more so that it was on tv (?)

Gram
05-09-2012, 05:53 AM
:laugh: I love Rondo.

Gram
05-09-2012, 05:54 AM
Him pointing at the guy filming made me laugh the hardest lol.

MonroeFAN
05-09-2012, 07:01 AM
I really like Rondo, but at some point, someone is going to twist websters little scrawny head off.

Bulls_fan90
05-09-2012, 07:03 AM
He did say, "How many times do I got to tell you?"

plus I never seen a player filmed in a setting like that... He had every right to be upset, more so that it was on tv (?)

And you wouldn't have seen this had Rondo not caused a scene. I get that it's intruding but he's a NBA player. Be the bigger man and move on.

69centers
05-09-2012, 08:27 AM
He'll just have a triple double for his TV fans next game.

Corey
05-09-2012, 03:33 PM
He's such an immature little douche.

I cant stand his personality.

willabeast77
05-09-2012, 03:39 PM
Pretty much classless.

ThunderousDemon
05-09-2012, 03:40 PM
lol, there's no reason for him to get his panties in a bunch because he's being filmed.

gotoHcarolina52
05-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Petulant douche

SeoulBeatz
05-09-2012, 03:46 PM
seemed like he was with his fam and wanted privacy. being a celeb, I'm sure he hates having cameras around constantly.

Don't blame him at all.

Donuts365
05-09-2012, 03:47 PM
lmaoo at rondo jacket

uprightciti
05-09-2012, 03:51 PM
rondo is god

GiantsSwaGG
05-09-2012, 03:52 PM
He's a thug

Donuts365
05-09-2012, 03:57 PM
best pg in the league

godolphins
05-09-2012, 03:59 PM
seemed like he was with his fam and wanted privacy. being a celeb, I'm sure he hates having cameras around constantly.

Don't blame him at all.
It comes with the territory. Don't want to have cameras around constantly? Then don't sign up to play professional basketball.

Corey
05-09-2012, 03:59 PM
best pg in the league

:laugh2:

GiantsSwaGG
05-09-2012, 04:10 PM
Avery Bradley looks like a skinny Mike Tyson

willabeast77
05-09-2012, 04:17 PM
best pg in the league

Based on what?

And what is your sig?

Redskins10
05-09-2012, 04:51 PM
Rondo is so based

Green_Monster
05-09-2012, 05:18 PM
It comes with the territory. Don't want to have cameras around constantly? Then don't sign up to play professional basketball.

Are you serious? Don't play professional basketball because you don't want camera's in your face? :laugh2:

KnicksPain
05-09-2012, 05:26 PM
The point at the camera man before he went at him was what made it funny. Like he was Michael Jackson or something lol. I get him being upset though he still human.

The Final Boss
05-09-2012, 05:36 PM
The PSD NBA Forum.:facepalm:

Then again, I shouldn't be surprised with the people in this sport.

bagwell368
05-09-2012, 05:39 PM

He's too wired, this is why he acts out, his boiling point is a lot lower then most. He's so frail that it's kind of funny/spooky to see him acting out. A strong breeze could deck him.

bagwell368
05-09-2012, 05:40 PM
best pg in the league

Nonsense...

kobebabe
05-09-2012, 06:38 PM
:laugh: but the funniest thing is actually the jacket he was wearing

Chacarron
05-09-2012, 06:50 PM

I dare you to say this in the Celtics forum. :laugh2: :p

Corey
05-09-2012, 06:56 PM
I dare you to say this in the Celtics forum. :laugh2: :p

Been saying it since last playoffs.

Get shunned by 90% of the forum whenever I direct ANY criticism to Rondo.

I brought up his shooting percentages and a certain poster still found a way to defend him.

If anyone missed it:

Our title year (Rondo's sophomore season), he shot 45% from 10-15 feet and 43% from 16-23 feet.

This year, he shot 27.8% from 10-15 feet and 39% from 16-23 feet.

Bigger role in the offense: worse jump shot percentages.

"But Rondo's a much better jump shooter now..He's improved!"

kubernetes
05-09-2012, 06:58 PM
Are you serious? Don't play professional basketball because you don't want camera's in your face? :laugh2:

Pretty much. Playing a professional sport makes you a public figure. The only way to prevent getting filmed in public is to not go out in public. And weren't they still in the stadium? It's not like they were stalking him at home.

Gators123
05-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Hes an arrogant prick. Like him his a player though.

Corey
05-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Pretty much. Playing a professional sport makes you a public figure. The only way to prevent getting filmed in public is to not go out in public. And weren't they still in the stadium? It's not like they were stalking him at home.

Yes exactly.

They were right outside the stage where the podium is, and he was waiting to go up to address the media.

The camera man was doing his job.

jammastershake
05-09-2012, 07:04 PM
I'm pretty sure as long as an NBA player is doing an NBA event, they wave all rights to not being filmed. That includes standing around with your family INSIDE the NBA's arena. And frankly those films are important. Think of all the things we have seen in the NBA and NHL over the years, of fights, breakdowns ect.

Rondo should go use the millions of dollars he makes a year to wipe away his tears. Little *****.

kubernetes
05-09-2012, 07:09 PM
I'm pretty sure as long as an NBA player is doing an NBA event, they wave all rights to not being filmed.

Yep. Rondo could fix his problem by leaving the NBA or just sucking really bad on court. As it is, there's a price to pay for being really good on a national stage.

Green_Monster
05-09-2012, 07:16 PM

But saying you shouldn't play a sport becayse you don't like camera's is nuts.

Corey
05-09-2012, 07:21 PM
But saying you shouldn't play a sport becayse you don't like camera's is nuts.

You're completely misinterpreting the point he conveyed.

You sign up for media attention when you're a professional athlete. The cameras are ALWAYS around....especially inside an area, when you're about to give a mandatory media appearance.

The camera man has every right to film him during that time, especially whilst still inside the arena.

There was absolutely nothing for him to flip out about.

Kyben36
05-09-2012, 07:24 PM
for the first time im in suporte of rondo, if he wants time away from the camera with his family, there is nothing wrong with that. its not as iff he went over and started swinging at the guy, came over and told him to stop filming him.

Ray_R
05-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Yea at the end of the day Rondo probably asked the guy to stop filming him so I don't see nothing wrong. Also Rondo must have some kind of voodoo power with that finger.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-09-2012, 07:32 PM
It's technically an invasion of privacy to film someone without their consent.

He's an athlete and public figure but that doesn't mean he's excluded from privacy.

Green_Monster
05-09-2012, 07:33 PM

You're completely misinterpreting the point he conveyed.

You sign up for media attention when you're a professional athlete. The cameras are ALWAYS around....especially inside an area, when you're about to give a mandatory media appearance.

The camera man has every right to film him during that time, especially whilst still inside the arena.

There was absolutely nothing for him to flip out about.

I agree, but to say someone shouldn't play basketball because they don't like camera's is crazy.

IceMan360
05-09-2012, 07:34 PM

Don't blame him at all.

this!!!

for the first time im in suporte of rondo, if he wants time away from the camera with his family, there is nothing wrong with that. its not as iff he went over and started swinging at the guy, came over and told him to stop filming him.

and this!!!

I dont see how him repeatedly telling a camera man not to film him with his family makes him immature or being a D-bag :shrug: i think you guys are overreacting without looking at the bigger picture, PSD at its finest :clap:

godolphins
05-09-2012, 07:51 PM
This...

I agree, but to say someone shouldn't play basketball because they don't like camera's is crazy.

It's part of the job. When you decide to play professional basketball, people are going to film you, criticize you, ask you for your autograph, taunt you(when you're on the court), paparazzi's are going to follow you around, etc... The same goes for people in the entertainment industry.

MagicHero3
05-09-2012, 08:01 PM
rondo didn't do anything wrong, if i asked the dude to stop taping me and my family, and he kept on doin it, id be pissed too

Agar81
05-09-2012, 08:08 PM
This is not the setting to be filmed. When you go to the podium, you're filmed. I've really never seen a camera man do this in this location before (off the top of my head). I'm on his side...if he doesn't want to be filmed while he's with his family in a place that's away from public view, then he has every right to tell the guy not to...

bagwell368
05-09-2012, 08:11 PM

He's an athlete and public figure but that doesn't mean he's excluded from privacy.

Sure it does. The NBA sold his rights to networks, networks want film, coverage, stories, etc. Rondo has zero right to complain in the context of a game or practice that is open to the media or the public.

NBA players have no expectation of privacy when being filmed in a setting which networks pay hundreds of millions of dollars for access too.

Also, Rondo is just drawing more not less attention to himself and his family by acting like he has an issue. Buck it up, and STFU Rondo.

Corey
05-09-2012, 08:44 PM

He's an athlete and public figure but that doesn't mean he's excluded from privacy.contractual obligations.

No violation of privacy. He was in an arena, still on the clock. He was about to step up to address the media.

They had every right to film him.

If this was on Rondos property or behind closed doors? Sure.

Chacarron
05-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Been saying it since last playoffs.

Get shunned by 90% of the forum whenever I direct ANY criticism to Rondo.

I brought up his shooting percentages and a certain poster still found a way to defend him.

If anyone missed it:

Our title year (Rondo's sophomore season), he shot 45% from 10-15 feet and 43% from 16-23 feet.

This year, he shot 27.8% from 10-15 feet and 39% from 16-23 feet.

Bigger role in the offense: worse jump shot percentages.

"But Rondo's a much better jump shooter now..He's improved!"

Awesome. :clap:

cheaptrikz
05-09-2012, 09:03 PM
:laugh2:

Hustlenomics
05-09-2012, 09:04 PM
he told the camera man to stop filming him multiple times and he continued to stalk him with his camera for no reason, and Rondo again told him to stop filming him.

bagwell368
05-09-2012, 09:08 PM
he told the camera man to stop filming him multiple times and he continued to stalk him with his camera for no reason, and Rondo again told him to stop filming him.

Rubbish. Rondo plays for an organization that sells rights to its pictures, players, accounts, descriptions for hundreds of millions of dollars nationally and locally EVERY YEAR.

Rondo has NO right to ask for any privacy in the setting of a game, or even media access to practices and news conferences. He should be happy someone cares about him. In 3-5-7-9 years nobody will give a crap about him and his moody baloney.

BTW, I hope you addressed how after the steal Rondo upchucked the game...

phantasyyy
05-09-2012, 09:19 PM
lol some of you posters are jokes, the man just wanted some privacy after he asked repeatedly for it. and yea sure he is still "under the clock" but damn the man was already scheduled to appear before the media and if he told that reporter not to film him before you dont think he has the right to request so? Is like damn just because he an NBA player doesnt mean the guy cant show emotions. He pretty much just fumbled the Celtics chances to close the series against the hawks that night and im pre sure hes steaming already

Corey
05-09-2012, 09:32 PM
^ So he should learn to control his emotions.

He could have easily asked one of his handlers to go over and get the camera man to stop filming. Instead, he goes aggressively at the guy for doing his job.

Short temper. Had it when he came into the league, still has it. Hasn't matured a day.

BlahaTRUTH
05-09-2012, 09:49 PM
Jeez :facepalm:

Rondo is allowed to ask the camera man to stop recording him and give him privacy. In the clip that most of us have seen, we are looking at a small sample of what appears to be a larger incident. In the small sample we have viewed, Rondo acted perfectly fine.

To the posters talking about how Rondo HAS to be OK with being filmed, recorded, etc, because he is on the "clock" -- get a clue. To speak on player rights, as if you have even a basic knowledge, is absurd.

Jealously, homerism, and general dislike for a player, are overruling common sense and decency here.

bagwell368
05-09-2012, 09:52 PM
lol some of you posters are jokes, the man just wanted some privacy after he asked repeatedly for it. and yea sure he is still "under the clock" but damn the man was already scheduled to appear before the media and if he told that reporter not to film him before you dont think he has the right to request so? Is like damn just because he an NBA player doesnt mean the guy cant show emotions. He pretty much just fumbled the Celtics chances to close the series against the hawks that night and im pre sure hes steaming already

Soon the Celts will be without Allen, KG, and Pierce.

Rondo and whatever FA's and draft picks the Celts can land is the future. Rondo could be the #1 man on the team. He better figure out how to deal w/ frustration, showing up for every game, not just the ones he cares about, and fixing his D2 college level FG shooting touch from outside and travel 8th grade FT shooting.

He's getting ~$10M/yr to be a public figure. If he doesn't like it, he can retire and go into isolation.

Grow up Rondo.

bagwell368
05-09-2012, 09:55 PM
To the posters talking about how Rondo HAS to be OK with being filmed, recorded, etc, because he is on the "clock" -- get a clue. To speak on player rights, as if you have even a basic knowledge, is absurd.

Jealously, homerism, and general dislike for a player, are overruling common sense and decency here.

What's your agenda? Rondo has no rights. He can remove himself and perhaps face a fine, that's it. Or he can stay in the trainers room. Or he can retire.

Or he can grow up.

Corey
05-09-2012, 10:05 PM
I vote for growing up.

Unlikely at this point though.

OC Knights #11
05-09-2012, 10:06 PM
"Another Black Athlete, Another Statistic", Stephen A Smith

kubernetes
05-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ

There is no expectation of privacy in a public place. Well, maybe in the bathroom. But not a hallway.

Rondo can ask the guy to stop, but the cameraman had every right to keep filming. Ultimately it would have been best to just keep walking, because at this point every sports pap is going to try to get him to blow up.

BlahaTRUTH
05-09-2012, 10:30 PM
This shouldn't even be a story.

Rondo, another casualty of the 365 24/7 sports news cycle. :rolleyes: Ha.

69centers
05-09-2012, 10:43 PM
This shouldn't even be a story.

Rondo, another casualty of the 365 24/7 sports news cycle. :rolleyes: Ha.

Exactly. Most overhyped story of the playoffs thus far. Who seriously cares. He didn't even yell, swear, or attempt to hit the camera guy. Big freaking deal. :yawn:

This is what they drum up when there's no Jeremy Lin or Lebron stories to cover.

Ezekial
05-09-2012, 10:49 PM
Some people defending the camera man make it seem like: NBA player = slave.

If I want a private moment with my family the I'd do the same thing. I mean the only reason this is even news is cuz he reacted, he didn't even overreact, he just reacted to being filmed rather than ignore it. Who cares?

thekmp211
05-09-2012, 11:03 PM
i think the biggest story here is his jacket. good lord man. i defend rondo on here hard....but there is no defending that.

Corey
05-09-2012, 11:43 PM
Hamburglar.

jammastershake
05-10-2012, 01:03 AM
Some people defending the camera man make it seem like: NBA player = slave.

If I want a private moment with my family the I'd do the same thing. I mean the only reason this is even news is cuz he reacted, he didn't even overreact, he just reacted to being filmed rather than ignore it. Who cares?

you don't seem to get it. there are certain areas inside an nba arena that cameramen are told to film players. the players as nba employees have no say in being filmed there. rondo asking him "more than once" to not film him there, means nothing, because that guy's job.

jammastershake
05-10-2012, 01:05 AM
rondo has no right in telling the cameraman from doing his job there. ZERO.

LGhost
05-10-2012, 01:14 AM

you sound like you had an inside look at Rondo's contract

willabeast77
05-10-2012, 01:43 AM

I agree with this. It was pretty childish of Rondo, but I'm not surprised by his actions.

kubernetes
05-10-2012, 01:52 AM
I mean the only reason this is even news is cuz he reacted, he didn't even overreact, he just reacted to being filmed rather than ignore it. Who cares?

But the thing is, he did overreact--otherwise why is this interesting to us? I agree he had the right to ask the guy to stop, but getting all aggro was just dumb. It would have just ended up as throwaway stock footage, but instead it's now a youtube clip. And like I said, it will invite tmz-style paps, because people just love watching celebrities behaving badly

jammastershake
05-10-2012, 02:15 AM

All NBA contracts.

Snapshot
05-10-2012, 02:33 AM
I read some people saying that as soon as he signed an NBA contract he's obligated to be filmed inside league venues and etc.. well maybe he is, but what about his family? Im sure they didn't sign any type of contracts so why are the being put on film, hell, they didn't even play a single minute on the court. So maybe if you thought outside the box you would come to realize that he probably didn't want his family being filmed more so than himself.. just a thought.

BlahaTRUTH
05-10-2012, 03:07 AM
People saying that a player can be filmed anywhere in the arena...While this may make sense, as you would think there is some assumption of media exposure with his profession and the way sports are televised and reported.

Do you not think there are areas of the arena that are off limits to the media but open to the players? What if this incident took place in one of those areas?

It is ridiculous to think that an NBA player because of his job needs to be OK with being filmed anywhere in the arena. There are most likely areas that are off limits to the media and for all we know this incident took place there.

If Rondo smashed a camera or punched someone or even used extreme profanity, you could hive Rondo some grief. But this incident is being taken likely out of context and too many assumptions are being made about things most of us know nothing about.

LongWayFromHome
05-10-2012, 04:01 AM
I promise you the cameraman isnt mad. Rondo probably just earned the dude a raise.

bagwell368
05-10-2012, 08:21 AM

Every NBA player works for the NBA. The NBA sold the rights of the players pictures (still and moving), words, etc. for huge money to media outlets. In fact the NBA levies fines when players do not observe the contract rights of the media - did you know that? This does not mean camera crews have a right to film Rondo in the trainers room or on his private property. But there is NO expectation to privacy in the public places in the arena, and designated places/times in the locker room, training facilities, etc.

BTW, how many players over the past 10 years playing under the same sorts of media agreements have complained? Why is it is the media v Rondo to the Rondo uber alles crowd in this case? Why isn't it the Rondo v other players behavior over time argument? I know why - it makes Rondo look like an overly emotional crank.

bagwell368
05-10-2012, 08:29 AM
Do you not think there are areas of the arena that are off limits to the media but open to the players? What if this incident took place in one of those areas?

Some parts of the arena/dressing room/trainers room/interview room are off limits at certain times - but they are wide open many other times. If the cameraman was set up to take those pictures you can be quite sure he was there according to NBA/media agreements. Nice try.

It is ridiculous to think that an NBA player because of his job needs to be OK with being filmed anywhere in the arena. There are most likely areas that are off limits to the media and for all we know this incident took place there.

An assertion isn't proof. Until the NBA or the Celts come out and say the cameraman shouldn't be there you have no such proof.

If Rondo smashed a camera

Rondo smashed Celtics film equipment less than a year ago and was briefly banned from the film room for his over the top behavior.

But this incident is being taken likely out of context and too many assumptions are being made about things most of us know nothing about.

Back to assertion land again. Rondo has a track record of emotional non-senseical outbursts. I'll believe Rondo acted in a manner that is not consonant with NBA policy until I hear different in this case.

LGhost
05-10-2012, 08:43 AM
Could you at least post a cite to these media agreements?

bagwell368
05-10-2012, 08:53 AM
Could you at least post a cite to these media agreements?

A cite? Oh you mean a site. So cite a site "at least"....

Yes the NBA and all its broadcast partners send all their legal agreement to me for final say so....:facepalm: or conversely the NBA and networks post the inner details of their contracts on the web.... how old are you?

Maybe you ought to familiarize yourself with contract law in general or sports contract law in particular. I believe you would then be forced to agree with me.

Do you for one minute believe NBA franchises would allow press and cameramen all over their real estate if they were not being paid rights fees? In order to be paid these fees they grant access.

LGhost
05-10-2012, 09:07 AM
Yes the NBA and all its broadcast partners send all their legal agreement to me for final say so....:facepalm: or conversely the NBA and networks post the inner details of their contracts on the web....

so den u mus be sayin dat ur source iz ur opinun, correct am iżżż

thekmp211
05-10-2012, 10:50 AM
i'm not gonna condone his outburst, nor do i find it to be a big deal. he's a complicated personality. for the most part he's a top notch competitor and teammate. this has nothing to do with those things. just illustrates that he's an emotional, reclusive person, which is a well known fact at this point.

although again how does a low-profile guy like him rock that jacket??? maybe he will be the first NBA star to come out post-obama announcement .. that is timely current events joke. although i could actually see it the more i think about it. probably should just leave this paragraph alone on PSD..

Gram
05-10-2012, 01:47 PM

You can't sign up for professional basketball. :S You think these players register for the NBA? If I could register for the NBA to make millions of dollars a year I'd get right on that. The man wanted privacy - give him privacy. He's a person first and a basketball player second. Cameraman needed to respect that - especially if Rondo had already asked not to be filed.

bagwell368
05-10-2012, 08:07 PM
so den u mus be sayin dat ur source iz ur opinun, correct am iżżż
Nice usage of the English? language.

Why don't you get off your duff and at least hit wiki for some answers.

LGhost
05-10-2012, 08:32 PM
Nice usage of the English? language.

Why don't you get off your duff and at least hit wiki for some answers.

wiki??? as in wikipedia? yeah that's the best source for information :clap:

bagwell368
05-10-2012, 10:06 PM
wiki??? as in wikipedia? yeah that's the best source for information :clap:

Consider the poster I was addressing. You go ahead and show us how it's done :eyebrow:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203802204577064613900138258.html

NBA owners and players split $4 billion dollars a year from the media. Do you really believe a player can determine in a public arena in an open location that Rondo gets or has any expectation of privacy?

The NBA and Celts have yet to say Rondo was correct. Therefore, the burden of proof is on your side of the argument.