PDA

View Full Version : Main reason why Lakers are never motivated.

JesusWears24
05-09-2012, 12:46 AM
They have the worst fans in the NBA. The bobcats have more enthusiastic fans. They also have the nerve to boo and jeer the lakers when they are losing. Its problem, that won't be solved.

AntiG
05-09-2012, 12:49 AM
yup. Whenever the C's and Lakers play in the Finals, its always blatantly evident... TD Garden is ALWAYS rocking Staples Center is like a freaking library, even when they chant. Really pathetic.

Wade>You
05-09-2012, 12:51 AM
I thought Heat fans were the worst fans in the NBA. Guess we're #2 now.

Baller1
05-09-2012, 12:52 AM
It's because of the prices. Lower class, diehard fans can't even afford to go to the damn games... I've been to one, maybe two Laker games since I moved to Southern Cali in 2002. It's ridiculous.

It's a bunch of rich, unenthusiastic people at the games. For the cheapest seat at Staples, I'm gonna have to drop minimum of a couple hundred to see OKC/LA play next round.

Avenged
05-09-2012, 12:53 AM
They have the worst fans in the NBA. The bobcats have more enthusiastic fans. They also have the nerve to boo and jeer the lakers when they are losing. Its problem, that won't be solved.

Hah, I just said this in the Lakers forum.. It's pathetic how they're booing when they're playing bad but never cheer for ****.

kylem4711
you're right, the clipper fans are much better

AntiG
It's because of the prices. Lower class, diehard fans can't even afford to go to the damn games... I've been to one, maybe two Laker games since I moved to Southern Cali in 2002. It's ridiculous.

It's a bunch of rich, unenthusiastic people at the games. For the cheapest seat at Staples, I'm gonna have to drop minimum of a couple hundred to see OKC/LA play next round.
well Boston and New York also have unbelievably expensive ticket prices as well, but the fans here whether they are the rich celebs or business tycoons still come out beating their drums.

Baller1
05-09-2012, 12:57 AM
well Boston and New York also have unbelievably expensive ticket prices as well, but the fans here whether they are the rich celebs or business tycoons still come out beating their drums.

Oh I know, the Lakers definitely have bad fans but a huge reason for that is the pricing of tickets.

Mr_Jones
05-09-2012, 12:58 AM
**** you, nugesse

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-09-2012, 12:59 AM
Jerry Buss has to do something about his dumbass season ticket holders. If you're not going to root for this team and are just simply going to be on your blackberry all game, you can go **** yourselves!

JesusWears24
05-09-2012, 01:00 AM
Also.... I feel like the fans are selfish in that they only expect championships whether or no they cheer. It seems like its not really about being a fan of the lakers.. Its more about being able to afford the luxury of attending one of those games. It's very frustrating watching the lakers struggle right now, and everyone is texting or just oblivious that their team needs them.

HoodedSB
05-09-2012, 01:02 AM
A combination of the jaded celebrities, unrealistically high expectations, and the lighting making people sleepy.

kozelkid
05-09-2012, 01:09 AM

Never heard of them.

Bulls fans are much like that. Maybe to a slightly smaller degree but that's why our best fans are at the Bradley Center (Milwaukee). Seats are cheap there and all the diehard fans travel there.

bholly
05-09-2012, 01:14 AM

you can't remember?

asandhu23
05-09-2012, 01:25 AM
or maybe they are just that used to winning. They don't have to cheer anymore. they have been insensitive to the sense of winning.

lakerboy
05-09-2012, 01:26 AM

^^This

iam brett favre
05-09-2012, 01:27 AM
"Lack of motivation" is a convenient excuse. They just aren't that good.

GSWFanInLA
05-09-2012, 01:28 AM
you can't remember?

yeah.. wth is 1 maybe 2

LGhost
05-09-2012, 01:28 AM
This is the reason the Hawks suck... When I look at their crowd, I feel like they are all high and just chomping down food the whole game

kArSoN RyDaH
05-09-2012, 01:29 AM
It's because the only people who can afford Laker games are rich people who aren't true die hards.

Cut Laker prices and guaranteed that place is crackin!

C-Style
05-09-2012, 01:31 AM

well at least Laker fans show up

C-Style
05-09-2012, 01:32 AM
It's because the only people who can afford Laker games are rich people who aren't true die hards.

Cut Laker prices and guaranteed that place is crackin!

this

mrblisterdundee
05-09-2012, 01:35 AM
First off, you're wrong; the Lakers are motivated. They're motivated because their penultimate leader Kobe Bryant is motivated. I won't disagree with their fans being of the bourgeoisie class, but a team is directed by their leader. If they weren't motivated, they wouldn't have 16 championships, many of those won in front of a crappy, apathetic fan base.
(P.S.: This all comes from a Blazers fan who's greatest basketball memory was going to the Rose Garden and watching Portland beat the Lakers.)

JesusWears24
05-09-2012, 01:47 AM
First off, you're wrong; the Lakers are motivated. They're motivated because their penultimate leader Kobe Bryant is motivated. I won't disagree with their fans being of the bourgeoisie class, but a team is directed by their leader. If they weren't motivated, they wouldn't have 16 championships, many of those won in front of a crappy, apathetic fan base.
(P.S.: This all comes from a Blazers fan who's greatest basketball memory was going to the Rose Garden and watching Portland beat the Lakers.)

Hmm... right? They havent been motivated in years. They got blown out and swept by the mavericks. I watched angrily about how every time the Lakers made a run, there was a slight cheer from a couple of fans. He may be their leader but that is only at a certain level. The Laker fans boo more than they cheer, and it ruins the mindset for all laker players besides kobe. If the Thunder came back like the lakers did tonight the crowd would be on their feet the whole time not sit down and pretend they are somewhere else until kobe makes a big shot. And laker games in the past.. was anarchy. they would go crazy because they were true fans. Now, i cant say that.

Ohh and by the way.. did the Blazers make it to the playoffs? :eyebrow:

JDMVP
05-09-2012, 01:48 AM
Well unlike the other FRANCHISES, we the die HARD fans demand excellency and nothing but.
Lakers are motivated....KOBE and that team knows why they were getting booed.
Kobe would say the same thing, they know why they were getting booed. They needed and deserve to play better. THEY KNOW THAT

JesusWears24
05-09-2012, 01:56 AM
They are motivated huh.. So do they become motivated every couple of games? I guess they didnt want to be motivated when they played the spurs at home at lost by 23. They also said they didnt want to be motivated against the the nuggets, to end the series. they are not motivated and they try and coast through games like the fans not even trying to cheer. THEY KNOW THAT

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-09-2012, 01:57 AM
Im sorry, but you guys think far too highly of yourselves if you think your screaming has anything to do with whether your team wins or loses. The Lakers have won 12 rings in front of these quite fans. If screaming made a difference, they would not have won in Sacramento or OKC a couple years ago

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-09-2012, 02:00 AM
I see people painted from head to toe screaming their lungs out and think, that guy needs to get a better life outside of watching sports. He has too much invested in the outcome. When I watch the Lakers on the road, they always pan the camera to some fat slob in his teams jersey holding a beer yelling like a bafoon. I'm sorry, but if that's a "good fan" then count me out

Baller1
05-09-2012, 02:00 AM
you can't remember?

Been to tons of games at the Staples Center between the Lakers, Clippers, and Kings (hockey of course). I know for a fact that I've been to one Laker game back in 2005... Other than that I'm not positive as to whether or not I've been to any others to see the Lakers.

HoodedSB
05-09-2012, 02:26 AM
First off, you're wrong; the Lakers are motivated. They're motivated because their penultimate leader Kobe Bryant is motivated.

Penultimate? So he's their second best leader?

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-09-2012, 02:27 AM
We need to go back to the Great Western Forum.

sf-fanatic
05-09-2012, 02:31 AM
You want loud fans, come to Warriors games. Fans are there yelling even when we suck and even against bad teams, although its noticeably louder against elite teams.

J4KOP99
05-09-2012, 02:41 AM
Lakers home games were wild during the 80's.... go back and watch tape of the 3-peat run with phil... The Staples center used to ****ing rock... but the fans got used to the success and now they only get up for the real big games.

I wish we had a louder home crowd, but in all honesty, it doesn't mean ****. I've been to many games over the years and even the recent years would surprise you... the crowd is louder than it seems most of the time.

Patman
05-09-2012, 03:06 AM
Uhm yeah and because the Home fans are so bad, the lakers have a negative road record and a pretty good home record.

OC Knights #11
05-09-2012, 03:18 AM
5 rings baby...that's why...there is the one player worth a dam on the team.

Iron24th
05-09-2012, 03:18 AM
Yes,this arena is far from the loudest to say the least.

ugafan
05-09-2012, 03:37 AM
or maybe they are just that used to winning. They don't have to cheer anymore. they have been insensitive to the sense of winning.

Desensitized*

Corndog
05-09-2012, 05:54 AM

That about sums it up, it's not about being a fan at a Lakers game, it's about being seen at a Lakers game. It's a social event, not a sporting even. I wouldn't blame the fans, because the real fans can't afford tickets.

kdspurman
05-09-2012, 09:42 AM
I could never tell anytime they play my team there's too many of those f**ckers in our arena :laugh2: pisses me off

Heatcheck
05-09-2012, 09:49 AM
im sorry, but you guys think far too highly of yourselves if you think your screaming has anything to do with whether your team wins or loses. The lakers have won 12 rings in front of these quite fans. If screaming made a difference, they would not have won in sacramento or okc a couple years ago

this

Heatcheck
05-09-2012, 09:50 AM
i see people painted from head to toe screaming their lungs out and think, that guy needs to get a better life outside of watching sports. He has too much invested in the outcome. When i watch the lakers on the road, they always pan the camera to some fat slob in his teams jersey holding a beer yelling like a bafoon. I'm sorry, but if that's a "good fan" then count me out

this too

asandhu23
05-09-2012, 10:02 AM
Desensitized*

yes. thank you. I couldn't think of the word at the moment.

Heatcheck
05-09-2012, 10:02 AM
well at least Laker fans show up

2007 g total avg %cap
5. Heat 41 798,004 19,463 99.3
7. Lakers 41 778,877 18,997 98.5
8. Heat 41 808,541 19,720 100.6
11. Lakers 41 778,415 18,985 98.5
8. Lakers 41 778,877 18,997 99.7
15. Heat 40 729,178 18,229 93.0
7. Lakers 41 778,877 18,997 99.7
15.Heat 41 726,935 17,730 90.5
5. Heat 41 810,930 19,778 100.9
8. Lakers 41 778,877 18,997 99.7

At least you what?

Mcdoh
05-09-2012, 10:17 AM
well if its us PSD lakers fan that's in there we will rock the staples.. :D

asandhu23
05-09-2012, 10:36 AM
well if its us PSD lakers fan that's in there we will rock the staples.. :D

one fan can't do it all.

celtNYpatsHeels
05-09-2012, 11:07 AM

Its the LA way... arrive late, leave early. I bet the staples is nice and loud in the 2nd and 3rd Q...

If you notice the Dodger games are the same way... sold out from the 3-6 innings, empty before and after

And the NFL want a football team in LA???? they are nuts

bucketss
05-09-2012, 11:11 AM

arent they the same people?

RaiderLakersA's
05-09-2012, 11:23 AM

This.

Lakers fans are spoiled. They're a refined crowd to be sure, but they're also spoiled. Count me in that number.

There isn't another franchise in the league that can say that they've had as many championships or championship appearances in the last 30 years. Naturally when I'm at a Lakers game, I expect the crowd to be subdued and chilled out, UNLESS it's the Conference championship or the Finals. We act like we've been there before...because we have. Banners are the only thing that matter.

On the other hand, I will get pissed very quickly after shelling out hundreds to thousands of dollars for my seat when the team isn't playing up to expectations. It's not always jeers. The reinforcement comes in many forms.

And I don't care to hear that it's not fair. These are million dollar athletes and they know the expectations when they step on the floor in a Lakers uniform. You want eternal adulation? You want your name in lights? You want us to go bat **** crazy??? Play ball at a high level, like we all know you can, and bring home the title.

MintBerryCrunch
05-09-2012, 11:36 AM
i was at the game last night, and i swear i must have been the only person not cussing at Bynum or booing the team

disgraceful.

Gibby23
05-09-2012, 11:45 AM

So you are rooting for the Lakers to beat Denver so you can go see OKC in person? Would you be upset if Denver won?

Chronz
05-09-2012, 12:03 PM

Very few of them are, if the Lakers sure mentioned the crowd boos the **** out of them. Which I don't really understand but it is amusing

avrpatsfan
05-09-2012, 12:03 PM
This.

Lakers fans are spoiled. They're a refined crowd to be sure, but they're also spoiled. Count me in that number.

There isn't another franchise in the league that can say that they've had as many championships or championship appearances in the last 30 years. Naturally when I'm at a Lakers game, I expect the crowd to be subdued and chilled out, UNLESS it's the Conference championship or the Finals. We act like we've been there before...because we have. Banners are the only thing that matter.

On the other hand, I will get pissed very quickly after shelling out hundreds to thousands of dollars for my seat when the team isn't playing up to expectations. It's not always jeers. The reinforcement comes in many forms.

And I don't care to hear that it's not fair. These are million dollar athletes and they know the expectations when they step on the floor in a Lakers uniform. You want eternal adulation? You want your name in lights? You want us to go bat **** crazy??? Play ball at a high level, like we all know you can, and bring home the title.
The Celtics didn't have problems with the fans in the 80s when they were winning many championships. Or when they won 11 championships in 13 years. The Celtics have more championships than the Lakers too and we have no problems with our fans. It's not a valid excuse.

gauth25
05-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Gonna have to agree with this. This is the same thing with the new Yankee stadium. Ticket prices are too expensive for the true regular fans to go. Instead, wealthier businessmen treat business partners to games to lure them into business deal, etc. It's too bad. After watching last night's game, it didn't get loud until near the end and even still, it's just not like places like Utah, Dallas, etc.

lakerboy
05-09-2012, 12:29 PM
We have the most number of chicks in games though. Damn there is way too many fine ladies at Staples

mjm07
05-09-2012, 12:40 PM
We have the most number of chicks in games though. Damn there is way too many fine ladies at Staples

You should see American Airlines Arena. ;)

LaLa_Land
05-09-2012, 12:42 PM
If anything, I believe that the Lakers fans do a fantastic job.

They don't cheer unless the Lakeshow gives them something to actually cheer about, while at the same time using booing and silence to send a message to the squad.

What happened last night when they started chanting "DEFENSE" after Kobe started hitting three's? Bynum was ripping down boards, Gasol was playing his tail off, and quite honestly I have never seen Blake hustle as much as he did in the last few minutes.

Lakers fans are stuck up and snobby, just like Yankee fans, but those rings give us that ability :cool:

ugafan
05-09-2012, 01:03 PM
yes. thank you. I couldn't think of the word at the moment.

No problem, sir.

episodenone
05-09-2012, 01:09 PM
Yea - Kobe NEVER seems to play motivated. smh

AntiG
05-09-2012, 02:04 PM

they seem more like Mets, Jets and Islanders fans... masochists that had a choice amongst their region's teams LOL

- Mets fan ;)

koberulesall
05-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Jerry Buss has to do something about his dumbass season ticket holders. If you're not going to root for this team and are just simply going to be on your blackberry all game, you can go **** yourselves!

we dont use blackberrys over here we use iphones, and remember most of cali smokes weed we are just chillen we know were going to win in the long run so just sit back and enjoy the show.....there isnt much else going on in other states nor is the herb as good so keep cheering loud you rednecks!

Kobe2324
05-09-2012, 02:26 PM
A friend and I recently traveled to LA from Nova Scotia Canada just to see Kobe play live, kind of a bucket list thing you could say...The LA fans are much louder than they appear on tv but for those who mentioned that they aren't very loud I would say that's a correct statement...It's kind of odd because if you go to a kings game as we did that crowd is rockin! Not sure what it is about the Lakers crowd that isn't as loud. Even at the clippers game they were louder, but I guess I would be too if my team was finally in the playoffs lol. I think crowd does play a big factor, but age as well, its hard to show up for games when your used to going deep, you just want to get to big dance and the other stuff kind of bores you...

Max.This
05-09-2012, 02:48 PM
Hah, I just said this in the Lakers forum.. It's pathetic how they're booing when they're playing bad but never cheer for ****.

Us knick fans have been booing our team for years... lol

ztilzer31
05-09-2012, 02:58 PM

That's what happens when you expect to win instead of hope to win. Also you have to remember the only people that can afford Lakers games are all rich snobs. The poor fun fans go to Clippers games.

THE_LOGO
05-09-2012, 03:19 PM
I had season tickets from 1996-2006 and dropped it because it got too expensive. I never missed any games and I sat in the upper deck. It's definitely louder up there and the few times I got seats in the lower bowl, I got dirty looks when i stood up and cheered. I just stared back at them like " turn your dumbass around". And then the waves! Those were awesome to watch. Once in a while the lower bowl joins the waves and goes the opposite direction. Very cool! As for the jeers and boos, Bynum deserves them. Three playoff games in a row and he looks like he's sleeping? What do you need for motivation? A gun in your head? Myself, I usually cheer the team when we're down, as to encourage them to get better. But I can't blame the people that boo.

obie
05-09-2012, 03:28 PM

the Laker fans that come to Warrior games are louder than the entire Staples Center at Laker home games

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-09-2012, 03:35 PM
the Laker fans that come to Warrior games are louder than the entire Staples Center at Laker home games

That's because Warriors tickets are affordable for the true Lakers fans, not those corporate *******s texting on their blackberry and sucking dick at Staples courtside.

LakersEaglesLA
05-09-2012, 03:39 PM
Lakers fans are loud and crazy when we have big games. Its human nature if your used to winning your not in desperation mode all the time. As we go deeper in playoffs Staples gets Louder..We have a EXCELLENT playoff record at home

AntiG
05-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Lakers fans are loud and crazy when we have big games. Its human nature if your used to winning your not in desperation mode all the time. As we go deeper in playoffs Staples gets Louder..We have a EXCELLENT playoff record at home

if by "loud and crazy" you actually mean "meek and subdued compared to the fanbases of other big city NBA stadiums" then I agree. Everytime the Lakers are in the NBA Finals, its always amazing how quiet the Staples Center is.

kylem4711
05-09-2012, 04:05 PM
Never heard of them.

thats kinda weird.

kylem4711
05-09-2012, 04:06 PM

no way. never have and never will go to a laker game.

LakersEaglesLA
05-09-2012, 04:09 PM
if by "loud and crazy" you actually mean "meek and subdued compared to the fanbases of other big city NBA stadiums" then I agree. Everytime the Lakers are in the NBA Finals, its always amazing how quiet the Staples Center is.

Do you remember games 6 and 7 of 2010 nba Finals against the Celtics? you cant say TD Bank was louder than that!

ThunderousDemon
05-09-2012, 04:16 PM
no way. never have and never will go to a laker game.

What if they're playing your favorite team O_o

kylem4711
05-09-2012, 04:23 PM
What if they're playing your favorite team O_o

probably not. id probably just get in a fight which would be dumb.

AntiG
05-09-2012, 05:42 PM
Do you remember games 6 and 7 of 2010 nba Finals against the Celtics? you cant say TD Bank was louder than that!

laughable. TD Bank during regular season games were louder.

JasonJohnHorn
05-09-2012, 06:03 PM
NY fans are the same way. I think LA's biggest problem is that Kobe is sucking up all the shots and not sharing the ball with Bynum and Gasol... but hey, that's just me.

Redskins10
05-09-2012, 06:04 PM
You're naive if you actually believe these millionaires get motivated when you spectators clap your hands a bit.

JasonJohnHorn
05-09-2012, 06:04 PM
What happens if LA plays LA in the playoffs? Who gets homecourt? Do they not allow "Clippers" fan in for the "Lakers" home games and vice versa? It's confusing to me.

kobebabe
05-09-2012, 06:11 PM
They are spoilt and rich! My problem is, why boo but can't cheer :rolleyes:

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-09-2012, 06:27 PM
I remember at tip off for one of the games in the 08 Finals it was so quiet in there you can here the cameras taking pictures. It's really that bad.

xbrackattackx
05-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Oh I know, the Lakers definitely have bad fans but a huge reason for that is the pricing of tickets.

I'll be on the top deck with you bro, those lower levels cost way to much.:cry:

MagicHero3
05-09-2012, 08:07 PM

you think your own team has the worst fans in the NBA? odd.

Ill def put ATL up on that list.

kylem4711
05-09-2012, 09:18 PM
you think your own team has the worst fans in the NBA? odd.

Ill def put ATL up on that list.

that's not their fault though. atl has a ridiculously boring team.

Vikes_Fan04
05-09-2012, 09:41 PM
It's true that Boston fans are louder and TD is always poppin! They're also always loyal to their team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsXPZVPIjxE

MintBerryCrunch
05-09-2012, 09:47 PM

This . I was AT game 7 of the 2010 finals, it was deafening all game long .
It was magical ..

If only we got that support a little more often ..
But the fans do show up for big games.

Jumi
05-09-2012, 09:53 PM
I wish they were quiet back in the Shaq-Kobe days! Everytime my Spurs played them it was rockin!!

Punk
05-09-2012, 09:58 PM
You guys just realized this? :laugh2:

They aren't pressured in the media or by fans compared to markets like NY or Chicago. They are a really lazy team.

They also have no Phil Jackson to look at and say "He aren't going to disappoint a coach with a legacy" and Phil used to challenge them mentally off the court by making comments in the media to piss his players off into playing well.

The Clippers have a better fanbase than the Lakers right now. Laker fans expect titles no matter how awful they play and It's basically the Kobe System (See what I did there?)

YouCan'tBeatLA
05-09-2012, 10:30 PM
Haha, I was at the Laker game yesterday (upper deck) and the fans were awesome. Everyone was waving their towels, I was giving high-fives to random people, and the atmosphere at the end was pretty intense (I think I lost my voice from all the shouting). I once sat at the lower deck and the fans were nowhere near as loud. Also, the booing against Bynum was completely justified even though I didn't do it myself, he played like **** yesterday. The only problem I have with Laker games is that the lights are too dim, I don't know whose idea it was to do that, but it sure is dumb.

LakersEaglesLA
05-09-2012, 10:32 PM
laughable. TD Bank during regular season games were louder.

Lets not get carried away, in 2007 half of your crowd were rooting for the Lakers and chanting Kobe MVP MVP.. TD was quiet and half empty for years until they got Garnett and Allen, How quickly they FORGET LOL!!

AntiG
05-09-2012, 10:40 PM
Lets not get carried away, in 2007 half of your crowd were rooting for the Lakers and chanting Kobe MVP MVP.. TD was quiet and half empty for years until they got Garnett and Allen, How quickly they FORGET LOL!!

Yeah, that's what happens when your team sucks for years. That happens to every franchise outside of the Knicks. You've seen it yourselves throughout most of the 90s, and probably will after Kobe retires. The criticism isn't about the job done by the front office, but by the fans themselves. The Lakers fans are more quiet and dispassionate in the finals than Celtics and Knicks fans are during regular season games... that is truly pathetic.

HoodedSB
05-09-2012, 10:41 PM
I'm sorry, but unless you live out here you don't have a clue as to how the Lakers fanbase really is. Just like I don't know how knicks and boston fans are as a whole. I could make assumptions based off of PSD, but that would be just plain stupid. Watching some of our games and meeting a few transplanted fans doesn't make you an expert.

LakersEaglesLA
05-10-2012, 01:40 AM
Yeah, that's what happens when your team sucks for years. That happens to every franchise outside of the Knicks. You've seen it yourselves throughout most of the 90s, and probably will after Kobe retires. The criticism isn't about the job done by the front office, but by the fans themselves. The Lakers fans are more quiet and dispassionate in the finals than Celtics and Knicks fans are during regular season games... that is truly pathetic.

The Celtics have exactly 1 Championship in the last 25 years.. So whatever Laker fans are doing you guys should try it. Even when we struggled in the 90s we never yelled MVP for an opposing team member, now that is truly pathetic!

fresh prince
05-10-2012, 01:56 AM
The Lakers have to play inspired ball in order to energize the crowd. Its not the other way around like it is at most arenas. Its always been that way and always will be.

They didn't do that yesterday and so the crowd was dead until the 4th. I was at game 2 and it was loud for most of the game because the team came out firing on all cylinders. But the Playoff crowd (since prices go up) is the worst. It epitomizes the I'm real cool - cant scream cause my face will look weird - check me out LA crowd.

AntiG
05-10-2012, 02:18 AM
The Celtics have exactly 1 Championship in the last 25 years.. So whatever Laker fans are doing you guys should try it. Even when we struggled in the 90s we never yelled MVP for an opposing team member, now that is truly pathetic!

Again, the team's historical success still have nothing to do with how the fanbase is currently responding in the playoffs. Nice try with the deflections :rolleyes: Bottom line is, the Lakers' fanbase does an awful job at the games. You can pull crap out about who won more (btw the Celtics still have more titles anyway), but it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of conversation, and nobody is dissing the Lakers' players here.

Cfrey
05-10-2012, 03:20 AM
the lakers just aren't as good as they used to be and kobe bryant forces the issue on offense and completely ****s up the chemistry.. its pretty simple and it shocks me that people see dont understand this

LakersEaglesLA
05-10-2012, 03:22 AM
Again, the team's historical success still have nothing to do with how the fanbase is currently responding in the playoffs. Nice try with the deflections :rolleyes: Bottom line is, the Lakers' fanbase does an awful job at the games. You can pull crap out about who won more (btw the Celtics still have more titles anyway), but it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of conversation, and nobody is dissing the Lakers' players here.

No deflection just stating facts, its the first round.. Laker fans will be there for them when they need us most like we always have been in BIG games.. And when they are tanking it and not hustling they deserve to hear boos. People pay hard earned money to go to a game (most in the NBA by far) so Lakers fans dont tolerate less than 100% effort.

yojoe792
05-10-2012, 03:47 AM
This is a horrendous overgeneralization. You are all taking a small 18,000 person sample of Laker fans and generalizing them as the entire fan base. The arena is quiet because tickets are expensive, and it's not the die hards who go to games, but rich people and socialites who go because it's the hottest thing to see in town, not because they love the Lakers.

I'm a diehard Laker fan, and I'm ****ing offended that even the LAKERS fans here are saying we have bad fans. NO. We have great fans and a quiet stadium filled up with rich people (which I agree is a huge problem). Understand the difference.

Jarvo
05-10-2012, 11:44 AM
Because they think.. "If all else fails, Go to Kobe"

S & B Bleeder
05-10-2012, 12:03 PM
When the Lakers play thier preseason games in San Deigo every year, that arena is ROCKING HARD from start to finish!!

Tickets are expensive as hell, and even though I pay for them, I have had the ushers tell me and my lady/friends to SIT DOWN at times when i'm trying to cheer my *** off!

It isnt just the "fans", its also the ******* ushers that ask you to "sit down" or "calm down".

It was NEVER like that in the Great Western Forum in Inglehood. You could scream your face off, and that place was ALWAYS rocking too-even during the Van Exel/Terry Teagle/Divac/Pig Miller/Cedric Ceballos/Eddie Jones days.

2-ONE-5
05-10-2012, 02:13 PM
yea like being paid millions and millions of dollars isnt motivating enough....

Heatcheck
05-10-2012, 03:43 PM

wait, so they pay for the tickets AND are responsible for ...i guess motivating the players too?

albertc86
05-10-2012, 05:43 PM
The Staples Center is too close to Hollywood. You get a lot of business types in the lower sections too with their clients trying to seal a deal. All the die-hards are in the mid-to-high level. Plus, the whole "lights out" at the Staples Center doesn't help.

I've always said, the loudest the Staples Center ever gets is when they scream for tacos. :facepalm:

AntiG
05-11-2012, 10:51 AM
wait, so they pay for the tickets AND are responsible for ...i guess motivating the players too?

I'm not the one that mentioned motivating the Lakers... the Lakers have their own motivation and have done it for decades. The fans on the other hand are weaksauce compared to the other big city teams around the league.

Lakerfan In NY
05-11-2012, 04:20 PM
I think that management has to do a better job at getting the crowd involved. They need to hand out some Lakers gold towel so the crowd can go crazy with them or purple & gold shirts? Something! You have all the stars in the front row on their phone under the bright light bc in staples the court & "star rows" is lite up while the true fans sit in the dark. Thats the REAL problem. It's not that the crowd is bad (although if they don't stop screaming MVP everytime Kobe goes to the line instead of screaming KOBE or we want taco Im gonna flip out.) But next time you watch a game try to watch the stands during halftime or time outs when the upper lights are on. That's what the staples center should look like. It's not that they are quiet, it's they are in the dark.