PDA

View Full Version : Javale McGee- How much should he get this summer?

LTBaByyy
05-09-2012, 12:38 AM
He is showing so much potential in the playoffs

And obviously way better than Jordan from Clippers, who got a big deal

1) Will Nuggets have enough to match? They just signed so many players in the last few years

2) How much will he get and what team will it be?

LTBaByyy
05-09-2012, 12:40 AM
I would LOVE the Mavs to amnesty Haywood and throw 11 mil per year at this kid

I don't think the Nuggets can match anything higher than 7 mil a year

They don't have much cap space

LakersIn5
05-09-2012, 12:42 AM
more than what deandre jordan gets.

Baller1
05-09-2012, 12:43 AM
He'll get 8-11, he deserves 6-8.

It's a complete crap shoot, he has the potential to be a top 5 center and the stupidity to be nothing in this league soon.

bholly
05-09-2012, 12:45 AM
I think Denver match pretty much whatever. They have plenty of cap flexibility. Only 3 guys over $5m, and they could still amnesty Harrington if it came to it.

llemon
05-09-2012, 12:50 AM
Right now, Nuggets are at $47 mil in salaries for next season.

That is without Andre Miller, Rudy Fernandez and JaVale.

They shouldn't have cap problems.

kylem4711
05-09-2012, 12:52 AM
about what deandre got. they are the same player

UPRock
05-09-2012, 12:56 AM
He got what he needed, a GREAT coach in Karl, now get the boy the money Denver, he's playing great

Bulls_fan90
05-09-2012, 12:59 AM
Another McGee thread? lol

LTBaByyy
I forgot Rudy and Miller!!! So Nuggets will have 13 mil in cap space???

Do they have anymore restricted free agents

thekmp211
He'll get 8-11, he deserves 6-8.

It's a complete crap shoot, he has the potential to be a top 5 center and the stupidity to be nothing in this league soon.

this basically will devalue him to some extent. right team, we are seeing the potential.

like, all of it. wow!! happy for pierre, hope he keeps it up.

Baller1
05-09-2012, 01:00 AM
I take it back. After this game tonight, MJ will give him a max contract to be Charlotte's franchise player.

LTBaByyy
05-09-2012, 01:00 AM
And McGee is way better than Jordan!!! Javale has offense too not just defense

Clippers fans :facepalm:

kylem4711
05-09-2012, 01:03 AM

:facepalm: at people seeing one game and thinking he's great.

Cracka2HI!
05-09-2012, 01:05 AM
McGee is not "clearly" better than Jordan and he surely isn't worth more. He has as much upside as just about anyone in the league but probably has too poor of an attitude to make it. I don't know what Jordan's problem is in the playoffs. Maybe the stage is just too big, however he had his moments this year. McGee is also probably not as good as these last couple games. Jordan is BY FAR the better citizen and that will most likely play a factor in the contract. I can see McGee getting anything from $4-$15 million LOL!

LTBaByyy
05-09-2012, 01:10 AM
I am judging McGee for the whole season and he is better than Jordan not just this game

Jordan gets points off oops and outbacks only, yes McGee does but ALSO has a lot of post moves to create his own shot

If McGee wasn't so stupid he would be a top 10 center easily right now

Bulls_fan90
05-09-2012, 01:16 AM
I am judging McGee for the whole season and he is better than Jordan not just this game

Jordan gets points off oops and outbacks only, yes McGee does but ALSO has a lot of post moves to create his own shot

Why are you baiting Clipper fans? What does DeAndre have to do with McGee? It seems pretty obvious why this thread was made. You've mentioned him in each of your posts in this thread.

McGee>>>Haywood ;) What is Haywood earning again..

COOLbeans
05-09-2012, 01:16 AM
McGee is better than Jordan

llemon
05-09-2012, 01:21 AM
McGee>>>Haywood ;) What is Haywood earning again..

Much too much

thekmp211
05-09-2012, 01:21 AM
mcgee has much more natural offensive ability than jordan. that is blatantly clear.

it remains to be seen whether or not that potential translates into a more effective player.

LTBaByyy
05-09-2012, 01:23 AM
Jordan has a lot to do with this

McGee saw the contract he got and is better than him so will ask for more

I'm sure he will start with a request of 12 mil per year

Didn't he say early in the season he thinks he's worth 13 and everyone bashed him? Haha

We all got proven wrong, even me. The dude is a stud if he would just be smart

LTBaByyy
05-09-2012, 01:24 AM
I hope we offer big money to Hibbert, McGee, or Asik

Even Haywood knows he is getting the amnesty clause lol he sucks

kobemelo
05-09-2012, 01:27 AM

nah we have space. I'd match any offer though we need McGee lol he far and away our best C. :cool:

PleaseBeNice
05-09-2012, 01:32 AM
Id throw 10 at him

Cracka2HI!
05-09-2012, 01:33 AM
Jordan belongs in this conversation because he set the benchmark for what a young athletic unproven Center is worth. Someone will probably give him more than DJ, but he has much higher bust potential.

PleaseBeNice
05-09-2012, 01:36 AM
Way better than Jordan

Fresno
05-09-2012, 01:37 AM
$12 Million with 5th year Player Option sounds like a good deal.

He's younger than Andrew Bynum and just like Bynum both guys are going to improve with the right system around them to keep them focused.

Becks2307
05-09-2012, 01:40 AM
beast

IgglesFanInCO
05-09-2012, 01:44 AM
Mcgee has potential but remember hes not even starting right now

The nuggets have as much flexibility under the cap as anyone (slight exaggeration i know) if they want to exploit it, they dont have any really bad contracts and wont have any guys to sign outside of mcgee unless they wanna go ahead and extend ty

Fresno
05-09-2012, 01:49 AM
Jordan belongs in this conversation because he set the benchmark for what a young athletic unproven Center is worth. Someone will probably give him more than DJ, but he has much higher bust potential.

Why does he have a higher bust potential than DJ?

McGee is far superior on the offensive end than DeAndre Jordan in skills hes able to utilize on the court to score. Jordan has never averaged more than 8 PPG in a season since high school and all he's able to do is dunk.

Athletically, McGee is superior to Jordan. Higher vertical, far more agile, faster court speed. McGee has longer arms than Jordan as well to contest shots.

The difference is defense. Jordan's a solid low post defender who can take contact and keep players away from the rim, although he's foul prone. McGee is still learning how to switch off and be able to protect the rim instead of being a help defender who gets blocked shots. When he improves on this aspect of knowing where to be in the paint, he'll be as effective as Tyson Chandler eventually became on this end on the floor.

Teeboy1487
05-09-2012, 01:51 AM
I think Mcgee can be a legit center in the league. I have always liked his game in terms of athleticism and hustle, but his basketball IQ is just too insufficient. Maybe in time, he can correct that as he continues to get more experience and established. He has great upside. He reminds me of a young and less developed Tyson Chandler. If he can get in the gym and work on his game, he can become a solid center in this league.

BKLYNpigeon
05-09-2012, 01:51 AM
10 mil a season.. easy.

the nuggets traded away Nene for him. I think they will try and resign him at all costs. i could see some team throwing 15 mil a season at him though.

kobemelo
05-09-2012, 01:55 AM

McGee is far superior on the offensive end than DeAndre Jordan in skills hes able to utilize on the court to score. Jordan has never averaged more than 8 PPG in a season since high school and all he's able to do is dunk.

Athletically, McGee is superior to Jordan. Higher vertical, far more agile, faster court speed. McGee has longer arms than Jordan as well to contest shots.

The difference is defense. Jordan's a solid low post defender who can take contact and keep players away from the rim, although he's foul prone. McGee is still learning how to switch off and be able to protect the rim instead of being a help defender who gets blocked shots. When he improves on this aspect of knowing where to be in the paint, he'll be as effective as Tyson Chandler eventually became on this end on the floor.

This right here.

Fresno
05-09-2012, 02:01 AM
Mcgee has potential but remember hes not even starting right now

The nuggets have as much flexibility under the cap as anyone (slight exaggeration i know) if they want to exploit it, they dont have any really bad contracts and wont have any guys to sign outside of mcgee unless they wanna go ahead and extend ty
Denver definetly can do what it takes to keep him since they own his bird rights + go after a guy like Eric Gordon/OJ Mayo.

Salaries:
Gallo $9.4 Million
Afflalo $7.5 Million
Chandler $7.4 Million
Harrington $6.6 Million
Brewer $3.2 Million
Koufos $3 Million
Mozgov $2.7 Million
Lawson $2.5 Million
Faried $1.3 Million
Hamilton $1.1 Million

Total: $44.7 Million
NBA Salary Cap: $58 Million

Close to $13 Million in cap space right there.

When you amnesty Birdman's salary you're at close to $18 Million

Watch out for the Nuggets in the future.

popo85
05-09-2012, 02:01 AM
Based on that performance vs our bigs whatever he wants lol

TeamSeattle
05-09-2012, 02:08 AM
Javale McGee is trash and doesn't make his team better. He has very low bball IQ as well. I swear people nowadays are star struck over one perfomance. Guaranteed this guy stinks it up and people are back to callin him the dumbest player in the league.

EDIT: OK McGee has some potential because of his athleticsm but about it.

Fresno
05-09-2012, 02:09 AM
I think Mcgee can be a legit center in the league. I have always liked his game in terms of athleticism and hustle, but his basketball IQ is just too insufficient. Maybe in time, he can correct that as he continues to get more experience and established. He has great upside. He reminds me of a young and less developed Tyson Chandler. If he can get in the gym and work on his game, he can become a solid center in this league.

Once again, he can become like Tyson Chandler on the defensive end in time as he learns how to be in better position to contest shots under the rim.

But he's light years beyond Tyson Chandler currently when it comes to offensive skills.

He's got an under hook shot with his left hand, he's got a running hook shot when he goes right, and he's improved on his footwork in the last 2 years in being able to spin to the basket and finish. His dunking ability gets attention but he does more than just that on offense.

Keep in mind he was a high post C in college who showed the ability to step out and consistently hit the 3, but he mostly was taking jumpers. He got to the NBA and has put on weight/muscle and began to work on being more of a low post C to go with his freakish athleticism.

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-09-2012, 02:14 AM
More than Kobe! :laugh2:

Fresno
05-09-2012, 02:16 AM
Javale McGee is trash and doesn't make his team better. He has very low bball IQ as well. I swear people nowadays are star struck over one perfomance. Guaranteed this guy stinks it up and people are back to callin him the dumbest player in the league.

Takes a lot to call a player out for playing on such a dysfunctional franchise in Washington. The Wizards franchise has been a mess for the last 5-7 years as far as their management/coaching & the worst part of all involving the team culture that was established. It doesn't surprise me that McGee basically wasted away his early career before this opportunity in Denver.

All it takes is the right system, coaching, & team environment for a player to flourish and become successful in the NBA.

Cracka2HI!
05-09-2012, 02:26 AM

The difference is defense. Jordan's a solid low post defender who can take contact and keep players away from the rim, although he's foul prone. McGee is still learning how to switch off and be able to protect the rim instead of being a help defender who gets blocked shots. When he improves on this aspect of knowing where to be in the paint, he'll be as effective as Tyson Chandler eventually became on this end on the floor.This.

5ass
05-09-2012, 02:45 AM
He seems to have the motivation. He could be a beast. He should get 8-12 mill. I can see the Bucks offering him 12-14 mill.

ManningToTyree
05-09-2012, 02:50 AM
Denver keeps him at around 12 per.

He is way better than Jordan IMO

Sadds The Gr8
05-09-2012, 03:03 AM
should get no more than 9 per. something like 4/35 should be good enough for him.

b_russ
05-09-2012, 03:05 AM
He's playing to his NBA 2K potential, but I see him pulling a Jerome James after he signs his big contract this summer.

Fresno
05-09-2012, 03:09 AM
should get no more than 9 per. something like 4/35 should be good enough for him.
Andrea Bumnani got 5/$50 Million after averaging 6.4 PPG 1.4 RPG in the Playoffs.

I'd think McGee being an actual Center would be worth more than that.

THE MTL
05-09-2012, 03:09 AM
What he deserves is 7 million per year. what he is going to get is 11-12 million per year. Any center that can be 7ft tall and rebound and block shots gets that.

Fresno
05-09-2012, 03:10 AM
He's playing to his NBA 2K potential, but I see him pulling a Jerome James after he signs his big contract this summer.

Jerome James had no talent to speak of outside of being tall & wide.

You're comparing apples to oranges. But in this case you're comparing a tub of BBQ sauce to a cucumber.

Sadds The Gr8
05-09-2012, 03:15 AM
Andrea Bumnani got 5/$50 Million after averaging 6.4 PPG 1.4 RPG in the Playoffs.

I'd think McGee being an actual Center would be worth more than that.

Bargnani was a #1 pick and the contract was based on him hopefully filling his potential. The gm giving Mcgee 10m would be a moron.

Fresno
05-09-2012, 03:19 AM
What he deserves is 7 million per year. what he is going to get is 11-12 million per year. Any center that can be 7ft tall and rebound and block shots gets that.

Kwame Brown got $7 Million for 1 season.

Obviously for McGee's age and talent level he's superior to that of a 29 year old Kwame Brown at this point.

I really dont understand why fans always undervalue the worth of NBA players just for the sake of going against their actual market value. McGee is worth $7 Million per year, but apparently he's going to be overpaid when he gets $11 Million? If he continues upon these numbers next season then he'll be underpaid at the physical peak of his NBA career. That benefits nobody but the team, and market value keeps that from occuring as teams have a salary cap of $58 Million they're able to utilize to assemble their team.

Fresno
05-09-2012, 03:25 AM
Bargnani was a #1 pick and the contract was based on him hopefully filling his potential. The gm giving Mcgee 10m would be a moron.

But the 7 footer Bumnani who averaged 1 RPG in the Playoffs is totally worth $10 Million the following season in your mind? :eyebrow::eyebrow:

So McGee, who's the same age as Bumnani when he got his contract, isn't worth an equal amount of money if not more for him to fulfill his potential?

Sadds The Gr8
05-09-2012, 03:29 AM
But the 7 footer Bumnani who averaged 1 RPG in the Playoffs is totally worth $10 Million the following season in your mind? :eyebrow::eyebrow:

So McGee, who's the same age as Bumnani when he got his contract, isn't worth an equal amount of money if not more for him to fulfill his potential?

I never said Bargnani was worth 10m at the time. I said they paid him that much hoping he'd fill his potential as a #1 pick.

Mcgee isn't worth 10m at this time, and Bargnani wasn't worth 10m back then. I fully expect someone to overpay Mcgee but he's sure as hell not worth 10m. Like I said, I'd pay him 4/35.

naps
05-09-2012, 03:53 AM
Big are always overpaid. Talented ones are even more. He's gonna get 10+ millions for sure. There are always some stupid GMs out there. But the guy has crazy potential. If he can put his acts together I think it would be smart to get him even if he gets overpaid a little.

DillyDill
05-09-2012, 04:21 AM
Call me crazzzzy but I think his gonna get payed 15 mill or more and year. Dude has top 3 center potential if he just keeps improving that post game, watch out league.

LTBaByyy
05-09-2012, 04:22 AM
If the Mavs don't get Deron, I am playing with the Nuggets on NBA 2k13 lol

asmarks18
05-09-2012, 04:29 AM
If the Mavs dont get Williams and pursue Steve Nash I want them to throw whatever they need to at Hibbert or Mcgee. Nash would elevate their games to the next level like he dd for Gortat.

With that being said, Mcgee in my opinion will get at least 5 years 45 million, and potentially all the way up to 5 years 55 million depending on what happens to the other pieces in free agency. Whatever Hibbert gets, Mcgee will get slightly lower.

LTBaByyy
05-09-2012, 04:39 AM
Teams that will offer him:

$13 mil Bobcats (If they don't get #1 pick)
$12 mil Bucks
$11 mil Cavs
$10 mil Pistons (Monroe moves to PF)
$11 mil Mavs
$10 mil Celtics
$10 mil Blazers

bholly
05-09-2012, 05:43 AM
Denver definetly can do what it takes to keep him since they own his bird rights + go after a guy like Eric Gordon/OJ Mayo.

Salaries:
Gallo $9.4 Million
Afflalo $7.5 Million
Chandler $7.4 Million
Harrington $6.6 Million
Brewer $3.2 Million
Koufos $3 Million
Mozgov $2.7 Million
Lawson $2.5 Million
Faried $1.3 Million
Hamilton $1.1 Million

They can't afford to do both.

MonroeFAN
05-09-2012, 07:19 AM
Javale Mcgee is a lot better than Jordan IMO, but still a moron. He should get 8-10 either way.

theheatles
05-09-2012, 07:32 AM
Max!

Jarvo
05-09-2012, 08:24 AM

No they aren't, McGee has way more talent and has more potential then him. Still a solid player but McGee upside is crazy.

Jarvo
05-09-2012, 08:33 AM
I think he stays put in Denver anyway

SpaceJamJordans
05-09-2012, 08:46 AM
McGee is not "clearly" better than Jordan and he surely isn't worth more. He has as much upside as just about anyone in the league but probably has too poor of an attitude to make it. I don't know what Jordan's problem is in the playoffs. Maybe the stage is just too big, however he had his moments this year. McGee is also probably not as good as these last couple games. Jordan is BY FAR the better citizen and that will most likely play a factor in the contract. I can see McGee getting anything from $4-$15 million LOL!

Don't be biased. I'm a Clipper fan and I understand why Del Negro doesn't even bother to put Jordan into the line up down the stretch. He has no offensive moves. He has to rely on Chris Paul to make shots for him. Javale has a lot of potential and CAN create his own shot. If DeAndre wants to feel like he deserves that money, then show it during the summer when he works on half-court sets and footwork

nycericanguy
05-09-2012, 09:22 AM
He'll get 10-13m.

There are two things that are overpaid in the NBA, centers and "potential". McGee is both.

BK-TY
05-09-2012, 09:43 AM

McGee has the tools to be a TOP 3 center in this league. He can effectively play on both sides of the ball. His ONLY problem is his lack of maturity which (apparently) surrounded by the right vets and taught by the right coach could be fixed.

I wanted BADLY for NY to go after this kid before I heard we were pursuing Chandler.

BKLYNpigeon
05-09-2012, 09:43 AM
Mcgee has one good game, were talking about contracts.

Mcgee has one bad game, were talking about how stupid he is.

BK-TY
05-09-2012, 09:52 AM
True 7 ft centers with the talent to play both sides of the ball are the rarest commodity in this league. I can't see him getting anything LESS than 10 mil per. I'd offer him 4 for $40mil with a team option on the last year.

corky831
05-09-2012, 09:53 AM
Mcgee has one good game, were talking about contracts.

Mcgee has one bad game, were talking about how stupid he is.

hahaha this. But I wouldn't mind McGee with the celts next yr....he could be a good running partner with rondo, and we need a C desperately.

chi-townlove1
05-09-2012, 10:30 AM
Guys, clearly javale is better. He turns into a higher rating than deandre in 2k12.. Duh.

Chronz
05-09-2012, 11:35 AM

He has greater potential, DJ has really disappointed these playoffs but I'm not going to ignore his contributions all year.

DJ is a much better defender so fix your tone

Chronz
05-09-2012, 11:50 AM

What are you judging them by? Being able to create your own shot is only an advantage if your efficient with those shots, it is yet to be seen if McGee can do that for a full season. Right now DJ has proven to be a better in the paint finisher and a much better defender.

b_russ
05-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Jerome James had no talent to speak of outside of being tall & wide.

You're comparing apples to oranges. But in this case you're comparing a tub of BBQ sauce to a cucumber.

Let me clarify. I know they're two different kinds of players, I'm just saying with my opinion of McGee I see him getting a big contract that he's not worth but is given based off of recent acheivments, but then never plays up to his contract.

heyman321
05-09-2012, 12:15 PM
He should get $121 million 6 years.

LTBaByyy
05-09-2012, 03:52 PM
What are you judging them by? Being able to create your own shot is only an advantage if your efficient with those shots, it is yet to be seen if McGee can do that for a full season. Right now DJ has proven to be a better in the paint finisher and a much better defender.

You're obviously an LA fan, McGee is way better than Jordan

Also has a higher ceiling than him. Jordan doesn't even finish games

Jordan has to work on a lot this off season if the Clippers are talking championships anytime soon

Chronz
05-09-2012, 04:32 PM
You're obviously an LA fan, McGee is way better than Jordan
Again, what are you basing it on? You can try to depict me as a homer but it only shows you have no argument. DJ is WAY better defensively than McGee so you alluding to their equality on that end is pure fabrication.

Also has a higher ceiling than him. Jordan doesn't even finish games
Ive already acknowledged he has a higher ceiling but potential is irrelevant in the now, so if your saying he could end up better I agree, but thats not your argument. So get back on the topic. And I know DJ doesnt finish games, its because the Clippers lack outlet bigs and CP3 needs space to do his thing. Hes also been struggling in the playoffs so it makes sense. Im not going to forget his superiority in the regular season for whats going on in the now. If Javale sustains his current play then I will change my opinion, but for now Ill take the bigger sample of evidence.

Jordan has to work on a lot this off season if the Clippers are talking championships anytime soon
LOL same could be said of Denver and McGee

LTBaByyy
05-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Chronz give it up, everyone in here is saying McGee is better than Jordan

Just stop lol :)

Chronz
05-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Thats fine by me, I dont care for the popular opinion, only those that can defend it with conviction. And why would I stop, the only reason Im here is to talk ball. If you just want to exchange opinions thats fine, but I would stop acting like you have all the facts when your clearly oblivious to the nature of the game.

Vinylman
05-09-2012, 04:58 PM

Salaries:
Gallo $9.4 Million
Afflalo $7.5 Million
Chandler $7.4 Million
Harrington $6.6 Million
Brewer $3.2 Million
Koufos $3 Million
Mozgov $2.7 Million
Lawson $2.5 Million
Faried $1.3 Million
Hamilton $1.1 Million

couple of problem... anderson isn't in your 44.7 with him it is 49.2 which leaves around $8 million under the cap... if they amnesty him they got $13 million. However,

they don't really have that much cap space ... the cap hold alone on mcGee is $6.1 million not to mention the open roster positions. Also they will have to renounce the rights to miller and fernandez to clear their holds

bottom line unless they trade some of the above players they don't have a chance at eric gordon

Chronz
05-09-2012, 05:03 PM
Oh and for the record I do think Javale will ultimately end up the better player, Ive liked him for a long time and was actually hoping he could end up in LA somehow, but DJ is a better compliment for Blake and his efficiency on both ends is impressive. Javale is a wild card who if he puts it together could be an All-Star, DJ isnt that gifted but hes wide bodied and has improved leaps and bounds defensively.

Singelton33
05-09-2012, 05:03 PM
http://78.140.172.192/bt/st/thumbs/655/gNhzzjnGpq.jpg

Vinylman
05-09-2012, 05:04 PM
as for what he will get...

it will probably be somewhere around what jordan got 4/$40 million maybe with the last year being a team option with a buyout...

the real issue is neither of those guys are worth that kind of money...

i know i know... size ... blah blah blah

both will be wicked handcuffs for both teams moving forward. mistakes on big contracts now create more glaring problems for teams than in the past.

Singelton33
05-09-2012, 05:05 PM
http://78.140.172.192/bt/st/thumbs/655/gNhzzjnGpq.jpgfewfwf

King41
05-09-2012, 05:07 PM
can someone kick singleton33...

Singelton33
05-09-2012, 05:08 PM
king41 want me to blow you baby

Green_Monster
05-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Rondo
Bradley
Pierce
Garnett/Bass
McGee

They still could compete, and they would finally have a decent center.

King41
05-09-2012, 05:13 PM
jep mcgee and garnett paired with rondo would be very nice

LTBaByyy
05-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Wow Singleton33, there are kids in here

What a shame

JasonJohnHorn
05-09-2012, 05:54 PM

I don't see Cuban using cap space he cleared out to sign McGee. He could have retained Chandler and tried to repeat, but obviously he has big free-agent aspirations for the offseason, and I don't think that McGee is the player Cuban wanted to sign when he let Chandler go last season.

jtrinaldi
05-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Whateve his Momma think he worth

JasonJohnHorn
05-09-2012, 05:58 PM
I haven't seen enough from him to make me think he is worth 10 million a year, but I expect that is what he'll get. Some desperate team will make him a disgusting offer and the Nuggets will match it. Just like what happened with Jordan.

LTBaByyy
05-09-2012, 06:09 PM
Deron Williams is going to make his choice quick, he is going to be the first Free Agent to sign he even said it before USA basketball he will have a team

So if the Mavs don't get him I would love to throw contracts at Gordon, Nash, and McGee/Hibbert/Asik then amnesty Haywood

Cap space also means trade bait, we can get a star with a big contract by trade too

BallIsAll
05-09-2012, 06:16 PM
I don't see anything wrong with McGees attitude he's been pretty positive and says the right things. The players seem to like him as well hes like their little brother I say he stays I'm Denver develops some more and then becomes a starter

kobebabe
05-09-2012, 06:18 PM
He will get 6-10 m to keep entertaining the NBA with some of the dumbest plays!

LakersIn5
05-09-2012, 09:17 PM
12 mil

llemon
05-09-2012, 09:32 PM
12 mil

It's an NBA world gone mad. And directly following a lockout.

But it's all good?

Trueblue2
05-09-2012, 09:39 PM
So for those of you that slept through the first week of econ when there is a shortage of something the price goes up. It's a pretty simple concept to understand, Less quality bigs in the league = price for average big goes up, especially if he has potential.

Jumi
05-09-2012, 09:45 PM
I wish we could get him on my Spurs! I know it's not gonna happen, but with the coaching from Pop and the mentorship of TD, he could be very good. Not a franchise player like Timmy, but top 5 center in the league. We only have Bynum in the West so he could maybe make a few all star games.

NoahH
05-09-2012, 09:47 PM
He has insane potential, could be a top 5 center for sure, but he's just so immature and such an idiot. I don't think he has an attitude issue, but he just seems like he's a couple chromosomes short if you know what i mean. Every game there's at least two goaltending calls against him where he spikes shots that are CLEARLY on the way down. He does other dumb stuff too, but he will get paid since good big mean are hard to come by (Kwame got 7mill$)

popo85
05-10-2012, 01:11 AM
DeAndre Jordan with a wonderful 1 pt and 0 reb performance making McGee look like Shaq..

LTBaByyy
05-10-2012, 01:18 AM
Chronz, did you watch Deandre Jordan play???? Dude is not that good

Making McGee contract even bigger now hahaha

MrfadeawayJB
05-10-2012, 01:18 AM
I think he will be overcompensated by some team. You have to be very careful when paying based on "potential"

BlahaTRUTH
05-10-2012, 03:28 AM
3 years / $26 M

thekmp211
05-10-2012, 10:20 AM
listen jordan had a much more established role on a much more stable team this year and last than mcgee. he's always been a dominant defender but the dude has literally never had any post moves ever. he never looked like mcgee 2 nights ago ... in college. it's the main reason he went from a potential top 5 pick (for obvious talent reasons) toa fringe 2nd rounder...and why he's still got a ways to go towards becoming a complete player. he's essentially a more athletic kendrick perkins at this stage in the game.

justinnum1
05-10-2012, 10:31 AM
4yr 36mil

Chronz
05-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Chronz, did you watch Deandre Jordan play???? Dude is not that good

Making McGee contract even bigger now hahaha

Ive watched him play all year, I stand by what I told you.

I highly doubt GM's are foolish enough to let variances in small samples dictate a players worth one way or another, Isiah got canned a long time ago for that.

Chronz
05-10-2012, 11:40 AM
listen jordan had a much more established role on a much more stable team this year and last than mcgee. he's always been a dominant defender but the dude has literally never had any post moves ever. he never looked like mcgee 2 nights ago ... in college. it's the main reason he went from a potential top 5 pick (for obvious talent reasons) toa fringe 2nd rounder...and why he's still got a ways to go towards becoming a complete player. he's essentially a more athletic kendrick perkins at this stage in the game.
Always been a dominant defender? No, just no, DJ in his youth was a wreckless defender, he was pretty much what Javale is now on that end, his defense has improved leaps and bounds since then. And hes actually had a game like that against the Lakers but it was all dunks and catching Bynum asleep. It was the night Bynum scored 42 but Phil criticized him for his poor defense. Fair to say it was a fluke. And yes I get it, Javale is a better offensive player but DJ is a better defender. If this is how Javale is going to continue playing then the debate is over. I just need more proof.

To me its like comparing Shane Battier to Mike Miller back in the day. Miller has the offensive moves but Battier had the defensive impact.

Battier has had series where his defensive impact was nill and his offense a joke, it wouldnt deter me from taking him over the guy with nice O.

pacofunk64
05-10-2012, 11:42 AM
what he should get = 5 year 40 million
what he will get = 5 year 50 million

Chronz
05-10-2012, 11:51 AM
This reminds me of the Chris Kaman vs DeAndre Jordan debate Clip fans were arguing about back in the day, Kaman has the moves but hes so inefficient it hardly mattered, obviously he would have stretches where he looked great, players who take shots eventually find a rhythm but the team was consistently better with DJ. And that was an All-Star Center we were talking about.

Javale is prolly better, his man to man defense is just bad but as he fills out his body that should change.

Chronz
05-10-2012, 12:11 PM
BTW the DPOY Chandler had a worse series than DJ, are they both inferior players to the guy whos currently hot?

Vinylman
05-10-2012, 12:14 PM
Hey Chronz... did you see what Barkley said at halftime about jordan?

somthing to the effect of

You could lock Jordan in a gym overnight by himself... tell him he can't dunk the ball and he would only come out in the morning with 6 points!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Chronz
05-10-2012, 01:18 PM
Hey Chronz... did you see what Barkley said at halftime about jordan?

somthing to the effect of

You could lock Jordan in a gym overnight by himself... tell him he can't dunk the ball and he would only come out in the morning with 6 points!

Well yea, thats how much a beast defender he is. He will lock down the paint if its 1 on 1

ZHawk1123
05-10-2012, 01:34 PM
Celts should throw some money his way

A lineup of

Rondo
Bradley
Pierce
Bass
McGee

Wouldn't be the worst to start rebuilding around...

SluggeR
05-10-2012, 01:35 PM
I've been telling folks for the longest that Mcgee is sumn serious. Put this kid with the right team and he can be very very scary. Look what he's doing with Coach Karl and Karl has about as much love for bigs than donnie nelson did. People let the media influence their opinion too much. Mcgee was in a couple ESPN's Not so top 10's and people just start looking at the kid as a dope. If he goes to a team & coach that are willing to take advantage of his strengths and develop his weaknesses..PERENIAL ALL-STAR & Game Changer.

SluggeR
05-10-2012, 01:38 PM
Celts should throw some money his way

A lineup of

Rondo
Bradley
Pierce
Bass
McGee

Wouldn't be the worst to start rebuilding around...

I'm a Knicks fan through & through, but I proposed last month that if the C's get Mcgee..SMH.

Mcgee
KG
Pierce
Bradley
Rondo

This line-up=KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE.

blahblahyoutoo
05-10-2012, 08:24 PM

by the same, you mean better right?

thekmp211
05-11-2012, 01:42 AM
Always been a dominant defender? No, just no, DJ in his youth was a wreckless defender, he was pretty much what Javale is now on that end, his defense has improved leaps and bounds since then. And hes actually had a game like that against the Lakers but it was all dunks and catching Bynum asleep. It was the night Bynum scored 42 but Phil criticized him for his poor defense. Fair to say it was a fluke. And yes I get it, Javale is a better offensive player but DJ is a better defender. If this is how Javale is going to continue playing then the debate is over. I just need more proof.

To me its like comparing Shane Battier to Mike Miller back in the day. Miller has the offensive moves but Battier had the defensive impact.

Battier has had series where his defensive impact was nill and his offense a joke, it wouldnt deter me from taking him over the guy with nice O.

okay dominant is the wrong word. but it's been the only skill he's ever been able to translate his ability into on the court.

i see what you are saying and definitely agree. im assuming you are referring to when both were on the grizzlies.

i definitely agree that jordan is the more polished NBA product. but he also got grossly overpaid based largely on what he may become down the road. in that sense mcgee is due for as much or more money.

it is by no means confirmed that mcgee is or will be better for the long term. his game tonight shows the WHOLE spectrum at play. but if he stays with a coach like karl i have high hopes for him.

thekmp211
05-11-2012, 01:45 AM
by the same, you mean better right?

i'd like it at the right price. doc and KG would either kill him, or make him into an all star.