PDA

View Full Version : Who are HOF First ballot locks?

Longhornfan1234
05-08-2012, 07:25 PM
Tim Duncan
Kobe
Shaq
LeBron
Jason Kidd
Dirk
Nash
KG

I think these guys are the only locks.

Thoughts?

thekmp211
05-08-2012, 07:33 PM
d wade. paul pierce probably should be as well. otherwise i think you've got it.

edit: this will be a worthwhile thread to bump after the playoffs are over, when the answers can and will be a lot more interesting but this is for this current second.

edit: dwight obviously omitted. ray ray for sure as well. that's the complete list.

xnick5757
05-08-2012, 07:34 PM
Tim Duncan
Kobe
Shaq
LeBron
Jason Kidd
Dirk
Nash
KG

Thoughts?

pierce
allen
wade

Raph12
05-08-2012, 07:35 PM
Add Dwight, Wade and Pierce to the list...

Bruno
05-08-2012, 07:38 PM
Active, based off what has been accomplished as of today:

Bryant
Duncan
KG
LBJ
Wade
Dirk
Pierce
Kidd
Allen
debatable: Chris Paul.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/hof_prob_active.html

Longhornfan1234
05-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Pierce and Wade?

ITT people are unable to discern between 1st ballot HOFer and HOFer.

1st ballott guys have to transcend the game across culture. Its the elite class among the elite. Paul Pierce? He was never even first team all-NBA.

Cal827
05-08-2012, 07:48 PM
D-Wade
Pierce
Scalabraine
Gram
Shep
Saddler
Eagles
Rego
Geargo
Dnewguy
CousinsEvansDuo
The whole Bulls forum

thekmp211
05-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Pierce and Wade?

1st ballott guys have to transcend the game across culture. Its the elite class among the elite. Paul Pierce? He was never even first team all-NBA.

was doing some reading to follow up this post and found a pretty cool article about this: http://nbalegacy.blogspot.com/2011/08/first-ballot-hall-of-fame-nba-players.html

wade is a no brainer. i get your point with pierce. based on the criteria for some of the more surprising first ballot selections (parish and english are relevant comparisons) i could see it going either way, i'd vote for him first ballot. interesting debate though.

Longhornfan1234
05-08-2012, 08:05 PM

Dwight Howard is a lock? Elaborate...

D-Leethal
05-08-2012, 08:10 PM
I think Pierce and Wade are both locks for first ballot.

Bruno
05-08-2012, 08:44 PM
Pierce and Wade?

look at the percentages.

Jumi
05-08-2012, 08:55 PM
Not Wade, maybe Pierce, not Lebron! FIRST BALLOT!

Not yet! Maybe with more cred! If Pierce can get another ring then yeah. Lebron needs two and Wade needs to play more and get one more! Their careers haven't even been long enough to justify that. They either need the rings or the longevity at a high level without the rings!

Longhornfan1234
05-08-2012, 08:58 PM

look at the percentages.

I'm not a fan of those rankings.

Longhornfan1234
05-08-2012, 09:00 PM
Not Wade, maybe Pierce, not Lebron! FIRST BALLOT!

Not yet! Maybe with more cred! If Pierce can get another ring then yeah. Lebron needs two and Wade needs to play more and get one more! Their careers haven't even been long enough to justify that. They either need the rings or the longevity at a high level without the rings!

:facepalm:

3x season MVP, 2 Finals app, and averaging 28, 7, 6 in the playoffs. LeBron is a first ballot HOF lock.

Jumi
05-08-2012, 09:01 PM

How does Dwight even get into the first ballot hall of fame discussion? C'mon Man!

xxplayerxx23
05-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Pierce, and wade for sure will be, But by the end of there careers guys like howard, Chris paul types will be

Pat Thetic
05-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Allen Iverson

ManningToTyree
05-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Wade

not that first ballot matters. A HoFer is a HoFer.

mdm692
05-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Active, based off what has been accomplished as of today:

Bryant
Duncan
KG
LBJ
Wade
Dirk
Pierce
Kidd
Allen
debatable: Chris Paul.
Active today based on accomplishments and no steve nash really?? Smh

Bruno
05-08-2012, 10:03 PM
I'm not a fan of those rankings.

why not?

Bruno
05-08-2012, 10:08 PM
Active today based on accomplishments and no steve nash really?? Smh

you're right forgot about nash. two time MVPs are always first ballot hof-ers, as far as i know.

Longhornfan1234
05-08-2012, 10:09 PM
why not?

Melo, Bosh, Amare, and T-Mac over Nash. :facepalm:

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-08-2012, 10:09 PM
OP made this thread because he purposely left Wade off the list to get fan reaction, only nobody really caught that until now.

pd7631
05-08-2012, 10:11 PM
Bubba Chuck

Longhornfan1234
05-08-2012, 10:12 PM
Allen Iverson

I can't believe I forgot about A.I.

SMH!

PurpleJesus
05-08-2012, 10:21 PM
d wade. paul pierce probably should be as well. otherwise i think you've got it.

edit: this will be a worthwhile thread to bump after the playoffs are over, when the answers can and will be a lot more interesting but this is for this current second.

edit: dwight obviously omitted. ray ray for sure as well. that's the complete list.

I would think Ray Allen for sure too, but then I remembered it took Reggie Miller a couple times to get in. Ray will be in the hall of fame some day, but because of the history with Reggie Miller, I'm not sure he will be first ballot.

PurpleJesus
05-08-2012, 10:22 PM
OP made this thread because he purposely left Wade off the list to get fan reaction, only nobody really caught that until now.

I caught it, his hate for Wade is a little ridiculous in all his posts, but the thread topic still makes for good conversation.

PurpleJesus
05-08-2012, 10:26 PM
Not that I think Tony Parker is a lock (he might make it first ballot), but I am surprised there hasnt even really been any discussion about him.

Fnom11
05-08-2012, 10:35 PM
I caught it, his hate for Wade is a little ridiculous in all his posts, but the thread topic still makes for good conversation.

This.

Agree with list if you added Wade and Pierce, maybe Nash.

Jarvo
05-08-2012, 10:37 PM
Duncan
KG
D Wade
Lebron
IVERSON!
Pierce
Ray Allen
Kobe
Kidd
Shaq
Nash

Lil B The Based God

Chacarron
05-08-2012, 10:37 PM
No love for international players?

meloman1592
05-08-2012, 10:38 PM
Toney Douglas

Jarvo
05-08-2012, 10:39 PM
IVERSON also *he should be, But how he has acted smh*

superwill
05-08-2012, 10:40 PM
how long did it take calvin murphy to get in some people would say he was a better lil man then allen iverson ever was......also people for get it's not the nba hall of fame it's the basketball hall of fame they look at everything you do in basketball.

Big Zo
05-08-2012, 10:43 PM
OP is a LeBron nut hugger that has shared his hatred for Wade multiple times. He left him out on purpose to bait and be a douche with no life.

PurpleJesus
05-08-2012, 10:44 PM
how long did it take calvin murphy to get in some people would say he was a better lil man then allen iverson ever was

Yeah, some people seem like locks for first ballot but they arent...some examples include, but are not limited to Gary Payton, Reggie Miller, George Gervin, Willis Reed, etc...

going off of how tough it is to be a first ballot HOFer, I think the list that most people have come up with, will have at least 2 or 3 of those players not making it.

Longhornfan1234
05-08-2012, 10:46 PM
OP is a LeBron nut hugger that has shared his hatred for Wade multiple times. He left him out on purpose to bait and be a douche with no life.

Wade is a HOF, but not a "first ballot" HOF lock.

SugeKnight
05-08-2012, 10:54 PM
Ginobili maybe. Gold medalist, 3x nba champion, multiple 6th man award winner

PurpleJesus
05-08-2012, 10:56 PM
I would like to add Jesus Shuttlesworth to the list.

fin_frenzy_84
05-08-2012, 10:58 PM
Scalabrine

mdm692
05-08-2012, 11:06 PM
Isnt ginobili the only player in nba history to win a fiba world championship, nba championship and a euro league championship? That should be good enough to guarantee 1st ballot.

lamar2006
05-08-2012, 11:10 PM
why is Lebron a HOF lock? what records does he have, rings, etc. Other than being the youngest to get to X amount of points he has done nothing. If he retired today he is a HOF.

Lakerhead4ever
05-08-2012, 11:16 PM
someone pls tell me what wade has done to be a first ballot?

Dont get me wrong, he is a top 5 player in the league right now. and has been for the past few years. hes won a championship with shaq but how is he a FIRST ballot? what has he done?

lebron is a first ballot, but if lebron is a first ballot with a ring, then Vince Carter and Tmac Allen Iverson, Paul pierce are as well.

but to me, wade is nothing special like lebron, kobe, dirks. just my opinion

thekmp211
05-08-2012, 11:17 PM
I would think Ray Allen for sure too, but then I remembered it took Reggie Miller a couple times to get in. Ray will be in the hall of fame some day, but because of the history with Reggie Miller, I'm not sure he will.

reggie imo is one of the more overrated players in nba history. ray is on a whole different level career wise, but i'd agree that the dynamic might play a part here. who knows.

Not that I think Tony Parker is a lock (he might make it first ballot), but I am surprised there hasnt even really been any discussion about him.

yeah jeez i completely brain farted on all the intl. players and was just talking about them.

dirk, manu, parker, pau and probably marc are all locks with their international resumes combined with nba success.

why is Lebron a HOF lock? what records does he have, rings, etc. Other than being the youngest to get to X amount of points he has done nothing. If he retired today he is a HOF.

take a look at some of the first ballot HoF, and HoF in general. if bill bradley, a good player and politician but hardly a star in any sense, can make the hall first ballot, lebron should be a lock as well. the basketball hall is wonky in general, though, that is for sure.

Longhornfan1234
05-08-2012, 11:42 PM
someone pls tell me what wade has done to be a first ballot?
Dont get me wrong, he is a top 5 player in the league right now. and has been for the past few years. hes won a championship with shaq but how is he a FIRST ballot? what has he done?
lebron is a first ballot, but if lebron is a first ballot with a ring, then Vince Carter and Tmac Allen Iverson, Paul pierce are as well.

but to me, wade is nothing special like lebron, kobe, dirks. just my opinion

Preach brother. No one will give you a legit answer.

THE MTL
05-08-2012, 11:57 PM
This is first ballot we are discussin. not if they make it to the HOF or not. I wouldnt add in wade as a first ballot not yet maybe its just me. Now, if he wins another title then definitely.

I would add Paul Pierce to the list of first ballot hall of famers though

Hellcrooner
05-09-2012, 12:00 AM

what a surprise :rolleyes:

If theres still a psd around in some years i will stick Manus and Paus first ballot inductions into whoevers butt is still here.

thekmp211
05-09-2012, 12:05 AM
Preach brother. No one will give you a legit answer.

lol. i'll spare you the vitriol of some heat fans on here..

25.15 ppg, good for 10th all time.

finals MVP, putting up jordan-esque numbers you can look up yourself.

8 straight all star appearances.

2 first team all nba, 5 second team 1 3rd. all while competing for spots with a certain mr. black mamba, who beat him for first team at least once when wade clearly deserved it.

3 time all-nba defensive team.

beyond all the numbers, he's one of 5-10 stars that is a self-contained brand. he in part defines his generation of ballers, and is the only one of his generation to win a ring as the best player on the team. this is still a KG/Kobe/duncan league, except for when wade went ham in 2006. he's a no brainer Hall of Famer, and one of the best 3/4 shooting guards of all time. but yeah good question...

naps
05-09-2012, 12:20 AM

2 first team all nba, 5 second team 1 3rd. all while competing for spots with a certain mr. black mamba, who beat him for first team at least once when wade clearly deserved it.

beyond all the numbers, he's one of 5-10 stars that is a self-contained brand. he in part defines his generation of ballers, and is the only one of his generation to win a ring as the best player on the team. this is still a KG/Kobe/duncan league, except for when wade went ham in 2006. he's a no brainer MVP, and one of the best 3 shooting guards of all time. but yeah good question...

Wrong.Wrong.Wrong.

Every please say Wade shouldn't be on the list. Thus help the OP sleep tonight.

Avenged
05-09-2012, 12:28 AM
Pierce and Wade?

Wade is an NBA champion w/ a Finals MVP on one of the most memorable playoff performances on top of all the other stuff he's accomplished.

The Finals MVP alone probably makes him a 1st ballot HOF since his career hasn't been short of magnificent.

Cal827
05-09-2012, 12:29 AM

beyond all the numbers, he's one of 5-10 stars that is a self-contained brand. he in part defines his generation of ballers, and is the only one of his generation to win a ring as the best player on the team. this is still a KG/Kobe/duncan league, except for when wade went ham in 2006. he's a no brainer MVP, and one of the best 3 shooting guards of all time. but yeah good question...

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

thekmp211
05-09-2012, 12:31 AM
Wrong.Wrong.Wrong.

Every please say Wade shouldn't be on the list. Thus help the OP sleep tonight.

/sarcasm'd?

Patman
05-09-2012, 08:13 AM
Since it is Basketball HOF Manu should be a lock for 1st ballot.

3X NBA Champion
2X All NBA third Team
NBA sixth man
Olympic Gold
Euroleague champion
Euroleague Finals MVP
Euroleague First Team
2x Italian league MVP and Championship
2x FIBA World Championship All-Tournament Team
FIBA Americas Championship

The only thing that is missing is a World Championship, best was a silver medal. He's still one of only 2 Players ever to win an NBA Ring, Olympic Gold and an Euroleague Championship.

Based on his overall accomplishments I don't see a reason why he wouldn't warrant a first ballot induction.

theheatles
05-09-2012, 08:36 AM
OP clearly created this thread just to exclude Wade

Wade might not be a 1st ballot if his career ended today, but he just needs to pad his resume up with longevity and it's a 1st ballot lock, no question

RaiderLakersA's
05-09-2012, 11:27 AM
Add Ray Allen to that list.

On a side note, he's not a lock, but I'd like to see Robert Horry get in one day.

cleptopot
05-09-2012, 03:15 PM
what about guys like billups, parker, gasol, melo, amare, johnson?

uprightciti
05-09-2012, 03:38 PM
Bostons Big 3
Shaq
Kobe
Duncan
Nash
Dirk
Parker
Manu (maybe)
Kidd

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-09-2012, 03:40 PM
OP is a wade hater, so no surprise here lol

uprightciti
05-09-2012, 03:45 PM
followed by
Lebron
Wade
CP3
Durant
Howard

long shots
Wade
Melo
Bynum
Chandler
Amare

and the verdict is still out there for Rose

thekmp211
05-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Bostons Big 3
Shaq
Kobe
Duncan
Nash
Dirk
Parker
Manu (maybe)
Kidd

followed by
Lebron
Wade
CP3
Durant
Howard

long shots
Wade
Melo
Bynum
Chandler
Amare

that is a travesty. andrew bynum?? derrick rose has played 3 years!! don't compare their career accomplishments to dwyane wade. as for the knicks players...melo and stat will PROBABLY make it one day, certainly not first ballot if their careers ended tomorrow. chandler has been really solid the past 2 seasons, and another 2 in new orleans. besides that his career has been a disappointment. please be more of a homer though.

ManRam
05-09-2012, 03:51 PM
b-r.com's HOF probabilities (sorry if someone else posted them).

1. Kobe Bryant 1.0000
2. Tim Duncan 0.9999
3. Kevin Garnett 0.9985
4. LeBron James 0.9941
5. Dwyane Wade 0.9917
6. Dirk Nowitzki 0.9882
7. Paul Pierce 0.9836
8. Jason Kidd 0.9613
9. Ray Allen 0.9382
10. Chris Paul 0.8408
11. Vince Carter 0.8135
12. Dwight Howard 0.7209
13. Tony Parker 0.7121
14. Carmelo Anthony 0.6898
15. Chris Bosh 0.6789
16. Pau Gasol 0.6356
17. Amare Stoudemire 0.6027
18. Tracy McGrady 0.5822
19. Steve Nash 0.5761
20. Grant Hill 0.4069

I think the first 4 are absolute slam-dunk first ballot HOFers right now.

I think Wade and Dirk have arguments for first ballots and another ring or two will cement it. (I'd probably say both are already 1st ballots, but I can see arguments against it).

Pierce, Kidd and Allen all are locks to make it, obviously, but I'm not sure any are firt ballots. I wouldn't be against Pierce nor Kidd making it on their first try, however.

Paul will be a lock to make it and potentially a first-ballot in a few years. Same with Dwight.

I wouldn't mind if Vince didn't make it at all.

Parker, Nash, Gasol should all make it, but not on the first try. Manu as well (surprised he's down at 26...especially since Marion, Gil and JJ are ahead of him)

Melo, Bosh, Amare, T-Mac and Grant are on the outside looking in. The first three obviously can improve their stock, though, I doubt any of them will make it on the first try.

And then obviously guys like Durant, Rose and Deron..and to a lesser extent Love, Westbrook, Bynum etc. have shots to be there some day.

theheatles
05-09-2012, 03:52 PM
followed by
Lebron
Wade
CP3
Durant
Howard

long shots
Wade
Melo
Bynum
Chandler
Amare

hmm, i see you have Wade listed twice and if by some chance the 2nd listing is really your choice and you have Durant ahead of Wade in HOF criteria right now, well....

Lakersfan2483
05-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Kobe Bryant
Steve Nash
Tim Duncan
Kevin Garnett
Ray Allen
Paul Pierce
Lebron James
Dwyane Wade
Jason Kidd
Dirk Nowitzki

Guys that will most likely make it that aren't first ballot as of now:

Pau Gasol
Chauncey Billups
Manu Ginobli
Tony Parker
T-Mac (on the bubble)
Vince Carter (on the bubble)
Ben Wallace (on the bubble)

Young guys that will make it if they continue to play the way they are: Kevin Durant (1st ballot), Dwight Howard (1st ballot), Chris Paul (1st ballot), Deron Williams, Carmelo Anthony, Derrick Rose (hope he can stay healthy), Rajon Rondo.

Players no longer in the NBA that will make it: Shaquille O'neal, Allen Iverson

theheatles
05-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Wade will be a 1st ballot lock in less than 50 days

kdspurman
05-09-2012, 04:09 PM
Wade will be a 1st ballot lock in less than 50 days

How so?

tapajafri
05-09-2012, 06:38 PM

No, not yet.

tapajafri
05-09-2012, 06:39 PM
Kobe Bryant
Steve Nash
Tim Duncan
Kevin Garnett
Ray Allen
Paul Pierce
Lebron James
Dwyane Wade
Jason Kidd
Dirk Nowitzki

Guys that will most likely make it that aren't first ballot as of now:

Pau Gasol
Chauncey Billups
Manu Ginobli
Tony Parker
T-Mac (on the bubble)
Vince Carter (on the bubble)
Ben Wallace (on the bubble)

Young guys that will make it if they continue to play the way they are: Kevin Durant (1st ballot), Dwight Howard (1st ballot), Chris Paul (1st ballot), Deron Williams, Carmelo Anthony, Derrick Rose (hope he can stay healthy), Rajon Rondo.

Players no longer in the NBA that will make it: Shaquille O'neal, Allen Iverson

Disagree with all of your non-first ballots. It's a shame that people think the hall of fame is the all star game or something. It's very difficult to make.

theheatles
05-09-2012, 06:44 PM
How so?

Heat are going to beat the Spurs in the finals ;)

kdspurman
05-09-2012, 06:53 PM
Heat are going to beat the Spurs in the finals ;)

Oh heatles... Did you learn nothing from last years finals :p

That is if we make it there of course.... Big IF

Jumi
05-09-2012, 07:25 PM

3x season MVP, 2 Finals app, and averaging 28, 7, 6 in the playoffs. LeBron is a first ballot HOF lock.

Dude, I wish I knew you personally so I could talk smack to you when he doesn't get in based on the criteria I described. I don't care what his numbers are, if Lebron doesn't win a ring he won't be first ballot!! He'll get in, but he won't be first ballot!!

Jumi
05-09-2012, 07:38 PM

1. Kobe Bryant 1.0000
2. Tim Duncan 0.9999
3. Kevin Garnett 0.9985
4. LeBron James 0.9941
5. Dwyane Wade 0.9917
6. Dirk Nowitzki 0.9882
7. Paul Pierce 0.9836
8. Jason Kidd 0.9613
9. Ray Allen 0.9382
10. Chris Paul 0.8408
11. Vince Carter 0.8135
12. Dwight Howard 0.7209
13. Tony Parker 0.7121
15. Chris Bosh 0.6789
16. Pau Gasol 0.6356
18. Tracy McGrady 0.5822
19. Steve Nash 0.5761
20. Grant Hill 0.4069

I think Wade and Dirk have arguments for first ballots and another ring or two will cement it. (I'd probably say both are already 1st ballots, but I can see arguments against it).

Pierce, Kidd and Allen all are locks to make it, obviously, but I'm not sure any are firt ballots. I wouldn't be against Pierce nor Kidd making it on their first try, however.

Paul will be a lock to make it and potentially a first-ballot in a few years. Same with Dwight.

Parker, Nash, Gasol should all make it, but not on the first try. Manu as well (surprised he's down at 26...especially since Marion, Gil and JJ are ahead of him)

Melo, Bosh, Amare, T-Mac and Grant are on the outside looking in. The first three obviously can improve their stock, though, I doubt any of them will make it on the first try.

And then obviously guys like Durant, Rose and Deron..and to a lesser extent Love, Westbrook, Bynum etc. have shots to be there some day.

This is why the "NBA" needs a seperate hall of fame. Some of the guys on that list haven't done enough to be considered hall of fame worthy. It should take more than just numbers. I mean Cris Carter isnt in the NFL hall of fame yet and some of the guys here havent done anything first ballot or HOF worthy...Bosh, Grant Hill?

Cue the fanboys that voted for Melo in the All Star game even though he was hurt or any other person that "likes" a player and can't believe the world doesn't share their opinon!!

UPRock
05-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Tim Duncan
Kobe Bryant
Shaq O'neill
Kevin Garnett
Ray Allen
LeBron James
D'Wade
Paul Pierce
Manu Ginobili
Steve Nash
Jason Kidd
Dirk Nowitzki
and...
White Mamba

Reversed86Curse
05-09-2012, 07:56 PM
D-Wade
Pierce
Scalabraine
Gram
Shep
Saddler
Eagles
Rego
Geargo
Dnewguy
CousinsEvansDuo
The whole Bulls forum

Thank you for the much needed laugh!

Klivlend
05-09-2012, 08:14 PM
I really wish the Mike James joke was still funny...

kenzo400
05-09-2012, 08:17 PM
a

thekmp211
05-09-2012, 08:22 PM
vince and t-mac are not first ballot. love them, they will probably make it and i think deservingly so, but not first ballot.

B-R HoF probability -- that list is pretty awful. off the top :

nash second to last? wedged between mcgrady and grant hill? crazy, he's a lead pipe lock to get in, and i'd say first ballot cause i think he's the best shooter ever. but 57% probability??

bosh and melo over gasol is another joke considering hall criteria.

besides guys with all-time HoF stats and resumes that tool is pretty flawed imo. it also can't and won't account for non-nba play. i'd love for an NBA-only hall to exist, it would change the debate quite a bit.

RenegadeRiot36
05-09-2012, 08:29 PM
Dont forget Iverson

JasonJohnHorn
05-09-2012, 11:10 PM
Pierce, Allen, Wade, Melo... there's a few guys, CP3, Gasol, Ginobli, Parker (those guys have Euro-play going for them as well). And we don't know what the future will hold for some guys. If NY makes the right aquisitions in the offseason Chandler could end up a multiple time champion on two different teams. He could potentially be a HOFer is he wins more. BG still has a lot to prove, but he may very well be a first-ballot type. There's a lot of time between now and the HOF for many players in the NBA right now. Winning really changes things, so somebody like chandler could very well find himself as a first ballot guy if he wins a lot, or not make it at all if he never wins again.

HoodedSB
05-09-2012, 11:15 PM
duncan, kobe, shaq, nash, lebron, kevin garnett

AntiG
05-09-2012, 11:32 PM
amongst players active as of 2012 (hence Shaq is not counted on this list):
Duncan, Kobe, Garnett, Pierce, Allen, Nash, Kidd, James, Nowitzki, Iverson (maybe, his media/character issues might keep him from going first ballot though he easily deserves it) are the only true locks out there. You can't even make a legitimate argument to keep them out of the HOF period, and barely can even argue against any of them going first ballot.

Ginobili, Parker and Ben Wallace probably all make it into the HOF at some point, but probably not first ballot, though Ginobili may have a legit shot at that.

Amongst the non-LBJ younger players: Wade, Howard, Durant, Melo, CP3, Deron, Rose and Rondo all will probably be basically guaranteed in another 4-5 years if they keep playing at the level they have been.

Vince Carter, McGrady, Pau are the next ones considered but its hard to see them getting in, though Pau's international experience and being part of the Lakers' championship teams might give him an edge.

Eagles4Lyfe
05-09-2012, 11:44 PM
D-Wade
Pierce
Scalabraine
Gram
Shep
Saddler
Eagles
Rego
Geargo
Dnewguy
CousinsEvansDuo
The whole Bulls forum

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I just had to come in here and happen to run into this hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Cal827
05-09-2012, 11:45 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I just had to come in here and happen to run into this hahahahahahahahahahahaha

troll so hard mutha-****a's wanna find me....:dance:

Eagles4Lyfe
05-09-2012, 11:46 PM
What do you guys think about Fisher, Horry, TP??

smood999
05-09-2012, 11:50 PM

1. Kobe Bryant 1.0000
2. Tim Duncan 0.9999
3. Kevin Garnett 0.9985
4. LeBron James 0.9941
5. Dwyane Wade 0.9917
6. Dirk Nowitzki 0.9882
7. Paul Pierce 0.9836
8. Jason Kidd 0.9613
9. Ray Allen 0.9382
10. Chris Paul 0.8408
11. Vince Carter 0.8135
12. Dwight Howard 0.7209
13. Tony Parker 0.7121
15. Chris Bosh 0.6789
16. Pau Gasol 0.6356
18. Tracy McGrady 0.5822
19. Steve Nash 0.5761
20. Grant Hill 0.4069

You have to consider who the voters would vote in...we have a lot of discussions about overrated and underrated and all of that is based on the public perception of a player and basic stats not advanced....so who do the majority of the ppl...media, former players, current players...feel are the best players of their time?

I don't think that Melo is first ballot but by the media, current and former players it seems as if he's looked upon as one of the best of his time (which is why we constantly have debates about if he's overrated)...it is the reason why Wade is absolutely going to make it his first try...it's the reason why that list that was posted from basketball reference is a good barometer...

as far as Nash goes, many are forgetting that he was a late bloomer...his 2 MVP's will make him first ballot...if not for those awards he'd be in but probably not the first try...his numbers (career) do not blow anyone away

I think the first 8 on this list, CP3 (greatest pg since Isiah), Dwight (best center of his time) and Nash (2 MVP's) will ultimately make it on the first try

Also, Ginobli even though he doesn't appear on this list...he and Dirk are looked upon as the greatest Euro's ever

smood999
05-09-2012, 11:59 PM
also add Ginobli, as he and Dirk are looked at as the best Euro's ever..

Sadds The Gr8
05-10-2012, 12:12 AM
D-Wade
Pierce
Scalabraine
Gram
Shep
Saddler
Eagles
Rego
Geargo
Dnewguy
CousinsEvansDuo
The whole Bulls forum

this.

AntiG
05-10-2012, 12:31 AM

Ginobili is not European, but certainly will have a great shot at the HOFer due to his contributions to the Spurs dynasty and as an international star.

thekmp211
05-10-2012, 12:36 AM
^^ thank you, everyone forgets this for whatever reason (including me). argentine. doesn't change his awesome resume, but yeah.

Hellcrooner
05-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Dudes.

ARVYDAS SABONIS is IN

What are his Nba Acolades?

All rookie first team, thats it, no allstars, no finals, no rings, no all league teams, Nothing.

DRATZEN PETROVIC is in .

Nba acolades?

o Nothing at all.

What makes you think that Manu and Pau that have, Similar or better FIBA acolades than those two and then they have been , champions, Allstars, being an All league teams

Are "dubious" to enter?

That is being Stupid and Xenophobic.

They woudl enter just on their Fiba merits, and they would enter On an Only nba merits too, theres no way around it.

1st ballot?

75% odds for both.

Hellcrooner
05-10-2012, 12:21 PM
Btw talking bout players that are already retired and will be eligible soon.

You can bet your *** that TONI KUKOC is being inducted in the next few years.

All the FIba merits in the world and three rings.

Hellcrooner
05-10-2012, 12:23 PM

Except Manu is not european.

Pau and Dirk are the best nba euros ever.

In no order.

Pau, Dirk, Sabonis, Divac, Petrovic, Kukoc + (never played on nba) Epi, Gallis, Dalipaglic, Meneghin

Those are the top 10 european players ever. ( bolded ones, are already in the HOF, SHouldnt be long until Gallis, Epi, Divac and kukoc are inducted since they are eligible.

AntiG
05-10-2012, 01:51 PM
Btw talking bout players that are already retired and will be eligible soon.

You can bet your *** that TONI KUKOC is being inducted in the next few years.

All the FIba merits in the world and three rings.

because that isn't the topic of conversation in this thread :shrug:

Hellcrooner
05-10-2012, 01:53 PM
because that isn't the topic of conversation in this thread :shrug:

Well , since i think he is still in tme for beign first ballot, it actually is:p

Wade>You
05-10-2012, 01:53 PM
Longhorn purposely created this thread so he could leave out Wade. He absolutely hates him.

Hellcrooner
05-10-2012, 02:03 PM
Longhorn purposely created this thread so he could leave out Wade. He absolutely hates him.

Wade is a First ballot hands out.

I doubt theres any player that has LEAD their team to a Ring and didnt make it at first try.

Stinkyoutsider
05-10-2012, 02:15 PM
Yeah, I agree with Lebron getting in on the first go. Any time people can compare you and your game positively against an all time great like Magic Johnson, you're a first ballot hall of famer...

I don't know about Wade yet as far as first ballot. I think he gets in especially if he keeps up the level of performance for another 2 years. I think it would be depending on who's on the ballot for him to be in on the first one.

Paul Pierce though? Nah, no way. No disrespect to him because he's a great player, but I can't imagine him on the first ballot. I think 2 more years at this level and he's totally locked up his entry though.

AntiG
05-14-2012, 12:59 PM
^ Pierce is a clearcut first-ballot lock.

After Paul Pierce single-handedly won Game 2 of the Atlanta series, a friend of mine e-mailed, "Has there ever been anyone quite like Pierce?"

The short answer: No.

The long answer is a little more fun. Statistically, there's never been a wing player like him. In the regular season, he's already played 37,785 minutes (39th all-time), scored 22,591 points (30th), averaged 22 points a game (30th), grabbed 6,164 rebounds (150th), dished out 3,935 assists (100th), tallied 1,499 steals (40th), earned a 20.7 PER (52nd), submitted a 27.8 percent usage rate (19th), accumulated 131.2 win shares (34th), made 6,101 free throws (17th) and drained 1,679 3-pointers (ninth). The first number (minutes) and the last two (free throws and 3s) explain Pierce's career better than anything: He's one of the finest, most durable inside/outside offensive players ever, and that's before you factor in his career shooting splits (45% FG, 37% 3FG, 81% FT). He also hasn't been a slouch in the postseason: In 116 playoff games (and counting), he's averaged 39.6 minutes (33rd), 21.4 points (34th) and 6.5 rebounds (117th) with 43/35/83 shooting splits, making 190 3s (11th) and 714 free throws (24th) and even winning a Finals MVP (in 2008). Combining the regular season and playoffs, Pierce could approach 45,000 total minutes by the end of Boston's current playoff run. With no sign of slowing down.

All right, so let's say Pierce plays four more years (realistic) and finishes with regular-season numbers like 45,000 minutes, 27,500 points, 7,000 rebounds, 4,500 assists, 7,000 made free throws and 2,000 made 3s. Again, those are SAFE estimates. Here's how those numbers would land on the all-time list today: 15th, ninth, 104th, 73rd, seventh and third, giving him a résumé that doesn't resemble anybody's — with one notable exception: Kobe Bean Bryant, who's headed for 50,000 minutes, 35,000 points, 7,000 rebounds, 6,300 assists, 8,500 made free throws, 1,900 made 3s and 45/34/84 shooting splits (if you're making an equally realistic projection for his next few years, removing all future Germany trips).

nrwskinny
05-14-2012, 01:28 PM
When you say first ballot---depends on who's on the ballot..correct?
However, my opinion, the benchmark for basketball really hasn't been established. For example, in baseball the benchmark is 300 wins, 3000 hits and\or 550 homeruns, additionally and MVP or two and a ring or two helps whent the numbers dont match. My favorite player of all time was Dominique Wilkins. Nique never won and MVP nor a title. I really dont think he made his team mates better....But he got in.
So if i had to choose today--here's my list of players who are IN up to this point in their careers.

Bryant
Duncan
Dirk
KG
Pierce
Gasol
Ray Allen
Nash
Manu
Jason Kidd

EYDI819
05-14-2012, 01:55 PM

Spurs are not commercialized like everybody else that is why Parkes is always in the dark when MVP and HOF discussions are concerned.

Nash - 2x MVP 8x allstar
Wade - Champion & Finals MVP 8x allstar
Pierce - Champion & Finals MVP 10x allstar

I think those stats/accolades should be good enough right?

XxSPEEDRAC3RxX
05-14-2012, 02:33 PM
Kevin durant

3× NBA All-Star
NBA all star MVP
3× NBA scoring champion
2× All-NBA First Team
FIBA World Championship MVP

Oh and not to mention he also is a 2x H-O-R-S-E Competition winner :D lol

JordansBulls
05-14-2012, 05:09 PM
Tim Duncan
Kobe
Shaq
LeBron
Jason Kidd
Dirk
Nash
KG

Thoughts?

:confused:

How the hell is Wade not a lock?

JordansBulls
05-14-2012, 05:11 PM

I can see that now.

JWO35
05-14-2012, 05:12 PM
Allen Iverson :shrug:

Sactown
05-14-2012, 05:13 PM
Except Manu is not european.

Pau and Dirk are the best nba euros ever.

In no order.

Pau, Dirk, Sabonis, Divac, Petrovic, Kukoc + (never played on nba) Epi, Gallis, Dalipaglic, Meneghin

Those are the top 10 european players ever. ( bolded ones, are already in the HOF, SHouldnt be long until Gallis, Epi, Divac and kukoc are inducted since they are eligible.

What about my boy Peja Stojakovic!?

Hellcrooner
05-14-2012, 05:17 PM
What about my boy Peja Stojakovic!?

He is good , top ten in euros that played nba, but not in complete euros list.

Alayla
05-14-2012, 11:54 PM
List y u troll I3? No but for real no AI? Really?

DreamShaker
05-15-2012, 12:29 AM
Duncan
Kobe
Kidd
Paul Pierce
Wade
Lebron
Dirk
Nash
KG

Are all no brainers. If Durant, Rose, Howard, Melo, and a few others continue to stay injury free they are in. Once guys like Pau, Allen, Manu, and Parker retire, people will talk themselves into first-balloting those guys. Once people retire every sports writer will write articles and look at stats and rings and memories and they are in. Are they all better than a guy like Wilkins? Probably not. But winning matters in these types of things.

JordansBulls
05-15-2012, 03:03 PM

Gasol as well. 4x allstar and 2x champion along with Euro resume.