PDA

View Full Version : Chris Webber calls out Blake Griffin for Flopping.

Bruno
05-08-2012, 06:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qel0efA3wQ&feature=g-all-u

Didn't know such brutal and accurate honesty was available in the media. Can anyone honestly say with a straight face that C-Web is wrong here?

Bruno
05-08-2012, 06:38 PM
sorry if this has already been posted, but i'm not seein' it.

Avenged
05-08-2012, 06:39 PM
I'd listen to Webber when he calls out someone for flopping.. He played w/ the maestro Divac.

Bruno
05-08-2012, 06:41 PM
I'd listen to Webber when he calls out someone for flopping.. He played w/ the maestro Divac.

he alludes to that, but doesn't call him by name specifically.

ThunderousDemon
05-08-2012, 06:44 PM
Blake is just learning from Chris Paul on how to better his art in flopping.

meloman1592
05-08-2012, 06:45 PM
I wish Webber covered Heat games so he could call out wade and lebron

ThunderousDemon
05-08-2012, 06:46 PM
I wish Webber covered Heat games so he could call out wade and lebron

That Lebron flop, I need a gif of it if you know where I could find one.

Bruno
05-08-2012, 06:46 PM
Webbers criticism could be used for dozens of players, we know this. it's just interesting to me that he'd put forth such a brutally honest critique during playoffs towards one of the NBA youngest and brightest stars.

popo85
05-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Webb just stating the facts cant wait til Shaq and Charles call him out too, this crap wouldn't play back in the 90's guys like Oakley and Mason would punk Griffin all day...

sep11ie
05-08-2012, 06:50 PM
You would think someone that flops as much as him would learn to shoot FT's.

Beltrans Mole
Webbers criticism could be used for dozens of players, we know this. it's just interesting to me that he'd put forth such a brutally honest critique during playoffs towards one of the NBA youngest and brightest stars.

I don't think it matters how young or how bright of a star he is...the guy flops a ton. I like Blake Griffin and I think he's good for the game, but I can't ****ing stand when this **** goes on in the NBA. They really just need to start doing something about it....what that is, I have no idea.

Bruno
Webb just stating the facts cant wait til Shaq and Charles call him out too, this crap wouldn't play back in the 90's guys like Oakley and Mason would punk Griffin all day...

those guys would try to physically check him and play him hard. but they'd be in several of blakes posters too. everyone would be checkin everyone. oak didn't have the height or hops to keep Blake from getting a few posters.

Bruno
05-08-2012, 06:53 PM
I don't think it matters how young or how bright of a star he is...the guy flops a ton. it matters in terms of the exposure of such criticism.

I like Blake Griffin and I think he's good for the game, but I can't ****ing stand when this **** goes on in the NBA. They really just need to start doing something about it....what that is, I have no idea.

a lot of people agree with you. a few buddies of mine were talking about it being like defensive three seconds. on a teams first flop, a warning is given. on the second, the opposing team gets one technical free-throw, and one thereafter for each flop. my only problem would be with implementation of such a rule; does it ruin the flow of the game? do refs need to double check all footage before a technical free-throw is granted? it gets complicated, maybe too complicated. proper implementation is key.

ThunderousDemon
05-08-2012, 06:55 PM
You would think someone that flops as much as him would learn to shoot FT's.

2011-12 Reg Season 52%

2011-12 Post Season 55%

Career 59%

:ouch:

Bodhidogma
05-08-2012, 06:57 PM
c-webb is spot on. griffin's flopping is casting a dark shadow over what could otherwise be a great career. stop throwing your head around like youre a ragdoll! f'sakes! griffin also punked out when zac randolph went chest to chest with him after the foul - blake stuck his chest out first, then z-bo flared his and, as is becoming the norm, blake fell backwards. go toe to toe with zac and talk some **** in his ear! sadly, a lot of it has to do with the referees and the pansy-assed way the game is called these days. blake is only using the rules to his advantage. makes him look like a chump though.

CityofTreez
05-08-2012, 07:03 PM
Webber is right, and Griffin has this special protection in the NBA.

NBA needs Blake Griffin, that's all.

Bruno
05-08-2012, 07:07 PM
c-webb is spot on. griffin's flopping is casting a dark shadow over what could otherwise be a great career. stop throwing your head around like youre a ragdoll! f'sakes! griffin also punked out when zac randolph went chest to chest with him after the foul - blake stuck his chest out first, then z-bo flared his and, as is becoming the norm, blake fell backwards. go toe to toe with zac and talk some **** in his ear! sadly, a lot of it has to do with the referees and the pansy-assed way the game is called these days. blake is only using the rules to his advantage. makes him look like a chump though.

149 posts since July 2005? You must have the lowest post-per-day average in PSD history. how many times have you forgotten your password? :laugh2:

i agree that c-web is spot on here.

Bodhidogma
05-08-2012, 07:16 PM
0.06 posts per day. some of us are quite busy and just like to read the boards from time to time, and on occasion, make a post when a subject irritates them enough.

that alright by you maritimer?

jimm120
05-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Blake is just learning from Chris Paul on how to better his art in flopping.

what place is that in your sig?

meloman1592
05-08-2012, 07:26 PM
That Lebron flop, I need a gif of it if you know where I could find one.

I seen someone in the knicks forum with it..idk who though

Longhornfan1234
05-08-2012, 07:31 PM
Honestly, the same thing is happening in basketball that happens in soccer: you are encouraged to flop. Flopping brings good things, and therefore you should flop. It's easy to say players shouldn't flop, but second a guy DOESN'T do it, their opponent gains an edge by doing it.
The rules are written that way, and that is the way guys will play. Specific players are being singled out here, but the truth is that all basketball players exaggerate fouls. And the players that get singled out as being "floppers" are just the guys that get the ball and drive more than other players. Find me a player who is a superstar who makes his living driving to the basket and I'll show you a guy whose detractors will label a flopper.

Raph12
05-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Diss him all you'd like, but you will never see Dwight flopping around; it's become a staple of today's game, hell even Shaq took a dive in the latter end of his career: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGdKTiC51aw

Bruno
05-08-2012, 07:41 PM
0.06 posts per day. some of us are quite busy and just like to read the boards from time to time, and on occasion, make a post when a subject irritates them enough.
totally.

by new brunswick, i mean my house in los angeles :cheers:

Lakeshow24KB
05-08-2012, 07:42 PM
**** yes C-Webb finally someone steps up and says it.

1-800-STFU
05-08-2012, 07:46 PM
If it's part of the game and helps your team win HOW can someone blame him?

This is a NBA problem, not a Blake Griffin problem. Props to him to doing what he can to help his team win and not giving a **** about what people think.

ThunderousDemon
05-08-2012, 07:53 PM
what place is that in your sig?

Grove Street :smoking:

Bodhidogma
05-08-2012, 07:58 PM
by new brunswick, i mean my house in los angeles :cheers:

my mistake i guess!

flake griffin still needs to grow a set though.

AddiX
05-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Bron amd wade got away with so many calls in game 1 they had to change refs, I think the heat had something like 20 more FT shots.

Stars flopping Is completely ruining the playoffs. No reason for guys built like tanks flopping and crying like little girls.

WVNowitzki
05-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Agree 100% with C Webb and he's learning from one of the best ******* in the league in Chris Paul. It get's old watching these huge dudes get brushed and fall like they've been shot. It's really a stain on the league and it's a blatent protection of star players, which is sad. In the end, it ain't about talent, it's how much money you can get and that sucks.

Sadds The Gr8
05-08-2012, 08:20 PM
He's right, but on a seperate note, Cwebb is a garbage commentator.

smith&wesson
05-08-2012, 08:22 PM

he just joking around bra

smith&wesson
05-08-2012, 08:25 PM
If it's part of the game and helps your team win HOW can someone blame him?

This is a NBA problem, not a Blake Griffin problem. Props to him to doing what he can to help his team win and not giving a **** about what people think.

i agree.. this is a problem around the league.

the reason blake stands out soo much is because he likes to stare ppl down after he crowns them, he likes to act tough, but the min someone breathes on him he cries like a girl. thats what makes it stand out so much with him. if you can dish it you should be able to take it too.

Detroit's Time
05-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Griffin needs to be a man and quit flopping like a *****. I hope someone lays him out

Chronz
05-08-2012, 08:33 PM
i agree.. this is a problem around the league.

the reason blake stands out soo much is because he likes to stare ppl down after he crowns them, he likes to act tough, but the min someone breathes on him he cries like a girl. thats what makes it stand out so much with him. if you can dish it you should be able to take it too.

See I dont understand this criticism at all, he does take it, he takes the most punishment of anyone in the league. Its the reason he feels the need to exaggerate the contact. That its hurting his game overall is a problem but lets not exaggerate his flaws.

smith&wesson
05-08-2012, 08:42 PM
See I dont understand this criticism at all, he does take it, he takes the most punishment of anyone in the league. Its the reason he feels the need to exaggerate the contact. That its hurting his game overall is a problem but lets not exaggerate his flaws.

I saw this guy elbow gasol in the head while dunking on him

i saw him going at chalmers talking soo much smack to a player much smaller then him

i saw him grab zack randolph yesterday and refused to let him go well after the whistle.

i can go on and on and on.

I also see him rolling around on the ground like he just got shot after someone just does a reg foul on him. i seen him back down and fling him self around after staring down the same zack randolph he was refusin to let go of earlier in the quarter

the guy is extra.

again this is a league problem, not a blake griffen problem. but it just seems to stand out with him because he seems to dish it out on offense, but on defence he crumbles every chance he gets.

i dont know.. i use to love the kid. his antics have become a bit much.

Mr. Upset
05-08-2012, 08:44 PM
He makes Mitt Romney look like he has a back bone.

smith&wesson
05-08-2012, 08:52 PM
^^^^oh please can i buy your boot leg crap ??

championships
05-08-2012, 08:56 PM
I hate the flopping. It cheapens the game. This is a mans league, Players need to play like grown men.
I blame the Euros for making it a part of this game. Must learn it from the soccer players they watch growing up:D

Just the Other day Steve Kerr made a comment about Euro players when Danilo Gallinari flopped.

knicks4life33
05-08-2012, 09:22 PM
i started using flopping in the rec league iam playing in and iam getting a lot of calls and the players on the opposing teams in my gym are getting real mad and furious with me lol that also might be that the ref league refs arent that great of refs

dsonLAL24
05-08-2012, 09:37 PM

well played :clap:

WVNowitzki
05-08-2012, 09:55 PM
i started using flopping in the rec league iam playing in and iam getting a lot of calls and the players on the opposing teams in my gym are getting real mad and furious with me lol that also might be that the ref league refs arent that great of refs

You flop in a rec league? Holy **** I would hammer you if I was playing you. What a joke

Chronz
05-09-2012, 12:46 AM
I saw this guy elbow gasol in the head while dunking on him
So did Kobe, he had no problem with it. Bynum laughed at Gasol. Your making something out of nothing.

i saw him going at chalmers talking soo much smack to a player much smaller then him

So? He will talk smack to ANYONE, their size is irrelevant. Do you even know what they were arguing about? Its not like hes targeting midgets ala KG.

i saw him grab zack randolph yesterday and refused to let him go well after the whistle.

I saw Z-Bo do the same, in fact he got T'd up for it even tho he CLEARLY fouled Blake.

i can go on and on and on.
And the point will STILL remain, he takes more punishment than anyone in the NBA and it doesnt deter him from attacking.

I also see him rolling around on the ground like he just got shot after someone just does a reg foul on him.
Thats because he thinks its necessary considering all the non-calls he gets. I cant say I blame him but its not working for him.

i seen him back down and fling him self around after staring down the same zack randolph he was refusin to let go of earlier in the quarter

the guy is extra.

again this is a league problem, not a blake griffen problem. but it just seems to stand out with him because he seems to dish it out on offense, but on defence he crumbles every chance he gets.

i dont know.. i use to love the kid. his antics have become a bit much.

Hey thats fine but it doesnt change anything Ive said, dont care if your allowing such a minuscule part of the game take away from what makes him such a draw for the rest of the world.

kylem4711
05-09-2012, 01:00 AM
So did Kobe, he had no problem with it. Bynum laughed at Gasol. Your making something out of nothing.

So? He will talk smack to ANYONE, their size is irrelevant. Do you even know what they were arguing about? Its not like hes targeting midgets ala KG.

I saw Z-Bo do the same, in fact he got T'd up for it even tho he CLEARLY fouled Blake.

And the point will STILL remain, he takes more punishment than anyone in the NBA and it doesnt deter him from attacking.

Thats because he thinks its necessary considering all the non-calls he gets. I cant say I blame him but its not working for him.

Hey thats fine but it doesnt change anything Ive said, dont care if your allowing such a minuscule part of the game take away from what makes him such a draw for the rest of the world.

ha, its impossible to go up against chronz. just glad he's a clip fan

Sinestro
05-09-2012, 01:05 AM
His flop has made me hate his game hell CP3 too

Cubby
05-09-2012, 01:17 AM
He's right, but on a seperate note, Cwebb is a garbage commentator.

He's better than most. At least he displays knowledge and insight of the game, unlike Van Gundy and some others.

b@llhog24
05-09-2012, 03:53 AM
Honestly, the same thing is happening in basketball that happens in soccer: you are encouraged to flop. Flopping brings good things, and therefore you should flop. It's easy to say players shouldn't flop, but second a guy DOESN'T do it, their opponent gains an edge by doing it.
The rules are written that way, and that is the way guys will play. Specific players are being singled out here, but the truth is that all basketball players exaggerate fouls. And the players that get singled out as being "floppers" are just the guys that get the ball and drive more than other players. Find me a player who is a superstar who makes his living driving to the basket and I'll show you a guy whose detractors will label a flopper.

:speechless: Longhorn with a sensible post.

b@llhog24
05-09-2012, 03:56 AM

This is why C-Webb is right. Blake got more calls last year when he didn't flop as much.

msc43
05-09-2012, 04:09 AM

To say that all superstars who make their living driving to the basket might be floppers is a very large and unfair generalization. The superstars that generally drive their way into the lane are smaller players. I'd probably say they're in the mold of Tony Parker, Derrick Rose, Kobe, Manu Ginobili, etc. Most of them aren't the mammoth, hulking 6'10", 270lb+ frame of Blake Griffin. The only other forward of nearly that size is Lebron James, and yes, he is a well-documented flopper.

Also, you might not have noticed, but soccer is starting to crack down hard on flopping. Offenders who are caught trying to fool the refs are handed a yellow card and booked immediately. I think offenders of flopping should have it checked by video review and technicals should be handed out if the offender is found guilty.

msc43
05-09-2012, 04:18 AM

Blake initiates contact with many of the dunks he goes for. Blake extends his left arm to initiate contact and increase the distance between himself and the opposing player on many of his dunks. I'm just getting tired of watching Blake try to weasel his way with the refs to get a foul call. He's such an athletic and explosive player that he doesn't need the calls to go and get his. And if he has a problem with the players being a little to rough with him, it's his obligation to tell his coach and for VdN to notify the League about the boys being to hard on Blake. The solution isn't to flop around everywhere like a limp ****.

Gram
05-09-2012, 05:39 AM
You flop in a rec league? Holy **** I would hammer you if I was playing you. What a joke

You mad?