PDA

View Full Version : Floppers

JasonJohnHorn
05-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Flopping is ruining the game these days. I think, since the league hasn't done yet to discourage it, they should start. for starters, they can take serial floppers out of consideration for the MVP award, because lets face it, if you ARE an MVP, you don't need to flop.

Any other ideas on how to get people to stop flopping?

Giraffes Rule
05-08-2012, 06:13 PM
If you eliminated everyone who has ever flopped from the MVP race we'd end up with like the 14th player on a playoff team.

Chronz
05-08-2012, 06:15 PM
Dear god, you really felt compelled to make yet another thread on this subject? As for your "solution", it wouldnt stop anything. Only 1 player wins the MVP, you really think players will stop doing whatever it takes to win for the sake of a single award? LMFAO

Besides its not ruining the game any more so than bad reffing is, the best players/teams still win, flopping doesnt encapsulate the game, its a minuscule portion of the game.

thekmp211
05-08-2012, 06:26 PM
honestly never has something that is frankly sound strategy as long as the refs punish clear floppers, been so overblown as some sort of league wide epidemic. revoking awards for flopping? are you serious? name one game, one series, one nba title, anything that was the result of a flop? is chris paul really less talented and amazing because he tries to get calls? it's annoying, SOMETIMES, other times its not, refs should get better at calling it, but for gods sake, "ruining the game"? really? i could roll out a greatest hits of flops from at least 10 years ago that would make anything you're referencing this year seem tame. and yet your NBA fanhood managed to survive til then. stop reading truehoop, like everyone else has, and just put it all in perspective.

Kashmir13579
05-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Dear god, you really felt compelled to make yet another thread on this subject? As for your "solution", it wouldnt stop anything. Only 1 player wins the MVP, you really think players will stop doing whatever it takes to win for the sake of a single award? LMFAO

Besides its not ruining the game any more so than bad reffing is, the best players/teams still win, flopping doesnt encapsulate the game, its a minuscule portion of the game.

But you agree it is hurting the game and should be looked at... And i think you're giving the OP a little too much credit. This seemed to me like a lets bash Lebron thread and nothing more.

xbrackattackx
05-08-2012, 06:45 PM

Minuscule or not it still factors into the deciding of the match. What if it's a tied game and a player flops ,gets a shot,hits it and wins the game. The cheater wins, ethically no way can you say the cheater is better. What if the better player/team is on the losing side cause of this.Flopping is cheating it's misconstruing the officials calls, referees are human who react at excited motions. If the player would have kept going and not pointed attention to nothing then this would have never been a issue. The players trying to get a self issued foul.

Mr Costanza
05-08-2012, 07:48 PM
If you eliminated everyone who has ever flopped from the MVP race we'd end up with like the 14th player on a playoff team.

Dwight doesn't flop.

kylem4711
05-08-2012, 08:03 PM
man this is a terrible thread.

Gram
05-08-2012, 10:21 PM
man this is a terrible thread.

In your sig, BG is using that thing so he can get practice to flop around with my dick. :cool:

JasonJohnHorn
05-08-2012, 10:28 PM
But you agree it is hurting the game and should be looked at... And i think you're giving the OP a little too much credit. This seemed to me like a lets bash Lebron thread and nothing more.

You sir, are correct.

PurpleJesus
05-08-2012, 10:30 PM
All the talk about flopping recently...some of the flops have been a little ridiculous, but I remember a time in NBA history, where flopping was considered a wily veteran move. Flopping has always existed in the NBA, its just now, in the era of youtube that it is being noticed more...that, and some of the flops have become pretty ridiculous.

Like Chris Paul reacting to being touched by a ref. lol.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-08-2012, 10:31 PM
Not sure what's more annoying: People making a billion threads about flopping or the flopping itself.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-08-2012, 10:32 PM
Also, the poll options are pathetic.

kylem4711
05-08-2012, 11:02 PM
In your sig, BG is using that thing so he can get practice to flop around with my dick. :cool:

first time ive met a gay psd poster. nice to meet you.

Gram
05-08-2012, 11:03 PM

I've requested that people call me Gayram - Hasn't worked though. :pity:

1-800-STFU
05-08-2012, 11:04 PM
They are doing something within the rules of the game to improve their teams chances of winning.

Get over yourself and your false sense of masculinity.

PurpleJesus
05-08-2012, 11:04 PM
haha, I remember that Blake shake weight thing, it was some rookie prank on him.

Yankeefan213
05-08-2012, 11:06 PM
Everyone in the NBA has flopped at least once in their career.

Gram
05-08-2012, 11:13 PM
Everyone in the NBA has flopped at least once in their career.

Even Shumpert?

SpaceJamJordans
05-08-2012, 11:23 PM
shut up

RonE Coleman
05-08-2012, 11:26 PM
Lebron Traveled.

TRF929
05-08-2012, 11:27 PM
Easy solution, don't let em get away with it, just don't call a foul period unless its a hard one. I really think thatll cut back on a lot of flopping and if your a known flopper, you might wanna cut it out unless you wanna be hit a lot and no foul called

Raps18-19 Champ
05-08-2012, 11:30 PM

Grow up. It's a sports forum but have some sort of integrity.

He said a joke but come on...

broncofangene
05-08-2012, 11:33 PM

No but most of the spurs would be eliminated. If you look up flopper in the dictionary there's a full color photo of Manu Ginobli.

LakersIn5
05-08-2012, 11:40 PM
the nba would still be where it is right even without flopping. heat, thunder, bulls, spurs would still be the top teams and bobcats, wizards, hornets would still suck. stop over reacting

mzgrizz
05-08-2012, 11:43 PM
Flopping is aggravating when it's against your team
Have NO idea how you stop it; some of them can act really well

naps
05-08-2012, 11:57 PM
Yet another thread on flopping. Like we didn't have enough already? Brilliant idea :facepalm:

JJ_JKidd
05-09-2012, 12:35 AM
The question is,,,,,,,,, who or when did the flopping start?

Chronz
05-09-2012, 12:38 AM
Minuscule or not it still factors into the deciding of the match. What if it's a tied game and a player flops ,gets a shot,hits it and wins the game. The cheater wins, ethically no way can you say the cheater is better. What if the better player/team is on the losing side cause of this.Flopping is cheating it's misconstruing the officials calls, referees are human who react at excited motions. If the player would have kept going and not pointed attention to nothing then this would have never been a issue. The players trying to get a self issued foul.
Same issue when refs make the wrong calls even without flopping, it doesnt influence the game to a degree where its a problem, the best teams still win the series.

Hurts the game in the slightest way possible. Dont really care if it gets looked at or not, the best team still wins.

Chronz
05-09-2012, 12:39 AM
Easy solution, don't let em get away with it, just don't call a foul period unless its a hard one. I really think thatll cut back on a lot of flopping and if your a known flopper, you might wanna cut it out unless you wanna be hit a lot and no foul called

Thats not a solution, the refs already do that.

obie
05-09-2012, 12:49 AM
flopping ruins the game. young ballers come to the NBA thinking its the thing to do. that is NOT basketball

LGhost
05-09-2012, 12:51 AM
I think the refs in general are just doing a terrible terrible job this year...

Late whistles are now the norm which is disturbing

Cracka2HI!
05-09-2012, 12:53 AM
The alternative is going back to a fundamental below the basket no defense type of game like in the 60's and 70's. Sure the score would be 130-126 but there was no dunking or fast breaks. Yea much better. :rolleyes:

kylem4711
05-09-2012, 12:55 AM

i agree, late whistles are the absolute worst and I have seen more this year than any other.

msc43
05-09-2012, 02:48 AM

How do you not see flopping as worse than bad reffing? Players have to live with bad reffing. It's not their job to go out and argue over calls and what not.

I hate that this thread even has to exist, but it's at least worth discussing. There is no doubt that some of the league's superstars flop, and it's not okay. It's frankly a disgrace to the game and insulting to the league referees who look downright foolish in these types of situations.

Sure, it might be a tiny part of our game, but I want it gone. If trends like this continue, we should use instant replay to see if there was a flop and slap the offender with a tech. The last thing I want my little brother to do is flop during his basketball games because he sees that others get away with it too.

smood999
05-09-2012, 03:08 AM

flopping gets worse and worse with every passing season...and it effects the game greatly...it can switch momentum, get a team extra possessions...what about players flopping around with under 2 min left in a 5 pt game? also, does it not feed into bad reffing? i think you're taking it a little too lightly..it def is an issue...do we need countless threads about it? no, but it is becoming a big issue and hopefully something is done about it...it has become enough of an issue that commentators, analysts, journalists, players, former players are now bringing it up more than ever....that's not good for the nba...not to mention it seems as if fans are getting fed up more and more also...

smood999
05-09-2012, 03:11 AM
do u want basketball to become soccer?..that's where it's headed

hornetsfansydne
05-09-2012, 03:53 AM

Late whistles is what is being taught!!! Refs are taught to 'suck and see'. If the contact is minimal and no advantage is gained, don't blow it! If you think that the player was disadvantaged make the call

hornetsfansydne
05-09-2012, 03:54 AM
i agree, late whistles are the absolute worst and I have seen more this year than any other.

See my post above, referees are being taught to blow late or at least that is what we are taught here in Australia

Toxeryll
05-09-2012, 04:11 AM
what happened to the rule that nba will fine floppers?

Chronz
05-09-2012, 11:47 AM
How do you not see flopping as worse than bad reffing? Players have to live with bad reffing. It's not their job to go out and argue over calls and what not.

I hate that this thread even has to exist, but it's at least worth discussing. There is no doubt that some of the league's superstars flop, and it's not okay. It's frankly a disgrace to the game and insulting to the league referees who look downright foolish in these types of situations.

Sure, it might be a tiny part of our game, but I want it gone. If trends like this continue, we should use instant replay to see if there was a flop and slap the offender with a tech. The last thing I want my little brother to do is flop during his basketball games because he sees that others get away with it too.

The reason its not worse than the blown calls is because one begets the other. If Blake got the proper calls he wouldn't feel the need to embellish. But in order to preserve his body from the abuse hes trying to master flopping.

Calling that mindset a disgrace is totally your prerogative, but if your still watching the game religiously then your not the kind to blow up something so minuscule. I dont see this disgrace, more like a blemish or pimple on an otherwise beautiful canvas

Chronz
05-09-2012, 11:52 AM
flopping gets worse and worse with every passing season...and it effects the game greatly...it can switch momentum, get a team extra possessions...what about players flopping around with under 2 min left in a 5 pt game? also, does it not feed into bad reffing? i think you're taking it a little too lightly..it def is an issue...do we need countless threads about it? no, but it is becoming a big issue and hopefully something is done about it...it has become enough of an issue that commentators, analysts, journalists, players, former players are now bringing it up more than ever....that's not good for the nba...not to mention it seems as if fans are getting fed up more and more also...

Not convinced by your evidence or hypotheticals

episodenone
05-09-2012, 01:06 PM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=716307

See my thread where many ideas came up.

It has the email address for the NBA league front office to make suggestions -- I emailed them about 30 of the ideas -- 2 weeks ago -- haven't heard back.

I wish more of us would do it. I honestly believe it will work.

msc43
05-09-2012, 02:21 PM
The reason its not worse than the blown calls is because one begets the other. If Blake got the proper calls he wouldn't feel the need to embellish. But in order to preserve his body from the abuse hes trying to master flopping.

Calling that mindset a disgrace is totally your prerogative, but if your still watching the game religiously then your not the kind to blow up something so minuscule. I dont see this disgrace, more like a blemish or pimple on an otherwise beautiful canvas

I'm going to attempt to surmise your argument as succinctly as I can. You think flopping is acceptable because of all the said punishment Blake takes, making it justifiable. Because he doesn't get calls, he deserves to take flops.

This simply isn't true. One does not beget the other. All players who get hit a lot don't get the benefit of the whistle. Derrick Rose is a magician of getting into the paint. He gets hit virtually every time he enters the paint. He was completely within his rights to complain about the amount of calls he gets. But to say because calls are blown that Derrick Rose is going to start flopping to defend his body from abuse is entirely ludicrous.

I'm not blowing up over flopping, I think it doesn't belong in our game. There are blown calls that happen to superstar athletes all the time. It's part of our game. Flopping is something players can control. If this continues, my opinion of Blake and his respect for the game will go down significantly. We all know this has no place in our game and it's disgraceful to the leagues and the refs that attempt to police our game. You can think what you'd like, because I'm sure nothing I say is going to convince you that flopping isn't okay.

ManRam
05-09-2012, 03:43 PM
90% of NBA players flop/embellish...

Moving on

TopsyTurvy
05-09-2012, 04:38 PM
I love theatrics - even when they don't help the game at all.

Chronz
05-09-2012, 04:48 PM
This simply isn't true. One does not beget the other. All players who get hit a lot don't get the benefit of the whistle. Derrick Rose is a magician of getting into the paint. He gets hit virtually every time he enters the paint. He was completely within his rights to complain about the amount of calls he gets. But to say because calls are blown that Derrick Rose is going to start flopping to defend his body from abuse is entirely ludicrous.
I never said flopping was OK, I said I understood why Blake does it considering the punishment he takes (Far more than any other player), and how often hes targeted. Hes trying to draw attention to those kind of plays, I would love for him to stop complaining and just play but Im not going to condemn him for something so minuscule. I understand where hes coming from.

As for Rose, hes actually developed that head whipping action that can and does get him to the line, JVG was commenting on it during one of his games. I dont blame him for it, its a smart tactic that helps his team. And Rose has come a long way in attacking the paint, he used to avoid contact and now hes out with a serious injury. Perhaps when he comes back he will took to preserve his body by finding other ways to get to the line and I wouldnt think any less of him.

I'm not blowing up over flopping, I think it doesn't belong in our game. There are blown calls that happen to superstar athletes all the time. It's part of our game. Flopping is something players can control. If this continues, my opinion of Blake and his respect for the game will go down significantly. We all know this has no place in our game and it's disgraceful to the leagues and the refs that attempt to police our game. You can think what you'd like, because I'm sure nothing I say is going to convince you that flopping isn't okay.
Well put it this way, how you feel about blown calls is how I feel about flopping, the NBA could control both of these problems if they implemented replays and challenges.
Sadly this is all a pipedream, the NBA doesnt want its fanbase to see how often it screws up and as a result, a variety of players will continue to exaggerate the contact. Its their only means of controlling what they find to be an injustice, even if doesnt always work. I really dont care, the end result is that the best team still wins, so using terms like disgraceful is very melodramatic (IMO), bad reffing is worse and thats not something I care about either. Great teams/players play through it.

tcav701
05-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Flopping should be a technical foul. It is dishonest and even further lowers the integrity of the game.

However the NBA is a star driven league and and superstars will get the benefit of every call simply for monetary reasons.

Oh and what is this BS about players taking too much punishment? THATS THE TRADE OFF FOR DRIVING TO THE HOOP. That's how NBA defense is played, no free baskets. If you don't want contact, learn how to make a jump shot.

This travel, drive and draw the bull **** foul basketball is getting out of control.

msc43
05-09-2012, 07:29 PM
I never said flopping was OK, I said I understood why Blake does it considering the punishment he takes (Far more than any other player), and how often hes targeted. Hes trying to draw attention to those kind of plays, I would love for him to stop complaining and just play but Im not going to condemn him for something so minuscule. I understand where hes coming from.

As for Rose, hes actually developed that head whipping action that can and does get him to the line, JVG was commenting on it during one of his games. I dont blame him for it, its a smart tactic that helps his team. And Rose has come a long way in attacking the paint, he used to avoid contact and now hes out with a serious injury. Perhaps when he comes back he will took to preserve his body by finding other ways to get to the line and I wouldnt think any less of him.

Well put it this way, how you feel about blown calls is how I feel about flopping, the NBA could control both of these problems if they implemented replays and challenges.
Sadly this is all a pipedream, the NBA doesnt want its fanbase to see how often it screws up and as a result, a variety of players will continue to exaggerate the contact. Its their only means of controlling what they find to be an injustice, even if doesnt always work. I really dont care, the end result is that the best team still wins, so using terms like disgraceful is very melodramatic (IMO), bad reffing is worse and thats not something I care about either. Great teams/players play through it.

You must be a serious Clipper homer if you think Blake takes more punishment than Derrick Rose. Derrick Rose is a 6'3" and 190 pounds. Blake Griffin is 6'10" and 250 pounds. Derrick Rose gets fouled on nearly every drive to the lane and Blake's flopping isn't just to "protect himself." It's also to get opposing players into foul trouble.

Your defense of flopping in lieu of "blown calls" shows that you're a Clippers homer and unwilling to listen to rational thought. Of course you'd defend something disgraceful your own players do. You blame bad reffing as a greater evil because your beloved Clips aren't getting the benefit of a couple whistles. If you're willing to think that bad reffing is a greater evil than flopping, that's your prerogative. But from what I see, bad calls can go both ways. Flopping is an egregious way to get an opponent into foul trouble and get a couple cheap free throws.

We'll see if Blake can pull these shenanigans on Tim Duncan, one of the most respected post players in the game. The Spurs hardly ever get the benefit of the whistle, so I'll be prepared to listen to your excuses later.

Chronz
05-09-2012, 09:14 PM
You must be a serious Clipper homer if you think Blake takes more punishment than Derrick Rose. Derrick Rose is a 6'3" and 190 pounds. Blake Griffin is 6'10" and 250 pounds. Derrick Rose gets fouled on nearly every drive to the lane and Blake's flopping isn't just to "protect himself." It's also to get opposing players into foul trouble.
The ol "your a homer response" eh, sorry if thats what you have to resort to but I know what I see, and Ill take the opinion of an actual Chicago fan that I respect over yours.
Most physical play comes off the ball, when your fighting for position, and once you do get it on the blocks refs allow more contact on route to the rim, bigmen do not target Rose the way they do Blake, notice how you rarely see Rose climb a big with a power finish. Most of his dunks come before the help arrives, with him possessing the best change of pace and handchecking being what it is, its far easier for him to get into the paint and bigs have to be cautious when they meet at the rim, Blake gets hit by people who dont want to be on the next poster at any cost.

Your defense of flopping in lieu of "blown calls" shows that you're a Clippers homer and unwilling to listen to rational thought.
How so? And I would like flopping to be done away with, but its as much a part of our game as bad reffing is, in the end its too minuscule for me to consider it disgraceful. And this holds true for all players, hence me defending the likes of Bron, Wade and Rose. Someone here had the gall to call Bron and the Heat a bunch of floppers, if you categorize them as such then according to your way of thinking they are an embarrassment to the league, when in reality they one of the most spectacular teams in the league and the biggest reason the league is thriving again.

Of course you'd defend something disgraceful your own players do. You blame bad reffing as a greater evil because your beloved Clips aren't getting the benefit of a couple whistles. If you're willing to think that bad reffing is a greater evil than flopping, that's your prerogative. But from what I see, bad calls can go both ways. Flopping is an egregious way to get an opponent into foul trouble and get a couple cheap free throws.
Nope, this would hold true for any player that takes a pounding. As I said earlier, I wouldnt hold it against Rose for finding more cautious ways of getting to the FT lane if he felt it necessary. And yes flopping has numerous advantageous, but its also punished the same way calls are missed. I have said repeatedly that its going to hurt Blakes game because refs are already not giving him the benefit of the doubt, same with CP3. Blake got more calls last year as a rookie when he wasnt flopping.

We'll see if Blake can pull these shenanigans on Tim Duncan, one of the most respected post players in the game. The Spurs hardly ever get the benefit of the whistle, so I'll be prepared to listen to your excuses later.
TD doesnt need to foul to defend Blake.

msc43
05-09-2012, 10:53 PM
The ol "your a homer response" eh, sorry if thats what you have to resort to but I know what I see, and Ill take the opinion of an actual Chicago fan that I respect over yours.
Most physical play comes off the ball, when your fighting for position, and once you do get it on the blocks refs allow more contact on route to the rim, bigmen do not target Rose the way they do Blake, notice how you rarely see Rose climb a big with a power finish. Most of his dunks come before the help arrives, with him possessing the best change of pace and handchecking being what it is, its far easier for him to get into the paint and bigs have to be cautious when they meet at the rim, Blake gets hit by people who dont want to be on the next poster at any cost.

How so? And I would like flopping to be done away with, but its as much a part of our game as bad reffing is, in the end its too minuscule for me to consider it disgraceful. And this holds true for all players, hence me defending the likes of Bron, Wade and Rose. Someone here had the gall to call Bron and the Heat a bunch of floppers, if you categorize them as such then according to your way of thinking they are an embarrassment to the league, when in reality they one of the most spectacular teams in the league and the biggest reason the league is thriving again.

Nope, this would hold true for any player that takes a pounding. As I said earlier, I wouldnt hold it against Rose for finding more cautious ways of getting to the FT lane if he felt it necessary. And yes flopping has numerous advantageous, but its also punished the same way calls are missed. I have said repeatedly that its going to hurt Blakes game because refs are already not giving him the benefit of the doubt, same with CP3. Blake got more calls last year as a rookie when he wasnt flopping.

TD doesnt need to foul to defend Blake.

I'm glad that you actually do respect other peoples' opinions. I was getting kind of worried that you think nobody else but you has anything important to say to that isn't in line with your opinions. I'm sure you've watched a lot of Blake Griffin dunks, but I hope you notice that Blake is guilty of initiating contact as much as everyone else is. Blake uses his left arm to initiate contact and stiff-arm defenders out of the way so he can get a dunk. It happens on many occasions.

So because you think flopping is such a small problem it doesn't deserve attention? Bad reffing can change the dynamic of a game in either direction, but it balances out eventually. Flopping only goes one way and I've seen Blake flop to get Bynum and other defenders in foul trouble. And what do you define as a "spectacular" team? "The Decision" is one of the landmark events that took away a significant amount of parity to our league.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM7sIEZTFYk

And yes, the Heat flop. Your eyes aren't lying to you, Chronz.

Breathtaking, huh?

THE GIPPER
05-09-2012, 10:57 PM
Its not the floppers fault. Its the league's/referee's fault for rewarding them.

The floppers flop because it gives them a better chance of winning. IMO you cant blame the player for doing whatever it takes to win. The blame should fall on the league and its officials. They're the ones supporting flopping.

Laces-Out
05-09-2012, 11:07 PM
some of these players should be on WWE and not on the hardwood

bklynny67
05-09-2012, 11:21 PM
Funny a lot of people making fun of the OP for making this thread and asking this question, yet the YES votes are more than twice as many as the NO votes. LOL

smood999
05-09-2012, 11:26 PM
Chronz,

There is a difference between selling a call and pretending there is contact when there's little to none...the second part is the issue more than anything else...

Also, did u not see CP3 flop on the ref? That's what I mean it's getting out of control...he didn't know it was the ref....the ref just walked into him (not forcefully) and CP3 threw himself backwards...it's getting out of hand...

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/5/8/3006562/gif-chris-paul-flops-on-a-referee

Chronz
05-09-2012, 11:48 PM
I'm glad that you actually do respect other peoples' opinions. I was getting kind of worried that you think nobody else but you has anything important to say to that isn't in line with your opinions.
Thats because you havent been posting much around here. But mostly because there is very little incentive for me to post agreeable remarks, I come here to debate not to agree.

I'm sure you've watched a lot of Blake Griffin dunks, but I hope you notice that Blake is guilty of initiating contact as much as everyone else is. Blake uses his left arm to initiate contact and stiff-arm defenders out of the way so he can get a dunk. It happens on many occasions.

Sure, he usually keeps it low which is standard operating procedure for high flyers, refs avoid blowing the whistle and sometimes dont call the and1 because both players are banging. But yes he does push off.

So because you think flopping is such a small problem it doesn't deserve attention? Bad reffing can change the dynamic of a game in either direction, but it balances out eventually. Flopping only goes one way and I've seen Blake flop to get Bynum and other defenders in foul trouble.
Thats not true, flopping works both ways as well, refs dont call blatant fouls if they feel a player has been flopping too much and it compromises the teams defense/offense. Like I said, Blake got to the line more last year when he didnt flop and argue for every call. It got so bad the team had to have a players only meeting to stop the constant whining.

And what do you define as a "spectacular" team?
High skill level/talent/athleticism/efficiency.

"The Decision" is one of the landmark events that took away a significant amount of parity to our league.
Can you prove this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM7sIEZTFYk

And yes, the Heat flop. Your eyes aren't lying to you, Chronz.

Breathtaking, huh?

Yea thats the same video he posted, I never said the Heat never flopped, but to label a team floppers it would imply they do so more than whats typically expected. Ive seen no evidence support that. This is where isolated incidents and slow mo replays to stretch out a video fails. Like compared to us, the Heat are amateurs.

Chronz,

There is a difference between selling a call and pretending there is contact when there's little to none...the second part is the issue more than anything else...

Also, did u not see CP3 flop on the ref? That's what I mean it's getting out of control...he didn't know it was the ref....the ref just walked into him (not forcefully) and CP3 threw himself backwards...it's getting out of hand...

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/5/8/3006562/gif-chris-paul-flops-on-a-referee

The angle is playing tricks on you, hes flopping on the player who elbowed him, CP3 got a technical for arguing with him. You can blame him for flopping I really dont care but thats a cheap shot tactic if it had landed.

And I know the difference, Ive seen Blake get hammered with no call, same with CP3, I actually think its hurting their games because the refs arent going to call it without the dramatizations.

smood999
05-10-2012, 12:17 AM
The angle is playing tricks on you, hes flopping on the player who elbowed him, CP3 got a technical for arguing with him. You can blame him for flopping I really dont care but thats a cheap shot tactic if it had landed.

And I know the difference, Ive seen Blake get hammered with no call, same with CP3, I actually think its hurting their games because the refs arent going to call it without the dramatizations.

That's all..I get what you're saying about selling the call...I have no issue with that...it's been apart of the game forever...growing up playing..coaches would encourage us to sell the call especially with taking charges or being fouled on a jumper...it's the extra stuff that I take issue with

ldawg
05-10-2012, 08:09 AM
Miami heat is the master of flopping. i mean these guys fall for no reason all the time. Its ok to sell a foul but these guys do it when no one even touches them. And the stupid part is the refs fall for it all the time. I would like the idea of trying to protect the player but its was a better brand of ball when the players were not rewarded for a touch foul. So in result it would be useless falling to the ground rather than getting back on defense.

daleja424
05-10-2012, 08:52 AM

except it is NOT cheating. There is no rule against flopping. If something is legal WHY WOUDN'T you take advantage of that. It is the refs job to distinguish between flopping and legitimate contact and they actually do a pretty decent job of it.

daleja424
05-10-2012, 08:55 AM
Miami heat is the master of flopping. i mean these guys fall for no reason all the time. Its ok to sell a foul but these guys do it when no one even touches them. And the stupid part is the refs fall for it all the time. I would like the idea of trying to protect the player but its was a better brand of ball when the players were not rewarded for a touch foul. So in result it would be useless falling to the ground rather than getting back on defense.

LMAO. Try on some objectivity every once and a while.

Wade has become such a notorious flopper that he doesn't even get the whistle for real fouls anymore. At one stretch during the game last night Wade got CLEARLY fouled one three straight possessions without a call. In this instance flopping has worked AGAINST Wade. You are selling the refs short.

RealLiveBear
05-10-2012, 09:39 AM
It's be impossible to keep them out of consideration since everyone flops now-a-days... See JVG rant for solution.