PDA

View Full Version : NBA Players that would no longer be stars if they did not get superstar calls

MrfadeawayJB
05-08-2012, 12:14 PM
Lets be clear, the reason they get superstar calls is because they have proven themselves beforehand. But which players play would suffer as a result of getting calls only when blatant fouls occur?

Also, which players would become superstars if they received preferential treatment from the refs?

sep11ie
05-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Blake Griffin, DWade, PP, and Earl Boykins.

heyman321
05-08-2012, 12:30 PM
D Whistle

mvb815
05-08-2012, 12:45 PM
pretty sure d wade doesn't fall in this catagory considering he is a ****ing baller, sometimes i think they blow the whistle a little too early when chris paul drives, but i'm not taking away from the fact that he too is a ballasaurus rex.

the answer is nobody? if you get superstar calls it's because you are a superstar, and if you are a superstar you are a star regardless of calls.

Heatcheck
05-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Dirk...see i can make ridiculously false statements as well

theheatles
05-08-2012, 12:52 PM
Michael Jordan, no player in the history of the NBA got more star treatment foul calls

Stinkyoutsider
05-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Blake Griffin! This guy flops way too much! He probably would still be close to a star because he can dunk?

I think LaMarcus Aldridge would get a lot more credit for being a star player if he got more calls...

Cal827
05-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Corey Maggette... well at least he got the calls for him in the past.

MagicBucsSox
05-08-2012, 12:59 PM
Michael Jordan, no player in the history of the NBA got more star treatment foul calls

Lmao his "great shot" was the biggest offensive foul in history

sammid21
05-08-2012, 12:59 PM
pretty sure d wade doesn't fall in this catagory considering he is a ****ing baller, sometimes i think they blow the whistle a little too early when chris paul drives, but i'm not taking away from the fact that he too is a ballasaurus rex.

the answer is nobody? if you get superstar calls it's because you are a superstar, and if you are a superstar you are a star regardless of calls.

Wade flops and gets superstar calls all the time. He is a great player but most of his points come from the line for BS flops.

Dirk also gets too many calls, so does LBJ

sammid21
05-08-2012, 01:01 PM

True, but he never flopped to get those calls like Wade does to forcefully make the refs give those superstar flops

mvb815
05-08-2012, 01:03 PM
Wade flops and gets superstar calls all the time. He is a great player but most of his points come from the line for BS flops.

yeah but that's not the question, wade would still be a superstar even if he didn't get his flops called

an aggressive wade = unstoppable, so maybe you want those flops called

Heatcheck
05-08-2012, 01:04 PM

u sure?

sammid21
05-08-2012, 01:08 PM
yeah but that's not the question, wade would still be a superstar even if he didn't get his flops called

an aggressive wade = unstoppable, so maybe you want those flops called

Guess i didnt answer the question. Would wade be a star? yes but a falling star. He isnt as aggressive as he used to be. I think his first 5 years he was a baller that didnt need superstar calls. Now he needs them which is why he always falls when he shoots.

Hawkeye15
05-08-2012, 01:10 PM
wait, don't players get superstar calls because they ARE stars?

This thread makes zero sense.

LongIslandIcedZ
05-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Blake Griffin comes to mind. Crazy athletic, but not a very versatile scorer

Chronz
05-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Stupid thread, no player flops so much to derive the majority of their impact on the game from it. Clearly a bait thread from a fan of a team whos getting beat despite the refs being on his side.

Vincent
05-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Superstars are great players that happen to get the calls.

No one is really a superstar BECAUSE of the whistle. It's more of a product of being really really good.

Chronz
05-08-2012, 01:16 PM

Prove it

Baller1
05-08-2012, 01:17 PM
There's no way a player gets enough calls to be the deciding factor as to whether or not they are a star.

Longhornfan1234
05-08-2012, 01:19 PM
Dwyane Wade.

He's a below-average shooter, average defender, and TO machine.

Ill21
05-08-2012, 01:23 PM
I have seen dirk take 4 or 5 steps and get away with it.

Chronz
05-08-2012, 01:23 PM
Corey Maggette... well at least he got the calls for him in the past.

What? The man deserved every FT he ever got, theres a reason he was so injury prone

naps
05-08-2012, 01:27 PM
LMFAO @ Wade. No one attacks the basket the way he does and he made getting contact on the air an art. This year he didn't go to the basket recklessly like he used to and thus he got only 6 FTA a game. If someone goes in aggressively and gets contact how can you not call fouls? Just because your star player is too soft, doesn't have balls, and can't go to the basket HAM doesn't Wade should get the fault.

Heatcheck
05-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Dwyane Wade.

He's a below-average shooter, average defender, and TO machine.

your right, 25ppg 5reb 6ast 1.8stl 1blk on 48% is mediocre at best.

naps
05-08-2012, 01:30 PM

What?Please back it up. I am waiting. Are you not a Bulls fan?
Bulls wanted Wade in 2010, right? Okay....nvm.

yaswaggin
05-08-2012, 01:38 PM
the hate for wade in this thread is ridiculous.....

wade flops? so does chris paul, harden, griffin, etc. A lot of players flop, its not illegal, its a strategy.

wade would suck without ref's calls? :laugh:

wade is a top 5 finisher in the game, wade is a great all-around player, he can dish the ball, rebound, he's the best blocking guard in the game, he's not afraid of noone.

did i mention he takes over games in the playoffs? the man is a machine.

Heatcheck
05-08-2012, 01:46 PM
What?Please back it up. I am waiting. Are you not a Bulls fan?
Bulls wanted Wade in 2010, right? Okay....nvm.

You dont get it do you?

When your in the last year of your contract, your the best thing since sliced bread, once your tied down to another team for the rest of your prime, and there is almost no shot he'll come play for them, then he's mediocre and only knows how to flop.

Just like lebron, when there was the chance he'd go to NY, He was the best in the world, the mayor felt compelled to beg him to come the "greatest fans" in the world chanted his name while he dropped 50 on them, and he was going to be their saviour.

And when there was a chance he'd go to Chicago he was going to a better situation and going to continue the legacy...blah blah blah, lets put up a billboard asking him to come.

But the moment he went to miami, he became a quitter, coward, a cheater, a serial flopper, and everything he says is douchey.

beardown4243
05-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Paul Pierce

MrfadeawayJB
05-08-2012, 01:53 PM
I would throw out Kevin Durant as well. When his jumpshot is not falling, he is pedestrian imo. He has limited handles and gets fouls called when he is barely touched. (but it might be substantial to him since he is so skinny)

MrfadeawayJB
05-08-2012, 01:54 PM
Stupid thread, no player flops so much to derive the majority of their impact on the game from it. Clearly a bait thread from a fan of a team whos getting beat despite the refs being on his side.

Not a bait thread, i've been thinking about this for a long time. I could understand how you take offense though since Paul and Griffin get the benefit of the doubt 24/7

RonE Coleman
05-08-2012, 01:55 PM
1. Blake Griffin
2. Blake Griffin
3. Blake Griffin
4. Dwyane Wade

AceMan

Exactly this, superstars get superstar calls because they're superstars. I hate the whole system and I think some teams stars benefit from it way more than others (I'm looking at you Miami), but the system exists to help stars, not create them.

bucketss
the reason why they get superstar calls in the first place is because they proved they were superstars :S

yaswaggin
You dont get it do you?

When your in the last year of your contract, your the best thing since sliced bread, once your tied down to another team for the rest of your prime, and there is almost no shot he'll come play for them, then he's mediocre and only knows how to flop.

Just like lebron, when there was the chance he'd go to NY, He was the best in the world, the mayor felt compelled to beg him to come the "greatest fans" in the world chanted his name while he dropped 50 on them, and he was going to be their saviour.

And when there was a chance he'd go to Chicago he was going to a better situation and going to continue the legacy...blah blah blah, lets put up a billboard asking him to come.

But the moment he went to miami, he became a quitter, coward, a cheater, a serial flopper, and everything he says is douchey.

the whole lebron thing was way overblown. most nba fans love lebron

only the teams that missed out on getting him hate him, ala the knicks, cavs, bulls, etc.

some lakers, celtics, mavs, and other fans of top teams also dislike lebron because he is on a rival squad.

but most fans respect his game.

RaiderLakersA's
05-08-2012, 01:58 PM

And NON-calls.

willabeast77
05-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Kevin Martin isn't a superstar but he got a lot of those rip-thru foul calls last season, and with the rule change, his ft attempts declined and so did his numbers.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-08-2012, 02:07 PM
Thank god, I am not seeing any Kobe posts in this thread:laugh2:

bucketss
05-08-2012, 02:08 PM
kobe bryant :p

MrfadeawayJB
05-08-2012, 02:12 PM

Exactly this, superstars get superstar calls because they're superstars. I hate the whole system and I think some teams stars benefit from it way more than others (I'm looking at you Miami), but the system exists to help stars, not create them.

To clarify, lets assume this:

If the refs only called fouls that they would call for every player. If Lebron attacks the rim he gets the same call as if Corey Maggette attacked the rim. Or if Kobe draws a foul on a jumpshot then the same call is awarded to Matt Carroll.

It does not matter who you are, what you've done, or how popular you are.

To Hawkeye: Yes superstars get the benefit of the doubt because they are superstars. But what if they did not. I mean, might as well give everyone the benefit of the doubt since they are all NBA players right?

If the league and refs were blind to who the player was, the best of the best would still be great. But there are a few players out there who benefit way too much and might not be considered great players if they did not get these calls

To Aceman: "the system is to help stars, not create them".

I agree it is not meant to create stars in most cases, but if a NBA player is truely a "star", then why do they need help from the officials? They can clearly be stars on their own getting the same fair calls everyone else gets

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-08-2012, 02:13 PM
kobe bryant :p

;)

kylem4711
05-08-2012, 02:14 PM
MrfadeawayJB, if you want to say blake griffin sucks, just say that.

kylem4711
05-08-2012, 02:15 PM
blake doesn't make free throws anyway, so getting calls doesnt even help him..

Hawkeye15
05-08-2012, 02:23 PM
To clarify, lets assume this:

If the refs only called fouls that they would call for every player. If Lebron attacks the rim he gets the same call as if Corey Maggette attacked the rim. Or if Kobe draws a foul on a jumpshot then the same call is awarded to Matt Carroll.

It does not matter who you are, what you've done, or how popular you are.

To Hawkeye: Yes superstars get the benefit of the doubt because they are superstars. But what if they did not. I mean, might as well give everyone the benefit of the doubt since they are all NBA players right?

If the league and refs were blind to who the player was, the best of the best would still be great. But there are a few players out there who benefit way too much and might not be considered great players if they did not get these calls

To Aceman: "the system is to help stars, not create them".

I agree it is not meant to create stars in most cases, but if a NBA player is truely a "star", then why do they need help from the officials? They can clearly be stars on their own getting the same fair calls everyone else gets

I understand what you are asking, but its not possible. Certain players initiate contact better than others, and certain players build a reputation of being able to draw fouls. Certain players also develop a reputation as a fouler, so it goes both ways.

Basically, LeBron, Dirk, Kobe, Durant, and any other superstar spent a few years NOT getting those calls while they earned the reputation of being a player that draws fouls, and still dominated.

If we removed all "star" calls, it would barely, and I mean barely, have any effect on the outcome of a game or the play of a superstar.

THE MTL
05-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Blake Griffin. If the refs managed to call an "OFFENSIVE" foul he would lose half of his highlight dunks. Seriously, the guy elevates himself over the blocker by stiff arming him and I have yet to know why refs dont call it.

SportsAndrew25
05-08-2012, 02:29 PM
So the NBA's best players are only good because they get calls in their favor? :facepalm: :facepalm: Have you ever considered the possibility that players that are good are that way because they worked their balls off in the gym, lifted weights, did cardio, and kept themselves in shape?

MrfadeawayJB
05-08-2012, 02:31 PM
MrfadeawayJB, if you want to say blake griffin sucks, just say that.

I never said he sucks. Flopping doesnt benefit him much anyways since he cant make ft's lol. Griffin is developing his post game and he just isnt there yet. Once he is there, he will be scary, superstar calls or not

MrfadeawayJB
05-08-2012, 02:33 PM
So the NBA's best players are only good because they get calls in their favor? :facepalm: :facepalm: Have you ever considered the possibility that players that are good are that way because they worked their balls off in the gym, lifted weights, did cardio, and kept themselves in shape?

I never said that...i said it benefits certain players more than others. A small percentage of NBA stars games would suffer if they did not get these calls. Most would still be great

Raph12
05-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Can't believe people are saying Wade and Pierce... Wade is a dominant player on both ends and can still destroy just about anyone 1v1; Pierce is fundamentally sound and always had the ability to score from anywhere on the court.

gotoHcarolina52
05-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Blake Griffin. If the refs managed to call an "OFFENSIVE" foul he would lose half of his highlight dunks. Seriously, the guy elevates himself over the blocker by stiff arming him and I have yet to know why refs dont call it.

This. Blake Griffin uses his off hand to create space almost as often as Carmelo Anthony does. It's ridiculous.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-08-2012, 03:25 PM

one of the most ridicilous statements I have ever heard:laugh2:

:facepalm:

Chronz
05-08-2012, 03:25 PM
Not a bait thread, i've been thinking about this for a long time. I could understand how you take offense though since Paul and Griffin get the benefit of the doubt 24/7
I highly doubt youve been thinking about something so petty for such a long time, your not an idiot. You know full well how minuscule of an impact these calls have in the long run.

Your 24/7 cliche only speaks to the idea that this is in fact a bait thread. Facts are Blake got more calls last year when he didnt flop, so its actually hurt his game in my eyes, but hey what do I know. Lets leave the objective analysis to the guy who thought CP3 thrived in an uptempo offense (despite never participating in an offense geared that way), thinks Z-Bo shooting 50fg% when Reggie isnt in the game and suddenly shooting 23% with him on the floor is only partially the result of his defense.

LMFAO, your in full blown denial mode at this point. Your agenda is CLEAR as day. And if you truly believe the garbage you spew then may god have mercy on your soul.

The way you worded this question is stupid, every star would still be a star.

PS Refs favor the grizz this series, no doubt about it.

EDITED FOR CLEANLINESS

Chronz
05-08-2012, 03:26 PM

Prolly the same reason they dont call Melo's blatant push offs to create space

Chronz
05-08-2012, 03:31 PM
I would throw out Kevin Durant as well. When his jumpshot is not falling, he is pedestrian imo. He has limited handles and gets fouls called when he is barely touched. (but it might be substantial to him since he is so skinny)

Wait so your telling us, if you take away Durants jumper and his trips to the Free throw line, we have ourselves a non-star? What a brilliant observation

Besides his handles have gotten alot better. Show me another 6"10 player with better handles.

JasonJohnHorn
05-08-2012, 03:45 PM
There are players who get calls. LBJ is certainly one, as is D-Wade and Kobe Bryant. But its more frustrating as a fan to see certain teams get calls, like Miami and LA. Don't get me wrong, Miami would be up 3-1 is they didn't have calls going their way, but officials have been killing the knicks up until game 4.

Teams like Memphis, SA, Minny, the Bucks... these teams don't get calls, regardless of who they got on their team, and that is frsutrating. I remember the Duncan/Robinson Spurs team out performing the Shaq/Kobe Lakers on a nightly basis getting hammered by the officials, and with so many games that came down to the last second, its hard for me not to believe that teams like the Webber Kings, and Duncan/Robinson Spurs would have won more titles had the officials not so blatantly called the games in LA's favour.

Same thing happened with Jordan's bulls. They got SO many calls it was painful to watch the games. Officiating has improved, but its still not wear it should be.

Officials should not be giving big names or big market teams calls. they should not be making calls based on flopping, they should only make the call if they SEE the contact, not the reaction to the contact.

Officiating has ruined the game in the past, I'm just hoping it continues to improve as it has since the Shaq/Kobe break up.

Chronz
05-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Teams like Memphis, SA, Minny, the Bucks... these teams don't get calls, regardless of who they got on their team, and that is frsutrating.
Memphis? LMFAO when? The Bucks I can remember that one series being pretty bad but I dont know about the rest. Can you explain those?

I remember the Duncan/Robinson Spurs team out performing the Shaq/Kobe Lakers on a nightly basis getting hammered by the officials
I dont remember that at all.

and with so many games that came down to the last second, its hard for me not to believe that teams like the Webber Kings, and Duncan/Robinson Spurs would have won more titles had the officials not so blatantly called the games in LA's favour.

You have selective memory, the Kings got the calls in all the games before that one controversial game. Remember G5? When Shaq fouled out and got to the line a whopping total of 1? The most dominant and imposing player in NBA history fouls out and gets 1 FT, yet you think they didnt get calls? Plz

The only thing that was blatant was that the Refs were horrible BOTH WAYS.

Same thing happened with Jordan's bulls. They got SO many calls it was painful to watch the games. Officiating has improved, but its still not wear it should be.

BS

Hawkeye15
05-08-2012, 04:05 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/offense-per-game/sort/avgFreeThrowsAttempted/seasontype/2

Explain this. Denver, Indy, Utah, and Minnesota way up there in FTA's.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/differential-per-game/sort/avgFreeThrowsMadeDifference/seasontype/2

Or this. Great teams will obviously get more free throws, they have more talent. But Minnesota for instance not only shoots a ton of free throws, they are among the league leaders in differential. Kevin Love draws them like a machine, but doesn't that hurt the argument that entire teams get such unfair treatment there is any outcome to it?

Il Mago50
05-08-2012, 05:04 PM
Blake Griffin. He literally killed my affection for the Clippers with his *****-play on the court. The guy needs to shut up and play like a man, not flop and wine like a seal getting chased by a polar bear.

gaughan333
05-08-2012, 05:38 PM
Blake Griffin. He literally killed my affection for the Clippers with his *****-play on the court. The guy needs to shut up and play like a man, not flop and wine like a seal getting chased by a polar bear.

I really liked him coming into the league and thought he was entertaining to watch, but I can't stand him anymore. If he doesn't get every call he has this "wait what?" expression on his face.

There are a lot of players that would be much worse if they didn't get as many calls. Or if their offensive fouls were called against them.

Law25
05-08-2012, 05:41 PM
There are players who get calls. LBJ is certainly one, as is D-Wade and Kobe Bryant. But its more frustrating as a fan to see certain teams get calls, like Miami and LA. Don't get me wrong, Miami would be up 3-1 is they didn't have calls going their way, but officials have been killing the knicks up until game 4.

Teams like Memphis, SA, Minny, the Bucks... these teams don't get calls, regardless of who they got on their team, and that is frsutrating. I remember the Duncan/Robinson Spurs team out performing the Shaq/Kobe Lakers on a nightly basis getting hammered by the officials, and with so many games that came down to the last second, its hard for me not to believe that teams like the Webber Kings, and Duncan/Robinson Spurs would have won more titles had the officials not so blatantly called the games in LA's favour.

Officials should not be giving big names or big market teams calls. they should not be making calls based on flopping, they should only make the call if they SEE the contact, not the reaction to the contact.

Officiating has ruined the game in the past, I'm just hoping it continues to improve as it has since the Shaq/Kobe break up.

Cant agree with this. In the palyoff for there career Shaq average .8 more freethrow per game more than Duncan. I watched those games to and Kobe and the Lakers clutch bench beat the Spurs. For the Kings they receive so many calls to that kept them in games it wasnt funny. People love to say the kings would have won game 7 if not for Donaghy or whatever his name is, but the truth is if they were not kept in games buy Vlades flop calls and timely freethrows, the Lakers would have won in five.

Kings averaged 31+ fta's a game before game 7 in 2002
Lakers averaged 28 fta's a game before game 7 in 2002

game seven Kings receive 17 to the Lakers 15 in attemps if im correct check basketballreference.com to get more accurate numbers.

Law25
05-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Blake Griffen, CP3, and Billups makes it for me to root for them. Im a Lakers fan but if the Lakers were to get kicked out the playoffs i would naturaly love another Cali team to win, but I just cant root for that team because of ther massive flopping. If Miami Tweets and Flop City meet in the finals I wouldnt watch a single game because it will be like a freethrow shooting contest mixed in with some great dunks, but no real basketball in my opinion. I may sound old fashion but i love the total package. Highlights with execution, and a battle of will is what the NBA is about in my humble opinion.

jmethlo
05-08-2012, 06:00 PM
I remember in Utah when Malone, Stockon and Hornacek would get all the calls their way and Stockton was a dirty S.O.B.

Donuts365
05-08-2012, 06:23 PM
i wanted to say lebron james, then i took a arrow to the knee

MrfadeawayJB
05-08-2012, 08:40 PM
I understand what you are asking, but its not possible. Certain players initiate contact better than others, and certain players build a reputation of being able to draw fouls. Certain players also develop a reputation as a fouler, so it goes both ways.

Basically, LeBron, Dirk, Kobe, Durant, and any other superstar spent a few years NOT getting those calls while they earned the reputation of being a player that draws fouls, and still dominated.

If we removed all "star" calls, it would barely, and I mean barely, have any effect on the outcome of a game or the play of a superstar.

I agree that there are players out there (stars or not) that have a knack for drawing fouls. It is a skill. But when i say drawing fouls i mean drawing a actual foul, one that cannot be disputed after replay. Lebron and Kobe are great players who are also great at drawing legitimate fouls. But there are some guys who are not legitimately fouled and always get calls. I just wanted to know peoples opinions on this issue and it was not geared towards any teams or certain players

MrfadeawayJB
05-08-2012, 08:44 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/offense-per-game/sort/avgFreeThrowsAttempted/seasontype/2

Explain this. Denver, Indy, Utah, and Minnesota way up there in FTA's.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/differential-per-game/sort/avgFreeThrowsMadeDifference/seasontype/2

Or this. Great teams will obviously get more free throws, they have more talent. But Minnesota for instance not only shoots a ton of free throws, they are among the league leaders in differential. Kevin Love draws them like a machine, but doesn't that hurt the argument that entire teams get such unfair treatment there is any outcome to it?

I really dont put much stock in regular season. Playoffs is when it matters most. Also its about the timing of the fouls too. I dont think that certain teams in general are getting more calls, but i think you directed that towards someone else. The main concern is certain players.

MrfadeawayJB
05-08-2012, 08:49 PM
I highly doubt youve been thinking about something so petty for such a long time, your not an idiot. You know full well how minuscule of an impact these calls have in the long run.

Your 24/7 cliche only speaks to the idea that this is in fact a bait thread. Facts are Blake got more calls last year when he didnt flop, so its actually hurt his game in my eyes, but hey what do I know. Lets leave the objective analysis to the guy who thought CP3 thrived in an uptempo offense (despite never participating in an offense geared that way), thinks Z-Bo shooting 50fg% when Reggie isnt in the game and suddenly shooting 23% with him on the floor is only partially the result of his defense.

LMFAO, your in full blown denial mode at this point. Your agenda is CLEAR as day. And if you truly believe the garbage you spew then may god have mercy on your soul.

The way you worded this question is stupid, every star would still be a star.

PS Refs favor the grizz this series, no doubt about it.

EDITED FOR CLEANLINESS

cool it with the insults Chronz. I have been thinking about it for a while but watching playoff basketball (all series) has opened my eyes to it even more and i thought it would be a decent discussion topic.

As for the refs favoring the Grizz, i disagree. I think they have been fair on both sides. If you go off FT attempts it may appear that way, but in reality refs favor teams who play inside out, since more contact happens in the paint.

Although the Clips have been comparable to the Grizz in this series in points in the paint, you still have to look at the types of shots in the paint. Grizz score with Z-BO and Marc duck ins, offensive rebounds, and rudy gay slashes. The clips points in the paint come mainly from Cp3 floaters, Griffin/Jordan lobs, and fastbreak/quick moves that are uncontested

Fnom11
05-08-2012, 10:42 PM
I never really understood why people think Lebron gets superstar calls. He gets fouled more than any other player in the league not name Dwight Howard. You can cry about his flopping if you want to but superstar calls aren't something he gets often.

SpaceJamJordans
05-08-2012, 10:43 PM

agreed

kswissdaf
05-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Dumbest thread i've ever seen.

Yankeefan213
05-08-2012, 11:16 PM
[QUOTE=Fnom11;22112854]I never really understood why people think Lebron gets superstar calls. He gets fouled more than any other player in the league not name Dwight Howard. You can cry about his flopping if you want to but superstar calls aren't something he gets often.[/Q

Really? You dont think lebron gets superstar calls? :facepalm:

Sactown
05-08-2012, 11:21 PM
It would be interesting to see if EVERYONE got the same treatment who would rise

marj987
05-08-2012, 11:30 PM
Why are heat fans so sensitive??

MrfadeawayJB
05-08-2012, 11:32 PM
It would be interesting to see if EVERYONE got the same treatment who would rise

This was the point of the thread! :clap: I do think most of the stars ie; Kobe, Lebron, Dwight...etc would still be the best in the game, but some guys benefit far too much from star calls

khaleesi
05-09-2012, 12:08 AM
Paul Pierce and Dwayne Wade.

khaleesi
05-09-2012, 12:10 AM
I never really understood why people think Lebron gets superstar calls. He gets fouled more than any other player in the league not name Dwight Howard. You can cry about his flopping if you want to but superstar calls aren't something he gets often.

LeBron commits more offensive fouls than any player in the NBA not named Dwight Howard.

How many times does he barrel into the pain, duck his shoulder, run over a guy and get the foul?

Dear god, he gets tons of calls.