PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul flops on a ref.

Longhornfan1234
05-08-2012, 11:24 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/5/8/3006562/gif-chris-paul-flops-on-a-referee

CP3 has surpassed Wade and Divac in flopping...lol

Longhornfan1234
05-08-2012, 11:27 AM
*flop

Mods edit my thread title, please.

sep11ie
05-08-2012, 11:32 AM
Why edit it? They are gonna delete it dummy.

kdspurman
05-08-2012, 11:32 AM
disgusting...

TheDetroitBlue
05-08-2012, 11:48 AM
wow lol

MrfadeawayJB
05-08-2012, 12:04 PM
this goes to show you what memphis has had to deal with all series. It's embarassing for the league! If i was that ref i wouldnt call another foul for Paul the rest of the game because we know he is flopping. Another thing that pisses me off is when he goes around a screen, the grizz hedge, and then he kicks his head back and grabs his face. Please!

NYY 26 to 7
05-08-2012, 12:07 PM
That is amazing absolutely amazing. Sad what this is doing to the league.

nycsports2
05-08-2012, 12:13 PM
smh

The Final Boss
05-08-2012, 12:14 PM
No one flops more than Wade and Pierce but this is funny.

Twinsfan24
05-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Flopping is the main reason I am tired of the NBA. It is blatenly obvious to us viewers. Yet the referees will still call it. I will cheer for the Timberwolves and that is it (even though we haven't had much to cheer about lol) but the NBA is a joke. People need to man up and actually play basketbal and quit acting.

Tmath
05-08-2012, 12:26 PM
Bush league

whitvalid
05-08-2012, 12:28 PM
yuck

kdspurman
05-08-2012, 12:35 PM
this goes to show you what memphis has had to deal with all series. It's embarassing for the league! If i was that ref i wouldnt call another foul for Paul the rest of the game because we know he is flopping. Another thing that pisses me off is when he goes around a screen, the grizz hedge, and then he kicks his head back and grabs his face. Please!

It's horrible. I mean sometimes you do it to get a charging foul you know maybe once or 2x in a game. These guys try and do it on any play where there's contact. I don't get why the league isn't doing anything about it.

shep33
05-08-2012, 12:40 PM
Breaks my heart when he does this. He's so good and this is so unnecessary.

LakersIn5
05-08-2012, 12:41 PM
even without flopping the nba would still be what it is right now

Sadds The Gr8
05-08-2012, 12:43 PM
now that it's really coming to people's attention hopefully the league will do something about it in the offseason. flopping should be a technical foul, just like in soccer when you flop/dive in the box you get a yellow card. That should cut out alot of the acting and bull ****.

if the league doesn't address this crap then it'll continue.

J4KOP99
05-08-2012, 12:45 PM
Paul may be the worst offender... What I've seen from Gallinari these playoffs has been pretty pathetic though.

mvb815
05-08-2012, 12:49 PM
flopping isn't something you are brought up on, nobody gets into the nba because of their ability to flop, but if coaches see you're good at it they'll tell you to do it as much as you can.

the problem starts with the refs, and until they stop calling flops and start issuing techs it's only going to get worse.

kylem4711
05-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Didnone of you watch the game? He did that cause the othwr guy, cunningham i think, gave a shoulder to his head. he was trying to be tough. for some random reason there was a souble technical called there

benzni
05-08-2012, 12:55 PM
I don't care about Chris Paul fapping on a ref

kdspurman
05-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Didnone of you watch the game? He did that cause the othwr guy, cunningham i think, gave a shoulder to his head. he was trying to be tough. for some random reason there was a souble technical called there

The point is Paul tried to flop when he felt the official make contact with him cause he thought it was Cunningham. Trying to make it look like he got pushed.

8kobe24
05-08-2012, 01:09 PM

Yeah I watched the game. Regardless whether it was flopping off the ref or Cunningham, he doesn't really need to flop like that. Makes him look real stupid... Specially for a player with his stature. I understand the whole "do what it takes to win", but you gotta do it with out looking like a fool. On top of that, I haven't seen a player bark so much at the ref at every little thing, whether if its protesting for a foul, he did this, he did that. He pretty much set him self up not to get calls down the stretch because refs assumed he was flopping.

KingsMadness44
Breaks my heart when he does this. He's so good and this is so unnecessary.

why do you think people hate on Lebron so much for doing it.

Stinkyoutsider
I'm so tired of all this flopping. I don't blame them for wanting to do what's necessary for winning, but it would get on my nerves to be known as a flopper...

Don't these guys want to beat their opponents without all the flopping nonsense? I would want to beat my opponent, not by tricks, but by actually beating them so they could give no excuses to why they lost. It's all about competition.

Jumi
05-08-2012, 01:10 PM
That was just down right pathetic!

Lakerhead4ever
05-08-2012, 01:12 PM

Wow u really serious?! Defending this man? I know this is your team but u have to get off your homer train and look and look at what he did. He thought Cunningham brush his head and it was actually the ref. he's pathetic! Great player but so damn pathetic. Needing to flop constantly when your obviously better than everyone else? He's a cancer to the league, him and anyone who flops in this manner

kylem4711
05-08-2012, 01:44 PM
Wow u really serious?! Defending this man? I know this is your team but u have to get off your homer train and look and look at what he did. He thought Cunningham brush his head and it was actually the ref. he's pathetic! Great player but so damn pathetic. Needing to flop constantly when your obviously better than everyone else? He's a cancer to the league, him and anyone who flops in this manner

Look dummy, I get that cp3 flops a lot. I'm just saying that he did that because cunningham hit him and he was trying to bring attention to that. the gif is showing one angle that makes it look like he did something because of the ref.

Gram
05-08-2012, 01:45 PM
Chris Paul.

kylem4711
05-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Yeah I watched the game. Regardless whether it was flopping off the ref or Cunningham, he doesn't really need to flop like that. Makes him look real stupid... Specially for a player with his stature. I understand the whole "do what it takes to win", but you gotta do it with out looking like a fool. On top of that, I haven't seen a player bark so much at the ref at every little thing, whether if its protesting for a foul, he did this, he did that. He pretty much set him self up not to get calls down the stretch because refs assumed he was flopping.

chris paul is a max player, probably the top point guard in the league, he's winning games, and is loved by his fans. do you really think he cares what people like you think? I really doubt he cares if fans from other teams think he looks "stupid"

yaswaggin
05-08-2012, 01:52 PM
the grizzlies-clips series has been so close, and flopping has helped the clips

you gotta do whatever it takes to win.

Chronz
05-08-2012, 02:01 PM
the grizzlies-clips series has been so close, and flopping has helped the clips

you gotta do whatever it takes to win.

I honestly dont think its helped them, I think its hurting their cred as the series progresses. The refs did everything in their power to help Memphis down the stretch.

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-08-2012, 02:18 PM
For being regarded as the best point guard in the league, I'm ashamed that he's representing the NBA in that basketball position in this manner. Just ridiculous. If he was on the Lakers and I saw him resorting to this ****, I'd want to slap the **** off his face!

Just embarrassing. :facepalm:

MrfadeawayJB
05-08-2012, 02:22 PM
For being regarded as the best point guard in the league, I'm ashamed that he's representing the NBA in that basketball position in this manner. Just ridiculous. If he was on the Lakers and I saw him resorting to this ****, I'd want to slap the **** off his face!

Yeah i agree. Its happening all across the league. Every team is a offender of it. I can understand a little flop to draw a offensive foul when you have position, because if you dont flop, they will call a blocking foul. I can understand a bit of exaggeration once ina while. I just hate when you full blown fall down to get a call.

If i was playing out there, i swear i would be ejected with how some NBA players flop. I would probably tell the flopper he is a little ***** and needs to get the sand out of his vagina

ThunderousDemon
05-08-2012, 02:22 PM
He should be banned from the league, right guys, remember :laugh2:

kylem4711
05-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Yeah i agree. Its happening all across the league. Every team is a offender of it. I can understand a little flop to draw a offensive foul when you have position, because if you dont flop, they will call a blocking foul. I can understand a bit of exaggeration once ina while. I just hate when you full blown fall down to get a call.

If i was playing out there, i swear i would be ejected with how some NBA players flop. I would probably tell the flopper he is a little ***** and needs to get the sand out of his vagina

oh for sure dude... :eyebrow:

shizzle09
05-08-2012, 02:29 PM
EVERY team in the league has floppers and if you don't think so you're a flat out homer. The comedy in this thread starts with the OP calling wade the flopper and he's lebrons biggest groupie! Lebron and his facial expressions when someone gives him a hard foul. He's on my team but that don't mean I'm blind and don't know a flopper when I see one.

smith&wesson
05-08-2012, 02:38 PM
lol wow. seriously chris ? really ?

Raph12
05-08-2012, 02:38 PM
That's why I wasn't too upset with Ron knocking Harden the **** out... Guys like Harden and CP3 try to stay close to the opposing player, waiting for the slightest reaction, just so they could get the call.

Just desserts.

Ill21
05-08-2012, 02:41 PM
Why??? Down right pathetic

Davidgta1
05-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Yeah the clippers flop a lot. Im pretty sure I seen Blake flop like 4 times last night. I remember one where mark taped Blake on the shoulder on a rebound an Blake acted like he got hit in the face...idk why but the **** pisses me off real bad

Raps18-19 Champ
05-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Look dummy, I get that cp3 flops a lot. I'm just saying that he did that because cunningham hit him and he was trying to bring attention to that. the gif is showing one angle that makes it look like he did something because of the ref.

Who cares who he flopped on? He still flopped.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-08-2012, 03:31 PM
disgusting

BallIsAll
05-08-2012, 03:31 PM

It was a flop no matter who brushed him. Basketball is a contact sport which is why you don't see ballerinas playing it. He's a flopper and an obvious one at that. Don't get mad a anyone on the forum because of that

BallIsAll
05-08-2012, 03:35 PM
Some people are overreacting tho. Every team has floppers some are just worse than others. Gallinari is a flopper although he actually gets hit. What Paul did is embarrassing especially since they have Blake flopping griffin on the team too.

Gasol is a flopper
Gallo is a flopper
Lebron is a flopper
Pierce is a flopper

But Paul is a flop artist he's one of the best and that should be a tech.

Chronz
05-08-2012, 03:37 PM

Youd want to slap him in the face, the funny thing is, CP3 would want you to slap him too. He loves getting in peoples heads, whatever it takes to win. And he doesnt care if your ashamed of him, no amount of flopping is going to detract from his greatness.

Punk
05-08-2012, 03:41 PM
:laugh2: CP is my favorite PG but that is disgraceful. He's no better than LeBron or Wade.

Lakerhead4ever
05-08-2012, 03:50 PM
It was a flop no matter who brushed him. Basketball is a contact sport which is why you don't see ballerinas playing it. He's a flopper and an obvious one at that. Don't get mad a anyone on the forum because of that

Did we just become best friends? Lol

The goods
05-08-2012, 04:01 PM
Hahahaha its funny,their going to try and flop their way to the finals. Lol
Did you guys see when zach chest bumped griffin he tried to flop their to. Lol

Jenceman
05-08-2012, 04:05 PM
More like they're gonna flop their way out of the second round.

The goods
05-08-2012, 04:06 PM
He's the best PG in the league but he flops every chance he gets Dwill needs to get some help around him so he can take the crown from Paul.

popo85
05-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Flop city....

Longhornfan1234
05-08-2012, 04:54 PM
EVERY team in the league has floppers and if you don't think so you're a flat out homer. The comedy in this thread starts with the OP calling wade the flopper and he's lebrons biggest groupie! Lebron and his facial expressions when someone gives him a hard foul. He's on my team but that don't mean I'm blind and don't know a flopper when I see one.

:facepalm:

Wade flops way more than LeBron, and it's not even close.

Wade>You
05-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Who's the biggest troll on the NBA board right now?

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/search.php?searchid=20116073&pp=25

metsbulls1025
05-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Here is what the league should do. They should make every play that involves flopping reviewable. If said person clearly flopped they get a technical. Now I know people are going to say well the game will slow down if they review every play. Well if you start actually handing out punishments less and less people will do it.

I am really sick of players like Paul, Lebron, Wade, Pierce and some others who have talent above everyone else and then resort to this bull ****. Lebron will get calls 99 percent of the time if he is whipping his head back for no reason compared to your average player.

mekedubs
05-08-2012, 05:25 PM
That's why I wasn't too upset with Ron knocking Harden the **** out... Guys like Harden and CP3 try to stay close to the opposing player, waiting for the slightest reaction, just so they could get the call.

Just desserts.

^^^^^^FINALLY!!!!!!:clap::clap:

Somebody said it!!!!! This is EXACTLY how I feel about it.... Harden also has been known as a flopper and got in the way of the wrong cat... Yeah but it's gotten very bad and this proves it. Chris Paul came off a screen last game set by Speights and flopped, said SOMETHING to Speights, Speights got called for the foul on the "illegal screen", Speights said SOMETHING back to Paul and then Speights gets called for a technical???!!!!!!! If we all see this **** game after game, then the NBA front offices sees this as well... Apparently the league condones it because they have yet to address it...

AntiG
05-08-2012, 05:28 PM
this is why the NBA should start awarding post-game technical fouls for flopping.

5ass
05-08-2012, 05:40 PM
everybody flops in the play offs. The clippers are just good at it.

kylem4711
05-08-2012, 05:44 PM
flopping didn't make Gay, Randolph, and Mayo go a combined 14-42 from the field. just saying

xbrackattackx
05-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Why edit it? They are gonna delete it dummy.

Good call, glad to see it's deleted.

Chronz
05-08-2012, 06:24 PM
^^^^^^FINALLY!!!!!!:clap::clap:

Somebody said it!!!!! This is EXACTLY how I feel about it.... Harden also has been known as a flopper and got in the way of the wrong cat... Yeah but it's gotten very bad and this proves it. Chris Paul came off a screen last game set by Speights and flopped, said SOMETHING to Speights, Speights got called for the foul on the "illegal screen", Speights said SOMETHING back to Paul and then Speights gets called for a technical???!!!!!!! If we all see this **** game after game, then the NBA front offices sees this as well... Apparently the league condones it because they have yet to address it...

Your imagining things

SundaeBest
05-08-2012, 06:39 PM
Your imagining things

You're misspelling things! :laugh::laugh:

NY007
05-08-2012, 06:57 PM
You know what, at the beginning of the season I was rooting for them but as the season has gone I've learned to hate this team with the pathetic flopping by CP3 and Griffin. Griffin specially..

Chronz
05-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Hallucinations do not trump typos sorry

NY007
05-11-2012, 08:34 AM

What does misspelling things have anything to do with the argument or a person's knowledge on the topic? It's a ****ing sports forum, who gives a **** if something is misspelled..

MagicHero3
05-11-2012, 09:27 AM
flopping didn't make Gay, Randolph, and Mayo go a combined 14-42 from the field. just saying

lol at when ppl say this. one thing has NOTHING to do with the other. your just admitting "yeah we flopped, but heres something negative about the other team to make it seem like flopping is ok!"

sorry buddy, cant justify flopping...its for ppl too lazy to play REAL defense and man up.