PDA

View Full Version : Give James Jones a chance!

KCMAJ
05-08-2012, 09:20 AM
Can anybody tell me why can James Jones have some playing time? I lamented over the fact of watching Mike Miller squandered so many opportunities to make a 3-point while James Jones, our best 3-point shooter, is idle sitting on the bench doing nothing. Why? Can anybody tell me why?

Slug3
05-08-2012, 09:39 AM
Spo won't make a change to give him more time unless someone gets injured.

beasted86
05-08-2012, 09:41 AM
I've always thought Miller was the better all around player to Jones.

Better rebounder, better defender, better passer, better inside the arc. Though they are probably equal from 3PT.

I don't see Spo changing his rotation, it's not like Jones is shooting all that great in the limited minutes he's seen either. Miller is shooting 35% from 3PT though only 32% overall, Jones is shooting 50% overall but only 33% from 3PT.

At this point none of our shooters except for Chalmers can hit a 3.

flashwade03
05-08-2012, 12:00 PM
i think jones will play if ever we meet boston in the ECF ..(w/c is likely) ..
last year he did a great job against celtics ..though miller was injured that time ..
he might play ,,but i could be wrong ..we should ask spo ? lol

KnicksPain
05-08-2012, 04:12 PM
I actually am surprised he hasnt played I dont know your team like you guys but everytime I see him he seems to kill my knicks. But overall Miller does do more.

justinnum1
05-08-2012, 04:18 PM
Im fine with jones not playing. Miller and battier just need to step the **** up.

Wade>You
05-08-2012, 04:22 PM
Spo won't make a change to give him more time unless someone gets injured.This. The coach decides who plays and who doesn't. It's really not a mystery.

With that said: Shane Battier, Joel Anthony, and Mike Miller constitute the worst bench in the playoffs at the moment with little-to-no offense. Expand it to JJ, Pittman, and Cole and we get a better bench that can actually put up some offense.

unleashthebeast
05-08-2012, 05:07 PM
This. The coach decides who plays and who doesn't. It's really not a mystery.

With that said: Shane Battier, Joel Anthony, and Mike Miller constitute the worst bench in the playoffs at the moment with little-to-no offense. Expand it to JJ, Pittman, and Cole and we get a better bench that can actually put up some offense.

Regardless of the rest of the post, you lost me at the word Cole

:puke: :puke: :puke:

Wade>You
05-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Regardless of the rest of the post, you lost me at the word Cole
I know he struggled at the end of the season, but it's that mentality that would have had us not re-sign Chalmers, trade Haslem and Miller, etc.

Ex: Battier is struggling right now, but I'm not saying to trade him or not play him. The reason I don't say that because I know he will be a valuable asset when the time comes. Same with Cole, Haslem, Chalmers, Miller.

FWIW, look how balanced the Spurs are:

Spurs (http://www.nba.com/spurs/stats/2011/playoffs): 11 guys over 10mpg, 2 guys under 10mpg. Also: only 2 guys over 30mpg.
Heat (http://www.nba.com/heat/stats/): 8 guys over 10mpg, 4 guys under 10mpg. Also: 4 guys over 30mpg

One team swept through their first round with ease and little fatigue.

The other team is playing a game 5 and looked tired as their series progressed.

justinnum1
05-08-2012, 06:37 PM
Anyone wanting to give cole minutes is basically saying they dont want to win a ring this year.

Mambo Kings
05-09-2012, 02:44 AM
I don't like Mike Miller and probably never will. He's overpaid dead weight. Spo' can say "he does other things" which implies he's better to have out there, but he doesn't do any of those things well. James Jones has not been given a fair shake and is IMO a better 3pt shooter. Miller struggles in every facet of the game & a lineup change is long overdue.

JC_
05-09-2012, 04:27 AM
Spo likes "defensive energy and heart" which Mike Miller has. If I was going to pick a guy to shoot a 3 to try and win a game i'd probably pick James Jones and then Lebron 2nd. James Jones is a guy they should be utilizing more for sure. I hope they start using him, especially when they need a spark. Him making big shots outweighs his not-so-good defense by a huge margin imo.

Of course if Battier and Miller are shooting well, I won't mind him not playing but the last couple of games they've been sucking fat ones. I gaurentee you they would have won that last game if Jones played and took like 3-4 shots.

Fnom11
05-09-2012, 05:55 AM
Miller is better in literally every category other than 3 pt shooter than Jones. That said I think Jones should be getting some clock.

mrs rose
05-09-2012, 06:15 PM
i ask myself this question too.. REAL heat fans understand james jones is needed, when he plays the other teams have to honor that 3 pt line which creates other things, with miller he is clearly what james jones was the seasons he was INJURIED.. NOT 100%! its clear in millers bodylanguage he isnt there yet, its injury after injury. We can let james jones represent the organization in NBA CARE events because he is from miami, and he can shot in the 3 point all star game, but besides that he is just there on the bench. AND ITS MAKES NO SENSE.

justinnum1
05-09-2012, 06:34 PM
Miller is better in literally every category other than 3 pt shooter than Jones. That said I think Jones should be getting some clock.

miller is better than him at 3's too

JJ-40%
mm-45%

FreakaNashur
05-10-2012, 01:14 AM
wtf @ putting cole and pittman in the lineup

Cole n pittman are no good to us in the playoffs..ESPECIALLY COLE.

and who thinks about pittman when u have ronny turiaf on ur bench? turiaf is 100000x times better than pitt. has playoffs experience, has been to the finals with the lakers and is a vet.