PDA

View Full Version : How come everybody loves Reggie Evans?

realsportsfan1
05-07-2012, 11:36 PM
Every time I watch a Clipper game and Reggie Evans makes a play, not always a good play maybe a rebound the fans go crazy and when he scores the players on the bench stand up and cheer. I have seen him have some really good games, but why he's like how a ton of Laker fans on here love Troy Murphy even though there less than average and maybe as good as an average player.

Sadds The Gr8
05-07-2012, 11:39 PM
because he's the typical hustle player that does all the little things to help his team, and usually those players are the fan favourites. he got the same reactions here in Toronto too. he's a very funny and likable guy

Cal827
05-07-2012, 11:40 PM
Love him.... as long as you aren't playing him

greg_ory_2005
05-07-2012, 11:40 PM
Evans is the Mayne. Nuff said.

sixer04fan
05-07-2012, 11:42 PM
As a player, he's the epitome of hustle and energy. Fans love that. He does all the dirty work on the floor - defense, rebounding, goes all out for loose balls, etc. He's a terribly annoying guy to play against because he will always "out-effort" you, but he's a guy you love to have on your team and a guy fans love to root for.

As a person, he's just a hilariously goofy dude with an awesome personality so he connects with the fans like no one else can.

Bottom line, he's the ****ing man.

Avenged
05-07-2012, 11:43 PM
Back-to-back-to-back Toronto fans like him.. I guess he's just a likable guy if he's on your team, but not when you're going against him.

btw Laker fans don't like Murphy.. But they (we?) did like Luke. Every time he was inserted into the game the crowd would cheer him on.

Gram
05-07-2012, 11:50 PM
I don't like him. :shrug:

Hawkize31
05-07-2012, 11:53 PM
Because he's from Iowa.

realsportsfan1
05-07-2012, 11:58 PM
Back-to-back-to-back Toronto fans like him.. I guess he's just a likable guy if he's on your team, but not when you're going against him.

btw Laker fans don't like Murphy.. But they (we?) did like Luke. Every time he was inserted into the game the crowd would cheer him on.

Ya in your "we?" I am a Laker fan for life I bleed purple and gold, but I remember more towards the beginning and middle of the season everybody had Troy Murphy sigs. I like Reggie Evens too he is fun to like and he is the only Clipper I like because I hate the Clippers and am annoyed by everybody that just started being Clipper fans this year. I also think that Jordan Hill on the Lakers is just like that and a double double machine, but not everybody loves him, but if the Lakers resign him I think everybody will love him. Right now most people like him not love him.

2-ONE-5
05-08-2012, 12:01 AM
bcuz Reggie Evans is the MAN! whats not to love?

Avenged
05-08-2012, 12:02 AM
Ya in your "we?" I am a Laker fan for life I bleed purple and gold, but I remember more towards the beginning and middle of the season everybody had Troy Murphy sigs. I like Reggie Evens too he is fun to like and he is the only Clipper I like because I hate the Clippers and am annoyed by everybody that just started being Clipper fans this year. I also think that Jordan Hill on the Lakers is just like that and a double double machine, but not everybody loves him, but if the Lakers resign him I think everybody will love him. Right now most people like him not love him.

Nah, those Murphy posts & sigs were a joke. :laugh2: Everyone would talk so great about him just to be sarcastic (and funny), this is why nobody "praises" him anymore. It was all just a joke.

As far as Evans goes.. I'm not a fan. I'm sure I would like him if he were on the Lakers though but we already have our own dirty work players.

Blazers#1Fan
05-08-2012, 12:08 AM
reggie is a great journey man he is Gerald wallace without all the Offense but if reggie evans would of got a better chance in seattle he would of been a very scary player to face

Six-8-TheWizard
05-08-2012, 12:10 AM

This pretty much sums it up

Raps18-19 Champ
05-08-2012, 12:14 AM
He gives it his all and will do anything to help his team.

pd7631
05-08-2012, 12:16 AM
One of my favorite players, the guy fit in Philly like a glove. Ed Stefanski should be shot for trading Reggie for Jason Kablowno.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN_ftcDGxw8
^^
I'll never forget his performance in this game. He was such a pest and we beat down Detroit. The whole arena chanting his name was incredible.

BadBlakeGriffin
05-08-2012, 12:17 AM
The beard!!

Raph12
05-08-2012, 02:21 AM
Not a lot of dudes who grab balls just to win a season game, it's him and KG, pretty elite class right there.

Chronz
05-08-2012, 03:13 AM
An underrated element are the 2 syllables needed to chant his name aloud. Its real easy to shout RE - GGIE , RE - GGIE . If his name were Rojelio he wouldnt get as many chants.

*Superman*
05-08-2012, 03:16 AM
An underrated element are the 2 syllables needed to chant his name aloud. Its real easy to shout RE - GGIE , RE - GGIE . If his name were Rojelio he wouldnt get as many chants.

:laugh2:

Sadds The Gr8
05-08-2012, 03:19 AM

agree with this but lol @ Rojelio.

DaLakerz Rulz
05-08-2012, 03:52 AM

I guess you must also be wondering why Mike James is the GOAT :p

broncosfan4eva
05-08-2012, 04:14 AM
Because he's from Iowa.

This

albertc86
05-08-2012, 05:07 AM
Evans has come a long way since this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv1cBN8M-9I

Hawkeye15
05-08-2012, 08:19 AM
because he is a Hawkeye.

SeoulBeatz
05-08-2012, 08:41 AM
Best hustle player in the game and 2nd best rebounding PF behind Kevin Love IMHO.

He just has an incredible knack for drawing fouls, getting huge boards, and making plays on defense.

If you watch him enough, it's OBVIOUS why fans love him.

SeoulBeatz
05-08-2012, 08:58 AM

hahahahahha @ sig.

BHF
05-08-2012, 10:22 AM
Not a lot of dudes who grab balls just to win a season game, it's him and KG, pretty elite class right there.

what are you talking about reggie is nothing like kg

The Ooh Child
05-08-2012, 10:51 AM
because he grabbed Chris Kaman's balls

Hawkeye15
05-08-2012, 10:54 AM
because he grabbed Chris Kaman's balls

and became the envy of women everywhere...

The Ooh Child
05-08-2012, 11:00 AM

I actually did really like Reggie when he was with the Sixers. He always creeped me out with his on court body language, but you can tell he loves his role.

Avenged
05-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Evans has come a long way since this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv1cBN8M-9I

lol @ the comment "no foul. all ball."

heyman321
05-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Reggie Evans is the best. I wish he was still on the raps.

BHF
05-08-2012, 12:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG8tsM0iFAE

Jamiecballer
05-08-2012, 12:49 PM
One of my favorite players, the guy fit in Philly like a glove. Ed Stefanski should be shot for trading Reggie for Jason Kablowno.

don't worry. he got a far worse punishment. he's in our organization now. :laugh2:

EYDI819
05-08-2012, 01:15 PM
He's the enforcer... i LIKED him before. Now he starts to annoy me because he is becoming a flopper... When he got pushed by gasol last night he started flopping around like a fish and the ref just looked at him probably thinking "you aint fooling me, you just did a hard pick on mayo and now you cant hold your ground" lols

Stinkyoutsider
05-08-2012, 01:22 PM
I think a lot of people like Reggie Evans because he hustles and works hard. Makes me think of going out and working at my job to make a living. He reminds us all that it's a honor to be an NBA player, not a birth right.

Scalabrine is the same in Chicago. We all like to see him play because he doesn't take the opportunity to play for granted.