PDA

View Full Version : Baron Davis blows knee

Clippersfan86
05-06-2012, 05:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbTD4jGR8NM

I'm gonna guess his career is over. Probably blown ACL, MCL, PCL and everything else. With his age+conditioning level.. doubt he returns.

Sssmush
05-06-2012, 05:51 PM
3s...

beasted86
05-06-2012, 05:51 PM
Looked really nasty... I'm guessing his career is over as well.

bigsams50
05-06-2012, 05:53 PM
His knee looked messed up :(

Clippersfan86
05-06-2012, 05:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWv2pX0cswE

WARNING!!!! THIS ANGLE IS EXTREMELY GRAPHIC. Looks like his knee cap is on his shin. Very deformed knee.

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Dislocated right patella according to Lisa Salters.

netsgiantsyanks
05-06-2012, 05:56 PM
his career is done.

bigsams50
05-06-2012, 05:56 PM

WARNING!!!! THIS ANGLE IS EXTREMELY GRAPHIC. Looks like his knee cap is on his shin. Very deformed knee.

:speechless:

--23--
05-06-2012, 05:57 PM
my god that looked real bad

netsgiantsyanks
05-06-2012, 05:58 PM
and they called it a travel. sheesh.

bholly
05-06-2012, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the graphic warning. I'm going to avoid watching that, I think. Sounds awful. Feel bad for the guy.

NYKnickFanatic
05-06-2012, 06:00 PM
and they called it a travel. sheesh.

:laugh2:

beasted86
05-06-2012, 06:01 PM
It's basically the same injury that ended Mourning's career, his knee looked just as bad.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-06-2012, 06:08 PM
its over for baron

HowBoutDemBulls
Aye Chihuahua

Knicks21

Yeh but depending on MRI, you can also have tears in ligaments through a patella dislocation.

DaLakerz Rulz
05-06-2012, 06:14 PM

Yeh but depending on MRI, you can also have tears in ligaments through a patella dislocation.

Yea there's no way to know how bad it is yet. Can't really compare this to Mournings injury until we know if/which ligaments are torn.

GoPacers33
05-06-2012, 06:15 PM
These always make me cringe

iam brett favre
05-06-2012, 06:15 PM
How was he laughing after that

Baller1
05-06-2012, 06:21 PM
My god that was disgusting... Feel bad for BD.

Yankeefan213
05-06-2012, 06:41 PM

Yeah I was wondering the same thing.

JasonJohnHorn
05-06-2012, 06:42 PM
That sucks... I really liked Davis... I hope he can come back from this, but it look REALLY bad!

LakersKB24
05-06-2012, 06:48 PM
That looked like the whole knee popped out of its joint, I doubt it's just a patella dislocation... I hope he can make a comeback, always liked him.

metsfanssince05
05-06-2012, 06:48 PM
That was nasty. The heat bench was grossed out aswell

icon1914
05-06-2012, 06:51 PM

Injuries to BD are like new babies to a mother of eight... Just another day at the office... Man the Knicks can't catch a break...

29$JerZ
05-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Baron
Lin
Shumpert

:sigh:

Knicks go from being set at Guard to worried in 1 series.

akesh99
05-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Dislocated knee cap.. has happened to my dad before in a soccer injury. BD most likely has torn cartilage and thats only the tip of the iceberg. Sad to say it but I doubt he plays again

PC
05-06-2012, 06:56 PM
He is not going to retire, he will come back, look at Greg Oden.....

Oden's like 10 years younger. And Davis was considering retirement earlier this year because of his bum back. There's a good possibility we've seen the last of Baron

NYsFinest
05-06-2012, 07:00 PM
what a crazy knicks season this has been... so many ups and downs, so many storylines and unfortunately soo many serious injuries. one of the wildest seasons in NBA history in general.

meloman1592
05-06-2012, 07:03 PM
And they called a travel...wow

Vincent
05-06-2012, 07:04 PM
It's sad

Hope he gets that healed up, but he probably isn't going to see action in another NBA game again.

Wade>You
05-06-2012, 07:05 PM
That looks bad. Hope he'll be alright and gets back on the court asap.

shep33
05-06-2012, 07:06 PM
Yeah, probably his last game ever. I'll always remember his dunk over AK47. In his prime, guy was a great pg.

torocan
05-06-2012, 07:09 PM
Poor guy. He didn't deserve to go down like that. Was always real classy, lots of funny youtube videos too.

Will have to wait on Doctor's reports. Depending on what got torn, he could theoretically be back in anywhere from 5-18 months, or not at all.

His age will definitely be a factor.

Can only wish him the best.

Update : apparently a dislocated patella. Usual rehab for that kind of injury is 6-16 weeks normally. not sure how that would work for a professional athlete.

Ill21
05-06-2012, 07:12 PM
Feel bad for him, doubt we ever see him on a nba court again.

yankeesown69
05-06-2012, 07:15 PM
He didn't really play well for us but I give him credit for fighting through all of the injuries he has to try and give it a go every night. In his prime he was one of the most fun guards to watch, good luck and speedy recovery regardless if you're done with your career or not.

shizzle09
05-06-2012, 07:22 PM

what is it about the warning that made me watch that.

:speechless::speechless::speechless:

knicks=love
05-06-2012, 07:26 PM
we seriously can't catch a break.. ever. :sad2:

fadedmario
05-06-2012, 07:39 PM
THat's a career.

lvlheaded
05-06-2012, 07:41 PM
Career over for B-Diddy. That **** was bad

Oldmantrash
05-06-2012, 07:42 PM
Poor Baron, guy always had injury problems, was such a great player, might have been a borderline HOF if it weren't for injuries.

Guy was a great Dunker when he was young.

Punk
05-06-2012, 07:44 PM
I think he'll be okay but that looked nasty and he already was playing through a sore back and hamstring injury.

I'm going to miss him. He said being a Knick was his dream and I'm happy be got the chance to play under MSG in the playoffs.

arkanian215
05-06-2012, 07:46 PM
0a

Crackadalic
05-06-2012, 07:59 PM
Get better B-diddy

raiderposting
05-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Dislocated my knee and it was sideways n the apex(pointy end) was pointing left instead of done. Had it immunized for a couple weeks, went on a brace for a month, and was doing light squats lik 10 weeks after injury. I'm not even j shape or near the conditioning a NBA player has especially wiu millions to get the best doctors in treatment. If it's just a full dislocation he'll be back

sixer04fan
05-06-2012, 08:10 PM

OH MY GOD. That was horrific. If you look at other videos of it, one of the worst parts is seeing all of the other players' shocked faces of horror.

Kashmir13579
05-06-2012, 08:13 PM
That was sick.

UPRock
05-06-2012, 08:22 PM
Wow, he was one of my favorite in his prime, god bless him.

Mr Costanza
05-06-2012, 08:41 PM
Classy move by the heat players after the injury giving him a nice farewell.

ZebraCity916
05-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Knee injuries are the worst. I'd rather have a bad ankle than a bad knee. I'm on crutches right now. It sucks.

Cubby
05-06-2012, 09:47 PM
Classy move by the heat players after the injury giving him a nice farewell.

What'd they do? Sorry, I wasn't watching when he got hurt.

knicks4life33
05-06-2012, 09:55 PM
this injury happined to me. playing basketball also . it was the worst pain ever. I dont know how he wasnt screaming cause the pain i was in was unbearable

meloman1592
05-06-2012, 09:59 PM
Crazy part is he went down, looked at it and then laughed it off. Tough as ****

RaiderLakersA's
05-06-2012, 10:11 PM
His mind said yes, but his knee or patella or both said no. I'm guessing that at his age and weight he won't be back. Wish him the best either way.

And I'm also glad that no adidas or nike representatives felt obligated to tweet on the shoes that he was wearing. Talk about knee-jerk.

SeoulBeatz
05-06-2012, 10:16 PM
Damn that's an ugly as injury.
He was so nasty 10 years ago. Unreal ballhandling and surprising athleticism.
Hope it's not the end for the guy, but that looked pretty bad.

RaiderLakersA's
05-06-2012, 10:23 PM
Crazy part is he went down, looked at it and then laughed it off. Tough as ****

Or in shock.

One of the worse accidents that I've ever see up close, a guy rolled his Jeep and somehow got his arm crushed between the dashboard and the steering column. His arm was completed mangled. We couldn't move him and waited with him until the paramedics arrived. When I first got to the inverted wreckage I thought he was a goner. But he wasn't. He was fully conscious and even cracked a joke or two that we should just leave him there, because whether he made it out or not, his wife was going to kill him. He lived, but lost the arm.

jam
05-06-2012, 10:23 PM
He was one of those dudes with a lot of natural athletic ability who never stayed in shape. Age, weight, and a criminally condensed schedule did him in.

I wouldn't be surprised if Baron tipped the scales at 300 lbs. 5 years after his retirement.

Clippersfan86
05-06-2012, 10:35 PM
Knee injuries are the worst. I'd rather have a bad ankle than a bad knee. I'm on crutches right now. It sucks.

Tore my MCL this week. I'm learning how difficult it is.

Clippersfan86
05-06-2012, 10:38 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/oaw080.png

Looks a lot like Oden's injury. Difference is Oden was a young player.. Baron is 32 and already carrying extra weight+other injuries. IF by some fluke he comes back he will not only be fighting knee but will prob be 250+ pounds while rehabbing.

BKLYNpigeon
05-06-2012, 11:07 PM
well at least Baron can fall back on his first love. Hollywood!

Hawkeye15
05-06-2012, 11:33 PM
Knicks just can't catch a break with health, my god. This season has been very difficult with all the injuries. My Wolves fell apart. Rose is out. Noah out. Dwight out. Half the Knicks missing a ton of time.

Sucks. The team that stays the healthiest probably has a great chance to win it all this year.

29$JerZ
05-06-2012, 11:42 PM
Knicks just can't catch a break with health, my god. This season has been very difficult with all the injuries. My Wolves fell apart. Rose is out. Noah out. Dwight out. Half the Knicks missing a ton of time.

Sucks. The team that stays the healthiest probably has a great chance to win it all this year.

Playoffs really took a hit with all these injuries.

Missing out on Dwights possible last year as a Magic in the playoffs, Rose trying to get the Bulls to the Finals, the Knicks at full health going at Miami, and I'm pretty sure another injury will happen to another poor team.

Really sucks.

kobebabe
05-06-2012, 11:45 PM
Oh My! That looks awefully bad. What is with these playoffs?? players getting injured right and left! Feel bad for the Knicks and Bulls. Just not looking good for them. Wish Baron a speedy recovery but i doubt he plays again ever

Hustla23
05-06-2012, 11:48 PM
I can't believe Clippersfan posted that picture.

His kneecap looks like it slid down towards his shin. :puke:

JordanPippen
05-06-2012, 11:54 PM
Sucks to see another player go down for you guys. These playoffs are really anti-climactic with all these players going down

OldSchool
05-06-2012, 11:55 PM
We can't catch a break... Its been a rough season. Hope Baron gets better soon!

ESaady
05-06-2012, 11:56 PM
Gruesome injury. I wish the best for Baron and hope he makes a quick recovery. I'll always be a fan and I appreciate everything he did for the Warriors.

raiderposting
05-07-2012, 12:12 AM
i couldn't cry when i dislocated my knee 2 years ago i was in class and i started cussing out my teacher because he wouldn't call the ambulance until the class was over. I ended up standing on one foot with 10 minutes left in class. guy calls my mom 7 am and apologizes. pain is unbearable but not to the point you would cry just like baron you gotta laugh it off or else you will start driving yourself insane. And even if its a complete dislocation like i had if there is no ligament damage its not that big of a deal.

Davidgta1
05-07-2012, 12:16 AM
That **** looked ****ed up

colinskik
05-07-2012, 12:39 AM
With all these injuries to the Knicks I'm calling conspiracy. Stern, why you gotta go do us like that, huh?

BlinkManJan02
05-07-2012, 01:05 AM
That's very sad, I don't even wanna watch it. I really hope he can come back. I was a big Baron fan back in the day..ten years ago now, that's insane.

sunnydayin'zona
05-07-2012, 02:45 AM
actually, it definitely doesnt have to be career ending. its better than a torn MCL, which is what it looked like from first sight. this isnt as bad an injury as it looks at all. during my sports med class' unit on the knee, my teacher said that hes had people play in the same game as a dislocated patella. if he didnt do much damage with all of the movement, he could actually be back for a later game with a brace (for stability)

sunnydayin'zona
05-07-2012, 03:02 AM
wait wait, im wrong, nobody was sent back into a game after a dislocated patella.

but the recovery time for such an injury is 6-16 weeks, depending on the rest of the damage done by the moving patella. the recovery is mostly spent restabilizing the patellar tendon so that a dislocation doesnt happen again. i think the dislocation came when he twisted awkwardly while hitting knees with that heat player, so its probably not a natural instability. also, he probably laughed it off because he would feel no pain as soon as the athletic trainers popped his patella back in place by fully extending his leg.

the key here is that no tendons or ligaments were messed up. because of that, this injury is not a big deal, and he will probably be back next season. this injury is no reason to retire unless you tear the patellar tendon or cause a bunch of other damage by the dislocation. but they didnt mention any other damage, so he could actually make a quick, full recovery.

this is nothing like greg odens injury. odens injury is because he is deformed, and his left knee gets stress in places that it shouldnt, causing him to need multiple microfracture surgeries (same surgery as amare 8 years back). his problem is that his natural imbalance causes his injuries to keep occuring. he also had a patellar fracture, which may have been unrelated, but is way worse than davis' injury.

baron better be damn glad this is all he had happen. he could have easily torn his MCL and/or ACL and/or patellar tendon and been done with basketball forever.

USMCLaker
05-07-2012, 03:07 AM
ALL I want to know is what the ell did James Dolan do to Karma's mother to *iss him/her off so bad.

sunnydayin'zona
05-07-2012, 03:08 AM
also, alonzo ended his career by tearing his patellar tendon. baron didnt have that situation, or we would have heard about it, and the athletic trainers would not have been able to extend his leg and relocate his patella. also, had baron torn his patellar tendon, he would have had a gigantic ball at the proximal head of his quadriceps, if my understanding is correct. it would have sort of looked like a hamstring tear, but on the front of his leg rather than the back.

Fireworld
05-07-2012, 03:39 AM
:(

jasondrobinson
05-07-2012, 04:12 AM
ive dislocated my knee, it is such a bad feeling hopefully BD's career isnt done

Clippersfan86
05-07-2012, 06:43 AM
wait wait, im wrong, nobody was sent back into a game after a dislocated patella.

but the recovery time for such an injury is 6-16 weeks, depending on the rest of the damage done by the moving patella. the recovery is mostly spent restabilizing the patellar tendon so that a dislocation doesnt happen again. i think the dislocation came when he twisted awkwardly while hitting knees with that heat player, so its probably not a natural instability. also, he probably laughed it off because he would feel no pain as soon as the athletic trainers popped his patella back in place by fully extending his leg.

the key here is that no tendons or ligaments were messed up. because of that, this injury is not a big deal, and he will probably be back next season. this injury is no reason to retire unless you tear the patellar tendon or cause a bunch of other damage by the dislocation. but they didnt mention any other damage, so he could actually make a quick, full recovery.

this is nothing like greg odens injury. odens injury is because he is deformed, and his left knee gets stress in places that it shouldnt, causing him to need multiple microfracture surgeries (same surgery as amare 8 years back). his problem is that his natural imbalance causes his injuries to keep occuring. he also had a patellar fracture, which may have been unrelated, but is way worse than davis' injury.

baron better be damn glad this is all he had happen. he could have easily torn his MCL and/or ACL and/or patellar tendon and been done with basketball forever.

I think what he has is worse. I have an MCL tear now (grade 2 I believe) and I'm getting better by the day only 5 days after injury. I can't walk without my knee brace and a pretty bad limp... but nonetheless it will heal on it's own and takes 2 months tops to heal from what I've been told.

knicks4life33
05-07-2012, 09:38 AM
i cant believe he was smiling. I had the same injury and I will admit to everyone I was crying like a ***** lol

nycsports2
05-07-2012, 10:04 AM
another knick down smh... ANYWAY I saw it right away when it happened looked bad but sometimes you can pop it right back... obviously not this time but thanks for everything baron you played decent in lin's absence and we went out with the W

dodie53
05-07-2012, 12:45 PM
ouch.
goodbye baron

king2218
05-07-2012, 01:02 PM
Sucks for Baron...his NBA Career is over...will be remembered as a guy who never played to his full potential and for the Dunk on Kirilenko.

Mr Costanza
05-07-2012, 02:54 PM
What'd they do? Sorry, I wasn't watching when he got hurt.

They walked over while he was being carried out and wished him the best. I'm sure he appreciated it and it got him to smile a little.

ManningToTyree
05-07-2012, 03:13 PM
damn. We can't catch a break.

Get well Baron :pity:

hugefan
05-07-2012, 03:26 PM
As ugly as it looks, I would not be shocked if there is not any serious ligament damage. I had a full dislocation like this injury, it was one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen. My knee went out and slightly up, while Baron's went in and down, so not exactly the same thing. Luckily for me, I did not have any major ligament damage. I was cleared back to play after 6 weeks, wasn't 100% until another few weeks.

To the people wondering how he was smiling, I guarantee that he had so much adrenaline and shock running through his body to feel the pain right away. When my knee went out, it was out for a hour before it was popped back in. For the first 30 minutes, I was talking with my gym teacher (happened in gym class), coach, and brother. I barely had any pain, the knee was more numb than anything. Than the shock wore off, I can not even to explain the pain, and yes I did cry.

The thing for Davis now and if he plays again comes down to the ligament damage. If he has the similar injury to me, he could play again and be back for the start of the next season. Then it comes down to personal choice, surgical options, and likelihood of it happening again (based on his knee structure). In a matter of two years after my first dislocation, I had another partial dislocation to the same knee, then had surgery. After being cleared to play again after the left knee surgery, my right knee started doing the same thing. I have since had three partial dislocations to my right knee and will have surgery in the future.

Best of luck to Baron and his recovery!

Katspinal1313
05-07-2012, 03:45 PM
Wow, he was one of my favorite in his prime, god bless him.

God Bless him? U mean with a new knee?

Clippersfan86
05-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Just as I predicted guys.

@HowardBeckNYT
Baron Davis' knee injury much worse than thought: partial tear of patella tendon, complete tears of ACL and MCL. 12 month recovery

He's done. Along with his continuous back problems, conditioning issues and 32 year old age... he's not coming back.

justinnum1
05-07-2012, 05:27 PM
wow

nycsports2
05-07-2012, 05:33 PM
y all of the sudden so many acl tears in sports??? wtf

TeamSeattle
05-07-2012, 05:36 PM
y all of the sudden so many acl tears in sports??? wtf

this has gotta be an all time high with acl tears this season. Were guys really THAT out of shape or did it just happen by chance.

hugefan
05-07-2012, 05:48 PM
this has gotta be an all time high with acl tears this season. Were guys really THAT out of shape or did it just happen by chance.

I personally think that these were pretty random.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-07-2012, 05:52 PM
I personally think that these were pretty random.

ACL injuries are pretty much always random aka non-contact injuries

J4KOP99
05-07-2012, 05:54 PM
the shumpert and rose injuries were definitely freak accidents... but as for B Diddely, he is always overweight and out of shape. Something like this was bound to happen to him.

I love the guy though, hes been an exciting player to watch for many years.

LAKobeBryant
05-07-2012, 06:14 PM
maybe this will cheer your mood up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w_1ZEk4mds

5ass
05-07-2012, 08:23 PM
http://www.nba.com/2012/news/05/07/knicks-davis.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Baron Davis has torn the anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments in his right knee, a potentially career-threatening injury for the Knicks' 33-year-old point guard.
The Knicks said Davis will have surgery this week and is expected to be out a year after an MRI on Monday also revealed a partial tear of the patella tendon.

Time for Davis to retire, atleast he went out fighting. Respect.

netsgiantsyanks
05-07-2012, 09:02 PM
for his sake, he needs to hang it up. 3 tears is no ****ing joke.

mdm692
05-07-2012, 10:17 PM
Acl tear, mcl tear and that other **** I forgot what its called but 3 tears damn!!!!!! Hes done so sad =/.

xxcubs22xx
05-08-2012, 01:55 AM
:sigh:

Raph12
05-08-2012, 02:14 AM
It's an ACL tear and at his age, his career is as good as done...

Cracka2HI!
05-08-2012, 02:32 AM
Damn this really sucks! I thought a lot of more of him than most Clipper fans did, he did dog for us but mostly had nothing around him. Really sad to see him go out like out that. Always a shame to see someone not be able to walk off the court on their own terms. Hopefully he can someday live a normal pain free life again. This is almost exactly the same injury Shawn Livingston had.

IDunknown
05-08-2012, 06:44 AM
Acl tear, mcl tear and that other **** I forgot what its called but 3 tears damn!!!!!! Hes done so sad =/.

His patella is what you meant.He tore his whole knee completely.He had a good career.

LongIslandIcedZ
05-08-2012, 07:24 AM
I have no problem at all if he wants to try and rehab and play again some day. Having said that, my guess is retirement. Bittersweet for me. Last thing I want for any player is to get injured, but its cool I was there for his last game ever.