PDA

View Full Version : If the Bulls lose in the 1st round..

knicks=love
05-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Do you still consider it an upset? With Rose out, and Noah now out for Game 4 and his status being uncertain, the 76ers are up 2-1 with a very good chance of upsetting the #1 seed. Is it still an upset in your eyes with the Bulls' top players out?

This has only happened four times in NBA history:
-Denver Nuggets defeated the Seattle SuperSonics in 1994 (3-2).
-New York Knicks defeated the Miami Heat in 1999 (3-2).
-Golden State Warriors defeated the Dallas Mavricks in 2007 (4-2).
-Memphis Grizzlies defeated the San Antonio Spurs in 2011 (4-2).

Wade>You
05-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Can't be an upset when the team that's favored isn't healthy, IMO.

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-06-2012, 01:40 PM
No, DRose is the heart and soul of Chicago, and Doug Collins ain't no joke of a coach. The guy has decades of coaching experience, he truly gets the best out of his players.

knicks=love
05-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Can't be an upset when the team that's favored isn't healthy, IMO.

this is how i feel. this question came to me cause it's just so sad to see how great the bulls were in the regular season and just collapse (for lack of a better word) in the playoffs. they had a legit shot at winning a title and now might now even make it out of the first round. growing up as a huge michael jordan fan (yes, a knicks fan who loves michael jordan. i know, i know.. but i have the same birthday as him), i've always had a soft spot for the bulls.

Fukudome
05-06-2012, 02:08 PM
It has been painful to watch in Chicago.

2 of our 3 most important players now out and the other (Deng), clearly hurting is a worst case scenario for the Bulls.

h2r09
05-06-2012, 02:09 PM
not an upset but a reality check for bulls fans who overrated their supporting cast. injured on not, their supporting cast should be able to beat an average philly team if they are the title contender they proclaim themselves as.

LakersKB24
05-06-2012, 02:17 PM
Definitely not an upset DRose wasn't the MVP for no reason. Philly reminds me a lot of Chicago's team minus Rose anyways, so it could go either way imo. Now that Noah's out too I think the Sixers are the slight favorites to win this series.

Avenged
05-06-2012, 02:21 PM
I don't know, maybe..

they should be able to beat Philly without Rose but now Noah is out as well so this definitely isn't an upset if they lose the series.

The Bulls have championship potential.. shame that it had to end like this for them.

Donuts365
05-06-2012, 02:26 PM
if 6ers lose it will be a upset thats how bad chicago is rite now

Chi StateOfMind
05-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Injuries. If we beat Philly with this team then philly really sucks. It should be a given with all of our injuries.

Hellcrooner
05-06-2012, 02:48 PM
No.
Unlike say the mavs that got spanked by Warriors Bulls have lost their main piece to injury, so you cant talk bout an upset really.

You can be sure that a Birdless Celtics, a Jordanless Bulls or a Magicless Lakers could have lost at first round too , ( maybe not because they were deeper, but the posibility is there).

And you can be sure a SHaqless(or kobeless) lakers, a duncanless spurs, thomasless pistons , wadeless heat etc would lose.

effen5
05-06-2012, 02:59 PM
not an upset but a reality check for bulls fans who overrated their supporting cast. injured on not, their supporting cast should be able to beat an average philly team if they are the title contender they proclaim themselves as.

are you kidding? Nobody overrated the supporting cast...you all (PSD) overrated our supporting cast....

Anyone remember the Drose is overrated thread?

Yeah where are you guys?

PleaseBeNice
05-06-2012, 03:05 PM
An upset is an upset regardless of what happens to the players

Ladies Man
05-06-2012, 03:08 PM
Rose out, Noah out, Deng playing with one hand.. Its not an upset

bholly
05-06-2012, 03:12 PM
I don't think it's an upset, but I'm really surprised that's the prevailing opinion - looks like a lot of minds changing with hindsight. After Rose went down the general view on here still was that it would be an easy series and maybe even a sweep - the conversation was whether they could get past the Heat, not the Sixers.
It isn't like that's what happened and they dominated until Noah went down it - game 2 was a blowout with Noah, and it was a one possession game when he went down in game 3. Philly had taken HCA and made it a very competitive series before Noah went down, so I'm surprised now that everyone thinks they knew it was coming.

pd1dish
05-06-2012, 03:14 PM

so, basically what you are saying is that if LA loses Kobe and Gasol then Bynum gets an injury that he can be effective but not clearly himself, that they should still win in the playoffs. or this same scenario happens to Lebron, Bosh, and Wade. theres no way you can expect these teams to still compete in the playoffs. i know that the Bulls "Big 3" isnt full of superstars besides Rose, but Rose, Noah, and Deng are our best three players and the heart of the team, and these injuries are coming at the worst time possible. we needed them playing their absolute best ball at this time, and without them, we arent nearly the same team, much like any other team in the NBA would be like if they suffered these type of injuries.

as for the threads question, is it an upset? maybe. i really still expected the Bulls to still win this series even without Rose. now that Noah is out, ive lost all hope and idk if the Bulls are going to be able to pull out this game in Philly.

PhillyFaninLA
05-06-2012, 03:23 PM
8 beating 1 is always an upset IMO but I think the Sixers are much better then the Bulls without Rose (in the playoffs they road Rose last year and haven't been able to step up without him this year, the Bulls play differently in the playoffs)

knicks=love
05-06-2012, 03:30 PM
so, basically what you are saying is that if LA loses Kobe and Gasol then Bynum gets an injury that he can be effective but not clearly himself, that they should still win in the playoffs. or this same scenario happens to Lebron, Bosh, and Wade. theres no way you can expect these teams to still compete in the playoffs. i know that the Bulls "Big 3" isnt full of superstars besides Rose, but Rose, Noah, and Deng are our best three players and the heart of the team, and these injuries are coming at the worst time possible. we needed them playing their absolute best ball at this time, and without them, we arent nearly the same team, much like any other team in the NBA would be like if they suffered these type of injuries.

as for the threads question, is it an upset? maybe. i really still expected the Bulls to still win this series even without Rose. now that Noah is out, ive lost all hope and idk if the Bulls are going to be able to pull out this game in Philly.

Don't get me excited for nothing :sigh:

new york blue
05-06-2012, 03:34 PM
Another casualty of greedball scheduling. I don't understand why Bulls fans are not up in arms and angry at the clowns who scheduled a season with no trainers for the summer, shortened pre-season, too many back-to-back-to-backs. Heat will likely to get a free walk to the finals with the Bulls out, the Celtics with Ray-Ray just back from some serious injury...

faridk89
05-06-2012, 03:35 PM
not an upset at all, I don't want to say Rose is the entire team...because they have a lot of good supporting players, but without Rose it just doesn't work in CHI.

Pretty sad about the injury, Bulls are my 2nd fav team next to the raptors so now I have no1 left to cheer for

MGB
05-06-2012, 03:40 PM
not an upset at all, considering it's the Bulls vs the 76ers AND the refs...

Bears99
05-06-2012, 03:44 PM
Its not an upset when the team is decimated by injuries and plays like **** on top of those because they have no morale.

Bulls are a huge question mark right now, should be interesting to see what happens in the next few years

Blitzbolt
05-06-2012, 03:45 PM
???The Bulls are the deepest team in the history of the NBA according to Bull fans.

Now we know it was all lies.

--23--
05-06-2012, 03:50 PM
no it's not an upset, the injuries are a major disappointment tho :(

More-Than-Most
05-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Without rose they should beat us...Without Rose and Noah its probably a slight edge to the sixers but still the bulls should not lose 4-1 if that happens....Sorry but there is no excuse for this sixers team to beat that bulls team in 5 even without Rose/Noah

nitric
05-06-2012, 03:51 PM
???The Bulls are the deepest team in the history of the NBA according to Bull fans.

Now we know it was all lies.

And Rose is apparently the worst MVP in NBA history. I mean his team can probably get to t he ECF without him, right??

More-Than-Most
05-06-2012, 03:52 PM
not an upset at all, considering it's the Bulls vs the 76ers AND the refs...

yea because the officiating wasnt horrible on both sides :rolleyes:

Edit... ITS THE NBA...Did you expect good officiating???

LakersIn5
05-06-2012, 03:54 PM
the sixers also dont have rose and noah so that evens the playing field :D

yaswaggin
05-06-2012, 03:55 PM
all the bulls fans were proclaiming that the bulls depth is amazing and all when they were beating teams without rose.

so it is an upset

TheWhiteMamba
05-06-2012, 03:58 PM
are you kidding? Nobody overrated the supporting cast...you all (PSD) overrated our supporting cast....

Anyone remember the Drose is overrated thread?

Yeah where are you guys?

This.

akagiredsuns
05-06-2012, 04:00 PM
No.
Unlike say the mavs that got spanked by Warriors Bulls have lost their main piece to injury, so you cant talk bout an upset really.

You can be sure that a Birdless Celtics, a Jordanless Bulls or a Magicless Lakers could have lost at first round too , ( maybe not because they were deeper, but the posibility is there).

And you can be sure a SHaqless(or kobeless) lakers, a duncanless spurs, thomasless pistons , wadeless heat etc would lose.

wrong the bulls went 55-27 the year after jordan left the first time and had it not been for a very bad foul call in game 7 against the knicks they would have gone to the eastern conference finals possibly the NBA finals so ur argument is inaccurate. they still proved they could compete even after jordan left

Corey
05-06-2012, 04:01 PM

Oh boy.

Chronz
05-06-2012, 04:18 PM
No noah no chance, and deng is hurt. You can only lose so many vital pieces

JordansBulls
05-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Had Philly won game 1 when Rose was around and the team was intact then yes, but the fact the Bulls only won when there best player played says no. I mentioned in a thread earlier that the Bulls without Rose all season is probably as good as Philly.

Cal827
05-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Not really. They lost a staple in their defense as well as their main offensive weapon, and Deng is hurt too... their three best players are all hurt. Yes, they did compile that good record without him but 1) It's the regular season and consider that there were teams like the Bobcats around that they had to play and 2) The morale of the team probably just dropped off the minute the team saw him tear his ACL. I mean, they always thought "oh he's out now, but he'll be fine come playoff time" and to know that he's isn't gonna be back for the playoffs and possibly next season too... It's really an upset only based on the seedings.

I feel bad for the Bulls. I can see them as a borderline playoff team next year if Rose doesn't come back or comes back later. Shame for them Boozer has been sitting his lazy *** on that fat contract.

bholly
05-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Had Philly won game 1 when Rose was around and the team was intact then yes, but the fact the Bulls only won when there best player played says no. I mentioned in a thread earlier that the Bulls without Rose all season is probably as good as Philly.

^^Their record without Rose was more like Indy, fwiw. Well beyond Philly.

Sinestro
05-06-2012, 04:53 PM
I had a feeling this might happen the 76ers aren't a great team but they match up well with the Bulls, take out D.Rose and Noah and they exploit us quite a bit I think the Bulls win one more before were put

2-ONE-5
05-06-2012, 04:56 PM
funny how everyone is saying this isnt an upset now when you all said the Bulls still wold win easily without Rose.

DR_1
05-06-2012, 04:58 PM
I don't think it's an upset, but I'm really surprised that's the prevailing opinion - looks like a lot of minds changing with hindsight. After Rose went down the general view on here still was that it would be an easy series and maybe even a sweep - the conversation was whether they could get past the Heat, not the Sixers.
It isn't like that's what happened and they dominated until Noah went down it - game 2 was a blowout with Noah, and it was a one possession game when he went down in game 3. Philly had taken HCA and made it a very competitive series before Noah went down, so I'm surprised now that everyone thinks they knew it was coming.

Another casualty of greedball scheduling. I don't understand why Bulls fans are not up in arms and angry at the clowns who scheduled a season with no trainers for the summer, shortened pre-season, too many back-to-back-to-backs. Heat will likely to get a free walk to the finals with the Bulls out, the Celtics with Ray-Ray just back from some serious injury...
Believe me, we are pissed about the scheduling

SanAntonioSpurs23
05-06-2012, 05:08 PM
An upset is an upset regardless of what happens to the players

This

Injuries are apart of the game. Manu Ginobili fractured his elbow last year in the last game of the regular season and Tim Duncan was playing on a bum ankle. I understand that a Torn ACL is a much worse injury, but I will still consider this series an upset.

willabeast77
05-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Of course it's an upset. Anytime an 8 seed beats a 1 seed it would be an upset. I thought the Bulls supposedly had a great supporting cost outside of Rose. They went 18-9 without him during the regular season and now they decide not to play the best. It's somewhat pathetic and disappointing. Also, gotta love the backpeddling by Bull fans.

faridk89
05-06-2012, 05:22 PM
if the heat had wade and lebron out and bosh hurt they'd lose 4-0 in the series

/thread

AirJordanXVIII
05-06-2012, 05:24 PM
if the heat had wade and lebron out and bosh hurt they'd lose 4-0 in the series

/thread

Terrible analogy. Heat have no one past those 3 players.

Sssmush
05-06-2012, 05:49 PM
No, not really an upset. The Bulls were probably going to lose even with Noah, much less without him. Noah spraining his ankle just gives them an extra excuse.

They were very likely to get beat by Miami even with their full team, though, regardless.

celtNYpatsHeels
05-06-2012, 06:17 PM
Not an upset... soon as Rose went down Philly should have been the favorite. Now with Noah out... no, not an upset. It will be a upset if the Bulls were to win the series

JasonJohnHorn
05-06-2012, 06:45 PM
With Rose and Noah out, I don't see how the Bulls could be favoured to win this one.

kozelkid
05-06-2012, 06:59 PM

So am I.

I will say, I'm not surprised as far as us likely losing only because Philly has been such an awful matchup for us. The way I see it, Rose really separated us from them. Without him, we are much like Philly: a gritty, tough defensive team that struggles offensively too often. Rose was often that wildcard who knew went to get take over and get the offense going. Without him, I don't think the team is better than Philly. Not to mention, one of Thibs strengths was forcing an opposing teams' gameplan to unravel and become undisciplined. It's why I think we could have beaten a team like Orlando (without Howard obviously) or Atlanta rather easily cause they aren't disciplined. Philly is as disciplined and well-coached of a team as any.

kozelkid
05-06-2012, 07:01 PM
Oh boy.

:laugh2:

THE MTL
05-06-2012, 07:02 PM
Well historically, it is still considered an upset. An 8th seed beating the 1st seed. No matter how u look at it. It is an upset. Also, Chicago loves to flaunt its so-called amazing record without Rose playing. So Chi fans saw reality.

Now in my book, I wouldnt call it a real upset because of the injuries to the rest of the team: Deng, Watson, and Noah.

BcEuAbRsS
05-06-2012, 07:09 PM
Yes its an upset... I'm sorry but the defensive effort is awful... Obviously losing Rose meant no ring, but they sure as hell should be able to beat the 6ers three times in 6 games...

And I think we have finally seen the last of Korver, the guy is useless come playoffs cause all teams need to do is not leave his side...

I'm highly dissapointed with this team, I've got no problem losing to a better team. But the 6ers are NOT, with or without Rose...

tp13baby
05-06-2012, 07:12 PM
76ers are underrated in my opinion. I like em.

MJ-BULLS
05-06-2012, 07:40 PM
No rose or Noah. Yeah a big time upset. Let's see, if the 90s bulls didnt have Jordan and pip they would suck.

Crackadalic
05-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Philly has a big shot to win this series now. Sucks that the bulls arent at full strength

JC_
05-06-2012, 08:08 PM
I still think the Bulls should have been able to beat Philly even with Rose and now Noah out. It's not really an upset with those guys injured though.

justinnum1
05-06-2012, 08:32 PM
they still should have won without rose

Jumi
05-06-2012, 08:56 PM
Not an upset. If your best player or the player who makes your team function like a well oiled machine isn't healthy then you're just another team! It's that simple! The whole 8th seed vs. 1 seed is overated unless you totally outmatch the other team. Perfect case in point....Memphis wasn't a true eighth seed last year, the Jazz are an eighth seed this year! Injuries happen..it sucks, but, C'est la vie!!

Cubby
05-06-2012, 08:57 PM

No. You're forgetting Noah as well as an injured Deng. Really not hard to figure out. It is not an upset. At all.

SeoulBeatz
05-06-2012, 09:13 PM
Well, Chicago fans were still saying it was going to be an EASY sweep even when Rose went down. Can't deny that.

Not nearly as big of an upset as it would be with him out, but the Sixers should get some credit for taking it to the #1 seed.

Max.This
05-06-2012, 09:16 PM
When looking at the title I thought.. If the bulls lose.. Than my bracket is ******

JordanPippen
05-06-2012, 09:47 PM

You can't blame Stern or the NBA league office on this one. The onus for the ridiculous schedule comes down to both owners AND players. Both sides were trying to salvage as much money as possible by playing as many games in such a tight space as they did.

kenzo400
05-06-2012, 09:52 PM
You can't blame Stern or the NBA league office on this one. The onus for the ridiculous schedule comes down to both owners AND players. Both sides were trying to salvage as much money as possible by playing as many games in such a tight space as they did.

The players get paid per game but their season salary does not change depending on the amount of games in the season. So if they had played only 40 games this year they still would have been paid as if they had played 82.

It's really the owners and the NBA head office that was pushing this compact schedule to try and fit as many as possible games into the season.

kozelkid
05-06-2012, 10:10 PM
Well, Chicago fans were still saying it was going to be an EASY sweep even when Rose went down. Can't deny that.

Not nearly as big of an upset as it would be with him out, but the Sixers should get some credit for taking it to the #1 seed.

I would LOVE to hear who said that WITH Rose it would be "an EASY sweep", let alone without.

Aside from injuries, Philly, by most Chicago fans, was looked at as the toughest opponent aside from obviously Miami and maybe NY. Philly just plays us extraordinarily tough.

Swashcuff
05-06-2012, 10:27 PM
I'm a 76ers fan and I no. I mean without Rose we have the better team than the Bulls in all honesty. Rose is the catalyst to that team and the moment he went down the series was ours to lose IMO.

pd7631
05-06-2012, 10:34 PM

This is just stupid. Every team in the league had to deal with a shortened schedule. The Heat, and every other team, were at the same risk of injury as the Bulls, Celtics, etc. Having said that, the injuries to Rose and Noah in the playoffs had nothing to do with the grind of the season.

kenzo400
05-06-2012, 10:39 PM
This is just stupid. Every team in the league had to deal with a shortened schedule. The Heat, and every other team, were at the same risk of injury as the Bulls, Celtics, etc. Having said that, the injuries to Rose and Noah in the playoffs had nothing to do with the grind of the season.

So because every team had to deal with a shortened schedule that means that the grind of the season had nothing to do with these injuries. Yeah, great logic there :rolleyes:

Swashcuff
05-06-2012, 10:44 PM
So because every team had to deal with a shortened schedule that means that the grind of the season had nothing to do with these injuries. Yeah, great logic there :rolleyes:

Explain how on earth the grind of the season has affected the Bulls this post season.

pd7631
05-06-2012, 10:45 PM

Work on your reading comprehension bud, I was differentiating between "grind of the season" with the injuries that occurred to Rose/Noah.

I would love to hear your explanation of why Derrick Rose making an aggressive hop step and planting his leg the way he did, had anything to do with the grind of the season. Same goes for Noah with how he stepped awkwardly and rolled his ankle.

These injuries had nothing to do with a shortened season.

Cubby
05-06-2012, 11:13 PM
Explain how on earth the grind of the season has affected the Bulls this post season.

The grind of the season is the reason why Rose is injured. It had everything to do with it.

Captain Moroni
05-06-2012, 11:13 PM
Yes it is an upset. Where are all The people touting the rose less bulls as incredible during the season? And Noah missed game 4 not games 2 and 3 that were also losses.
I heard almost every bulls fan tell me how awesome the team was without rose. Yes against the raptors and nets, but like a lesson learned last year the playoffs are not the regular season. Just like 18-6 for mike Woodson meant nothing against the best team in the NBA Miami heat, shumpert or not.

Cubby
05-06-2012, 11:16 PM
Work on your reading comprehension bud, I was differentiating between "grind of the season" with the injuries that occurred to Rose/Noah.

I would love to hear your explanation of why Derrick Rose making an aggressive hop step and planting his leg the way he did, had anything to do with the grind of the season. Same goes for Noah with how he stepped awkwardly and rolled his ankle.

These injuries had nothing to do with a shortened season.

It's because of his injuries during the season. He had an injury at damn near every part of his leg other than his knee. In order to prevent reinjury to those same parts of his leg, the pressure has to be placed somewhere else. Well, it ended up being his knee and at that point it was only a matter of time. That hop step probably aggravated it to the point where the pressure was too much.

Big Zo
05-06-2012, 11:17 PM
I think so. They did well without Rose, and the Sixers aren't that good. A semi-upset, I guess.

Captain Moroni
05-06-2012, 11:20 PM
The grind of the season is the reason why Rose is injured. It had everything to do with it.

So are we to assume that only rose was effected by this? Maybe, and I'm just speculating here, rose continuing to drive the lane relentlessly and getting beaten is the reason he is always hurt and not the nba short season?
if I was an opposing player and he drove the lane and scored on me at will I would put him on his back as well. He pays the price for his awesome ability to score. Now his body is broken because of that, not the schedule.

Captain Moroni
05-06-2012, 11:23 PM

Every team had the same grind

pd7631
05-06-2012, 11:23 PM
It's because of his injuries during the season. He had an injury at damn near every part of his leg other than his knee. In order to prevent reinjury to those same parts of his leg, the pressure has to be placed somewhere else. Well, it ended up being his knee and at that point it was only a matter of time. That hop step probably aggravated it to the point where the pressure was too much.

I've seen that same thing happen several times to completely healthy people. You make a an aggressive move like that, and plant the foot the wrong way, you're gonna tear something. **** happens.

Captain Moroni
05-06-2012, 11:28 PM
I've seen that same thing happen several times to completely healthy people. You make a an aggressive move like that, and plant the foot the wrong way, you're gonna tear something. **** happens.

Baron Davis dislocated patella out for season was not caused by anyone else, iman shumpert and Derrick Rose planted wrong, tough breaks. Not caused by anyone else. Who knows, Wednesday it could by wade or Lebron, stuff happens

Knicks21
05-06-2012, 11:45 PM

Doing his ACL had nothing to do with his previous injuries, it has the same likelihood of happening if it is a one game a week schedule.

kobebabe
05-06-2012, 11:58 PM
No it would not be an upset by any measure. I feel terrible for them. I have a soft spot for them and it sucks to see them go down like that. It goes to show health is a major part of the championship equation!

Cubby
05-07-2012, 12:01 AM
Doing his ACL had nothing to do with his previous injuries, it has the same likelihood of happening if it is a one game a week schedule.

I already explained why. Go look back, I'm not retyping it.

pd7631
05-07-2012, 12:01 AM
I already explained why. Go look back, I'm not retyping it.

You're wrong though.

Cubby
05-07-2012, 12:06 AM

He's made moves like that almost every game. He had all of his pressure applied to his knee on every one of his attempts at the basket after his injuries. Like I said, it was only a matter of time.

northsider
05-07-2012, 12:08 AM

My ****ing god this is such ********.

Bulls fans knew our team was good without Rose however everyone else continued to be know it all and say BS about it being all Thibs, Bulls were better without Rose (you probably said this yourself) etc, etc, etc......

This was force fed by EVERYONE and not soley Bulls fans and most Bulls fans knew we had to have Rose it was just the rest of the bat **** crazy people who were saying we were championship caliber without him.

pd7631
05-07-2012, 12:10 AM
He's made moves like that almost every game. He had all of his pressure applied to his knee on every one of his attempts at the basket after his injuries. Like I said, it was only a matter of time.

A well known orthopedic surgeon seems to disagree with your theory.

"There is no evidence that wear and tear, or that kind of issue, playing too much, really has any correlation with ACL injuries in any sport that we've ever studied," Dr. David Altchek from the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York said Sunday.

But Altchek argues that too much playing could actually make a player less susceptible to the injuries that Rose and Shumpert sustained, because they might lack the type of explosiveness it takes to blow out a knee ligament.

kobemelo
05-07-2012, 12:29 AM

This. its still an upset.. they're the #1 team with basically the same team that won 60 last year. Rose is out and Noah is out and sure that hurts BUT they still have Booz and Deng and the rest of the TEAM that won around 110 games not including playoffs in the last two year. Philly barely made the playoffs.

Chronz
05-07-2012, 12:40 AM
This. its still an upset.. they're the #1 team with basically the same team that won 60 last year. Rose is out and Noah is out and sure that hurts BUT they still have Booz and Deng and the rest of the TEAM that won around 110 games not including playoffs in the last two year. Philly barely made the playoffs.

You forgot to mention Deng needs surgery and is obviously not at 100%.

Your right, every team should be able to win regardless of injuries or matchups

kobemelo
05-07-2012, 12:43 AM
You forgot to mention Deng needs surgery and is obviously not at 100%.

Your right, every team should be able to win regardless of injuries or matchups

Not what I said at all. But take it how u want to. They're still an elite TEAM is what I was getting at. I'm not saying they're at their best without 3/4 key guys at full strength. But they are still a dam good team without those guys (in this case)

kozelkid
05-07-2012, 12:45 AM
I'm also fascinated by how so many people think that Sixers are some mediocre team.

We are talking about a team with the fifth best SRS in the league and has been historically unlucky in close games.

Bulls will lose this series and there's no excuse for it, but give Philly the credit they deserve; they are no slouch, and as long as they can avoid Miami, they can definitely continue to make some noise.

Cubby
05-07-2012, 02:07 AM
A well known orthopedic surgeon seems to disagree with your theory.

Eh, I'll admit when I'm wrong. It just seemed like what I said was most likely. My bad.

greg_ory_2005
05-07-2012, 02:25 AM
Mayne, it just shows how big of an impact one player can have. And to win a title you need luck, as well as talent.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-07-2012, 02:43 AM
I still thought they were gonna still win easily, since they play so well, even when Rose isn't playing. It would be an upset, in regards to the fact that an 8th seed knocked off a 1 seed. But one could make the excuse that they are injured... but still shoulda won this series.

mvb815
05-07-2012, 02:45 AM
it isn't an upset, but it will seem so to non knowledgeable fans, especially in the future.

the silver lining is, philly has a great chance to get some real playoff experience for their young studs

JiffyMix88
05-07-2012, 03:27 AM
cant remember the last team that won a championship let alone a series without one of the top 5 players in the league(ppl can say what they want all day about our regular season record but the post season is a different animal but if that what makes ppl feel better about their response so be it)

Fireworld
05-07-2012, 03:35 AM
I never took the 76ers as an 8th seed team. They were playing very well mid season and even reached the 3 seed once. they just lost a bunch at the end of the season..

knicks=love
05-08-2012, 08:50 AM
cant remember the last team that won a championship let alone a series without one of the top 5 players in the league(ppl can say what they want all day about our regular season record but the post season is a different animal but if that what makes ppl feel better about their response so be it)

Do you consider any of the celtics top 5 players? Or what about Memphis beating SA last year?

Hustla23
05-08-2012, 10:42 AM
Ha. I remember Bulls posters spouting off saying it would be an easy sweep even after Rose went down.

I said Philly is the real deal and would probably take it in 5 or 6.

Now that Philly has tooled them in the last two games, the injuries "are too much to handle."

Vincent
05-08-2012, 11:51 AM
Ha. I remember Bulls posters spouting off saying it would be an easy sweep even after Rose went down.

I said Philly is the real deal and would probably take it in 5 or 6.

Now that Philly has tooled them in the last two games, the injuries "are too much to handle."

I expected a better effort from the Bulls, but Philly really has made all the correct adjustments this series.

Have the injuries hurt? Absolutely. But IMO, it's more of Philly beating the Bulls, more-so than the Bulls lacking the weapons to do so.

nycsports2
05-08-2012, 11:56 AM
bc of noah and deng yes... rose has been out anyway

theheatles
05-08-2012, 12:28 PM
i heard a rumor that Michael Jordan made a bet with Jerry Reinsdorf, that if the Bulls lose in the 1st rd that the Bobcats and Bulls get to swap rosters

todu82
05-08-2012, 03:03 PM
It won't be an upset given all of Chicago's injuries.

5ass
05-08-2012, 03:20 PM

Did paul pierce really say whats written in ur sig? If he did i lost even more respect for him. Trash talking on the court is fine, but u dont insult some1s mother.

TheIlladelph16
05-08-2012, 03:53 PM
So am I.

I will say, I'm not surprised as far as us likely losing only because Philly has been such an awful matchup for us. The way I see it, Rose really separated us from them. Without him, we are much like Philly: a gritty, tough defensive team that struggles offensively too often. Rose was often that wildcard who knew went to get take over and get the offense going. Without him, I don't think the team is better than Philly. Not to mention, one of Thibs strengths was forcing an opposing teams' gameplan to unravel and become undisciplined. It's why I think we could have beaten a team like Orlando (without Howard obviously) or Atlanta rather easily cause they aren't disciplined. Philly is as disciplined and well-coached of a team as any.

I had absolutely zero expectations of even winning more than one game in this series before Rose and Noah went down. Without those two players there really isn't any way this series can be considered an upset (maybe a semi-upset?). I do feel however that the Sixers and Doug Collins especially deserve a **** of a lot of credit for the way they have played and capitalized on those injuries.

The Sixers are a great defensive team who play solid all around basketball, but lack an offense go-to players. Very comparable to the Bulls squad without Rose. The reason we are up 3-1 right now is because Doug Collins has the Sixers playing more disciplined on both ends of the court.

Yumboldt
05-08-2012, 04:24 PM
No.

See 93'-94' Buils