PDA

View Full Version : Source: Deron 50-50 On Signing With Mavs

JordansBulls
05-06-2012, 01:17 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-120505/daily-dime

One source well-acquainted with Williams' thinking told ESPN.com this weekend that the Mavericks, in their current state, have no better than a "50-50 shot" of getting D-Will's signature in July ... despite the fact that the Nets aren't any closer to landing Howard than they are.

"We never had cap space [before]," Nowitzki said. "So they made the decision to go for that and we'll just have to wait and see what comes out of that. We have no idea now. We don't know what's going to happen in the summer or the summer after that. We'll just have to kind of wait and see who can we get, who's available and who wants to come here. That's going to be something we're going to see in the future. We can't make a judgment on that now."

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Is he going to have a 1 hr show on ESPN to announce his decision!

:speechless::speechless::speechless:

justinnum1
05-06-2012, 01:28 PM
he should just stay in brooklyn. Mavs arent doing **** even if they get him.

Eagles4Lyfe
05-06-2012, 01:38 PM
After hearing Dirks presser about teams needing 2 or 3 go to options when needing to score you damn well can be assured that the Mavs are going to go heavy after Deron.
Dirk is going to use his recruiting tactics this offseason.

D12 fan
05-06-2012, 01:41 PM
Kidd sounds like he will go to Brooklyn to be Dwill's backup,As for Dwill I think he resigns with Brooklyn,I think he has spoke to Dwight and they will eventually be teaming up in Brooklyn next year.

BALKIS2K12
05-06-2012, 01:42 PM
After hearing Dirks presser about teams needing 2 or 3 go to options when needing to score you damn well can be assured that the Mavs are going to go heavy after Deron.
Dirk is going to use his recruiting tactics this offseason.

yeap dirk mentioned barea & chandler after game 4 saying he missed their scoring.

LOL MAVS FANS GETTING WORRIED NOW BEGGING FOR DRAJIK LMFAO

kenzo400
05-06-2012, 01:42 PM
With the cap space Mavericks have they could sign Deron and Eric Gordon. If Gordon can stay healthy that could be a very solid team. Especially if they can also manage to get a good center like Emeka.

LTBaByyy
05-06-2012, 01:49 PM
At least its not 60-40 Nets lol

LTBaByyy
05-06-2012, 01:51 PM
I think of Carlisle, Dirk, and Cuban was at my front door step at 12:01 AM July 1st

I would be interested.

BallIsAll
05-06-2012, 01:51 PM
I believe he stays with Brooklyn I mean it's better in every aspect.

Brand spankin new arena which might be the best arena in the league
Unlimited marketing options
Brook Lopez and marshon brooks
New team all to yourself to break as many records as you wish

The only thing the mavs have that the nets don't is a championship and that doesn't matter because it won help deron lol

shep33
05-06-2012, 01:52 PM
So if the Mavs amnesty Haywood, sign Deron to a max... who the hell else are they going to sign with 6-7 mill in cap space?

Marion
Dirk
Dwill
Roddy
Dominique Jones
B. Wright

They'll have 1 MLE to use, but after that it's all minimum players. Guys like KG, Ray, Nash, etc. won't sign for a vets min either. Plus, if they get rid of Haywood, they have zero size once again, and bigs cost money in this league. They're in a tough spot, but if anyone can work some magic it'll be Cuban.

oak2455
05-06-2012, 02:20 PM
This will be like I said previously one of 100 articles:clap:

gwrighter
05-06-2012, 02:22 PM
FA hasn't even begun yet. Other teams will surface....

D12 fan
05-06-2012, 02:25 PM
I think Dwill will choose between Brooklyn or Orlando,he could demand a sign n trade to Orlando to team up with Dwight,or he will resign with Brooklyn after they trade for Dwight.They seem like best friends,I think they will end up on the same team next year.

Donuts365
05-06-2012, 02:39 PM
better be brooklyn that gets him mavs not getting pass thunder for the next 15 years

Donuts365
05-06-2012, 02:50 PM
new sig

LTBaByyy
05-06-2012, 02:58 PM
better be brooklyn that gets him mavs not getting pass thunder for the next 15 years

And the Nets are getting past Heat for the next 15 years? :laugh:

They can't even get in the playoffs at that with D Will

Shareeb_omac2
05-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Mavs got passed this same exact Thunder team last season... They also got passed the Heat which is the team the Nets will never be able to get passed, if they even ever get the opportunity.

D12 fan
05-06-2012, 03:20 PM
And the Nets are getting past Heat for the next 15 years? :laugh:

They can't even get in the playoffs at that with D Will

The Heat are not young like the Thunder,Wade will start to break down soon,Bosh is really not that much of a factor,but they will be good for a longtime because they have Lebron.The Tunder will be elite for the next 5yrs with Durant/Westbrook/Harden.

PleaseBeNice
05-06-2012, 03:24 PM
I wish players would just keep this to themselves

king2218
05-06-2012, 04:31 PM
The Mavs might be able to sign Deron Williams & possibly McGee:

Williams
Kidd
Marion
Nowitzki
McGee

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-06-2012, 04:32 PM
The Mavs might be able to sign Deron Williams & possibly McGee:

Williams
Kidd
Marion
Nowitzki
McGee

Nuggets would be dumb to not re-sign JaVale.

THE MTL
05-06-2012, 04:37 PM
If Deron goes to the Mavs, it will essentially be him and Dirk and how many years does Dirk really have left?

He is much better off staying with NJ. They still a good chance for Howard and Brooks, Lopez, Morrow, 2012 pick.....will be better than the Mavs supporting cast within 2 years

akesh99
05-06-2012, 04:41 PM
So if the Mavs amnesty Haywood, sign Deron to a max... who the hell else are they going to sign with 6-7 mill in cap space?

Marion
Dirk
Dwill
Roddy
Dominique Jones
B. Wright

They'll have 1 MLE to use, but after that it's all minimum players. Guys like KG, Ray, Nash, etc. won't sign for a vets min either. Plus, if they get rid of Haywood, they have zero size once again, and bigs cost money in this league. They're in a tough spot, but if anyone can work some magic it'll be Cuban.

I could definitely see one of those guys taking the MLE to sign with Dallas. Also, keep in mind they still have Odom that could probably net them another decent piece. IMO the Mavs def have some flexibility and they're only a couple pieces away from being serious contenders again

ombada
05-06-2012, 04:46 PM
Just throwing this out there... but Williams would be a perfect fit in Indy. We have the cap space. We would just have to clear a few PG's off the roster and get some C depth and we would be set.

cubbies7177
05-06-2012, 04:57 PM
he should just stay in brooklyn. Mavs arent doing **** even if they get him.

you think so? i dunno... i originally agreed with you, but dwill would make dirks job pretty easy... making him much more effective. How much money do they have left if they sign dwill? who else would they get?

DR_1
05-06-2012, 05:27 PM
D-Will would be an idiot not to go to Dallas.

LTBaByyy
05-06-2012, 08:18 PM
D-Will would be an idiot not to go to Dallas.

Agree. Brooklyn is not going anywhere.

A new building and colors don't make you good.

DoMeFavors
05-06-2012, 08:36 PM

Dallas is going nowhere, what happeneds when Deron doesnt sign with Dallas? What happened yesterday is what will happened every year. :)

D12 fan
05-06-2012, 08:39 PM

Money talks,and Dwill can sign a 5yr deal with Brooklyn,and possibly play with Dwight.

akesh99
05-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Dallas is going nowhere, what happeneds when Deron doesnt sign with Dallas? What happened yesterday is what will happened every year. :)

I dont understand your point- they still made the playoffs.. the nets were far away from a spot even with Deron. I'd rather take my chances getting swept in the first round and play along side Dirk than be a lottery contender every year.

Mr Costanza
05-06-2012, 08:45 PM
I don't know, I still think Howard and Williams will be in Brooklyn this fall.

netsgiantsyanks
05-06-2012, 08:45 PM
I dont understand your point- they still made the playoffs.. the nets were far away from a spot even with Deron. I'd rather take my chances getting swept in the first round and play along side Dirk than be a lottery contender every year.

with brook lopez out for damn near the whole season, it was no way in hell the nets were going anywhere. say what you want about brook lopez, with him the nets would have been a much more stable team. it's hard to get anywhere with shelden williams and johan petro at the center position.

strahan92osi72
05-06-2012, 08:47 PM
The Nest even with Deron and D12 would be garbage, you can't tell me those 2 haven't figured that out. They should both go to Dallas.

D12 fan
05-06-2012, 08:47 PM
The Nest even with Deron and D12 would be garbage, you can't tell me those 2 haven't figured that out. They should both go to Dallas.

Knick fan nuff said.

netsgiantsyanks
05-06-2012, 08:51 PM
i'm really tempted to have an actual conversation about this ordeal but:

a.this is the nba forum
b. people will avoid my opinion and go straight to bashing
c. this is the nba forum

strahan92osi72
05-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Knick fan nuff said.

LOL me being a Knick fan doesn't change the truth. The Nets are one of the worst teams in basketball, and without Deron they would be on the Bobcas level. Deron and D12 with D-leaguers is still a bad team, that's a fact.

arkanian215
05-06-2012, 08:58 PM
0a

blastmasta26
05-06-2012, 08:59 PM
Deron's best choice is to stay a Net. A team like the Pacers would actually be great, but unfortunately a small market like Indy won't attract free agents.

D12 fan
05-06-2012, 09:02 PM
LOL me being a Knick fan doesn't change the truth. The Nets are one of the worst teams in basketball, and without Deron they would be on the Bobcas level. Deron and D12 with D-leaguers is still a bad team, that's a fact.

Knick fan nuff said.

strahan92osi72
05-06-2012, 09:06 PM
Knick fan nuff said.

Low BBall IQ fan. Nuff said.

D12 fan
05-06-2012, 09:23 PM

This is what you call alow basketball IQ fan,any team with Dwill/Dwight will make the playoffs.

Quit being a hater.

DoMeFavors
05-06-2012, 09:25 PM
There is no reason to argue about this, if Deron doesnt go to Dallas you still have Marion,Haywood,Dirk locked up and only getting older. They are never going to be back to a championship level in the Dirk era again. Plus Nets beat the Mavs this year, with the guy who only played 5 games all year scoring 37.

Evolution23
05-06-2012, 09:27 PM
The Mavs are in better shape than the Nets so he should go with them.

cwesleyf
05-06-2012, 11:37 PM
Net fans need to understand that the Nets have very few good players to offer Orlando if Dwight is to be traded. The Magic do not want to swap out Howard for Lopez. If Orlando is forced to trade Dwight it will not be to the Nets or the the Mavericks. Neither team can provide Orlando with the players the Magic would want, unless the Nets shocked the world and won the lottery. Dwight will not be traded at a yard sale price.

blastmasta26
05-07-2012, 07:46 AM
Net fans need to understand that the Nets have very few good players to offer Orlando if Dwight is to be traded. The Magic do not want to swap out Howard for Lopez. If Orlando is forced to trade Dwight it will not be to the Nets or the the Mavericks. Neither team can provide Orlando with the players the Magic would want, unless the Nets shocked the world and won the lottery. Dwight will not be traded at a yard sale price.

If Dwight wants to be a Net, he can always wait til FA if Orlando won't trade him there. No one's gonna give up quality pieces for Dwight without the assurance that he stays.

USMCLaker
05-07-2012, 08:26 AM
Souces say: 50 percent chance he makes a decision at some point.

USMCLaker
05-07-2012, 08:29 AM
This just in Sources say: 50 percent chance he doesn't make a decison.

Now I don't know what to believe anymore. Is Santa Claus real?

Jumi
05-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Deron Williams would be an idiot if he left all the money that the Nets could offer him on the table! It's that simple! He has a chance to be "the man" with the Nets. Just being on the same team with Dwight Howard doesn't make winning a championship automatic. His contract would be good though!

On top of that, he has an owner that's willing to spend to build around him! Say what you will, but they have a few good role players already! If Brook Lopez was healthy, who knows how good the team is? They could've easily made the playoffs. There are only two dominant centers in the game at the moment, so with one in the East and the other in the West, things could get interesting with the right pieces.

LTBaByyy
05-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Deron Williams would be just as the man in Dallas as Dirk is

See the Heat.

Jumi
05-07-2012, 03:49 PM
But Dirk is on the downside of a HOF career. Let Dwight come to New Jersey as a FA. Give the younger guys a full season to develop. Let Lopez showcase himself for other teams next season, so you can trade him for other pieces, like outside shooting! Make the playoffs next year, then " Brooklyn's ballin!"

Only one season gone, unless Deron believes if he came to Dallas he would win the title next year with Dirk! It just makes basketball and business sense!

king4day
05-07-2012, 04:00 PM
In other words, i the Nets don't snag Howard, Deron will walk.
I wonder if that's the same percentage Howard gave Williams that he'd ask for a trade.

Rockice_8
05-07-2012, 04:04 PM
The Nets are a much better team then their record this year IMO. I think they could have challenged for the playoffs if they were healthy and I think D-Will truly believes that too.

Lopez, Brooks, D. James, Farmar, D-Will all missed significant time. I mean they even had D-League call ups who were lost for the year. They went through stretches where they had 9-10 healthy bodies.

There's no question off the court Brooklyn blows DAL out of the water and DAl can preach how DAL is a big city blah blah, it's not even close. On the court the West is loaded lets be real, they have 7-8 very good or up and coming teams. Outside of Miami and maybe CHI if they get it together the East is wide open and you can see how one twist of a knee can change everything.

D-Will, Brooks, Wallace, Hump, Lopez are playoff team in the East and a ping pong ball bounce here and a FA singing there are they could be a 4-6 seed. The Nets took a chance for Dwight and it burned them. They went with the 1 year deals and their depth suffered.

I don't get the notion that they can't turn it around. Once bad doesn't always mean always bad. When did the Mavs become the Lakers or Celtics. They've been to 2 NBA finals in their entire history. Cuban is a great owner no doubt but this Prokorov seems like a guy willing to do whatever it takes. It's not going to happen over night but the Nets future is bright and guys will want to play there.

The Financial Side:
DALLAS: I think they'll keep VC and Wright (both cheep options) and amnesty Haywood (giving them enough room for D-Will). They will have approximately 40 mil on the books (including the cap holds) for next year which means D-Will sucks up all that cap since I think his contract starts around 17 mil leaving them with about 1 mil remaining (these are rough numbers here).

That gives them a lineup of
D-Will/Kidd (I'm guessing he'll come back for the mil leftover)
VC/Roddy
Marion
Dirk/Wright
?

That's a solid team but nothing but a middle of the pack team in the West. No size, no depth and with 2 guys (Kidd, VC) on their last legs very little upside. They will have the MMLE and only vet min space left meaning that roster is not going to get much better then that (not getting an impact player for the min). I'll leave out Dirk even though I feel like he's not the MVP we all saw 2 years ago but still very productive. Is that enough to lure him away, I don't think so.

The Nets:
Lots can happen here since they are basically starting from scratch. D-Will, Wallace (gave him a 4yr/40 mil deal, not sure how accurate that will be and I didn't want to low ball him). I also gave Green a 3 year/9mil (again didn't want to low ball him but he said he'd do a discount) That give the Nets about 54.5 mil committed (I left Hump out cause he could be out).

D-Will/Farmar (if he opts out would clear 4.2 mil)
Brooks/Morrow
Wallace/Green
?
Lopez/Petro

They would have some options at PF. Resign Hump or AK47. Go after KG, K-Mart or Camby. Lets not forget they could have a top 3 pick which would be huge.

I mean I don't see this overwhelming love for Dal. They have an older team without any depth in the by far tougher conference with the much lesser off the court bonuses. I think the Nets still have a shot at Dwight, they still could make another trade for a guy like J Smith (especially if they land a top 3 pick). I mean the Nets have more flexibility, potential, and future. That top 3 pick could be huge for them if they get it and if they do I think that wipes DAL out of the conversation cause that pick is gone for an impact player.

Jumi
05-07-2012, 04:05 PM
It's not about Howard. It's, "hope you get Howard", but Howard opted in for his final year. It's "Am I better in Dallas or remaining here for more money, my team, more endorsements, see what Lopez has, and see what happens when Dwight hits the market!"

Jumi
05-07-2012, 04:08 PM
The Nets are a much better team then their record this year IMO. I think they could have challenged for the playoffs if they were healthy and I think D-Will truly believes that too.

Lopez, Brooks, D. James, Farmar, D-Will all missed significant time. I mean they even had D-League call ups who were lost for the year. They went through stretches where they had 9-10 healthy bodies.

There's no question off the court Brooklyn blows DAL out of the water and DAl can preach how DAL is a big city blah blah, it's not even close. On the court the West is loaded lets be real, they have 7-8 very good or up and coming teams. Outside of Miami and maybe CHI if they get it together the East is wide open and you can see how one twist of a knee can change everything.

D-Will, Brooks, Wallace, Hump, Lopez are playoff team in the East and a ping pong ball bounce here and a FA singing there are they could be a 4-6 seed. The Nets took a chance for Dwight and it burned them. They went with the 1 year deals and their depth suffered.

I don't get the notion that they can't turn it around. Once bad doesn't always mean always bad. When did the Mavs become the Lakers or Celtics. They've been to 2 NBA finals in their entire history. Cuban is a great owner no doubt but this Prokorov seems like a guy willing to do whatever it takes. It's not going to happen over night but the Nets future is bright and guys will want to play there.

The Financial Side:
DALLAS: I think they'll keep VC and Wright (both cheep options) and amnesty Haywood (giving them enough room for D-Will). They will have approximately 40 mil on the books (including the cap holds) for next year which means D-Will sucks up all that cap since I think his contract starts around 17 mil leaving them with about 1 mil remaining (these are rough numbers here).

That gives them a lineup of
D-Will/Kidd (I'm guessing he'll come back for the mil leftover)
VC/Roddy
Marion
Dirk/Wright
?

That's a solid team but nothing but a middle of the pack team in the West. No size, no depth and with 2 guys (Kidd, VC) on their last legs very little upside. They will have the MMLE and only vet min space left meaning that roster is not going to get much better then that (not getting an impact player for the min). I'll leave out Dirk even though I feel like he's not the MVP we all saw 2 years ago but still very productive. Is that enough to lure him away, I don't think so.

The Nets:
Lots can happen here since they are basically starting from scratch. D-Will, Wallace (gave him a 4yr/40 mil deal, not sure how accurate that will be and I didn't want to low ball him). I also gave Green a 3 year/9mil (again didn't want to low ball him but he said he'd do a discount) That give the Nets about 54.5 mil committed (I left Hump out cause he could be out).

D-Will/Farmar (if he opts out would clear 4.2 mil)
Brooks/Morrow
Wallace/Green
?
Lopez/Petro

They would have some options at PF. Resign Hump or AK47. Go after KG, K-Mart or Camby. Lets not forget they could have a top 3 pick which would be huge.

I mean I don't see this overwhelming love for Dal. They have an older team without any depth in the by far tougher conference with the much lesser off the court bonuses. I think the Nets still have a shot at Dwight, they still could make another trade for a guy like J Smith (especially if they land a top 3 pick). I mean the Nets have more flexibility, potential, and future. That top 3 pick could be huge for them if they get it and if they do I think that wipes DAL out of the conversation cause that pick is gone for an impact player.

Thank you for expressing my thoughts!

49erGiantLaker
05-07-2012, 04:14 PM
So there's a chance he will or will not sign with the Mavs. Great article.

oak2455
05-07-2012, 04:26 PM
Yes because nobody else had injuries this year.....lmaoooo

Rockice_8
05-07-2012, 04:28 PM

I'm not getting into it with you but the Nets had way more injuries then any other team. . . Fact. That's all.

Shareeb_omac2
05-07-2012, 04:32 PM
Deron and Dwight should just both go to Dallas.

Mavs should amnesty Haywood and sign Deron this offseason. Then try all season and next offseason to find a trade partner that will take Marion off their books. If they could manage to find a way to get rid of Marion's contract they could sign Dwight straight up next offseason. This would prolong Dirk's career and take the weight off his shoulders.

A team of Dirk, Deron, and Dwight is better then anything the Nets could put together.

Rockice_8
05-07-2012, 04:36 PM
Deron and Dwight should just both go to Dallas.

Mavs should amnesty Haywood and sign Deron this offseason. Then try all season and next offseason to find a trade partner that will take Marion off their books. If they could manage to find a way to get rid of Marion's contract they could sign Dwight straight up next offseason. This would prolong Dirk's career and take the weight off his shoulders.

A team of Dirk, Deron, and Dwight is better then anything the Nets could put together.

No, they can't! If they get D-Will they will be capped out and dumping Marion (which you never can dump a guy and get nothing in return) is not even half of what it would take to get Dwight.

netsgiantsyanks
05-07-2012, 04:40 PM

um, the nets were already a bad team, injuries just made them worse. you can't tell me that the nets wouldn't have been at least a little bit better off if brook lopez was healthy and our other pieces were healthy. you're trying really hard to ridicule the nets, how about you stick to hoping that your team beats the heat.

Shareeb_omac2
05-07-2012, 04:43 PM
No they won't be maxed out. ESPN and every Mavs collumnist has posted several articles talking about how possible it would be. When I suggested dumping Marion I was referring to a trade. The key to all of this is finding a trade partner for Marion. Kidd and Terry's contracts expired and the team has an option on Odom's deal. Then amnesty Haywood and the final piece would be to trade Marion. The Marion deal would have to be crafty.

akesh99
05-07-2012, 04:51 PM
with brook lopez out for damn near the whole season, it was no way in hell the nets were going anywhere. say what you want about brook lopez, with him the nets would have been a much more stable team. it's hard to get anywhere with shelden williams and johan petro at the center position.

Fair enough but by no stretch of the imagination can Brook Lopez catapult the Nets from a bottom 5 team into a playoff contender. If Dwill stays with the Nets he'll be in a situation where the team still needs to be built. There are more questions than answers with this organization right now and if he's looking for stability or at least a guarantee to make the playoffs he'll be picking the Mavs over the Nets.

elonepb
05-07-2012, 04:51 PM

Yes he believes it, he's said it multiple times.

That said, I don't think he ends up in Dallas. I do believe that IF he leaves Brooklyn, it will be in a sign & trade to a winning team (OKC Westbrook, Lakers Gasol, etc.).

Dallas will be used as leverage to get him there "trade me to OKC or I'll go and sign in Dallas."

I believe he'll stay in Brooklyn and that's because Dwight Howard is still just as realistic as before, except this time the Nets won't wait around. They'll build what they need for a playoff team (which they were close to last year until Lopez got injured) and then trade for D12 if it comes up.

netsgiantsyanks
05-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Fair enough but by no stretch of the imagination can Brook Lopez catapult the Nets from a bottom 5 team into a playoff contender. If Dwill stays with the Nets he'll be in a situation where the team still needs to be built. There are more questions than answers with this organization right now and if he's looking for stability or at least a guarantee to make the playoffs he'll be picking the Mavs over the Nets.

did i say they would be a playoff team? you're assuming. i said that they would be a much more stable team, that doesn't necessarily mean that they'd be contending for a playoff spot.

elonepb
05-07-2012, 04:57 PM
Fair enough but by no stretch of the imagination can Brook Lopez catapult the Nets from a bottom 5 team into a playoff contender.

Maybe, maybe not. When Lopez came back he dropped something like 38 on the Mavs, Nets were winning. You put Lopez + Wallace + DWill + AK47 (latest rumor) and you've got a playoff team for sure. Maybe 7th-8th seed, but a playoff team.

THE MTL
05-07-2012, 04:59 PM
Dallas just got swept in the playoffs. They are a team on the decline and the Nets are a team on the incline.

CEasFiRe
05-07-2012, 05:00 PM
HAH another reason to laugh at my nets fan friends

Vinylman
05-07-2012, 05:16 PM
No, they can't! If they get D-Will they will be capped out and dumping Marion (which you never can dump a guy and get nothing in return) is not even half of what it would take to get Dwight.

Not gonna say trading Marion would be easy but the highlighted portion of your post is just wrong...

In fact... Dallas did two deals just like that last year

brewer/fernandez to Denver

Odom to Dallas...

In fact, if they are willing to give up picks the Lakers right now have a TPE that could absorb Marion :D

Shammyguy3
05-07-2012, 05:16 PM
D-Will would be an idiot not to go to Indiana.

I switched that for better accuracy. You give Indiana Deron Williams, they're better than the Mavs with Deron Williams and will be better much longer.

Williams/George/Granger/West/Hibbert is disgusting. Trade Collison for a backup big man, and have Hill be your backup point guard. That's championship potential right there.

Mr Costanza
05-07-2012, 05:19 PM
The words "no better than" need to be added to the title of this thread. If they really had a good source for this it wouldn't be in the twelveth paragraph towards the bottom of the article. If you read the article and not just the thread title you will see this as simply a side note. Anytime someone says 50/50 it translates to I have no idea.

Shareeb_omac2
05-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Dallas just got swept in the playoffs. They are a team on the decline and the Nets are a team on the incline.

Lol at two things in your post.

1.)The reason the Mavs got swept is due to letting key players walk away, to make room for the players we're discussing in this thread.
2.)The only reason the Nets would be on the "incline" is because of Deron Williams himself. It's not like they are providing anything the Mavs couldn't.

akesh99
05-07-2012, 05:42 PM
did i say they would be a playoff team? you're assuming. i said that they would be a much more stable team, that doesn't necessarily mean that they'd be contending for a playoff spot.

Ok well if we're comparing apples to apples in terms of stability, would you not say that the Mavs currently have a more stable roster? There are still so many question marks with the Nets moving forward that even with the stability that Lopez would provide, I'd still consider the Nets a rather unstable team. That's not to say that they're not moving in the right direction or at least would like to be moving in the right direction; I just feel like the pro's of playing in your home city, alongside Dirk, with a currently stable roster, and a stable organization, severely outweigh any "potential" stability the Nets can offer.

BlondeBomber41
05-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Mark Cuban and Donnie Nelson have shown over the last 10+ years they know how to acquire talent. Putting together a championship caliber team in the offseason wouldn't be too difficult.

Sign Deron Williams. He's from Dallas, already stated playing in the American Airlines Arena is by far his favorite place to play, great fans, best owner in sports.... I like our chances.

Keep Marion.

Amnesty Haywood, give the money to Javale McGee. The Nuggets traded Nene because they didn't want his long term contract, why would they give one to McGee?

Resign Terry and Kidd to modest contracts. Resign Brandan Wright. Maybe Delonte West. None of those players will command big money.

Just with those moves they could put this team on the floor.

Javale McGee - Ian Mahimni
Dirk Nowitzki - Brandon Wright
Shawn Marion - Vince Carter
Delonte West - Jason Terry
Deron Williams - Jason Kidd

Of course not all of that will happen, some stuff will come up that we could of never guessed. My point is, if you think Mark Cuban and Donnie Nelson can't work some magic and put a talented team on the floor next year with Deron Williams signed you're crazy.

Obviously they won't do all those things, but

annihibolical
05-07-2012, 07:14 PM
all of these nets fans are angry because jason kidd came to the mavs and won a title and if deron williams signs with dallas and it happens again it would be devastating for the nets.

TheJesus
05-07-2012, 08:56 PM
I want to chime in with things Deron Williams has actually said and things we can confirm with facts. Such as things Deron has actually said himself, things Deron's family has actually said, and pictures or any other factual information we can discuss:

Some Dallas fan (he has since deleted the tweet) tweeted "If you sign with the Nets and don't sign with Dallas I will hunt you down and kill you". Deron Williams responded with this:

If i come up missing yall know who did it RT @dkneipp1: @DeronWilliams if you don't sign with the Mavs I will hunt you down and kill you

This could be a joke, I acknowledge that, but it's coming from his mouth, no speculation. Deron is a candid individual and says exactly what is on his mind. The fan was bashed by hundreds of Mavs fans who believed he cost them Deron (kind of nuts, but still I wasn't the only one interpreting the tweet this way).

I want to win. That's first and foremost. I want to go where I feel we have the best chance to win. I know we might not win a championship in the first year or 2, but hopefully as the chances of building something special and have flexibility and somewhere where I believe they're headed in the right direction.

Deron has come to terms with the fact that he won't win a championship his first year or two in his new team (which he is speaking of in terms such as "We"). Think about it. If it was Dallas, would he really think that way? With Drik getting two years older? It doesn't sound as if he is in super win-now mode. He wants to BUILD something special and have flexibility and wants to go somewhere headed in the right direction. The Nets have youth, the Mavs don't.

Definitely. Definitely. I'm still looking at all the possibilities here. I went to the arena a couple days ago and saw how it was and it's going to be an exciting arena, a great place to play, and I've always been confident in this organization. Even though I was opting out I never said I wasn't re-signing with the Nets and that's still remains the same.

The question was "Could you picture yourself in Brooklyn?"

It's just been difficult for this organization for everybody involved. As players, we had high hopes for making the playoffs. We felt that if we have had everybody out there we would have had a playoff team. We just really never got a chance to have everybody together. It was just injury after injury. We lost guys to season ending injuries. We had nagging injuries where guys were missing games here and there. We just really didn't get a chance to see us at full strength.

A lot of beat writers picked this up and felt he already made his mind up. He was asked about what his next team needs to have:

Yeah, we have to get some veterans, guys that know how to play the game of basketball, make the right plays, extra passes. That was the most frustrating thing about this year was the lack of ball movement, lack of screens, just really some good basketball players. We need to get a lot of those.

When asked about Gerald Wallace

I didn't know him on a personal level, but I always liked him as a player. .I thought we played a lot better and than he ended up getting hurt so definitely helped this team. I think he could be a great piece for us to have in the future. He's in the same situation as me. I don't know what he's going to do as far as opting out, but he could definitely help this team. He knows how to play basketball. He's a veteran. He plays multiple positions. He guards multiple positions so he's definitely somebody I think we should definitely keep around and build.

On his future with the Nets

Yeah, definitely, it would be great to be a part of that first game, that first team there, kind of start our own legacy in Brooklyn. So that's definitely enticing. That's definitely something I think about on a regular basis.

On next year

It's just so tough once you know you're out of the playoffs. Just to remain focused and having the same energy and intensity night-in, night-out. You still want to win games, you want to compete, but it starts wearing on you. I think it once you get to the last day it's almost like the last day of school. It's just like, alright, is it going to be here. So now we can focus on the future and see what a lot of us have in store.
It’s going to be a totally different team next year, I think.

On the Nets sucking this year

Yeah, but I know. I kind of have a feeling of where we would have been this year if we would have had everybody healthy. So it’s not like that really weighs on my decision. It’s more going forward. So, yeah.

On his interest in Dallas

I don’t know why everybody just throws Dallas out there like they’re heard something from me. I don’t know.

Kids and Family

Where are his kids going to school? Where is he living?

You said you’re going to be around here until your kids are out of school?

Yeah.

Where is offseason home for you?

I just sold my house in San Diego, so this is going to be my home until I figure out where I’m playing.

He doesn't like uncertainty

It’s definitely exciting. But I’m obviously a guy that doesn’t like uncertainty, I like knowing what I’m going to do, so, the quicker I know, the better it’ll be for me.

Family like it?

Yeah, they like it. They definitely like it. I like living in the city, my kids enjoy their school, so they’re excited about living here.

Deron's Wife

Has tweeted the following about Brooklyn - Retweeting it's a special day, saying she wants to stay with the team and watch it grow etc... go check her twitter

https://twitter.com/#!/dmwmama

I don't have to say anything. Deron has said it all himself.

Also, I have a picture of Deron wearing the "Hello Brooklyn" Nets Logo shirt. And more info that I don't want to post. I think Dallas fans are just a bit too hopeful. He hasn't indicated anything outside of wanting to be in Brooklyn guys. Neither has his family.

D-Leethal
05-07-2012, 09:11 PM
^^ Lebron did, and said the same ****.

netsgiantsyanks
05-07-2012, 09:16 PM
i'll believe it when he signs a contract.

oak2455
05-07-2012, 09:16 PM
ZzzZzzzzzzzzz that was epic.... Zzzzzzzz.... Great piece zzzzzzzzz

TheJesus
05-07-2012, 09:29 PM
I just don't understand it. Hundreds of people here speculate on where Deron is going without have the least bit of evidence. Yet, I post his actual words and it rolls of your back because it doesn't fit your argument.

Deron is not Lebron. He is an honest, candid superstar. He is really no nonsense. He has never indicated that he is interested in Dallas and he was offended when asked about his purported interest. And the big thing is Deron's wife and kids. I am not saying he is for sure going to Brooklyn, I am saying anything about Dallas is speculation.

Rangerchick
05-07-2012, 09:44 PM
Why not just wish him well whichever team he lands on, and congratulate the team that gets him like you actually have some class and aren't just some nerdy bitter homer?

FlashMacker
05-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Is he going to have a 1 hr show on ESPN to announce his decision!

:speechless::speechless::speechless:

I would love to see someone else do that. That was exciting.

King P
05-07-2012, 10:53 PM
I just don't understand it. Hundreds of people here speculate on where Deron is going without have the least bit of evidence. Yet, I post his actual words and it rolls of your back because it doesn't fit your argument.

Deron is not Lebron. He is an honest, candid superstar. He is really no nonsense. He has never indicated that he is interested in Dallas and he was offended when asked about his purported interest. And the big thing is Deron's wife and kids. I am not saying he is for sure going to Brooklyn, I am saying anything about Dallas is speculation.
This guy makes good points.

D-Block21-Chito
05-08-2012, 12:32 AM
ZzzZzzzzzzzzz that was epic.... Zzzzzzzz.... Great piece zzzzzzzzz

Knicks suck

LTBaByyy
05-08-2012, 12:56 AM
I wouldn't mind going after Dragic, Gordon, and Hibbert at the same time instead of just Deron

If we amnesty Haywood we can sign all 3

Dragic
Gordon
Marion
Dirk
Hibbert

BUT I am sure Hornets and Pacers would match

LTBaByyy
05-08-2012, 12:56 AM
Don't forget cap space also puts you in good trades

LaLa_Land
05-08-2012, 01:00 AM
There's no way the Mavs move into the upper echelon of teams with only this move.

They are severely lacking size and toughness inside, their bench isn't that strong, Marion is serviceable but aging, and they consistently played from behind most of the season.

Beaubois and Wright are fairly intriguing trade assets...signing Chris Kaman would be infinitely beneficial.

beasted86
05-08-2012, 01:01 AM

This is the PSD NBA Forum what can you expect?

People were 'absolutely certain' the HEAT had no chance of signing out Big 3, just like they are so certain Nets wasted a year of Deron's career and there is no chance he is staying. Anyway, I always felt like Deron would do just like Wade and instead try and recruit guys to sign so he can stay.

oak2455
05-08-2012, 01:22 AM
Knicks suck

Cool Chico.... you know whole city of Chicago sports sucks right??:dance::dance::dance: ohh and losing to the Sixers that's epic!!!

NYKnicksAllDay
05-08-2012, 01:25 AM
I think of Carlisle, Dirk, and Cuban was at my front door step at 12:01 AM July 1st

I would be interested.

Well no ****, because you're a
Mavs fan.

Shareeb_omac2
05-08-2012, 01:33 AM
This is the PSD NBA Forum what can you expect?

People were 'absolutely certain' the HEAT had no chance of signing out Big 3, just like they are so certain Nets wasted a year of Deron's career and there is no chance he is staying. Anyway, I always felt like Deron would do just like Wade and instead try and recruit guys to sign so he can stay.

The only people that didn't think Lebron and Bosh were going to Miami were Bulls, Cavaliers, and Nets fans.

LTBaByyy
05-08-2012, 04:14 AM
If Deron stays with Nets, he will be like 32 before they make the playoffs lol

hugepatsfan
05-08-2012, 04:41 AM
My sources tell me it's actually 52-48 in favor of NJ.

D12 fan
05-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Dwill is not signing with the Mavs,didn't he already say why do people bring them up all the time as a suitor.He will resign with Brooklyn and they will trade for Dwight or sign him as a FA in 2013.

elonepb
05-08-2012, 02:10 PM
If Deron leaves the Nets, he'll use Dallas as leverage to get a S&T to a championship contending team. If you are the Heat, do you pull a trigger on Bosh for Deron? I think if the Nets knew Deron was gone, they'd be ok with that.

D12 fan
05-08-2012, 02:59 PM
If Deron leaves the Nets, he'll use Dallas as leverage to get a S&T to a championship contending team. If you are the Heat, do you pull a trigger on Bosh for Deron? I think if the Nets knew Deron was gone, they'd be ok with that.

Dwill/Wade/Lebron would be a terrible fit,all 3 need the ball to be effective,and they would have no frontcourt depth after that trade.Lakers could be a fit Gasol/Sessions for Dwill.Dwill/Kobe/Bynum would beast.

LTBaByyy
05-08-2012, 03:15 PM
People swear its gonna be easy to get Howard with the Nets hahahaha

After trading that 1st round pick, the Nets have nothing for the Magic fans to be excited about

Shareeb_omac2
05-08-2012, 03:39 PM
Dwill/Wade/Lebron would be a terrible fit,all 3 need the ball to be effective,and they would have no frontcourt depth after that trade.Lakers could be a fit Gasol/Sessions for Dwill.Dwill/Kobe/Bynum would beast.

Yeah because Kobe and Bynum don't need the ball just as much as Lebron and Wade... :facepalm:

8kobe24
05-08-2012, 03:46 PM
My sources tell me it's actually 52-48 in favor of NJ.

:speechless:

DoMeFavors
05-08-2012, 05:04 PM

and if Deron stays, Dirk will never reach the playoffs again.

Shareeb_omac2
05-08-2012, 07:14 PM
and if Deron stays, Dirk will never reach the playoffs again.

False.

NYKnicksAllDay
05-08-2012, 08:40 PM

They make the playoffs next year if Deron and Gerald come back and they stay healthy.