PDA

View Full Version : Favors? Big al? milsap?

mdm692
05-06-2012, 08:28 AM
If youre the jazz who do you "trade". Favors is proving he will be a star, milsap is the mvp of the jazz and big al is just doing his thing. They all deserve to start and they all deserve fat paychecks so if youre utah do you go with a front line of milsap-favors-big all or do you trade one of the bigs for a more athletic wing player.

BSardogan
05-06-2012, 08:45 AM
Al Jefferson is the odd one out. He's a legit scoring Center, but looking at his ceiling and that of the other two, he's definately ''the weakest link''. Along with that the fact that he doesn't play defense and that is the one thing you want your 7 footer to do, he's the one Utah should aim for to lose.

I thought I read something about a Paul Pierce - Al Jefferson swap somewhere. That would be a dream scenario for both teams involved in my opinion. Make that trade and Utah is a very legit playoff team. Celtics lose a veteran and great scorer, but also a big contract and in return they get a young dynamic center that could form their future with Rondo + they have a whole shitload of capspace to improve the roster.

Patman
05-06-2012, 08:49 AM
Honestly I think you look what you can get, if you get way more for Millsap then Big Al you probably trade Millsap. The goal should be to keep Favors (but you have to be aware that favors has a player option after next year).

In the end the Jazz need PG and wing help badly, especially shooting.

dhopisthename
05-06-2012, 10:02 AM
Honestly I think you look what you can get, if you get way more for Millsap then Big Al you probably trade Millsap. The goal should be to keep Favors (but you have to be aware that favors has a player option after next year).

In the end the Jazz need PG and wing help badly, especially shooting.

favors is on his rookie deal and has 2 more years left on that with the 5th year being a restricted year if it gets that far

kjoke
05-06-2012, 10:17 AM
What position is Favors better in? You trade that person. If it Al, then you have a good core. If it's Milsap, then you will get a lot in return. It's a win-win

Patman
05-06-2012, 10:23 AM
favors is on his rookie deal and has 2 more years left on that with the 5th year being a restricted year if it gets that far

Damn I'm tired, yeah it's 2 more years and then player option and RFA, still if he develops like everyone hopes that will be a lot of money. Still if you can you keep him the guy has a huge upside.

da ThRONe
05-06-2012, 10:25 AM
I think the blueprint is pretty simple. You keep Favors and trade which ever one of the two that fetches you the best deal.

rhymeratic
05-06-2012, 10:35 AM
Keep Favors... trade Millsap. I never like keeping the undersized guy...... Overtime he'll breakdown faster and become less effective. This is a perfect team for Tyreke Evans imo.

justinnum1
05-06-2012, 10:36 AM
I think the blueprint is pretty simple. You keep Favors and trade which ever one of the two that fetches you the best deal.

This.

ChiSox219
05-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Favors/Kanter starting Milsap 30mpg off the bench

TMcC801
05-06-2012, 11:15 AM
Favors plays much better at the Center position with Sap at PF. I love Big Al's post moves (best in the game IMO) but his defense is awful and I cant stand the fact that he NEVER gets to the freethrow line. Both have said they would like to sign long term extentions here in Utah, and as a Jazz fan I would MUCH rather have Millsap over Al moving into the future/when it comes down to it, he may be undersized but he has the heart and work ethic of a champion.

Like stated it all just comes down to what you can get for each of them. You take the best deal possible....As long as it doesnt involve Favors ha ha, kid is gonna be a BEAST!!

TMcC801
05-06-2012, 11:17 AM

:clap: THIS

Although it may be a couple years until Kanter is ready for the starting spot.

h2r09
05-06-2012, 11:24 AM
trade 1 of them who fetches you the best deal. i would trade all jefferson because he has the biggest contract and would probably give the biggest return. they need to rebuild their perimeter. its quite clear devon harris isn't anything special as a pg and they should be playing burks more to see if he is anything.

blastmasta26
05-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Biggest return is a good option, but in terms of roster fit, I would prefer Favors at center with Milsapp at power forward. Then bring Kanter off the bench to replace either one. They have a potentially great big man rotation, but it's a logjam and they need an improvement at guard. Maybe run with Hayward and Burks for now at 2-3 and get a PG.

sixer04fan
05-06-2012, 11:50 AM

Yeah I was gonna say, how are we forgetting Kanter in this front court discussion?

mdm692
05-06-2012, 11:53 AM
Someone mentioned tyreke and I really like the sound of that. Does a tyreke for milsap swap work straight up?

mdm692
05-06-2012, 11:55 AM
Yeah I was gonna say, how are we forgetting Kanter in this front court discussion?

I didn't forget and I apologize if I didn't include him in my opening statement but he still has some developing to do. Yes favors is still developing but he is light years ahead of kanter in that department although kanters ceiling is really high.

ChiSox219
05-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Why didn't Utah trade Al once they traded Deron?

mgeise
05-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Why didn't Utah trade Al once they traded Deron?

He and Millsap are both 27. They are both just entering their primes; it's not like either is on the decline