PDA

View Full Version : Russel Westbrook is overrated and a cancer on his team.

JesusWears24
05-06-2012, 01:22 AM
Why dont people realize that the only time the thunder lose is because of Westbrook. He takes more shots then, which we can debate later the best player in the NBA... Kevin Durant. he yells at his players constantly when they refuse to throw up shots, and for a PG he shoots way to often and his assist numbers are not good enough.

HYFR
05-06-2012, 01:26 AM
If they keep winning it really wont matter, I get where ur coming from but hes not a cancer

Chronz
05-06-2012, 01:27 AM
I read a report that he takes the most amount of pull up jumpers than anyone else in the game, even more surprising is the fact that the Thunder win most of their games when he takes alot of those than when he doesnt. Like Durant said, they are at their best when hes aggressive.

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-06-2012, 01:28 AM
Dumb title to this thread. You kids really need to be aware of the terms you use on these boards.

b@llhog24
05-06-2012, 01:34 AM
Why dont people realize that the only time the thunder lose is because of Westbrook. He takes more shots then, which we can debate later the best player in the NBA... Kevin Durant. he yells at his players constantly when they refuse to throw up shots, and for a PG he shoots way to often and his assist numbers are not good enough.

:facepalm:

JesusWears24
05-06-2012, 01:38 AM
Dumb title to this thread. You kids really need to be aware of the terms you use on these boards.

Kids? hmm.. right. Anyway, the fact that he takes more shots than his counterpart who is 10x better shows you something. He fights with durant, and he fights with Sefalosha. An earlier post says Durant says they are better when he is aggressive? You have to realize that Durant wouldnt come out and speak about his problems with westbrook.

D1JM
05-06-2012, 01:46 AM
i wouldnt mind west in the bulls playing as a guard. not at all

Mr_Jones
05-06-2012, 01:48 AM
lesbians making out

Mrphilly
05-06-2012, 01:51 AM
LoL, westbrook is terrible, all he does is score all these poonts and help his team win. The Thunder arw screwed.

--23--
05-06-2012, 01:52 AM
:facepalm: smh

Patman
05-06-2012, 01:57 AM
LoL, westbrook is terrible, all he does is score all these poonts and help his team win. The Thunder arw screwed.

Yeah because he had nothing to do with those 2 wins at home where Durant just stank it up....... The thunder would have lost 2 games at home where it not for Russel and the series would now be at best tied.

I don't like the guy myself but common he gets so much unwarranted hate.

*Superman*
05-06-2012, 02:05 AM
...Bosh Attack!

b@llhog24
05-06-2012, 02:33 AM
Yeah because he had nothing to do with those 2 wins at home where Durant just stank it up....... The thunder would have lost 2 games at home where it not for Russel and the series would now be at best tied.

I don't like the guy myself but common he gets so much unwarranted hate.

I think it was sarcasm. :whistle:

KNICKS R BACK
05-06-2012, 02:45 AM

stop being a pansy...you're upset he used the term cancer to describe westbrook but then this other person posts a picture with kobe holding up a sign saying "OP is a phaggot" and u think thats funny though...smfh talk about contradicting yourself...i think you're the phaggot

Patman
05-06-2012, 03:12 AM
I think it was sarcasm. :whistle:

Haha probably shouldn't post when getting up at 4 am............ Brain is not really responding at all.

Donuts365
05-06-2012, 03:32 AM
...Bosh Attack!

lmfaooooooo at ya sig

blastmasta26
05-06-2012, 04:02 AM
lesbians making out

This isn't your search bar bro.

THE GIPPER
05-06-2012, 04:15 AM

I dont usually say things like, "Not sure if serious..." but Im legitimately not sure if you're serious.

spreadeagle
05-06-2012, 04:19 AM
Cool can the Raptors have him...id sell my soul

Hangtime
05-06-2012, 08:12 AM
He had a bad habit of jacking up shots and not passing the ball to set up his teammates last year against better defensive teams last year. He has improved in those departments.

I am waiting to see if that version returns against the Spurs should those two play.

Gram
05-06-2012, 08:16 AM
Wow.

kobebabe
05-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Westbrook is as good a player as they come. True he doesn't pass much but if he scores and the team win, then what's wrong with that??

Green_Monster
05-06-2012, 09:44 AM
He's not a cancer to his team. But he does shoot a lot, and probably too much for a guy with a lower career FG% than Rajon Rondo.

Patman
05-06-2012, 09:55 AM
He's not a cancer to his team. But he does shoot a lot, and probably too much for a guy with a lower career FG% than Rajon Rondo.

While having a way better TS% and ORTG. Like I said earlier I don't like the guy much and think he can take to many shots when he's off. But the Thunder just need his scoring, they have 3 Players that are good offensive players and thats about it....

Swashcuff
05-06-2012, 09:59 AM
This garbage again?

When will someone actually assess the situation and try to make a credible post as to why Westbrook isn't good for the Thunder (the best offense in the NBA)?

ne3xchamps
05-06-2012, 10:17 AM
Wow, cancer and overrated. :facepalm:

Someone's mad that westbrook isn't on the lakers. What a ridiculous statement and thread.

Swashcuff
05-06-2012, 10:17 AM
While having a way better TS% and ORTG. Like I said earlier I don't like the guy much and think he can take to many shots when he's off. But the Thunder just need his scoring, they have 3 Players that are good offensive players and thats about it....

One guy once told me that if Westbrook shot less Ibaka and Thabo would be 15+ ppg scorers. :confused:

When Westbrook scores the Thunder win. Simple as that. Should he shoot less? Yes. Should he look to set up his teammates more? Yes that's the role of a PG. Is he erratic and takes ill-advised shots? Sure anyone saying otherwise isn't being honest with themselves. But what else can you say about him in the negative. He's not Rajon Rondo, he's not Derrick Rose, he's not Steve Nash so why does everyone want him to be?

The Thunder had the best offense in the NBA this past season thanks in large part to Durant, Westbrook and Harden. Westbrook was the one who ran that offense. Sure he isn't the best pure PG in the world but some how with the rock his hand his team plays at their best offensively.

Westbrook is a PG who plays more like an SG and should not be taking more shots than the 3 time scorer champ BUT if it's helping them win? Then why should he change anything? For all we know he could be taking great pressure off of Harden and KD just as they'd do for him.

kjoke
05-06-2012, 10:20 AM
Skip Bayless is that you?

LJEATON26
05-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Kids? hmm.. right. Anyway, the fact that he takes more shots than his counterpart who is 10x better shows you something. He fights with durant, and he fights with Sefalosha. An earlier post says Durant says they are better when he is aggressive? You have to realize that Durant wouldnt come out and speak about his problems with westbrook.

You must have missed games 1 and 2 when KD couldn't hit **** and Russell was clearly the best player on the team those nights. Westbrook is easily a top 2 PG and top 10 player in the league but I can see how a Laker fan would be worried since the Thunder are going to give the Lakers a vacation after 5 games.

Patman
05-06-2012, 10:26 AM
One guy once told me that if Westbrook shot less Ibaka and Thabo would be 15+ ppg scorers. :confused:

When Westbrook scores the Thunder win. Simple as that. Should he shoot less? Yes. Should he look to set up his teammates more? Yes that's the role of a PG. Is he erratic and takes ill-advised shots? Sure anyone saying otherwise isn't being honest with themselves. But what else can you say about him in the negative. He's not Rajon Rondo, he's not Derrick Rose, he's not Steve Nash so why does everyone want him to be?

The Thunder had the best offense in the NBA this past season thanks in large part to Durant, Westbrook and Harden. Westbrook was the one who ran that offense. Sure he isn't the best pure PG in the world but some how with the rock his hand his team plays at their best offensively.

Westbrook is a PG who plays more like an SG and should not be taking more shots than the 3 time scorer champ BUT if it's helping them win? Then why should he change anything? For all we know he could be taking great pressure off of Harden and KD just as they'd do for him.

No they didn't the Spurs had the best offense in the Regular season. But yes they are a very good offensive team and Westbrook is a big reason for this.

Swashcuff
05-06-2012, 10:31 AM
No they didn't the Spurs had the best offense in the Regular season. But yes they are a very good offensive team and Westbrook is a big reason for this.

My bad I stand corrected.

Carey
05-06-2012, 10:33 AM
Westbrook has to be score first pass 2nd on this team, yes he needs to improve his decision making but what young PG doesnt?

Guess the OP didnt see Russ have a bad shooting night but play excellent D on Terry and defer to Harden last night? Hardly a cancer, that showed growth and a win by any means mentality

da ThRONe
05-06-2012, 10:38 AM
I'm not a fan of the PG taking shots without other players touching the ball 1st. I do think that OKC is built that way so I don't blame Russ for being a cancer per sa. However it is some what of a moral killer for a lot of players to come down the court just so your PG can take at times a well contested shot early in the shot clock. I just don't see this team winning a title as constructed.

Green_Monster
05-06-2012, 10:40 AM

Actually, Westrook's TS% is only .003 higher than Rondo's. Also, Rondo is 1 point higher in ORtg than Westbrook. Rondo also has a better WS/48, DRtg, eFG%, and more.

yaswaggin
05-06-2012, 10:47 AM

Actually, Westrook's TS% is only .003 higher than Rondo's. Also, Rondo is 1 point higher in ORtg than Westbrook. Rondo also has a better WS/48, DRtg, eFG%, and more.

Are you trying to imply rondo is a better scorer then Westbrook? :facepalm:

jp611
05-06-2012, 10:50 AM

Didn't they just sweep the defending champs?

Patman
05-06-2012, 10:50 AM

I looked at the last two seasons, because i find that more telling for younger players then the career statistics, Westbrooks shooting numbers are trending upwards, while rondos are trending down. I don't think we have to argue about the fact that Westbrook is the way better scorer then Rondo.

Oh and DRTG/WS48 does tell us much about their respective ability to score.

Green_Monster
05-06-2012, 11:06 AM
Are you trying to imply rondo is a better scorer then Westbrook? :facepalm:

No, I was implying that some of Rondo's stats are comparable to Westbrook's. But no, Rondo is not better than Westbrook.

I looked at the last two seasons, because i find that more telling for younger players then the career statistics, Westbrooks shooting numbers are trending upwards, while rondos are trending down. I don't think we have to argue about the fact that Westbrook is the way better scorer then Rondo.

Oh and DRTG/WS48 does tell us much about their respective ability to score.

Way better is definitely pushing it. The only thing that Westbrook is better than Rondo at is shooting.

Rondo can score, he can't shoot. There is a difference.

boolish
05-06-2012, 11:51 AM

kind of silly now that they swept wouldn't you say? :facepalm:

shep33
05-06-2012, 12:02 PM
Strange

ChiSox219
05-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Westbrook just needs to slow down. He's a great talent but he's always going a million MPH. On a lottery type team Westbrook wouldn't be getting criticized at all, the problem is he plays with two of the best scorers in the NBA so when he's taking pull up 20 footers with 18 seconds on the shot clock I cringe.

Patman
05-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Way better is definitely pushing it. The only thing that Westbrook is better than Rondo at is shooting.

Rondo can score, he can't shoot. There is a difference.

No Westbrook is just the flat out better scorer

This season:
Westbrook: USG% 32 TS% .538 ORTG 108
Rondo: USG% 20 TS% .483 ORTG 101

Tell me how Rondo is even close to Westbrook when it comes to scoring? he uses less possessions but can't even compare in efficiency

Green_Monster
05-06-2012, 12:17 PM
No Westbrook is just the flat out better scorer

This season:
Westbrook: USG% 32 TS% .538 ORTG 108
Rondo: USG% 20 TS% .483 ORTG 101

Tell me how Rondo is even close to Westbrook when it comes to scoring? he uses less possessions but can't even compare in efficiency

1 year of numbers shows how good a player is? Oh.

Raph12
05-06-2012, 12:25 PM

Jesus is overrated and no longer a top 5 player...

Baller1
05-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Agreed. **** Westbrook.

Patman
05-06-2012, 12:29 PM
1 year of numbers shows how good a player is? Oh.

Look we can have a look at last season too if you want looks about the same. The seasons before Rondo had a bit higher TS and ORTG then Westbrook, with again way lower USG%. Westbrook improved over the last two seasons and Rondo regressed.

Even if rondo would have TS% .540 he would still not be in the league of Westbrook since he uses less possessions and therefor his efficiency numbers should be higher then Westbrooks.

If oyu want to believe that Rondo is on the level of Westbrook when it comes to scoring do so, many people believe in BS that has no evidence behind it.

WVNowitzki
05-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Not a cancer, just not a point guard. Let Harden run the point.

JesusWears24
05-06-2012, 01:02 PM
The way i titled this thread by using "cancer" was a little much. But you have to realize that Westbrook thinks he is the best player on this team. People are saying, well Durant stunk it up and Westbrook was the main reason they won a couple of games. He takes more shots than the best player in the NBA and has a low assist average. People say well it works for this team.. yeah it does when you have a dynamite scorer in James Harden.

Baller1
05-06-2012, 01:08 PM
The way i titled this thread by using "cancer" was a little much. But you have to realize that Westbrook thinks he is the best player on this team. People are saying, well Durant stunk it up and Westbrook was the main reason they won a couple of games. He takes more shots than the best player in the NBA and has a low assist average. People say well it works for this team.. yeah it does when you have a dynamite scorer in James Harden.

And he deferred to Harden last night knowing Harden was in a position to take over. What exactly does Westbrook have to do for people to get off his back?

They just swept the defending champs... I think Westbrook is doing alright.

JesusWears24
05-06-2012, 01:16 PM
And he deferred to Harden last night knowing Harden was in a position to take over. What exactly does Westbrook have to do for people to get off his back?

They just swept the defending champs... I think Westbrook is doing alright.

He did differ to harden.. how many times have we seen this? but, the fact that he takes the most shots as a PG.. and what really makes me think he is way overated and a problem for his team is his 6 assists, when you have the likes of Harden, Durant and Ibaka. Its a pathetic attempt to act like a pg.

Baller1
05-06-2012, 01:26 PM
He did differ to harden.. how many times have we seen this? but, the fact that he takes the most shots as a PG.. and what really makes me think he is way overated and a problem for his team is his 6 assists, when you have the likes of Harden, Durant and Ibaka. Its a pathetic attempt to act like a pg.

The position a player plays is just a title. There's no rule stating what a point guard HAS to do. A player's job is to win basketball games, and by any means necessary. If it involves the point guard taking 40 shots a game, then so be it.

The end justifies the means; simple as that.

Hustlenomics
05-06-2012, 01:26 PM
he takes the most shots and they still continue to win because Durant scores more points and gets the clutch baskets at the end

IgglesFanInCO
05-06-2012, 01:43 PM
I hate westbrook i really do, just a terrible person, but he helps his team win

the thunder would do better with a pass first pg like rondo or cp3 but that doesnt change the fact that westbrook helps them win games\

In any case they need to focus on the center position before worrying about "only" having an all-star scorer at pg

JesusWears24
05-06-2012, 01:44 PM
The position a player plays is just a title. There's no rule stating what a point guard HAS to do. A player's job is to win basketball games, and by any means necessary. If it involves the point guard taking 40 shots a game, then so be it.

The end justifies the means; simple as that.

I understand, but taking 40 shots no matter who isn't ok. The fact that Durant plays second fiddle to Westbrook way to often, shows how Russel Westbrook's ego is getting bigger and bigger. The PG position is about controlling things, getting people into spots they need to be, pass, and occasionally shoot when they are free. Westbrook on the other hand... Shoots, Shoots, Tries to dunk, and when he isn't a position to shoot he passes and then yells at the guy who doesn't shoot.

Punk
05-06-2012, 02:03 PM
This forum really is ********. He's far from a cancer. He simply isn't a true PG. Harden is more of a Point Forward style guard.

LJEATON26
05-06-2012, 02:06 PM
I hate westbrook i really do, just a terrible person, but he helps his team win

the thunder would do better with a pass first pg like rondo or cp3 but that doesnt change the fact that westbrook helps them win games\

In any case they need to focus on the center position before worrying about "only" having an all-star scorer at pg

how exactly is westbrook a bad person? :confused: I think its funny that any Laker fan criticises a player for shooting to much when you people look at kobe like a god. Russell plays within the offense that brooks has set up for the team and it is obviously working so who gives a damn?

Avenged
05-06-2012, 02:36 PM
Bait thread..

The Thunder just finished sweeping the defending champions. At least wait until they lose to create this.