PDA

View Full Version : Durant, Westbrook and Harden

AceMan
05-06-2012, 12:57 AM
Have we ever seen anything like this before? I mean, Durant is an undisputed top 5 player. Westbrook is borderline top 10. If Harden isn't top 20-25 now he will be by the end of these playoffs. Has a team ever had three guards/wings who could all make this claim? And on top of that... They're all under 24. They're just gonna get better. I can't ever remember a situation like this where a team was so loaded at the guard/wing spots.

mvb815
05-06-2012, 01:00 AM
saying harden is top 20-25 is giving him too much credit, boys a stud, but top 40 sounds more reasonable

HYFR
05-06-2012, 01:04 AM
^ agree mostly, on another lesser team harden is top 20 25

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-06-2012, 01:05 AM
saying harden is top 20-25 is giving him too much credit, boys a stud, but top 40 sounds more reasonable

No, he's clearly above then some of these stiffs that we have ranked as top 15 or top 20. The guys plays defense, fantastic shooter, and gets to the rim at will.

kdspurman
05-06-2012, 01:09 AM
Have we ever seen anything like this before? I mean, Durant is an undisputed top 5 player. Westbrook is borderline top 10. If Harden isn't top 20-25 now he will be by the end of these playoffs. Has a team ever had three guards/wings who could all make this claim? And on top of that... They're all under 24. They're just gonna get better. I can't ever remember a situation like this where a team was so loaded at the guard/wing spots.

Yep. Duncan, Parker, Manu...

Durant actually said he wants he and Westbrook to be compared to the duo of Duncan & Parker fwiw.

Chronz
05-06-2012, 01:14 AM
I was making a similar thread to yours. Damn you for doing this to me as I was still working on it.

b@llhog24
05-06-2012, 01:16 AM
There isn't 20 players in the Nba better than Harden.

Yep. Duncan, Parker, Manu...

Durant actually said he wants he and Westbrook to be compared to the duo of Duncan & Parker fwiw.

He means perimeter based players.

BKLYNpigeon
05-06-2012, 01:38 AM
Harden will be gone in after next season. He will get a max deal from someone.

fadeaway24SC
05-06-2012, 02:11 AM

In no order:
1) Chris Paul
2) Derrick Rose
3) Russell Westbrook
4) Tony Parker
5) Rajon Rondo
6) Kobe Bryant
7) Dywane Wade
8) Kevin Durant
9) Lebron James
10) Carmelo Anthony
11) Rudy Gay
12) Dirk Nowitzki
13) Blake Griffin
14) Pau Gasol
15) Chris Bosh
16) Dwight Howard
17) Andrew Bynum
18) Tim Duncan
19) Kyrie Irving
20) Paul Pierce
21) Kevin Love

More I can't think of I'm sure.

Chronz
05-06-2012, 02:22 AM
Gay? Irving and Pierce? Melo? I think those are arguable

raiderposting
05-06-2012, 02:24 AM
In no order:
1) Chris Paul
2) Derrick Rose
3) Russell Westbrook
4) Tony Parker
5) Rajon Rondo
6) Kobe Bryant
7) Dywane Wade
8) Kevin Durant
9) Lebron James
10) Carmelo Anthony
11) Rudy Gay
12) Dirk Nowitzki
13) Blake Griffin
14) Pau Gasol
15) Chris Bosh
16) Dwight Howard
17) Andrew Bynum
18) Tim Duncan
19) Kyrie Irving
20) Paul Pierce
21) Kevin Love

gtfoh. gay is arguable but no way irving is better than harden at this point.

b@llhog24
05-06-2012, 02:25 AM
In no order:
1) Chris Paul
2) Derrick Rose
3) Russell Westbrook
4) Tony Parker
5) Rajon Rondo
6) Kobe Bryant
7) Dywane Wade
8) Kevin Durant
9) Lebron James
10) Carmelo Anthony
11) Rudy Gay
12) Dirk Nowitzki
13) Blake Griffin
14) Pau Gasol
15) Chris Bosh
16) Dwight Howard
17) Andrew Bynum
18) Tim Duncan
19) Kyrie Irving
20) Paul Pierce
21) Kevin Love

He's better than some and arguable with others.

LakersMaster24
05-06-2012, 05:25 AM
Yes we have seen this before. We have seen better than a Durant Harden Perimeter trio.

Knicks21
05-06-2012, 06:20 AM
Gay? Irving and Pierce? Melo? I think those are arguable

I don't think so, I think all four are better than Harden, at least for now.

kdspurman
05-06-2012, 11:08 AM

He means perimeter based players.

Ah ok... My bad guys :)

boolish
05-06-2012, 11:45 AM
doesn't matter where you rank him. results matter. and he's a big time game player and he's Money. He's also the third best player on OKC and that makes them Scary considering their big three is younger than MIA. Harden is scary because he has ability swagger and total confidence. He's got a Dwade kind of mentality out there. OKC and MIA. Epic battles to come.

Jumi
05-06-2012, 12:02 PM
Harden's top 25. No doubt about it! He contributes to winning. At the end of the day, that's all that matters. Winning consistently should account for more than the ability to produce good stats. He does both so he would get the nod from me from other players with similar stats without winning in the playoffs. This is when it matters the most.

kjoke
05-06-2012, 12:05 PM
Harden's definitely top 20. He is so freaking efficient.

Baller1
05-06-2012, 12:30 PM
And then you throw in a 22 year old who has the chance to be the greatest shot blocker of this generation? All bias aside, it's pretty ****ing insane to think about what Presti has done to put this roster together. Even crazier, all four of them were drafted by Presti.

KnicksorBust
05-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Magic-Scott-Worthy

Ainge-DJ-Bird

Harper-Jordan-Pippen

Isiah-Dumars-Microwave

Cheeks-Toney-Dr. J

Frazier-Monroe-Bradley

I also want to put West-Baylor but I can't think of the other guard? Goodrich?

kjoke
05-06-2012, 12:36 PM
And then you throw in a 22 year old who has the chance to be the greatest shot blocker of this generation? All bias aside, it's pretty ****ing insane to think about what Presti has done to put this roster together. Even crazier, all four of them were drafted by Presti.

Remember that trade a while back for Chandler that was removed because he failed his physical? Imagine, they could have had a team of

Westbrook
Harden
Durant
Ibaka
Chandler

with Jeff Green as a 6th man.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Rondo, Ray Allen and Rondo are the closest I can think of recently. But they aren't of the same caliber.

Most teams usually have a big man though instead of 3 perimeter players.

Yunqn
05-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Harden is a franchise guy .. Ive always believed in that.. Reminds me alot of a joe johnson .. A guy who wasnt born into the stardom but overtime received it and became a legit star who can have his own team because of his incredible scoring and versatilty..

Harden is the reason why i feel like the thunder should swap rondo for westbrook if everything fails this year to assure they can have money to keep harden AND ibaka for the future..

I see them all having fun now.. But in 4 years or so when all are in there prime its just naturally for guys' egos to grow with there play by that age.. Idnt see this ur turn my turn thing kind of working because none are off ball players or pick and roll or pop kind of bigs.. Just all ball dominate wing players.. That is Unless they never get a supporting cast then cool

Harden has the ability to do all the scoring westbrook does with the chances he has and within the possesions that harden would have if he held the ball in the amount that westbrook does, he would have a ton of assist or passes that lead to assist because of his play style.. Just my opinion ... But if this year fails they should do whatever it takes to keep one of the nba's best defensive players and one of the fastest rising stars..

Baller1
05-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Rondo, Ray Allen and Rondo are the closest I can think of recently. But they aren't of the same caliber.

Most teams usually have a big man though instead of 3 perimeter players.

Boston even cloned Rondo they thought so highly of him, that's pretty good.

;)

Baller1
05-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Remember that trade a while back for Chandler that was removed because he failed his physical? Imagine, they could have had a team of

Westbrook
Harden
Durant
Ibaka
Chandler

with Jeff Green as a 6th man.

That lineup is honestly so damn good. Ibaka and Chandler in that paint together?

BALLER R
05-06-2012, 01:01 PM
not sure you can make the argument that anyone compares to them because they are all under the age of 24, weren't they all drafted by OKC (I'm not sure about this one). Also they compliment each other. Their a good young core that could stay together for a long time and do a lot of damage. Honestly if they all were to sign long term and didn't win atleast 3 rings together I would say they failed.

D12 fan
05-06-2012, 01:39 PM
I think Harden is gone after next year,he can earn a lot more money if he was the 1st or 2nd option on a team.He will be the best sg after next year,I think some team will offer him a max contract.I think Orlando would be the perfect fit for him,He would be a nice duo with Dwight,and he will be the #1 option on offense.