PDA

View Full Version : LeBron: No asterisk for title in lockout year

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-05-2012, 09:27 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/7894556/2012-nba-playoffs-lebron-james-says-there-asterisk-eventual-champion

NEW YORK -- LeBron James doesn't want to hear anything about an asterisk.

With a rash of injuries across the NBA and several playoff teams crippled because of it, there has been some talk that this might be remembered as a tainted season because of last year's lockout. There was some stigma attached to the last lockout season in 1998-99.

For years Phil Jackson referred to the San Antonio Spurs title that year as having an asterisk attached to it because of the circumstances of that shortened season.

The mere mention of that fired up James on Saturday as the Heat had a practice at Madison Square Garden. The Heat will look to close out the New York Knicks Sunday in Game 4.

"I don't think that's right to say," James said. "I'm not going to get involved in it. Every team works hard no matter if it's a lockout year or not. There's not much of a difference between 82 games and 66 games."

The Heat have become the favorites to win the Eastern Conference after the top-seeded Chicago Bulls lost Derrick Rose to a knee injury. Bulls center Joakim Noah suffered what appeared to be a severe ankle sprain Friday night. The Orlando Magic are without All-Star center Dwight Howard, and the Boston Celtics and Atlanta Hawks have dealt with injuries to key players.

"I don't discredit the effort San Antonio had when they won it in '99 after the lockout," James said. "We all know Gregg Popovich is an unbelievable coach and Tim Duncan is an unbelievable player. It shouldn't matter. They won multiple (titles) after that so are we going to say that first one wasn't good enough? I don't think that's true at all."

James said he believes the opposite is true. This has been a more difficult season than usual because of the demanding schedule and therefore the eventual champion would have had a more challenging road.

"This is a tough season; this is a difficult season for everyone," James said. "This is the toughest season since my rookie year. This is very challenging to us mentally and physically."

kenzo400
05-05-2012, 09:29 PM
LeBron James doesn't want to hear anything about an asterisk

Lol, i don't why that is so funny.

SportsFanatic10
05-05-2012, 09:31 PM
hes right

JasonJohnHorn
05-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Rose... out
Howard... out.
The really looks like a cake walk for the Heat, but that said, Boston has played really well the second half of the season and will not lay down for anybody. I see them in the ECF. As for the Pacers, they've been playing down this series against Orlando. It should have been a sweep, and there have been some close games, but I really think that they will put up a challenge for Miami. They match up well at PG and C, and they have a great PF rotation, one of the most talented and mature SFs in the league, and while they will lose the SF and SG match-up, it won't be by much.

I'm inclined to want to put an * on this season, more so because of the Rose injury than the strike shortened season, but lets face it, Miami is going to have to beat a great team in the NBA finals, be it SA, OKC or LA. This title is going to have to be earned, even if the path to the NBA is a little easier in the East than it would have been had Dwight and Rose not been injured.

Hate to admit it, but James is right. This year's title will be won by the best team in the league.

Hangtime
05-05-2012, 09:36 PM
Phil Jackson only said that **** back then to get in the heads of the Spurs because they had to face them.

Longhornfan1234
05-05-2012, 09:37 PM
06 championship is the only asterisk title.

JeffG20
05-05-2012, 09:38 PM
if we put an * for injuries then do it every year.

if anything its harder to be champ this year because of the compact schedule. if youre able to endure it you've definatly earned it.

homestarunner93
05-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Rose... out
Howard... out.
The really looks like a cake walk for the Heat, but that said, Boston has played really well the second half of the season and will not lay down for anybody. I see them in the ECF. As for the Pacers, they've been playing down this series against Orlando. It should have been a sweep, and there have been some close games, but I really think that they will put up a challenge for Miami. They match up well at PG and C, and they have a great PF rotation, one of the most talented and mature SFs in the league, and while they will lose the SF and SG match-up, it won't be by much.

I'm inclined to want to put an * on this season, more so because of the Rose injury than the strike shortened season, but lets face it, Miami is going to have to beat a great team in the NBA finals, be it SA, OKC or LA. This title is going to have to be earned, even if the path to the NBA is a little easier in the East than it would have been had Dwight and Rose not been injured.

Hate to admit it, but James is right. This year's title will be won by the best team in the league.

So, titles don't mean as much when another team's players are hurt? Get real. This season counts just as much as any other. People are already attempting to build their excuses in the event that the Heat win the championship, which is frankly pathetic.

Wade>You
05-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Rose... out
Howard... out.

Hate to admit it, but James is right. This year's title will be won by the best team in the league.The Bulls and Magic were never favored to beat the Heat...

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Truth be told guys, I think the only reason why Phil said this was because he probably felt that whole "COULDN'T DO IT AGAINST ME!!!"

Phil left the Bulls and took a 1 yr sabbatical during that '98-99 season. What if Phil stayed with the Bulls for '99 (and MJ, Scottie and crew) decided to say or what if Phil went to join Kobe and Shaq in LA a year earlier.

Would those Spurs have won the title if they faced Phil's Bulls in the finals or Phil's Lakers in the WCF?

I think that's where Phil's comment lies. And truth be told, I don't blame him. The guy basically coached 6 yrs (in a 7 yr span) and won all those 6 times.

Phil Jackson = A bonified G!

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-05-2012, 09:44 PM
The Bulls and Magic were never favored to beat the Heat...

I would have easily picked the Bulls to beat the Heat because they would have had Rose + the best team defense in the league.

SportsFanatic10
05-05-2012, 09:45 PM

its funny how much of your life you waste hating on wade.

Wade>You
05-05-2012, 09:45 PM
I would have easily picked the Bulls to beat the Heat because they would have had Rose + the best team defense in the league.lmao what a joke

SportsFanatic10
05-05-2012, 09:46 PM
I would have easily picked the Bulls to beat the Heat because they would have had Rose + the best team defense in the league.

and you easily would of been wrong.

LionsFan..LOL
05-05-2012, 09:52 PM
To me a title win is a title win no matter how you do it.

justinnum1
05-05-2012, 09:53 PM

No way, heat would have handled the bulls.

Ezio
05-05-2012, 09:53 PM
He's not winning it so who cares :shrug:

Hangtime
05-05-2012, 10:01 PM
If anything, an argument should be made for teams that made it through this difficult compressed season with their health in tact. Everyone played under the same circumstances.

Chronz
05-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Hes right, this is one of the toughest seasons of all time, so much so that his physical superiority is even more of an advantage, you can spin that any way you want but it still makes him look godly. He has to win tho

bucketss
05-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Rose... out
Howard... out.

i agree with most of what you said but howard being out doesnt really matter much not like his team is a major threat with him

Chronz
05-05-2012, 10:16 PM
No way, heat would have handled the bulls.

Easy to say that now that hes injured. Theres always a chance, I had them in the Finals as well but I wanted to see how the Heat played in the first 2 rounds before coming to any prediction.

torocan
05-05-2012, 10:21 PM
A title is a title and whoever wins it is deserving.

That said, my personal assessment of the Lebron/Wade/Bosh experiment won't be nearly as high until they win a championship in a normal season and have to go through multiple teams that are somewhat healthy.

It would be easier to give them more credit if Lebron wasn't such a no show in the Finals.

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-05-2012, 10:22 PM
Easy to say that now that hes injured. Theres always a chance, I had them in the Finals as well but I wanted to see how the Heat played in the first 2 rounds before coming to any prediction.

I don't think the first 2 rounds are a good indication of how you do in the ECF.

09 Cavs swept the first 2 rounds, then lost to Orlando in 6 once they faced stiff competition, even though they did HCA against Orlando.

2010 Magic had 2 very good rounds before they lost to BOston despite having HCA.

justinnum1
05-05-2012, 10:24 PM

Disagree. Miami has the players to shutdown rose and when rose is taken out of the game the bulls are pretty mediocre.

Hangtime
05-05-2012, 10:31 PM
I think there would be something more to this if it wasn't for the fact that Miami went through this Bulls team on the way to the finals last year. They were on a collision course again with the Bulls again having HCA. I had Miami going back to the finals even with a healthy Rose anyways.

Chronz
05-05-2012, 10:33 PM
I don't think the first 2 rounds are a good indication of how you do in the ECF.

09 Cavs swept the first 2 rounds, then lost to Orlando in 6 once they faced stiff competition, even though they did HCA against Orlando.

2010 Magic had 2 very good rounds before they lost to BOston despite having HCA.
Lockout year changes things, normalcy is returning now that there arent triple back to backs effecting regular season #'s. The reason I was giving Heat a chance would be to see if their players would really raise it up a notch and see if Chicago remained the same leading up to that series.

Point being they still tell you more than the regular season. Like in your examples, in the first 2 rounds it became obvious Mo Williams wasnt going to wake up, him being a perennial playoff choker was becoming evident with every passing playoff game. Its why Im glad hes our 6th man and sometimes our 3rd best PG instead of being a primary sidekick like he was with Bron.

xxplayerxx23
05-05-2012, 10:34 PM
unless they lose ofcourse

naps

:laugh2:

They had a much better Rose last year and Miami was a much much worse team last year. Good try.

kozelkid
Disagree. Miami has the players to shutdown rose and when rose is taken out of the game the bulls are pretty mediocre.

If you say so. It's easy to be so confident against now that the Bulls team has essentially fallen apart since Rose went down.

I don't believe your hubris for one second for a guy who has been on our forum more often than any other.

Chronz
05-05-2012, 10:35 PM

Miami has the players when they can ignore the other Bulls, this year they had a healthy Boozer, RIP was rounding into shape and they had superior regular season #'s. Still that depth is more important in a lockout year and less imposing in the playoffs so I wanted to wait until the playoffs.

kozelkid
05-05-2012, 10:35 PM

They had a much better Rose last year and Miami was a much much worse team last year. Good try.

Huh?

Rose has played significantly better this season when healthy.

Noah and Boozer have played better this year since struggling to play together last season.

Meanwhile, Haslem has declined further and I don't see any more consistent role players for Miami this year than last.

Chronz
05-05-2012, 10:36 PM

You dont think Rose would have gotten back to speed by the ECF if not for that severe injury?

CityofTreez
05-05-2012, 10:39 PM
I think what he has accomplished enough in a shortened season, and deserves anything but an asterisk if he wins it all.

LeBron has been leaps and bounds better than anyone else, and IF he achieves that Ring, he has nothing to worry about. Critics will always find a way to slander LeBron, so who cares.

naps
05-05-2012, 10:44 PM
[QUOTE=kozelkid;22073663]Huh?

Rose has played significantly better this season when healthy.

Stats, my eyes say otherwise. And I watched Rose more often than not. He's regressed this year.

Noah and Boozer have played better this year since struggling to play together last season.

So did entire Miami Heat team. Better cohesion and better team than last year.

Meanwhile, Haslem has declined further and I don't see any more consistent role players for Miami this year than last.

Haslem didn't even play much last year. He cameback in the 2nd game of ECF after 7 months.

Miami didn't have any bench last year. Add healthy Haslem, Miller, Battier on that list. And it's not even close. This year's Miami would beat last year's Miami in 5 games.

naps
05-05-2012, 10:47 PM
You dont think Rose would have gotten back to speed by the ECF if not for that severe injury?

Assumption? May be but who knows.
Miami has the ability to shut down Rose. Ofcourse Bulls would have been a tough match up but if anyone wants to make it like Miami is going to the finals because Rose is not playing that's fine with me. I don't care. I know what I need to know.

kozelkid
05-05-2012, 10:51 PM
Stats, my eyes say otherwise. And I watched Rose more often than not. He's regressed this year.

Stats don't say otherwise. Neither do eyes. When healthy, i.e. his first two months or so, Rose was at his peak. He had a PER over 25 in the beginning of the season and his highest ts% ever. Since then, he has struggled with injuries and recovery, so his stats went down, and even so, they're barely worse than last season, a fully healthy Rose.

You might have watched Rose more often than not, but I watched him every game.

The difference is that Noah and Boozer had very little of last season to get any sort of cohesion in the first place. Miami had some.

Haslem didn't even play much last year. He cameback in the 2nd game of ECF after 7 months.

I'm aware. When he was back, however, he made a big impact in the Chicago series. I doubt he's capable of doing that again.

Miami didn't have any bench last year. Add healthy Haslem, Miller, Battier on that list.

The only difference is Battier from last year to this year. Like I said, I have no reason to think Haslem will be better this year. Miller hasn't shown evidence of consistency either.

And it's not even close. This year's Miami would beat last year's Miami in 5 games.

I'm not convinced nor could either of us prove it anyway, so I don't see the point of it.

Moreover, last year's Bulls team isn't this year's Bulls. So I don't see how people seem to think Miami beating Bulls this year would be a given due to last year.

justinnum1
05-05-2012, 10:54 PM
We have all seen just how terrible booz, rip, korver, brewer, deng, and watson have been.

Chronz
05-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Assumption? May be but who knows.
Miami has the ability to shut down Rose. Ofcourse Bulls would have been a tough match up but if anyone wants to make it like Miami is going to the finals because Rose is not playing that's fine with me. I don't care. I know what I need to know.

OK So your willing to admit if hes healthy its a much different story, and you keep saying that they could shut him down but this is a much better Chicago team, you cant play Rose the same way they did last year. Boozer is healthy, Rip atleast occupies defenders so you cant sag off him the way they did Bogans. And even if they did I dont think Rose would struggle to the same degree, I mean they shut down Wade last year, would you expect him to struggle the same way?

Again Chicago had superior regular season marks to Miami despite not having Rose at full strength all year. I wouldnt be as confident as you are, then again Im not looking through the lens of a Heat fan. You can be as confident as you want in your team but Im not hearing an objective argument. The series wouldve been a war.

gotoHcarolina52
05-05-2012, 10:56 PM
What a waste of time

SportsFanatic10
05-05-2012, 10:58 PM
just getting rid of bibby improved miami

Chronz
05-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Good point about Deng, him not being healthy isnt helping them but Im not putting too much stock into how the team has done without Rose in a few post season games.

justinnum1
05-05-2012, 11:00 PM
Good point about Deng, him not being healthy isnt helping them but Im not putting too much stock into how the team has done without Rose in a few post season games.

Thats fine. Problem is rose always struggles against miami, especially when it comes to efficiency. Miami would game plan for him just like they are melo and force the role players of the bulls to beat them. Bulls would not have won more than 2 games imo.

naps
05-05-2012, 11:08 PM
Stats don't say otherwise. Neither do eyes. When healthy, i.e. his first two months or so, Rose was at his peak. He had a PER over 25 in the beginning of the season and his highest ts% ever. Since then, he has struggled with injuries and recovery, so his stats went down, and even so, they're barely worse than last season, a fully healthy Rose.

You might have watched Rose more often than not, but I watched him every game.

I disagree but even if, are you assuming he would be healthy for the Heat who was not healthy all year long except for first 8 weeks? All of a sudden he gets healthy and beats Miami?

The difference is that Noah and Boozer had very little of last season to get any sort of cohesion in the first place. Miami had some.

Miami big three has 70+ more games together. A have seen the big three last year and I have seen them this year. Much better team game out there now.

I'm aware. When he was back, however, he made a big impact in the Chicago series. I doubt he's capable of doing that again.

How are you so sure he won't do that again? He's shooting percentage has gone down. But Miami never relied on his scoring. His bread and butter has been rebounding, hustle, and leadership. He is better than he was last year in those aspects. When he's healthy he a big factor. He's not a stat guy. He's HEALTHY, and that's the difference.

The only difference is Battier from last year to this year. Like I said, I have no reason to think Haslem will be better this year. Miller hasn't shown evidence of consistency either.

The only difference is Battier?
Again, I have no idea how you are so certain of Haslem will not play his usual game when the guy is healthy but Rose would play at his finest to beat Miami.
Mike Miller hasn't shown evidence. My bad then. You have watching the wrong team.

All I'm saying Miami didn't have anything last year after the big three. Their bench was ZERO. Now they have Battier, a healthy Miller, and a healthy Haslem. I love how do assume some player will not perform for sure when he's healthy and others will.

b@llhog24
05-05-2012, 11:18 PM
[QUOTE]

Miami didn't have any bench last year. Add healthy Haslem, Miller, Battier on that list. And it's not even close. This year's Miami would beat last year's Miami in 5 games.

Aren't you a big stats guy?

naps
05-05-2012, 11:18 PM
OK So your willing to admit if hes healthy its a much different story, and you keep saying that they could shut him down but this is a much better Chicago team, you cant play Rose the same way they did last year. Boozer is healthy, Rip atleast occupies defenders so you cant sag off him the way they did Bogans. And even if they did I dont think Rose would struggle to the same degree, I mean they shut down Wade last year, would you expect him to struggle the same way?

I am not admitting anything. With a healthy Rose Bulls are a better team. Whether anyone admits or not. We have seeing what Boozer's game has been like. Rip Hamilton is a good addition no doubt. But then Miami has one more brilliant defender in Battier who they didn't have last year. Miami has enough to slow down a healthy Rose, if not shutting him down. He would see a lot of LeBron and Battier on him. Last year it was basically LeBron and a bit of Wade.

Again Chicago had superior regular season marks to Miami despite not having Rose at full strength all year. I wouldnt be as confident as you are, then again Im not looking through the lens of a Heat fan. You can be as confident as you want in your team but Im not hearing an objective argument. The series wouldve been a war.

Look, nowhere did I say it wouldn't have been a tough series with both teams healthy. And nowhere did I say Bulls haven't improved as a team. My point is Miami has improved just as much as a team, they have better dept than last year, big three had 70+ more games a better the chemistry. I don't know how people are so sure of Bulls beating the Heat when everything indicates both team improved and Miami has been in better shape health-wise.

kozelkid
05-05-2012, 11:20 PM
I disagree but even if, are you assuming he would be healthy for the Heat who was not healthy all year long except for first 8 weeks? All of a sudden he gets healthy and beats Miami?

It wouldn't be sudden.

He was recovering from his injuries. I don't think it's a stretch to think that he'd get healthy within a month and a half. Moreover, in some way, he'd be more rested than anyone else.

Miami big three has 70+ more games together. A have seen the big three last year and I have seen them this year. Much better team game out there now.

Without a doubt. However, I also think Noah and Boozer had more improvement left in them as far as team chemistry goes given that they didn't have 70 games last season together.

The only difference is Battier?
Again, I have no idea how you are so certain of Haslem will not play his usual game when the guy is healthy but Rose would play at his finest to beat Miami.
Mike Miller hasn't shown evidence. My bad then. You have watching the wrong team.

Because Haslem is getting older and his shot has been as bad as ever. Look at his %'s.

Miller has played slightly better than last season. But do you really expect a lot of things from a player with a PER barely over 11? And yes, those stats do matter because Miller fits the mold of a role player who shouldn't have a PER THAT low opposed to say Battier whose PER is far less telling of his ability.

All I'm saying Miami didn't have anything last year after the big three. Their bench was ZERO. Now they have Battier, a healthy Miller, and a healthy Haslem. I love how do assume some player will not perform for sure when he's healthy and others will.

I'm not assuming anything. All I'm saying is that Miami has one of the worst players from 4-12. This has been a complaint as late as only a few weeks ago when Bulls beat them with a poor Rose. Everyone complained about the lack of production of Miami's bench and rightfully so. Because it appeared that the big 3 were carrying those bench players yet again.

naps
05-05-2012, 11:21 PM
Aren't you a big stats guy?

No, I am not. But I know my stats right when I mention them.

kozelkid
05-05-2012, 11:22 PM
I am not admitting anything. With a healthy Rose Bulls are a better team. Whether anyone admits or not. We have seeing what Boozer's game has been like. Rip Hamilton is a good addition no doubt. But then Miami has one more brilliant defender in Battier who they didn't have last year. Miami has enough to slow down a healthy Rose, if not shutting him down. He would see a lot of LeBron and Battier on him. Last year it was basically LeBron and a bit of Wade.

Look, nowhere did I say it wouldn't have been a tough series with both teams healthy. And nowhere did I say Bulls haven't improved as a team. My point is Miami has improved just as much as a team, they have better dept than last year, big three had 70+ more games a better the chemistry. I don't know how people are so sure of Bulls beating the Heat when everything indicates both team improved and Miami has been in better shape health-wise.

I have just one question. What lineup would you consider Miami's best lineup that they'd trot out.

I only ask this cause many talk about the versatility that Battier brings, but I'm not convinced he would have played in such key junctures (rather similar lineup as last season, Lebron-Wade-Miller-Haslem-Bosh).

JordansBulls
05-05-2012, 11:36 PM
I'm not much of a Lebron supporter, but if you are going to count a title as an asterick then what about a guy who won a title facing these teams

Nuggets: 37-45
Warriors: 42-40
Sonics: 39-43

Those were the opponents in the Western Conference that season.

naps
05-05-2012, 11:44 PM
It wouldn't be sudden.

He was recovering from his injuries. I don't think it's a stretch to think that he'd get healthy within a month and a half. Moreover, in some way, he'd be more rested than anyone else.

Again, all assumption. And it's not like a healthy Rose would destroy Miami. Miami can handle Rose better than probably any other team.

Without a doubt. However, I also think Noah and Boozer had more improvement left in them as far as team chemistry goes given that they didn't have 70 games last season together.

Again, both team improved as far as the chemistry goes.

Because Haslem is getting older and his shot has been as bad as ever. Look at his %'s.

Haslem is getting older? So what? The guys 30 or 31. What kind of an excuse is that? Just because a player gets older doesn't mean he can't play better than the year before. The fact is Haslem didn't even play all season last season and only cameback during the ECF. And the guy is healthy now. No Haslem last year and a healthy Haslem this year. Big difference. He's not a stat guy so unless you understand a player can influence a game in so many ways without padding up the box-score and unless you watch him play you wouldn't recognize his importance to the team.

And I love how you keep mentioning his %. When was Miami dependent on his scoring? His game is all about rebounding, hustle, and leadership. He's been doing all those things right where he wasn't healthy at all last year. He starting now and he doesn't need to score at all. If he score 2 points that's a bonus. He's doing his role perfectly.

Miller has played slightly better than last season. But do you really expect a lot of things from a player with a PER barely over 11? And yes, those stats do matter because Miller fits the mold of a role player who shouldn't have a PER THAT low opposed to say Battier whose PER is far less telling of his ability.

Miller wasn't even healthy last year. This year he has been significantly better than last year. He's plays a big role on this team when healthy and he's been healthy this year. I don't really care what his PER is because I am seeing what Miami didn't have last year and what they have this year. A healthy Miller, a healthy Haslem, and a Battier. Look you can downplay and underrate Maimi's role players all you want but it's not gonna change the fact that they didn't have these three guys last year, no matter how good they are, they certainly do make the team better.

I'm not assuming anything. All I'm saying is that Miami has one of the worst players from 4-12. This has been a complaint as late as only a few weeks ago when Bulls beat them with a poor Rose. Everyone complained about the lack of production of Miami's bench and rightfully so. Because it appeared that the big 3 were carrying those bench players yet again.

Ofcourse, Miami's 4-12 without big three means nothing. I am not saying their supporting cast is great and all that. My point is they are a much more balanced team this year than last year. A Heat vs Bulls series would be a tough one and a fun one if everyone was healthy. Miami would be favored by most but it could go either way but then again that can be said about any series.

Any team wins it this year will earn it. Being healthy is part of the game and season. If you worked hard to say healthy and others didn't, you shouldn't be penalized. This asterisk BS is just ridiculous.

naps
05-05-2012, 11:50 PM
I have just one question. What lineup would you consider Miami's best lineup that they'd trot out.

I only ask this cause many talk about the versatility that Battier brings, but I'm not convinced he would have played in such key junctures (rather similar lineup as last season, Lebron-Wade-Miller-Haslem-Bosh).

WoW! You are seriously underrating Battier. He's still one of the best perimeter defender on the planet. His three pointers don't hurt either. Battier is so much important to the Heat. Let's take a look: Let's say Miami is facing Melo or Durant or Kobe or Rose or any other perimeter superstar. Before it was LeBron would play significant minutes of defense on them with help from Wade. Now, you have Battier who can play 25 mins a game and spend quality time on those guys and save LeBron's energy for offense and crunch time defense. Kozel, it makes a big difference. Idk, how you don't see it.

NYtilIdie
05-05-2012, 11:52 PM
Two key players get hurt and its "oh, they never had a chance anyway" :laugh2:

LakersIn5
05-06-2012, 12:55 AM
even with rose and dwight the heat will still win the east. the heat spanked the bulls last year i dont see why that wont happen again especially the heat adding depth and being a year together already.

oh yeah i forgot the bulls got their savior in rip hamilton.

Hawkeye15
05-06-2012, 01:03 AM
sooooo, we make a thread because Bron is 100% right?

If you put an * on any title, you are reaching.

Patman
05-06-2012, 01:39 AM
Truth be told guys, I think the only reason why Phil said this was because he probably felt that whole "COULDN'T DO IT AGAINST ME!!!"

Phil left the Bulls and took a 1 yr sabbatical during that '98-99 season. What if Phil stayed with the Bulls for '99 (and MJ, Scottie and crew) decided to say or what if Phil went to join Kobe and Shaq in LA a year earlier.

Would those Spurs have won the title if they faced Phil's Bulls in the finals or Phil's Lakers in the WCF?

I think that's where Phil's comment lies. And truth be told, I don't blame him. The guy basically coached 6 yrs (in a 7 yr span) and won all those 6 times.

Phil Jackson = A bonified G!

Haha yeah but would Phil have won in 2000 where it not for Duncans injury, that goes both ways. Honestly I don't think I ever heard a non BS answer from Phil to the media, you can't take anything he says serious.....

TheWhiteMamba
05-06-2012, 01:59 AM

And the Lakers in the early 2000's

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-06-2012, 02:00 AM
And the Lakers in the early 2000's

Is that you Scot Pollard?