PDA

View Full Version : 2012 NBA ReDraft 2nd Round - #3) Washington Wizards vs. #7) Cleveland Cavaliers

KnicksorBust
05-05-2012, 12:22 PM
Welcome to the 2012 NBA ReDraft voting process. The redraft is exactly how it sounds. The rosters of every NBA team are cleared and then drafted again from scratch. Posters from the site draft full rosters under a salary cap and then there is a voting process to make the playoffs. We are now in the playoffs and the head to head matchups have begun. Please remember to vote for the roster and write-up you believe would win a 7 game series and leave any of your personal preference for the real teams out of your decision. Thank you and enjoy the playoffs!

Cavaliers:
PG: Jason Kidd|| C.J Watson
SG: Marcus Thornton | | Gerald Green || Francisco Garcia
SF: Matt Barnes || Chase Budinger || Gerald Green
PF: Kevin Love || Kenneth Faried || Earl Clark
C: Joakim Noah || Kevin Love || Kwame Brown

Wizards:
PG: Jose Calderon - Daniel Gibson - Gilbert Arenas
SG: Avery Bradley - Leandro Barbosa - Gilbert Arenas
SF: Wilson Chandler - Dominic McGuire - Avery Bradley
PF: Kevin Garnett - Jason Smith - Ivan Johnson
C: Andrew Bynum - Timofey Mosgov - Kevin Garnett

Wizards write up:
First off, I would like to congratulate Jamal on creating a solid team. He built pretty well around Kevin Love and did a good job. But, his playoff journey will end here due to my dominant bigs, my amazing defense, and my quality PG play.

PG: Jose Calderon vs Jason Kidd: Just looking at the names in this matchup doesn’t do it justice. Calderon has been better this year in almost every statistical category. Kidd’s age has really been showing this year, and he will not be able to stick with Calderon throughout this entire series. Calderon will be able to focus almost entirely on offense as well, with him only needing to shadow Kidd near the 3pt line on the defensive end. Caldy’s elite passing ability and 3pt shot is quite an asset on my offense, and will be quite the difference maker in this series.

Advantage: Wizards

SG: Avery Bradley vs Marcus Thornton: An elite defensive player versus a good offensive player, something has to give in this matchup. Bradley will stick Thornton the entire series. Bradley’s elite perimeter defense on their best offensive wing is perfect for me, because Bradley never quits on the defensive end and will stay stride-for-stride with Thornton throughout the series. Bradley has a decent offensive game, but this matchup is extremely even, with each player’s strong-suits being eliminated by the other player. This matchup will not decide this series.

Advantage: Even

SF: Wilson Chandler vs Matt Barnes: This matchup involves 2 fairly similar players. However, at this point in their respective careers, one is a decent starter while the other should be a bench player (and is one in real life, currently behind Devin Ebanks). Chandler, even though he has had a rough time coming back from China, is superior to Barnes in practically every aspect of the game. This matchup doesn’t involve any marquee players, but it is clear that I have the advantage in this matchup, even if that was solely based on the fact that Barnes is nothing more than a backup at this point.

PF: Kevin Garnett vs Kevin Love: Kevin Love is a better player at this point in these 2 player’s careers. There is no arguing there. But, Garnett is known as the best defensive PF in the league. He will limit Love’s effectiveness in this series. Love will accomplish nothing in the post with Bynum also on help defense, so he will have to do all of his work on the perimeter. KG’s quickness and length will limit Love in that area. A key in this matchup is playoff experience as well. KG knows what it takes to win playoff games and championships, while Love has never even been to a playoff game. This will be a factor as far as the psyche of this matchup.

Advantage: Cavs

C: Andrew Bynum vs Joakim Noah: This matchup right here is the reason that I will win this series. Bynum is slowly but surely becoming the best center in the entire game of basketball. His offensive game is at an elite level when fed the ball, and with him being our #1 option, he will be fed the ball plenty of times by Caldy in this series. Bynum’s huge frame will not be contained by Noah while Bynum is on offense. As for the other side of the ball, Noah really has no offensive game. Couple that with Bynum’s great defense, and I see Noah making hardly any impact on this series. This will also allow Bynum to help a lot on defense whether it is a guy like Thornton or Love making their way to the paint area. The elite defense by both of my bigs (as well as Bradley) is what gives me the clear advantage, and will be the main reason that I win this series.

The Cavaliers did not send in a write-up.

KnicksorBust
05-05-2012, 12:25 PM
Wizards have just the type of combo to slow down Love/Thornton with Bradley/KG and Noah's post defense is ranked 201 in the NBA in PPP. Bynum's finally putting it all together. With Calderon feeding the post and KG with high lows, this team is legit. I got the Wiz here.

unleashthebeast
05-05-2012, 12:47 PM
Let's get this party started :dance:

EDIT: wow, surprised that jamal didn't send a write-up

Green_Monster
05-05-2012, 01:03 PM
Wow, battle of the bigs. Anyway, I went Wizards in 7. I think Calderon-Bradley-Chandler is better than Kidd-Thorton-Barnes.

The_Jamal
05-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Ha, chose to go out last night rather than do a write-up. I'll defend my team here though:

1. Bynum is not a #1 option yet. He has yet to prove he can carry a team by himself and he has literally 0 offensive help from the perimeter.
2. Kidd will more than be able to contain Calderon in this series. He's still an excellent defensive PG and Calderon isn't exactly Mr. Athlete. We have the favorable PG match-up.
3. Chandler has been flat out awful since his return from China. He's shooting sub 40% and 25% from 3 and been a poor defender. Barnes will be more than able to stop him and provide spacing on the offensive end
4. Love, Noah and Faried will make the difference in this series. Our bigs will dominate the boards and we have an assortment of defenders we can throw at Bynum and KG.
5. Our depth will make a serious difference. We can realistically expect anywhere from 28-35 points a game from our bench with Watson, Green, Chase Bud, and Faried. The Wizards cannot hope to match that depth.

That said, best of luck to UTB and Raps!

The_Jamal
05-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Vote!

unleashthebeast
05-05-2012, 04:09 PM
Response to above

1. Bynum at this point has proven just as much of being a #1 option in the playoffs as Love has: none. That argument can not be won one way or the other, neither of us have proven #1 playoff options.

2. Kidd has slowed down so much this year. His offensive numbers have been dreadful, allowing Calderon to focus solely on the offensive side of the ball. I firmly believe that I have the better PG in this series.

3. I said Chandler has been bad. But he at least is a starting caliber player. Barnes can't even get a starting nod over Devin Ebanks.

4. Thinking that your bigs will dominate the boards is just silly. Bynum-KG-Smith-Ivan-Mosgov are all capable bigs that will not allow any domination of the rebounds to slide into your favor. Love having no room in the post will also force 1 on 1 rebound matchups between Noah/Faried and Bynum. I will take Bynum 10 times out of 10 in that scenario.

5. I think it can be argued that I have better depth than you. Leandro Barbosa is a great 6th man, Arenas and Boobie are good scorers. Jason Smith has been a very good starter for the Hornets this year, and Ivan/Mosgov can provide solid minutes. If anything, I think that I can expect more production from my bench than you can from yours.

Good luck to you too jamal :nod:

VCaintdead17
05-05-2012, 04:19 PM
Lol at Chandler being a starting caliber player.

The dudes rocking a -0.021 WS/48 with an Ortg of 88. LOL. Chandler is also crap defensively. Ugly synergy numbers, not to mention his +/- is one of the leagues worst.

Barnes is superior to him in every way this season.

Chacarron
05-05-2012, 04:25 PM
Hey UTB, Matt Barnes doesn't start because Mike Brown likes his energy off the bench.

Joshtd1
05-05-2012, 07:26 PM
I would have sent one in if I woulda known TJ wasn't going to do one..:cry:

Get back to me sooner next time my man!

Joshtd1
05-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Oops I accidently just voted for the Cavs, meant to click the GM vote. Not sure if I can remove myself or KOB can, otherwise its going to have to be whatever our total is minus 1.

Catfish1314
05-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Oops I accidently just voted for the Cavs, meant to click the GM vote. Not sure if I can remove myself or KOB can, otherwise its going to have to be whatever our total is minus 1.

You did it on purpose and you know it.

unleashthebeast
05-05-2012, 11:44 PM
You did it on purpose and you know it.

:nod:

Seriously though, the cavs should be DQd for this :nod:

Anyways, keep voting everyone

The_Jamal
05-06-2012, 03:21 AM
Alas, I lose once again to UTB in the 2nd round. Cheers mate!

unleashthebeast
05-06-2012, 02:32 PM
I dont remember facing you in the playoffs before, when was that? Regardless, thanks man. Good job getting to this point.

DR_1
05-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Cavs, I like their rotation of bigs. I think it can overcome struggles they will have on the perimeter.

The_Jamal
05-06-2012, 11:31 PM
I dont remember facing you in the playoffs before, when was that? Regardless, thanks man. Good job getting to this point.

Last year in the redraft when you had Deron-Allen-Batum-Bargs-Okafor team.