PDA

View Full Version : 2012 NBA ReDraft 2nd Round - #1) New York Knicks vs. #4) Atlanta Hawks

KnicksorBust
05-05-2012, 12:10 PM
Welcome to the 2012 NBA ReDraft voting process. The redraft is exactly how it sounds. The rosters of every NBA team are cleared and then drafted again from scratch. Posters from the site draft full rosters under a salary cap and then there is a voting process to make the playoffs. We are now in the playoffs and the head to head matchups have begun. Please remember to vote for the roster and write-up you believe would win a 7 game series and leave any of your personal preference for the real teams out of your decision. Thank you and enjoy the playoffs!

Hawks:
pg: Darren Collison/Nate Robinson
sg: JJ Redick/Gerald Henderson/Damien Wilkins
sf: Lebron James/Tracy McGrady/Cartier Martin
pf: Ryan Anderson/Amir Johnson
c: DeAndre Jordan/Desagna Diop

Knicks:
PG - Mario Chalmers (32)/Delonte West(16)
SG - Courtney Lee(32)/Delonte West(16)/Xavier Henry /Kelenna Azubuike
SF - Paul Pierce(38)/James Johnson(10)
PF - Dirk Nowitzki(38)/Josh McRoberts(10)
C - Brendan Haywood(26)/Kosta Koufos(18)/Jeremy Tyler(4)

First and foremost, congratulations to Mane and ugafan for building a good team that was voted into the second round of the NBA Re-Draft Playoffs.

Unfortunately though, this is where your playoff run ends. The New York Knicks have been built around the dynamic duo of Paul Pierce and Dirk Nowitzki. With these two superstar players, we have two former NBA Finals MVP, two legitimate #1 options, two unselfish players, and two players who know how and what exactly needs to be done in crunch time to bring this team to victory. To complement this duo, we built a team that would bring out the strengths of each individual part, but also with the mind to make any five-player unit on the floor be an effective unit, to possess great CHEMISTRY, and a combination of both young and veteran talent that is capable of leading us back to the promised land. With an absolute ideal supporting cast around our two superstars, these will be the keys in us advancing to the next round of the post-season:

PG Matchup: Mario Chalmers and Delonte West vs. Darren Collison and Nate Robinson

One of these starters has had a fantastic playoffs thus far and the other has been extremely underwhelming. Collison is averaging 4.7 PPG and has been benched in favor of George Hill. Meanwhile, Chalmers has been averaging 14.3 Points Per Game against a good defensive Knicks team. Chalmers is shooting 58% from the field and 50% from three. This is not an aberration, as he shot 39% from 3 and had a 58% TS%. His playoff TS% is an absurd 72%. Chalmers is also renowned as a very good defender, and this is evident by his synergy numbers. Collison loves to run the pick and roll, and Chalmers is actually one of the best defending the pick and roll ball handler, allowing only .71 PPP. On the other hand, Collison is ranked as the 253rd overall defender via synergy and is terrible at defending the spot-up, ranked 203rd in the league, which means that Chalmers will have many open shooting opportunites which is where he thrives. As for West coming off the bench, he brings toughness, scoring and defense to this squad. Heís shown that he can be a very productive player given minutes as evidenced by the fact that he is starting on the defending champs and putting up good numbers. Nate Robinson, though putting up numbers on a terrible team, had trouble even making a roster this year and failed in his experiment with the Celtics, showing that heís not really a championship piece. The Knicks have the advantage at PG here.

SG Matchup: Courtney Lee and Delonte West vs. JJ Redick and Gerald Henderson

Courtney Lee has developed as a defender and he is also having a great year shooting the ball and as a starter has been putting up 15 PPG on 44% shooting (40% from 3). He is still one of the most underrated players in the game, as he brings a great deal to the table on both ends of the floor. Redick is having a good year offensively, but is still undersized and a poor defender. Lee will have his way in this matchup as he can drive, slash and shoot, and JJ Redick is an extremely poor defender. He is rated as the 302nd best defender in the league. The better two way player in Courtney Lee has the advantage in this matchup. As for the reserves, Delonte can guard ones and twos and can drive well. Heís also scoring efficiently with a 54% TS% and is actually ranked as the 28th best isolation player in the game. Henderson has had a very good year but is on a bad team, and isnít a very good defender.

SF Matchup: Paul Pierce and James Johnson vs. LeBron James and Tracy McGrady

This matchup is closer than it looks. Obviously LeBron James has the advantage here, but Pierce has fared well when they have faced off against one another. Pierce has had the following statlines this year versus LeBron James: 23 points on 8/17 shooting, 2/4 from 3, 5/5 from the line, 7 Rbs, 2 Stls; and 27 ponts on 8/16 shooting, 3/5 from 3, 8/10 from the FT line, and 7 Rbs. In both of these games, Paul Pierceís squad has come out on top. These stats arenít an aberration either, as Pierce is averaging 22.5 points and 6.5 rbs on efficient scoring against LeBron in their career head to head matchups. Also, on this team, LeBron doesnít have a Wade or Bosh to defer to. Ryan Anderson is having a great year but cannot create on his own. LeBron will really have to carry the load, and if thereís somebody who is going to make him work hard on both ends, itís Paul Pierce. As for the reserves, at this point in there careers, TMac and Johnson are about equal. Johnson is a good energy player off the bench, and both TMac and Johnson will get less than 10 minutes of game time any ways.
PF Matchup: Dirk Nowitzki and Josh McRoberts vs. Ryan Anderson and Amir Johnson[/B]

This is where a huge advantage for the Knicks comes into play. You have the reigning Finals MVP going against the Most Improved Player. Dirk still has the touch, averaging 24 points a game thus far in the playoffs while grabbing 7 boards and with a TS% of 56%. Donít be fooled by the reason for the Mavs struggles in the playoffs: they lost the DPOY and are going up against a team that is just younger, faster and more energetic. This isnít the case here. Anderson doesnít have the experience or help downlow to contain Dirk in this series. Dirk can score in a number of different ways and is the hardest player in the league to guard. Meanwhile, Anderson is putting up a terrible playoffs thus far, averaging only 7.7 PTs and 5 Rbs on 47.5 TS%. McRoberts and Johnson are both capable backup bigs, and bring good energy and rebounding off the bench. But none of them will see big enough minutes to make a huge impact. Amir may have to step in if Ryan Anderson gets into foul trouble, in which case Dirk will have a field day due to Amirís small frame.

C Matchup: Brendan Haywood and Kosta Koufos vs. DeAndre Jordan and DeSagna Diop

This is a matchup of role players. DeAndre is the better player at this point in their careers, but Haywood just needs to provide defense and rebounding for this team, which he has proven to be able to do. He was the center for a top 10 defense and should have no problem manning the paint, as heís ranked as a good post defender via synergy. Jordan is also a good defender but he sometimes gets into foul trouble which means that Diop will have to step in. Make no mistake about it though, Diop sucks. He wonít give you anything. We can rotate Haywood and Koufos, who was the starter for the Nuggets for a portion of this year and had a good regular season on both offense and defense. This matchup will essentially be a draw as Koufos has an advantage of DeSagna and Jordan has and advantage over Haywood. We are fine if one gets into foul trouble, whereas the Hawks would be in trouble.

Finally, this Knicks team is too much for this LeBron led team to handle. LeBron is having a great year again and deservedly will win MVP, but he has little help on offense otherwise. Anderson is having a good year but is not a consistent scoring option. Collison has been benched in favor of George Hill, and Redick has his defensive deficiencies. The Knicks on the other hand have the reigning Finals MVP, an SF who has shown to be able to score on LeBron and lead his team to victory against them, and role players in Chalmers, Lee and West who can defend and score. Haywood fits his role as a defender and rebounder, and both teams have a good bench. LeBron will win a game or two for his team, but no more. The Knicks take this in 6 games.

The Atlanta Hawks did not send in a write-up.

Green_Monster
05-05-2012, 12:21 PM
I voted for the Knicks. Dirk would completely dominate Anderson, and Pierce could slow down James. Knicks in 6.

KnicksorBust
05-05-2012, 12:41 PM
These teams are built similarly. Collison for some reason is getting worse. I'm not buying into any advantages for the Hawks outside of LeBron and Pierce can at least to a better job to neutralize him than Ryan Anderson vs. Dirk.

Knicks fairly easily.

roshan3ai
05-05-2012, 01:30 PM
Bump

Sportfan
05-05-2012, 02:35 PM
i probably would have went hawks if they had a good writeup. anderson played fairly well against dirk in their only real meeting, both went 50% FG dirk with 28/3 and Anderson with 21/6. although with dirk's playoff performance last year he will manage to have his way offensively with anderson.

pierce/lebron is a great matchup. pierce on his best days will play better than lebron, but i still remember that game from last year when lebron owned his *** with a 22/7/7 game while Pierce shot 0-10 and finished with 1 point. Lebron has managed to light him up regardles offensively. averaging 30+ against Pierce (21 shots) to Pierce's 23 on 42%. pierce has performed better in the playoffs against lebron however

You would think Lee would be a perfect matchup against Redick, but Redick has shot the 3 extremely well against Lee. 57% from 3 against Lee in their 4 matchups, they both played at least half the game in all their meetings so it should be fairly reliable. chalmers and collison is w/e but i still like collison a tad more. same with C, deandre is better but he can't really take advantage of haywood.

Hawks have a viable case, but I still lean with the knicks

Chacarron
05-05-2012, 02:43 PM
I like the Knicks in this matchup. Paul Pierce can do a solid job defending Lebron, and Dirk will have his way against Ryan Anderson. The Knicks also have good role players in Chalmers and Lee to guard Collison, who is having a poor year and is coming off the bench recently, and JJ Redick.

Catfish1314
05-05-2012, 03:14 PM
The Knicks really have just as much floor spacing as the Hawks and they more than one player who can consistently create offensively.

New York has a better backcourt and the combination of Dirk's likelihood of rampaging in this series and homecourt advantage is the backbreaker for me.

Knicks in 6.

roshan3ai
05-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Buuuuuumparoooo

Eagles4Lyfe
05-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Ill give hawks some time for a write up cause it is the weekend so i can understand the lack of a write up.

roshan3ai
05-06-2012, 12:34 AM
Well I see the Hawks come back but not one person has given me a reason they'd win.

Sportfan
05-06-2012, 01:20 AM
oh ****! its getting good!

PatsSoxKnicks
05-06-2012, 02:19 AM
I have the Knicks. They matchup much better and as I pointed out in my write-up from the last round, the Hawks have no one who can create their own shot other than Lebron. And with Collison's recent play, that only makes the Hawks team look worse overall.

While I know Lebron is awesome, this Hawks team is worse than his Cleveland teams that used to run into the problem of not having enough help around Lebron.

Well I see the Hawks come back but not one person has given me a reason they'd win.

lol, that same thing happened to me in my matchup. And a lot of the same people seem to be voting for the Hawks as in my matchup. They definitely have a fanbase lol

I was actually very high on the Hawks earlier in the re-draft but their lack of a #2 has made me re-think that position.

KnicksorBust
05-06-2012, 09:24 AM
Are people watching the playoffs at all? Collison and Reddick are both bench players. DeAndre Jordan barely plays half the games and didn't even score in Game 3. Ryan Anderson is very streaky and underperforming. I like the Knicks supporting cast a lot more and they have two reliable stars.

The power of LeBron is at an all-time high. :laugh:

Catfish1314
05-06-2012, 11:36 AM

The difference a year makes.

roshan3ai
05-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Are people watching the playoffs at all? Collison and Reddick are both bench players. DeAndre Jordan barely plays half the games and didn't even score in Game 3. Ryan Anderson is very streaky and underperforming. I like the Knicks supporting cast a lot more and they have two reliable stars.

Ryan Anderson is *** without Dwight. He can't even get double digit points. Jordan, as you said, can't play 35 minutes a game and he's gonna have DESAGNA DIOP in the game. Redick and Collison aren't consistent contributors. The hell is going on?

KnicksorBust
05-06-2012, 12:34 PM
Ryan Anderson is *** without Dwight. He can't even get double digit points. Jordan, as you said, can't play 35 minutes a game and he's gonna have DESAGNA DIOP in the game. Redick and Collison aren't consistent contributors. The hell is going on?

Right but the Hawks have LeBron. That is their cover for that argument.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Surprised it's so close.

The Lebron effect is that good?

roshan3ai
05-06-2012, 12:52 PM

Ehh I guess so. I still think their lack of post game downlow will hurt them as well as not having another player who can create. LeBron will have to be playing 45 minutes.

KnicksorBust
05-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Ehh I guess so. I still think their lack of post game downlow will hurt them as well as not having another player who can create. LeBron will have to be playing 45 minutes.

You guess? :laugh: LeBron definately produces more open 3's for his teammates than Dwight. Although that'd be a great case study. How many of Anderson's open 3pt attempts came from a swing pass on a Dwight Howard double team? Either way Colllison/Nate/T-Mac can handle the 5-8 minutes LeBron sits. Their play-making is fine.

The real argument that you are making is their lack of a post game. DeAndre has taken an embarassingly low 27 post-up shots this season. Less than 1 attempt per game. He's only made 8 post-ups all season. It goes to show you his game truly is predicated all on CP3 and put backs.

roshan3ai
05-06-2012, 01:51 PM
You guess? :laugh: LeBron definately produces more open 3's for his teammates than Dwight. Although that'd be a great case study. How many of Anderson's open 3pt attempts came from a swing pass on a Dwight Howard double team? Either way Colllison/Nate/T-Mac can handle the 5-8 minutes LeBron sits. Their play-making is fine.

The real argument that you are making is their lack of a post game. DeAndre has taken an embarassingly low 27 post-up shots this season. Less than 1 attempt per game. He's only made 8 post-ups all season. It goes to show you his game truly is predicated all on CP3 and put backs.

Cleveland 2008-2009: 8.0-20.4 39.3%
Cleveland 2009-2010: 7.3-19.3 38.1%
Miami 2010-2011:6.7-18.0 37%
Miami 2011-2012: 5.6-15.6 35.9%

Orlando 2008-2009: 10-26.2 38.1%
Orlando 2009-2010: 10.3-27.3 37.5%
Orlando 2010-2011: 9.4-25.6 36.6%
Orlando 2011-2012: 10.2-27.0 37.5%

So their respective teams shoot a similar percentage from three and Orlando takes more threes. In 2009-2010 LeBron was given Antawn Jamison to play with, who isn’t as good of a three point shooter as Anderson mind you, but still one of the better stretch 4’s in the game. They still shot only 19.1 3’s per game. He had Mo Williams, Daniel Gibson, Delonte West, Wally Sczerbiak, Sasha Pavlovic, etc as three point shooters on his team in Cleveland and has Battier, Chalmers, Jones, Bibby, House, Miller, etc on the Heat.

Given, that Orlando’s game is predicated on their ability to hit the outside shot, it’s not that laughable to think that Dwight creates those open opportunities for Orlando just with his presence. LeBron definitely puts his teammates in great shape. But just the presence of Dwight opens up the perimeter for Dwight’s teams which is why his teams shoot 25+ 3’s per game per year and around 37% from there. LeBron’s teams shoot a good percentage as well, but they don’t have as many attempts. I understand in Miami that Wade and Bosh aren’t really 3-point shooters, but in Cleveland LeBron was playing with floor spacers. And his team shot a higher percentage but still didn’t have as many attempts as Orlando’s teams.

It’s a good argument, and LeBron is obviously the better distributor. But my argument is that Dwight’s presence alone creates room for open 3’s.

Sportfan
05-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Ryan Anderson can play without dwight. He's struggling in this series, but he went 16/9 on 43% with a ****** supporting cast in April.

KnicksorBust
05-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Cleveland 2008-2009: 8.0-20.4 39.3%
Cleveland 2009-2010: 7.3-19.3 38.1%
Miami 2010-2011:6.7-18.0 37%
Miami 2011-2012: 5.6-15.6 35.9%

Orlando 2008-2009: 10-26.2 38.1%
Orlando 2009-2010: 10.3-27.3 37.5%
Orlando 2010-2011: 9.4-25.6 36.6%
Orlando 2011-2012: 10.2-27.0 37.5%

So their respective teams shoot a similar percentage from three and Orlando takes more threes. In 2009-2010 LeBron was given Antawn Jamison to play with, who isnít as good of a three point shooter as Anderson mind you, but still one of the better stretch 4ís in the game. They still shot only 19.1 3ís per game. He had Mo Williams, Daniel Gibson, Delonte West, Wally Sczerbiak, Sasha Pavlovic, etc as three point shooters on his team in Cleveland and has Battier, Chalmers, Jones, Bibby, House, Miller, etc on the Heat.

Given, that Orlandoís game is predicated on their ability to hit the outside shot, itís not that laughable to think that Dwight creates those open opportunities for Orlando just with his presence. LeBron definitely puts his teammates in great shape. But just the presence of Dwight opens up the perimeter for Dwightís teams which is why his teams shoot 25+ 3ís per game per year and around 37% from there. LeBronís teams shoot a good percentage as well, but they donít have as many attempts. I understand in Miami that Wade and Bosh arenít really 3-point shooters, but in Cleveland LeBron was playing with floor spacers. And his team shot a higher percentage but still didnít have as many attempts as Orlandoís teams.

Itís a good argument, and LeBron is obviously the better distributor. But my argument is that Dwightís presence alone creates room for open 3ís.

You are mis-reading my post. I'm laughing at your "I guess..." acquiescense that LeBron would be as valuable as Dwight. That shouldn't be a debate. We can go back and forth for days on who directly produces more open 3's but the fact is they are both do a phenomenal job for their teammates. He has someone that can get Anderson the same looks as Dwight. I don't buy Anderson as a legit #2 but I do think he'd be just as successful on this team as he was with the Magic.

roshan3ai
05-06-2012, 02:58 PM
You are mis-reading my post. I'm laughing at your "I guess..." acquiescense that LeBron would be as valuable as Dwight. That shouldn't be a debate. We can go back and forth for days on who directly produces more open 3's but the fact is they are both do a phenomenal job for their teammates. He has someone that can get Anderson the same looks as Dwight. I don't buy Anderson as a legit #2 but I do think he'd be just as successful on this team as he was with the Magic.
In that case you're right.

PocketKings
05-06-2012, 03:10 PM
Playanpimp32 has less than 100 posts so the count is 21-17 Knicks

Corey
05-06-2012, 03:49 PM
The fact that the Hawks get the best player in the NBA and cant even put in the time to make a writeup is ****ing pitiful.

Dont sign up to do forum games if you aren't even going to put in the effort.

Mane
05-06-2012, 04:06 PM
my bad guys my friends just came home from school so i didnt want to spend all my time on a forum. relax.

Mane
05-06-2012, 04:06 PM

Why are you doing this?

Baller1
05-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Lebron leads the Hawks to another series win.

yaswaggin
05-06-2012, 04:31 PM
i voted for the knicks because roshan does make a good argument and the hawks gm is too lazy to make a writeup

i know its finals week and crap, but it takes no more then 30 minutes to make a decent writeup

roshan3ai
05-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Why are you doing this?

He was arguing in favor of you haha.

Mane
05-06-2012, 05:06 PM
hahahaha yeah i know. thats why i asked.

Scheck
05-06-2012, 05:09 PM
ye

mightybosstone
05-06-2012, 05:15 PM
How is this possibly close right now? The Knicks are the superior team, the Hawks have no writeup and not one single person has made a decent argument for the Hawks to win. And nearly every re-draft GM who has voted sided with the Knicks. This makes absolutely no sense and SOMEONE who voted for the Hawks should grow a pair and state their reasoning...

DR_1
05-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Hawks, they have quality players at every position. Chalmers, Lee, and Haywood are not what I'd call impressive starters. Plus Dirk and Pierce can only play so many minutes because of age.

Catfish1314
05-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Hawks, they have quality players at every position. Chalmers, Lee, and Haywood are not what I'd call impressive starters. Plus Dirk and Pierce can only play so many minutes because of age.

DeAndre Jordan, J.J. Redick, and Darren Collison are impressive starters.

Fa sho.

mightybosstone
05-06-2012, 05:30 PM

Are you ****ing kidding me? I'd rather have Chalmers, Lee and Haywood over Collison, Reddick and Jordan and I wouldn't have to think twice about it. And Haywood might not be ideal, but at least he has Koufus to back him up. Can you imagine Diop trying to play 20 minutes a game? That's a recipe for disaster...

ugafan
DeAndre Jordan, J.J. Redick, and Darren Collison are impressive starters.

Fa sho.
They work well with LeBron. LeBron drives and can dump it off to Jordan if he wants or pass it out to Redick or Anderson to shoot the 3. Collison can handle the ball too taking pressure off of Bron. Jordan isn't a great post player but given who he's matched up against, he doesn't need to be. He'll get his share of easy baskets and lobs. I think the team works really well.

roshan3ai
:laugh2: I'm sure Jordan, Redick and Collison are better. Colllison got benched for George Hill. Redick isn't a starter. And all DeAndre Jordan brings on offense is athleticism. What a ****ing joke

Catfish1314
05-06-2012, 05:32 PM
They work well with LeBron. LeBron drives and can dump it off to Jordan if he wants or pass it out to Redick or Anderson to shoot the 3. Collison can handle the ball too taking pressure off of Bron. Jordan isn't a great post player but given who he's matched up against, he doesn't need to be. He'll get his share of easy baskets and lobs. I think the team works really well.

They absolutely work well. I'm not arguing that. I was arguing his severely flawed rationale for choosing the Hawks over the Knicks. It's fine if he thinks your team is better, but the reason he gave was silly considering Lee, Chalmers, and Haywood are (at worst) just as good starting as your supporting cast.

mightybosstone
05-06-2012, 05:33 PM
This is a ****ing joke. This vote clearly proves the idiocy of the average PSD basketball fan...

ugafan
05-06-2012, 05:41 PM
They absolutely work well. I'm not arguing that. I was arguing his severely flawed rationale for choosing the Hawks over the Knicks. It's fine if he thinks your team is better, but the reason he gave was silly considering Lee, Chalmers, and Haywood are (at worst) just as good starting as your supporting cast.

Our bench is considerably better though. Gerald Henderson starts and averages 15 PPG. Redick doesn't have to play heavy minutes. We have Nate Robinson and T-Mac too so it's not like Collison and Redick are gonna be playing the whole game.

Sportfan
05-06-2012, 05:45 PM
the bench is an interesting matchup. neither particularly strong but I assume will get decent minutes since their are borderline starters on both teams. Knicks have better backup C/SF, Hawks are better at SG/PF. diop and X/azu are both scrubs. forwards shouldn't matter too much though since the best 4 players in the series play those positons. the nate/delonte matchup is intriguing, can't tell who i like more. although id probably lean with nate's quick scoring punch going with a ball handler like lebron could be lethal. tight.

roshan3ai
05-06-2012, 05:51 PM
:sigh: Not looking good

ugafan
05-06-2012, 06:13 PM
Even if we do end up winning, the amount of butthurt posters in here who are taking this too seriously are probably going to vote against us no matter what so it's whatever at this point.

Sportfan
05-06-2012, 06:37 PM
Even if we do end up winning, the amount of butthurt posters in here who are taking this too seriously are probably going to vote against us no matter what so it's whatever at this point.
this "omgz u guyz take dis so srsly" argument is so stupid. if you don't have interest, don't sign up.

ugafan
05-06-2012, 06:42 PM
this "omgz u guyz take dis so srsly" argument is so stupid. if you don't have interest, don't sign up.

You PMd people to vote for you so yes, you are taking this too seriously. Sorry to say.

Yankeefan213
05-06-2012, 06:57 PM
Hawks. LeBron will carry them.

mightybosstone
05-06-2012, 07:09 PM

Dude, your team isn't that good, and you didn't even bother to do a writeup. All you've done at this point was get the No. 1 overall pick and continue to make your picks on time. You don't deserve to go to the next round compared to PK and Rosh, who've built a superior team, did multiple trades and actually bothered to give a **** and make a writeup.

And your apathetic argument is just annoying. If you don't take it seriously enough to bother with a writeup, then just don't do re-drafts at all.

Mane
05-06-2012, 07:13 PM
u guys mad?

Mane
05-06-2012, 07:15 PM
Dude, your team isn't that good, and you didn't even bother to do a writeup. All you've done at this point was get the No. 1 overall pick and continue to make your picks on time. You don't deserve to go to the next round compared to PK and Rosh, who've built a superior team, did multiple trades and actually bothered to give a **** and make a writeup.

And your apathetic argument is just annoying. If you don't take it seriously enough to bother with a writeup, then just don't do re-drafts at all.

people are voting for the team we picked with our given picks and we didn't do a write-up. so obviously we did something right. the rules of the re-draft are whoever gets the most votes wins the matchup. so yes, we do deserve to make the next round if we get more votes. if you don't like the way we build our team, how about YOU don't do anymore re-drafts.

and it's not that "we didn't bother to do a writeup". uga has finals. i have work everyday and my friends are getting home from school. we have a lot currently going on and didn't have the time to do it. we apologize.

PocketKings
05-06-2012, 07:45 PM
Whaaaat? I go to Vegas for the weekend and witness this calamity.

Wow.

I'll hold my tongue until I get home and on my laptop.

Bump.

Sportfan
05-06-2012, 08:04 PM
You PMd people to vote for you so yes, you are taking this too seriously. Sorry to say.
My b, I'll go complain in the music forum instead

roshan3ai
05-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Down 3 now? K.

EDIT: 2. The Hawks have 2 votes from posters with under 100 votes.

VCaintdead17
05-06-2012, 08:16 PM
u guys mad?

:laugh:

Rivera
05-06-2012, 08:20 PM
u guys mad?

basically this

roshan3ai
05-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Vote. And someone give me a reason. Please

KnicksorBust
05-06-2012, 08:58 PM
:laugh: I feel like I'm watching bank robbers walk out with alarms blasting and no one can stop them.

roshan3ai
05-06-2012, 09:03 PM
:laugh: I feel like I'm watching bank robbers walk out with alarms blasting and no one can stop them.
:laugh2: This is too true.

NYtilIdie
05-06-2012, 09:46 PM
u guys mad?

This sums up PSD. Hawks win lets wrap this s**t up.

roshan3ai
05-06-2012, 09:52 PM
This sums up PSD. Hawks win lets wrap this s**t up.
Great reasoning, thank you

Catfish1314
05-06-2012, 09:55 PM
"Let's?"

I think that sums up the general complaint other GMs have against the way voting has gone for Atlanta the last two rounds.

Chacarron
05-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Can somebody explain why they think Atlanta would win?

roshan3ai
05-06-2012, 10:04 PM
"Let's?"

I think that sums up the general complaint other GMs have against the way voting has gone for Atlanta the last two rounds.
Precisely. If I was given an argument that I could counter and went down with a fight I wouldn't be this irritated.

Can somebody explain why they think Atlanta would win?

Nope.

roshan3ai
05-06-2012, 10:08 PM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showpost.php?p=22086658&postcount=196

Some icing on the cake

NYtilIdie
05-06-2012, 10:13 PM
The Music OTT doesn't have 33 members, which means majority of those are NBA forum fans. Sorry, go cry your river somewhere else.

roshan3ai
05-06-2012, 10:15 PM
The Music OTT doesn't have 33 members, which means majority of those are NBA forum fans. Sorry, go cry your river somewhere else.

Even if the Hawks got 2 or 3 votes from that it's unfair. Would it be fair to go post this in the Knicks forum?

Either way it's not ugafan's or Mane's fault. You can't vouch for votes but they didn't do it so whatever.

Eagles4Lyfe
05-06-2012, 10:15 PM
:laugh2: :laugh2:

kjoke
05-06-2012, 10:17 PM
Well I post in the Music OTT, and I'm voting for the Hawks. You know why? Because I ****ing can, and hope they make it to the next round.

They also have Lebron James, which is good enough for any argument (SEE 06-10 CAVS)

29$JerZ
05-06-2012, 10:21 PM
Hawks:
pg: Darren Collison/Nate Robinson
sg: JJ Redick/Gerald Henderson/Damien Wilkins
sf: Lebron James/Tracy McGrady/Cartier Martin
pf: Ryan Anderson/Amir Johnson
c: DeAndre Jordan/Desagna Diop

Knicks:
PG - Mario Chalmers (32)/Delonte West(16)
SG - Courtney Lee(32)/Delonte West(16)/Xavier Henry /Kelenna Azubuike
SF - Paul Pierce(38)/James Johnson(10)
PF - Dirk Nowitzki(38)/Josh McRoberts(10)
C - Brendan Haywood(26)/Kosta Koufos(18)/Jeremy Tyler(4)

Starting 5.
I'd give the slight edge to the Knicks. They have to go to scorers at different positions who are both proven and NBA finals MVP's. The Hawks have a Cleveland like team with LeBron being the clear best player and having support players around him to cater to his game.

Supporting Cast
This clearly goes to the Hawks.
Delonte/Xavier/Azubuike/Johnson/McRoberts/Koufos is pretty bad. I'm not sure any of them could be considered 7th/8th man players.
Hawks however have Robinson/Henderson/McGrady/Amir who each fit nicely with LeBron.

Unless you plan on playing Pierce/Dirk 40+ minutes each series I see the lack of quality depth really hurting the Knicks. Hawks at least have good shooters on the court with LeBron and off the bench.

Overall I think the Hawks would ultimately win this series 4-2
I've seen the formula for a 1 man surrounded by shooters squad work in the past or at least make it to the Finals (Cleveland, Philly, Orlando) vs. the 2 good stars on the starting 5 and a bad bench.

kjoke
05-06-2012, 10:21 PM
In fact, the Hawks are head over heals better than the other team. From every position except Pf. Both benches suck, so its a wash there

NYtilIdie
05-06-2012, 10:23 PM
And they have Lebron.

kjoke
05-06-2012, 10:24 PM
And they have Lebron.

There is no need for another argument.

roshan3ai
05-06-2012, 10:25 PM
Starting 5.
I'd give the slight edge to the Knicks. They have to go to scorers at different positions who are both proven and NBA finals MVP's. The Hawks have a Cleveland like team with LeBron being the clear best player and having support players around him to cater to his game.

Supporting Cast
This clearly goes to the Hawks.
Delonte/Xavier/Azubuike/Johnson/McRoberts/Koufos is pretty bad. I'm not sure any of them could be considered 7th/8th man players.
Hawks however have Robinson/Henderson/McGrady/Amir who each fit nicely with LeBron.

Unless you plan on playing Pierce/Dirk 40+ minutes each series I see the lack of quality depth really hurting the Knicks. Hawks at least have good shooters on the court with LeBron and off the bench.

Overall I think the Hawks would ultimately win this series 4-2
I've seen the formula for a 1 man surrounded by shooters squad work in the past or at least make it to the Finals (Cleveland, Philly, Orlando) vs. the 2 good stars on the starting 5 and a bad bench.

C'mon JerZ. Delonte and Koufos started this year. Johnson averaged 9 and 5 and will only play 10 minutes. McRoberts will only play 10 minutes.

But I respect that you actually gave a reason for who you voted for even though I disagree immensely.

Catfish1314
05-06-2012, 10:27 PM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showpost.php?p=22086658&postcount=196

Some icing on the cake

Well I post in the Music OTT, and I'm voting for the Hawks. You know why? Because I ****ing can, and hope they make it to the next round.

They also have Lebron James, which is good enough for any argument (SEE 06-10 CAVS)

You guys are inadvertently ****ing the Hawks with posts like this.

Eagles4Lyfe
05-06-2012, 10:27 PM
:laugh:

29$JerZ
05-06-2012, 10:30 PM
C'mon JerZ. Delonte and Koufos started this year. Johnson averaged 9 and 5 and will only play 10 minutes. McRoberts will only play 10 minutes.

But I respect that you actually gave a reason for who you voted for even though I disagree immensely.

I haven't voted yet. I'm going to see if I can be convinced before I make a vote.
Imo I think the Hawks would win.

I get the idea of Pierce/Dirk duo being able to overcompensate for what little support they have but imo you are underestimating how effective a LeBron as the only star team is when surrounded by the right pieces. They do have a nice mix of shooting and defense. I just can't get over the Knicks bench. And on a LeBron only squad the PG and C positions are pretty much just there for scrap points and hustle players. SG/PF is where the action is at and Reddick/Anderon getting fed from LeBron? Looks good to me.

kjoke
05-06-2012, 10:31 PM

But I actually feel that the Hawks are the better team. I'm surprised that NY is even the 1 seed. That team is old and not as explosive.

homestarunner93
05-06-2012, 10:32 PM

You're right. KOB will surely use these posts to manipulate the series and get the result he desires.

Eagles4Lyfe
05-06-2012, 10:34 PM
:laugh: :laugh: oh homestar

roshan3ai
05-06-2012, 10:41 PM
I haven't voted yet. I'm going to see if I can be convinced before I make a vote.
Imo I think the Hawks would win.

I get the idea of Pierce/Dirk duo being able to overcompensate for what little support they have but imo you are underestimating how effective a LeBron as the only star team is when surrounded by the right pieces. They do have a nice mix of shooting and defense. I just can't get over the Knicks bench. And on a LeBron only squad the PG and C positions are pretty much just there for scrap points and hustle players. SG/PF is where the action is at and Reddick/Anderon getting fed from LeBron? Looks good to me.

You're way overexaggerating the bench my man.

Delonte West:
9.6 PPG | 3.2 APG | 1.3 SPG | 2.3 RPG | 24.1 MPG | 54% TS%

James Johnson:
9.1 PPG | 4.7 RPG | 2.0 APG | 1.4 BPG | 1.1 SPG | 25.2 MPG

Kosta Koufos:
5.5 PPG | 5.4 RPG | 0.91 BPG | 61% TS% | 17 MPG

Josh McRoberts:
2.8 PPG | 3.4 RPG | 52% TS% | 14.4 MPG

So you're telling me that Delonte playing around 30 minutes, Johnson and McRoberts playing around 10 and Koufos playing around 20 minutes is going to give this game away when he has DESAGNA DIOP playing backup center to DeAndre Jordan who doesn't even average 30 MPG?!?!

Who's his post option? He has nobody who can score in the post except LeBron but he can't pass himself the ball. Ryan Anderson has disappeared int he playoffs. Collison got ****ing benched for George Hill. And Redick is not a good enough defender to keep up with Lee who is massively underrated. As a starter Lee is averaging 15 PPG on great percentages and 40% from 3. Chalmers can pass the rock around and hit the three while providing great defense, and Haywood is just here to play defense and rebound which he clearly can do as he anchored a top 10 defense alongside Dirk this year.

Having two closers on this team is an even bigger plus. Dirk and Pierce are both great at the end of games, and the only player that has done remotely anything in the playoffs on that team is LeBron.

roshan3ai
05-06-2012, 10:42 PM
You're right. KOB will surely use these posts to manipulate the series and get the result he desires.
Yep I'm sure this is going to happen :rolleyes:

29$JerZ
05-06-2012, 10:47 PM
You're way overexaggerating the bench my man.

Delonte West:
9.6 PPG | 3.2 APG | 1.3 SPG | 2.3 RPG | 24.1 MPG | 54% TS%

James Johnson:
9.1 PPG | 4.7 RPG | 2.0 APG | 1.4 BPG | 1.1 SPG | 25.2 MPG

Kosta Koufos:
5.5 PPG | 5.4 RPG | 0.91 BPG | 61% TS% | 17 MPG

Josh McRoberts:
2.8 PPG | 3.4 RPG | 52% TS% | 14.4 MPG

So you're telling me that Delonte playing around 30 minutes, Johnson and McRoberts playing around 10 and Koufos playing around 20 minutes is going to give this game away when he has DESAGNA DIOP playing backup center to DeAndre Jordan who doesn't even average 30 MPG?!?!

Who's his post option? He has nobody who can score in the post except LeBron but he can't pass himself the ball. Ryan Anderson has disappeared int he playoffs. Collison got ****ing benched for George Hill. And Redick is not a good enough defender to keep up with Lee who is massively underrated. As a starter Lee is averaging 15 PPG on great percentages and 40% from 3. Chalmers can pass the rock around and hit the three while providing great defense, and Haywood is just here to play defense and rebound which he clearly can do as he anchored a top 10 defense alongside Dirk this year.

Having two closers on this team is an even bigger plus. Dirk and Pierce are both great at the end of games, and the only player that has done remotely anything in the playoffs on that team is LeBron.

That's why I don't vote on the first glance.
Great points.

kjoke
05-06-2012, 10:51 PM
Ryan Anderson has disappeared in the playoffs because he's becoming the focal point. LeBron has Howard-like skills in attracting defenders/ Andreson, Reddick will be open for quite some time. Lee is a pretty inefficient shooter who would only take the ball from more efficient players. And when in the playoffs, players like Kosta Koufus don't matter. They can very well put Amir at the Center and not have Diop even play. Delonte is the only scoring threat of the bench, if you can even call him that,

roshan3ai
05-06-2012, 10:51 PM
That's why I don't vote on the first glance.
Great points.
Gah see why can't most voters be like you

kjoke
05-06-2012, 10:54 PM
also where is the rebounding coming from, for the Knicks? Anderson, And Joradan can not only get the defensive rebound, but anderson is quite known to be a great offensive rebounder. To top that off you have Lebron who is osting record high rebounding numbers.

roshan3ai
05-06-2012, 10:58 PM
Ryan Anderson has disappeared in the playoffs because he's becoming the focal point. LeBron has Howard-like skills in attracting defenders/ Andreson, Reddick will be open for quite some time.

Lee is actually a very good defender. Ask anybody who's watched the Rockets this year. Redick isn't getting many open looks on Lee.

Lee is a pretty inefficient shooter who would only take the ball from more efficient players[/QUOTE

Lee's inefficient with a 53.4% TS%? Then so is Collison who has a 52.6% TS%. Nate Robinson also has a 53.4% TS%. Gerald Henderson has a 51% TS%. McGrady has a 51% TS%.

[QUOTE]And when in the playoffs, players like Kosta Koufus don't matter. They can very well put Amir at the Center and not have Diop even play. Delonte is the only scoring threat of the bench, if you can even call him that,

If guys like Kosta don't matter then why are you harping on the benches? Then they don't really matter because I can easily put James Johnson in the game so Mcroberts doesn't have to play.

Why wouldn't West be a scoring threat? He has been averaging double digits since the all star break and can drive, shoot and dish. He absolutely is a scoring threat off the bench. Koufos can give me 5-6. Johnson can add about 5 as well. In the playoffs I don't think the benches are gonna be the difference. He has no answer for Dirk while Pierce has faired well against LeBron in the past.

29$JerZ
05-06-2012, 11:01 PM
Gah see why can't most voters be like you

They see penis pics and quote them.
I delete them.

That's what separates us.

kjoke
05-06-2012, 11:03 PM
Lee is actually a very good defender. Ask anybody who's watched the Rockets this year. Redick isn't getting many open looks on Lee.

[QUOTE]Lee is a pretty inefficient shooter who would only take the ball from more efficient players[/QUOTE

Lee's inefficient with a 53.4% TS%? Then so is Collison who has a 52.6% TS%. Nate Robinson also has a 53.4% TS%. Gerald Henderson has a 51% TS%. McGrady has a 51% TS%.

If guys like Kosta don't matter then why are you harping on the benches? Then they don't really matter because I can easily put James Johnson in the game so Mcroberts doesn't have to play.

Why wouldn't West be a scoring threat? He has been averaging double digits since the all star break and can drive, shoot and dish. He absolutely is a scoring threat off the bench. Koufos can give me 5-6. Johnson can add about 5 as well. In the playoffs I don't think the benches are gonna be the difference. He has no answer for Dirk while Pierce has faired well against LeBron in the past.

You are nit picking with points here. You can't do that, it just does not work like that. Benches matter, but 10th men don't. You will get crushed on the boards, on three's, and Lebron can be guarding everyone from Chalmers to Dirk. Whose your ball handler Chalmers? Do you trust Chalmers to get the ball at the right places? To not make boneheaded plays? I've seen chalmers play for years now, he's not the protypical pg who you can give the ball too and won't make mistakes.

Sportfan
05-06-2012, 11:03 PM
post of the year lmao.

roshan3ai
05-06-2012, 11:04 PM
also where is the rebounding coming from, for the Knicks? Anderson, And Joradan can not only get the defensive rebound, but anderson is quite known to be a great offensive rebounder. To top that off you have Lebron who is osting record high rebounding numbers.

Dirk is a good defensive rebounder, though he's not a great offensive rebounder because of how much he's on the perimeter. Haywood and Koufos are both solid rebounders down low and Pierce is also a solid rebounder at SF at 5+ per game. LeBron has the advantage over Pierce, but I don't see Haywood and Dirk having too many issues rebounding the ball.

kjoke
05-06-2012, 11:06 PM
Dirk is a good defensive rebounder, though he's not a great offensive rebounder because of how much he's on the perimeter. Haywood and Koufos are both solid rebounders down low and Pierce is also a solid rebounder at SF at 5+ per game. LeBron has the advantage over Pierce, but I don't see Haywood and Dirk having too many issues rebounding the ball.

I do.

roshan3ai
05-06-2012, 11:07 PM
[QUOTE=roshan3ai;22087824]Lee is actually a very good defender. Ask anybody who's watched the Rockets this year. Redick isn't getting many open looks on Lee.

You are nit picking with points here. You can't do that, it just does not work like that. Benches matter, but 10th men don't. You will get crushed on the boards, on three's, and Lebron can be guarding everyone from Chalmers to Dirk. Whose your ball handler Chalmers? Do you trust Chalmers to get the ball at the right places? To not make boneheaded plays? I've seen chalmers play for years now, he's not the protypical pg who you can give the ball too and won't make mistakes.

Threes? Considering Dirk's a solid defender, and Lee, Chalmers and West are all very good perimeter defenders, I'm not seeing that.

LeBron can guard one person at a time. Who's guarding Pierce if he's on Dirk? :laugh2: Anderson on Pierce? GL with that. Put him on Chalmers and see what happens with Dirk and Pierce.

As for Chalmers, I have two very high usage players in Pierce and Dirk. Pierce is averaging 5 assists per game this year and is a good playmaker and Dirk can obviously create his own shot and pass out. Chalmers just has to pick his spots and get the team into it's offense.

NYtilIdie
05-06-2012, 11:10 PM
But you don't have Lebron.

Sportfan
05-06-2012, 11:11 PM

they have pierce. pretty sure he has more finals mvp's than lebron

Notice how he dismantled a hawks team in a single half? a hawks team with better team defense.

oh yea that dirk guy is no scrub either

roshan3ai

A very astute observation. Keen eye you got there

roshan3ai
they have pierce.

Notice how he dismantled a hawks team in a single half? a hawks team with better team defense.

Butt Hez not Luhbron

29$JerZ
05-06-2012, 11:13 PM
they have pierce. pretty sure he has more finals mvp's than lebron

Dirk's team got swept though :shrug:

Sportfan
05-06-2012, 11:18 PM
Dirk's team got swept though :shrug:
anderson's team isn't doing much better :shrug:

lebron shoots 41% against pierce in their playoff matchups btw, so good luck giving the king 25 shots just for 30 points.

VCaintdead17
05-06-2012, 11:22 PM
I want to change my vote to the Hawks because of the lack of f***s they give.

Sportfan
05-06-2012, 11:25 PM
they should write a book on how to succeed in the redraft. they almost got to the conference finals last year doing the same thing

1. get a top 3 pick
2. make your picks and leave
3. hang out in the music OTT until they all worship you
4. dont post in the redraft lounge
5. dont post a writeup
6. dont take it seriously
7. have one of your ott *****es post for votes
8. success.

VCaintdead17
05-06-2012, 11:31 PM
they should write a book on how to succeed in the redraft. they almost got to the conference finals last year doing the same thing

1. get a top 3 pick
5. dont post a writeup
8. success.

http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/image/composition/20124631/view/1/producttypecolor/1/type/png/width/280/height/280/my-dog-is-on-the-roof-portrait-women-s_design.png

TO Rapz
05-06-2012, 11:31 PM
^ :laugh:

kjoke
05-06-2012, 11:40 PM

1. get a top 3 pick
5. dont post a writeup
8. success.

Or:

1) Have a better team

NYtilIdie
05-06-2012, 11:45 PM

1. get a top 3 pick
5. dont post a writeup
8. success.

http://b.asset.soup.io/asset/1603/9259_badb.gif

Butt Hez not Luhbron

I know! That's what I'm saying.

Sportfan
05-06-2012, 11:49 PM
http://b.asset.soup.io/asset/1603/9259_badb.gif

I know! That's what I'm saying.
clearly a **** is being given if you're going out of your way to help them win.

roshan3ai
05-06-2012, 11:51 PM
clearly a **** is being given if you're going out of your way to help them win.
Aaaaand boom goes the dynamite

VCaintdead17
05-06-2012, 11:57 PM
Is the >100 post=vote doesn't count rule still in effect? If so, this series is tied.

ugafan
05-07-2012, 12:02 AM
I was at the Nationals game so I hope nobody holds what is going on against Mane and I but this is so funny. :laugh2:

I really do think we have the better team but the Knicks obviously have a good team as well.

ugafan
05-07-2012, 12:02 AM
And we didn't ask anybody for votes or ask anybody else to ask to vote for us.

ugafan
05-07-2012, 12:36 AM
The Music OTT voting was split once again so please stop complaining about that.

PocketKings
05-07-2012, 12:41 AM
Is the >100 post=vote doesn't count rule still in effect? If so, this series is tied.

Yeah this rule is still in effect.

The_Jamal
05-07-2012, 12:24 PM
so who won? I know the Hawks had a few >100 post votes

PocketKings
05-07-2012, 01:40 PM
They had 2 votes with less than 100 votes.

So it's tied at 33-33.

But whatever tiebreaker procedures happen. IDK.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-07-2012, 02:44 PM
I switch my vote. ;)

Grееtаrd
05-07-2012, 03:10 PM
I switch my vote.

ugafan
05-07-2012, 03:21 PM
3 people said they wanted to change their votes from Knicks to Hawks. :shrug:

PocketKings
05-07-2012, 03:24 PM
I switch my vote. ;)
Did you really? Or are you joking with that smiley?

I switch my vote.
This is a dupe - banned account.

3 people said they wanted to change their votes from Knicks to Hawks. :shrug:

What 3 are you talking about? The two I highlighted above I already talked about.

ugafan
05-07-2012, 03:37 PM
Did you really? Or are you joking with that smiley?

This is a dupe - banned account.

What 3 are you talking about? The two I highlighted above I already talked about.
Well then why should his initial vote for you count then?

PocketKings
05-07-2012, 03:39 PM
Well then why should his initial vote for you count then?

Because the original account wasn't the dupe that voted. Click on poll - click on that Greetard and see the difference between that one and the dupe who posted in this thread.

If VC and Raps 08-09 are being serious about their vote change, I'd like them to confirm because I didn't think either of those posts were serious but if they were, they can simply confirm it.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-07-2012, 04:23 PM
Lol I was joking.

PocketKings
05-07-2012, 05:11 PM
Lol I was joking.

Thanks for confirming.

Corey
05-07-2012, 05:47 PM
Closing this one since the other one is up