PDA

View Full Version : Boston Celtics

KnickNyKnick
05-05-2012, 12:10 PM
So seems like the celtics are getting their mojo back as players are back from injuries. granted Allen did not hit one three but i say give him time.

so my question is, are the celtics now the only team that can knock off the heat?

discuss.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Allen made a few jumpers last night which I'm fine with for now seeing that he just came back from an injury. I'm a bit concerned though about last night seeing that the Hawks were without Smith and the game went into OT. Teague needs to be shut down. He's been great in this series.

To answer your question about the Heat, I'll wait. I'm one of those people that likes to take it one series at a time. Also put in the fact that we won the season series against the Heat last season as well but still lost to them in the playoffs I'll wait before jumping to conclusions.

KnickNyKnick
05-05-2012, 12:19 PM
i see your view point. and yeh allen still shot 50% damn good being back from injury.
i just do not see any other match up in the ECF.

Reversed86Curse
05-05-2012, 12:25 PM
I agree with B's- need to take it series by series. I'm not sure this series won't go to 7 games unless the C's can manage to limit the Hawks offensive rebounds

Mishmin
05-05-2012, 12:28 PM
The hawks lack the killer instinct that gets you to rings. They have a lot of talent, but are ultimately lethargic as a unit.

The Celtics do have that instinct, but it will all depend on what their bodies allow them to do. I have a feeling that if matched up with a young talented team that runs the entire game, they will not be able to keep up (possibly the Pacers).

If the ECF is Heat/Celtics, it will be exciting, but I'd give the edge to the Heat.

thekmp211
05-05-2012, 01:12 PM
yes, only EC team with the capability. not convinced yet but the door is definitely open. we match up well, and rondo just gives them fits all day every day. gotta get there first.

D12 fan
05-05-2012, 01:25 PM
No team in the East can beat the Heat,I only see 3 teams who can beat the Heat this year (Thunder,Spurs,Lakers).

Sportfan
05-05-2012, 02:24 PM
No team in the East can beat the Heat,I only see 3 teams who can beat the Heat this year (Thunder,Spurs,Lakers).
wtf? the celtics went 3-0 against the heat this year (given one game was a scrub matchup but 3 wins are 3 wins either way you put them)

Crackadalic
05-05-2012, 02:25 PM
I think they can push it to 6 but i wouldnt bet on them beating the heat. There too good IMO

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-05-2012, 02:28 PM
Boston is the only team that can give Miami fits. They have been LeBron's kryptonite his entire career. Last yr, Celtics limped into the 2nd round and they didn't have their big man rotation set as Shaq returned in that 2nd round series, the deteriorating health of JO etc. etc. But now, it seems like they have their rotations set, and by the time the ECF roll around, everyone that is playing for them right now will be healthy to combat Miami. We'll see what happens, but C's have a shot. It'll be the best series of the Eastern Conference playoffs by far.

The Final Boss
05-05-2012, 02:47 PM
Allen made a few jumpers last night which I'm fine with for now seeing that he just came back from an injury. I'm a bit concerned though about last night seeing that the Hawks were without Smith and the game went into OT. Teague needs to be shut down. He's been great in this series.

To answer your question about the Heat, I'll wait. I'm one of those people that likes to take it one series at a time. Also put in the fact that we won the season series against the Heat last season as well but still lost to them in the playoffs I'll wait before jumping to conclusions.

Great start to a new D? New England has been rebuilding their defense for 6 years. :laugh:

AntiG
05-05-2012, 04:08 PM
so my question is, are the celtics now the only team that can knock off the heat?

In the East, yes.

Kashmir13579
05-05-2012, 04:24 PM
In the east they are.

D12 fan
05-05-2012, 05:16 PM
wtf? the celtics went 3-0 against the heat this year (given one game was a scrub matchup but 3 wins are 3 wins either way you put them)

Yeah that was the regular season,but the Heat are a different animal in the playoffs,yeah Lebron stuggles vs the celtics,but he has a sidekick name Dwayne Wade to pick up his slack.I would be suprised if the Heat don't make it to the Finals.

My pick to win it all is the Spurs,they seem like the best team right now.

Donuts365
05-05-2012, 05:32 PM
right now thats the only team in east that stands a chance 76ers vs celtics gone be good 2nd round imo

Donuts365
05-05-2012, 05:36 PM
spurs can but wont in west lakers got best chance at beating the heat in finals if get by thunder the thunder is good but lack of team defense and main offense being contested shots by three players will be tough to beat miami

kvrnm
05-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Boston is the only team that can give Miami fits. They have been LeBron's kryptonite his entire career. Last yr, Celtics limped into the 2nd round and they didn't have their big man rotation set as Shaq returned in that 2nd round series, the deteriorating health of JO etc. etc. But now, it seems like they have their rotations set, and by the time the ECF roll around, everyone that is playing for them right now will be healthy to combat Miami. We'll see what happens, but C's have a shot. It'll be the best series of the Eastern Conference playoffs by far.

This

NoahH
05-05-2012, 05:47 PM
I don't think Boston stands a chance

kvrnm
05-05-2012, 05:48 PM
I don't think Boston stands a chance

good insight

justinnum1
05-05-2012, 05:51 PM
i think philly-boston will go 6 or 7, philly plays boston tough. looking forward to that series.

Miami has no answer for rondo, he always kills us but boston has no answer for lebron. Should be a good series. I would think miami wins in 6.

kvrnm
05-05-2012, 05:56 PM
if boston is healthy and clicking, a game 7 is what i am wishing for in thr ECF the odds would be stacked against boston, but anything can happen in a game 7