PDA

View Full Version : Worse fall from grace?

TRF929
05-05-2012, 01:49 AM
If the Bulls lose in the first round, would this be considered worse than what happened to the Spurs last year? Injuries plagued the Spurs last year during this time as well, with Manu breaking his arm and then trying to play with it, and Duncan was dealing with his ankle at the end of the regular season. I would also say the Grizzlies weren't an average 8th seed, and are better than the Sixers.

I'm not trying to start anything, I actually like the Bulls and chose them for the Finals but with all the crap the Spurs were/are getting, it's an honest question.

I would say it measures up to the fall of the Spurs last year, with similarities in both teams, but in saying that I'm not going to discredit them and say anything about it for next season, as people are doing to the Spurs this season.

Still wanting a Bulls vs. Spurs finals, Pacers being the dark horse this year

Sadds The Gr8
05-05-2012, 01:51 AM
didnt Miami go from Championship to first round sweep in like 06-07?

C_Mund
05-05-2012, 02:08 AM
San An had been a proven commodity for over a decade. An off-year isn't a fall from grace in my opinion, but I do see where you're coming from.
I'd say Chicago took a bigger hit this year because they had something to prove whereas nobody even expected the Spurs to remain as competitive with so many games packed together.

Procision
05-05-2012, 02:20 AM
Are people serious? What do they expect of the bulls without Rose and Noah?

b_russ
05-05-2012, 02:43 AM
Dallas? :shrug:

Trueblue2
05-05-2012, 02:54 AM
No, while injuries played a role in the spurs losing in the first round, the grizzlies were just playing out of their minds in the playoffs. If Manu and Duncan were playing the way they are playing now they probably wouldn't have lost, but it would have still been a close series. Sixers have a lot of talent, but with they way they were playing coming into the playoffs and the way the bulls have played without rose this year it's still a bigger disappointment.

5ass
05-05-2012, 03:04 AM
Are people serious? What do they expect of the bulls without Rose and Noah?

come on man, dont act so surprised. The bulls made it to the 1st seed without Rose. I dont know why so many Bulls fans act dumb sometimes (dont jump on me because of this statement i honestly feel that the average age of the bulls fan on PSD is 14. there are some people that are objective, but even when they post in the bulls forum they get torched by the rest of the immature posters). Even without rose u should've beat the 76ers. Hell this season u beat the top teams in the NBA without Rose in the regular season. Man up and admit that this is not what u expected to happen. Its not like the sixers are a great team. Series isnt over though, they can still win it. Im not trying to bait here, just speaking my mind in the hopes that other people recognize what im saying.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-05-2012, 03:07 AM
Dallas this year and Miami after they won the title.

Rose got injured. Hardly a fall from grace. More like disadvantaged chance.

Bulls_fan90
05-05-2012, 03:13 AM
How is it a fall from grace? Bait thread derp derp.

Blazers#1Fan
05-05-2012, 03:13 AM
portland trail blazers last 3 years this year

TRF929
05-05-2012, 05:40 AM
come on man, dont act so surprised. The bulls made it to the 1st seed without Rose. I dont know why so many Bulls fans act dumb sometimes (dont jump on me because of this statement i honestly feel that the average age of the bulls fan on PSD is 14. there are some people that are objective, but even when they post in the bulls forum they get torched by the rest of the immature posters). Even without rose u should've beat the 76ers. Hell this season u beat the top teams in the NBA without Rose in the regular season. Man up and admit that this is not what u expected to happen. Its not like the sixers are a great team. Series isnt over though, they can still win it. Im not trying to bait here, just speaking my mind in the hopes that other people recognize what im saying.

Thank you, at least some people can actually read and see where I'm coming from. Yes I mentioned the injuries and took that into account, but Bulls still made #1 seed without Rose and playing the Sixers. Noah hobbled doesn't help things, but in plenty other threads this season, Bulls had one of the deepest benches. Thats alot a similarity to the Spurs a couple years ago where their bench was good until the playoffs.

I'm not trying to bait here, but just pointing out similarites and how no one gave the Spurs slack but give Bulls all the slack in the world. Obviously Rose cant play with one good leg, as Manu could with one arm and Duncan hobbled is Noah is now.

So why is this team so different than the Spurs of last year?

For everyone mentioning Dallas, I'm actually not surprised at all. I told everyone last year they go as far as Chandler's defense, and now it shows thats their not that good. (I'll be waiting for a Dallas fan to get at me but its true)

Procision
05-05-2012, 07:41 AM

The Bulls had an ok record without rose during the regular season but most of those wins were against below average teams, any bulls fans will tell you this isn't even close to the same team without rose. Also even without rose we were giving it to Philly in Philly but then Noah went down as well. Only so much a team can get by from.

jp611
05-05-2012, 07:56 AM
If any team loses 2 of their top 4 players, they're probably doomed... People are out of this world and will do anything to belittle this Bulls team

TRF929
05-05-2012, 08:40 AM
If any team loses 2 of their top 4 players, they're probably doomed... People are out of this world and will do anything to belittle this Bulls team

I'm not trying to belittle anyone (another illiterate person here) I like the Bulls and picked em for the finals. I'm just trying to understand the difference of this year Bulls and last year Spurs. And the disrespect the Spurs get for falling in the first round last year but many people will let the Bulls slide this year.

Once again, I'm not trying to bash anyone or team, but why 2 different reactions/judgements, when injuries affected both teams/series?

jp611
05-05-2012, 08:49 AM
Yeah right, no one is going to let the Bulls slide, go check our our idiotic game thread... People are gonna hammer on this team, when in reality if any team loses their star and their heart and soul they are doomed... Bulls can still win this series though and if they win game 4 I think they will still advance

JordansBulls
05-05-2012, 09:01 AM
Spurs last year lost Manu, but still had Parker and Duncan who are stars themselves and two guys who have won finals mvp's as well. Bulls have nothing outside of Rose now simply because they have no one else who can create there shot.

quade36
05-05-2012, 09:04 AM
27 out of the 66 games without Rose is hardly winning the season without him

TRF929
05-05-2012, 09:27 AM
Yeah right, no one is going to let the Bulls slide, go check our our idiotic game thread... People are gonna hammer on this team, when in reality if any team loses their star and their heart and soul they are doomed... Bulls can still win this series though and if they win game 4 I think they will still advance

I'm feelin ya, losing a star sux and I do let them slide cause injuries, still hoping they make it past the first. I find it stupid and idiotic myself that people bash teams for losing games because of injuries

TRF929
05-05-2012, 09:37 AM
Spurs last year lost Manu, but still had Parker and Duncan who are stars themselves and two guys who have won finals mvp's as well. Bulls have nothing outside of Rose now simply because they have no one else who can create there shot.

Duncan was also hobbled with ankle issues, as now Noah is. Duncan a star... I didn't know anyone outside of Spurs fans still condidered him that, all I've ever heard is old and a shell of his past.

And what happened to the Bulls fans arguing that the had the best bench a couple weeks ago? Nothing outside of Rose? What about your prized player in Boozer (sarcasm), Deng can play, Hamilton's won a ring.

effen5
05-05-2012, 09:41 AM
Umm what about Dallas? Or Miami after their title run? Or when Dallas lost to gsw a few years ago? I mean are you new to basketball? Bulls have one injury plagued year and this is the worse?

And look at the bulls record without rose against over 500 teams, bulls themselves were barely 500. Some people have no clue what their talking about and not only belittle the bulls but make it sound like rose has minimum impact on this team. When it's quite the opposite and clearly people who thought rose makes not only his teammates better but the team better. Look how difficult it has been for deng to score without rose? And look at Ronnie brewer...he looks nothing like himself without rose.

beardown78
05-05-2012, 09:42 AM
Not a fall from grace more like A brief intermission, or maybe conformation of Roses impact and importance to this Bulls team. People were trying to say the Bulls were just as good without Rose as they were with him. Teams game plan and adjust game by game in the playoffs whereas teams had little if no practice time on a abbreviated compressed season. Not surprised at all with the recent struggles. Take away arguably A top 7 talent off of any team and we ll see the results

effen5
05-05-2012, 09:47 AM
Duncan was also hobbled with ankle issues, as now Noah is. Duncan a star... I didn't know anyone outside of Spurs fans still condidered him that, all I've ever heard is old and a shell of his past.

And what happened to the Bulls fans arguing that the had the best bench a couple weeks ago? Nothing outside of Rose? What about your prized player in Boozer (sarcasm), Deng can play, Hamilton's won a ring.

These players are wonderful, but they are not the number one option on any team. You know that, and Hamilton and Boozer can create their own shot but its still not enough to win without Rose. Deng's play has suffered tremendously without Rose, I think thats quite evident.

As for the Bulls bench? They do have one of the best benches in the league, our bench will stay competitive with any team in the league...the problem? We don't have a scorer on the bench. Why do you think the Bulls struggle at the end of games....they couldn't score without Rose.

And if you still don't think Duncan is a star...then I don't know what to say. I would still have Duncan over a lot of PF in the league.

kdspurman
05-05-2012, 10:50 AM

That's what happens when you get your facts from here and ESPN... He's putting up great numbers playing only 28MPG...

JasonJohnHorn
05-05-2012, 11:03 AM
I don't think anybody is going to see the Bulls in the way people saw the Mavs that one season when they lost to the 8th seed. Spurs played a bad series last year, but they did have most of their players on the floor.

The Bulls are a great team, but Philly is better than their record shows. They hit a slump at the end of the season, but they have a great coach, a little depth, and solid starting line up. Rose was the heart and soul of that Bulls team. Without him, there's no chance of them going deep in the playoffs. There are some good players on the Bulls roster, but lets face it, Rose is Rose. He's a game changer. When people say a team is a player away from being contenders, Rose is that player for the Bulls. Without him they just don't have what it takes to make a deep run. It'd be like taking James away from the Heat, or Kobe away from the Lakers, or Durant away from the Thunder.

I don't think anybody is going to fault the Bulls for losing this series.

mavwar53
05-05-2012, 11:17 AM
The Bulls had an ok record without rose during the regular season but most of those wins were against below average teams, any bulls fans will tell you this isn't even close to the same team without rose. Also even without rose we were giving it to Philly in Philly but then Noah went down as well. Only so much a team can get by from.

This, anyone that thinks otherwise isn't paying attention to the details.

The Final Boss
05-05-2012, 11:24 AM

They didn't have the refs in their back pocket the next season.

Pierzynski4Prez
05-05-2012, 11:39 AM
Dallas this year and Miami after they won the title.

Rose got injured. Hardly a fall from grace. More like disadvantaged chance.

This

/Bait Thread

Pierzynski4Prez
05-05-2012, 11:39 AM
I don't think anybody is going to see the Bulls in the way people saw the Mavs that one season when they lost to the 8th seed. Spurs played a bad series last year, but they did have most of their players on the floor.

The Bulls are a great team, but Philly is better than their record shows. They hit a slump at the end of the season, but they have a great coach, a little depth, and solid starting line up. Rose was the heart and soul of that Bulls team. Without him, there's no chance of them going deep in the playoffs. There are some good players on the Bulls roster, but lets face it, Rose is Rose. He's a game changer. When people say a team is a player away from being contenders, Rose is that player for the Bulls. Without him they just don't have what it takes to make a deep run. It'd be like taking James away from the Heat, or Kobe away from the Lakers, or Durant away from the Thunder.

I don't think anybody is going to fault the Bulls for losing this series.

Exactly. Didn't that Mavs team go like 67-15 too?

cubbies7177
05-05-2012, 11:44 AM

Alright. We did not make it to the 1st seed without Rose. Where do people get their information? In what world would the Bulls be #1 in the East over the Heat without our MVP? I just get annoyed when people like you ask for "recognition"' because you heard something on ESPN. If you watched more than 20 Bulls games, especially the ones without Rose, you would notice how much he contributes to the flow of our offense. In addition to that, he was the leader of our team.

So, even without Rose, I agree that we should probably beat the Sixers. On paper, we still have a strong defense (with or without Rose), and we have the bench mob. But, I'm pretty sure the heart and soul of this team has been completely sapped, especially with Noah going down.

This year's a wash. Honestly, when I'm watching these games now, I'm more worried about an injury than scoring or defense. I rather get Jimmy Butler and Taj Gibson some serious playing time than risk a potentially much more dangerous to an older Boozer.

Before we call the Spurs a "fall from grace," we should watch them this year. If the Bulls come back as strong as the Spurs did this year, I would be ecstatic.

I just want to see injury recoveries this offseason: Rose (ACL), Noah (Ankle), Deng (Wrist), CJ (Elbow, Ankle)

Pierzynski4Prez
05-05-2012, 11:46 AM
Alright. We did not make it to the 1st seed without Rose. Where do people get their information? In what world would the Bulls be #1 in the East over the Heat without our MVP? I just get annoyed when people like you ask for "recognition"' because you heard something on ESPN. If you watched more than 20 Bulls games, especially the ones without Rose, you would notice how much he contributes to the flow of our offense. In addition to that, he was the leader of our team.

So, even without Rose, I agree that we should probably beat the Sixers. On paper, we still have a strong defense (with or without Rose), and we have the bench mob. But, I'm pretty sure the heart and soul of this team has been completely sapped, especially with Noah going down.

This year's a wash. Honestly, when I'm watching these games now, I'm more worried about an injury than scoring or defense. I rather get Jimmy Butler and Taj Gibson some serious playing time than risk a potentially much more dangerous to an older Boozer.

Before we call the Spurs a "fall from grace," we should watch them this year. If the Bulls come back as strong as the Spurs did this year, I would be ecstatic.

I just want to see injury recoveries this offseason: Rose (ACL), Noah (Ankle), Deng (Wrist), CJ (Elbow, Ankle)

We should be able to beat Philly without Rose still. But with the players you named after Rose (plus toss in Taj), Philly should be able to beat us. Series can still go either way.

KnickNyKnick
05-05-2012, 11:50 AM
lol bait thread. im a knicks fan and can even admit the bulls are disadvantaged. no rose or noah = not the same 1st seed team. 5-8th i would say. bulls going through bad timing injuries just like ny the past 2 seasons. but folks wont use logic to determine a teams fall. they just want to see big trees fall. but im still not counting the bulls out vs the sixers

felixng2012
05-05-2012, 11:55 AM
They have a depleted roster. They have two starters missing.
We should also have two starters out but now we have three since one ****** nearly got his hand sliced off punching a fire extinguisher -.-.

kdspurman
05-05-2012, 01:31 PM

Duncan was not 100%. He was playing on a hobbled ankle that he injured prior to the playoffs.

MrfadeawayJB
05-05-2012, 01:56 PM
If the Bulls lose in the first round, would this be considered worse than what happened to the Spurs last year? Injuries plagued the Spurs last year during this time as well, with Manu breaking his arm and then trying to play with it, and Duncan was dealing with his ankle at the end of the regular season. I would also say the Grizzlies weren't an average 8th seed, and are better than the Sixers. I'm not trying to start anything, I actually like the Bulls and chose them for the Finals but with all the crap the Spurs were/are getting, it's an honest question.

I would say it measures up to the fall of the Spurs last year, with similarities in both teams, but in saying that I'm not going to discredit them and say anything about it for next season, as people are doing to the Spurs this season.

Still wanting a Bulls vs. Spurs finals, Pacers being the dark horse this year

bingo! I would say it is worse what Chicago is going through compared to SA, but at the same time Rose is the engine that makes the Bulls go. They are playing John Lucas for God's sakes!

NYY 26 to 7
05-05-2012, 02:57 PM

People on here bash the Knicks non-stop when we have had injuries all year and Lin stat shump out with a banged up Jeffries and Davis and sick chandler.

IversonIsKrazy
05-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Don't think it's a fall from grace. Neither was Spurs last year. Grizz just matched up with them great, that Grizz team was not the average 8th seed. This series, a no-Rose Bulls against Philly, was going to be close. If u want to talk about how Bulls got #1 seed without Rose, lets look at the season series between Bulls-Sixers, which was 2-1 Philly I believe, and the only win coming WITH rose. This won't be that bad, although I still think Chicago should still take the series.

Gram
05-05-2012, 03:10 PM
Derrick Rose.

akia83
05-05-2012, 03:13 PM

Totally agree with you on the Bulls fans, and I'm one of them

Few weeks ago, in the Bulls forum, most of them thought our bench could have been top 5 seed in the East.

And now, we get our bench + Deng + Boozer + Hamilton and we aren't supposed to beat the sixers whereas we won the first game.

Losing the first round would be a huge upset with or without Rose and Noah
Btw, I'm still think we gonna beat the sixers, and go to the ECF.

--23--
05-05-2012, 03:27 PM
:laugh2: it's not really a fall from grace, this is what happens when you take the best player off any team.

lakersfan01
05-05-2012, 03:30 PM
No because it's due to injuries. That really sucks for the Bulls to be hit with injuries like this. I had predicted them to reach the Finals. Hopefully Rose has the same athletic ability when he returns next season.

How about the 2 time defending champion Lakers being swept out of the playoffs last year? That was an epic fall from grace.

BearCubBull22
05-05-2012, 04:01 PM
The Bulls survived without Rose during the regular season because the played harder and had a deeper bench than most of their opponents. These advantages are minimized in the playoffs. Everyone plays hard every night and the value of depth is negated as other teams starters play more minutes.
You can argue the Bulls have enough talent to beat Philly even without Rose but I think people are failing to realize the psychological impact his loss had on the team. Sure he missed games before but they always knew/believed he would be back for the playoffs. This time they know he's done.

TRF929
05-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Totally agree with you on the Bulls fans, and I'm one of them

Few weeks ago, in the Bulls forum, most of them thought our bench could have been top 5 seed in the East.

And now, we get our bench + Deng + Boozer + Hamilton and we aren't supposed to beat the sixers whereas we won the first game.

Losing the first round would be a huge upset with or without Rose and Noah
Btw, I'm still think we gonna beat the sixers, and go to the ECF.

Thank you, you see where I'm coming from

Fyi, (SARCASM) when I said Duncan not being a star. You just hear from a lot of people that he is no more or whatnot.

Yes, Dallas falling to GS is years ago is big, but I just don't hear anything about that anymore. Constenly hear people saying "look what happened to the Spurs last year" blah blah blah

The Bulls series is far from over and hoping they make it past, but why do you allow them a slide and the Spurs always get ratted on about it? I don't wanna hear everyone say, oh its the match up, injuries, or whatever else your able to make up on the spot. I know most of you were calling out the Spurs for what happened last year and discreditted them this year because of it.

I just find humour how people are so easy to be simple minded and discredit one team and not the other, that have/had similar issues. I can see the Bulls play without Rose and if they fall won't discredit them next year, but why weren't people able to see that last year with the Spurs?

TRF929
05-05-2012, 04:44 PM
I see where everyone is coming from and for the most part agree. I'm really just wanting to hear from the people that like discrediting the Spurs and see why/if there's a difference.

Crap way to answer would be by saying there is no difference and they discredit the Bulls as well. Give me a decent response and logic behind it, because so far its all idiotic replies and you don't know bball.

Once again, not trying to bait and I like the Bulls. I just wanna know the mindset of the others that talk trash about one team/Spurs and not another/Bulls in similar circumstances. Theres a hell of a lot of you out there, I remember reading threads with no one crediting the Spurs because of last year

Raph12
05-05-2012, 05:18 PM
They're playing the best defensive team in the league, without their best offensive player... Try again.

NoahH
05-05-2012, 05:23 PM

And then went 15-67 in the next year... SMH not a good two years