PDA

View Full Version : NBA draft 2010 redo

phoenix_bladen
05-05-2012, 12:45 AM
What would ur list be and where would u rank Jeremy Lin assuming he's included?

bholly
05-05-2012, 12:49 AM
I'd still take Wall, Turner, Favors, Cousins, Monroe, George, ahead of Lin, so I guess after that. I suppose you'd call it mid-lottery?

black1605
05-05-2012, 01:22 AM
I'd still take Wall, Turner, Favors, Cousins, Monroe, George, ahead of Lin, so I guess after that. I suppose you'd call it mid-lottery?

Sounds about right.

iamsteel
05-05-2012, 01:23 AM
I would've taken Lin over Wes Johnson, or pretty much anyone in the draft for the wolves.

Fresno
05-05-2012, 01:28 AM

1. John Wall - A lot of potential with Franchise player talent assuming he continues to improve on his jumpshot.

2. DeMarcus Cousins - Could be a Franchise player for a long time. Just needs to keep improving his game & keeping his attitude in check.

3. Greg Monroe - Looks like a possible great #2 option assuming he figures out if he is a PF or C.

4. Derrick Favors - Still only 20 years old and has shown he can possibly be a Top 10 PF very soon assuming Utah clears their frontcourt logjam.

5. Paul George - Maybe could be a Franchise player like T-Mac or end up as just a very good #3 option but his upside makes him valuable

I'd put Jeremy Lin at #6

7. Evan Turner
8. Avery Bradley
9. Gordon Hayward
10. Jordan Crawford
11. Landry Fields
12. Greivis Vasquez
13. Trevor Booker
14. Eric Bledsoe
15. Ed Davis
16. Patrick Patterson
17. Kevin Seraphin
18. Ekpe Udoh
19. Al-Farouq Aminu
20. Wesley Johnson

PleaseBeNice
05-05-2012, 01:41 AM
Why is Lin regarded as so good? Seriously?

Max.This
05-05-2012, 01:52 AM
Just watch him play. He isnt super athletic, he's small built, not particularly fast, has an average vertical, but he can drop buckets. The best part of it, hes humble with all the popularity he got.

rockets-fan
05-05-2012, 02:09 AM

Cause he plays for new York...that's why

Fresno
05-05-2012, 02:31 AM

Nobody is saying he's great, but he's definetly better than most of the guys in the 2010 Draft.

phoenix_bladen
05-05-2012, 10:54 AM
1. John Wall - A lot of potential with Franchise player talent assuming he continues to improve on his jumpshot.

2. DeMarcus Cousins - Could be a Franchise player for a long time. Just needs to keep improving his game & keeping his attitude in check.

3. Greg Monroe - Looks like a possible great #2 option assuming he figures out if he is a PF or C.

4. Derrick Favors - Still only 20 years old and has shown he can possibly be a Top 10 PF very soon assuming Utah clears their frontcourt logjam.

5. Paul George - Maybe could be a Franchise player like T-Mac or end up as just a very good #3 option but his upside makes him valuable

I'd put Jeremy Lin at #6

7. Evan Turner
8. Avery Bradley
9. Gordon Hayward
10. Jordan Crawford
11. Landry Fields
12. Greivis Vasquez
13. Trevor Booker
14. Eric Bledsoe
15. Ed Davis
16. Patrick Patterson
17. Kevin Seraphin
18. Ekpe Udoh
19. Al-Farouq Aminu
20. Wesley Johnson

This is a pretty good list

It's cool how NY got 2 good players in either the second round or undrafted. That's either luck or good scouting!

Funny how they wasted a pick on Andy 'friggen' rautins over Jeremy Lin

Mishmin
05-05-2012, 11:45 AM
I think Ed Davis is going to be a strong player 3 years down the road

iliketurtles24
05-05-2012, 11:56 AM
wes j sucks

Reversed86Curse
05-05-2012, 12:36 PM
Depends if you redraft knowing what you know now, or knowing the same you did before 2010 draft

SeoulBeatz
05-05-2012, 12:42 PM

Agreed.

Hawkeye15
05-05-2012, 12:49 PM

I would add Avery Bradley as well, so I would have Lin going #8 or so.

nycericanguy
05-05-2012, 01:01 PM
Just watch him play. He isnt super athletic, he's small built, not particularly fast, has an average vertical, but he can drop buckets. The best part of it, hes humble with all the popularity he got.

Lin is very athletic and very fast, and at 6'3 200lbs he has very good size for a PG. In the pre draft workouts I believe his full speed sprints were actually faster than even Rose.

I think he just plays at a controlled pace which makes him look slow.

He would probably be a top 10 pick.

Jarvo
05-05-2012, 01:19 PM

That's what im saying!

xbrackattackx
05-05-2012, 01:23 PM
Wall
Cousins
Monroe
George
Favors
Turner
Lin
Fields
Bledsoe
Bradley
Grevious
Crawford
Davis
Udoh
Patterson
Seraphin

PleaseBeNice
05-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Lin is very athletic and very fast, and at 6'3 200lbs he has very good size for a PG. In the pre draft workouts I believe his full speed sprints were actually faster than even Rose.

I think he just plays at a controlled pace which makes him look slow.

He would probably be a top 10 pick.

Then why wasnt he drafted top 15?

Max.This
05-05-2012, 02:00 PM
Then why wasnt he drafted top 15?

He didn't get drafted because he came from a school that didn't get much media coverage for basketball. He dropped 20+ on D1 teams when he had the chance. Most importantly ppl overlooked him cause he was Asian. His sprints and ish times were faster than d rose. It's a damn fact but it doesn't mean he's better. Stop hating on the kid

DR_1
05-05-2012, 02:03 PM
Fresno's assessment mirrors mine

PleaseBeNice
05-05-2012, 02:04 PM
He didn't get drafted because he came from a school that didn't get much media coverage for basketball. He dropped 20+ on D1 teams when he had the chance. Most importantly ppl overlooked him cause he was Asian. His sprints and ish times were faster than d rose. It's a damn fact but it doesn't mean he's better. Stop hating on the kid

Asking a question is hating? Haha ok

Robbw241
05-05-2012, 02:06 PM
I'd take George after Wall.

Max.This
05-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Asking a question is hating? Haha ok

Be Honest, the only reason why your so against this kid is because he's a Knick. He went undrafted and is currently getting paid 800 grand give or take. Noone is saying hed go top 5 or over John wall but the kid is doing 10 times better than 4/5 of the players that did get drafted. That alone says that he can ball. He's overrated by the media, that is true but the kid is dropping more buckets than most ppl getn paid the same amount

netsgiantsyanks
05-05-2012, 02:15 PM
jeremy lin at #1

ManningToTyree
05-05-2012, 02:32 PM
mid lottery sounds about right.

PleaseBeNice
05-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Be Honest, the only reason why your so against this kid is because he's a Knick. He went undrafted and is currently getting paid 800 grand give or take. Noone is saying hed go top 5 or over John wall but the kid is doing 10 times better than 4/5 of the players that did get drafted. That alone says that he can ball. He's overrated by the media, that is true but the kid is dropping more buckets than most ppl getn paid the same amount
I'm not going to argue with you over this nonsense anymore after this post. Quit implying I'm against him because he's a Knick. You're bringing up irrelevant points that I have not said a word about, trying to cement your opinion. Idgaf what anyone thought of him, and he's not really doing better than 80% of the people drafted considering he's on the bench not playing. Now I understand why people hardly ever get a good discussion going in the NBA forum, because of people like you who get butt hurt over something small. Nobody can ask a freaking question about a player that plays for the Knicks without being deemed as a hater. I knew I should have never been curious about a player because I would be classified as a hater for doing so

topdog
05-05-2012, 03:34 PM
I think it's still too early to re-draft, but George and Monroe definitely should have gone higher than they did and Lin now deserves being drafted, but he had trouble just dribbling at the beginning of this year so... :shrug:

DerekRE_3
05-05-2012, 04:02 PM

I'd put Jeremy Lin at #6

7. Evan Turner
8. Avery Bradley
9. Gordon Hayward
10. Jordan Crawford
11. Landry Fields
12. Greivis Vasquez
13. Trevor Booker
14. Eric Bledsoe
15. Ed Davis
16. Patrick Patterson
17. Kevin Seraphin
18. Ekpe Udoh
19. Al-Farouq Aminu
20. Wesley Johnson

I don't see how you could take Wall over Cousins and Monroe.

NoahH
05-05-2012, 05:48 PM

My thoughts exactly :clap:

Fresno
05-07-2012, 12:02 AM
I don't see how you could take Wall over Cousins and Monroe.

Because of his potential to become a top player in the NBA.

The guy went #1 for a reason and its primarily due to the upside that comes with him rounding out his game. He's the fastest PG in the NBA with the ball in his hands and he has tremendous athletic ability which makes him a dangerous player. He's a traditional PG who looks to get his teammates involved instead of chucking up shots, & he'll take the next step as a player when he improves his jumpshot.

Why is Wall not worth the #1 pick now because of the Wizards struggles?

Sacramento & Detroit are still losing squads as well with Cousins & Monroe leading both teams, and you can make an argument both teams are more talented than the Wizards.

Catfish1314
05-07-2012, 12:14 AM

I'd put Jeremy Lin at #6

7. Evan Turner
8. Avery Bradley
9. Gordon Hayward
10. Jordan Crawford
11. Landry Fields
12. Greivis Vasquez
13. Trevor Booker
14. Eric Bledsoe
15. Ed Davis
16. Patrick Patterson
17. Kevin Seraphin
18. Ekpe Udoh
19. Al-Farouq Aminu
20. Wesley Johnson

Wall has a lot more to improve on than just his jumpshot. He's an inefficient turnover machine. And that's not solely because he plays for the Wizards. You could argue him over Cousins, who was also inefficient this year, but Cousins has more talent at a position more difficult to find talent.

I would honestly lean Monroe first overall if there was a redo. He's the most efficient and was nearly as productive as Cousins despite getting fewer touches, taking fewer shots, and having a significantly lower USG%.

NYKnicks4511
05-07-2012, 12:31 AM
As a more wary Knicks fan, I am still not fully convinced that Lin can translate his success to a full season. He went on an absolute tear. However, his turnovers rarely fluctuated and often stayed at 4 or 5 per game. For a Harvard grad who is 6'3'' and not exactly undersized, I question his decision making at times - it's not a question of physical talent (which he has enough of). His ability to play the pick and roll was great at times with Tyson, but if he can do it with Amar'e the team will become that much more dangerous.

Good player, still a mid-late first rounder at best. He came into a situation where he was surrounded by two superstars, a DPOY, and decent role players. Put a guy like Bradley and Bledsoe in his shoes and I'm sure that they would post comparable numbers, around 10 ppg, 6-8 assists, a few steals with better defense. Just telling it like it is.

spreadeagle
05-07-2012, 12:34 AM
Ed Davis has been a let kind of in Toronto, but there really is no minutes for him either. He doesnt seem to have a great work ethic though, he needs to bulk up and develop a mid range shot

topdog
05-07-2012, 12:51 AM
As a more wary Knicks fan, I am still not fully convinced that Lin can translate his success to a full season. He went on an absolute tear. However, his turnovers rarely fluctuated and often stayed at 4 or 5 per game. For a Harvard grad who is 6'3'' and not exactly undersized, I question his decision making at times - it's not a question of physical talent (which he has enough of). His ability to play the pick and roll was great at times with Tyson, but if he can do it with Amar'e the team will become that much more dangerous.

Good player, still a mid-late first rounder at best. He came into a situation where he was surrounded by two superstars, a DPOY, and decent role players. Put a guy like Bradley and Bledsoe in his shoes and I'm sure that they would post comparable numbers, around 10 ppg, 6-8 assists, a few steals with better defense. Just telling it like it is.

Nice to see a realistic Knicks fan around these parts. I would generally agree with you and I definitely think Lin deserves his props as far as finishing well at the rim and having some timely clutch shooting but he majorly benefited from D'Antoni making the goal of the offense to get him free.

kobemelo
05-07-2012, 01:01 AM
1 Wall (Wizards)
2 Cousins (Philly)
3 Turner (Nets)
4 Monroe (Wolves)
5 Favors (Kings)
6 George (GSW)
7 Patterson (Detroit)
8 Hayward (Clippers)
9 Fields (Jazz)
10 Crawford (Pacers)

Best 5 left:
Bradley
Bledsoe
Davis
Booker
Lin

(from what I remember about post 2009-10 rosters)

Becks2307
05-07-2012, 01:44 AM

LOL what?

Lin didn't benefit from any of that. Fact when lin took over the team should have lost every game but they somehow went 7-0. The lineup during that stretch was Horrible. This "decent" roles players thing is ridiculous, the Knicks had a worse lineup in almost every game they played.

Bill Walker, Jared Jeffries both averaged 35mins + during that stretch. Anyone who wins with a lineup of

Tyson Chandler
Jared Jefferies
Landry Fields
Iman Shumpert
Steve Novak
Josh Harrelson
Mike Bibby

deserves props.

Avery Bradley and Eric Bledsoe - aren't winning 7 games in a row with that lineup regardless of who they play.

DerekRE_3
05-07-2012, 02:47 AM
Because of his potential to become a top player in the NBA.

The guy went #1 for a reason and its primarily due to the upside that comes with him rounding out his game. He's the fastest PG in the NBA with the ball in his hands and he has tremendous athletic ability which makes him a dangerous player. He's a traditional PG who looks to get his teammates involved instead of chucking up shots, & he'll take the next step as a player when he improves his jumpshot.

Why is Wall not worth the #1 pick now because of the Wizards struggles?

Sacramento & Detroit are still losing squads as well with Cousins & Monroe leading both teams, and you can make an argument both teams are more talented than the Wizards.

Good point guards are much easier to find than franchise big men. As far as upside goes, Cousins has one of the highest ceilings in the league. Monroe is already a very solid player.

Wall isn't #1 worthy not because of his team, but because Cousins and Monroe are better.

Cousins has everything you look for in a franchise big. He's already one of the best rebounders in the league, on the offensive and defensive end: 1st in offensive rebound rate and 5th in defensive rebound rate.

He lead the NBA in charges. He was top 20 in steals. He has good touch from mid range has great feet in the post and I haven't seen a King with hands as good as his since Chris Webber. He can face up and drive too. The scariest part about him is he has such a long way to go.

There are athletic point guards galore in the NBA right now. There aren't many 6'11 big men who are as skilled as Cousins and Monroe are. Monroe would go #1 if all you cared about was what they could do for your team right now. Going forward it would have to be Cousins. The only person who can stop him from being the best all around big man in the league is himself.

Fresno
05-07-2012, 02:56 AM
Good point guards are much easier to find than franchise big men. As far as upside goes, Cousins has one of the highest ceilings in the league. Monroe is already a very solid player.

Wall isn't #1 worthy not because of his team, but because Cousins and Monroe are better.

Cousins has everything you look for in a franchise big. He's already one of the best rebounders in the league, on the offensive and defensive end: 1st in offensive rebound rate and 5th in defensive rebound rate.

He lead the NBA in charges. He was top 20 in steals. He has good touch from mid range has great feet in the post and I haven't seen a King with hands as good as his since Chris Webber. He can face up and drive too. The scariest part about him is he has such a long way to go.

There are athletic point guards galore in the NBA right now. There aren't many 6'11 big men who are as skilled as Cousins and Monroe are. Monroe would go #1 if all you cared about was what they could do for your team right now. Going forward it would have to be Cousins. The only person who can stop him from being the best all around big man in the league is himself.

Thats nice to hear.

Wall would still be the #1 pick.

Baller1
05-07-2012, 03:23 AM

I'd put Jeremy Lin at #6

7. Evan Turner
8. Avery Bradley
9. Gordon Hayward
10. Jordan Crawford
11. Landry Fields
12. Greivis Vasquez
13. Trevor Booker
14. Eric Bledsoe
15. Ed Davis
16. Patrick Patterson
17. Kevin Seraphin
18. Ekpe Udoh
19. Al-Farouq Aminu
20. Wesley Johnson

For the most part, nicely done.

central2003
05-07-2012, 12:25 PM
1. Demarcus Cousins
2. Greg Monroe
3. John Wall
4. Paul George
5. Derrick Favors
6. Evan Turner
7. Gordon Hayward
8. Avery Bradley
9. Jeremy Lin
10. Jordan Crawford
11. Landry Fields
12. Greivis Vasquez
13. Trevor Booker
14. Eric Bledsoe
15. Ed Davis
16. Patrick Patterson
17. Kevin Seraphin
18. Ekpe Udoh
19. Al-Farouq Aminu
20. Wesley Johnson

I think in a few years when people look back on 2010 draft. Cousins and Monroe will be the best players out of this draft and yes i believe that cousins would have been the Number 1 pick if the draft was redone.

JesusWears24
05-07-2012, 12:30 PM

Jeremy lin??? That ***** cant go left and he is a turnover machine... Undrafted, thats where he belongs. He reminds me of a JV player in high school who cant make lefthanded layups.