PDA

View Full Version : Hate Joakim Noah all you want..

Briggurlacher
05-04-2012, 10:20 PM
But don't EVER question his toughness again.

That was hard to watch.. But I LOVE his heart.

lakerboy
05-04-2012, 10:27 PM
Joakim Noah? What toughness?

Geek
05-04-2012, 10:28 PM
Yeah and don't mind that he's ugly.

JC_
05-04-2012, 10:30 PM
But don't EVER question his toughness again.

That was hard to watch.. But I LOVE his heart.

What happend?

ManRam
05-04-2012, 10:33 PM
Yeah...what happened. and, why isn't this just in the GT?

was busy watching BOS/ATL...

Avenged
05-04-2012, 10:35 PM
:confused:

Catfish1314
05-04-2012, 10:36 PM
Is this what you're talking about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEsY_QVdHxI

Briggurlacher
05-04-2012, 10:37 PM
Yeah...what happened. and, why isn't this just in the GT?

was busy watching BOS/ATL...

He stepped on a foot on a breakaway layup and rolled it TO THE GROUND.. It looks broken.

Then, Philly fans cheered LOUD when he was on the ground screaming.

Called a timeout, noah stayed in and hit both free throws.. Then couldn't even run up the court. Left the game and went to the locker room for 3min.

Came back, limping BADLY.. Hit a jumpshot, limped the whole way down and had to get taken back out.

You'll see it on sportcenter.. He is a WARRIOR, but my guess is he's done for the playoffs.

Stay classy Philly, piece of ***** fanbase.

JC_
05-04-2012, 10:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV-Klxk11Rs

bigsams50
05-04-2012, 10:38 PM
He stepped on a foot on a breakaway layup and rolled it TO THE GROUND.. It looks broken.

Called a timeout, noah stayed in and hit both free throws.. Then couldn't even run up the court. Left the game and went to the locker room for 3min.

Came back, limping BADLY.. Hit a jumpshot, limped the whole way down and had to get taken back out.

You'll see it on sportcenter.. He is a WARRIOR, but my guess is he's done for the playoffs.

Would he have been able to jump on it like that though if it was broken? This is just me hoping for the best though. Bulls have had enough injuries

Catfish1314
05-04-2012, 10:41 PM
Yeah I seriously doubt it's broken since he was hopping on it afterward. But once he stays off it for too long, it's going to be stiff and swollen as a mother****er.

Oh and yeah that was pretty embarrassing for Philadelphia.

Yankeefan213
05-04-2012, 10:43 PM
Would he have been able to jump on it like that though if it was broken? This is just me hoping for the best though. Bulls have had enough injuries

You cant stand up if its broken, I broke my ankle not too long ago and it was the best possible break you can have and I still couldnt stand.

JC_
05-04-2012, 10:43 PM
Would he have been able to jump on it like that though if it was broken?

Probably not. Theres a few different ways you can break/fracture it I think though. Hopefully, it's not serious and hopefully he didn't make it a lot worse by jumping.

xbrackattackx
05-04-2012, 10:44 PM
Yeah I seriously doubt it's broken since he was hopping on it afterward. But once he stays off it for too long, it's going to be stiff and swollen as a mother****er.

Oh and yeah that was pretty embarrassing for Philadelphia.

Agreed looks like a bad sprain. And Philly looked classless wow.

Slug3
05-04-2012, 10:44 PM
I dislike the Bulls a lot.... but I love the way Noah plays.

JC_
05-04-2012, 10:56 PM
I dislike the Bulls a lot.... but I love the way Noah plays.

He seems to have lost a bit of his spark this season but he is still a guy who wants to win and will play his *** off.

Slug3
05-04-2012, 11:00 PM
He seems to have lost a bit of his spark this season but he is still a guy who wants to win and will play his *** off.

Had some injuries here and there. I am sure losing your best player is going to also make you feel down as well. But I would love him or side show bob from the Cavs on the Heat. They are exactly what the Heat look for in players.

torocan
05-04-2012, 11:01 PM
Noah's a tough SOB.

Though honestly, after the first attempt back, he should have just stayed off. He showed his toughness. Trying to play again in the 4th may have further damaged the ankle.

It's like Rose pushing through that groin injury against the Knicks. All it did was knock him out for a month.

Not a smart choice at all.

More-Than-Most
He is a monster... I was impressed and his heart is amazing...Also love that we cheered like I said in the general game thread. Tired of people always focusing on the bad...We could do 1000 good things and 1 bad thing always wipes it away because people just have that image of us so I say **** it and embrace the hate.

penuch
Really doesn't need its own thread. IGT is perfect for this.

More-Than-Most
05-04-2012, 11:04 PM
Really doesn't need its own thread. IGT is perfect for this.

Disagree...His grit and toughness was flat out amazing. He got a lot of crap in the past and its good to have something positive about someone every once in a while when 90 percent of the basketball threads are usually people *****ing about the heat or Lebron or officiating

penuch
05-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Disagree...His grit and toughness was flat out amazing. He got a lot of crap in the past and its good to have something positive about someone every once in a while when 90 percent of the basketball threads are usually people *****ing about the heat or Lebron of officiating

So should I make a thread every time a player grits out a game or a play after getting injured?

I agree he showed toughness. That being said it is plain stupid for a coach to allow his player to go back in after that. Some injuries you play through, others you just have to call it a day and hope you're ready for the next game. You need to look longterm at that point and not just the one game.

Slug3
05-04-2012, 11:12 PM
So should I make a thread every time a player grits out a game or a play after getting injured?

I agree he showed toughness. That being said it is plain stupid for a coach to allow his player to go back in after that. Some injuries you play through, others you just have to call it a day and hope you're ready for the next game. You need to look longterm at that point and not just the one game.

I mean if you dont agree with the thread you could always just not post.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-04-2012, 11:17 PM

:laugh2:

Because your fan base, or any fan base for that matter, hasn't laughed at anyone's expense before.

:rolleyes:

t_money25
05-04-2012, 11:21 PM
I'm not a Noah fan at all but the guy plays with passion and heart, never backs down from anyone despite not being very physically gifted. Gotta respect that about him.

Jarvo
05-04-2012, 11:22 PM
Damn

akia83
05-04-2012, 11:29 PM
Noah is my favorite player, but going back in the 4th was stupid as hell.

bholly
05-04-2012, 11:40 PM
Huge credit to Noah for the toughness tonight. He was a real warrior out there.

Huge discredit to the fans that boo'd, but also to the people who are pretending it's only Philly fans who do that or that it's all Philly fans that are like that. Every fanbase has *******s. Like two weeks ago people said the same **** about how only LAL fans would cheer Artest off after the elbow. All fanbases have *******s and they pretty much all have moments like this. You can't say 'so typical of [insert city] fans, only they'd act like this' every single time any fan of any city acts badly.

JC_
05-04-2012, 11:42 PM
..But I would love him or side show bob from the Cavs on the Heat. They are exactly what the Heat look for in players.

For sure.

justinnum1
05-04-2012, 11:48 PM
aldridge
Noah on crutches just made from Sixers' X-ray room --slowly -- to visitors' training room. Crutches playing way too big a role for Bulls.

he's done

h2r09
05-04-2012, 11:54 PM
nobody questions his toughness. we question his effectiveness on the court and his odor off of it.

Bulls_fan90
05-04-2012, 11:55 PM

Because your fan base, or any fan base for that matter, hasn't laughed at anyone's expense before.

And your point? Still is a classless move regardless which fan base is guilty of doing it. I'd say the same thing if it were Bulls fans cheering an injury.

Kashmir13579
05-05-2012, 12:22 AM
Love Noah.

2-ONE-5
05-05-2012, 12:29 AM
maybe if Noah didnt act like such a douch he wouldnt of got booed. I had enough of him and those lame *** guns. he wasnt carted off, its the playoffs, you lost and you got booed. get over it

h2r09
05-05-2012, 12:34 AM
ya, the guns have to go. you have to hit a jump shot more than every once in a while to go with the double guns.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-05-2012, 01:08 AM

And your point? Still is a classless move regardless which fan base is guilty of doing it. I'd say the same thing if it were Bulls fans cheering an injury.

Others point out a flaw yet they will blatantly act that same flaw too. If you point it out, good for you. But there will still be those that make fun of other people's misery yet would do the exact same if the situations were reversed.

I can guarantee the OP and some Bulls fans are more inclined to pull the same **** of cheering/booing towards the 76ers misery as 'revenge' that the 76ers crowd cheered when Noah was on the floor.

Hence, why call them classless when those who called out the 76ers crowd will pull the same crap if a 76ers player suffers a setback? Then those people actually have the audacity to justify their argument by saying "76ers crowd did it so I can too".

We both know it'll happen. Sooner or later.

CoffeeJanitor
05-05-2012, 01:38 PM
Thibs was a moron last night. Cool that Noah tried, but what was the point after the 2nd time he went down?

Cubby
05-05-2012, 01:49 PM
maybe if Noah didnt act like such a douch he wouldnt of got booed. I had enough of him and those lame *** guns. he wasnt carted off, its the playoffs, you lost and you got booed. get over it

Class. Less.

therealwd27
05-05-2012, 01:59 PM
I never hated a player or person for that matter more than Noah. But coming back into the game was a strong effort. But its the playoffs unless your pulse stopped you do what it takes to come back. Rondo did it last year against the HEAT with a dislocated shoulder and played with 1 arm

Knowledge
05-05-2012, 02:07 PM
It was a tough injury to watch and it is a shame that his injury was laughed at, but Im sure the people in the crowd thought that he was flopping or acting to draw a foul at first because once the reply was shown everyone got quite and applauded as he got up from the injury.

Personally, as a Eagles fans, I have seen games the last couple of years where opposing teams try to take out Vick and opposing crowds cheer when he is laying on the ground. Most arent cheering for him to get seriously hurt (at least I hope not), they just want him out of the game.

Robbw241
05-05-2012, 02:09 PM
He's not very tough. And ugly

John Walls Era
05-05-2012, 02:14 PM
Bulls fans upset with others laughing at Noah's injuries? You know what they say about karma. Anyways its in Philly, they are known for being very ruthless and passionate.

Cubby
05-05-2012, 02:25 PM
Bulls fans upset with others laughing at Noah's injuries? You know what they say about karma. Anyways its in Philly, they are known for being very ruthless and passionate.

Enlighten me as to what I have done, since every Bulls fan is obviously exactly the same?

TheIlladelph16
05-05-2012, 02:27 PM
Huge credit to Noah for the toughness tonight. He was a real warrior out there.

Huge discredit to the fans that boo'd, but also to the people who are pretending it's only Philly fans who do that or that it's all Philly fans that are like that. Every fanbase has *******s. Like two weeks ago people said the same **** about how only LAL fans would cheer Artest off after the elbow. All fanbases have *******s and they pretty much all have moments like this. You can't say 'so typical of [insert city] fans, only they'd act like this' every single time any fan of any city acts badly.

Thank you. Don't lump an entire fanbase in with a group of *******s. Show some respect when a player is hurt fans smh

Crackadalic
05-05-2012, 02:27 PM
I would love to have a guy like Noah on my team. Pure heart and hustle. Can't stand playing against him though

The Final Boss
05-05-2012, 02:29 PM

You do understand that more than half of the people in attendance are plastered drunk, right? I'm not saying it's an excuses for booing Noah's bum ***, but they know not what they're doing to an extent. Don't be like the rest of the clowns in the NBA forum who judge Lakers fans from what they hear on TV.

krazylegz
05-05-2012, 02:36 PM
he can be a jerk,but nobody plays with as much heart as him and cleveland's andy varejo..

Pealvin
05-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Regardless of the outcome of the series... athletes need to reconsider playing in Philly! Their fan base is the worse. They cheer when players get injured and they boo their team relentlessly at times. Real classy.

xbrackattackx
05-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Love me some Noah, would trade Mcbob,Murphy,Ebanks and glocke all for him. Lol.

Lim
05-05-2012, 03:19 PM
hes also a moron. he most likely exacerbated his injury and hindered the bulls chances at a title even more because he was "tough". if he stayed in the locker room and got the proper treatment, there is a good chance he isn't on crutches right now..

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-05-2012, 03:20 PM
He's tough if you want to call it that, but he's not playing in game 4, according to ESPN.

Gram
05-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Joakim Noah.

FreakaNashur
05-05-2012, 03:35 PM
hes also a moron. he most likely exacerbated his injury and hindered the bulls chances at a title even more because he was "tough". if he stayed in the locker room and got the proper treatment, there is a good chance he isn't on crutches right now..
that's just it. bulls chances at the title were slim, with him or without him.

2-ONE-5
05-05-2012, 03:57 PM
yea I hate the notion players get for being "tough" bcuz they try to play through an injury when in reality they (or the coach) is an idiot for being out there when you can barely move.

Cubby
05-05-2012, 04:21 PM
yea I hate the notion players get for being "tough" bcuz they try to play through an injury when in reality they (or the coach) is an idiot for being out there when you can barely move.

He's an idiot, but you have the grammar of a fourth grader. Weird.

He's not the idiot. The training staff is ******** for letting him play. Get it right, holy ****.

NoahH
05-05-2012, 05:25 PM
That was ROWDY. :clap: I couldn't believe he came back and tried to play. It was actually hard to watch.

GoPacers33
05-05-2012, 05:28 PM
I still hate him lol

Raph12
05-05-2012, 05:32 PM
This is why centers shouldn't be running the point in transition...

*Superman*
05-05-2012, 05:54 PM
That was maybe the nastiest thing that I've seen, and someone attempt to play through it.

Kudos to him, I've never doubted his effort.

PleaseBeNice
05-05-2012, 06:15 PM
Is this what you're talking about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEsY_QVdHxI

OW OW! That looked REALLY bad. I did the same thing 2 years ago and tore all my ligaments down there, lost 10" off my vertical too :(