PDA

View Full Version : Henry Abbort Agenda getting destroyed by Kurt Rambis

C-Style
05-04-2012, 08:20 PM
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7890511

From 5:50

Complete Ether... had abbort in silence.

ManRam
05-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Abbott is incredibly smart. I'm going to give this a listen, but I tend to believe that whatever Abbott is thinking/saying comes from a really sound and thought-out place. He puts work into things and really crunches the numbers and really digs into things...he doesn't just spew stuff...

I don't get how stating the facts is spewing an "agenda". He's not making stuff up here...and nothing he said about Kobe is false...in fact, it's the opposite; it's fact.

I hear absolutey no "ethering" :laugh: You can try to explain/make excuses to pretend like the numbers are lying, but the numbers really aren't. That gap in usage and eFG% (or TS%, whichever he used) is alarming...and extremely telling.

I don't see an agenda either. Hahaha...

Abbott, like most of the world, thinks Bynum needs more touches. Do you disagree? I think it's common sense. Let the guy who can make it close to 60% of the time get more shots than the guy who makes it 40% of the time. Right?

I do agree that a lot of Bynum's touches are within the flow of the offense and off of other's hard work. Rarely do they force him the ball in poor position and just let him go at it. A lot of it is getting the ball in good position after the defense has been broken down.

And Rambis is a Kobe guy. Sometimes he's stretching to make excuses here. A lot of what he says seems spot-on (I won't question his logic...he clearly is smarter than me)...but again, I don't see any "ethering". :laugh2:

I'm actually really mad I just wasted 5 minutes of my life waiting for Abbott to be "ethered". That was very average and mundane discussion.

Kinkotheclown
05-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Nice! Thanks

J4KOP99
05-04-2012, 08:42 PM
Abbott is incredibly smart. I'm going to give this a listen, but I tend to believe that whatever Abbott is thinking/saying comes from a really sound and thought-out place. He puts work into things and really crunches the numbers and really digs into things...he doesn't just spew stuff...

I don't get how stating the facts is spewing an "agenda". He's not making stuff up here...and nothing he said about Kobe is false...in fact, it's the opposite; it's fact.

I hear absolutey no "ethering" :laugh: You can try to explain/make excuses to pretend like the numbers are lying, but the numbers really aren't. That gap in usage and eFG% (or TS%, whichever he used) is alarming...and extremely telling.

I don't see an agenda either. Hahaha...

Abbott, like most of the world, thinks Bynum needs more touches. Do you disagree? I think it's common sense. Let the guy who can make it close to 60% of the time get more shots than the guy who makes it 40% of the time. Right?

I do agree that a lot of Bynum's touches are within the flow of the offense and off of other's hard work. Rarely do they force him the ball in poor position and just let him go at it. A lot of it is getting the ball in good position after the defense has been broken down.

And Rambis is a Kobe guy. Sometimes he's stretching to make excuses here. A lot of what he says seems spot-on (I won't question his logic...he clearly is smarter than me)...but again, I don't see any "ethering". :laugh2:

I'm actually really mad I just wasted 5 minutes of my life waiting for Abbott to be "ethered". That was very average and mundane discussion.

A lot of your points have been touched on in the other thread in the NBA forum talking about Bynum's touches.

ManRam
05-04-2012, 08:45 PM
I wish I responded: what are you talking about? I see no "getting destroyed" here.

:laugh:

Seriously though...there's nothing to this discussion.

shep33
05-04-2012, 08:59 PM
I just don't like Abbot lol. He's a smart guy, but he targets the Lakers a lot more than other teams. I dunno, maybe it's just me, but it just seems like he tries to question us whenever he has the chance.

Chronz
05-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Let me guess he brings up the hand grenade possessions that every star player gets.

ManRam
05-04-2012, 09:06 PM
I just don't like Abbot lol. He's a smart guy, but he targets the Lakers a lot more than other teams. I dunno, maybe it's just me, but it just seems like he tries to question us whenever he has the chance.

I definitely think he's not a fan of the Lakers...but still, it's not like he's posing invalid question based on invalid premises? I don't get why people get so upset when that's the case? Just because he's not gushing over them? He just stated the facts, and asked Rambis to respond. There was no agenda, and there was no "destroying" or "ethering". He might not like the Lakers, but what's wrong with posing questions based on facts and trying to figure out the underlying issue? Nothing. Debate would suck if everyone tried to sugarcoat things.

Actually, he's a pretty big Bynum fan. If he has a beef with anything, it's Kobe. And a lot of "stat-geeks" or whatever you wanna call them tend to feel the same way, and there might be a good reason why.

Chronz
05-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Listening just now, what exactly are you talking about Laker fan? He brings up the same issue that Bynum has with Bosh and Bron, Amare and Melo.

iam brett favre
05-04-2012, 09:07 PM
I literally heard no argument or anything...:shrug:

ManRam
05-04-2012, 09:10 PM
I literally heard no argument or anything...:shrug:

Yeah. Abbott just asks a few questions, and Rambis answers :laugh: He doesn't even once even suggest that Abbott is wrong (or Abbott's stats).

I don't get this thread honestly...

And is "Henry Abbort" just a bad play on words, or what? :laugh2:

iam brett favre
05-04-2012, 09:16 PM
:laugh2: I'm so confused and disappointed with this thread.

tredigs
05-04-2012, 09:24 PM
OP failure. Jesus.

gotoHcarolina52
05-04-2012, 09:30 PM
C-Style's agenda getting DESTROYED by PSD

iam brett favre
05-04-2012, 09:32 PM
"Complete ether"....:laugh:

rickshaw
05-04-2012, 09:32 PM
I wish this thread would get henry abborted

C-Style
05-04-2012, 09:43 PM
.........................//)
......................,/..//
...................../..../ /
.............//'...'/`
........../'/.../..../......./\
........('(...(........,~/'...')
.........\.................\/..../
..........''...\.......... _.
............\..............(
..............\.............\

kblo247
05-04-2012, 09:47 PM
I definitely think he's not a fan of the Lakers...but still, it's not like he's posing invalid question based on invalid premises? I don't get why people get so upset when that's the case? Just because he's not gushing over them? He just stated the facts, and asked Rambis to respond. There was no agenda, and there was no "destroying" or "ethering". He might not like the Lakers, but what's wrong with posing questions based on facts and trying to figure out the underlying issue? Nothing. Debate would suck if everyone tried to sugarcoat things.

Actually, he's a pretty big Bynum fan. If he has a beef with anything, it's Kobe. And a lot of "stat-geeks" or whatever you wanna call them tend to feel the same way, and there might be a good reason why.

Retort to stat geeks - 5 rings

I think Kobe's long winded troll interview constitutes ether more so than this tame discussionc

shep33
05-04-2012, 09:58 PM

I agree, there is no agenda. What he's saying is true, and he actually brings up some pretty intersting statistics (accurate too), but I just wish he'd pick on other teams more lol. That's my complaint with him. I swear it seems like he writes more negative things about us (or Kobe) than anybody else. That being said, the guy is a numbers genius much like Hollinger.

ManRam
05-04-2012, 10:11 PM
Retort to stat geeks - 5 rings

I think Kobe's long winded troll interview constitutes ether more so than this tame discussionc

And stat geeks laugh at that retort :laugh2:

It's fun!

ManRam
05-04-2012, 10:13 PM
I agree, there is no agenda. What he's saying is true, and he actually brings up some pretty intersting statistics (accurate too), but I just wish he'd pick on other teams more lol. That's my complaint with him. I swear it seems like he writes more negative things about us (or Kobe) than anybody else. That being said, the guy is a numbers genius much like Hollinger.

He is without a doubt more harshly critical of Kobe than anyone else. For sure. Whether it's fair or not, IDK. I think there's bias there, but maybe the bias comes from sound reasoning and his complex understanding of stats.

IDK. Critics make things fun. There are as many Kobephiles as there are Kobephobes. They balance out...and it's fine. I can't hate the guy for being constantly critical of the guy, especially so long as he's coming from a basis of reasoning that is sound...and he usually is.

PatsSoxKnicks
05-04-2012, 10:23 PM
Kobephile fail