PDA

View Full Version : Glen Taylor looking for successor as Minnesota Timberwolves Owner

CoffeeJanitor
05-04-2012, 06:46 PM
Taylor told The Associated Press on Friday that he is looking to add a minority partner who could buy a part of the team that includes an option to buy Taylor out after observing the day-to-day operations of running a professional sports team.

Taylor said he has yet to speak to any specific candidates, but made it clear that one of the biggest priorities for him will be a commitment to keeping the Timberwolves in Minnesota.

"I could find somebody to buy the team. That's not my problem," Taylor said at his office at Taylor Corp., a privately held printing and marketing giant. "I have to find someone that's committed to here. It's always best if it would be a Minnesotan. I'm telling you I don't know that's the way it's going to work out. I haven't had a lot of Minnesotans step up."
http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/150235225.html

Nice of him to try and keep the team in state.

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Sell it to KG after the Big Ticket retires from the game. :D

gbrl
05-04-2012, 07:58 PM
pretty weird time to sell them, now that they have great potential

topdog
05-04-2012, 08:08 PM
pretty weird time to sell them, now that they have great potential

He's not trying to sell majority ownership and he might just be riding this wave to get someone interested. To be clear: he wants a minority partner who will have a future clause to assume control of the team as long as they keep them in Minnesota.

For all the **** small market owners get, it's nice to have an article about someone who regularly spent money to win and who is thinking ahead to make sure his home state has an NBA team for years to come :clap:

THE GIPPER
05-04-2012, 08:38 PM
So to be clear, he wants a minority owner who will eventually take full control?

iamsteel
05-05-2012, 01:32 AM
Just wait till tomorrow, when I win the lottery