PDA

View Full Version : Phillies fan here...

eagles1baby4me
05-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Just wanted to reach out...our offense is struggling...long shot here but is Bautista available...and if so, at what cost? We have some top pitching prospects and also proven young talent in Worley and Mayberry Jr....thoughts?

Abdul Mutalib
05-04-2012, 04:48 PM
lol i dont think he is but no reason for mgmt to listen to offers. he has a pretty reasonable contract but his trade value isnt exactly the highest it could be right now.

North Yorker
05-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Our offense is struggling too somewhat, and what AA would want in return PHI wouldnt be willing to part with. The 2 teams also dont match up too well trade wise.

mtf
05-04-2012, 05:05 PM
Well, Anthopoulos would be the guy to ask.

In his absence, I'll merely tell you that selling low (and this would be as low as it could be for Bautista) is not a tactic that good general managers employ.

That being said, to employ a bit of common sense, I'd say that it's likely that everyone is available at the right price.

Toxeryll
05-04-2012, 05:05 PM
halladay, lee and hamels would be enough

town123
05-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Your GM is probably inquiring about Kelly Johnson and probably trying to sell Toronto on Domenic Brown. Just saying.

lexecutioner
05-04-2012, 05:25 PM
IMO I dont see the Jays trading JoeyBats. Even if he is struggling now ill say it would take a lot for him to be move not saying he deserves it but its just he brings so much to the table not just his game. (big influence on the growing latin community player on Jays) That being said i could see AA wanting Dombrown+Worley (by that time or just when you mention one of those Amaro will hang up)+ another low prospect maybe. Its one of the trade that both party wont make because it doesnt make sense right now.

Personally I will take Vance Worley (Im not sure he will be available specially with Hamels maybe out of there and rotation is getting old) They didnt gave up on Dom brown before so why now?

town123
05-04-2012, 05:32 PM
Hi Phillies fan. AA here. Could you please tell Senor Amaro that as a loyal Phillie fan, you demand, repeat DEMAND that he trades for Adam Lind..... or else.

JMac4PM
05-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Phillies fan?!?!? GTFO!!!

JMac4PM
05-04-2012, 06:03 PM
....our you'll hafta deal with Kramer Champlin.

scaramantula
05-04-2012, 08:19 PM
lololol at anyone thinking that people in these forums know anything about what AA is thinking

TO Rapz
05-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Well I would have to say that literally every player in this league is technically available. I don't obviously know Anthopolous, but the man is a good GM, and he would obviously listen to offers on anyone on this team/system, however I don't think he's "willing/fielding/eagerly looking to move" Jose especially with his value so low. It's pretty much a "you can try, but most likely no dice" situation with Jose.

Abdul Mutalib
05-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Well I would have to say that literally every player in this league is technically available. I don't obviously know Anthopolous, but the man is a good GM, and he would obviously listen to offers on anyone on this team/system, however I don't think he's "willing/fielding/eagerly looking to move" Jose especially with his value so low. It's pretty much a "you can try, but most likely no dice" situation with Jose.
if u talk about lind on the other hand, he might listen more intently

TO Rapz
05-04-2012, 08:40 PM
if u talk about lind on the other hand, he might listen more intently

Hahah, can't say I disagree, not a fan of Lind at ALL.

masTOR_shake1
05-04-2012, 11:36 PM
given his super club friendly contract, you guys would have to empty the farm big time but A.A has to be open to anything. the true strenght of this club is our farm and to add to an already super, super stacked farm system might be enticing. the jays are trying to draw more fans, rebuild the culture and be in the mix now though, so the realist in me wouldn't bet on jose being dealt at all.

Sanyo
05-05-2012, 12:27 AM
Joey Bats with a 2 run bomb today, value increased to 4 prospects....could be down to 3 tomorrow or 5 if he gets back to his old ways...

nithanyo
05-05-2012, 12:31 AM
Halladay or no deal :)

scottythegreat1
05-05-2012, 01:00 AM
Jose Bautista and Adam Lind for Ryan Howard, Shane Victorino and 10 million dollars and its a done deal...at least if I were AA.

EDIT: Assume all player waive their no trade clauses.

mtf
05-05-2012, 01:48 AM
Jose Bautista and Adam Lind for Ryan Howard, Shane Victorino and 10 million dollars and its a done deal...at least if I were AA.

I'm going to assume your suggestion is genuine, in which case I must ask why would you want to do this? That would be a horrible deal.

I'm with you guys, you know the group over there with the torches and pitchforks calling for Adam Lind to be exiled from Toronto, but why would you package Bautista with him for 2 aging, expensive and overrated commodities?

Sanyo
05-05-2012, 02:23 AM
I would rather get some top tier prospects for Bautista then some overpriced player that Rogers would never bring anyways. Its the prospects who are getting it done for the Jays now (Alvarez, Drabek, Lawrie, etc)...you can easily get a top of the rotation potential prospect (think Trevor Bauer-ish) or a big bat potential like Nolan Arenado (who could be converted to 1st base) who would bring more value for me ....

Toxeryll
05-05-2012, 02:48 AM

good thing ur not the gm.

Nica
05-05-2012, 09:04 AM
Now why would the Jays want to deal our best player when we are going to be in the mix come Sept ? It will likely the Jays dealing some of their depth for an impact player in order to make a run this year.
Bautista is signed long term and for a good price. With all the mercenary tactics displayed by FA's his loyalty and leadership is refreshing. I would be very disappointed if he doesn't retire as a Jay. Hopefully will take over 1b when one of Marisnick/ Gose takes the next step.

At this point the Jays need an upgraded bat and arm. I've hear names like LaHair and Butler ( yes !!) tossed around. I wonder if the Rockies would ever consider moving Cargo ? No offense meant to Jamie Moyer but your team is sorely lacking in arms when you trot him out there every 5 days and he's currently your ace ! Couple of young live arms, a Lind( cause Helton is olllldddd) and maybe JPA( who would rake in Coors).

As for arms I can't help but keep thinking about Javier Vazquez. He was dominant in the second half of last year and he is a still a FA. I've read he really isn't interested in playing but money talks.

Nica
05-05-2012, 09:12 AM
I would rather get some top tier prospects for Bautista then some overpriced player that Rogers would never bring anyways. Its the prospects who are getting it done for the Jays now (Alvarez, Drabek, Lawrie, etc)...you can easily get a top of the rotation potential prospect (think Trevor Bauer-ish) or a big bat potential like Nolan Arenado (who could be converted to 1st base) who would bring more value for me ....

Those two prospects are both really enticing. Arizona could easily afford to deal an arm for some power. They might as well have Lind/ JPA as most of their infield are x-Jays anyway. Arenado is going to be a monster. No doubt about that. But at this point I think the Jays as so close to contending that it should be them dealing some prospects for a finishing piece(s).

AFlagRules
05-05-2012, 07:59 PM
You trade Jose if you want to lose.
You keep Jose if you want to win.

koreancabbage
05-05-2012, 08:19 PM
You trade Jose if you want to lose.
You keep Jose if you want to win.

he is one of the best hitters in baseball for sure.

but no player is untradeable/untouchable. risk and rewards when it comes to trades. Sure, I would certainly love to replace to Lind at first and I would love a catcher that can hit .275+

UNLESS something blows our minds in a trade, i.e trade partner overrates Bautista, and we steal the prospects/ptichers/young players that can help us grow into a better team, FOR SURE

AFlagRules
05-05-2012, 10:08 PM
he is one of the best hitters in baseball for sure.

but no player is untradeable/untouchable. risk and rewards when it comes to trades. Sure, I would certainly love to replace to Lind at first and I would love a catcher that can hit .275+

UNLESS something blows our minds in a trade, i.e trade partner overrates Bautista, and we steal the prospects/ptichers/young players that can help us grow into a better team, FOR SURE

That's the thing though.. We don't NEED any prospects or ANY ONE to replace Bautista. We already have a loaded farm, but how can you replace a top 5 hitter in the ENTIRE game?

You can't. So you trade him if you plan on losing but you keep him if you want to win and right now, we want to win. So I think that he's pretty much untradeable.

Eagles4Lyfe
05-05-2012, 10:31 PM
I have to say the OP has a great mind and username. I wonder where he got such a great idea for such a name:p

bartron_44
05-07-2012, 11:36 AM
Hamels and Ruiz, along with prospects Trevor May,Jarred Cosart and Jonathan Singleton....For Bautista and JPA.

The Phillies offense could get scary by the end of the year , and they would still have Doc,Lee and Worley as their top 3 once the playoffs come around...

Victorino(CF)
Utley(2B)
Bautista(RF)
Howard(1B)
Pence(LF)
Polanco/Wigginton(3B)
JPA(C)
Rollins(SS)

AA09-?
05-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Hamels and Ruiz, along with prospects Trevor May,Jarred Cosart and Jonathan Singleton....For Bautista and JPA.

The Phillies offense could get scary by the end of the year , and they would still have Doc,Lee and Worley as their top 3 once the playoffs come around...

Victorino(CF)
Utley(2B)
Bautista(RF)
Howard(1B)
Pence(LF)
Polanco/Wigginton(3B)
JPA(C)
Rollins(SS)

Would this be with a window to sign Cole long term?

bartron_44
05-07-2012, 02:14 PM
Would this be with a window to sign Cole long term?

definitely. If not then no deal.

anotherqtip420
05-07-2012, 05:27 PM
That's the thing though.. We don't NEED any prospects or ANY ONE to replace Bautista. We already have a loaded farm, but how can you replace a top 5 hitter in the ENTIRE game?

You can't. So you trade him if you plan on losing but you keep him if you want to win and right now, we want to win. So I think that he's pretty much untradeable.

Actually we do need prospects. Our farm system is stacked with pitchers with the exceptions of D'Arnaud,Marsnick,Gose and Hech who else do we have?? If JBau could get us a SP & 1st BM(those two have to be able to step in and help ASAP) and some prospects then why not. AA is a prospect whore and has no inclination to going out and signing young FA but rather trade for them or draft them.

2009mvp
05-07-2012, 05:47 PM
Actually we do need prospects. Our farm system is stacked with pitchers with the exceptions of D'Arnaud,Marsnick,Gose and Hech who else do we have?? If JBau could get us a SP & 1st BM(those two have to be able to step in and help ASAP) and some prospects then why not. AA is a prospect whore and has no inclination to going out and signing young FA but rather trade for them or draft them.

Such a ridiculous notion. When he took the job the goal was obviously to rebuild this thing from the ground up, starting with the farm system. Now that he's got an elite farm system and a handful of players at the big league level who could be pieces on a WS contender you don't continue swapping big leaguers (especially elite ones locked up to well below-market contracts) for lottery ticket prospects.