PDA

View Full Version : Wade has accepted the Robin role.

Longhornfan1234
05-04-2012, 11:47 AM
He plays less minutes and takes less shots. Do you think Wade accepting the Robin role helps the Heat's chances to win the championship?

Raps18-19 Champ
05-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Lebron's the better player. Though I wouldn't really call Wade's a 'Robin' role.

beasted86
05-04-2012, 11:59 AM
Did you know the NBA has over 400 players?

Yet, all of your posts are about LeBron or Wade.

miller74
05-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Its whats best for Lebron and the Heat IMO

Longhornfan1234
05-04-2012, 12:13 PM

Calm down Wade stan.

LeBron is my favorite player...and Wade happens to play Robin on my favorite player's team.

Swashcuff
05-04-2012, 12:16 PM
LeBron first needs to prove that he deserves to be Batman (when it matters most) before Wade can truly take the Robin role.

TheWhiteMamba
05-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Only until the 4th qtr of close games.

Sinestro
05-04-2012, 12:18 PM

Yup

Cfrey
05-04-2012, 12:23 PM
funny how its still "only til the fourth quarter comes" when he dropped 17 in the fourth last night lol...

he's treated as if he has never scored a fourth quarter bucket in his life lmao

and yes wade is robin now

Raph12
05-04-2012, 12:24 PM
I wouldn't call it Robin necesarily, it's more like Batman to Lebron's Superman; you don't see him nearly as much, but he's always there when it matters the most.

Longhornfan1234
05-04-2012, 12:25 PM

:facepalm:

LeBron's 4th quarter numbers are far superior than Wade's.

~Iggy~
05-04-2012, 12:28 PM
Batman and Robin? More like Batman and Superman.

naps
05-04-2012, 12:28 PM
Both of them are batmen with Chris Bosh as the Robin.

Cfrey
05-04-2012, 12:29 PM
its bron who is Batman 1a and wade is Batman 1b

then Bosh is just a banana peel on the side of the street

Longhornfan1234
05-04-2012, 12:33 PM
its bron who is Batman 1a and wade is Batman 1b

Last year, yes. This year, no.

Max.This
05-04-2012, 12:35 PM
funny how its still "only til the fourth quarter comes" when he dropped 17 in the fourth last night lol...

he's treated as if he has never scored a fourth quarter bucket in his life lmao

and yes wade is robin now

You watched him drop 17 in the 4th against the Knicks in the playoffs. Ppl are talking about pressure moments like last year in the finals against a high caliber team. Even you could drop 20 against the Knicks last night

Celticsfan2007
05-04-2012, 12:36 PM
He plays less minutes and takes less shots. Do you think Wade accepting the Robin role helps the Heat's chances to win the championship?

Hey man I know you like Lebron and Wade, but I just wanted to get your take on Hassan Whiteside. Do you think he could be the next Shaq?

Cal827
05-04-2012, 12:37 PM
Both of them are batmen with Chris Bosh as the Robin.

lol, that must be one crowded batmobile.

Anyways, I like the Batman/Superman comparison that people are bringing up. Both can lead a team without the other (as we saw yesterday lol), but are hell to deal with together.

Cfrey
05-04-2012, 12:39 PM
You watched him drop 17 in the 4th against the Knicks in the playoffs. Ppl are talking about pressure moments like last year in the finals against a high caliber team. Even you could drop 20 against the Knicks last night

You're right, I could drop 20 but that's because I have a wet ball.. Steve Novak like but more deadly...

and even still.. I don't care who it was against.. He isn't a no show in the fourth.. he played bad in the finals but how did they get there? with clutch plays against the bulls and the celtics.. literally put the celtics away by himself in the fourth and nobody talks about it lol..

you all can remember the bad and then for some reason that becomes his reality even though it isn't all the time?? lol

beasted86
05-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Calm down Wade stan.

LeBron is my favorite player...and Wade happens to play Robin on my favorite player's team.

You admittedly aren't a Wade fan or a HEAT fan.

Yet 75% of your posts involve Wade or the HEAT, and aren't solely about LeBron. Do you think anything seems out of place with that?

Cal827
05-04-2012, 12:43 PM
I'll say, It will be really funny if Lebron messes up in the Finals again, but Wade Goes 2006 HAM and they win the title cause of it... I don't think another playoff MVP would be given to the "Robin" :D

bowieinspace
05-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Lebron is batman. Wade is superman swooping in to save close fourth quarters. Bosh is robin. Spoelstra is the joker. Since its a joke to call him a coach.

LakersKB24
05-04-2012, 12:52 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/26/batman-gay-grant-morrison-superhero-comics_n_1456878.html
Wade probably read this article and just doesn't want to be Batman anymore...

Teeboy1487
05-04-2012, 01:00 PM
More like 1B to me. Wade is just as dangerous as Lebron. That is what makes the Heat so tough to beat.

Slug3
05-04-2012, 01:04 PM
Everyone knows longhorn is Wades ex wife.

iam brett favre
05-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Is there anything more annoying than the "White hot" thing the Heat band..fans are putting in their sigs? Ugh.

shizzle09
05-04-2012, 01:11 PM
This is too funny. Carried wade through the playoffs. We should be champs but lebron FAILED to show up. This is wades team no matter what u think. We only love lebron because he's on our team. Don't get it twisted. Lbj will never win a ring unless him and wade ball. Wade has a ring chump!!!

Lil Rhody
05-04-2012, 01:17 PM
hahahahaha yeah untill its crunch time in game 6 or 7 when they need to win to stay in we shall see. you cant say he has accepted this Robin role cause no one has used the bat signal yet........... wait untill they are down a game and are losing before you make this statement

shizzle09
05-04-2012, 01:18 PM
This guy is good at what he does. Creates anti wade threads and we all bite.

The Prodigy
05-04-2012, 01:23 PM

Im pretty sure Wade is fine playing the "Robin" role that you speak of for Lebron if it helps them both reach their goal and win a championship. All Wade cares about is winning. Wade will constantly show up when he needs to and when it matters the most such as the Finals last year for example. Atleast Wade will play the "Robin" role, but why couldnt Lebron atleast fill that role for Wade last year in the finals when Wade was playing Batman?

mustaine
05-04-2012, 01:28 PM
They are both "the man" on that team in my opinion, they just pick up the slack for each other. I really don't like the Heat and I'm a Bulls fan but they've got it good. Two excellent players who defer to one another given the situation. I think they've both come to terms with their personal weaknesses and complement each other in the perfect way (not to forget their third wheel, who is pretty good as well). They really are the most dangerous team in the NBA at the moment because of those two, hopefully someone will figure out a way to beat them but at this moment in time they are favorites in my opinion. It really does help their case that they'll probably have an easier way to the finals than any team in the West. Not that I should be taking anything away from them, they are a very good team.

Still hoping for a Bulls miracle though...

If the Bulls fail... I'll be supporting whoever else than the Heat, starting with the Spurs ;)

Longhornfan1234
05-04-2012, 01:30 PM
This is too funny. Carried wade through the playoffs. We should be champs but lebron FAILED to show up. This is wades team no matter what u think. We only love lebron because he's on our team. Don't get it twisted. Lbj will never win a ring unless him and wade ball. Wade has a ring chump!!!

Did you watch the Sixers, Celtics, and Bulls series? LeBron was tired in the finals because he carried his team for 3 series.

Longhornfan1234
05-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Im pretty sure Wade is fine playing the "Robin" role that you speak of for Lebron if it helps them both reach their goal and win a championship. All Wade cares about is winning. Wade will constantly show up when he needs to and when it matters the most such as the Finals last year for example. Atleast Wade will play the "Robin" role, but why couldnt Lebron atleast fill that role for Wade last year in the finals when Wade was playing Batman?

LeBron was fatigued...IMO!

da ThRONe
05-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Did Jordan prove himself before Pippen assumed the Robin role?

Somebody has to step back and the Heat are a better team when that person is Wade.

The Prodigy
05-04-2012, 01:47 PM
LeBron was fatigued...IMO!

Thats just an excuse. If you looked at the stats and watched the game you would see what really happened. The both played great in the Sixers series but that series didnt really matter at all. Against the Celtics again they both played great. Then during the Bulls both Lebron and Bosh played great but they still got some sort of contribution from Wade with clutch plays offensively and defensively. Then during the Finals Lebron shied away from the moment and gave Wade no help. Even Bosh outplayed Lebron in the Finals. It happened against the Spurs when he went to Finals before. Hopefully it doesnt happen again this year when/if we make it. I dont care who carries who, even if Wade is my favorite player, as long as the Heat win.

justinnum1
05-04-2012, 01:53 PM
Siohvaughn, thats not you, is it?

I can't tell if longhorn is Siohvaughn, or a minor who idolizes lebron and is a former cavs fan.

Chronz
05-04-2012, 01:54 PM
Thats just an excuse. If you looked at the stats and watched the game you would see what really happened. The both played great in the Sixers series but that series didnt really matter at all. Against the Celtics again they both played great. Then during the Bulls both Lebron and Bosh played great but they still got some sort of contribution from Wade with clutch plays offensively and defensively. Then during the Finals Lebron shied away from the moment and gave Wade no help. Even Bosh outplayed Lebron in the Finals. It happened against the Spurs when he went to Finals before. Hopefully it doesnt happen again this year when/if we make it. I dont care who carries who, even if Wade is my favorite player, as long as the Heat win.
Thats not true, Wade played worse against Chicago than Bron did against Dallas. The only difference is Bosh was magnificent against Chicago and shot 40% against Dallas.

And if you watched the games, Bron was fading away defensively towards the end. When an otherwise elite defender starts losing his presence, its a sign of tired legs.

You can chalk it up as an excuse, but it doesnt change the fact that Spo road Bron hard on route to the Finals, much harder than he rode Wade, nor does it change the fact that Bron had the better defenders/schemes on him. Its not that surprising that Wade showed up and Bron was gassed. None of this exonerates them for losing but lets get our facts straight.

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-04-2012, 01:55 PM
It's an interesting dynamic that both Kobe and LeBron have. LeBron is trying to get back the role that he once had as the king of Cleveland when he was the Batman. He know he needs to be this in order for Miami to be successful. Meanwhile in LA, with the emergence of Andrew Bynum, as these playoffs roll on, Kobe understands that he needs to get back to the Robin role that he once had in the 3 titles with Shaq in the beginning of his career so that he can continue winning championships. However, it's all about mentality and DNA. LeBron is trying to become the Batman, but his end game and pressure moment intangibles are still of a Robin, while Kobe still has the Mamba DNA, which shows that it's naturally in him to still be the Batman. Both guys have to morph into what the other is to be successful this yr and going forward.

The Prodigy
05-04-2012, 02:03 PM
Thats not true, Wade played worse against Chicago than Bron did against Dallas. The only difference is Bosh was magnificent against Chicago and shot 40% against Dallas.

And if you watched the games, Bron was fading away defensively towards the end. When an otherwise elite defender starts losing his presence, its a sign of tired legs.

You can chalk it up as an excuse, but it doesnt change the fact that Spo road Bron hard on route to the Finals, much harder than he rode Wade, nor does it change the fact that Bron had the better defenders/schemes on him. Its not that surprising that Wade showed up and Bron was gassed. None of this exonerates them for losing but lets get our facts straight.

Wade also hit big shots and had big defensive plays against Chicago while Lebron just sat at the 3pt line during the Mavs series and rarely got to the free throw line.

Fnom11
05-04-2012, 02:05 PM
The Heat are more like the Justice League. Lebron=Batman, Wade=Flash, Bosh=Aqua Man.

t_money25
05-04-2012, 02:08 PM
I don't get why people use batman and robin as an example when talking about Wade and Lebron. The only era when Batman and Robin got along was during the Adam West days. In all of the recent Batman movies Robin didn't like Batman because he would get all of the credit and attention. Robin would do anything in his power to steal Batman's thunder. That relationship is far from Wade and Lebron's.....

JordansBulls
05-04-2012, 02:14 PM
LeBron first needs to prove that he deserves to be Batman (when it matters most) before Wade can truly take the Robin role.

And show he can clearly play better than Wade when it matters most as well.

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-04-2012, 02:15 PM
The Heat are more like the Justice League. Lebron=Batman, Wade=Flash, Bosh=Aqua Man.

They're more like the SuperFriends Club of America. They're like 8 yrs old who after school is out, they get together and dress up in superhero costumes inside the bedroom and jump around in the room acting like superheroes and then Mrs. Bosh comes up and knocks on the door and says: Christopher, get your two friends down here, I've warmed up some milk for you and made some of my delicious home-made chocolate chip cookies!!!!!!! :D

JordansBulls
05-04-2012, 02:16 PM

:superman:

Batman always shows up and figures out a way to win when it matters most.:)

ldawg
05-04-2012, 02:36 PM
He has no choice Lebron is the bigger stronger player and shoots a higher percentage. They both cant have the ball. IMO they should trade Wade for Howard. Lebron,Bosh and Howard would dominate the nba for the next decade. They Would win at the least 4 rings. It would put them up there with pip/mj, Kobe/Shaq as far as pure dominance. Wade,Lebron,Bosh success is more base on opponents health. Most teams a banged up and Miami has a cake walk to the Finals.

Fnom11
05-04-2012, 02:42 PM
They're more like the SuperFriends Club of America. They're like 8 yrs old who after school is out, they get together and dress up in superhero costumes inside the bedroom and jump around in the room acting like superheroes and then Mrs. Bosh comes up and knocks on the door and says: Christopher, get your two friends down here, I've warmed up some milk for you and made some of my delicious home-made chocolate chip cookies!!!!!!! :D

Sounds like a damn good day

NoahH
05-04-2012, 02:47 PM
Yes, it is better for the HEAT. LeBron is the better player. They will win the championship this year.

ldawg
05-04-2012, 02:47 PM
:superman:

Batman always shows up and figures out a way to win when it matters most.:)Bosh is more like Wonder Woman

Wade>You
05-04-2012, 02:48 PM
This isn't the first time Wade has deferred. He's the consummate team player. Despite being one of (if not) the best performer in the Olympics, he was willing to come off the bench in order to accommodate larger egos. Very rare for a player of his caliber.

fishedz
05-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Hope so....that way the choke machine will miss the last shot.

ldawg
05-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Yes, it is better for the HEAT. LeBron is the better player. They will win the championship this year.might the rest of the teams are hurt. They will go to the finals for sure to face Lakers, Spurs or OKC. Celtics will tune them up but will fade in the end. Miami will have the best chance going up against OKC in the Finals. Lakers bench hurts them but they can be a hand full if Blake and Barnes find their groove. Spurs is Deep and well Oiled they will sneak up on you.

mjm07
05-04-2012, 02:58 PM
He has no choice Lebron is the bigger stronger player and shoots a higher percentage. They both cant have the ball. IMO they should trade Wade for Howard. Lebron,Bosh and Howard would dominate the nba for the next decade. They Would win at the least 4 rings. It would put them up there with pip/mj, Kobe/Shaq as far as pure dominance. Wade,Lebron,Bosh success is more base on opponents health. Most teams a banged up and Miami has a cake walk to the Finals.

A healthy case can be made that Miami would still be favored to win in every series if NY, Orl, Bos, Chi etc teams were healthy. So GTFOH w/ that BS

BTW Wade isnt' going anywhere. The HEAT can win championships with the Big 3 while yrly improving the bench

But keep hating ;)

Meaze_Gibson
05-04-2012, 02:59 PM
Bron is a better overall player but I don't trust him at the biggest stage. He pulled one of the worst disappearances in the NBA Playoffs I have ever "witnessed". I can think of Wade having a terrible series against bulls but still making game changing defensive plays in the series. I can't think of one single thing Bron did in finals last year. Wade's Bulls series was better than Bron's Mavs series.

Also, for those who remember, it was marion who switched off and had to guard wade, while bron was being guarded in post by deshawn stevensen, Jason Terry, And Jason Kidd. The mavs focused on stopping wade, not bron.

Bron is great but I will not trust dude leading ever again until he makes the key offensive and defensive plays at the biggest stage.

ldawg
05-04-2012, 03:00 PM
First round has 3 good match up 6 teams with less than 25% chance if winning the title.

ldawg
05-04-2012, 03:03 PM
A healthy case can be made that Miami would still be favored to win in every series if NY, Orl, Bos, Chi etc teams were healthy. So GTFOH w/ that BS

BTW Wade isnt' going anywhere. The HEAT can win championships with the Big 3 while yrly improving the bench

But keep hating ;)No they are still beatable. Howard make them less beatable more dominant. They dont have that Player you fear inside. A Healthy Bulls, Celtics and Hawks can push the Heat to a 7 game series possible knock them out if the refs stay out of it. Knicks problem goes beyond health but Once again Heat are not dominant. They have a good chance to win this year depends on who come out the West.

nycsports2
05-04-2012, 03:05 PM

or the knicks.. since theres currently 5 threads in the top 10

RaiderLakersA's
05-04-2012, 03:21 PM
Some games Wade will be Batman. Other games LeBron will be Batman. The Heat system hasn't quite yet figured out how to get the best out of both at the same time. When/if they hire a coaching genius that knows how to do that, watch out!!!!

As it stands, they are going to the Finals and may even win it all, depending on who comes out of the West.