PDA

View Full Version : Amar'e and Lin to NOLA for a 1st rounder and Emeka Okafor

IMANster21
05-04-2012, 11:24 AM
Unfortunately with Amare's huge contract and overall decline in production our options for trading him are very limited, however there are some low market teams that would definitely take a look at a trade offer, especially if we included Lin in the deal. The Hornets, for example, are still attempting to recuperate from the loss of Chris Paul this offseason, and while Carl Landry and Gustavo Ayon have provided some contribution to the 4 spot, there is an obvious void at the position since David West left for Indy last season. New Orleans, having two first round draft picks this year, would still be able to hold on to one of their 2012 first rounders while filling two starting positions in the process. While I love what Lin has done for our city, I think we should trade him while his trade value is still high, and kill two birds with one stone by getting rid of Amar'e in the process. Any thoughts?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
05-04-2012, 11:28 AM
Isn't Lin a restricted free agent this summer? He would have to agree to a sign and trade. Not sure the new owners of the Hornets want Amare's contract.

IMANster21
05-04-2012, 11:46 AM
Yes Lin is a free agent and would have to agree to a sign and trade, but Emeka still has $40 mil left on his 6 year deal that carried over from the Bobcats as well. Besides Emeka and Ariza NOLA doesn't really have any substantial contracts that would prevent Amar'e from being able to go there. Realistically the Knicks would probably have to add another cheap player in the deal like Tony Douglas and take on another big contract like Ariza's in order to match up the cap space, but at least you know you're going to get consistency on both sides of the court from those guys unlike Amar'e.

IndyFan
05-04-2012, 12:37 PM
this is another 'dump our crap on a small market team' trade. amare is owed $65M or so over 3 yrs, okafor $30M over 2. so this trade is basically NOH giving up $30M and a first for nothing.

bholly
05-05-2012, 01:02 AM
Yeah, there's no way NOH touch that.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
05-09-2012, 12:00 PM
There was a rumor though that the Hornets would package the Wolves pick if a team ate Okafor salary. But I don't seem they taking a worse contract in Amare.

RiLoc
06-03-2012, 05:28 AM
I think NOLA would rather amnesty Okafor than take that trade. The 65 million dollars left on that uninsured contract is going to be very hard to move. For most teams, the risk isn't worth the potential gain Amar'e represents.

aussie
06-03-2012, 08:23 AM
yeah no chance we do that, and tbh you Knicks fans are overrating Lin very much all based on that 2 week stint he had

flatbush knicks
06-03-2012, 03:03 PM
what the hell are we going to do at pg take lin out of it and hell yeah but i doubt the hornets would do that

Vinny642
06-03-2012, 06:55 PM
Lmao naaa im good without Amare, he doesnt fit our scheme, and we already have Jack and Vasquez, we dont need Lin, especially for the 10th pick

King41
06-04-2012, 01:51 PM
omg bad trade

HouRealCoach
06-14-2012, 01:30 PM
When will you guys realize that Zeke isn't running the Knicks anymore? The days of having different starting lineups are gone.. Knicks will keep the team they have together