PDA

View Full Version : Knicks have lost 13 playoff games in a row

Chronz
05-04-2012, 12:15 AM
When will their misery end? Has anyone ever suffered so much playoff futility consecutively?

Wade>You
05-04-2012, 12:16 AM
When will their misery end? Has anyone ever suffered so much playoff futility consecutively?

The Knicks ; 13 in a row.

Sactown
05-04-2012, 12:19 AM
Which is a record previous was memphis at 12

Donuts365
05-04-2012, 12:36 AM
we shell see

Chronz

LOL 13, someone fix my title

Cal827

:clap: This is the first time, I've ever seen Chronz lose in any way....

I think the apocalypse is coming... EVERYBODY RUN FOR THE BOMB SHELTERS!

On the serious note, I think next season, they'll break the streak... It's amazing that their last playoff win came against the Raptors 11 years ago. The following has occured since then:

Lakers add two more titles to the three-peat
San Antonio Spurs establish Dynansty
Lakers put up hall of fame team.... just to lose to the "no-name" pistons in the "five-game sweep"
Lebron James was drafted
Lebron James carried a team of crap to the finals
Lebron James' decision
Heat get to finals and win under one of the best ever finals performances from Wade.
The Boondocks introduced the character "A Pimp Named Slickback"
Paul George grown about 6 feet
Lakers add another 2 titles
Big three forms in Boston
Brian Scalabraine upgraded to god status.
Lebron James lost his fourth quarter
Dallas finally wins NBA Title

Feel free to add to the list lol

Big Zo
05-04-2012, 12:45 AM
The Mecca! lol

Six-8-TheWizard
05-04-2012, 12:48 AM
:clap: This is the first time, I've ever seen Chronz lose in any way....

I think the apocalypse is coming... EVERYBODY RUN FOR THE BOMB SHELTERS!

On the serious note, I think next season, they'll break the streak... It's amazing that their last playoff win came against the Raptors 11 years ago. The following has occured since then:

Lakers add two more titles to the three-peat
San Antonio Spurs establish Dynansty
Lakers put up hall of fame team.... just to lose to the "no-name" pistons in the "five-game sweep"
Lebron James was drafted
Lebron James carried a team of crap to the finals
Lebron James' decision
Heat get to finals and win under one of the best ever finals performances from Wade.
The Boondocks introduced the character "A Pimp Named Slickback"
Paul George grown about 6 feet
Lakers add another 2 titles
Big three forms in Boston
Brian Scalabraine upgraded to god status.
Lebron James lost his fourth quarter
Dallas finally wins NBA Title

:laugh:

Six-8-TheWizard
05-04-2012, 12:50 AM
Also I found it hilarious during the game where they showed clips from the last Knick win over the raptors and saw Latrell Sprewell scoring over like Keon Clark.

PurpleJesus
05-04-2012, 12:50 AM
shhh...dont tell Knick fans, that might take them out of their delusion that they are still the most relevant team in the league.

D1JM
05-04-2012, 12:51 AM
chronz got hacked. simple explanation to the mistake in the thread title

Gators123
05-04-2012, 12:53 AM
Amare-

"The Knicks are back"

Cal827
05-04-2012, 12:56 AM
Also I found it hilarious during the game where they showed clips from the last Knick win and saw Latrell Sprewell scoring over like Keon Clark.

Lol ah those were the days... Now I think that Latrell is trying to evade Wisconsin while adhering to his choking fetish.. While Keon Clark is happy living on an island with his lifetime supply of dope from the Raptor GMs... it's the only way to understand some of their decisions lol

RC3
05-04-2012, 12:58 AM
Bait thread for all the knick bashers.

bholly
05-04-2012, 01:00 AM
Aside from the 13 consecutive losses, is it the longest active streak without a playoff win? I know the Bobcats have never had one, but they haven't been around that whole time.

TeamSeattle
05-04-2012, 01:02 AM
Who really cares about this stuff anyways expect for stat geeks. If our team got there and yours didn't can you really talk though, just saying.

bholly
05-04-2012, 01:04 AM
Who really cares about this stuff anyways expect for stat geeks. If our team got there and yours didn't can you really talk though, just saying.

That's sort of what I was looking for with my question, though. If it was just the longest streak of losses, then teams who hadn't even gotten to the playoffs couldn't really criticize.
I had a quick look, though, and it looks like every team except the Bobcats has had a win since then, and they haven't even been around the whole time. So I think every team has the right to criticize.

Cal827
05-04-2012, 01:06 AM
Some fans are so sensitive... come on, have a little comic relief over your team's flaws. It's just a game after all.

gotoHcarolina52
05-04-2012, 01:14 AM
The Heat need to win on Sunday to extend this thing. It would be a shame for such a good thing to go to waste.

ChaseHamels
05-04-2012, 01:20 AM
13 Losses in a row.... thats not a bait thread... thats a I feel sorry for you thread.

Max.This
05-04-2012, 01:31 AM
The Mecca! lol

... whats that supposed to mean. People get drafted and traded here... their not born in New York

Evolution23
05-04-2012, 01:59 AM
Last season's playoffs- Melo vs the Celtics
This season's playoffs- Melo vs the Heat

I wounder if that had anything to do with 13 straight loses.

Six-8-TheWizard
05-04-2012, 02:03 AM
Lol ah those were the days... Now I think that Latrell is trying to evade Wisconsin while adhering to his choking fetish.. While Keon Clark is happy living on an island with his lifetime supply of dope from the Raptor GMs... it's the only way to understand some of their decisions lol

I thought I read somewhere that Keon Clark was in prison now lol.

THE MTL
05-04-2012, 02:07 AM
Eh I think that statistic is blown out of proportion. They are dating 4 losses all the way back to 2003....when we were swept by Jason Kidd's Nets. That was a whole different era of basketball and 9 years ago.

Now I can understand if it was all within the same era like within the past 5 years.

Oh well, maybe if the Knicks get swept it'll light a fire on that @$$ for next season. I know Melo and especially Amare must be embarrassed.

bholly
05-04-2012, 02:18 AM
Last season's playoffs- Melo vs the Celtics
This season's playoffs- Melo vs the Heat

I wounder if that had anything to do with 13 straight loses.

Everyone understands why it happened, explaining it again doesn't change anything.

PC
05-04-2012, 02:35 AM

No, we just set the record:win:

:confused:

:sigh:

Becks2307
05-04-2012, 02:55 AM
leggoo knicks game 4 sunday!

NoahH
05-04-2012, 03:02 AM
:clap: that's an accomplishment. i think you have to try to be that bad

NoahH
05-04-2012, 03:03 AM
Eh I think that statistic is blown out of proportion. They are dating 4 losses all the way back to 2003....when we were swept by Jason Kidd's Nets. That was a whole different era of basketball and 9 years ago.

Now I can understand if it was all within the same era like within the past 5 years.

Oh well, maybe if the Knicks get swept it'll light a fire on that @$$ for next season. I know Melo and especially Amare must be embarrassed.

yeah because it lit a fire under their *** after they got swept by Boston last year :rolleyes:

Chronz
05-04-2012, 03:04 AM
Lol nice list cal

Chronz
05-04-2012, 03:06 AM

So getting swept last year didn't light a fire ?

bholly
05-04-2012, 03:24 AM
List of NBA teams by year of their most recent playoff win, as of right now.
(I think it's right, but it's possible there is a mistake or two).

2011-12
Atlanta
Boston
Chicago
Indiana
Los Angeles Clippers
Los Angeles Lakers
Memphis
Miami
Oklahoma City
Orlando
Philadelphia
San Antonio

2010-11
Dallas
Denver
New Orleans
Portland

2009-10
Cleveland
Milwaukee
Phoenix
Utah

2008-09
Houston

2007-08
Detroit
Toronto
Washington

2006-07
Golden State
New Jersey

2005-06
Sacramento

2003-04
Minnesota

2000-01
New York

Never
Charlotte Bobcats (Formed 2004-05)
Also worth noting the Charlotte Hornets won a playoff game in their last season, 2001-02

So after New York it's Minny then Sacramento who've gone the longest without a win.
Maybe someone could figure out the other longest active losing streaks, but I can't imagine there are any that are very long.

b@llhog24
05-04-2012, 04:07 AM
Amare-

Ironic.

KnickNyKnick
05-04-2012, 07:05 AM
Bait thread for all the knick bashers.

dont worry. youll see alot more when miami doesn't win the finals.

They may be good enough to beat a broken knicks team. but i just cant see them beating OKC/Lakers

TylerSL
05-04-2012, 08:19 AM
Every team in the league, exepct for the Bobcats who became a team in 2004, has won at least 5 playoffs games since the Knicks last playoff win. Ouch....

knicksfan42
05-04-2012, 08:21 AM
:dance:

theheatles
05-04-2012, 09:02 AM
game 4 is going to be huge, miami needs to add another 350 days to the knicks streak

jp611
05-04-2012, 09:04 AM
They need to play better in the regular season and get a favorable seed if they want to start winning some playoff games

corky831
05-04-2012, 09:24 AM
I hate the heat, but I enjoy seeing them smack the **** outta the knicks....reason being: team and fan base were extremely cocky thinking they were unstoppable when truly they are average at best. They were probably better suited for the Lottery this yr than this embarrassing performance.

jimbobjarree
05-04-2012, 09:28 AM
yeah they need to be at least the 5 or 4 seed next year to bust this streak, unless of course Melo exerts a performance of pure superhuman will to drag them to 3-1 after game 4.

beasted86
05-04-2012, 09:36 AM
yeah they need to be at least the 5 or 4 seed next year to bust this streak, unless of course Melo exerts a performance of pure superhuman will to drag them to 3-1 after game 4.

If he does that, give him all the credit... but I think the HEAT are trying to make a dedicated effort on learning to close out a series when ahead.

raiderfaninTX
05-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Whats funny is I remember before the season knick fans making threads with this title

"Will the knicks have the best big 3 in the league?"

Asking if cp3 amare and melo were better than the heat

Before he was even traded LOL

nycericanguy
05-04-2012, 10:19 AM
I hate the heat, but I enjoy seeing them smack the **** outta the knicks....reason being: team and fan base were extremely cocky thinking they were unstoppable when truly they are average at best. They were probably better suited for the Lottery this yr than this embarrassing performance.

See, this is just piling on and making stuff up. I find alot of people are always making things up about Knick fans, including that guy that creates accounts every week posing as a Knick fan saying dumb things. People go through extremes because of their hate for a franchise based on things they made up themselves...personally I don;t get it.

Because I've been a Knick fan a long time, and I'm always in the forum, and aside from maybe a lunatic or two, I don't think I've heard anyone saying the Knicks are unstoppable.

Most Knick fans just wanted to make it a series against MIA. But the truth is MIA is just too good right now. Knicks at 100% full strength might have had a punchers chance, but they are too banged up to even win a game.

oak2455
05-04-2012, 11:12 AM

See, this is just piling on and making stuff up. I find alot of people are always making things up about Knick fans, including that guy that creates accounts every week posing as a Knick fan saying dumb things. People go through extremes because of their hate for a franchise based on things they made up themselves...personally I don;t get it.

Because I've been a Knick fan a long time, and I'm always in the forum, and aside from maybe a lunatic or two, I don't think I've heard anyone saying the Knicks are unstoppable.

Most Knick fans just wanted to make it a series against MIA. But the truth is MIA is just too good right now. Knicks at 100% full strength might have had a punchers chance, but they are too banged up to even win a game.

I think if this is corky http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1vT5xfrtTsSXa8bwRfjL2DyObEJ8Ej Er46BzTdKd7r78O5VM1 maybe thats why he's getting a little lost:D

beasted86
05-04-2012, 11:33 AM

Not buying it, especially from you... one off the more outspoken, non-levelheaded Knicks posters from a majority of the season. I'm not going to waste my time and go into the search engine to quote past posts of yours, but you've done enough homerish trash talking.

But I will say this, the majority of Knicks fans aren't that bad. Don't let the handful of 15 or so NBA forum regulars spoil it for maybe the 100 or more regulars in the Knicks team forum. But this goes for every fanbase on PSD.

Da Knicks
05-04-2012, 11:46 AM
Keep the hate coming!!!

blahblahyoutoo
05-04-2012, 11:50 AM
it'll be 14 straight on sunday.
melo with worst playoff winning %.
melo with worst playoff shooting %.
melo with another 1st round exit.

nycericanguy
05-04-2012, 12:05 PM
Not buying it, especially from you... one off the more outspoken, non-levelheaded Knicks posters from a majority of the season. I'm not going to waste my time and go into the search engine to quote past posts of yours, but you've done enough homerish trash talking.

But I will say this, the majority of Knicks fans aren't that bad. Don't let the handful of 15 or so NBA forum regulars spoil it for maybe the 100 or more regulars in the Knicks team forum. But this goes for every fanbase on PSD.

:confused: not sure if you meant to quote me, but I'm pretty sure if you ask anyone in this forum they would say the complete opposite about me.

Il Mago50
05-04-2012, 12:10 PM
The Knicks will never again win an NBA playoff game.

Seriously though, that team has settled for mediocrity by the way they built that team. You basically capped yourself for the next half decade to two selfish me-first players. By the time you actually get your act together, Chandler will be well on the wrong side of 30 and will lose a step.

Simply put...Bobcats will be better then you before you win a championship again

Pierzynski4Prez
05-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Keep the hate coming!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dzxef1muoQ&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL0D874C3986C17D5C

NYflightboy
05-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Settin' records *****es!!! Holla!

blahblahyoutoo
05-04-2012, 12:21 PM
:confused: not sure if you meant to quote me, but I'm pretty sure if you ask anyone in this forum they would say the complete opposite about me.

yea, nycamericanguy is one of the more impartial knicks members here.

Blitzbolt
05-04-2012, 12:23 PM
I don't hate the Knicks but Thank You very much we are now off the record books yay!!

NYflightboy
05-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Going to be in attendance for #14. Setting the bar high like whoa!

PleaseBeNice
05-04-2012, 01:13 PM
Sick of hearing the excuse of "oh look who we are playing what do you expect?" LOL basically you're saying "look at us we cant even squeak ONE win out against these teams, we aren't good". And if you want to complain about who you are playing, maybe you shouldn't have QUIT on D'antoni in the regular season and you could of been playing a team other than the Heat

beasted86
05-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Sick of hearing the excuse of "oh look who we are playing what do you expect?" LOL basically you're saying "look at us we cant even squeak ONE win out against these teams, we aren't good". And if you want to complain about who you are playing, maybe you shouldn't have QUIT on D'antoni in the regular season and you could of been playing a team other than the Heat

I have to somewhat agree.

Wade willed the HEAT to at least 1 win over the 2009-10 Celtics team that later went to the Finals. He averaged 33.2 PPG, 56% FG, 40% 3PT, 5.6 REB, 6.8 AST, 1.6 BLK, 1.6 STL. You have to do whatever it takes to win, even if it's only win one game to save face.

Carmelo needs to carry the Knicks and play like an unstoppable monster to prove his worth.

Chronz
05-04-2012, 01:38 PM
I have to somewhat agree.

Wade willed the HEAT to at least 1 win over the 2009-10 Celtics team that later went to the Finals. He averaged 33.2 PPG, 56% FG, 40% 3PT, 5.6 REB, 6.8 AST, 1.6 BLK, 1.6 STL. You have to do whatever it takes to win, even if it's only win one game to save face.

Carmelo needs to carry the Knicks and play like an unstoppable monster to prove his worth.
This belongs in the other thread, I will copy and paste it there

Jumi
05-04-2012, 01:41 PM
The Knicks are making all my smack talking before this series look noobish!!! The team has the players to give Miami a serious run!! It's over now and I can accept that. I was wrong!! With that being said......

If I were Lin, I'd try to get outta New York! It's not the place for him. A move to Portland or Orlando would suit him well. Not those teams in particular, but a place where he can grow as a player. It won't happen in New York.

Carmelo wants to be the "man" but doesn't perform like the "man"! Wouldn't it be shocking if Denver can at least win one game against LA and the Knicks get swept!

Damn, Melo, legends are made in the playoffs!!!!!!! At least don't get swept!!!!!

selassi3
05-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Losing Streak Started Against The Raptors When We Swept Them in 01

Punk
05-04-2012, 02:12 PM
That will happen if you enter the playoffs against championship teams in the 1st round and struggle with injuries.

We should have never been a 7th or 6th seed the last 2 seasons. Hopefully next season we will clinch a higher seed and face an easier team.

If we start out next season, 18-6 again that puts in a much better position come playoff time to face an inexperienced 8th seed or 7th seed team.

gotoHcarolina52
05-04-2012, 02:23 PM
That will happen if you enter the playoffs against championship teams in the 1st round and struggle with injuries.

We should have never been a 7th or 6th seed the last 2 seasons. Hopefully next season we will clinch a higher seed and face an easier team.

If we start out next season, 18-6 again that puts in a much better position come playoff time to face an inexperienced 8th seed or 7th seed team.

Knicks are going to be the 1st or 2nd seed it the East next year? :speechless:

Wade>You
05-04-2012, 02:26 PM
Their record with Lin when they were healthy was good, and they hadn't played together for a very long time. To me, they have the talent and it's not crazy to think that once they get a full year of experience, build chemistry, and stay healthy, they're gonna be one of the top teams in the East.

DoMeFavors
05-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Instead of trying to get better positioning in the playoffs, shouldnt you try to improve the roster? Okay they win 1 series they still have to face the heat every year. This Knick roster aint cutting it, Amare has to go.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-04-2012, 02:35 PM

You do know you can make the injury excuse for every team this season, right?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-04-2012, 04:04 PM

You dont dissapoint me Punk:laugh::laugh::laugh:

JC_
05-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Keep the hate coming!!!

Congratulations Da Knicks!!!

It's time to celebrate!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M&ob=av3n

:clap::clap::dance2::dance2::dance2::clap::clap:

bholly
05-04-2012, 09:17 PM

Maybe not unstoppable, but go back and read the preseason prediction threads. It was an auto facepalm and abuse if you didn't have the Knicks finishing in the top 4. There were a huge number of Knicks fans who weren't just confident like other fans (who understand and accept that others don't rate their team as highly), but instead assumed it was an absolute given that everybody should acknowledge that they'd be a top 4 team for sure, even though there was no convincing basis for that other than the fans' optimism.
Any time anyone put forward any concern about depth and injury risk or coaching or how the team would gel - all things that actually ended up being problems like many thought - they were abused and labelled 'haters' who just couldn't handle how good the Knicks were going to be or whatever.
Seriously, go back and read the prediction threads and you'll see a whole lot of what I mean.

I don't think many insisted they would be unstoppable, but there was a huge amount of feeling from Knicks fans that they were a certain contender and inevitable top 4 team and that it was disrespectful and stupid to have doubts about that. I think that's more what people mean.

BGeer091
05-04-2012, 09:34 PM
It's disappointed to be decimated by all the injuries. Over this what 10 year drought, its been just like wth can we catch a break.

The Marbury era should have produced way better results. Im not saying championships, or division titles. Im just saying we should have been in the playoffs and won some games.

I've never been more disappointed in the Knicks then I am now. Healthy I thought they could upset the heat. Without Lin, Stat, and Shumpert I thought we'd steal a game or 2. I mean last year everyone played hard despite the injuries. This year theres very few players playing hard. Well I should say giving it everything they've got for 48 minutes. I feel like they mentally are defeated. It pisses me off so much because since 96 i've watched every game. I've been obsessed with the Knicks.

Right now though I wanna tell the Knicks to piss off and never watch them again. However I love them too much to ever turn away from them.

GO NY GO NY GO!!!

new york blue
05-04-2012, 09:43 PM
13 in a row, growing on 14.
But the last 8 are in two series in which they were underdogs to begin with and had serious injuries.
Not clear what this means except that ***** happens...

gotoHcarolina52
05-04-2012, 09:48 PM
It's disappointed to be decimated by all the injuries. Over this what 10 year drought, its been just like wth can we catch a break.

The Marbury era should have produced way better results. Im not saying championships, or division titles. Im just saying we should have been in the playoffs and won some games.

I've never been more disappointed in the Knicks then I am now. Healthy I thought they could upset the heat. Without Lin, Stat, and Shumpert I thought we'd steal a game or 2. I mean last year everyone played hard despite the injuries. This year theres very few players playing hard. Well I should say giving it everything they've got for 48 minutes. I feel like they mentally are defeated. It pisses me off so much because since 96 i've watched every game. I've been obsessed with the Knicks.

Right now though I wanna tell the Knicks to piss off and never watch them again. However I love them too much to ever turn away from them.

GO NY GO NY GO!!!

It's not about playing hard, it's about Miami being too fast, too athletic, and too prepared, especially on defense. Most Knicks fans had were overly-delusional in their expectations. But I wouldn't expect any less from them.

KnickNyKnick
05-05-2012, 11:32 AM
It's not about playing hard, it's about Miami being too fast, too athletic, and too prepared, especially on defense. Most Knicks fans had were overly-delusional in their expectations. But I wouldn't expect any less from them.

lol you're very ego minded eh? delusional? you have band wagoner written on your forehead. so you're basically saying that if it wasn't about miami being too fast, too athletic, and too prepared and as star packed as they are then you wouldn't root for them? why wouldn't any fan in any city in any match up situation not have high expectations for their team?

thats why the knick fanbase is bashed on cause good or bad on paper we will root them on. not delusional but loyal no matter the challenge. Any thing less, then what kind of fans would we be? rhetorical question by the way.

BANDWAGON FAN!! is the answer if you were to slow to pick that up.

im guessing you were a lakers fan before miamis big 3 eh? or would that be when shaq joined the heat? :facepalm:

Crackadalic
05-05-2012, 02:41 PM
If not tomorrow then we will next year. No doubt

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-05-2012, 02:42 PM
I guess they're working on 14, because they will get swept tomorrow.