PDA

View Full Version : Power Rankings based on playoffs so far and expectations

Wade>You
05-02-2012, 10:09 PM
(leaving my team out)

This is what I have:

1. Spurs (look like the Spurs of old, Stephen Jackson looks rejuvenated, Big 3 look good, dark horse to reach the Finals)
2. Thunder (Great team, the Dallas series is the only thing stopping them from being #1)
3. Lakers (better than expected after losing LO and a suspended Ron Artest, Bynum coming into his own, Kobe playing great)
4. Mavericks (Have kept it very close against the Thunder and could easily be up 2-0. Better than expected after a slow start to the season)
5. Bulls (Derrick Rose, tough loss for them, nuff said, still competitive)
6. Clippers (they've got talent and a lot of unrealized potential, that's the only reason they're up so high at the moment, but talent alone doesn't win games)
7. Grizzlies (very tough and physical team, but losing after having a 27pt lead leaves me with doubts)
8. Celtics (Better than expected, need to get healthy, could end up in ECF)
9. Hawks (More experienced, getting better, another candidate to make the ECF)
10. 76ers (very tough,physical, pesky, they could easily be up a few more spots, yet another candidate to reach the ECF)
11. Pacers (good young team, only getting better, have a lot to prove if they wanna move up though, starts with beating the Magic)
12. Knicks (injuries, tough matchup against the Heat, but mainly injuries)
13. Magic (no Dwight Howard, nuff said, a scrappy team nonetheless)
14. Nuggets (fun team to watch, but they're not expected to be great any time with the current core)
15. Jazz (getting beat down by the Spurs, still need to add more pieces)

Avenged
05-02-2012, 10:12 PM
Disagree with your Mavs pick. #4 when they haven't won 1 playoff game.

Cal827
05-02-2012, 10:16 PM
Nice list. I agree with most of the spots... but I would move Boston and Clippers over Mavs/Bulls. I know they have fought hard, but the point is that one team is down 2-0 and the other lost home court advantage as well as their star.

Wade>You
05-02-2012, 10:17 PM
Disagree with your Mavs pick. #4 when they haven't won 1 playoff game.I disagree with myself on a lot of picks, it's not easy. With the Mavs, they could've been up 2-0, which probably would've been the talk of the playoffs so far mostly because the Thunder are heavy favorites in the West.

Raph12
05-02-2012, 10:22 PM
I like that we're not last...

Wade>You
05-02-2012, 10:23 PM
Nice list. I agree with most of the spots... but I would move Boston and Clippers over Mavs/Bulls. I know they have fought hard, but the point is that one team is down 2-0 and the other lost home court advantage as well as their star.Those are valid points, definitely have me thinking twice about Mavs and Bulls. I guess I'm giving them a benefit of the doubt based on a gut feeling. I could be very wrong.

Corey
05-02-2012, 10:23 PM
1) Spurs
2) Heat
3) Thunder
4) Lakers

Everyone else

thekmp211
05-02-2012, 10:32 PM
celtics to me have vaulted up into that contenders list, mostly due to the win last night as well as rose's injury.

keep a couple things in mind. boston absolutely has miami's number - we can hang with them and the match-ups are good.

and, i'll say it again and again and again, they are the only EC team as currently constructed to win a championship.

still to me the spurs and heat are the nominal favorites and i would love to watch that series. thunder are a year off imo, they still shoot too many jumpers. lakers are right there as well. those 5 teams have a shot imo,

Cal827
05-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Those are valid points, definitely have me thinking twice about Mavs and Bulls. I guess I'm giving them a benefit of the doubt based on a gut feeling. I could be very wrong.

lol don't worry man, it's all opinion.

I've thought a little more about the bottom of your list and I think I would put New York last. Utah and Denver are more feel good stories over anything else: Both are young and will get better in the next few years. New York on the other hand look to basically be set in their roster for the next few years, just lost someone for their future for this season + more in Shumpert, have lost both games pretty badly, lost Amar'e in a 1v1 match with a Fire Extinguisher, and even when he's in, him and Melo are having problems meshing.... Sorry Knick fans :D

iamsteel
05-02-2012, 11:05 PM
Why are the spurs a dark horse? They were #1 seed.

1. Heat
2. Spurs
3. Thunder
4. Lakers
5. Celtics
6. Pacers
7. Grizzlies
8. Bulls
9. Clippers
10. Hawks
11. Mavs
12. 76ers
13. Nuggets
14. Knicks
15. Jazz
16. Magic

magic0320
05-02-2012, 11:23 PM
1. Heat
2. Spurs
3. Thunder
4. Lakers
5. Celtics (love how they played game 2)
6. Clippers (love how they came back in game 1)
7. Pacers
8. Grizzlies
9. Bulls
10. Hawks
11. Mavs
12. 76ers
13. Magic (gotta give little credit for taking game 1)
14. Nuggets
15. Knicks
16. Jazz

Bravo95
05-02-2012, 11:31 PM
1) Spurs
2) Heat
3) Thunder
4) Lakers

Everyone else
Pretty much.

Mr_Amaziing
05-02-2012, 11:39 PM
Decent

spurs4#5
05-02-2012, 11:42 PM
1. heat/spurs
3. lakers
4. okc

no one else matters as it will more than likely one of these teams winning it all

Mishmin
05-02-2012, 11:47 PM
Still can't count out those oldies... Lakers, Spurs, Celtics..

Nice new sig Corey