PDA

View Full Version : Report: Allen Iverson likely to sign in China

Fresno
05-02-2012, 06:00 PM
Following in his arch rival Stephon Marbury's foot steps, former NBA superstar Allen Iverson is seriously considering joining the Chinese basketball market.

Iverson confirmed on Friday that he will seek to talk with some Chinese basketball clubs and hopes that there is an opportunity for him to play in the country, according to Modern Express.

One employee from the organizing committee of the tour revealed that the eagerness of the former NBA's Most Valuable Player in 2001 and four-time scoring champion is inspired by the tremendous success of his old foe Stephon Marbury, who led the Ducks to their first-ever CBA title last season.

http://europe.chinadaily.com.cn/sports/2012-04/28/content_15169950.htm

Pictures w/Marbury:
http://www.alleniversonlive.com/wp-content/gallery/2012/002-china.jpg
http://www.whatsonxiamen.com/news_images/7926Allen_Iverson_Cixi.jpg

McPeak92
05-02-2012, 06:03 PM
****ing sweet.

Fresno
05-02-2012, 06:07 PM
bring him to the heat we need a pg leggggggoooooooooo

Stern blackballed him from the NBA.

I guess he's gotta play in China to show teams he can still perform well enough to get to end his career in the NBA.

Gators123
05-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Who?

ugafan
05-02-2012, 06:10 PM
There's no way he's worse than the worst NBA player playing now.

Cal827
05-02-2012, 06:16 PM
^ That might not be it. Teams probably don't trust what he could do to morale (even in a minimal role). Remember how he left his past teams in Detroit/Memphis.

Should be interesting for him. How many mistakes per game do you suppose he'll make.

mRc08
05-02-2012, 06:18 PM
I wish his old teamates would just give him like a mil to live off of for the rest of his life so we can stop hearing about how he's trying to make a comeback every other month.

Cfrey
05-02-2012, 06:22 PM
he likes chinese hinees

smith&wesson
05-02-2012, 06:24 PM
iverson could have been in girlbert arnas shoes if he just shut his mouth and played his role he would be in the playoffs with memphis right now.

pd7631
05-02-2012, 06:25 PM
I wish his old teamates would just give him like a mil to live off of for the rest of his life so we can stop hearing about how he's trying to make a comeback every other month.

Umm, maybe because he's not doing it for the money. Ever think about that? He's stated many many times that he wants to get back into the NBA so that he can leave the game the right way. What's wrong with that? He clearly still loves the game, and I'm hoping that someone can give him one last chance.

smith&wesson
05-02-2012, 06:25 PM
if he stayed in phillie he would be in the playoffs right now too. the guy just wouldnt get the clue and take a lesser role.

SMH!
05-02-2012, 06:29 PM

Lol he has a lifetime deal with reebok, and didn't you see the article about him having 32 million in some account? Lol sounds like he needs money, right? I think he wants to come back and play again.

mRc08
05-02-2012, 06:30 PM
Umm, maybe because he's not doing it for the money. Ever think about that? He's stated many many times that he wants to get back into the NBA so that he can leave the game the right way. What's wrong with that? He clearly still loves the game, and I'm hoping that someone can give him one last chance.

If thats the reson then more power to him.

But...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesmarshallcrotty/2012/02/21/allen-iverson-earned-over-200-million-in-his-nba-career-hes-now-broke-say-what/

SMH!
05-02-2012, 06:31 PM
if he stayed in phillie he would be in the playoffs right now too. the guy just wouldnt get the clue and take a lesser role.

:facepalm: He left due to personal reasons, his daughter was in the hospital battling for her life, and they had him starting that last season with philly, why would he leave for no reason? Lol blind hate

SMH!
05-02-2012, 06:32 PM
If thats the reson then more power to him.

But...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesmarshallcrotty/2012/02/21/allen-iverson-earned-over-200-million-in-his-nba-career-hes-now-broke-say-what/

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2012-03-02/allen-iverson-net-worth-philadelphia-76ers

pd7631
05-02-2012, 06:34 PM

AI just isn't wired that way though. He used to say that when he wasn't the first or second guy the other team game planned for, that he'd be done. I think when he started to lose a step his mind didn't follow. I really do think that these last 2 years in which he was essentially blacklisted out of the league, was a humbling experience for him. He still loves the game, and I think he has accepted the fact that he isn't gonna be "the man" anymore(although, in his 2nd stint in Philly, he was a model teammate and did in fact, take a step back). AI just needs a team to give him a chance. It'll be a low-risk, no tolerance deal for whoever signs him, but the payoff is that they're gaining a future HOF'er that will leave it all on floor and still has something left to give.

pd7631
05-02-2012, 06:38 PM
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2012-03-02/allen-iverson-net-worth-philadelphia-76ers

So frustrating that the media will blow up a story about AI if it paints him in a negative light, but then the follow up story with THE TRUTH doesn't get anywhere close to the same amount of coverage. The result.....a bunch of ill informed people who make their judgments of a person without knowing all the facts. Drives me nuts.

SMH!
05-02-2012, 06:41 PM
So frustrating that the media will blow up a story about AI if it paints him in a negative light, but then the follow up story with THE TRUTH doesn't get anywhere close to the same amount of coverage. The result.....a bunch of ill informed people who make their judgments of a person without knowing all the facts. Drives me nuts.

Lol its crazy how much people hate, I remember the forum on here when it said he was broke, it had like 20 pages of hate, but when someone followed up with the article that hes not broke, it had like 5 pages. Lol

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-02-2012, 07:10 PM
R.I.P. Allen Iverson's career. :pity:

Chronz
05-02-2012, 07:45 PM
About ****ing time, what took him so long? Wouldnt the money be better in China?

Fresno
05-02-2012, 08:27 PM
Lol its crazy how much people hate, I remember the forum on here when it said he was broke, it had like 20 pages of hate, but when someone followed up with the article that hes not broke, it had like 5 pages. Lol

The media has taught the public how to hate Iverson even for the most petty reasons.

In the process he's become the anti-hero(borderline anti-christ) to "White America".

Iverson can't try to play basketball anywhere else in the world without the same group of haters saying hes being broke, and can't envision the thought that AI plays for the love of the game.

What is he supposed to do? Go crawl in a hole and die just because you don't like him.:mad:

felixng2012
05-02-2012, 08:29 PM
Good for him never understood the hate for the guy. He has made very poor decisions in his life but he was still a great player and he had problems while growing up.

Fresno
05-02-2012, 08:33 PM
About ****ing time, what took him so long? Wouldnt the money be better in China?

Of course the money would be better in China but he's been holding out hope for 2 seasons now that a NBA team would give him a chance to make their team. Obviously, its never going to come.

Not to mention he still has young kids and in the midst of a divorce.

Fresno
05-02-2012, 08:39 PM
lol

Philly traded him like 6 years ago dude.

I doubt he ever wanted to leave Philly but they admittedly couldn't put a better team around him because they're role players were just too young at the time to help them get over the hump.

iverson could have been in girlbert arnas shoes if he just shut his mouth and played his role he would be in the playoffs with memphis right now.

The Memphis situation was from 3 seasons ago.

Why would he still be in Memphis now?

Fresno
05-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Lol he has a lifetime deal with reebok, and didn't you see the article about him having 32 million in some account? Lol sounds like he needs money, right? I think he wants to come back and play again.

This.

Reebok is about to re-release his namebrand "Reebok Question" shoe line, which is why he's wearing the classic version of the shoes on this tour.

Chronz
05-02-2012, 10:11 PM

Of course the money would be better in China but he's been holding out hope for 2 seasons now that a NBA team would give him a chance to make their team. Obviously, its never going to come.

Not to mention he still has young kids and in the midst of a divorce.
I meant going to China instead of turkey our wherever else he went. He could have spent his prime old man years somewhere where he is beloved

Fresno
05-02-2012, 11:53 PM
I meant going to China instead of turkey our wherever else he went. He could have spent his prime old man years somewhere where he is beloved

I think that Turkish team gave him like $2 Million.