PDA

View Full Version : Wilner

GNick
05-02-2012, 10:23 AM
I had to give up listening to Wilner after the games. Like Jays talk but he has to go. Every caller who knocks the Jays he interupts them and calls them ridicous. Come on Wilner 60% of your callers cannot be ridicous. Some of their points are valid.

Like to hear some fair chat about the club...any other Jays related radio sports talk besides Wilner?

mike_noodles
05-02-2012, 10:59 AM
Agreed. I have heard him get owned by fans, but he will never admit it.

I haven't looked at him with any respect since the day he compared Troy Glaus to HOFer Reggie Jackson.

Krylian
05-02-2012, 12:05 PM
Wilner's an idiot.

Most fans are idiots too.

Having them on the air together is not a recipe for success.

nithanyo
05-02-2012, 03:33 PM
he gets paid by rogers. rogers owns the blue jays. youre not gonna get him to agree with you if you bash the blue jays or its players.

But he's a smart baeball guy who takes optimism to a whole new level that pissess fans off.

bomber0104
05-02-2012, 03:39 PM
i used to listen to Jays Talk after every Jays game 5 or 6 years ago.. but by radio broke and i stopped doing it.

I`ve caught a few of the shows on the blog and it seems like he has gotten worse. The guy is more cynical than ever. He pretends to be a realist and but he is nothing more than a corporate whore. I dont know how Rogers allows him to talk down to his callers like that. Everyone that has something negative to say basically gets called stupid.

The guy still defends adam Lind because he had a hot month last year. Its ****ing ridiculous

Rogi10
05-02-2012, 03:46 PM
The callers he deals with are complete tools, can't fault the man for "defending" the jays from some ridicoulous statements.

bomber0104
05-02-2012, 03:50 PM
The callers he deals with are complete tools, can't fault the man for "defending" the jays from some ridicoulous statements.

yeah some of these callers are really dumb like the guy calling the other day and saying Janssen is not a good reliever because he doesn`t get a lot of wins..

but still, he treats smart callers the same way if they disagree him or say something negative about the Jays

craigerlee
05-02-2012, 03:50 PM

I agree to a point, but he has zero tolerance for any Jays criticism, especially after a win. He also likes to cherry pick stats to prove his point and dismiss others when they do the exact same thing.

Gibby
05-02-2012, 03:51 PM
you cant blame him for sucking up to the jays. if he doesnt he wont have a job for long. remember when he got suspended for questioning cito's move. I stopped listening to him.

mtf
05-02-2012, 05:42 PM
Wilner is a tool. The fact that he has to deal with idiots or perhaps just uneducated (but still passionate) fans is not an excuse for his conduct.

The Leafs post-game radio host (I think his name is Andy Frost) has to deal with far worse, and he manages to conduct himself with dignity and a much higher degree of professionalism.

JaysFan87
05-02-2012, 06:10 PM
I had to give up listening to Wilner after the games. Like Jays talk but he has to go. Every caller who knocks the Jays he interupts them and calls them ridicous. Come on Wilner 60% of your callers cannot be ridicous. Some of their points are valid.

Like to hear some fair chat about the club...any other Jays related radio sports talk besides Wilner?

Actually many of them are ridiculous.

JaysFan87
05-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Wilner is a tool. The fact that he has to deal with idiots or perhaps just uneducated (but still passionate) fans is not an excuse for his conduct.

The Leafs post-game radio host (I think his name is Andy Frost) has to deal with far worse, and he manages to conduct himself with dignity and a much higher degree of professionalism.

I would actually say they are both in the same boat. Because the majority of the fans who do call in are idoits and they have to talk realism into them they get labeled as homers or whatever. Some times in their quest to be realistic they get into the trap of trying to disprove something by trying to prove something that is not quite true.

Frost has hung up on many many callers for being idiots, its not just wilner.

FLeays
05-02-2012, 06:36 PM
What about the callers who say they've been listening to the show for years and love Wilner :laugh2:

bomber0104
05-02-2012, 06:38 PM
I would actually say they are both in the same boat. Because the majority of the fans who do call in are idoits and they have to talk realism into them they get labeled as homers or whatever. Some times in their quest to be realistic they get into the trap of trying to disprove something by trying to prove something that is not quite true.

I think you are Wilner... you kept making the "game was over in the 2nd inning joke after the game" and Wilner was doing the exact same thing on his show..

You are either him or a huge fanboy

GNick
05-02-2012, 07:40 PM
What about the callers who say they've been listening to the show for years and love Wilner :laugh2:

That was Wilner's brother and wife

GNick
05-02-2012, 07:41 PM
After some digging around today online found "The Fanatic" from Philadelphia. Pretty good baseball talk, I was impressed. Philly fans seemed more knowledgable about the game than our fans. Darren Daulton has a baseball talk show on there. Only makes sense, Philly been one of hot beds of baseball along while, where average Jay fans are hockey first. There it is other way around. Plus, Daulton much knowledgeable about the game than Wilner.

mtf
05-02-2012, 07:41 PM

I just said that they both deal with idiots, and the Leafs ones are potentially much worse. Frost is much less of a douchebag than Wilner despite the similar circumstances.

JaysFan87
05-03-2012, 12:13 AM
I think you are Wilner... you kept making the "game was over in the 2nd inning joke after the game" and Wilner was doing the exact same thing on his show..

:rolleyes::confused: I think you are incapable of having an adult conversation/discussion about anything.

alistar
05-03-2012, 12:47 AM

Dont you do that during the actual game?

naidle
05-03-2012, 07:59 AM
For a radio "personality" who has limited knowledge of the sport, it's unfortunate he's so arrogant.

A few weeks back he was comparing Hamels with Cecil based on pitch repertoire (wrong) and velocity (wrong).

Sad.

Jamiecballer
05-03-2012, 04:24 PM
i used to really hate Wilner but when you get past the arrogance he is usually spot on. i admit it took a long time before i could get past the arrogance.

bomber0104
05-03-2012, 04:59 PM
:rolleyes::confused: I think you are incapable of having an adult conversation/discussion about anything.

how can you say that he isn't arrogant? or that he is entitled to treat his callers the way he does.. i agree that Andy Frost is much more of a professional about it and its not even close

bomber0104
05-03-2012, 05:00 PM
For a radio "personality" who has limited knowledge of the sport, it's unfortunate he's so arrogant.

A few weeks back he was comparing Hamels with Cecil based on pitch repertoire (wrong) and velocity (wrong).

Sad.

hence, why he is a huge homer and therefore a terrible baseball guy

Vader144
05-03-2012, 05:01 PM
I agree Wilner doesn't accept a lot of criticism. The walk off win the other day. I agree a win is a win. However, we should not have had to hit a home run in the bottom half of the inning. I believe that was the fans argument
Fans abide "stupid fans" were not pleased with the win. Mainly because Cordero blow the save. I've watched replay of it and he didn't throw bad pitches. There was a pitch that was knee high and didn't get called... so its not Cordero he just got screwed over by a dumb ump.
For once I agree with Wilner that closers blow saves but suck up it and move on. I'm thankful they won!!
Some of these callers and they're comments need to give their head a shake.
I don't like Lind at all and think AA should be looking to strengthen the position either during the season or offseason via trade or free agent.

JaysFan87
05-03-2012, 06:18 PM
how can you say that he isn't arrogant? or that he is entitled to treat his callers the way he does.. i agree that Andy Frost is much more of a professional about it and its not even close

Andy frost has hung up on many a caller when they start being stupid and I don't have an issue with either of them doing that. But w/e its his show and if people don't want to listen to it then they don't have to. No one is forcing anyone to. I don't think there is much to discuss here actually. You either like his show/tone/attitude or you don't.

Krylian
05-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Andy frost has hung up on many a caller when they start being stupid and I don't have an issue with either of them doing that. But w/e its his show and if people don't want to listen to it then they don't have to. No one is forcing anyone to. I don't think there is much to discuss here actually. You either like his show/tone/attitude or you don't.

The point is that fans would like a Jays Talk host that isn't an ***-clown.

JaysFan87
05-03-2012, 06:44 PM
The point is that fans would like a Jays Talk host that isn't an ***-clown.

If thats your opinion then thats your opinion, doesn't make it fact. You cant please everyone.

Krylian
05-03-2012, 08:31 PM
If thats your opinion then thats your opinion, doesn't make it fact. You cant please everyone.

Everything I say is fact.

Halladay
05-03-2012, 10:16 PM
I used to be a big fan but lets face it, the guy isn't going to bite the hand that feeds him. He does deal with a lot of morons who call in but he's coming off very condescending.