PDA

View Full Version : Javale McGee

greg_ory_2005
05-02-2012, 03:31 AM
I'm sorry, but this is just too funny. :laugh2:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jpmoore/21-reasons-you-should-be-following-the-nbas-weird

His twitter is just too much jokes.

Trueblue2
05-02-2012, 03:37 AM
Breaking News: Javale Mcgee out for the rest of the season after breaking his arm diving into a pool full of quarters

justinnum1
05-02-2012, 10:47 AM
If this kid had a brain he'd be a top 10 center

29$JerZ
05-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Wow

tyfreaks brotha
05-02-2012, 10:56 AM
lol

Master Mind
05-02-2012, 11:08 AM
Awesomeness :laugh2:

LongWayFromHome
05-02-2012, 11:09 AM
I hated him until I read this. rotfl

sep11ie
05-02-2012, 11:23 AM
Is he the only mentally ******** pro basketball player?

Raps18-19 Champ
05-02-2012, 11:24 AM
#5 and #17 made me laugh.

"They go hard!" and "hills" .

:laugh2:

What an idiot.

GunFactor187
05-02-2012, 11:28 AM
:laugh:

Gram
05-02-2012, 11:34 AM
lmao

Chacarron
05-02-2012, 12:14 PM
That was awesome.

Hustla23
05-02-2012, 12:19 PM
:laugh: At least he's active.

PocketKings
05-02-2012, 12:21 PM
:laugh: x100

THE GIPPER
05-02-2012, 12:24 PM
Lol I think ill start following him

smith&wesson
05-02-2012, 12:33 PM
i like him. he is a funny guy and he has lots of character. his ball iq isnt very high though.

topdog
05-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Who says NBA players aren't smart :eyebrow:

avrpatsfan
05-02-2012, 12:38 PM
He's my new hero :laugh:

naps
05-02-2012, 12:51 PM
"I feel like deleting twitter!"

:laugh2:

Antwerp_nr1
05-02-2012, 12:54 PM
I was laughing so hard, gotta love the man for it.

kenzo400
05-02-2012, 01:58 PM
Number 12 :laugh:

Chronz
05-02-2012, 02:26 PM
Always liked that goofball

spreadeagle
05-02-2012, 02:38 PM
This is too funny, good find I will now follow him hahaha

felixng2012
05-02-2012, 02:43 PM
He seems like a nice guy and he was funny as **** when he was on the Wizards. His physical talents are wasted though since he isn't very bright lol.

willabeast77
05-02-2012, 02:44 PM
He's a moron, not surprised he doesn't have that many followers tbh. he needs to mature up, he has potential.

spreadeagle
05-02-2012, 02:45 PM
Those posts are HILARIOUS "god bless anyone who lost someone on 9/1" hahahaha omg "the children are our future" profound post

shep33
05-02-2012, 02:54 PM
How can anybody not like this guy? My new favorite player in the NBA

GiantsSwaGG
05-02-2012, 02:59 PM
16 & 19 are hilarious....but he's an idiot!

CEasFiRe
05-02-2012, 05:46 PM
is he.... retarted?! but joking aside he absoultey entertains me with his antics hes very very funny and doesnt even try to be well done

Cfrey
05-02-2012, 05:51 PM
javale is a funny one

BaustinSali08
05-02-2012, 05:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgSYA3Gb7oI

Avenged
05-02-2012, 05:57 PM
Babies are very suspicious of him :laugh2:

thanks for the laugh. :up:

Cfrey
05-02-2012, 06:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgSYA3Gb7oI

lol this is as bad as it gets

SA5195
05-02-2012, 07:51 PM
I don't know what to say...LOL :laugh: Such an idiot.

PocketKings
05-03-2012, 03:38 AM
http://*************************/videos/video.php?v=wshhcC3XqI3iDqD15GPX

Another one for yall.

Ebbs
05-03-2012, 05:22 AM
His stupidity has made me go from absolutely hating him to cant get enough of him. The 9/1 tweet killed me

Six-8-TheWizard
05-03-2012, 05:48 AM
I saw this a couple days ago. :laugh: Too funny. 9, 16 and 13 in particular had me dieing.

DenButsu
05-03-2012, 06:58 AM
A LOT of NBA players have done a lot worse on twitter than this stuff (JR Smith comes to mind). Mostly he's just clowning around. I don't see what the big deal is. At least he's just having fun.

He definitely has maturity issues, but it's not as if that's a unique situation in the NBA. I mean, how many of these guys spend how many hours of their free time playing video games? The young players are basically kids who got rich all of a sudden, and much of the time they act like it.

Watching McGee since he was traded to the Nuggets, I think he gets a bad rap on the "stupid" front. Sure, he has made an abundance of boneheaded plays in dramatic fashion, but if you put together a "lowlight" reel of most any player's mistakes it would make them look like a moron, even though 98% of what they're doing isn't those plays.

I think people fail to appreciate just how negatively being indoctrinated into the NBA in the downright toxic culture of the Washington Wizards may have had on his development. (Read this damning piece by Jay Glassie if you haven't (http://jayglassie.com/2012/04/24/the-last-straw/) - it's shocking how bad things were (are?) over there). Among the many dramas that were happening around him (guns in the locker room, famously), JaVale also had to deal with situations such as when he asked for a big man coach and was told they wouldn't provide one for him unless he paid for it himself.

Who knows how much different a player he'd be if his first four NBA seasons were spent, say, in San Antonio instead? Already in his brief time in Denver he's managed to avoid making any mistakes of crazy youtube blooper magnitude. He's playing much more controlled. I don't think we'll have a clear idea of how much potential he really has (or doesn't have) to get his head right and maximize his skill set until, say, the end of next season, after he has a full year with the Nuggets (assuming he's re-signed), working with their coaching and training staff, going through their summer workouts and training camp, being reined in by the strict and take-no-nonsense George Karl.

I'm not prepared to say by any means that he's necessarily destined for greatness or anything (although I wouldn't yet rule it out, either). But on the other hand, I think the extent to which people write him off as a lost cause is way overblown, most likely. His court sense isn't there yet, but I suspect that, growing up with Pam McGee as a mom, his b-ball IQ is probably higher than it has seemed. He also doesn't seem to be "bad" in the behavioral problems department. I'll take swallowing a spoonful of cinnamon over vehicular manslaughter any day.

aussie
05-03-2012, 09:54 AM
The
best

xbrackattackx
05-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Am I the only one now following both?

eibbor
05-03-2012, 09:09 PM
I'm sorry, but this is just too funny. :laugh2:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jpmoore/21-reasons-you-should-be-following-the-nbas-weird

His twitter is just too much jokes.

I'm bout to add this joke on twitter right now lol

ManningToTyree
05-03-2012, 09:26 PM
LOL i love this guy

droalex
05-03-2012, 09:31 PM
LOL added

eibbor
05-03-2012, 09:33 PM
LOL added

What's your handle? I'd make a thread asking for handles but it would get deleted lol

b@llhog24
05-04-2012, 04:32 AM
I started to laugh then just ended up feeling sorry for the guy.

b@llhog24
05-04-2012, 04:33 AM
A LOT of NBA players have done a lot worse on twitter than this stuff (JR Smith comes to mind). Mostly he's just clowning around. I don't see what the big deal is. At least he's just having fun.

He definitely has maturity issues, but it's not as if that's a unique situation in the NBA. I mean, how many of these guys spend how many hours of their free time playing video games? The young players are basically kids who got rich all of a sudden, and much of the time they act like it.

Watching McGee since he was traded to the Nuggets, I think he gets a bad rap on the "stupid" front. Sure, he has made an abundance of boneheaded plays in dramatic fashion, but if you put together a "lowlight" reel of most any player's mistakes it would make them look like a moron, even though 98% of what they're doing isn't those plays.

I think people fail to appreciate just how negatively being indoctrinated into the NBA in the downright toxic culture of the Washington Wizards may have had on his development. (Read this damning piece by Jay Glassie if you haven't (http://jayglassie.com/2012/04/24/the-last-straw/) - it's shocking how bad things were (are?) over there). Among the many dramas that were happening around him (guns in the locker room, famously), JaVale also had to deal with situations such as when he asked for a big man coach and was told they wouldn't provide one for him unless he paid for it himself.

Who knows how much different a player he'd be if his first four NBA seasons were spent, say, in San Antonio instead? Already in his brief time in Denver he's managed to avoid making any mistakes of crazy youtube blooper magnitude. He's playing much more controlled. I don't think we'll have a clear idea of how much potential he really has (or doesn't have) to get his head right and maximize his skill set until, say, the end of next season, after he has a full year with the Nuggets (assuming he's re-signed), working with their coaching and training staff, going through their summer workouts and training camp, being reined in by the strict and take-no-nonsense George Karl.

I'm not prepared to say by any means that he's necessarily destined for greatness or anything (although I wouldn't yet rule it out, either). But on the other hand, I think the extent to which people write him off as a lost cause is way overblown, most likely. His court sense isn't there yet, but I suspect that, growing up with Pam McGee as a mom, his b-ball IQ is probably higher than it has seemed. He also doesn't seem to be "bad" in the behavioral problems department. I'll take swallowing a spoonful of cinnamon over vehicular manslaughter any day.

+1 I think alot of people overblow stuff when I comes to McGee. I like him.

MonroeFAN
05-04-2012, 09:39 AM

lol. He's not a threat to anyone, he's just a complete moron. It's difficult to defend him, but I have to applaud your effort.

DenButsu
05-04-2012, 12:18 PM
lol. He's not a threat to anyone, he's just a complete moron. It's difficult to defend him, but I have to applaud your effort.

Uh, where did I say he was a "threat to anyone"? (Hint: Noplace). And in terms of "defending him", I fully acknowledged he's done some crazy stupid stuff, I only said I think that it's likely that the extent to which he gets the "stupid" label for that has been exaggerated.