PDA

View Full Version : Stern wants age limit on Olympics

NoahH
05-01-2012, 08:32 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/18924306/david-stern-wants-to-restrict-olympics-to-23andunder-players

:facepalm: He's like a dictator or something. Does he have to control everything?

felixng2012
05-01-2012, 08:33 PM
He can go screw himself. Not like anyone is going to listen to him.

lakerboy
05-01-2012, 08:43 PM
He is getting the pressure from his owners. When players get injured, the team is ******. Can't really blame him. I personally wouldn't want any of the Laker players injured.

John Walls Era
05-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Clearly the owners are pushing this, using Stern. Stupid rule, players have the right to play for their country if they want.

gatkins11
05-01-2012, 08:48 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/18924306/david-stern-wants-to-restrict-olympics-to-23andunder-players

:facepalm: He's like a dictator or something. Does he have to control everything?

Yes, he does.

blastmasta26
05-01-2012, 08:50 PM

He seems more like a figurehead than a dictator.

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-01-2012, 08:51 PM
We had a tough time with the best of the best of the best in defeating Spain in the gold medal game. And now he wants novices playing in the Olympics? :laugh2:

If I'm Colangelo and Coach K, I resign from TEAM USA committee right now.

Veto For Basketball Reasons Stern and his Small Market Owner *****es are at it again!

lakerboy
05-01-2012, 08:53 PM
We had a tough time with the best of the best of the best in defeating Spain in the gold medal game. And now he wants novices playing in the Olympics? :laugh2:

If I'm Colangelo and Coach K, I resign from TEAM USA committee right now.

Veto For Basketball Reasons Stern and his Small Market Owner *****es are at it again!

23 or under:

PG: Russell Westbrook, Kyrie Irving, John Wall
SG: James Harden, Tyreke Evans, Stephen Curry
SF: Kevin Durant, Thaddeus Young
PF: Kevin Love, Blake Griffin
C: Greg Monroe, DeMarcus Cousins

Not bad man, this team can ball.

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-01-2012, 08:55 PM
23 or under:

How many of these guys have the basketball IQ and the understanding of the international game? Half of these guys haven't even solidified the fundamentals of the NBA game. Half of these guys are so young, they're still in 1/2 NBA mode and 1/2 Streetball mode.

And now you expect them to be engaged in a sophisticated international style of play?

Don't think it's a good idea. Though they're athletic, the smart veteran crafty teams like Argentina or Spain would defeat them down the stretch in the 4th qtr of a medal game.

JetsNation24
05-01-2012, 09:03 PM
He can go screw himself. Not like anyone is going to listen to him.

Your sig is great man hahaha

AndyfromNeptune
05-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Can he actually do this or is this just something he wants?

tyfreaks brotha
05-01-2012, 09:33 PM
He wants it... Probably won't happen though

blastmasta26
05-01-2012, 09:34 PM
How many of these guys have the basketball IQ and the understanding of the international game? Half of these guys haven't even solidified the fundamentals of the NBA game. Half of these guys are so young, they're still in 1/2 NBA mode and 1/2 Streetball mode.

And now you expect them to be engaged in a sophisticated international style of play?

Don't think it's a good idea. Though they're athletic, the smart veteran crafty teams like Argentina or Spain would defeat them down the stretch in the 4th qtr of a medal game.

Wait, would the proposed age limit apply to everyone or just the US?

lakersfan01
05-01-2012, 09:46 PM
Wow is this scumbag David Stern anti-USA as well? Jesus Christ... I thought his extreme hatred was mostly limited to the Lakers.

It's bad enough this prick practices age discrimination and prevents grown adults from making a living in the NBA at 18 years old, now he wants to prevent anyone over age 23 from representing the USA and giving the USA the best chance at winning gold? **** Stern.

blastmasta26
05-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Wow is this scumbag David Stern anti-USA as well? Jesus Christ... I thought his extreme hatred was mostly limited to the Lakers.

It's bad enough this prick practices age discrimination and prevents grown adults from making a living in the NBA at 18 years old, now he wants to prevent anyone over age 23 from representing the USA and giving the USA the best chance at winning gold? **** Stern.
Blame Stern all you want, but it's not he who benefits from stuff like this. The age requirement in the NBA is intended to make college basketball more prolific and this is probably a result of owners pressuring him to prevent superstars from playing and risking injury.

LA_Raiders
05-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Thats actually a good idea, we dont need dumb young players to mess up around the world...

Bruno
05-01-2012, 10:05 PM
he should have no control over the olympics. perhaps an age limit on NBA commisioner would be wiser?

b@llhog24
05-01-2012, 10:13 PM
23 or under:

If you switch Westbrook in the starting lineup for Kyrie I'll jizz my pants. :drool:

Tyreke, Cousins, Wall and Westy are the only players there who you could say have problems with their basketball IQ at times. Every other player there tends to play within themselves. That team could compete with ANY international team.

NoahH
05-01-2012, 10:15 PM
Thats actually a good idea, we dont need dumb young players to mess up around the world...

No he wants players to be 23 and under only

LA_Raiders
05-01-2012, 10:25 PM
No he wants players to be 23 and under only

Dang, It will be hard to win it all...

Sssmush
05-01-2012, 10:38 PM
I actually agree with Cuban on this, in the sense that "Olympic" or International basketball is just a glorified competitor with the NBA, so, why give them our best show horses to put in their circus?

On the other hand, with all the sketchiness surrounding the NBA recently, perhaps international ball is the future of the sport? Maybe some kind of open international league that would allow teams like the Lakers to still play in LA but also take their show global against the international teams, and tell the clutching failing investors/scammers/owners of the NBA to bite it.

kalveinarthur
05-01-2012, 10:57 PM
He doesn't have the right to dictate, its national team, damn it! ufo sightings (http://www.latest-ufo-sightings.net/2012/04/ufo-or-orb-over-rome-italy-28-apr-2012.html)

ZebraCity916
05-02-2012, 12:48 AM
USA would have a hard time winning gold medals with such young players. Man, I hate Stern. :facepalm: