PDA

View Full Version : Would the Knicks trade Amare and if so what team would take his contract?

JordansBulls
05-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Would the Knicks trade Amare and if so what team would take his contract?

yanks19791024
05-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Um Nobody!!!!! Cant see any team that would want a PF who plays like a guard on D and has a bad back!!!!!

BoilerMan013
05-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Would the Knicks trade Amare and if so what team would take his contract?

the bobcats would take his contract, but they would want Bibby thrown in because he's a proven winner.

waveycrockett
05-01-2012, 04:15 PM
No team in their right mind would take that guy unless the Knicks took back some horrible salary in return.

LakersIn5
05-01-2012, 04:16 PM
he and the knicks were playing well without melo. remember last season when he revived the knicks. and during the linsanity he and lin were playing well together until melo came.

F-Mart26
05-01-2012, 04:19 PM
No one would want him? :confused: People said Z-bo was untradable too as a Knick.

NYtilIdie
05-01-2012, 04:20 PM
But Z-Bo is a 20/10 guy, Amare is well.....Amare.

J4KOP99
05-01-2012, 04:23 PM
I have a hard time believing anyone would want that contract. Also, his knees could go at any point... not really a hot commodity.

he is only hurting the situation too. Can't believe he punched a fire extinguisher haha... only the Knicks.

ManningToTyree
05-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Yes and Nobody is their right mind.

Bruno
05-01-2012, 04:26 PM
he'd only be of use to a team lacking size, who also has an elite distributing point-guard. Boston? New Jersey? I don't think anyone takes that contract, although I do believe he'd play much better with a real PG.

waveycrockett
05-01-2012, 04:29 PM
I think MAYBE the Magic would do it if they lost Anderson in FA. As a last ditch effort to appease Dwight. They got a bunch of horrible deals on the book anyways.

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Amare to the Sixers for Elton Brand + 1st rd pick.

They make close to the same salary, only Elton has 1 yr left on his contract after this season. He's essentially an expiring and the Knicks get a first rounder for Amare.

Sixers, who have a hard time scoring, can have a go-to-guy like Amare (Iggy just is not that go-to-guy for them).

justinnum1
05-01-2012, 04:30 PM
Stat and Lin for Anderson Turk and Nelson

ManningToTyree
05-01-2012, 04:35 PM

They make close to the same salary, only Elton has 1 yr left on his contract after this season. He's essentially an expiring and the Knicks get a first rounder for Amare.

Sixers, who have a hard time scoring, can have a go-to-guy like Amare (Iggy just is not that go-to-guy for them).

Great idea for Philly. If they weren't in the Knicks division maybe, but we won't be interested in making a rival better than us.

ManningToTyree
05-01-2012, 04:36 PM

**** that

D12 fan
05-01-2012, 04:37 PM
Ladies and gentelmen's I would like to introduce you to Otis Smith(Orlando GM),he traded Lewis for Arenas,I think he would do the same for Amare.

Turk,Davis for Amare
Turk,Jrich for Amare

b@llhog24
05-01-2012, 04:39 PM

Lol not trying to be mean but this trade is **** dude.

Anderson and Melo :drool:

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Great idea for Philly. If they weren't in the Knicks division maybe, but we won't be interested in making a rival better than us.

Maybe do Amare for Brand, Lou Williams ?

You move Lou Williams and it gives Evan Turner an opportunity to shine and get minutes.

Holliday-Turner-Iggy-Young-STAT

Lin-Lou-Melo-Brand-Chandler (get more depth with Shump moving to the bench to join Novak, JR, Landry, Douglas and other free agents you guys may sign during this offseason).

b@llhog24
05-01-2012, 04:40 PM
**** that

Not sure if serious.

ManningToTyree
05-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Ladies and gentelmen's I would like to introduce you to Otis Smith(Orlando GM),he traded Lewis for Arenas,I think he would do the same for Amare.

Turk,Davis for Amare
Turk,Jrich for Amare

But that isn't remotely close to good value for NY

IIISSKiLL
05-01-2012, 04:42 PM
just like new york fans ready to trade the man who made new york basketball watchable

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-01-2012, 04:44 PM
just like new york fans ready to trade the man who made new york basketball watchable

He's breaking down quickly, he has mental issues, and Melo is the future of the franchise as he's younger and way more healthier than him.

Amare needs a D'Antoni type PG to flourish or else he's ineffective. Let him go to a team that has playmakers like a Holliday and Iggy.

ManningToTyree
05-01-2012, 04:44 PM
Maybe do Amare for Brand, Lou Williams ?

You move Lou Williams and it gives Evan Turner an opportunity to shine and get minutes.

Holliday-Turner-Iggy-Young-STAT

Lin-Lou-Melo-Brand-Chandler (get more depth with Shump moving to the bench to join Novak, JR, Landry, Douglas and other free agents you guys may sign during this offseason).

I like the first rounder better lol. It isn't the offer I don't like, it is the team we are giving Amare to. With the Celtics on the decline, we don't want to give Philly their final piece to becoming elite and running the division for the foreseeable future.

VillaMaravilla
05-01-2012, 04:45 PM

my dude we aint getting good value for Stat, if Melo wins a game or 2 at the garden wothout Stat you better believe their going to dump him for whatever

ManningToTyree
05-01-2012, 04:46 PM

We root for the Name on the front of the jersey, not the back. No loyalties. If it makes the team better everyone is expendable.

NYKnicks4511
05-01-2012, 04:47 PM

Obviously we didn't want this to happen, but when one of your so-called superstars is doing stupid things and can't even contribute in a game, you need to explore your options. He isn't getting any younger, we shouldn't wait any longer to dish his 30 year old *** out of NY. Thanks for 'bringing NY back' Amar'e, but as a wise man once said, you're ******* out!

ManningToTyree
05-01-2012, 04:47 PM
my dude we aint getting good value for Stat, if Melo wins a game or 2 at the garden wothout Stat you better believe their going to dump him for whatever

Unfortunately you are correct. Which is why ultimately we should hold onto him.

ne3xchamps
05-01-2012, 04:48 PM

this.

On topic, I could imagine cuban trying to get him. He doesn't mind throwing money around. IMO, if the knicks were to trade stat, they would to a team out west.

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-01-2012, 04:48 PM
I like the first rounder better lol. It isn't the offer I don't like, it is the team we are giving Amare to. With the Celtics on the decline, we don't want to give Philly their final piece to becoming elite and running the division for the foreseeable future.

Maybe Morey might take a gamble on Amare since he's still looking for that big guy to replace Yao. (Remember, they were part of the same draft class of 02, ROckets picked Yao, but Amare won ROY).

Amare + 2nd round pick to Houston for Scola and K-Mart

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7vs9562

new york blue
05-01-2012, 04:50 PM
Since the contract is not insurable, Amare is likely untradable. I would like to see what he can do with Melo and a decent point guard and a healthy back before I would make the trade anyway.

waveycrockett
05-01-2012, 04:51 PM
**** that

You wouldn't trade STAT for Anderson? Seriously?

lakerboy
05-01-2012, 04:51 PM
Chicago should just trade Boozer for Amare. Boozer is aging worse IMO

ManningToTyree
05-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Not sure if serious.

dead serious. Lin is better than Jameer and Hedo is an over paid 33 year old bench player.

ManningToTyree
05-01-2012, 04:53 PM

Straight up maybe.

D12 fan
05-01-2012, 04:54 PM

Are you serious,Amare has no value,you should be lucky to recieve anything back from him.

Amare has bad knees,bad back,bad eyes,slashed hands,and a 100mil contract,and you want value back for that.SMH:facepalm:

IIISSKiLL
05-01-2012, 04:54 PM
I think him and melo playing together is the problem.. Any team picking up Amare is lucky ! And after deron will and d12 go to brooklyn I think cuban will offer a trade for Amare to keep Dallas fans from not killing someone for breaking up their championship team

ManningToTyree
05-01-2012, 04:55 PM
Maybe Morey might take a gamble on Amare since he's still looking for that big guy to replace Yao. (Remember, they were part of the same draft class of 02, ROckets picked Yao, but Amare won ROY).

that I would do in a heart beat.

Kashmir13579
05-01-2012, 04:56 PM
Bobcats.

IIISSKiLL
05-01-2012, 04:56 PM
Knicks won't trade Amare to Orlando unless it's for d12 and if new york wants to keep lin they have to throw the mid at him which means new york will have the same ****** team next year and won't win another playoff game for the next 3 years

thephoenixson28
05-01-2012, 04:57 PM
To PHX for Brown,Warrick, and a 1st.

b@llhog24
05-01-2012, 04:57 PM
dead serious. Lin is better than Jameer and Hedo is an over paid 33 year old bench player.

You're trading a broken down Pf who doesn't for Ryan Anderson a dude who can space the floor open for Melo and Chandler, who's also a better defender and rebounder than Amare. Hedo can provide bench support and his contract expires before Amare's. And Jameer is a better shooter than Lin and I'm sure his contract is an expiring pretty soon.

ManningToTyree
05-01-2012, 04:58 PM
Are you serious,Amare has no value,you should be lucky to recieve anything back from him.

Amare has bad knees,bad back,bad eyes,slashed hands,and a 100mil contract,and you want value back for that.SMH:facepalm:

If that is the case then don't trade him. He had the worst season of his career and he still wasn't awful, just not a superstar like we expect. You don't sell low for a bag of dog **** and the watch him be reborn in Orlando next year.

mjm07
05-01-2012, 04:59 PM

Amare has very little value. No one is eating that contract unless Knicks pick up a good chunk of it. ( not even sure thats possible under the new CBA )

It would have to be a bad contract for another bad contract.

NYKnicks4511
05-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Straight up maybe.

Let me fix that for you, straight up? DEFINITELY. I'd do that trade right now. Anderson's defense probably isn't too different from Amar'e, and imagine a Lin, Melo, Anderson, Novak, Chandler lineup in spurts. Das piff. Plus we get hella cap relief, you can get a lot for 20 mil.

rwynyc
05-01-2012, 05:00 PM
They will need to use Lin to Pair with Amare. As an owner you would have to be an idiot becuase the two of them will put fans in seats.

I really think the Nets could end up losing out on Deron and dangling Lin and Amare in front of the nets as long as Deron agrees would def work out

waveycrockett
05-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Straight up maybe.

Everything considered Anderson is the perfect player to pair with Melo. Stat complete opposite not to mention STAT is over paid and breaking down. Nelson is servicable and his deal almost up.

ManningToTyree
05-01-2012, 05:01 PM
You're trading a broken down Pf who doesn't for Ryan Anderson a dude who can space the floor open for Melo and Chandler, who's also a better defender and rebounder than Amare. Hedo can provide bench support and his contract expires before Amare's. And Jameer is a better shooter than Lin and I'm sure his contract is an expiring pretty soon.

I like Anderson a lot he is not my problem with the trade. Swapping Lin for Nelson is the deal breaker. Nelson has hit his ceiling, we know what he is. Lin showed glimpses of greatness. I have no doubt he will be a better PG than Nelson.

unleashthebeast
05-01-2012, 05:02 PM
If any team takes him I think it would be the Magic if they lose Ryan Anderson

ManningToTyree
05-01-2012, 05:02 PM
Everything considered Anderson is the perfect player to pair with Melo. Stat complete opposite not to mention STAT is over paid and breaking down. Nelson is servicable and his deal almost up.

I like Anderson, but I think losing Lin would be regretted.

Chrisstyles
05-01-2012, 05:03 PM
The Bobcats are a perfect team for Amare if they get Anthony Davis. They have a pick and roll PG with nobody to roll. Augustin would work with Amare. Davis can play the defense. Than they got an up and coming SG in Gerald Henderson.
Trade Maggette, Tyrus Thomas and a 2nd for Amare

ManningToTyree
05-01-2012, 05:04 PM
Let me fix that for you, straight up? DEFINITELY. I'd do that trade right now. Anderson's defense probably isn't too different from Amar'e, and imagine a Lin, Melo, Anderson, Novak, Chandler lineup in spurts. Das piff. Plus we get hella cap relief, you can get a lot for 20 mil.

I only said maybe because I don't think the salaries would work. More would have to be involved.

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-01-2012, 05:04 PM
that I would do in a heart beat.

Hear me out, this is what I do this offseason if I'm the New York Knicks.

Step 1: Trade Amare Stoudemire + Toney Douglas + 2nd round pick to the Houston Rockets for Kevin Martin and Luis Scola.

Step 2: The Mavericks will buyout the last yr of Lamar Odom's contract, paying him a guaranteed 2.3M of his 8.9M contract. Once he clears waivers, the Knicks should sign him to the veteran's minimum. Lamar comes to the team he idolized, the Knicks.

Step 3: My gut feeling tells me that the Lakers are going to amnesty Metta World Peace's final 2 yrs. Once they do that, I don't think any team will pick him up from the waiver wire, so once he clears waivers, the Knicks should sign him to the vet' min. MWP has already said that if he is amnestied, he will retire from the game. However, if the Knicks take a chance on him, he'll keep playing. Plus, he's from Queensbridge and LO's best friend. They won a title together with the Lakers.

Step 4: Move Jeremy Lin to the bench, he's still a little inexperienced. He would make great as a backup PG. The Knicks need a point guard that's relatively healthy and has been through the wars. Offer Ray Felton 3 yrs worth the mini-MLE.

Step 5: Make sure you keep Fields, JR and Novak for your bench.

Knicks lineup:

PG: Felton - Lin

SG: Martin - Shumpert - JR Smith

SF: Anthony - World Peace - Fields - Novak

PF: Scola - Odom

C: Chandler - Harrelson

Cal827
05-01-2012, 05:05 PM

:laugh: An expiring contract and their first rounder for a 3 year, 20mill per year guy who has developed back problems on top of that iffy knee? NYK would have to send their firsts to Philly in order for this deal to even have a small chance of even being discussed.

Amar'e is one of my favorite players, but unfortunately, he might be Eddy Curry 2.0 for the Knicks (since they wasted their Amnesty on an expiring contract).

b@llhog24
05-01-2012, 05:07 PM
I like Anderson a lot he is not my problem with the trade. Swapping Lin for Nelson is the deal breaker. Nelson has hit his ceiling, we know what he is. Lin showed glimpses of greatness. I have no doubt he will be a better PG than Nelson.

I think you're overating Lin now. So you'd rather have Amare on you team who knees and back could explode any minute now, inconsistent bench scoring (which Hedo will sure up) and a congested paint just so you could keep Lin?

IIISSKiLL
I highly doubt the New York Knicks will trade Amare to the Bobcats lol Who the hell do the Bobcats have that New York wants ? Unless Jordan puts on a uniform and starts playing again Bobcats have nobody that New York wants

lkingratedr
since 3 players maybe on their way out i see a trade like this

ATL gets andrea bargani and jose calderon
NY Gets Josh Smith
Toronto Gets Amare and zaza pachulia

atlanta gets a good back up guard and someone who is capable of running the point also a shooting stretch 4 which could lead to more open shots for joe

toronto gets a player with a name which should at least put some buts in some seats and a center to atleast stop some of the bleeding also they seem to be high on bayless making calderon expendable

the knicks get josh smith a defensive minded pf who can shoot which is what they need of course a few more parts have to move but thats the base

NYK_kidd77
The dudes a scrub it'll be hard to move 20 million bucks of a useless player. Hopefully some special needs owner will take him.

b@llhog24
05-01-2012, 05:08 PM
:laugh: An expiring contract and their first rounder for a 3 year, 20mill per year guy who has developed back problems on top of that iffy knee? NYK would have to send their firsts to Philly in order for this deal to even have a small chance of even being discussed.

Amar'e is one of my favorite players, but unfortunately, he might be Eddy Curry 2.0 for the Knicks (since they wasted their Amnesty on an expiring contract).

I don't think they have any firsts until 2014 IIRC.

ManningToTyree
05-01-2012, 05:10 PM

Step 1: Trade Amare Stoudemire + Toney Douglas + 2nd round pick to the Houston Rockets for Kevin Martin and Luis Scola.

Step 2: The Mavericks will buyout the last yr of Lamar Odom's contract, paying him a guaranteed 2.3M of his 8.9M contract. Once he clears waivers, the Knicks should sign him to the veteran's minimum. Lamar comes to the team he idolized, the Knicks.

Step 3: My gut feeling tells me that the Lakers are going to amnesty Metta World Peace's final 2 yrs. Once they do that, I don't think any team will pick him up from the waiver wire, so once he clears waivers, the Knicks should sign him to the vet' min. MWP has already said that if he is amnestied, he will retire from the game. However, if the Knicks take a chance on him, he'll keep playing. Plus, he's from Queensbridge and LO's best friend. They won a title together with the Lakers.

Step 4: Move Jeremy Lin to the bench, he's still a little inexperienced. He would make great as a backup PG. The Knicks need a point guard that's relatively healthy and has been through the wars. Offer Ray Felton 3 yrs worth the mini-MLE.

Knicks lineup:

I like the trade, Odom and even crazy *** Ron, but some flaws.

JR is gone. We don't have the money to keep him. He will go start and chuck on a **** team. I pray we keep Novak, but that will be a challenge as well.

Lin is the starter. Period. Felton will make more than the mini MLE. He was in a **** situation in Portland, but he still has game.

b@llhog24
05-01-2012, 05:10 PM

Knicks lineup:

The first part will NEVER happen. I like the rest of it though, also not sure if contracts will allow it.

nycericanguy
05-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Knicks won't have cap space after this summer with or without Amare. So theres no real need to trade him unless you get good value back.

And all the talk about Amare's knees is kind of silly, its been 8 years since he had any knee problems. His back is much more of a concern now, but even that looked fine. He still has explosiveness. (see below). Knicks just need to be patient and let the team grow together for once instead of trying to blow it up every year. He's not a superstar anymore, but he's still a capable 20/9 guy on good efficiency.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CrZOTsr7z4

spreadeagle
05-01-2012, 05:12 PM
As a Raptors fan id be willing to trade Bargnani and Calderon for Amare and Shump...

Lin
Melo
Fields
Bargnani
Chandler

Shump
Derozan
Barnes or Lamb "draft pick"
Amare
Valanciunas

IIISSKiLL
05-01-2012, 05:12 PM

Knicks lineup:

This will never work for many reasons

1) The Knicks are over the salary cap and don't own lin's bird rights so to keep Lin they must offer him the mid.. so there goes felton

2) I highly doubt Odom is going to play the game of basketball for a vet min. I think Odom tries to go to Miami or the Clippers hell even the Lakers

3) Why would the Lakers let go of MWP ? hes playing great basketball

4) By keeping Lin with the mid you cannot sign anybody less unless its a vet min to your team and since the New York Knicks don't own fields bird rights he's gone as well

ManningToTyree
05-01-2012, 05:14 PM
I think you're overating Lin now. So you'd rather have Amare on you team who knees and back could explode any minute now, inconsistent bench scoring (which Hedo will sure up) and a congested paint just so you could keep Lin?

You are talking as if this is the only trade option lol. I don't want to trade Lin from a team or money making perspective if I'm management. Take out Lin and Jameer and do Hedo, Anderson for STAT and throw in a scrub like Douglas or Walker or maybe a 2nd rd pick. I would do that.

ManningToTyree
05-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Knicks won't have cap space after this summer with or without Amare. So theres no real need to trade him unless you get good value back.

And all the talk about Amare's knees is kind of silly, its been 8 years since he had any knee problems. His back is much more of a concern now, but even that looked fine. He still has explosiveness. (see below). Knicks just need to be patient and let the team grow together for once instead of trying to blow it up every year. He's not a superstar anymore, but he's still a capable 20/9 guy on good efficiency.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CrZOTsr7z4

thank you.

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-01-2012, 05:16 PM

1) The Knicks are over the salary cap and don't own lin's bird rights so to keep Lin they must offer him the mid.. so there goes felton

2) I highly doubt Odom is going to play the game of basketball for a vet min. I think Odom tries to go to Miami or the Clippers hell even the Lakers

4) By keeping Lin with the mid you cannot sign anybody less unless its a vet min to your team and since the New York Knicks don't own fields bird rights he's gone as well

1) Good Point

2) Lakers can't sign him until one yr from when he was traded, which would be December 2012. New York is where the heart is for Lamar. That's where he would want to retire.

3) Lakers are cutting back on salary with the repeat tax and the inheritance tax coming into play.

4) MWP and Odom have won titles and made a crap load of money, they would want to retire together in their hometown and probably play for a championship with the Knicks and be the first to do it since 1973. They'll take the vet's min.

ManningToTyree
05-01-2012, 05:16 PM

After Lin we would still have the mini MLE per the new CBA I think.

king4day
05-01-2012, 05:17 PM
I just created a thread about this in the Suns forum actually.

I don't know how many Suns fans feel about it or how the Suns brass would feel, but I would trade either a TPE for him (since the Suns would be able to absorb his entire contract), or maybe send Warrick or Childress and a pick their way.
It depends on if the Knicks are desperate to unload his contract of if they are still looking for value in return.

Nash wants a 3 year deal and if the Suns get Amar'e, their contracts could end together.

This time, Phoenix would finally have a good defensive center to go next to him.

Nash/Telfair
Brown/Hill
Dudley/Morris
Amar'e/Frye
Gortat/Lopez

ManningToTyree
05-01-2012, 05:19 PM
As a Raptors fan id be willing to trade Bargnani and Calderon for Amare and Shump...

Lin
Melo
Fields
Bargnani
Chandler

Shump
Derozan
Barnes or Lamb "draft pick"
Amare
Valanciunas

shump isn't a PG. Like Lin, not worth losing Shump to move Amare.

IIISSKiLL
05-01-2012, 05:20 PM
I think Odom goes to Miami or LA even tho I doubt Miami wants him.. he wants to be with the kardashians.. Letting go or MWP for nothing and Kobe has a heart attack.. and with resigning lin with the mid means fields isssssss outttttttta thereeeeeeeeeeeee

nycericanguy
05-01-2012, 05:21 PM
thank you.

People seem to think if NY trades Amare they'll have $20m in cap space.

thats so far from true.

After NY resigns Lin, Fields & maybe Novak & JR, they won't have any cap space for the next 2-3 years even if Amare never existed.

So why trade him? He's still a very good NBA player. Yes his defense is poor, but was it ever great? No, we knew what kind of player he was. Very few stars are good at BOTH ends these days.

And his knees are not a concern at all IMO. I mean people act as if he had knee surgery last year, its been EIGHT years!...lol, let it go!

Give this team a shot, hell Amare, Melo & TYson have never even had a training camp.

Losing to MIA without Lin, Shump, JJ, and injured players playing is nothing to be ashamed of.

justinnum1
05-01-2012, 05:21 PM
YOur going to have to give something up to get rid of melo and take back a bad contract

chandler
anderson
melo
shump
nelson

is top 3 team in the east. and those parts fit together.

lin is so overrated its not funny. His value is at an all time high right now.

I'm not even sure orlando wuld take amare but if they would you do that deal.

nycericanguy
05-01-2012, 05:24 PM

I don't know how many Suns fans feel about it or how the Suns brass would feel, but I would trade either a TPE for him (since the Suns would be able to absorb his entire contract), or maybe send Warrick or Childress and a pick their way.
It depends on if the Knicks are desperate to unload his contract of if they are still looking for value in return.

Nash wants a 3 year deal and if the Suns get Amar'e, their contracts could end together.

This time, Phoenix would finally have a good defensive center to go next to him.

Nash/Telfair
Brown/Hill
Dudley/Morris
Amar'e/Frye
Gortat/Lopez

thats a very good team, and a very interesting idea. But see my previous post, I think NY would have to get SOME value back, maybe not equal value, but certainly some.

Maybe a Jared Dudley, Brown or Frye... some combination of players like that. although to be honest nothing on PHO's roster outside of Morris, Nash & Gortat excites me.

STAT would be a 24ppg guy again in PHO with Nash IMO

uprightciti
05-01-2012, 05:24 PM
amare getting traded is the most logically thing but to who and for what remain a mystery

ben gordon and charlie v for stat????

ManningToTyree
05-01-2012, 05:25 PM
People seem to think if NY trades Amare they'll have $20m in cap space.

thats so far from true.

After NY resigns Lin, Fields & maybe Novak & JR, they won't have any cap space for the next 2-3 years even if Amare never existed.

So why trade him? He's still a very good NBA player. Yes his defense is poor, but was it ever great? No, we knew what kind of player he was. Very few stars are good at BOTH ends these days.

And his knees are not a concern at all IMO. I mean people act as if he had knee surgery last year, its been EIGHT years!...lol, let it go!

Give this team a shot, hell Amare, Melo & TYson have never even had a training camp.

Losing to MIA without Lin, Shump, JJ, and injured players playing is nothing to be ashamed of.

All true. I just fear it still doesn't work out. Then what? someone has to go. Melo is the star. Chandler is DPOY material on a team with limited defense. STAT is the odd man out.

I want it to work with this core, but we have to be realistic about the possibility it just won't.

ManningToTyree
05-01-2012, 05:27 PM
amare getting traded is the most logically thing but to who and for what remain a mystery

:puke:

JordansBulls
05-01-2012, 05:27 PM

Knicks lineup:

I wouldn't amnesty Metta World Peace. He doesn't even make that much. You amnesty guys who make a ton and who aren't producing that well.

nycericanguy
05-01-2012, 05:28 PM
All true. I just fear it still doesn't work out. Then what? someone has to go. Melo is the star. Chandler is DPOY material on a team with limited defense. STAT is the odd man out.

I want it to work with this core, but we have to be realistic about the possibility it just won't.

true, but i think its a bit too early for that. This is team that has been functioning without a PG since Lin went down, yet they were still 18-6 under Woodson with a +7 ppg differential. Thats a dominant team.

If it doesn't work next year after a training camp and such, then IMO you can look to dump Amare who would only have 2 years left on his deal by then.

Don't get me wrong, if NY could find a trade that makes sense, such as Scola & Martin for STAT, i'd look into it. but i'm def not looking to just dump him, because that does nothing for us.

Sssmush
05-01-2012, 05:35 PM
Nash for Gash and Cash

mdm692
05-01-2012, 05:36 PM

iggy and stat pick n roll :drool:

ManningToTyree
05-01-2012, 05:37 PM
true, but i think its a bit too early for that. This is team that has been functioning without a PG since Lin went down, yet they were still 18-6 under Woodson with a +7 ppg differential. Thats a dominant team.

If it doesn't work next year after a training camp and such, then IMO you can look to dump Amare who would only have 2 years left on his deal by then.

Don't get me wrong, if NY could find a trade that makes sense, such as Scola & Martin for STAT, i'd look into it. but i'm def not looking to just dump him, because that does nothing for us.

I agree 100%. This conversation is pointless unless the Knicks are underachieving due to the chemistry at next years deadline. Just have to hope and pray Woody can put together an offense to make it work. or maybe Phil? Do you think the triangle would fix the spacing problems?

SluggeR
05-01-2012, 05:45 PM
I'm one of the folks that feel STAT & Melo can coexist offensively, but will agree that STAT has to hit the boards. ISO Melo is not gonna beat any of the elite teams, I've been saying this all along. I'm definitely against us trading STAT..unless it definitely makes us better.The only trade idea I've read that seemed sort of reasonable was New York & The Suns or maybe even a 3way between the Knicks/Suns/Pistons or Raptors.

nycericanguy
05-01-2012, 05:47 PM
I agree 100%. This conversation is pointless unless the Knicks are underachieving due to the chemistry at next years deadline. Just have to hope and pray Woody can put together an offense to make it work. or maybe Phil? Do you think the triangle would fix the spacing problems?

Phil sounds sexy, but I'd like to give Woodson a shot. As Tyson Chandler said, "the revolving door in NY has to stop"!

Chemistry is a big key to winning, Knicks have the talent when healthy.

The PHO scenario sounds interesting though, because PHO has the #13 pick in a stacked draft and can flat out absorb the contract THIS summer. Which means JR, Novak, Lin & Fields could all stay.

nycsports2
05-01-2012, 05:48 PM
If theres still an issue by next yrs deadline trade him but we really need time to get everything together, so many changes this season has been nuts for the knicks/ let them have a training camp and some season together with everyone on the court and woodson and well see from there

Punk
05-01-2012, 05:49 PM
He will be heavily shopped this summer. I can promise you that. I don't care what deal it is, long as it's for an expiring contract or someone that can help our cap situation than that's all that I care.

Let Amare go, re-sign JR, Novak Lin and sign a true Post Player. Woodson isn't the problem, he needs more options.

Chronz
05-01-2012, 05:49 PM

Whats the ROY robbing have to do with anything, Morey wasnt even the GM then.

And I cant fathom anyone being stupid enough to give up anything of value for Amare. K-Mart and Scola were having poor seasons but thats alot of money to give to a guy like Amare

Chronz
05-01-2012, 05:52 PM

Do you want value or to get out of his contract?

Chronz
05-01-2012, 05:53 PM

Have you seen Anderson's stats?

Chicago should just trade Boozer for Amare. Boozer is aging worse IMO
The same Boozer that just led the #1 seed in total scoring is aging worse than the guy who couldnt stay on the court?

illwill83
05-01-2012, 05:54 PM
Philly was trying trade for dude earlier in the season they was trying unload iggy and somebody else knicks should a took that amare mind ain't right . He buggin out

gcoll
05-01-2012, 05:55 PM
The Suns could use him.

But they have nothing to trade and wouldn't want the contract.

Jumi
05-01-2012, 05:56 PM
Look, you don't trade STAT unless you recieve a GREAT offer! If that doesn't happen, you design a scheme that adds some PHX's system using Lin and run the ISO's for Melo. The guy had 18 with 9 fg attempts last night! Melo can't shot 26 fg's! He just can't do that against a team like the Heat! That's too much and no ball movement!

I'd wait until the deadline next year and go from there! Melo can't get it done by himself! I hope he realizes that after this quick playoff exit!!

RC3
05-01-2012, 05:56 PM

I would do try to get Gordon. Good scorer. Good shooter. And plus if J.r. Goes, our Shooting guard for next year would be fields. :facepalm:

Jumi
05-01-2012, 05:57 PM
The Knicks are killing me!! They're my second fav team after the Spurs!!!!

naps
05-01-2012, 05:58 PM
I honestly don't see anyone taking on his contract. I mean we are talking about freaking $100 million here! He's not worth anyone close to that money. You add his injury history with that and it's a no-brainer.

RC3
05-01-2012, 05:59 PM
He will be heavily shopped this summer. I can promise you that. I don't care what deal it is, long as it's for an expiring contract or someone that can help our cap situation than that's all that I care.

Let Amare go, re-sign JR, Novak Lin and sign a true Post Player. Woodson isn't the problem, he needs more options.

Melo is basically the post player. That is where he likes. We need more shooters, a backup center, and another defender.

GiantsSwaGG
If I was another team, I wouldn't trade my dog shyt for him...he's a one way player THAT'S IT!

waveycrockett
I would do try to get Gordon. Good scorer. Good shooter. And plus if J.r. Goes, our Shooting guard for next year would be fields. :facepalm:

Knicks have absolutely, positively no shot at Gordon.

boolish
05-01-2012, 06:12 PM
only hope is the bobcats are without adult supervision come draft day. if that's the case you may be able to off load him there. However, my understanding is they plan to bring a "warm body" in to occupy the GM slot. If that indeed happens, you are likely stuck with amare and his contract. Btw, there were 50 people on this forum who saw "this" coming. why didn't their GM and owner?

5ass
05-01-2012, 06:12 PM
Honestly if im otis id pull a trigger on a Anderson+filler trade for Amare if Dwill resigns with the nets. Worst case scenario you trade both Amare and Dwight before the deadline to the nets for lopez+brooks+1st+fillers. The nets would probably be desperate enough to take them both, and deron would love to play with them.

tmacmamba
05-01-2012, 06:28 PM
I could see Philly, Orlando, GS, Houston and maybe Brooklyn being interested.

How about this trade?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=88tbqu2

it rights a wrong for the Knicks, and gives the Warriors a true superstar who just last season was averaging 25/8.

QueensG
05-01-2012, 06:31 PM
I understand we want to get rid of Amare but to throw Lin in too? Nah son..he is an up and coming pointgaurd with the tools to be a star

fingerbang
05-01-2012, 06:40 PM
No one's touching that contract with a fourty foot pole. Knicks are stuck with him.

beasted86
05-01-2012, 06:42 PM
Maybe Detroit for Charlie V and Ben Gordon.

Not sure that makes the Knicks any better... or the Pistons.

5ass
05-01-2012, 06:47 PM
hes out for the series btw
http://www.nba.com/2012/news/05/01/stoudemire-series/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

fingerbang
05-01-2012, 06:47 PM
His contract isn't insured because his body is going to break down. No one will trade for him.

MTL_123
05-01-2012, 06:49 PM
damn sucks for the knicks now that amare is out the rest of the series

John Walls Era
05-01-2012, 07:00 PM

Though I agree that NY Fans only care about championships and are rather ruthless, they have the right to want to get rid of him.

KnicksorBust
05-01-2012, 07:00 PM
I posted this in the trade forum but I'm very high on a Knicks/Nets trade:

Amar'e/Fields/Pick for Wallace/Morrow/Petro

Nets get a "star" who fits well with Deron and a role player who needs a change of scenary. Knicks get to slide Melo to the 4 where he thrived and get exactly the type of defensive forward we need to guard someone like LeBron in the playoffs. With Shumpert-Wallace-Chandler and Mike Woodson as the coach, we would be a top defensive team again next season. Plus Morrow would fill in nicely replacing JR Smith (who I fully expect to leave as a FA) as another shooter to space the floor.

allSUAVE
05-01-2012, 07:04 PM
Trade him for Louis Scola I would be happy :-)

oak2455
05-01-2012, 07:07 PM
trade him for anything

effen5
05-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Trade him for Louis Scola I would be happy :-)

Lol that's not happeninf

koreancabbage
05-01-2012, 07:09 PM
Though I agree that NY Fans only care about championships and are rather ruthless, they have the right to want to get rid of him.

they have the right to argue on forums about getting rid of him. They are going to get lower value for him, which means NYK ain't trading him away.

all the NYK need is a better shooting guard and a better PG. Move Lin and whomever as backups. Not sure they will get those pieces, but its what they need. Lin probably won't even be back next year either - he's a free agent right?

effen5
05-01-2012, 07:10 PM
trade him for anything

I don't see this happening either. His contract is horrendous.

championships
05-01-2012, 07:12 PM
I think the Knicks might want to trade him but I don't really see any takers with that contract.

Money aside, I think the player that New York should trade is Melo.

effen5
05-01-2012, 07:16 PM
I think the Knicks might want to trade him but I don't really see any takers with that contract.

Money aside, I think the player that New York should trade is Melo.

If I were a knick fan id wish we'd never trade for melo and has last years team before the trade for melo. But that's my opinion

KnicksorBust
05-01-2012, 07:21 PM
If I were a knick fan id wish we'd never trade for melo and has last years team before the trade for melo. But that's my opinion

No.

Lin, Melo, Tyson Chandler are much better than Felton, Wilson Chandler, Gallo, Mozgov. Before the Melo trade, we were a barely .500 team that couldn't defend. This year we were 36-30 and one of the better defensive teams in the league. There's more sustainability to the success of this team.

D12 fan
05-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Maybe Washington might trade for him,they can't attract big FA to Washington might as well gamble on Amare.

Lewis(exp) for Amare,1rd

Washington
pg:Wall,don't know
sg:Crawford,don't know
sf:don't know,don't know
pf:Amare,Blatche
c:Nene,don't know

Wall/Amare/Nene would be a playoff team in the East.

KnIckFaN.2883
05-01-2012, 07:35 PM
since 3 players maybe on their way out i see a trade like this

ATL gets andrea bargani and jose calderon
NY Gets Josh Smith
Toronto Gets Amare and zaza pachulia

atlanta gets a good back up guard and someone who is capable of running the point also a shooting stretch 4 which could lead to more open shots for joe

toronto gets a player with a name which should at least put some buts in some seats and a center to atleast stop some of the bleeding also they seem to be high on bayless making calderon expendable

the knicks get josh smith a defensive minded pf who can shoot which is what they need of course a few more parts have to move but thats the base

I would trade lin and STAT for bargnani and calderon. we get a pf that game is different than melo and we would get a pg that can run the point.

Monta is beast
05-01-2012, 07:37 PM
I think the Warriors would rather have Lee and his contract than Stoudamire.

NYMetropolitans
05-01-2012, 07:42 PM
So glad that none of the posters on this site are GMs.

D12 fan
05-01-2012, 07:43 PM
I think the Warriors would rather have Lee and his contract than Stoudamire.

Hey Monta plays for the Bucks now.

theheatles
05-01-2012, 07:47 PM
bobcats makes sense, mullens for amare straight up

Evolution23
05-01-2012, 07:51 PM
What if the knicks trade Amare to a team that can amnesty him

eibbor
05-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Just thought I'd throw something out there...

The Knicks, at least to me, seem to be better with Melo @ PF. If they can't move Amare, which I doubt they can, does that potentially make Chandler expendable since Amare seems to play better at Center?

I'd hate to see them lose Chandler, but 100 million is a lotta dough.

Thoughts?

I'd personally listen to any offers for Amare at this point, but I doubt there will be any injury/insurance/money-wise.

eibbor
05-01-2012, 07:55 PM
What if the knicks trade Amare to a team that can amnesty him

I think you have to already be under contract with the team that uses the amnesty.

eibbor
05-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Too bad, that would be sweet if you could

Gators123
05-01-2012, 08:00 PM
Amare is owed $20M next year, $21.7M in 2013-14 and $23.4M in 2014-15.

:faint:

Charlie V and Ben Gordon for Amare?

At least CV and BG have expiring contracts after next season :laugh2:

AI
05-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Amare to the Rockets for Scola, Dalembert and a pick.

felixng2012
05-01-2012, 08:05 PM
Amare to the Rockets for Scola, Dalembert and a pick.

I wish.

blastmasta26
05-01-2012, 08:07 PM

The Knicks, at least to me, seem to be better with Melo @ PF. If they can't move Amare, which I doubt they can, does that potentially make Chandler expendable since Amare seems to play better at Center?

Thoughts?

I'd personally listen to any offers for Amare at this point, but I doubt there will be any injury/insurance/money-wise.
No way Tyson would be expendable before Amare. Amare may be more effective at the 5 than the 4, but Tyson is more effective in general. Only way I would support a Tyson trade is if it was something crazy like Amare and Tyson for Dwight and Turkoglu. Meaning Amare would have to go too. Not gonna happen though.

Knicks21
05-01-2012, 08:09 PM

Beggars can't be choosers, ill take it.

mike_noodles
05-01-2012, 08:10 PM
I bet they could move to at least 3 or 4 different teams.

b@llhog24
05-01-2012, 08:12 PM
You are talking as if this is the only trade option lol. I don't want to trade Lin from a team or money making perspective if I'm management. Take out Lin and Jameer and do Hedo, Anderson for STAT and throw in a scrub like Douglas or Walker or maybe a 2nd rd pick. I would do that.

I'm not acting like its the ONLY trade, but if its and offer NY would be stupid not to take it. Also you have to throw Lin in to try and make the deal appealing to Orlando. You think the Magic is going to take TD and a scrub (along with the rest of your proposal) as an enticing offer?

Nash/Telfair
Brown/Hill
Dudley/Morris
Amar'e/Frye
Gortat/Lopez

Good trade if NY could get Hill (which doesn't have to happen) it would be excellent.

YOur going to have to give something up to get rid of melo and take back a bad contract

chandler
anderson
melo
shump
nelson

is top 3 team in the east. and those parts fit together.

lin is so overrated its not funny. His value is at an all time high right now.

I'm not even sure orlando wuld take amare but if they would you do that deal.

So true. :clap:

Okay now you're starting to make sense.

Look, you don't trade STAT unless you recieve a GREAT offer! If that doesn't happen, you design a scheme that adds some PHX's system using Lin and run the ISO's for Melo. The guy had 18 with 9 fg attempts last night! Melo can't shot 26 fg's! He just can't do that against a team like the Heat! That's too much and no ball movement!

I'd wait until the deadline next year and go from there! Melo can't get it done by himself! I hope he realizes that after this quick playoff exit!!

:laugh:

Nets get a "star" who fits well with Deron and a role player who needs a change of scenary. Knicks get to slide Melo to the 4 where he thrived and get exactly the type of defensive forward we need to guard someone like LeBron in the playoffs. With Shumpert-Wallace-Chandler and Mike Woodson as the coach, we would be a top defensive team again next season. Plus Morrow would fill in nicely replacing JR Smith (who I fully expect to leave as a FA) as another shooter to space the floor.

KoB with another quality post

they have the right to argue on forums about getting rid of him. They are going to get lower value for him, which means NYK ain't trading him away.

all the NYK need is a better shooting guard and a better PG. Move Lin and whomever as backups. Not sure they will get those pieces, but its what they need. Lin probably won't even be back next year either - he's a free agent right?

It's impossible they think Lin is the next MJ.

Thoughts?

There defense would turn into instant poo.

Evolution23
05-01-2012, 08:15 PM
I bet they could move to at least 3 or 4 different teams.

like who?

b@llhog24
I always thought NY fans had reasonable love for their player and because of the large fanbase they tend to overate their players but the value some of you guys think Amare and Lin have is insane.

eibbor
There defense would turn into instant poo.

I agree. Just wondering what will happen if they have to keep him. That is a lot of money

willabeast77
05-01-2012, 08:16 PM
No, I don't see him getting traded. Could happen but unlikely atm.

felixng2012
05-01-2012, 08:19 PM
I always thought NY fans had reasonable love for their player and because of the large fanbase they tend to overate their players but the value some of you guys think Amare and Lin have is insane.
Stat is barely worth anything due to his contract. Lin is worth a fortune due to his marketability + he is a pretty good PG with upside(not sure how much). I think you don't realize how much $$$ Lin brings in.

NoahH
05-01-2012, 08:21 PM
D12 for Stat and some fillers?

meloman1592
05-01-2012, 08:23 PM

I would give stat and tyson for d12

The goods
05-01-2012, 08:24 PM
Yeah I bet they'd trade him that contact us horrible nobody wants that,so I think him and carmelo have to find a way to play together.

b@llhog24
05-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Stat is barely worth anything due to his contract. Lin is worth a fortune due to his marketability + he is a pretty good PG with upside(not sure how much). I think you don't realize how much $$$ Lin brings in.

TRADE value.

felixng2012
05-01-2012, 08:30 PM
TRADE value.

:facepalm:

b@llhog24
05-01-2012, 08:31 PM

KnicksorBust
05-01-2012, 08:39 PM

Only in my wet dreams.

Jarvo
05-01-2012, 09:33 PM
he and the knicks were playing well without melo. remember last season when he revived the knicks. and during the linsanity he and lin were playing well together until melo came.

Sadly nobody doesn't remember that since melo came in, With this "what have you done for me lately" way of people minds they forget. To me it all went downhill when they got melo

tyfreaks brotha
05-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Stat for John Salmons

tmacmamba
05-01-2012, 10:26 PM
After the whole glass punching incident the Knicks will shop Amare this summer, Would the Bulls be interested in a Boozer for Amare swap?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7jsmzkg

JJ_JKidd
05-01-2012, 10:50 PM
Reckon he follows where Nash is lol. He is more like KMart (JKidd).

kalveinarthur
05-01-2012, 11:04 PM
If he will, maybe at LA Clippers. ufo sightings (http://www.latest-ufo-sightings.net/2012/04/ufo-or-orb-over-rome-italy-28-apr-2012.html)

GONYGONYKNICKS
05-01-2012, 11:05 PM
I posted this elsewhere but if Charlotte gets Davis and they also have Biyombo ... I can see the Knicks trading with Charlotte.

That Tyrus THomas contract is bad but he is a serviceable defender at the PF spot. Take back 1 year Maggette too. Might need to sweeten that a bit for the Knicks with a player or pick.

Amare can go in there and drop 30 a night while having Biyombo and Davis cover up for his horrid D.

blastmasta26
05-01-2012, 11:05 PM
After the whole glass punching incident the Knicks will shop Amare this summer, Would the Bulls be interested in a Boozer for Amare swap?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7jsmzkg
Bulls wouldn't do that.

KnIckFaN.2883
05-02-2012, 12:36 AM

I only thing i would do to change this is that i would stevenson in for marrow beacuse we need more players that can play defense on the wings

JordansBulls
05-02-2012, 01:16 AM
Bulls wouldn't do that.

I'd do Boozer for Amare straight up, I wouldn't add in Jimmy though.

Panthers4life
05-02-2012, 01:32 AM
how about dj augustine and tyrus thomas for STAT? bobcats could roll with

PG-Kemba Walker
SG-Gerald Henderson
SF-Corey Maggette/ or FA/ draft pick
PF-Amare
C-Anthony Davis

bench Bismack Biyombo.. not terrible at least competitive

RC3
05-02-2012, 01:38 AM

Deal :)

shep33
05-02-2012, 01:45 AM
I don't think either team wins a Boozer for Amare trade

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-02-2012, 01:59 AM

yikes

OaklandsFinest
05-02-2012, 02:06 AM
I'm sure Chicago would swap PF right now...

felixng2012
05-02-2012, 02:09 AM

If only you were the GM. :p
To be frank bad deal on your side.

Lakers + Giants
05-02-2012, 02:17 AM
I think he'd be great with D Will.

Blitzace137
05-02-2012, 02:21 AM
Lin is overrated by ESPN but underrated by many fans. If you don't watch knicks games you wouldn't know what his potential is. He's still a rookie with great potential. I would not trade him to magics for Nelson. Because knicks can be 3rd seat with or without Amare. I would trade Amare in that Martin Scola deal. And then sign Jason kidd to a vet. minimum to teach LIN. Ether that or practice the pick and roll with Amare.

Knicks21
05-02-2012, 02:43 AM
Lin and Amare for Turk, Anderson and Nelson

nyknygnyy09
05-02-2012, 05:15 AM
i like elton brand and a 1st for Amare. There's always been rumors that Philly was interested in Amare. He'd be a nice scoring presence for a team that plays good enough D to cover his ***. Knicks get an expiring contract, perhaps in time for Dwight Howard's FA. I like it.

Badluck33
05-02-2012, 06:25 AM
Coming into the tail end of his contract, Amare may be the worst contract in the NBA.

AI
05-02-2012, 07:22 AM
I'd definitely do Amare for Boozer, atleast he defends and rebounds. Him and Tyson in the paint with Shump in the perimeter would be sexy.

hovyboo
05-02-2012, 07:45 AM
Here's my idea,

Knicks get: Amir Johnson, Lineas Kleiza, and either Calderon or Ed Davis
Raptors get: Amar'e, picks (2nd this year and a future 2nds)

We get a defensive, rebounding, non-shooting PF. A solid backup for Melo. And In a dreamworld Calderon who is a solid starting PG or a Young big in davis

meloman1592
05-02-2012, 07:53 AM
Idk why so many people are putting forth ideas...Amare is not getting traded. Nobody wants him

nate2usmc
05-02-2012, 08:09 AM
Idk why so many people are putting forth ideas...Amare is not getting traded. Nobody wants him

Unfortunately this is true :sigh:

I'm sure the fans of the Bulls, Sixers and Raps would be like "**** that!" to the stated trade ideas lol

JDMVP
05-02-2012, 08:57 AM
If im Otis Smith Im callin NY when they get go fishin.

Look Orlando is not gonna get under the cap any soon with all of those awful contracts.
Im Otis Smith Im gonna try to work a DEAL with Dwight and Amare as the main pieces.

Dwight
Melo
Fields
Shumpert
LIN

idk what they do with Chandler but that line up looks sick on paper

This shall be an interesting off season for NY, specially if Phil Jackson actually decides to come there.

IndyRealist
05-02-2012, 09:03 AM
Amare and two first round picks to the Pacers for a 2nd round pick. The Knicks want to dump his contract badly enough.... we'd also take Amare plus Landry, but he's a free agent anyway.

IndyRealist
05-02-2012, 09:06 AM
Lin is overrated by ESPN but underrated by many fans. If you don't watch knicks games you wouldn't know what his potential is. He's still a rookie with great potential. I would not trade him to magics for Nelson. Because knicks can be 3rd seat with or without Amare. I would trade Amare in that Martin Scola deal. And then sign Jason kidd to a vet. minimum to teach LIN. Ether that or practice the pick and roll with Amare.

Jeremy Lin isn't a rookie.

nycericanguy
05-02-2012, 09:22 AM
Amare and two first round picks to the Pacers for a 2nd round pick. The Knicks want to dump his contract badly enough.... we'd also take Amare plus Landry, but he's a free agent anyway.

sure buddy...

and yet your username says "realist"... the irony...

mdm692
05-02-2012, 09:28 AM
Hakim warrick, Josh childress, channing frye and 2012 1st round suns draft pick(#13) for stoudemire and steve novak. Overall the knicks save at least 15million in the next two years and by 2014 most of those contracts will have expired. :D

Knicks
Lin/Davis
Shumpert/Jr smith
Melo/Fields/childress
Frye/warrick/rookie??
Chandler/jeffries/

Suns
Nash/telfair
Brown/Dudley
FA/Hill?/novak
Stat/markieff
Gortat/Robin Lopez

meloman1592
05-02-2012, 09:39 AM

One of the few times I'll say.....rather have Amare

faze38
05-02-2012, 09:57 AM
I have a better idea bring in Nash so he can bring balance to this O and Lin can learn from one of the greats and then we are set for years to come. No need to trade Amare we just need to add balance to this O. If we were to trade him we need to look at teams that are about to lose there stars and use that against them. I mean look at the Nets they are about to lose D-Will do u think they would like to lose him for nothing or would they be better off doing a sign and trade of D-Will and Humphries for Amare, Fields and Bill Walker because I truly doubt Dolan lets Lin go he is making him to much money.

faze38
05-02-2012, 10:03 AM
I'd definitely do Amare for Boozer, atleast he defends and rebounds. Him and Tyson in the paint with Shump in the perimeter would be sexy.

Did u just say Boozer plays D? Wow u must not watch basketball at all. Boozer is probably one of the very few PFs that plays less D then Amare. Noah and Deng just make him look good.

torocan
05-02-2012, 10:28 AM
Those proposing trades need to keep a couple things in mind.

Amare is overpaid on his contract. No team will take him on a straight up unless it's for similarly overpaid players. So don't expect a great deal in a straight up trade.

Lin is untouchable as far as the FO is concerned. Whether people think he's an average PG, below average or a star, whether they think he's peaked or has lots of potential, the fact is he's a money printing machine that will get at most a max MLE contract. You can accuse Dolan of alot of things, but don't ever think he doesn't know how to make a buck.

The cross cultural marketing appeal of Lin is WAY too big for Dolan to let him go unless it was literally for a Superstar level deal with Amare included.

That said, I can see the FO considering packaging just about anyone else on the roster with Amare as part of a total trade deal. Shumper, Fields and Chandler would all be potential pieces.

That said, it would probably be easier just to trade Melo and pick up a complementary Star or multiple pieces to fill out the gaps in the roster. Now whether they would even trade Melo is another question entirely.

king4day
05-02-2012, 10:35 AM
If the Suns were to trade a bad contract in return, I think Frye might make the most sense for NY since he can help spread the floor and allow a pick and roll with Chandler take place.

I'd rather keep him but maybe if we did that, we can then go and try to sign Ryan Anderson to replace him.

Pacerlive
05-02-2012, 10:42 AM
If the Suns were to trade a bad contract in return, I think Frye might make the most sense for NY since he can help spread the floor and allow a pick and roll with Chandler take place.

I'd rather keep him but maybe if we did that, we can then go and try to sign Ryan Anderson to replace him.

You guys realize he is not only overpaid but chronically injuried with a bulging disc in his back right? Thats worse than a herinated disc which Howard has. I think the only thing he can do is get a fusion done to fix it but he won't do that since that will cause other complications.

Amare is done with a capital D. Anyone who even trades a healthly player like Frye who is overpaid is stupid to do such.

Enjoy that contract Knick fan.

justinnum1
05-02-2012, 10:46 AM
bosh for stat

nah. just playin:p

JordansBulls
05-02-2012, 11:40 AM
yikes

Amare is simply a better player than Boozer. Had the Bulls had Amare last season instead of Boozer we would have won it all. Amare wouldn't get outplayed by Bosh like Boozer did.

nycericanguy
05-02-2012, 11:45 AM
You guys realize he is not only overpaid but chronically injuried with a bulging disc in his back right? Thats worse than a herinated disc which Howard has. I think the only thing he can do is get a fusion done to fix it but he won't do that since that will cause other complications.

Amare is done with a capital D. Anyone who even trades a healthly player like Frye who is overpaid is stupid to do such.

Enjoy that contract Knick fan.

Where are you getting that info from? A bulging disc is not chronic, nor is it worse than a herniated disc. A bulging disc just needs rest, which Amare got. Actually alot of people have bulging discs to some degree and don't even know it. Amare isn't hurt anymore, you can see the explosiveness is there. Howard had to have surgery and is done for the year. Howards injury was much worse.

mjm07
05-02-2012, 11:51 AM
Amare is simply a better player than Boozer. Had the Bulls had Amare last season instead of Boozer we would have won it all. Amare wouldn't get outplayed by Bosh like Boozer did.

Amare when healthy is more dominant than Bosh but please dude its not by a lot. Your Bulls would've lost regardless. Let it go already.

Amare and Bosh, statisticaly, are pretty equal IMO. Right now, however, i'd rank them:

Bosh
Boozer
Amare

TBH Id rather have Taj than Amare right now.

JordansBulls
05-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Amare when healthy is more dominant than Bosh but please dude its not by a lot. Your Bulls would've lost regardless. Let it go already.

Amare and Bosh, statisticaly, are pretty equal IMO. Right now, however, i'd rank them:

Bosh
Boozer
Amare

TBH Id rather have Taj than Amare right now.

You are missing the point

This is what Boozer did that series vs Bosh

Boozer
14.4 PPG / 10.2 RPG / 1.6 APG / 0.8 SPG / 0.8 BPG / 1.0 TPG / 40.7% FG / 0.00% 3 PT FG / 77.4% FT

Bosh
23.2 PPG / 7.6 RPG / 1.2 APG / 0.60 SPG / 1.0 BPG / 2.0 TPG / 60.0% FG / 0.00% 3 PT FG / 91.4% FT

uprightciti
05-02-2012, 11:55 AM
why are people ******** on stat so much dont any of you realize that his year now is the exact same as how bosh's was last year

trying to see your place and giving up the center piece role of a team would be a major adjustment to anyone

christ!

elledaddy
05-02-2012, 12:12 PM
I have a hard time believing anyone would want that contract. Also, his knees could go at any point... not really a hot commodity.

he is only hurting the situation too. Can't believe he punched a fire extinguisher haha... only the Knicks.

Did anybody say D Rose or Shumpert knee can go at anytime? Stat knees aren't any more prone to injury than any other player

Stinkyoutsider
05-02-2012, 12:27 PM
Honestly, I can't see anyone trading for a guy who's got a bad back and a non-insured 100 million dollar contract...

Just thought about this one. What about a Stat for Boozer deal? The Bulls can't possibly be happy with Boozer being a fade away jump shooter now (what happended to his drop step and jump hook) and Amare needs to be the top option for him to be successful.

Amare doesn't play defense so the Bulls as a unit can cover him on the defensive end. The Bulls would have another scorer who can do some damage. The Knicks probably would like a 4 who can spot up and hit open jumpers with Anthony taking control of the team (and shots). Boozer would be great for them.

justinnum1
05-02-2012, 12:31 PM

Of course he would have.

NJBASEBALL22
05-02-2012, 12:56 PM
why are people ******** on stat so much dont any of you realize that his year now is the exact same as how bosh's was last year

trying to see your place and giving up the center piece role of a team would be a major adjustment to anyone

christ!

People are down on Stat for 2 reasons:
1. He doesn't mesh offensively w/ Carmelo (not his fault)
2. He doesn't offer much on D and his a great rebounder for his size
and I guess there is a 3rd.
3. He is injury prone and losing his athleticism.

Personally, I like both Amare and Melo (to a much lesser extent) but one of them needs to go...

In my opinion (and I know I will get reamed for this), you deal Melo. And for a few reasons...
1. You can get more back in return... you can probably deal them to my Nets for Deron and Morrow (since we have no picks left. or straight up for Deron). I would not do this if I was the Nets but Deron might blow dodge so get what you can. Or call indy for Granger. Philly for Turner plus Iggy. The Hornets for Eric Gordon and Jason Smith. Utah for Hayward and Jeremy Evans. The Hawks for Joe Johnson (say what you will about Johnson being a p*ssy or whatever but he shown he can strive as a 2 or 3 with a solid PG). The point is, none of those teams might make those deals but you can still mention them without being instantly rejected, there is room to work with, with Amare, that isn't true.
2. Melo's offense needs a specific type of scheme revolved around him; Lin, Amare, Tyson, and JR do not fit in that. You can fit Amare into (not many, but more) types of offenses. To fit around Lin, Amare, and Tyson, a better trade might be to Indy for Paul and/or Granger. Those type of spot up shooters that can also drive would fit a better with Lin. Now, on to defense. Neither Melo or Amare offer any D (I know, I know, Melo started playing good D this year... still not good though). Anyway, Woodson is a defensive-minded coach, get him some guys that can do that... I am confident that Amare is more valuable on D than Melo can be, Amare's length and diminishing athleticism allow him to be a good help-side defender. Get Woodson what he needs.
3. Nobody will deal for Amare, his contract and injury concerns are too much.
4. Reiterating point 2 to some extent, some would say Amare doesn't fit with this time, but to me, it is Melo that is having trouble co-existing with Amare and eventually Lin. Melo's ball-stopping, slow it down, pound it into the floor, jab step J or drive doesn't help post players or spot up shooters and penetrating guards that kick it out and post players that draw a double and kick it aren't really helped by Melo because he isn't a spot up shooter. See, Amare doesn't fit well offensively with Melo, but Melo doesn't fit offensively with any other teammates. For as great of a scorer as he is, he needs an offense tailored to him- Amare as well but to a much lesser extent.

That is just how I see it. Regardless, neither will be moved... I'd be surprised if either was.

oak2455
05-02-2012, 01:04 PM
bosh for stat

nah. just playin:p

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbp7TX2JdIn2ff8lDDUe7QGwO6rvI1k _yKkp3cBFcbyf_dfknJ

:p just playing:p

GONYGONYKNICKS
05-02-2012, 01:15 PM
Any player who you "deem" must score 25-30 per game needs "the offense tailored to him."

Whether those player pieces needed for tailoring are there are not on the squad is different story.

So is Melo easier to build around given what the Knicks have or is STAT? I say Melo.

But opinions abound. I just don't get the Melo hate given the best this team has played in the last two years (beating playoffs quality squads) was with Melo at the 4 being the piece around which the O runs.

Amar'e for as wonderful as last year was -- the games they won on their good stretch were scrubs.

Sinestro
05-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Bobcats, have the Knicks give them more draft picks as well

Pacerlive
05-02-2012, 01:27 PM
Where are you getting that info from? A bulging disc is not chronic, nor is it worse than a herniated disc. A bulging disc just needs rest, which Amare got. Actually alot of people have bulging discs to some degree and don't even know it. Amare isn't hurt anymore, you can see the explosiveness is there. Howard had to have surgery and is done for the year. Howards injury was much worse.

Usually a herniated disc will heal on its own over time. About half of people with a herniated disc get better within 1 month, and most are better within 6 months. Only about 1 person in 10 eventually has surgery.2

http://www.webmd.com/back-pain/tc/herniated-disc-topic-overview?page=2

Alot of people have bulging but when there is severe pain involve that actually needs a epidural then your getting into the area where it is chronic and yes rest will help but how much rest can a basketball player take in a 82 game season.

IF he was a pg then things maybe different but being a older PF the guy will have chronic back problems and will miss more games next year as a result.

Edit: There is only one guy that I can think of who came back from a serious back problem (disc heriniation) and that was a "young" Scottie Pippen. There are tons of examples of NBA player retiring due to chronic pain in their back one of which was on the Pacers this year (Jeff Foster).

Rain 816
05-02-2012, 01:36 PM
the bobcats would take his contract, but they would want Bibby thrown in because he's a proven winner.

:clap:i second this....bobcats would be stupid to turn this down...if it was offered

LA_Raiders
05-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Nobody, He will get traded once his contract is expiring...

nycericanguy
05-02-2012, 01:48 PM
http://www.webmd.com/back-pain/tc/herniated-disc-topic-overview?page=2

Alot of people have bulging but when there is severe pain involve that actually needs a epidural then your getting into the area where it is chronic and yes rest will help but how much rest can a basketball player take in a 82 game season.

IF he was a pg then things maybe different but being a older PF the guy will have chronic back problems and will miss more games next year as a result.

Edit: There is only one guy that I can think of who came back from a serious back problem (disc heriniation) and that was a "young" Scottie Pippen. There are tons of examples of NBA player retiring due to chronic pain in their back one of which was on the Pacers this year (Jeff Foster).

howard is the one with the herniated disc, Amare had a bulge.

And I never read anywhere that Amare's was chronic. Just because you get an epidural doesn't mean its chronic, an epidural is to relieve pain. Chronic means it never goes away, thats waht Foster had. Amare was back within a couple of weeks and doesn't seem to be showing any slowdown from it.

Blitzace137
05-02-2012, 01:50 PM
Jeremy Lin isn't a rookie.

He's practically a rookie he never was a rotation guy last year with the warriors this is his first actual season being a rotation guy/starter.

KnickaBocka.44
05-02-2012, 02:36 PM
What it comes down to is that the Knicks will be open to moving him. If they get garbage offers then they won't move him...it's that simple.

Pacerlive
05-02-2012, 02:36 PM
howard is the one with the herniated disc, Amare had a bulge.

And I never read anywhere that Amare's was chronic. Just because you get an epidural doesn't mean its chronic, an epidural is to relieve pain. Chronic means it never goes away, thats waht Foster had. Amare was back within a couple of weeks and doesn't seem to be showing any slowdown from it.

You got to do a better job of connecting the dots man! You think the Knicks are going to release that type of info on Amare?

Here is how a bulging disc causes back spasms.

The cause of the muscle spasm lies in the fact that the bulging disc is pressing against the ligament that holds it in place. Since this ligament contains nerves, the result is pain. Because of the initial pain, the back muscles go into spasm as part of the body's effort to immobilize the painful area. Rather than improving matters, the result is more pain.

After several episodes of this type, the bulge may become what is called herniated, indicating that the problem has worsened involving the sciatic nerve and spinal nerve root compression.

Last year in the playoffs Amare went out with back spasms. The guy has a chronic back problem that will only get worse and the steriod injections can give relief for months but he will still have a chronic back problem.

D12 fan
05-02-2012, 03:25 PM
The Knick franchise must be cursed,because they always have drama with their franchise.