PDA

View Full Version : Deron Williams leaning toward Nets over Mavs

waveycrockett
05-01-2012, 03:24 PM
per the NY Daily News

According to a prominent Nets reporter for the local New York area newspaper, Deron Williams is leaning towards re-signing with the Brooklyn Nets. Last week, Williams revealed that he would like to make his decision before the Olympics games as he plans to play for Team USA in London. Based on all indications, the All-Star point guards decision is coming down to the Dallas Mavericks or Brooklyn Nets
Note that Stefan Bondy is one of the more realistic and reputable guys who covers the Nets so for him to report this is a good lead on where DWill's head is at. He actually prefers the Nets sign Dragic and Ilyasova instead of DWill.

http://www.iamagm.com/news/2012/05/01/nydailynews.deron.williams.leaning.toward.re.signi ng.brookln.nets?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

COOLbeans
05-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Wow loyalty

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-01-2012, 03:28 PM
I have no doubt that Dwight will get traded this summer to Brooklyn, and then D-Will re-signs with them. No surprise here.

kdspurman
05-01-2012, 03:29 PM
No surprise here... Mostly Mavs fans thought he was going to Dallas tbh...

kdspurman
05-01-2012, 03:29 PM
I have no doubt that Dwight will get traded this summer to Brooklyn, and then D-Will re-signs with them. No surprise here.

:nod: exactly what I was thinking...

TylerSL
05-01-2012, 03:30 PM
nice, I hope they get Howard so they can lose to Miami and Chicago for the next 5 years!!

RaiderLakersA's
05-01-2012, 03:33 PM
D-Will should take all of the time that he needs before making a decision. Don't pull a D. Howard and throw all of your cards out on the table too early. Play it close to the vest and then decide at a point after all of the teams are in a position to negotiate with him. I think the results of this year's playoffs will force a few contenders to make drastic changes. Wait it out.

netsgiantsyanks
05-01-2012, 03:36 PM
cool. i'll believe when he signs.

waveycrockett
05-01-2012, 03:36 PM
D-Will should take all of the time that he needs before making a decision. Don't pull a D. Howard and throw all of your cards out on the table too early. Play it close to the vest and then decide at a point after all of the teams are in a position to negotiate with him. I think the results of this year's playoffs will force a few contenders to make drastic changes. Wait it out.

How does taking his time change anything except hurt whatever team he plans on going to? It's been down to these 2 teams for the past year. None of the other "contenders" besides the Mavs have the cap room to get DWill and Nets wont S&T him.

Greet
05-01-2012, 03:38 PM

I think it's the opposite. D-Will doesn't want to get the scrutiny that Howard got. He wants to make a decision and get it over with.

Cal827
05-01-2012, 03:38 PM

Yup. Dwight's Bipolar comments, and Bynum's development (making it a lot closer between the #2 and #1 center) have basically sealed this.

Sadds The Gr8
05-01-2012, 03:42 PM
he should come to Toronto.

waveycrockett
05-01-2012, 03:46 PM
he should come to Toronto.

On vacation?

Ill21
05-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Glad to hear

5ass
05-01-2012, 03:58 PM
if this happens nash is signing with the mavs

topdog
05-01-2012, 04:02 PM
I'd imagine that if the Nets get enough talent this summer, that DWill will re-sign.

BoilerMan013
05-01-2012, 04:07 PM
How does taking his time change anything except hurt whatever team he plans on going to? It's been down to these 2 teams for the past year. None of the other "contenders" besides the Mavs have the cap room to get DWill and Nets wont S&T him.

Actually, the Pacers have enough cap room to sign him if they drop some free agent rights and sign him before signing Hibbert. But you would never in a million years hear about a Pacers-superstar rumor lmao

D12 fan
05-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Where is that Dallas fan who kept sayin Dwill to the Mavs was a lock.LMFAO

I always said Dallas was overated as a suitor for Dwill,they have a aging Dirk and no future,at least Brooklyn has some young pieces to build around Lopez,Brooks,Green.

Ezio
05-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Actually, the Pacers have enough cap room to sign him if they drop some free agent rights and sign him before signing Hibbert. But you would never in a million years hear about a Pacers-superstar rumor lmao

I got you guys signing Nash :up:

oak2455
05-01-2012, 04:17 PM
This will be 1 of 100 articles .... But looks like the Nets for now

harlequin018
05-01-2012, 04:18 PM
Thats just jibberish. There's no reason for DWill to stay with the Nets. If he wants titles, he needs to move, and the best option for him is Dallas.

BoilerMan013
05-01-2012, 04:21 PM
I got you guys signing Nash :up:

I would be incredibly okay with that. :)

On topic, I think that between the Nets and Mavericks, the Nets are a better bet. Dallas has shown that it can be a conteder when Nowitzki plays out of his mind, but they're gonna basically be starting over.

netsgiantsyanks
05-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Thats just jibberish. There's no reason for DWill to stay with the Nets. If he wants titles, he needs to move, and the best option for him is Dallas.

says the possible dallas fan.

justinnum1
05-01-2012, 04:28 PM
He should

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-01-2012, 04:32 PM
do the LT:dance:

Ebbs
05-01-2012, 04:39 PM
I still think he comes to big D

LAKERMANIA
05-01-2012, 04:40 PM
I think he has a better chance at winning a title with Dallas to be honest..

waveycrockett
05-01-2012, 04:40 PM

DWill is not dumb. Dallas is a very old team that is only getting older unless he wants to play out his career with Brandon Wright and Roddy Beoboubis as his sidekicks.

waveycrockett
05-01-2012, 04:41 PM

For 2013 sure.

Rockice_8
05-01-2012, 04:42 PM
I hope he says cause that Brooklyn arena needs a star. Everything you hear about it makes it sound like a sick place to play.

As for Dwight he can rot in Orlando. He had his chance to be with D-Will and he backed out. I hope the Nets land a top 3 pick so they either get Davis at 1 or use 2/3 to bring in J-Smooth.

D-Will, Brooks, Wallace, Smooth, Lopez should be more then enough to get into the playoffs and keep the seats filled.

D12 fan
05-01-2012, 04:45 PM

Dwill is not signing with Dallas,they have no future.

Dallas future=old Dirk,old Marion,old Haywood.

ne3xchamps
05-01-2012, 04:50 PM
I'm not at all surprised. D12 didn't get traded or sign an extension. Looks like NJ will get 2 of their big 3 after all, without having to tap into young talent/picks.

rickshaw
05-01-2012, 04:55 PM

They'll amnesty Haywood and have cap room galore.

Young and Stupid
05-01-2012, 04:55 PM
Brooklyn Nets fan here (that's the first time I've ever written that): I, for one, think that Deron Williams will resign with the team. It's not because the Nets provide him with a perfect situation -- although what they can offer him off-the-court is as good as it gets -- but because there really isn't a perfect situation out there for him. The only substantive reason to go the Mavericks would be that he's from Texas; the team itself does not have much upside going forward. In fact, I'd argue that the Nets can offer him a more promising future in terms of the construction of the team.

However, I have trouble seeing the Nets acquiring Dwight Howard unless they land a top-3 pick in this year's draft. Thanks to an excruciatingly dumb trade by Billy King, the Nets will only retain their draft pick this year if it falls within the top-3. Here's to hoping that David Stern can work his Magic (pardon the cheap pun).

Rockice_8
05-01-2012, 04:59 PM
I'm not at all surprised. D12 didn't get traded or sign an extension. Looks like NJ will get 2 of their big 3 after all, without having to tap into young talent/picks.

How are they getting Dwight then? I'm pretty sure they're going to have to still Trade Lopez, Brooks, S&T Hump and future picks (as a starting point). Orlando isn't giving him away even if they have a fractured relationship and his back is hurt.

Rockice_8
05-01-2012, 05:01 PM
They'll amnesty Haywood and have cap room galore.

Which all goes away the minute D-Will signs. They have to amnesty Haywood just to get D-Will. Is swapping Haywood for D-Will going to make Dallas contenders, I think not.

drobe86
05-01-2012, 05:01 PM

But New Jersey has a future? Lol.. That's comical dude. Nets haven't done anything EVER.. Would you rather play for a winning organization or play for a team that hasn't won since Petrovic? And were they even winning then? Bottom line is, the Mavs will always be a better and more relevant team to the NBA than the Nets. It doesn't matter if Dirk, Kidd, Terry, or Marion plays with us or not.

And seriously would you rather play for Avery Johnson or a Championsip caliber coach in Rick Carlisle?

Rockice_8
05-01-2012, 05:06 PM
But New Jersey has a future? Lol.. That's comical dude. Nets haven't done anything EVER.. Would you rather play for a winning organization or play for a team that hasn't won since Petrovic? And were they even winning then? Bottom line is, the Mavs will always be a better and more relevant team to the NBA than the Nets. It doesn't matter if Dirk, Kidd, Terry, or Marion plays with us or not.

And seriously would you rather play for Avery Johnson or a Championsip caliber coach in Rick Carlisle?

You have no idea what your talking about. The Nets are an easy team to take shots at but at least do it right. Petrovic? Jason Kidd ring a bell?

Avery, the guy that took the Mavs to their first ever Finals appearance. 1st ever finals appearance was in 06' and now all of a sudden you're the Celtics/Lakers/Spurs? GTFO

More relevant says who? Brooklyn is a way bigger city and market then Dallas.

drobe86
05-01-2012, 05:12 PM
You have no idea what your talking about. The Nets are an easy team to take shots at but at least do it right. Petrovic? Jason Kidd ring a bell?

Well yea.. I certainly forgot about that. But even then they were making it to the Finals in a weak East and getting swept in the Finals..

drobe86
05-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Which all goes away the minute D-Will signs. They have to amnesty Haywood just to get D-Will. Is swapping Haywood for D-Will going to make Dallas contenders, I think not.

I'm pretty sure if we trade a bum C and add an All Star PG we're going to get better. Haywood brings nothing but 5 fouls to the table. Deron can give you 20 pts and 8-10 assist easy.. There isn't a single GM in the NBA that won't make that trade.

Young and Stupid
05-01-2012, 05:17 PM
Well yea.. I certainly forgot about that. But even then they were making it to the Finals in a weak East and getting swept in the Finals..

Not that this discussion of either team's history holds any relevance, but: Didn't the Mavericks just win their first championship in the history of the franchise last season?

drobe86
05-01-2012, 05:18 PM

Avery, the guy that took the Mavs to their first ever Finals appearance. 1st ever finals appearance was in 06' and now all of a sudden you're the Celtics/Lakers/Spurs? GTFO

Maybe a bigger market but that won't matter if you don't win games man. I'm not saying were LA, Boston, SA or Chi as far as history goes. But were alot higher on the NBA food chain than New Jersey. And Avery sucks man. Tell me his record in New Jersey? This season is about as bad as it'll EVER get in Dallas and were still a playoff game. How many more decades before New Jersey contends again?

drobe86
05-01-2012, 05:20 PM
Not that this discussion of either team's history holds any relevance, but: Didn't the Mavericks just win their first championship in the history of the franchise last season?

That's correct but what does that have to do with anything? The Nets have been a bottom 3 team in the NBA for some time now... And how does that change? You have Deron Williams and Brook Lopez and they still bad.

spreadeagle
05-01-2012, 05:21 PM
Too bad BK gave away there lotto pic this year for Wallace...that n Lopez would prob get a deal done

spreadeagle
05-01-2012, 05:22 PM
Brooklyn Nets fan here (that's the first time I've ever written that): I, for one, think that Deron Williams will resign with the team. It's not because the Nets provide him with a perfect situation -- although what they can offer him off-the-court is as good as it gets -- but because there really isn't a perfect situation out there for him. The only substantive reason to go the Mavericks would be that he's from Texas; the team itself does not have much upside going forward. In fact, I'd argue that the Nets can offer him a more promising future in terms of the construction of the team.

However, I have trouble seeing the Nets acquiring Dwight Howard unless they land a top-3 pick in this year's draft. Thanks to an excruciatingly dumb trade by Billy King, the Nets will only retain their draft pick this year if it falls within the top-3. Here's to hoping that David Stern can work his Magic (pardon the cheap pun).

yup

netsgiantsyanks
05-01-2012, 05:28 PM

avery johnson is a good coach, he just has a ****** team, which can obviously change. speaking of the mavs, didn't avery lead them to the finals?

just because the nets haven't done anything ever(even though they went to the nba finals 2 years in a row not too long ago :rolleyes: ) doesn't mean they won't do anything. it's ok, i know you want deron williams so badly. me, if he leaves, it wouldn't surprise me. so, if he does go to the mavs, good luck.

Young and Stupid
05-01-2012, 05:33 PM
[/B]

avery johnson is a good coach, he just has a ****** team, which can obviously change. speaking of the mavs, didn't avery lead them to the finals?

just because the nets haven't done anything ever(even though they went to the nba finals 2 years in a row not too long ago :rolleyes: ) doesn't mean they won't do anything. it's ok, i know you want deron williams so badly. me, if he leaves, it wouldn't surprise me. so, if he does go to the mavs, good luck.

Avery Johnson is not a good coach.

chrislu31
05-01-2012, 05:44 PM

Agreed. This scenario is beginning to look rather obvious IMO.

kenzo400
05-01-2012, 05:58 PM
If the Nets magically win the lottery i'm going to be pissed. Imagine Dwight Howard, Davis and Deron. That's just ridiculous.

waveycrockett
05-01-2012, 06:01 PM

Your absolutely right. New Jersey doesn't have a future, heck they don't even have a basketball team. The BROOKLYN Nets on the other hand have a very bright future.

netsgiantsyanks
05-01-2012, 06:05 PM
i see what you did there.

Metsboi69
05-01-2012, 06:15 PM
Listen I'm sure were going to hear reports both ways. Nets I believe have the upper hand now, but a lot is going to happen around draft day. If only Billy King didn't trade that first round pick the Nets would really have something to either build with, or at least trade in terms of assets; while still signing Gerald Wallace as a FA.

theheatles
05-01-2012, 06:17 PM
BROOKLYN or dallas....hmmm

easy choice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L21uZPAeBk

boolish
05-01-2012, 06:19 PM
of course he is. he makes way more money with brooklyn than he does with DAL. it may be 2012, but it's still All about the benjamins. dwill isn't even going to London without a long term deal baby. Now that's sacrifice.

Oldmantrash
05-01-2012, 06:31 PM
I'm going to curb my enthusiasm for now, every time I get excited about the Nets doing something, I get let down

I am optimistic about it, but at the same time ready for dissapointment.

IIISSKiLL
05-01-2012, 06:54 PM
Dallas fans are upset.. Dallas is trying to pull a Miami Heat and they are going to fail ! D12 wants to go to brooklyn and d will is all about his money(why else would he play for turkey during the lock out) dallas could have tried to go for another ring but cuban risked it on trying to get these 2 guys.. theres no doubt in my mind that brooklyn will have d12 and deron will for the start of next season.. orlando does not want to go thru this bs again

Metsboi69
05-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Dallas fans are upset.. Dallas is trying to pull a Miami Heat and they are going to fail ! D12 wants to go to brooklyn and d will is all about his money(why else would he play for turkey during the lock out) dallas could have tried to go for another ring but cuban risked it on trying to get these 2 guys.. theres no doubt in my mind that brooklyn will have d12 and deron will for the start of next season.. orlando does not want to go thru this bs again

If the Nets didn't trade that first round pick I think D12 would be a Net. I just don't see how BROOKLYN can acquire Howard with the assets they have, currently constructed.

IIISSKiLL
05-01-2012, 07:40 PM
If the Nets didn't trade that first round pick I think D12 would be a Net. I just don't see how BROOKLYN can acquire Howard with the assets they have, currently constructed.

now adays a player with one year left on its contract goes where HE wants to go.. besides i highly doubt orlando wants to put up with d12's ******** all over again this season

KB24PG16
05-01-2012, 07:43 PM
On vacation?

:laugh2:

LA_Raiders
05-01-2012, 07:48 PM
I hope so.

smith&wesson
05-01-2012, 08:00 PM
i think its a safe bet that d howard goes to brooklyn now to play with d.will.

elizur
05-01-2012, 08:19 PM

The nets are irrelevent globally, and in NYC. Go Knicks!

MagicBucsSox
05-01-2012, 08:26 PM

The nets have nothing to offer Orlando. No. Nothing. No picks, no Lopez, no hump, no Wallace, and yes no willams. So idk what u see.

JOhnnyTHaJet
05-01-2012, 08:39 PM
The nets have nothing to offer Orlando. No. Nothing. No picks, no Lopez, no hump, no Wallace, and yes no willams. So idk what u see.

While the assets are lower it would be very interesting if the Nets end up with a top 3 pick, which they have more than a 25% chance of getting. Since Howards back is a cause for concern now the Nets deal will most likely be lower.

IMO A sign and trade with Lopez, a top 3 pick, a couple of future firsts, and a player for Howard and Turks contract could certainly get it done, especially if Howard demands the Nets only.

still1ballin
05-01-2012, 08:56 PM
do the LT:dance:

:dance:

waveycrockett
05-01-2012, 09:14 PM

Why would they need to offer anything?

Punk
05-01-2012, 09:18 PM
Not surprised. The Mavs don't look great, even WITH Deron they will not be anywhere close to the Championship Mavericks team.

Deron already is doing appearances for his MetroPCS contract in Brooklyn and the hype, logo, the entire vibe probably has him excited at the possibility to play there with Wallace, Howard. They already have talent.

I think he'll stay. He could live in Dallas during the summer considering he would probably be making 100 million in Brooklyn.

jkiddvc20
05-01-2012, 09:36 PM
Do not wanna get that excited just yet...

Lindystud36
05-01-2012, 09:46 PM
DWill will sign a contract that won't be for the max
GWallace will take a discount
BLopez is the face of that franchise and wil take a discount
Nets will look to sign OJ Mayo to play 6 man/ harden role
Nets are destined for a reward pick from the NBA - ADavis

PG: DWill
SG: MBrooks
SF: GWallace
PF: ADavis (Trade the pick) for BlockBuster
C: Brook Lopez
6:OJ Mayo
7 Andre Kirelinko ( stashed in Russia)
8 Lamar Odom ( native to east coast)

blastmasta26
05-01-2012, 09:56 PM
DWill will sign a contract that won't be for the max
GWallace will take a discount
BLopez is the face of that franchise and wil take a discount
Nets will look to sign OJ Mayo to play 6 man/ harden role
Nets are destined for a reward pick from the NBA - ADavis

PG: DWill
SG: MBrooks
SF: GWallace
PF: ADavis (Trade the pick) for BlockBuster
C: Brook Lopez
6:OJ Mayo
7 Andre Kirelinko ( stashed in Russia)
8 Lamar Odom ( native to east coast)
Why would anyone take a discount? The Heat are the only ones to do right now, and they make more money in Florida due to the lack of a state income tax.

Fargus
05-01-2012, 10:15 PM
And in a couple weeks reports will be saying he is favoring Dallas. Something seems familiar about this...

shep33
05-01-2012, 10:17 PM
I don't think Nets fans should get comfortable with this statement.

waveycrockett
05-01-2012, 10:55 PM
I don't think Nets fans should get comfortable with this statement.

I'm a Nets fan who completely agrees with you. But somethings gotta give, right?

D12 fan
05-01-2012, 11:22 PM
If Deron was a smart man he would demand a sign n trade to Orlando,so he can play with his buddy Dwight.

Jameer(exp),Anderson,Redick(exp) for Dwill,Petro(bad contract)

I know im dreaming.

oak2455
05-01-2012, 11:27 PM
he will be a Net unless he changes his mind......and NBA players don't do that :)

JerseysFinest
05-01-2012, 11:29 PM
I think theres a good chance he stays, but I won't feel comfortable until I hear from his own mouth he will stay with the Nets.

asmarks18
05-02-2012, 03:02 AM
We'll see what happens but I like the Mavs chances at getting him. And even if Dirk is going to be 34. He still has 2 or 3 years of elite basketball left in him. His game requires very little athleticism. He could come home to DFW, play for a better team and still get a max contract with no state income tax.

jmoney85
05-02-2012, 03:38 AM
We'll see what happens but I like the Mavs chances at getting him. And even if Dirk is going to be 34. He still has 2 or 3 years of elite basketball left in him. His game requires very little athleticism. He could come home to DFW, play for a better team and still get a max contract with no state income tax.

dirk will not be playing for 3 more years

asmarks18
05-02-2012, 03:40 AM
dirk will not be playing for 3 more years

How do you figure? He's only 33 and is in the prime of his career. Thats a pretty bold statement with no real insight to make that claim.

jmoney85
05-02-2012, 03:49 AM
How do you figure? He's only 33 and is in the prime of his career. Thats a pretty bold statement with no real insight to make that claim.

im pretty sure he made a comment about retiring in 2 years

asmarks18
05-02-2012, 03:52 AM
im pretty sure he made a comment about retiring in 2 years

link? And I highly doubt he was serious about that. Maybe if the team was awful and he couldn't contend for the playoffs/title anymore but I don't ever see us not being in the thick of things as long as Dirk and Cuban are around. Those guys are too committed to winning. Plus Dirk makes 20 million a year. How in the world could you walk away from that?

jmoney85
05-02-2012, 04:08 AM
link? And I highly doubt he was serious about that. Maybe if the team was awful and he couldn't contend for the playoffs/title anymore but I don't ever see us not being in the thick of things as long as Dirk and Cuban are around. Those guys are too committed to winning. Plus Dirk makes 20 million a year. How in the world could you walk away from that?

im not going to go digging for the link but it was discussed in one of the dwight howard/dwill threads... it might not have been 2 years but it was a relatively short time period... he said something about wanting to go back to germany and coach...and why would you doubt he was serious about that? do you know him or something?

asmarks18
05-02-2012, 04:12 AM
im not going to go digging for the link but it was discussed in one of the dwight howard/dwill threads... it might not have been 2 years but it was a relatively short time period... he said something about wanting to go back to germany and coach...and why would you doubt he was serious about that? do you know him or something?

I hate people who ask this stupid question. I was giving my opinion. Why would Dirk go back to Germany in 2 or 3 years and coach when he is still in the prime of his career and making a ton of money here in the states? Think about it. Really makes no sense and all just a bunch of hear say on your part. Dirk will be playing at least 4 more seasons at the very least, imo. Hell, the guy isn't even 35 yet. He is still relatively young and his game requires almost no athleticism. He will be knocking down jump shots and getting his 6 or 7 rebounds a night many years from now assuming he stays healthy.

nyknygnyy09
05-02-2012, 04:51 AM
wow if that's true that's crazy. no disrespect towards the nets or anything but he had his test run and saw what lies ahead.. not very much. idk how the nets improve their roster, assuming wallace opts out. it's one of the worst free agency years in recent memory. maybe if they can swing ray allen and kevin garnett to add to resigning lopez and williams, it'd be worth it. Loyalty's great and all but idk how you turn down your hometown and defending champs.

nate2usmc
05-02-2012, 08:36 AM
wow if that's true that's crazy. no disrespect towards the nets or anything but he had his test run and saw what lies ahead.. not very much. idk how the nets improve their roster, assuming wallace opts out. it's one of the worst free agency years in recent memory. maybe if they can swing ray allen and kevin garnett to add to resigning lopez and williams, it'd be worth it. Loyalty's great and all but idk how you turn down your hometown and defending champs.

They have cap space to sign better players than they have now!

oak2455
05-02-2012, 09:03 AM
This is a forum yet some can't have a opinion :laugh::laugh:

moneygman
05-02-2012, 09:25 AM

New Jersey has no future.

BUT Brooklyn does.

benzni
05-02-2012, 11:44 AM
I hope so.

jmoney85
05-02-2012, 12:57 PM
I hate people who ask this stupid question. I was giving my opinion. Why would Dirk go back to Germany in 2 or 3 years and coach when he is still in the prime of his career and making a ton of money here in the states? Think about it. Really makes no sense and all just a bunch of hear say on your part. Dirk will be playing at least 4 more seasons at the very least, imo. Hell, the guy isn't even 35 yet. He is still relatively young and his game requires almost no athleticism. He will be knocking down jump shots and getting his 6 or 7 rebounds a night many years from now assuming he stays healthy.

dirk is already declining... if you think he will be in the prime of his career in 3 years you are nuts

DoMeFavors
05-02-2012, 01:00 PM
BTW Mavs fans not only is Deron staying a Net but Jason Kidd will be a Net also, he said in an interview this year it would be a honor, and he is backing up Deron at point guard whereever he goes. Pray you get Nash.

AnthonyTyrael
05-02-2012, 01:04 PM

So you heard ********. He's under contract and maybe that's the thing "any guys" were talking about and just that. He truly said a couple times that he's not sure if he continous to play after his current contract expires and that it's a matter of him staying competitive as well as healthy. He never ever said anything about coaching before neither professionals nor kids, never heard of that and it doesn't even sound like him. He said a dozen times that he's not sure if he stays in the U.S. or if he wants to go back here, or if he'll better split the time that he spends in both countries.

I'd say he tends to stay overseas, due to the advantages and his relationship, also he spend almost half his life in the United States.

Concerning his career, he either might retire or hang on a couple more years just like Garnett and Duncan. In opposite to Kobe, he doesn't care if he's scoring 20+ or way less. In todays game, age isn't the primary obstacle. Over the past 20 years, lots of players played past and beyond an age of 38 and even 40 years. If his body isn't all worn down, when he's still having fun and being motivated and when he's not being tired of the exhausting NBA traveling with an 82 game schedule.... he might tend to play one or two more years.

Just like asmarks18 said before, there's not much fact in your tale but lots of fiction.

KnickaBocka.44
05-02-2012, 01:12 PM

This is just not true. Look at his career averages. He is declining. I know he went off in the playoffs last year and led his team amazingly, but I don't think he has it in him again.

asmarks18
05-02-2012, 02:00 PM
They have cap space to sign better players than they have now!

Ummm what? There is no one in free agency better than Dirk so this statement is false.

asmarks18
05-02-2012, 02:00 PM
This is just not true. Look at his career averages. He is declining. I know he went off in the playoffs last year and led his team amazingly, but I don't think he has it in him again.

Really? Because he's averaging 28 ppg so far in the Thunder series. He looks like the same Dirk to me.

justinnum1
05-02-2012, 02:01 PM
He would be the man in brooklyn

asmarks18
05-02-2012, 02:03 PM
BTW Mavs fans not only is Deron staying a Net but Jason Kidd will be a Net also, he said in an interview this year it would be a honor, and he is backing up Deron at point guard whereever he goes. Pray you get Nash.

Meh. We'll see what happens. The **** you see in the media almost never happens. And JKidd could just as easily be Derons back up in Dallas.

asmarks18
05-02-2012, 02:04 PM
He would be the man in brooklyn

He already is and they suck. So whats your point? lol. He has two choices. Win more basketball games in Dallas or make more money with the Nets. Lets see whats moist important to him.

DoMeFavors
05-02-2012, 02:11 PM
He already is and they suck. So whats your point? lol. He has two choices. Win more basketball games in Dallas or make more money with the Nets. Lets see whats moist important to him.

Does Deron really want Brendan Haywood to be his center, and all the other old guys. Once they all star to decline A LOT, he is going to hate it. JET is already leaving so who are the Mavs going to have?

justinnum1
05-02-2012, 02:13 PM

Playing in jersey is a lot different than playing in brooklyn. Why would he want to go to dallas? In 2 years the nets will be better than the mavs imo

amick
spoke with two contacts in russia close to andrei kirilenko. say AK to brooklyn nets deal in place. plans to sign 3-year after euroleague.

jmoney85
05-02-2012, 02:21 PM

dallas isnt even that good lol

Lindystud36
05-02-2012, 02:42 PM
Why would anyone take a discount? The Heat are the only ones to do right now, and they make more money in Florida due to the lack of a state income tax.

DWill is going to sign a HUGE endorsement deal in Brooklyn
I would take a discount if i was him, I would even negotiate my endorsement to cover what I am losing in my NBA Deal

asmarks18
05-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Does Deron really want Brendan Haywood to be his center, and all the other old guys. Once they all star to decline A LOT, he is going to hate it. JET is already leaving so who are the Mavs going to have?

Haywood is going to be amnestied. We are going to sign a different center this offseason I believe. One that actually gives effort and rebounds. Perhaps Dalembert if the Rockets don't retain him or Marcus Camby. Wouldn't be a big fan of pairing him with Dirk but Chris Kaman is an option too with his ties with Dirk on the German National team. And Jet wants to stay here and at the end of the day I'd put my money on us resigning him. He's just running his mouth because he wanted a contract extension and didn't get it.

knicks4life33
05-02-2012, 02:44 PM
He is staying with the nets . Howard wants a trade and howard is going to the nets obvisouly. So after all this deron and howard are goin be teamed up and the building will open up with 2 stars

asmarks18
05-02-2012, 02:44 PM

And the Nets are? lol get real dude. Deron and Dirk even if he is declining which he isn't with solid role players would likely be a top 3 team in the Western Conference.

justinnum1
05-02-2012, 02:48 PM
howard
hump
AK47
who cares
dwill

sounds like it could be a pretty scary team

asmarks18
05-02-2012, 02:52 PM
Assuming Howard goes to the Nets, Yes that is pretty damn good team but that is a big what if and a huge gamble for Deron to sign a 6 year contract with a team who doesn't know 100% sure that Howard is going to be a Net.

NJBASEBALL22
05-02-2012, 02:54 PM

Hope so. But not sure how Hump fits next to him. Williams and Howard are solid to build around though.

cwesleyf
05-02-2012, 03:04 PM
Nets fan are always deluded. It is highly doubtful that the Nets will have sufficient assets to acquire Dwight. The best player on the Nets is Deron Williams and he would never be included in any package to Orlando. The rest of the team is not playoff material. If Dwight goes it will be for more than New Jersey/Brooklyn can offer the Magic currently, unless the Nets win the lottery, which is highly unlikely. Dream on.

D12 fan
05-02-2012, 03:34 PM
Nets fan are always deluded. It is highly doubtful that the Nets will have sufficient assets to acquire Dwight. The best player on the Nets is Deron Williams and he would never be included in any package to Orlando. The rest of the team is not playoff material. If Dwight goes it will be for more than New Jersey/Brooklyn can offer the Magic currently, unless the Nets win the lottery, which is highly unlikely. Dream on.

Lopez,Wallace,1rd for Dwight that's fair value considering Dwight coming back from back surgery.

cwesleyf
05-02-2012, 03:35 PM
The Nets should trade Brook Lopez to Orlando for Ryan Anderson. Lopez would bring a little more scoring to Orlando and Anderson would bring a little more rebounding to the Nets. With Brooks foot problem the trade might be a bit risky, but it has an upside if he can remain healthy.

D12 fan
05-02-2012, 03:40 PM
The Nets should trade Brook Lopez to Orlando for Ryan Anderson. Lopez would bring a little more scoring to Orlando and Anderson would bring a little more rebounding to the Nets. With Brooks foot problem the trade might be a bit risky, but it has an upside if he can remain healthy.

You should change your name to Brooklyn Nets Hater.

Ryan Anderson for Brook Lopez.:facepalm:

cwesleyf
05-02-2012, 03:49 PM
Makes more sense than some of the deluded trade ideas I hear proposed by Nets fans for Dwight Howard. Ryan's team is in the playoffs again, Lopez's team with poor odds is waiting for the lottery.

D12 fan
05-02-2012, 04:04 PM
Makes more sense than some of the deluded trade ideas I hear proposed by Nets fans for Dwight Howard. Ryan's team is in the playoffs again, Lopez's team with poor odds is waiting for the lottery.

Ryan's team is in the playoffs because of Dwight,you are just a Nets hater,you must be a Knick fan.

OC Knights #11
05-02-2012, 04:18 PM
more like leaning towards money rather then the Mavs

netsgiantsyanks
05-02-2012, 04:22 PM
ryan anderson, i remember him, gave him up for nothing. :sigh:

shep33
05-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Lopez,Wallace,1rd for Dwight that's fair value considering Dwight coming back from back surgery.

Wallace needs to opt in, or else there is no deal. Also the Nets don't have a 1st rounder. They have Miami's 2nd rounder which is almost as useful as a 3rd rounder which doesn't even exist.

nyknygnyy09
05-02-2012, 04:25 PM

come on man they're significantly better than the nets

idk why everyone assumes Deron has to sign a max deal. maybe he just wants to win a championship, so he signs for 2 years in dallas. for all intents and purposes that's basically what Chris Paul is doing with the Clippers, just prolonging his FA by a year (or is it two? I don't recall). I know guys want the max contract immediately, but when your best options are an aging Mavs team with a closing window, or a team that you've already given a test run and saw went absolutely no where (with no great FA to put it over the top), maybe a two-year deal with the mavs is palatable. i think dallas instantly becomes a contender with deron there, even if jason terry leaves.

and for all the dirk declining ********, you all forget that this was a compressed schedule and dirk came to play out of shape. it's a strange year and that's particularly tough on older guys. if it was a normal season would people still say the same thing? doubtful.

cwesleyf
05-02-2012, 06:07 PM
I am not a Nets hater nor a Knick fan. As a Magic fan I hate to see all of the posts by fans of other teams that think Orlando will take a bag of nuts and an old broken yo yo for Dwight Howard. Brook Lopez and any combination of current Net players would be a disastrous trade for the best center in the NBA. The Nets are not a playoff team which means most of the players are not playoff caliber either. Without having the Nets winning the lottery I see no combination of players or picks that make sense to Orlando.

LTBaByyy
05-02-2012, 07:01 PM
I thought Lebron was leaning toward the Cavs too

Just saying. Plus, if we amnesty Haywood we have even more money!!!

D Will plus a couple decent free agents

People don't know how much the have in cap space, research!!

waveycrockett
05-03-2012, 10:49 PM
I thought Lebron was leaning toward the Cavs too

Just saying. Plus, if we amnesty Haywood we have even more money!!!

D Will plus a couple decent free agents

People don't know how much the have in cap space, research!!

Yes because playing with Wade and Bosh really compares to play with Old Dirk and washed up Marion. and all that cap space goes to signing DWill so they cant get anyone else, Dwill would be taking a paycut compared to the Max the Nets can offer and lose all his endorsements. Move on bud

.:dance::dance::dance:

boolish
05-03-2012, 10:53 PM
come on man they're significantly better than the nets

idk why everyone assumes Deron has to sign a max deal. maybe he just wants to win a championship, so he signs for 2 years in dallas. for all intents and purposes that's basically what Chris Paul is doing with the Clippers, just prolonging his FA by a year (or is it two? I don't recall). I know guys want the max contract immediately, but when your best options are an aging Mavs team with a closing window, or a team that you've already given a test run and saw went absolutely no where (with no great FA to put it over the top), maybe a two-year deal with the mavs is palatable. i think dallas instantly becomes a contender with deron there, even if jason terry leaves.

and for all the dirk declining ********, you all forget that this was a compressed schedule and dirk came to play out of shape. it's a strange year and that's particularly tough on older guys. if it was a normal season would people still say the same thing? doubtful.

lol. they all want max money. all of them. this is a business man. they all want as long a deal as they can get at the most money. there is no sentimentality until LATE in your career when you've made all your money. But if a max deal is sitting on the table he is not going to do Mark Cuban a gigantic favor and sign a two year deal. For what? The small chance he could get a title? Money comes first. Then comes titles. It's a fact.

And there are no guarantees that DAL is going to win another title with dirk getting so old. they have a rebuilding job ahead and their are no guarantees they can build the same kind of team. You watch. He will sign with BRK for MAX money. And then he is going to wait for DH.

Donuts365
05-03-2012, 11:08 PM
well see shell we

king4day
05-03-2012, 11:17 PM
lol. they all want max money. all of them. this is a business man. they all want as long a deal as they can get at the most money. there is no sentimentality until LATE in your career when you've made all your money. But if a max deal is sitting on the table he is not going to do Mark Cuban a gigantic favor and sign a two year deal. For what? The small chance he could get a title? Money comes first. Then comes titles. It's a fact.

And there are no guarantees that DAL is going to win another title with dirk getting so old. they have a rebuilding job ahead and their are no guarantees they can build the same kind of team. You watch. He will sign with BRK for MAX money. And then he is going to wait for DH.

I think you hit the nail on the head.
Plus, if he stays with Brooklyn, then Howard gets traded there this offseason which more and more people are starting to speculate, you add AK and Crash and that's suddenly a really scary team and has the offense and defense to compete with Miami. Young too. So that would be a better option than Dallas.

I really believe he will only sign with the Nets if he knows something we all don't know. He talks to Howard and will be told whether or not he's gonna end up there.

oak2455
05-03-2012, 11:17 PM
Yes because playing with Wade and Bosh really compares to play with Old Dirk and washed up Marion. and all that cap space goes to signing DWill so they cant get anyone else, Dwill would be taking a paycut compared to the Max the Nets can offer and lose all his endorsements. Move on bud

.:dance::dance::dance:

I think the Nets too... but no State tax in Dallas

D12 fan
05-04-2012, 12:02 AM
Mark Cuban looks like a fool right now,He let Tyson Chandler leave as a FA,then trades for LO and he quits on the team,and now it looks like Dwill will resign with Brooklyn leaving Dallas with nothing.The next best FA is Eric Gordon and NewOrleans will probally match any offer he recieves.This may be the worst decision ever made by Mark Cuban,and it will cost this franchise defending their crown.

justinnum1
05-04-2012, 12:13 AM
Mark cuban should write a book"how to destroy a championship team in 4 weeks"
Chapter 1-Trade your franchise top 5 center
Chapter 2-Trade for a team cancer

D12 fan
05-04-2012, 12:22 AM

Yeah they have no future either with Dirk/Marion/Haywood under contract,I guess they will throw max money to Steve Nash,because no way Dwill goes there to play with old veterans.

BlondeBomber41
05-04-2012, 12:55 AM
I love how so many of you are taking a tiny speculation article as fact. I still very much believe we will sign him. It's his home, much better chance to win, playing for the best owner in the NBA in the arena he said was his favorite to play in across the league.

We'll see how it plays out. This guy says he prefers NJ, Stephen A. Smith said he was a lock to go to Dallas. It's all speculation until something happens.

LTBaByyy
05-04-2012, 01:08 AM
Please tell me how Nets get Dwight Howard this summer again without trading Deron?

Nets fans :facepalm:

LTBaByyy
05-04-2012, 01:12 AM
Mavericks have like the 2nd most cap space this summer! Plus more if we amnesty Haywood (which is 100% coming)

People don't research, the Mavs wont be old at all next season, with D Will or without him

Plus we still get our 1st round draft pick this year with the protections (Looks like 17th pick) :dance:

Nets can't even get into the playoffs in the East, and they wont for years to come

If the Mavs are "sooooo old" what does that say about the talent in the NBA??? Because that old team is perennial playoff team and won the NBA championship just months ago, not even a year ago

Dade County
05-04-2012, 01:22 AM
Haywood to Miami :)

I really think williams and Howard might end up out west ( unless the Knicks or the bulls make a play for Howard )

shep33
05-04-2012, 01:33 AM
Problem for Williams though is that if he goes to Dallas, he better take a paycut. Essentially he and Dirk will make 40 mill next year. Marion is close to 9 so that's 49, add in Roddy and Dominique Jones and your around 52-53 mill.

They're projecting the cap to be what? Around 60 mill. So Dallas will have 7-8 of cap space left, with 5 players on the roster. That's with Haywood being amnestied too

Honestly, it's going to be tough to build a championship team for next year. They'll have to take on a lot of minimum contracts. I didn't realize Marion's contract was so huge.

Cal827
05-04-2012, 01:40 AM

:laugh:

That might outsell Pat Riley's Classic: "Some Presidents just want to watch the Heat's title chances Burn"

Released in 2007 :D just kidding around man.

LTBaByyy
05-04-2012, 04:38 AM
People are crazy if they think we should have resigned JJ and Tyson!!!

Do y'all know how much they wanted a year? Look how much they got

We would be screwed in a couple of years, now we have a lot of options for long term

D12 fan
05-04-2012, 12:47 PM
People are crazy if they think we should have resigned JJ and Tyson!!!

Do y'all know how much they wanted a year? Look how much they got

We would be screwed in a couple of years, now we have a lot of options for long term

Tyson was the reson Dallas won the tiltle,you guys have no inside presence on defense,Dirk needs a big who plays defense.Dwill would be stupid to sign with Dallas and be left with a core of Dwill/Dirk/Marion and vet min. players,that's not enough to compete out west with OKC,LAL,LAC,Memphis,SA.

DoMeFavors
05-04-2012, 12:52 PM
I think if Deron were to sign with Dallas he would want some actual players, with all that Dallas has to do to get all this cap space they need to get rid of some guys. Haywood,Jkidd,VC,Terry plus whos the center?? I dont think Deron wants to go to that team, sorry.

Deron even said he doesnt know why everyone keeps assuming he is going to Dallas he never said that. Dallas is done, I know after you watch this OKC series you want a little bit of hope but Dallas needs to rebuild. The team is awful.

Plus Billy King said that he is going to be very agressive this summer in bidding on amnesty players, to trades, to free agents and he is going to get a lot of depth.

gatkins11
05-04-2012, 12:57 PM
I think if Deron were to sign with Dallas he would want some actual players, with all that Dallas has to do to get all this cap space they need to get rid of some guys. Haywood,Jkidd,VC,Terry plus whos the center?? I dont think Deron wants to go to that team, sorry.

Deron even said he doesnt know why everyone keeps assuming he is going to Dallas he never said that. Dallas is done, I know after you watch this OKC series you want a little bit of hope but Dallas needs to rebuild. The team is awful.

Plus Billy King said that he is going to be very agressive this summer in bidding on amnesty players, to trades, to free agents and he is going to get a lot of depth.

I'm sure he'll trade another top 3 protected pick for another role player. I'm sure that's what Deron wants.

DoMeFavors
05-04-2012, 12:59 PM
I'm sure he'll trade another top 3 protected pick for another role player. I'm sure that's what Deron wants.

Yes he actually wanted Gerald Wallace. Why would Deron want a draft pick if he wants to win now?

Cal827
05-04-2012, 01:11 PM
^ Isn't Gerald Wallace leaving this year anyways? I could swear he said he's testing the market.

LTBaByyy
05-04-2012, 01:20 PM
DoMeFavors is so funny, if Dallas is old and done what does that make the Nets? :laugh:

They can't even make the playoffs in the freakin east with a big time All star, that team is young but they still suck.

That team is garbage

DoMeFavors
05-04-2012, 01:20 PM
^ Isn't Gerald Wallace leaving this year anyways? I could swear he said he's testing the market.

You should do some research before you state something that isnt true, if you want credibility atleast do your homework.

DoMeFavors
05-04-2012, 01:22 PM
DoMeFavors is so funny, if Dallas is old and done what does that make the Nets? :laugh:

They can't even make the playoffs in the freakin east with a big time All star, that team is young but they still suck.

That team is garbage

They had the most missed games in the NBA the most season ending injuries and didnt have a center all year, except for the game where he destroyed the mavs and Nets won. The team will look a lot different in the fall. I dont even know why you are arguing with me...Deron isnt going to the Mavs. What free agents has Dallas ever been able to sign? All their players the past 10 years have come in trades. Dallas isnt a place stars want to play.

Fargus
05-04-2012, 01:23 PM
You should do some research before you state something that isnt true, if you want credibility atleast do your homework.

This ones just too easy....

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/18865627/report-nets-f-gerald-wallace-to-optout

LTBaByyy
05-04-2012, 01:23 PM
With the East playoffs teams currently I can't see the Nets making the playoffs for another few years

LTBaByyy
05-04-2012, 01:26 PM
Favors is looking like a stud right now with Utah

I can't believe his name is still DoMeFavors lol

It should be DoMeLopez because it seems like he's the only one that will be there next year with Brooks

DoMeFavors
05-04-2012, 01:28 PM
Favors is looking like a stud right now with Utah

I can't believe his name is still DoMeFavors lol

It should be DoMeLopez because it seems like he's the only one that will be there next year with Brooks

Little posts like this proves my point that you have no arguement, you seem mad. I would be also if my team was about to be swept, last night was a hell of a game.

LTBaByyy
05-04-2012, 01:32 PM
DoMeFavora just said stars don't want to play in Dallas?!?!?!?!?! :laugh:

How many stars have the Nets tried to sign in the last 3 years? :laugh:

The only star you got was by trade. Hows that going for ya?

DoMeFavors
05-04-2012, 01:33 PM
This ones just too easy....

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/18865627/report-nets-f-gerald-wallace-to-optout

Instead of giving me a link to a story in which there are zero quotes from Gerald Wallace, why dont you find me the one where he says he wants to return. I bet you Deron AND Wallace will be Nets next year.

LTBaByyy
05-04-2012, 01:34 PM
THE NETS PULLED OUT RED CARPETS, FIREWORKS, AND PICTURES OF AN ARENA FOR OPPOSING STARS!!!!!!!

THATS HOW DESPERATE THE NETS ARE, NEVER DID IT FOR THEIR OWN TEAM :facepalm:

Case closed. I'm done.

DoMeFavors
05-04-2012, 01:34 PM
DoMeFavora just said stars don't want to play in Dallas?!?!?!?!?! :laugh:

How many stars have the Nets tried to sign in the last 3 years? :laugh:

The only star you got was by trade. Hows that going for ya?

Yeah during the worst years record wise by the Nets, please answer what big time free agents have the Mavs ever signed? Because RFA dont count.

DoMeFavors
05-04-2012, 01:36 PM
THE NETS PULLED OUT RED CARPETS, FIREWORKS, AND PICTURES OF AN ARENA FOR OPPOSING STARS!!!!!!!

THATS HOW DESPERATE THE NETS ARE, NEVER DID IT FOR THEIR OWN TEAM :facepalm:

Case closed. I'm done.

Bye!

thedfactor
05-04-2012, 01:38 PM
BTW Mavs fans not only is Deron staying a Net but Jason Kidd will be a Net also, he said in an interview this year it would be a honor, and he is backing up Deron at point guard whereever he goes. Pray you get Nash.:laugh2: Please do take Kidd in that circumstance. He wants mid-level money, anyone would be unwise to do such a thing. He can be all yours. Mavs need to revamp the roster and rebuild with talented youth around Dirk. Would like it to start with Deron, but if not then we'll look elsewhere in FA and potentially hope to score a talent in the draft to work with.

Until DWill inks the new deal with the Nets, anything is possible.

IndiansFan337
05-04-2012, 01:38 PM
I don't see it happening unless he talks to Dwight and finds out they'll be teaming up in Brooklyn. Dwight can still essentially force a S&T to any team he wants.

DoMeFavors
05-04-2012, 01:41 PM
:laugh2: Please do take Kidd in that circumstance. He wants mid-level money, anyone would be unwise to do such a thing. He can be all yours. Mavs need to revamp the roster and rebuild with talented youth around Dirk. Would like it to start with Deron, but if not then we'll look elsewhere in FA and potentially hope to score a talent in the draft to work with.

Until DWill inks the new deal with the Nets, anything is possible.

Yeah I heard about Kidd, so I guess he is retiring then..but I did read that Dallas plans to resign Kidd. From what im reading and seeing out of Deron and his wife it looks like they are going to be in Brooklyn just saying.

shep33
05-04-2012, 01:43 PM
I don't think it'll be down to those two teams alone. The Nets can maybe work a sign and trade for Dwill to another team of his choosing. They don't have to, but I mean it can happen.

You know what team actually makes a lot of sense? Portland. Dwill, Lamarcus, Batum, Mathews, plus two very high draft picks in a deep draft. But I'm guessing he wants a big market, so that's a no go

DoMeFavors
05-04-2012, 01:46 PM
I don't think it'll be down to those two teams alone. The Nets can maybe work a sign and trade for Dwill to another team of his choosing. They don't have to, but I mean it can happen.

You know what team actually makes a lot of sense? Portland. Dwill, Lamarcus, Batum, Mathews, plus two very high draft picks in a deep draft.

It makes sense but just dont see him playing in Portland.

LTBaByyy
05-04-2012, 01:46 PM
Dwight Howard will not be a Net, for who? Brook Lopez and scrubs hahahaha

They don't even have a 1st round pick. The Nets wont make the playoffs for another 5 years looking at these East playoff teams

Mavs will always old or young be in the playoffs until Mark Cuban is gone with Deron or without him. How many seasons in a row has it been? 12?

Deron wont win anything in Brooklyn except a few more Metro PCS ads

DoMeFavors
05-04-2012, 01:51 PM

They don't even have a 1st round pick. The Nets wont make the playoffs for another 5 years looking at these East playoff teams

Mavs will always old or young be in the playoffs until Mark Cuban is gone with Deron or without him. How many seasons in a row has it been? 12?

I thought case was closed.

thedfactor
05-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Yeah I heard about Kidd, so I guess he is retiring then..but I did read that Dallas plans to resign Kidd. From what im reading and seeing out of Deron and his wife it looks like they are going to be in Brooklyn just saying.Well as you said and it's been well chronicled Kidd has strong interest in backing up Deron wherever. So since you believe Deron resigns with the Nets, it's a higher probability the Nets take Kidd before Dallas overpays him. I would be fine with Kidd retiring and joining our staff, but he's pretty much dunzo in terms of being a player, let alone a starter.

There's reasons that DWill could easily prefer to stay with the Nets and won't surprise anyone or he has reasons to either return to his home state and town with the Mavericks OR shock people and land elsewhere besides our two teams. The summer and offseason cannot come soon enough.

Let's knock this domino down and get on with it

kdspurman
05-04-2012, 02:59 PM

What east playoff teams? Philly? Boston (who knows what happens to them), Atlanta? NY? There is potential for East teams to rise up as soon as next year.

The west is a different animal.

D12 fan
05-04-2012, 04:04 PM

If Dwill is smart he will sign with the Nets over Dallas,I mean which roster would you rather play with going forward the next 5 years.

Dallas Dirk/Marion/Haywood

Brooklyn Lopez,Brooks,Green,Wallace,possible top3 piock,or maybe a trade for Dwight.

DR_1
05-04-2012, 04:17 PM
^Lopez, Green, and Brooks will NOT get you Dwight Howard :facepalm:

D12 fan
05-04-2012, 04:44 PM
^Lopez, Green, and Brooks will NOT get you Dwight Howard :facepalm:

Did you read my comment,I never proposed a trade for Dwight,I said maybe they trade for Dwight.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
05-04-2012, 05:12 PM
if howard can force a trade only way any team trades for him is if hes going to sign long term unless they use him as a rental so why couldnt the nets resign dwill this offseason and than just sign howard the next and not have to give up any pieces or picks if i was the nets id resign williams this offseason and than make a trade of lopez for a 2 i know that they offered us lopez for ellis but our gm hammond turned it down but i could see us trading for lopez and the first for ellis and a s&t of ilyasova since the nets are rumored to love him. than they can decide to maybe move hump and wallace f or a 3 (obviously have to have wallace opt in or resign him and resign hump) but than trade them 2 for a legit 3 and in 2 seasons have a line-up of

pg:dwill
sg:monta ellis
sf: (whoever they trade kris hump and crash for) maybe someone along the lines of iggy prince g hill budinger rj josh smith t young beasly derrick williams such on and so fourth
pf:ilyasova
c:howard

they would be easily a top 4 team in the east although idk if they can do all that with the cap and if so they would have to prob fill their bench with players for vet min and MLE's

i just dont know why everyone thinks that if they sign dwill they have to get all the players this year i think that they could tell him that it might take another season or 2 but layout the plans and i think that he would be willing to wait over going to an older mavs team! im not being biased towards either the nets or the maves. yes the mavs can easily have a better future for the next year or 2 but if the nets can sell dwill on the endorsements and their future plans with an owner who is going to spend money and a gm that will make moves to build a team that can compete for years to come over at most competing for the next 4 years in dallas he will be a net!

rockbottom2010
05-04-2012, 05:38 PM

ditto plus wallace

D-Block21-Chito
05-04-2012, 06:10 PM

Ok buddy... I bet you nets have a better record than the mavs next year. How about it?

DR_1
05-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Did you read my comment,I never proposed a trade for Dwight,I said maybe they trade for Dwight.

Woops my bad man :laugh2:

D12 fan
05-04-2012, 07:48 PM
If Deron and Dwight really want to play together,I wouldn't be suprised if Dwill demanded a sign n trade to Orlando.If they can't do it in Brooklyn why not Orlando.

Anderson,Jameer(exp),Redick(exp),1rd for Dwill,Petro

Brooklyn gets Ryan Anderson Most Improved Player,and 2expiring contracts Jameer/Redick,and a 1rd pick,and get rid of Petro's contract.

Orlando gets a star to appease Dwight.

marj987
05-04-2012, 07:58 PM
As a Mavs fan, I thought he ways going to brooklyn also, larger fan base, and the opurtinitty (spell check) to play in a new city, that sounds pretty goddamn exciting if you ask me, people think that Deron just cant visit his family in Dallas, that's like the only reason we think he's coming here....no....I think he's signing with Brooklyn.