Nets next season:
C - Brook Lopez
PF - Amar'e Stoudemire
SF - Landry Fields
SG - Marshon Brooks
PG - Deron Williams

Raps08-09 Champ
05-01-2012, 01:07 PM
I believe they can get someone better than Gerald Wallace for Amare.

KnicksorBust
05-01-2012, 02:23 PM
He's got 3 years/$60 million left on that contract. That's a tough contract to move. I'm willing to hear alternative options but I'm not sure you get a player as good as Wallace and who would also be as good a fit. Plus if we get a shooter like Morrow that's icing on the cake. Morrow + Novak from the perimeter would give Melo all the room in the world.

Lord Leoshes
05-01-2012, 04:18 PM
I also agree that the Knicks could do better.

KnicksorBust
05-01-2012, 05:01 PM
I'm all ears for this better opportunity I'm not seeing. :)

Raps08-09 Champ
05-01-2012, 05:17 PM
I am a firm believer that the Knicks can get Howard.

I cannot see the Magic rebuilding and I believe they would rather want a star for Howard.

Gram
05-01-2012, 09:14 PM
How well does Melo play the four?

KnicksorBust
05-01-2012, 09:23 PM
He averaged about 30ppg on 50% from the field. As long as we have another forward like GForce we can mix and match coverages all game. Plus with Chandler at the top of the key setting screens, it gives Melo the whole paint to work with. He and Amar'e clog up each other's games and Melo is clearly the superior player at this point in their careers.

PatsSoxKnicks
05-02-2012, 12:42 PM
I still feel like Fields can get his jump shot together and be a good shooter, though clearly he'll never be in Morrow's league

I would do this from the Knicks perspective and I voted that it helps both teams because I didn't really think of it from the Nets perspective. However, the more I think about it, I don't know that it makes sense for the Nets. I mean it might help convince Deron to stay (and I think he's leaving) but at the same time, it might not. And I do have a feeling that Amare is done and if he is, if you're the Nets, you don't do this deal. But then there's no evidence that suggests Amare can't bounce back next year so maybe for that reason, they might.

But I agree with Raps, we should definitely look into Dwight and if Orlando is dumb enough to take back Amare.